[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 2.png (496 KB, 1279x416)
496 KB
496 KB PNG
I know /g/, you fucking warned me, but I needed it for xCode and Premiere so I gave it a try.
Don't. Please.
It's not worth the hassle.
It's well designed, I'll admit that, but it fails on some fundamental things: so far I've found:
>lack of ntfs support, you can only read ntfs disks and that's it. Oh but there is an app for that, and it's only 45.99$ on the App Store.
>lack of .doc readers, but there's an app for that with in-app purchases.
>lack of mkv/h265/HEVC support in the native player.
>lack of Flac audio support in the standard player.
>lots of useless gimmicks shown by default on the dock.(i.e. FaceTime, Memos, Notes, etc.)
>absolutely no customisation.
Everyone of these problems needed at least half an hour of downtime, interrupting any work, not even counting hackintosh's own problems like audio, video drivers and booting in the first place.
It really is an OS for people who prioritize looks on functionality, have a lot of money to burn in app purchases and don't mind losing time solving basic things.
Just install your distro of choice, you won't lose anything important.
>>
>>64701729
Hows font rendering on your 1080p monitor is it 27"? Audio didnt work well and my mac and font looked shit on 1080p "27 monitor for me
>>
>>64701796
both 21" and looks ok to me I guess.
>>
>>64701729

>>>lack of ntfs support, you can only read ntfs disks and that's it. Oh but there is an app for that, and it's only 45.99$ on the App Store.

> Apple's OS not having support for non-apple file system. Why would they do this to you?!

>>lack of .doc readers, but there's an app for that with in-app purchases.

LibreOffice?

>>lack of mkv/h265/HEVC support in the native player.

VLC?

>>lack of Flac audio support in the standard player.

Ok, this truly is shit, although i read that there are workarounds.

I agree with you that macOS is shit anon, but your arguments against it are plain wrong.
>>
>>64701729
>mactoddler
nice terminal title
>>
>>64701729
>>lack of ntfs support, you can only read ntfs disks and that's it. Oh but there is an app for that, and it's only 45.99$ on the App Store.
use exfat or vms or fuse, you wouldn't even be able to read apfs on windows
office exists
>using stock shit ever
mpv or iina
>>lots of useless gimmicks shown by default on the dock.(i.e. FaceTime, Memos, Notes, etc.)
delet, likewise on the windows
>>absolutely no customisation.
at least it's mostly consistent
>>64701796
I'm on 1440p 25" but font rendering is shit by default, try command bellow, I use 1, not as good as windows but gets close to it

Global font smoothing //0 - smoothing off, 1 - light smoothing, 2(default) heavy smoothing
defaults write -g AppleFontSmoothing -int 1
sudo defaults write -g AppleFontSmoothing -int 1
>>
>>64701955
>meme flavor of month waifu as your icon
>>
>>64701857
>>64701955
I may be playing the retarded side of this discussion, but why is it marketed as an easy to use os when it's so difficult to get it working right and a lot of things are missing?
Even Windows has an integrated solution to all these problem albeit shitty.
>>
>>64701857
>> Apple's OS not having support for non-apple file system. Why would they do this to you?!
freebsd or whateer based cant be extended to new use cases

cool!
>>
>>64702038

it actually has support for ntfs.
You can mount disks in read-only mode.
>>
>>64701857
>>64701955
Pages supports .doc and .docx
>>
>>64702020

Becasue the average MacOs user is the is a tech inpaired that doesn't know what a file system is and uses the computer only for web browsing.

For that, macOS is better than Windows and Linux, because you can't get wrong clicking on the chrome icon on your dock.
>>
>>64702020

Try to think like apple / any other company that makes money:

- Why would you use ntfs / flac / ms-office when there is apfs, hfs+, other crap / alac / iWork?

They could provide you with all that but why bother? What's in it for them?

It is an easy to use os, but you need to use their shit.

>>64702038
What I said above.

Also, the only systems that have out-of-the-box support for everything are the ones made by the community
>>
File: ezgif-3-7e7d5d06c3.gif (2.31 MB, 391x229)
2.31 MB
2.31 MB GIF
>I needed it for xCode and Premiere
>Just install your distro of choice
How would that solve your problem?

>lack of .doc readers
There is native Microsoft Office for macOS. There is no alternative if you have a real job and need dependable compatibility and functionality

>absolutely no customisation
Compared to what? It's pretty much comparable to Windows, which is again your only other choice if you're an Office and Adobe-using productive member of society. I guess if you spend more time ricing than working this could be a problem

>lack of ntfs support
An actual real issue. Amazing

>I had to install VLC
>I had to remove some applications from my dock
>Everyone of these problems needed at least half an hour of downtime
>>
>>64702038
Does Windows read HFS+? APFS? EXT3? EXT4? No?
Apple atleast reads NTFS, not Apples fault Microsofts not being open with the NTFS specs.
>>
>>64701729
>It really is an OS for people who prioritize looks on functionality
But it looks like shit
>>
>>64701729
>lack of .doc readers
OP is retarded. Pages is $0.00 and has no addons.
>>
>>64701729
> >absolutely no customisation.
> Everyone of these problems needed at least half an hour of downtime, interrupting any work
I can't change my window border! Damn! Work can wait, now what should I do...
>>
>>64701729
>lack of ntfs support, you can only read ntfs disks and that's it. Oh but there is an app for that, and it's only 45.99$ on the App Store.
At least you can read NTFS. It's a proprietary file system from Microsoft, are you really surprised? Just install NTFS-3G for open source write support

Lies. See attached image.
High Sierra.
High Sierra, works in Quicktime.
>lots of useless gimmicks shown by default on the dock.(i.e. FaceTime, Memos, Notes, etc.)
Like say... Windows 10 and tens of shitty apps nailed to Start, including actual ads?
Who cares?

Soo.... all lies? nice.
>>
>>64701729
so the only issue with the OS is that you can't rice it and you are forced to actually do something productive with it? because there's ntfs-3g for ntfs support, there are cracked office versions if you are a poorfag, there is VLC if you are an uncultured faggotd or mpv if you are an enlightened ricing faggot, same thing for flac and finally you can just remove the gimmicks from the dock if they hurt your eyes. you just like to complain, that's it
>>
>lack of ntfs support
pirate tuxera

>lack of .doc readers
LibreOffice

>lack of mkv/h265/HEVC support in the native player
VLC, IINA. Does the W10 player even support HEVC?

