[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/g/ - Technology



Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.



File: 1515429588454.png (877 KB, 1600x1448)
877 KB
877 KB PNG
ITT: pretend you're in silicon valley

>Day 14: I'm at my first junior developer job in silicon valley, nobody suspects that I'm actually a guy pretending to be a tranny just so they'd give me a diversity job.
>I saw one of the purple-haired HR staff do a double take at me as she walked by, her hand darted straight to the book of write-up slips she keeps on her belt loop.
>I'm in way over my head!
>>
File: 1451754731310.png (950 KB, 1000x669)
950 KB
950 KB PNG
>>64287101
>ITT: pretend you're in silicon valley
Day 1: I exit the car, rack the slide and start blasting every CIA nigger in sight.
>>
>>64287101
Does this actually work?
>>
>>64287101

> Day 31: Met for drinks with friends from college. All are jealous that I landed a job at one of the big four. With my $90k starting salary I'm almost middle class!
>>
>>64288895
Kek
>>
>>64287101
>Year 3: I'm white and right-wing AF, but I lied and said that I was a jew and progressive, so I got a senior position pretty quickly
>If you don't listen to people
>or read people
>it's pretty nice to work at Google.
>>
>>64287101
>day 0
>i've already gotten fired for being white
>>
>>64287101
>Hello, what would you like?
>XX$, how you will pay?
>Swipe it, chips aren't accepted.
>>
>Day 196: I just got a raise! Now that I'm making $185,000 a year, I can rent a box in a nicer alleyway to live in! No more nights of Frank trying to stab me!
>>
>just hopped onto my boosted board to visit my neogender friends
>we will take the uber to the juice bar and brainstorm new gluten free bagel combinations for our start up
>I hope my startup friends like my new websight completely written in nim (html is wayyy too mainstream)
>I hope I don't trip and break my backpack full of devices made out of fragile glass again! Ugh
>>
>Day 7: Jesus Christ this rent is expensive. I had to lower the amount of money I spent on food to pay it off. Can you believe I only bought 7 limes. Next thing you know I'm going to have to live off of avocado toast.
>>
>day 98: I've worked at company X long enough that they're now letting me be on call! I don't get paid for this time since I'm salaried but I get unlimited PTO so it should be fine :D
>>
>Day 10: I'm making five times the money of everyone I've ever known. No wonder people love living here.
>Day 14: Rent is how much?
>>
>Day 211: i make 120k a year as a google engineer and I live in a box truck in their parking lot to save 60k annually on rent, i'm a genius!
>>
>>64289720
>>64289650
>>64289098
>>64289071
>>64288895
Is rent and living standards like food that expensive? More than NY and Japan?

Average rent in a shitty place is 6K while making 30-50K
>>
Would pose as atranny actually work? Would they look over/check qualifications?