>lack of Flac audio support in the standard player
You could convert it to ALAC without losing quality (and being able to still play it on most music players), use Cog or any other media player

>lots of useless gimmicks shown by default on the dock
You could, you know, unpin them? Like what you do with Windows 10 and Candy Crush / Minecraft / Solitaire / Skype / Spotify and all that shit that gets installed by default and pinned on the start menu?

>Absolutely no customization
Well you got me there, although there are definitely some applications to display whatever the fuck you please on the top panel

Seriously, you keep asking for shit that's supposed to be supported only on Windows. I could complain that I don't have Pages on Windows. Or IINA. Or that I can't have decent font rendering on Windows, or the file manager not having things from Finder. But it's Windows, I'm not supposed to install Windows to use mac software.

Also a lot of CLI software that you would use on linux is available on homebrew. You can have your mpd and whatever the fuck you kids use. You just don't bother to look around.
>>
>>64701729
>>lack of ntfs support, you can only read ntfs disks and that's it. Oh but there is an app for that, and it's only 45.99$ on the App Store.
>>lots of useless gimmicks shown by default on the dock.(i.e. FaceTime, Memos, Notes, etc.)

OP IS A FAGGOT

https://github.com/iCHAIT/awesome-macOS
>>
>>64701981
she a cute : ^ )
>>
>>64701729
Ntfs is the worst file system. It couldn't even transfer more than 8gb until x64. But wincucks saying any other os is bad is a joke.
>>
>>64701729
pirate it you retard
holy shit mate learn to google
same as windows
see above
oh gee there are things on the dock I don't use! wasted 15 seconds removing them omg 0/10 shit os amiright?
As much as in any unix os, what the flying fuck are you talking about

Holy shit you're beyond mental retardation
>>
This thread is clear proof that many of the people out there who shit on macOS are absolute babies who need handholding to use a computer.
>>
>OP posts completely valid complaints
>macshills dance around the issue in tears
Thanks OP.
>>
>>64702146
Stop spreading the bullshit idea that Macs have the same version of office. THEY FUCKING DONT. they have ginoed piece of shit designed for iToddlers and it's missing tons of features you get on windows
>>
>replying to stale bait
stop
>>
>>64701729
>not even counting hackintosh's own problems like audio, video drivers and booting in the first place
What is lilu, whatevergreen and codeccommander
>novideo gpu
Oh, I see
>>64703083
>valid complaints
When most of the same apply to other operating systems, he could have complained about something more macos specific
>>
>>64701729
You can install ntfs-3g via homebrew to get read/write support.
>ever using standard players
Taking half an hour to fix that is pretty pathetic.
If you're using it for work, why does this really matter?
>>
>>64703570
>can't customize
>"well why does that matter"
EVERY
TIME
>>
>>64703611
I have little reason to believe the "customization" in question is anything more than pointless ricing. Consider actually answering the question.
>>
>>64701729
kjsegflsglseh
>>
>>64703625
But if it is ricing, why is that not a valid point? If it's my computer, I should be able to make it look however I want. Linux does not have this problem.
>>
>>64701729
You outed yourself. It's a Hackintosh so you aren't working.
>>
>>64702146
>There is native Microsoft Office for macOS. There is no alternative if you have a real job and need dependable compatibility and functionality

Windows in a VM works nicely. What primitive tribesmen only run one operating system at once? OS exist to run apps. Need an application? Run that OS. Don't need any that use a particular OS? Don't run it.
>>
>>64703649
You should but it's not utility, it's just jerking off and should be identified as such.

IRL if you can't become comfy with any and every OS you are a silly person. It's like only liking Whitworth open end wrenches but not liking metric or Imperial.
>>
>>64703649
I guess it comes down to priorities. I use a mac for work and I couldn't care much less about being able to rice it out. It does what I need it to do.
>>
>>64703709
>>>64703649 (You)
>You should but it's not utility, it's just jerking off and should be identified as such.
Well then you should wear sweatpants and a hoodie everyday, anything more is jerking off.

>IRL if you can't become comfy with any and every OS you are a silly person. It's like only liking Whitworth open end wrenches but not liking metric or Imperial.
I do become comfy with an OS because my OS lets me customize it very easily.
>>
File: 1518282078036.png (258 KB, 1416x1248)
258 KB
258 KB PNG
>>64701729

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as macOS, is in fact, OS X/macOS, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, OS X plus macOS. macOS is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another proprietary component of a fully functioning OS X system made useful by the OS X corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the OS X system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of OS X which is widely used today is called “macOS”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the OS X system, developed by the Apple Project. There really is a macOS, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. macOS is normally used in combination with the OS X operating system: the whole system is basically OS X with macOS added, or OS X/macOS. The so-called macOS is really OS X/macOS.
>>
>>64703859
All joking aside, OS X is BSD unix with an Apple GUI/wm over it.
>>
>>64701729
>macOS is a fucking toddler OS
Talking this way makes you a child
>>
>>64701729
I don't know man, I feel like you're just being retarded on a few things
This is like complaining that Internet Explorer is shit: just use a better program.
>lack of .doc readers
You can get microsoft word on macOS just like Windows
>lots of useless gimmicks shown by default on the dock
meh, just remove them if you don't use them. simple
You have about as much customization as Windows
>>
>>64701729
>lack of .doc readers
There's a program on macOS called Pages, comes pre-installed I believe, and is free on the app store otherwise. Supports .doc and .docx

Sounds like you just got a mac and don't really understand it yet. There are some differences but it's mostly just like Windows
>>
ntfs via fuse, free software
There are two builtin programs that can do that, and none have in app purchases
to be fair, none of the OS's do. just use mpv
They actually got it in High Sierra.
10 seconds to drag them out
Not really true, and customisation is for manchildren anyway. The things that actually matter like keyboard shortcuts are easily reconfigurable for example

And none of these things require any downtime. The only toddler is (You)
>>
macOS works but, by gum, it is limited-feeling.
>>
Mactoddlers will defend this.
>>
>>64706808
poorfags will lie talk about shit they don't understand. here's your (You), go buy dinner for your starving kids
>>
>>64706899
A mactoddler has defended this.
>>
>>64706914
a poorfag has poored.
>>
>>64703262
It's true.

An unexpected frustration of running Office on a Mac is for whatever fucking reason the formatting never comes out the same. Absolutely never.

Macs are alright, and I hackintosh'd from time to time, but it's really not worth it. It's easier to work in the same system you'll have to work in elsewhere, and that's usually Windows.
>>
>>64705313
comparing pages or any macshit to the proper windows versions of office is like comparing pen and paper to a fucking supercomputer

if you are not a coding monkey, you will need office -> windows

if you are a coding monkey you use linux, and maybe dual boot windows

OSX, which used to be in the mid 2000's the os of choice is now made for a mass market so that every piece of shit illiterate can sync their iphone to their mac or those faggot artists who contribute nothing to society

its literally useless

the only thing i like about it is the font scaling is very nice
>>
>>64706808
Almost everything the OP has posted has been demonstrated to be bullshit though
>lack of flac/mkv/h/h265/hevc in default player
Yes, I'm sure you use the default software in Windows too, you use Internet Explorer don't you?
>default dock apps
Just drag them out, problem solved
>lack of .doc readers
Complete lie. Pages is included with macOS and has full .doc and .docx support. Also, you can get MS Word or LibreWriter on macOS.
>>
File: 1500192904673.png (1.91 MB, 2880x1800)
1.91 MB
1.91 MB PNG
>>64705285
Office on mac is a joke and lacks even basic shit like pivot tables for Excel.

>>64705313
>using applel's shitty knockoff attempt at copying office
ohwaityou'reseriousletmelaughevenharder.gif

Macos is such a fucking joke, an entire industry was created where even an individual company like Parallels can make $100,000,000+ in a year just so you can run a real version of Office on macs.
>>
>>64706945
Yeah I used to say the same shit until I actually used one. I get it, we all have this tendency to hate on things when we perceive ourselves as the underdog. Especially when we're kids and browse /v/ a lot. But eventually you grow up.

>>64706945
>Windows version of office is like a supercomputer
hahahahahahahahahahahhaahahha
>>
>>64706961
Dude, the mac version of office is fine. People use it all the time outside of your little bubble. I never understood why people go out of their way to fanboy, lie, and defend corporate giants that don't give a shit about them lmao
>>
>>64701729
Old OS X (before 10.9) were somewhat beatiuful... But not it is a fucking KDE meme, with the same stability issues.
>>
>>64706945
>>64706961
Get a load of this fucking autist. If MS Office doesn't work on Mac then why are so many university students using macbooks? Why do highschools use macs in the computer lab? Why is there even a mac version of MS Office in the first place if it doesn't work?

Poorfags gonna poor I guess
>>
>>64701729
Here's something for free:
http://enjoygineering.com/mounty/
>lack of .doc readers
Install libreoffice like you would on windows
Install IINA
It's designed primarily for normalfags, what did you expect?
>>
>>64705235
And fucked up kernel by Apple.
>>
>>64707021
And HFS+
>>
>>64701729
Those were one of the worst reasons that I read so far
and this is /g/
congratulations for being retard
also you can fix everything for free and quickly
>>
>installed latest system update on hackintosh sierra
>now it only boots up in secure mode, no idea what the actual issue is
fugg, what do?
>>
File: 1505214564710.png (702 KB, 1280x720)
702 KB
702 KB PNG
>>64706987
Dude, the mac version of office is trash. People struggle with it all the time outside of your little bubble. I never understood why people go out of their way to fanboy, lie, and defend corporate giants that don't give a shit about them lmao
>>
Didn't these stupid fucks use the same shitty filesystem for like 20 years?
Why would you give them money?
>>
>>64702215
Don't reply to retarded troll. He is in it for shitposting not actual problems.
>>
>>64707064
You mean NTFS?
>>
>>64705235
All joking aside, BSD hasn't been unix for decades, and OSX was made from ripping off BSD after it became not-unix.
>>
>>64701729
>complains that you need time to solve basic things in macOS
>recommends linux

Is it opposite day?
>>
>>64707014
>Get a load of this fucking autist. If MS Office doesn't work on Mac then why are so many university students using macbooks

> implying "university students" need actual software
Yeah when you're typing your thesis on how interracial porn is breaking down barriers then I agree apple is very suited for your tasks

>>64706975
>hahahahahahahahahahahhaahahha
I work for a forex trading company, trying to run any of the financial modelling spreadsheets we used on my macbook pro will quickly show you how shit office on mac is

but then again you probably use excel to count the days between your daddy Tim Cook's next dick induced apple product so i expect nothing better
>>
>>64707103
Whatever dude, I think over 100 million mac users disagree with your claims about MS Office not working lol
>>
File: 1514227287151.jpg (61 KB, 325x548)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>64703083
>>
>>64707103
>I work for a forex trading company
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>64707103
Yeah and my dad works at nintendo
>>
>>64707103
>>
if high quality third party midi plugins, agile full screen window management, and drag+drop application installation are toddler, consider me trans-age
>>
File: 1497370998787.gif (1.14 MB, 500x447)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB GIF
>>64707128
>>64707129
>>64707156
A mactoddler has samefagged and defended this.
>>
>>64707176
>No one uses the default music player
>Just drag the apps you don't use off the dock
>MS Office runs on Mac
OP (You) BTFO
>>
>>64707176
>calling samefag on posts two seconds apart
>>
>>64701729
I like how there are so many annoying animations that distract and slow you down.
Steve Jobs once likened making a computer fast to saving lives by comparing the time saved to the average lifespan. By this very logic, Apple is committing genocide.
>>
>>64707176
Sorry dude, your thread is retarded. Again, you might as well just use Internet Explorer and claim that Windows doesn't let you use another browser. Or get angry because it comes preinstalled with some things you don't use.
>>
>>64707208
>samefagging from your memebook and iGay at the same time
SAD!
>>
>>64707173
>agile full screen window management
>agile
lel
>high quality third party midi plugins
Windows has them too
>drag+drop application installation are toddler
But that's exactly what they are? Doesn't matter anyway since a lot of shit have their own installer programs just like on windows
>>
>>64707216
MACTODDLERS ON SUICIDE WATCH
>>
>>64707242
>Everyone that disagrees with me is actually the same person pretending to be different people
deluded
>>
>>64707128
>>I work for a forex trading company
>Opinion discarded.