I'm getting pretty desperate and I would consider this unironically.
>>
>>64287133
Only correct answer.
>>
>>64287101
Day 01: join a "fight club" filled with pencil necked edge Lords trying to feel alive.
Day 02: slap my way to being the world's most powerful nerd, and golf with an executive who uses Linux.
Day 03: Silicon Valley is in the palm of my hands. I have my fight club running prostitutes, and acid for top CEOs looking for that creative edge, and a young 10/10 qt 3.14 to cum in. They feel on top of the world, and I have dirt on the tech world's most successful.
Day 04: I'm fucking bulletproof. I own this shithole, and I have every DM under my thumb.
Day 05: This was 10 years ago lads.
>>
>day 15693536
>I've finally finished an operating system in assembley
>I've no need of flesh
>I've no need of light
>I am my machines now
>oh and the Chinese lady next door makes a mean pho.
>>
>be apple employee
>transferred to my new office at the meme ring
>fuck
>all underground parking is taken
>have to park at the lot out back
>takes 10 mins to find a space
>spend 10 mins walking back to meme ring
>arrive at entrance
>fancy tram is full
>walk to my office
>its 26 mins away
>get vertigo on the way there because big glass wall and freefloating platform is terrible
>open door to office
>there are 10 of my coworkers in an area made for 5
>open office will be the death of me
>sounds from people on the walkway outside are deafening as the glass wall acts as a parabolic dish pointing inward
>sounds like gunshots when someone has heels
>do nothing of use all morning
>lunch time
>spend 10 mins walking to nearest cafeteria
>there are no chairs
>decide to eat in my communal cuck shed of an office
>by the time i get back its cold
>dont care because i feel like vomiting after the vertigo again
>>
>>64287101
>Day 1
>Everyone wants me dead because they aren't racist and hate cumskins like me
>The only reason Google can't fire me is because i'm their best engineer and AI researcher, if they fired me they would easily sink
>day 5
>For the sake of diversity 3 blacks were hired, 2 of them are niggers but i managed to bear this one named T. No those aren't acrynyms, he legaly changed his name to Mr. T.
>He somewhat understands machine learning, and shows both an aptitude and desire to learn more.
>day 10
>we became friends, this fucking nigger knows his shit and he's the only one here who isn't a fucking cuck
>"Yo mang, you heard about those niggas who be talking about being kangs and shiet? *Laughs in nigger*"
>One day he discovers im a chan-tard when i use a 4chan specific term
>He fucking winks at me and meets me after work to congratulate and "real tawlk"
>day 18
>Turns out the guy is a /pol/ster, believes some of the /pol/ memes. He voted MAGA.
>day 28
>stuck on a specific block of code, writers block or something
>he walks past, does some impromptu bro-coding with me, and manages to figure out that specific problem
>just winks at me and lets me take all the credit
>day 76
>we managed to parse the compilers, and retro-spin the modulators
>me and T are talking and shit when Mr. T's manager walks in and hears him use the word nigger
>thinks i trained the monkey to use demeaning words and turn him into an uncle Tom
>He calls her a bitch and tells her "the real deal"
>She leaves speechless
>day 77
>she came back, with higher-ups
>i get repremanded, T gets caged and "unwhitified"
>day 78
>I'm packing up to leave
>I see mister T
>call to him
>he looks at me with a stern look and starts shouting profanities at me
>apparently the brainwashing worked, he became fully niggerfied, stopped having interests in anything, stopped caring about life, started to smoke weed, became and emotional and mental child again, and hates whitey
:^(
>>
>Day 2
>Be presented a new female co-worker
>Bill the field manager tells me to train her and teach her the ways
>Gladly do
>Bill sees me at lunch
>Bill tells me after training her I will have 1 week left

...
>>
>>64287101
>conservashits fantasize about working in SV
We don't want you and will fire you. Fuck off.
>>
>>64287133
>not carrying one in the tube

Why live.
>>
>All I do is write pseudocode magically interpreted through the power of python
>I get paid $60/hour fresh out of school and yet the work I do is objectively simple and anyone can do it
>I get to call myself an engineer without actually having an engineering degree, nor taking the fundamentals/professional engineering exams
>all because I'm hip by being SELECT DISTINCT FROM {Tranny, Nigger, LGBTQB+, Jew}
>>
>>64287133
FPBP
>>
>>64289749
You can get an apartment in the valley for $2000 a month, which is barely anything when you make $200k a year as a new grad.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fox_and_the_Grapes
>>
>>64290709
You are NOT going to make 200 THOUSAND DOLLARS at an entry level anything in SV.
A much more realistic salary is 80k, you're still going to pay over 30% of your total income to rent alone.
>>
File: 1514914326671.jpg (91 KB, 634x424)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>get job in silicon valley
>barely do any work
>sometimes don't show up at all
>americuck nu-males and purple-haired sjws have to work twice as hard to make up for my laziness
>can't fire me because I'm foreign and that would be racist
>>
>>64290562
>We
Implying you work there lmao
>>
>>64290758
I agree with the sentiment here but you absolutely expect 200k starting if you have a PhD in EE and work as a chip architect, or a PhD in Maths/Stats and work as a quant. But as a normal old slightly above average code monkey, nowhere near 200k
>>
>>64290758
Literally every big company, Apple, Facebook, etc, hire at the 200k level. Nice sour grapes.
>>
>>64290777
Maybe total compensation, as well as factoring in sign-on bonuses, but no company hires software dudes at 200,000 american dollars into your pocket at the entry level
>>
>>64290786
Why would you care about anything else? Salary doesn't matter at all if you aren't a poorfag living paycheck to paycheck.
>>
>>64290803
Who are you talking to?
>>
>>64290832
The idiot claiming people do not make 200k at the entry level in the valley now backpedaling.
>but I meant salary!
>>
>>64290856
? How is that backpedaling? $200k dosh and $200k with a huge chunk of it being (((compensation))) are pretty different. I would much prefer $200k straight salary instead of $110k salary, a sign-on bonus with a bunch of strings attached which I only get if I jump through hoops x y & z, some mediocre benefits and catered lunches. Just give me money.
>>
>>64290760
>all that 'money'
>cant fix his teeth
>>
>>64290876
>a sign-on bonus with a bunch of strings attached which I only get if I jump through hoops x y & z
Literally all you have to do is not be fired within 1 year. You must be an absolute idiot. Stock is better than cash because you're getting free growth during the vesting time.
>>
>>64290901
>Stock is better than cash because you're getting free growth during the vesting time.
Assuming your company doesn't do something monumentally stupid while you're there. Do you actually work in SV or are you just another dork halfway through his CS state school degree projecting his impossible dreams into reality on an anonymous Polynesian doll collecting forum?
>>
File: 1514006451610.gif (694 KB, 540x652)
694 KB
694 KB GIF
>>64290709
>$200k a year as a new grad.
People don't actually believe this do they?
>>
>>64290918
>Assuming your company doesn't do something monumentally stupid while you're there.
If you company has a significant chance of doing something monumentally stupid then it's already factored into the price. You're getting the equivalent of an interest free loan to invest into the stock of a specific company on the market. You would have to be an idiot not to take such a loan, or not know anything about finance.
>>
>>64290940

totes true. MS intern offer this summer is 7250/mo plus 7k for housing and 1.5k for travel.

Thats on the low end of the high end too.
>>
>>64291010
Suuure it is
>>
File: shutterstock_300773336.jpg (423 KB, 1000x667)
423 KB
423 KB JPG
> uber to the pharmacy to pick up my PrEP; grab breakfast at a mexican bakery-- qu├ędeliciosa!
> start project: new cryptocurrency token
> write a first-draft white paper:
> "BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY SMART CONTRACTS BLOCKCHAIN FAST TRANSFER TIME BLOCKCHAIN ICO"
> pay indian $5 on upwork to format in latex and pad with references
> ask eager, purple-haired intern to make website with bootstrap:
> "BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY SMART CONTRACTS BLOCKCHAIN FAST TRANSFER TIME BLOCKCHAIN ICO" *scrolling-animation*
> ask trans intern to spam twitter and reddit after they return from their mental well-being break in yoga loft
> investors jump on it immediately; use part of the resulting $30mil venture capital to buy a nice mission workshop backpack and hit the gay bathhouse
> while getting assreamed by a bear, text milquetoast white dude intern to throw some shit up on github at some point
>>
In... Silicone valley?
I have to pretend that I am there?

Okay here goes
>day 4
>...
>...
>*the slamming to the ground*
>*the loss of sense across my body*
>the bridge... from which I had fallen
>painted its last, in my eyes
>they close now
>*the sound of the tires... skidding*
>it was the last thing that I heard
>the last thing they had expected
>the last thing I thought
>it was an inconvenience on them, sure
>an inconvenience on everyone traveling that day
>but no matter for me
>for I am free from this existence
>free from this valley and horrible life
>free from the great lengths at which these people stray from God
>free from the weight of this cult of a society
>may it be selfish
>I disagree
>*sudden noises break the silence*
>shit what have I done
>"anon, we need you to come over here and look at this bullshit"
>*disoriented* I look up from my seat and around
>scanning for the sound, I find Dave at my door
>*nodds* I watch as he steps out, still processing what he had said
>in utter despair I come back to reality
>*long sigh* this is what my life has come to
>collecting myself as best I can, I pause for a moment
>trying not to think or focus on anything, I just look at my desk space
>with regret and hopelessness on my face, I rise, and step out of my office and try to locate the bullshit without too much eye contact with the rest of the employees.
>>
>>64289603
Is unlimited PTO a meme?
>>
When's the next gigantic BDSM drug and sex orgy? My girlfriend's husband invited me to one last week and it was crazy. Managed to get a whole lot of shares and STDs.
>>
>>64291127