All male workplace, earn percentages rather than a wage, can work from home, talk shit all day

vs

working in an inclusive multiethnic gender fluid politically correct safe space in silicon valley in the gay centre of america
>>
>>64707272
>*insert subjective opinion*
>MACTOLDDLRES BtFO XD AMIRTIE FELLOW REDDITORS
>>
>>64707287
>t. assblasted mactoddler
>>
>>64707283
or 3rd option, OP is a larping underage faggot and doesn't work anywhere.
>>
>>64707295
owned XD
how do i upvote this post
>>
File: 1488074676770.webm (1.48 MB, 640x360)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB WEBM
>>64707296
>t. underage mactoddler
>>
>>64707283
I wasn't aware those were the only two employment opportunities left.
>>
>>64707328
owned XD le upboat
we can sit here and repeat the same insults all day
>>
>>64707328
You are obsessed with products you can't afford and those products don't affect you in any way. You need to get help before you hurt yourself.
>>
If you can't use a mac you don't fucking belong on /g/.
>>
>>64702078
>pages
Literally fucking remove yourself from this world
>>
>>64707397
>winfag assblasted that people aren't paying for his shitty office suite
hilarious. keep the salt coming
>>
>>64707371
Most of /g/ can’t use Windows beyond muhgames, or Linux beyond screenfetch/neofetch.
>>
>>64707426
But, well, you have to be literally retarded to not be able to use a mac. It's supposed to be brainlet-proof, but as usual, the stupidity on this board continues to exceed all expectations.
>>
>>64707255
t. hasn't used a magic trackpad nor or preprogrammed a higher end mouse (in my case a g502)

although I guess you have a point on the other 2....but i personally just love how straightforward logic pro x is
>>
>>64701729
I like my MBP that I use for music production. Simple, fast, plug and play. Would not recommend for most use cases though.
>>
>>64707371
If you use a mac you don't fucking belong on /g/.
>>
>>64707978
If you can't use a mac you're literally retarded
Same is true if you think that an inability is something positive
>>
>>64701729
The only valid criticism is no customization.
>>
>>64708156
If you use a mac you're literally retarded.
>>
>>64702126
accurate description of their userbase
they also love to humiliate Windows and Linux
>>
>>64708180
I feel this way but about Windows
>>
>>64702149
all of those filesystems can be used with windows via 3rd party software
>>
File: 1512846219934.jpg (150 KB, 539x585)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
>>64708180
This.
>>
>>64708253
Mind sharing few arguments why? ;)
>>
File: 1506138677174.jpg (118 KB, 1280x720)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>64708180
>>
File: NASA-Curiosity.jpg (29 KB, 800x444)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>64708180
>If you use a mac you're literally retarded.
Suddenly crowd of NASA rocket and robotics scientists appear and block your path
>>
>>64701729
>NTFS
>using a fucking .doc reader instead of just pirating full Office like everyone else
>pretending that anyone uses the native player on any operating system
>literally being unable to click and drag up
>expecting customization on a proprietary platform that prides itself on handling the polish and aesthetics for you
This blogpost gave me cancer.
>>
>>64708480
Even rocket scientists have Facebook accounts.
>>
>>64708289
read the OP for all the arguments you'll ever need ;^)
>>
File: 1511153019969.png (290 KB, 738x733)
290 KB
290 KB PNG
Reminder that the people that make ios and macos are literal ponyfags.
>>
>>64708541
How do you find out who makes iOS and macOS?
>>
File: 1514370829374.png (465 KB, 656x846)
465 KB
465 KB PNG
>>64708554
>>
>>64708289
It is literally the default for poor poors. It is bloated and aggravating to use. Linux may be somewhat irksome but and Linus distrust are usually anything but bloated Windows has no right to be so onerous. I like my Mac because it integrates very smoothly with all of my recording equipment with negligible latency, and I didn’t have to read anything to get it to work. I’m a musician not a hackerman. There should be no impediment to my creative process. Unfortunately Windows does not facilitate this well at all. It is the poverty default that always seems like it is trying to sell me on something. I really do prefer Linux to Mac but for music stuff the lack of headache and latency on my MBP made the jump a no brainer. The only reason to use Windows is gaming and if video games is your prime imperative you have bigger problems than what OS to use. :)
>>
>>64708541
iPones will defend this.
>>
>>64703459
the one upside to using macs is that these arent supposed to be an issue you nigger.
>>
>>64701729
External keyboard caps lock lights don't work
Nonstandard keyboard layout
Command + x/c/v for cut/copy/paste instead of CTRL + x/c/v
Pressing delete in finder does nothing. Must use command + backspace to move to trash
Enter in finder renames file instead of opening it
Maximize button doesn't maximize
Clicking a programs icon in dock doesn't minimize/restore
Menu bar doesn't extend across multiple monitors. Must go to primary monitor to open menus for programs on secondary screen
No proper package manager
Finder has no option to show hidden files, must execute a terminal command and kill finder
No preview of program windows when hovering over the dock icons
Lol no ports. Lol just use a dongle
Filesystem isn't case sensitive
Glossy screen instead of matte. Not even the excuse of being a touchscreen
>>
>>64709573
You forgot fragmented package management (because pkgsrc can't add repos and homebrew can't manage the entire system, so you're stuck with both) and unable to remap a single key (ex: impossible to swap only the left Cmd with Caps Lock, only both Cmds).

Toy OS.
>>
>>64709573
>Command + x/c/v for cut/copy/paste instead of CTRL + x/c/v
This is bad why? Command key is one of the best things about the system
>>
>>64708266
...and NTFS can be used with Mac OS via third-party software.
>>
>>64710453
Nope
>>
>>64710487
You are wrong.
>>
File: 1518307002141.png (339 KB, 823x549)
339 KB
339 KB PNG
>>64701729

Wrong. FUSE + NTFS-3G, both free and open source projects which allow read/write to NTFS. There would also be no legal way for Apple to provide that support natively.

MS Office, Pages, LibreOffice. Why are you acting as if Office is free?

It's not supported in native Windows player either. Is your complaint seriously that you have to download MPV?

Same as above.

FaceTime is a solid videochat app, which you don't have to use, and really, Memos and Notes are gimmicks? Are you retarded?

Compared to what, and why is this even an issue. Sorry you can't turbo rice.

>Everyone of these problems needed at least half an hour of downtime, interrupting any work, not even counting hackintosh's own problems like audio, video drivers and booting in the first place.

Nobody told you to run an OS on unsupported hardware, and if any of these problems trouble you for more than a 60 second Google search, you seriously need to kill yourself.
>>
>>64703262
No, they have a gimped version because it's a Microsoft product, and we all know how they feel about competition. You seriously think they would make a feature complete version for macOS? Ain't nobody's fault except for Microsoft, and the people that choose to use their shitty software.

Why the fuck do you need to use .docs in 2018 anyway?
>>
>>64703649
>fuckin itoddler macbaby toy computer toy shit! I can't even bling it out with sick rice like linux! I NEED to be able to see my CPU usage at ALL TIMES, and have it be in a hot pink window frame with an anime girl sucking dick in the background. Anything less is for people who are NOT SERIOUS about computers.