Exists at some places. Lots of smarter employers just care that you produce and not when and how you work.
>>
Where were you when /g/ became a /pol/ satellite?
>>
File: 1514867970128.png (71 KB, 213x207)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
>day 43
>go to work
>get shot
>>
>>64291398
i don't remember things that long ago
>>
>damn I only increased my net worth by $200k this year
>at this rate it will take until I'm 30 to reach my retirement goal of $2mil
Seriously, I can't understand how retarded wagecucks can work until they're 65. I would kill myself if I had to do that.
>>
>>64290370
>>open office will be the death of me
libre office 4lyf
>>
>>64289980
i don't know if it would work, I'm too scared to try.
But I do know you'll get more immediate replies to your resume if you submit it with a girls name instead.
Try it sometime, it's infuriating.
>>
>live in Silicon Valley
>$120k net salary
>spend $100k for rent
>>
>at least I don't live in Sacramento
>>
File: 1497831582780.jpg (206 KB, 1280x960)
206 KB
206 KB JPG
>>64287101
>Cry tears of joy because I'm a third wolder (albeit not a shitskin but still from a shithole).
Even some mcjob out there probably pays 10x more what I have here and unlike our taxes I could afford a top of the line PC without having to use the credit card to pay in 10 months for a single GPU.
I was going to buy a threadripper because I use blender a lot then found out here it's 1630 dollars for a 1950x and another 1000 for a crappy asrock taichi.
>>
>day 1 move in
>day 2 get swatted because Intel CPU backdoor
>>
File: hr.png (145 KB, 1349x470)
145 KB
145 KB PNG
>>64287101
banner related
>>
>>64287101
lmao this thread is hilarious. so many sour grapes. somehow I used to think people in this board werent complete losers.
>>
>>64294901
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/feb/27/silicon-aa-cost-of-living-crisis-has-americas-highest-paid-feeling-poor
>>
>>64294508
Haha I am saving that pic!
>>
>>64294928
haha whatever makes you feel better about yourself buddy. keep your chin up :^)
>>
>>64290370
pajeet life must be suffering.
>>
this an example of delutional thread.
>>
>>64295016
:^)
>>
>>64287133
>and I will look down and whisper gyno
Thanks lardtits
>>
>>64294901
just the poltards
>>
>>64295140
>Being attracted to men.
>>
>>64290709
Oh wow $2000.
Those are Toronto numbers.
You need to get those numbers up.
>>
>>64289749
Japan is cheap though since the declining population means property values are dropping hard. You can get a house in a suburb of Tokyo for only $300k which is impossible to do in SF, LA, or NYC.
>>
>>64295202
Looks like somebody hit a little too close to home
>>
>>64295270
Meh...fight me virgin.
>>
>>64295302
Ah..! Virgin! Good one!
>>
>>64295343
Mad enough to respond.