See you in CS 101, friend.
>>
>>64706961
Literally whose fault is that except for Microsoft and the people who use their software? LibreOffice supports pivot tables. Why not use that?
>>
>>64710487
you're an idiot
>>
>>64701729
>ntfs support
>ms word support

HURRRRRR

>lack of feature support in the 'native player'

do you use fucking Windows Player as your MKV/h265/HEVC/FLAC files on Wangblows you fucking mong?

>complains about default items on dock

because right clicking and removing is so fucking hard. it takes less time to customize your dock and launchpad on macos than it takes to weed out all the utter useless and unwanted crap in the start menu on a windows install.

you're fucking mong.

>muh distro

correction: you're a fucking mong whose time is worthless
>>
>>64710646
please dont post here anymore
>>
Mactoddlers have defended this.
>>
>>64711325
O B S E S S E D
>>
>>64711592
>t. mactoddler
>>
>>64701955
Fucking idiot, windows can read APFS. and it was free. Now fucking fuck off
>>
File: you_irl.jpg (131 KB, 839x1000)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>64711627
Go throw a tantrum somewhere else.
>>
File: 1506849465701.webm (189 KB, 640x360)
189 KB
189 KB WEBM
>>64711801
>t. iToddler throwing an iTantrum
>>
>>64711820
O B S E S S E D
>>
>>64711847
>t. iBrony
>>
>>64711867
O B S E S S E D
>>
>>64711627
Retard
>>
File: 1508129770639.png (65 KB, 195x200)
65 KB
65 KB PNG
>>64711966
>macbrony
>calling someone else a retard
>>
>>64711820
>>64711867
>t. Actual Toddler
>>
>>64701857
>pay a premium for a device that still lacks basic features
>trying to defend it

whats a computer?
>>
>>64702059
OP already said this. NTFS is read only, which is great until you want to write. Even Linux distros that fit onto a floppy can write NTFS, yet Apple can't find space for this anywhere in their huge OS?
>>
>>64702184
You have to use Pages for that now? Pages has always been ass. I got off the OS X train after Snow Leopard, but I remember reading Word documents in Preview or by hitting spacebar in Finder.
>>
>>64712018
>whats a computer?
That's what you need to learn.
>>
>>64702599
>It couldn't even transfer more than 8gb until x64.
Bull fucking shit. I was throwing around larger files than that back in the day on XP, and I had the 32 bit version.
>>
>>64712002
O B S E S S E D
>>
>>64712063
There's only Apple's new iToy anon
>>
>>64710646
>There would also be no legal way for Apple to provide that support natively.
They could port ntfs-3g to macOS, so long as they provide a download of their modified source for it. Or are you saying that all the companies that ship Linux distros that include ntfs-3g are doing something illegal?

>MS Office, Pages, LibreOffice
MS Office costs $$$; Pages sucks; LibreOffice is fine; however every other major modern system does something sensible out of the box if you open a .doc file. In Windows you can view a perhaps somewhat degraded form of it in Wordpad or activate a trial of Office, and in Linux LibreOffice often comes preinstalled.

This wouldn't be such a gripe if it weren't pushed as the easiest and most intuitive operating system.

>Compared to what
Compared to Windows or Linux.
>>
>>64712170
>They could port ntfs-3g to macOS, so long as they provide a download of their modified source for it. Or are you saying that all the companies that ship Linux distros that include ntfs-3g are doing something illegal?

Linux distro != a proprietary operating system. You should learn how the GPL works.

>MS Office costs $$$; Pages sucks; LibreOffice is fine; however every other major modern system does something sensible out of the box if you open a .doc file. In Windows you can view a perhaps somewhat degraded form of it in Wordpad or activate a trial of Office, and in Linux LibreOffice often comes preinstalled.
>
>This wouldn't be such a gripe if it weren't pushed as the easiest and most intuitive operating system.

Pages can open .doc files just fine. Also are you seriously suggesting installing software is not "easy and intuitive"?

>Compared to Windows or Linux.

Linux wins on this one obviously, but Windows is not all that customizable. At least not significantly more so than macOS. At least you could run X11 on macOS if you really wanted to, and use a DE/WM of your choice. Windows has alternative shells, but most of them are pretty janky in my experience.
>>
>>64712222
witnessed
>>
>>64703688
This is /g/, only plebs post frequently.
>>
>>64712222
>>64712242
>Linux distro != a proprietary operating system
Loadable module being loaded into an open framework that interfaces with an open source kernel.

If they port (potential GPL issues) or reimplement FUSE on Mach, they could port ntfs-3g. Or they could license Paragon's proprietary one at a price that would be chump change to them. Either would solve the long-standing nightmare of getting files back and forth between Windows and macOS when using Bootcamp.

>Also are you seriously suggesting installing software is not "easy and intuitive"?
I said Pages is ass. And if it's free, why not include it like Windows does with Wordpad?

Installing software isn't difficult, even for the average Mac buyer at least if it's in the app store. But when you click a doc file does anything direct people to download Pages? Does anything guide them to Pages as opposed to something sleazy? Genuinely don't know.

>Windows is not all that customizable
7 was, 10 not so much. You can still dink around with things like title bar sizes, colors, and all the taskbar and start screen options.

>At least you could run X11 on macOS if you really wanted to, and use a DE/WM of your choice
Also possible on Windows. Pretty sure some of the Linux DEs build in Cygwin and/or MinGW which are both capable of launching exe files. I already use Xming to ssh X forward from Linux boxes.
>>
>>64701729
Open source shit can do that easy to install
Who uses the native player anyway?
Who uses the native player anyway?
Trivially customizeable
Objectively incorrect

Why are you always so butthurt about OSX?
>>
>>64712245
Holy shit you caught me
>>
>>64712327
>Who uses the native player anyway?
When I used OS X, around 10.6, quick preview, Quicktime and iTunes were reasonable players. They loaded quickly, played most of what I threw at them, and integrated well with the rest of the system.

Have they gotten crap since then?
>>
>>64712325
>Loadable module being loaded into an open framework that interfaces with an open source kernel.
>
>If they port (potential GPL issues) or reimplement FUSE on Mach, they could port ntfs-3g. Or they could license Paragon's proprietary one at a price that would be chump change to them. Either would solve the long-standing nightmare of getting files back and forth between Windows and macOS when using Bootcamp.

Or, you could just install the software. If you're going so far as to install Bootcamp and Windows, that shouldn't be a problem for you. Guarantee the licensing situation is not as simple as you think it is.

>I said Pages is ass. And if it's free, why not include it like Windows does with Wordpad?
>
>Installing software isn't difficult, even for the average Mac buyer at least if it's in the app store. But when you click a doc file does anything direct people to download Pages? Does anything guide them to Pages as opposed to something sleazy? Genuinely don't know.

Have you ever used macOS? Pages is installed by default for free. The whole Apple office suite is. It's been like that for years. Default behavior is to open .docs with Pages. Also the quality of Pages is irrelevant. Wordpad isn't the world's greatest software either. Blame Microsoft and the people who support the use of the .doc format when there are better, open source solutions available.

>7 was, 10 not so much. You can still dink around with things like title bar sizes, colors, and all the taskbar and start screen options.

Like I said, Linux wins here, but macOS is about as customizable as Win10 is.
>>
>>64712332
Yeah. Post-delete-post stays visible for people who have auto refresh enabled. I still see >>64712222.
>>
>>64712380
>Have you ever used macOS? Pages is installed by default for free. The whole Apple office suite is. It's been like that for years. Default behavior is to open .docs with Pages.
I last used it in 10.5-10.6 on a Mac that came with 10.5 and iWorks preinstalled. Back then iWorks cost extra and was included as a free or cheap bonus on this one. I've only used it since when fixing a MBP for someone I know, and it seemed way bloated and laggy compared to what I had, and too iOS-y.
>>
>>64712332
>get quads
>hurr durrr you caught me
faggot
>>
>>64712431
So you're basing your views on a version from literally a decade ago?
>>
File: 1517351192841.png (282 KB, 1680x1050)
282 KB
282 KB PNG
>>64712470
Oh shit I didn't even realize.
>>
>>64712481
From when OS X was good. I've used more recent ones enough to know quality has declined.
>>
>>64712365
Quick Look and Quicktime are still good, but you need VLC or IINA for anything that isn't .mp4. iTunes is bloat from iOS and they're trying to clean it up, but it's probably going to be gutted in favor of Apple Music.
>>
>>64701729
no shit. it's literally the only "unix" where mmap is slower than open/read

it has retarded, set root password and logging in by doing it twice bug.

it had the whole goto fail bullshit for tls cert validation.

people seem to have forgetten the DYLD_whatever thing and some of the ancient solaris tier SUID bugs as well.

It's literally inferior to Windows in both security and even in "benchmarks"
macos is just pure garbage.
>>
>>64709573
Nearly everything you said can be fixed either by changing a setting or installing a program.

>Have to go to the menu bar on the first monitor to open menus
This is incorrect. Each monitor gets its own menu bar, they get greyed out though unless the monitor is focused.
>>
>>64711757
OSX can read NTFS and it's free - what's your point?
>>
>>64712682
What's the point of reading is to write anon
>>
>>64712732
you can technically enable write to it too. you can also install free/gratis software for it to enable read access as well. how can you expect the os of a non-affiliated company to be able to run a proprietary and closed source filesystem by default?
>>
>>64701729
>lack of ntfs support
Mac user here. This is what I can see from your post comparing to Windows. You didn't have Pages installed, right?
>>
>>64701729
>not even counting hackintosh's own problems like audio, video drivers and booting in the first place
Buy a mac then
>>
>>64712554
>comparing wangblows with antivirus security to macOS out-of-the-box security
t. pajeet
>>
>>64714058
>fagOS
>security
Good joke.
>>
>>64701729
So most of your complaint is that it doesn't do everything you want out of the box? Big fucking deal, nothing does.
Oh, and useless pre-installed stuff? Better than Windows in that regard.
Customisation? Okay, that is a weak point, but it's not the complete lack you make it out to be. On the other hand, its default looks aren't bad enough that I feel they must be changed.
>>
>>64714084
O B S E S S E D
>>
>>64701729
I'm not a mactoddler but those are all pretty stupid complaints. ntfs is useless, it has microsoft office, you can download a new audio player and change the dock. The OS isn't apples problem.
>>
>>64714058
Windows 10 comes with a fair antivirus that you can't turn off easily.
>>
Not trying to defend it, I just said that his arguments are shit. Read before you post dumbass.
>>
>>64701729
Who fucking cares about NTFS or .DOC? Those are for MS fanboys.

>no FLAC in standard player
Why use the standard one? It's not like you're in a walled garden.

Can you be less subjective next time?
>>
>>64701729
>FaceTime
I've never heard of this before outside of South Park.
>>
>>64714841
>.DOC
Anyone who has to turn in assignments in .doc format or has coworkers who send stuff in it.

>NTFS
Useful when connecting USB hard disks that already have some data on them.
>>
>>64701729
none of what you said is at all a hurdle if you aren't a "toddler" yourself.

OH NO THE DEFAULT MEDIA PLAYER ISN'T GOOD! IF ONLY I COULD INSTALL ANOTHER ONE

OH NO IT HAS SHORTCUTS I DON'T NEED ON THE DOCK IF ONLY I COULD REMOVE THEM

okay you're completely retarded.
>>
File: excel.png (516 KB, 1234x1030)
516 KB
516 KB PNG
>>64706961
>Office on mac is a joke and lacks even basic shit like pivot tables for Excel.
>>
>>64714914
>Anyone who has to turn in assignments in .doc format or has coworkers who send stuff in it.
Do you live in fucking India?
>>
>>64714967
No, but some profs want anything turned in digitally to be in doc format so they can leave notes on it using the comment function in Word. That way you can see why you got the grade you did.
>>
File: file.png (20 KB, 543x443)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
>>64701729
dotsynergy

MacOS is better than Windows 10 from a poweruser, customizability, usability (phone apps on desktop? LOL) and privacy standpoint.
Microshit fucked up with 10. ME and Vista didn't work, but at least they were good ideas, 10 is worse than ME or Vista.

pic is average redditor gaymur and Windows 10 college student with MSI gaming laptop.
>>
>>64708541
Where's barneyfag when you actually need him?
>>
>>64714914
>>NTFS
>Useful when connecting USB hard disks that already have some data on them.
And it can read from those just fine.
>>
>>64706961
>Don't. Please.
>ohwaityou'reseriousletmelaughevenharder.gif

hello red dit. you're not welcome here.
>>
>>64707014
One of apples conditions to accept microsofts bailout some 20 years ago was that ms continue to develop office for macs. Imagine how useless macs would be without office. Even they knew it
>>
>>64701729
Übersicht, iTerm2, uBar
>>
File: 1503913573830.png (72 KB, 698x658)
72 KB
72 KB PNG
>>64701729
oh no don't let anyone see your username desu
>>
>Mac os is the most modern, sleek and beautiful OS
>What do you need customization for?
>>
You fuckers are making me want to install this shit again.
>>
>>64708251

> They also love humilate other OSes

yes, that's common between poorfags who want to appear rich.
>>
>>64717416
This. Mainly poor people have Apple products.
>>
Some people defend Apple no matter what. Some people hate Apple no matter what. The absurd amount of fanboys being faggots gets countered by the absurd amount of faggots following this trend of Apple hating.
>>
Mactoddlers have defended this.
>>
>>64717436
>>
>>64720817
>>
>>64717500
It's what we get for coddling toddlers from reddit and /v/ who think everyone is a sheep just like them who can only think in terms of brands and corporations.