Don't you have somewhere else to be right now?
>>
>>64292562
I'm gonna bet "" "" white "" "" Br
>>
>>64295248
>Tokyo suburb
Tokyo is fucking huge. By that logic Sacramento counts as a "suburb" of the valley.
>>
>>64290485
One can dream of Mr Ts return
>>
>>64290894
actually bad teeth is a mark of well-being, and wealth, as you work so much, you have no time for your hygiene. Same goes for taking a shit in the streets, it's sign of royalty, different country different customs.
>>
>>64290207
Underrated
>>
I almost thought this was an erp thread.
>>
File: 45645645645645.png (5 KB, 352x86)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
>>64294990
Haha ha I'm saving U!
>>
>>64287101
Kotori A CUTE!
>>
>Day 355: They still don't know i'm a spider.
>>
>>64287101
OMG! This thread is destroying my sides! They hurt now! Stupid Drumpf!
>>
>>64287101
>ITT: pretend you're in silicon valley
But I'm in Silicon Valley
>>
>>64290709
>You can get an apartment in the valley for $2000 a month, which is barely anything when you make $200k a year as a new grad.
>$2000
>Liveable
Maybe if you get a shitty room mate or something. I make a lot more than what you wrote and even then its difficult to save money if you're not willing to take a hit on living standard.
>>
>>64300019
Then you obviously didn't bother to do your research or your "living standard" is retarded.
>>
>day 1
>patent a cool idea
>sell it to some billionaire
>retire
>>
>>64287101
>spend 4h in traffic to work because america
>spend 12h at work because america
>spend 4h in traffic home because america
>sleep 2h in your plywood home for 4 million bucks because america
>>
>>64292562
>become adult
>get paid enough to afford all the vidya and computer shit I want
>no time to enjoy it because job
>>
>>64290485
Don't do this
>>
>>64300032
>"living standard" is retarded.
I'm from an upper class family, sorry I'm not willing to live with my own shit like you NEETs do.
>>
>>64290786
>but no company hires software dudes at 200,000 american dollars into your pocket at the entry level
I had a summer internship at Apple during my junior year, and all of the software engineering interns were paid around $50/hr.

$120 - $150k is typical. $200k might be a bit of a stretch, but might be doable.
>>
>day 41: i'm living in my car outside of a whole foods and eating stuff out of their dumpster
>i spend all my energy on my laptop applying for jobs and doing fiver jobs just to afford food and gas and
>the other day I had to go without lunch just so i could afford the dry cleaning for my interview attire
>i've applied to 274 companies and gotten 36 interviews and none of them have ever called me again
>they don't even look at my portfolio i checked my github stats
>>
>>64287101
>Day 200: Company is starting compulsory estrogen injections on all white males to help with diversity
>>
>>64291127
"unlimited PTO" is a jew meme
>>
File: serveimage[2].jpg (41 KB, 1106x583)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>64290485
This sounds too real to be made up
>>
>>64287101
Jesus is this cost of living thing true? I was salty because I heard all these new graduates getting over 120k to work in the valley, I'm getting 80k base pay before benefits working in dallas but my rent is only 900/month for a nice one bedroom apartment.
>>
>>64299498
save me 2
>>
>>64300586
Different anon here.
What did anon mean by this post?
>>
File: 4u.png (215 KB, 1486x847)
215 KB
215 KB PNG
>>64301172
>see filename
>>
>>64287101
>a guy pretending to be a tranny just so they'd give me a diversity job
I've actually thought about doing this.
>>
>>64301102
Rent is SV averages to about 6k/month
not to mention everything else is inflated as fuck
>>
>silicon valley
>>
>>64301379
>Not wanting to pocket ~80k/year
?
>>
>>64301523
>be engineer
>live like a homeless person
>>
>>64301579
>be an overvalued code monkey
>call yourself an engineer
>make way more than you should be

When will this software developer meme end?
>>
>>64301619
>When will the people writing code to control technology and automating everything automate themselves out of a job?
>WWIII: back to the stone age edition
>AI singularity
>>
>>64301733
t. codemonkey who wrote useless code that can't tell monkeys from niggers, hired by the company that wants me to trust this retarded tech to drive my car

no thanks, soyboy
>>
>>64291127
>Well of course you can take a week of PTO
>I mean, we have an unlimited PTO strategy
>And if you want to take advantage of our policies and use them in the way that benefits you most
>I mean, we've got a lot of projects to do this year
>Are you a team player?
>Would you wear the minimum amount of flair?
>How will this look on your next review?

desu I'd rather everyone is just expected to take a certain amount of PTO
>>
>>64287101
That's almost my current reality but I never told anyone I wanted to be a girl and they kinda treat me like shit because I'm an evil white male even though I'm a pasty white nerd who wish he was born a girl.
Since it's never going to happen I just try to watch anime all day when not working to cope with my shitty life.
>>
>>64302213
>I already finished my part of the projects. Since I have nothing else to do I will be taking the rest of the quarter off.
>>
>>64290940
>>64291010
$200k is a bit on the high side, but you can definitely expect $150-$180 with bonuses and RSUs included.
>>
File: 51hs6QZ.png (309 KB, 610x327)
309 KB
309 KB PNG
>>64302266
>Since I have nothing else to do
>>
>>64299498
Awww you're so sweet. This is the girl who said that she was saving that pic.
>>
>pay 3k a month to live in the shit and std infested tenderloin
Not to bad tbqh.
>>
>>64289084
Brainstorming has been deemed offensive
It's called thought showers now
>>
>>64287101
>Day 1: Junior Dev at a Fortune 500 company
>Day 100: Realize that there's much more money in sales or pre-sales engineering and get gud with the product suite enough to make the move.
>Day 365: Begin building a network with some clients outside of the Bay Area
>Day 366-?: Begin get a region to work in and eventually move from the Bay Area doing consultant work or to Salt Lake, Raleigh, Austin.

Cause that's how it actually is in the Bay Area for 99% of the tech jobs there.
>>
>>64304445
i seriously cannot tell if you're joking
>>
>>64290786
Kinda does when you need to save consistently.
>>
>>64290709

More like

>$100k a year
>-30k in taxes
> 50k+ in living expenses
> Remainder into student loans

The Jews always win.
>>
>>64290773
t. unemployed ee student
>>
Saw homeless, fat man with a beard touting "GNU/Linux" on a street corner. Linus Torvalds stopped his car and yelled at him "It's fucking Linux and nothing else!". Greasy man started to mumble something about capitalism and surveillance.
>>
>>64290485
Reading his while high is great

Why do I think anyone cares lol
>>
>>64290773
>Ph.D. in Math
>any job I want
>$300k starting
>>
>>64290758
>>64304675
>>64290940
I'm a math major btw
>>
>earn 150k annually
>pay 75k annually for a 1 bedroom apartment
>another 3k in gas to drive to my job because I have a 1 hour commute both ways
>everything else toward food and student loans!
>>
>>64307685
More like:
>earn 200k annually
>pay $20k anually for a 1 bedroom apartment
>ride free company shuttle to work, the stop is 1 block away, 30 minute compute but that gets counted into my 8 hour workday along with half an hour for free breakfast, lunch, and dinner
>paid off student loans my first year here
>>
>>64307717
who pays 200k your first year?
>>
>>64307761
Google Facebook Microsoft Apple Amazon
>>
>>64290773
undergrad detected
>>
>>64307880
Amazon does not pay $200k your first year, what the fuck are you smoking.
>>
>>64290758
>you're still going to pay over 30% of your total income to rent alone
I earn $700/mo in a second word and will pay about 30% for my rent anyway. The difference is, 70% for me is $500, 70% for a Bay area worker is $4600/mo.
>>
>>64295248
there was a guy that bought a house the next area up from ikkebukuro for $30K, it was a traditional style japanese house from the late 40's and kind of shitty but it was his weeaboo dream. the neighborhood was all old people and mechanics shops on the road. he was also in between 2 train stops, and had to jump a major intersection to get to either. the place was also one of those tear it down and build another zoning houses in case something happened and it needed major repairs. it was kind of a shithole, but different strokes.
>>
>>64308524
Sounds perfect
Anymore information?
>>
>>64308840
>Sounds perfect
It's just you're a weeb.
>>
>>64307717
No one is getting 200k unless you're a standout from Stanford or MIT. You're also forgetting to factor in income tax, food, transportation, etc.
>>
>>64301579
>not being ENTJ enough to never actually root yourself in apartments or homes
>not being ENTJ enough
>>
>>64301102
120k in SF means youre living in a cracker jack box on top of 9 other roommates
>>
>>64288210
Yes.