We could have prevented this.
>>
>>64715221
>How do you want to give me this file? It's too big to email and my cloud thing is almost full.
>Uh just stick it on this HDD
>Sorry, I have a Mac
>>
>>64719065
O B S E S S E D
>>
>>64712018
Does windows or any linux based OS come with h265 support built in?
>>
>>64712018
Gentoo, arch, and debian netinst don't come with video players anon, and windows media player is fucking terrible
>>
>>64721705
>windows media player is fucking terrible
it comes with movies and tv or something like that now, it can play mkv, not 10bit though
>>
>>64721343
Not really a problem I've run into; no-one formats external hard drives as NTFS. If it's not FAT32 it's exFAT, both of which work just fine.
>>
>>64702020
Because your average user isn't a developer. Your average user doesn't know the difference between NTFS and FAT except that if someone formats a flash drive with NTFS, they won't be able to write to it.
Your average user is just fine with streaming services and can't tell the difference between MP3-192 and 320, much less FLAC, because they use shit tier headphones they bought for $50 at Best Buy.
Your average user is dumb enough to shell out for MS office instead of downloading Libreoffice.
For the tech illiterate, Apple makes a great product.
Apple used to be the go to tool for actually creative people. They've stopped working for that crowd, though, and focus on the normie market. Developing on OS X used to be far better than Windows, but Windows offers a superior experience at this point (but doesn't come close to Linux, of course).
>>
>>64714058
you don't need antivirus with wangdongs retard.

antivirus is a fucking massive joke that's at best an addon tool for policy enforcement.

it pretty much does not work at all.

and, yes, windows is at least competently designed to not allow some retard to get root by typing the root password entry wrong twice.
>>
>>64701955
Why does nobody ever use cloud office services? Why the fuck do you people feel the need to go through a bloated installer that sprays your system with files when you can do all of that in a browser??
>>
>>64701955
What resource monitor is that on menu bar?
>>
>>64701729
>66 packages
Surely they jest ...
>>
>>64723108
>and, yes, windows is at least competently designed to not allow some retard to get root by typing the root password entry wrong twice.
yeah instead I'll just pop in an ophcrack disk and compromise every account on the system
or just install a keylogger/social engineer everything because most windows users including yourself are drooling retards
>>
>>64701729
it has a fucking bash terminal
what more do you want you fag
>>
>>64701729

Pages opens Doc files, it's free with every Mac.

Quicktime doesn't open mkv files, but it does support h265 mp4s. Just download VLC like everybody else does.

FLAC is an archive format. Playing them back on computer speakers is flat out retarded.

>not even counting hackintosh's own problems like audio, video drivers and booting in the first place.

Oh, so you build a hackintosh and are complaining about the problems you're having?
Go fuck yourself, actually buy a Mac and then get back to me.
>>
>>64702364
>Does the W10 player even support HEVC?

Nope.
Windows 10 doesn't even support HEIF or camera RAW files, it's fucking awful.
>>
>>64706961
>Office on mac is a joke and lacks even basic shit like pivot tables for Excel.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/01/office-for-mac-finally-has-real-time-collaboration-in-16-9-0-update/

>>Office for Mac now shares a codebase with Windows
>>
>>64701729
Who cares about ntfs?
MS Office.
VLC.
You don't have to use all features.
No customization? I binded certain keys that runs a script to backup files to the cloud. I don't think you can do it without 3rd apps even in windows.
The problem is usually not with the OS, but with Hackintosh. But it does have somewhat disappointing issues even Apple hardware.

I personally enjoy great UI and font rendering on retina screens, as well as terminal built right into OS, better battery life than if I run alternatives, and support for software that Linux lacks.

>>64701796
1080 on 27'? It's horrendous on 24' 1080p. You can test it out on VMWare hackintosh.
>>
>>64723173
because they lack features and fuck format up
>>64724115
HWMonitor
>>
File: 1517680093095.gif (2 MB, 245x207)
2 MB
2 MB GIF
>yet another thread full of people pretending to be employed hardworking members of society
>>
>>64701729
god italians are so fucking stupid
>>
>>64726474
>Yet another thread of someone getting BTFO and posting about Apple and then getting mad when actually employed people tell him hes retarded.
Get back to posting in shitty phone threads.
>>
>>64727590
calm down buddy, that butthurt isn't doing anyone any good.
>>
>>64707026
APFS is the modern and default alternative
>>
File: 1507358213551[1].png (52 KB, 442x500)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
>>64708520
>>
>>64707397
>"Mac doesn't support .doc"
>"Actually Anon, Pages supports .doc"
>Uh oh, better just insult him, rather than admit I'm retarded
Good game
>>
>>64701729
>Me
>Use OS X
>Was doing important stuff on VM (compiling shit, CPU is 100%, memory is 200 mb, not even using swap)
>Opened 4chan (because I did it on GNU/Linux on weaker hardware without any problems)
>Fucking kernel panic
Say whatever you want, but OS X is less stable than fucking Pejeet 10, or GNU/Linux.

>Muh, OS X kernel is superior
It is superior in the same way, as NT, in BSODs.
>>
>>64728768
It fucking happened again, what the fuck is wrong with this fucking shit?
>>
>>64729286
>mac
Found your problem.
>>
>>64729315
I know, but how it is even possible to make that shitty OS?
Even Windows would allow me to do it. Even fucking free GNU/Linux doesn't crash on me.
>>
File: 1512613884452.png (45 KB, 476x294)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
>>64729331
>but how it is even possible to make that shitty OS?
applel
>>
>>64728768
>uses shitty vm software
>blames the OS
okay.
>>
File: 1516757621290.jpg (274 KB, 1000x710)
274 KB
274 KB JPG
>>64729518
>uses shitty OS
>blames the vm software
okay.
>>
File: 1516483151047.jpg (360 KB, 1280x1280)
360 KB
360 KB JPG
You don't have to pay to get NTFS read/write functionality on macOS, there are plenty alternatives that are free and work well (paragon for instance works fine).
Fake news. Apple provides a free app that you can use to read .doc files it's called pages. And there's even the entire office suite for macOS.
Just like windows 10 lmao btw are you implying anyone here even uses default players? LMAO kys kid everyone here uses either mpv, VLC or mpc hc.
just convert it to apple lossless format with mediahuman (a free app btw)
which you can remove and at least they are useful and work well
Not only you misspelled customization you also don't even know what you're talking about. macOS HAS customization (ubar, themeEngine, flavours 2, bettertouchtool, and the list goes on).