Requires dedication and suppression of your sense of humor.
>>
>>64301298
Why would you want to always crossdress and act all weird and shit for any reason at all?
>>
>>64302248
You need to realize that there is nothing wrong with being male, get away from all the people telling you otherwise if you have to.
>>
>you would trade your life in an instant to some tranny gay jew
I want to drink jewice bar juice and eat toast with nasty af avocado on it god damnit
>>
>>64310122
because i want to get my foot in the door and nobody hires me
>>
>>64300722
Yet u fucks fucked up typing a single letter
>>
>Tfw making a fourth of the silicon valley starting salary meme as an entry software engineer and yet still make enough to live in a 1200 sqft apartment 20 minutes away from work with enough overflow that I can loose 3000 in the cryptomarket and not give a shit
Best part is that the state paid for my college education through an idiot tax so no student loans
>>
>>64287101
>tfw a slice of pizza costs more than my post number now
my 14 figure salary isn't cutting it anymore but i'm afraid to ask hr for a raise
>>
>>64288895
90k in the valley is dogshit.
>>
File: 1501930398319.jpg (28 KB, 423x423)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>64289084
Do you remember the guy spamming Nim in every thread?
>>
>>64289749
>6k rent at 30-50k salary
where the fuck do you live? 6k is more than a month's salary

it's exaggerated but yeah the valley is crazy inflated.
for actually living in the city is pretty pricey but if you're willing to take a shit commute to work you can live somewhat cheaply
>>
>>64290485
Praise kek it's so good
>>
It's nice to see /g/ is being invaded by /pol/fags too. Fucking hell this site is turning to trash.
>>
>>64289720
I swear I've seen this Medium post before
>>
>>64295248
>Japan is cheap though since the declining population means property values are dropping hard

This is how things are supposed to work. But boomers want their property values high, so they important immigrants to keep the house values up.

They don't care what happens, they just want a cozy retirement. This fucks over everyone under 40 years old.
>>
>>64308524
Generic mechanic shops or the type of tuning shops that would have sponsored street races in the 90s?
>>
>>64313441
You can ignore politics until it comes shitting on your doorstep.
>>
>>64292562
Cute girl.
Why she's so shy?
>>
This isn't /tv/ but the series is pretty accurate isn't it?
>>
>>64315538
>she
>>
>>64290773
>he bought the college meme
>year 1 of ee or stats and he already thinks he's going to get paid vastly better than everyone else
>$300k as a chip architect or quant

it baffles me the dogshit you college kids swallow these days
>>
>>64290777

but they don't, and you can factually go to job listings now and check this for yourself. if you think these companies just dole out 200k a year to college grads you need to take your autism pills
>>
>>64315887
You can literally look this up.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/heres-much-grads-companies-facebook-205254557.html
>>
>>64292137
underrated.
>>
>>64287101
day 420:
>i bought a truck to live in because i can't afford a real house
>>
File: 1515877150097.png (119 KB, 490x802)
119 KB
119 KB PNG
>>64313441
There's a raid by some childish card game enthusiasts and the kinds of fat tumblr SJWs who don't see the irony in wailing about cultural appropriation while basing their hair colours on those of anime characters, don't let it get to you anon.
>>
>>64300697
If you can't afford to live in SV without taking a hit in your living standard, then you're a fucking poorfag. Deal with it, loser.
>>
>>64292245
I'm not the previous anon but I actually have a girls name despite being a man, and with a little effort I could pass for a trap
Can I just roll in and pretend I'm on hormones therapy?
>>
>>64317958
it doesn't hurt to try
do post about your adventures sometime if you actually manage to get hired by faking being a tranny
>>
bump
>>
File: 1506706600877.jpg (64 KB, 460x690)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>64317958
What's your name qt?
>>
>>64317958
hey um can i hold ur hand anon
>>
>>64317958
Do it - it's the only way past HR to the good jobs in this timeline. Also post feet.
>>
>>64320972
snibbidy snab :DD
>>
>>64290562

t. diversity-hire tranny
>>
>tfw 120k over here is like 60k in flyover states because of taxes and rent but they only offered me 80k
>>
>working long hours and being expected to live at the company
Sounds like hell




Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.