Next time you make a thread at least do some research retard.
>>
>>64729573
>t. mactoddler
>>
>>64729581
>he doesn't even know how to greenpost
Get away from my board kid.
>>
File: 1515031770375.gif (3.67 MB, 700x298)
3.67 MB
3.67 MB GIF
>>64729596
>my board
>t. mactoddler
>>

That’s just not true
>>
>>64729573
>just convert it to apple lossless format with mediahuman (a free app btw)
But I'll lose quality
>>
>>64707080
That's funny unlike like Linux macos is officially considered Unix compatible.
>>
File: 1514268706347.png (171 KB, 1245x852)
171 KB
171 KB PNG
>>64729904
>>
File: 59snq8ie.jpg (10 KB, 229x220)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>64701955
>>64701729

should i buy a 2012 macbook pro for 300$ or a laptop with equivalent price?
>>
File: 1511508439072.jpg (405 KB, 1750x960)
405 KB
405 KB JPG
>>64729962
>or a laptop with equivalent price?
That would probably run 10x faster than the macbook.
>>
>>64709573
>Filesystem isn't case sensitive

Sure it is, you dumbass. When formatting you can choose between case senstive and non case sensitive.

And seriously when I see how many Windows people struggle with case sensitive file systems when using things like Recalbox it's way better that the default for macOS is non case sensitive.
>>
>>64729962
Don't ask me I'm running a hackintosh on my laptop
>>
File: bigballer.jpg (62 KB, 803x394)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD AN iMAC YOU ARE NOT A BIG BALLER!!!
>>
>>64707103
>I work for a forex trading company, trying to run any of the financial modelling spreadsheets we used on my macbook pro will quickly show you how shit office on mac is
NEET from /biz/ is your profession you say
>>
>>64729691
Nice counter argument faggot.
>>64729848
You won't? lmao ALAC is apple's lossless format.
It's a lossless transcoding between two lossless file formats.
>>
>>64701729
One would think there would be bashing of half retarded finder (still werks unlike on winshit) and other OS X gimmicks but instead you went on about shit that doesn’t matter as any sane person would just download fitting programs for that shit. No flac support is silly, but first who the fuck uses itunes and second it makes sense as not shooting yourself in the foot since alac is more efficient that matters for phone power consumption but they still could have made a simple build in converter. At least preview is useful since adobe is horribly unoptimised for gay os but holy shit it’s unbearable in nearly every other way.
>>
>>64731111
Are you sure? I feel like when you transcode between formats quality can be lost
>>
Hey OP every single one of your problems, even the out of the box FLAC support, can be solved by using a proper OS like Fedora.
>>
>>64732187
>GNU+L
>proper OS
>>
>>64729369
>>64729529
>>64729581
>>64729691
>>64729993
>>64730280
O B S E S S E D
>>
>>64732360
O B S E S S E D
>>
>takes half an hour to remove shit from the dock
maybe you're the toddler
>>
>>64729518
VM had no issues on Windows not GNU/Linux. Same hardware.
iToddlers will always defend this shit.
Windows had problems with shitty drivers, that caused BSODs, and updates. In GNU/Linux kernel is panicking when something is really fucked up, like memory, CPU, or HDD.
>>
>>64701729
>macOS is a fucking toddler OS
>>
>>64734783
>>64734861
>>64735850
O B S E S S E D
>>
>>64735899
O B S E S S E D
>>
>>64735911
O B S E S S E D
>>
File: op.jpg (81 KB, 645x729)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>ntfs support
NTFS is shit, don't use it. But if you do, there are free apps that support it, and remember to neck yourself for insisting that you need support for a garbage filesystem.
>.doc readers
There are many apps for this.
>mkv/h265/HEVC support
Use IINA, moron.
>flac support
Do you have some weird aversion to downloading apps or something? The native ones work fine for most people but if you don't like them just download another, dumbass.
Drag them off you fucking retard. There's also a lot of useless shit in Windows and most Linux distros but you can get rid of it.
Not true, but I wouldn't expect someone as incredibly retarded as you to know how to Google and figure it out yourself.

Clearly you expect the OS to do everything for you, so you won't put in even a modicum of effort into using it, instead choosing to whine on the internet.
>>
>>64735925
O B S E S S E D
>>
>>64737424
O B S E S S E D
>>
>>64702135
>What's in it for them?
This is the absolute most infuriating thing about Apple: the vendor lock-in. Apple doesn't give a shit about interoperability or standards because it makes more financial sense to force the user into only buying their products. The Apple ecosystem works great until (heaven forbid) you try and use a non-Apple product.
>>
>>64725372
>FLAC is an archive format. Playing them back on computer speakers is flat out retarded.
I don't see the logic here. So you mean to say that if I have FLAC files, I should re-encode them before I play them? I can see how that might make sense for a portable player, but if I already have them on my computer, then why shouldn't I play them?
>>
File: 1473271555258.jpg (9 KB, 313x235)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>64701729
Why do 90% of anti-mactard troll threads always read like they were written by little ducks who clam up when they see something even slightly different from Windows (or their Windows clone GNU/Linux environment) and totally forget what a computer is or does?
>I can't delete an icon!
>I can't install a driver or application!
>I can't use basic window controls!
>I can't use a pointing device!
>I can't figure out how to use proprietary/non-native file formats on a different operating system!
>I can't read a manual or search the internet for solutions to problems I'm having!
>I purchased a turing-complete computer system expecting to use it as an all-in-one appliance!
>Those Mac-using TODDLERS sure must be feeling dumb right now!
I mean, is this really the kind of shit that passes for master baiting these days? If these guys didn't use such an aggressive tone in their posts or instead made a similar post about Windows or GNU/Linux they would be righteously mocked as some kind of cave-dwelling luddite or special ed student.
>>
>>64737577
He is assuming OP has crappy computer speakers. Don't worry you can safely ignore him and all others who recommend VLC over IINA or MPV.
>>
macOS has full NTFS read and write support. You're just a brainlet for not enabling it.
>>
>>64734861
>it runs fine on windows
that's not how software works. it can run fine on some operating systems, but the devs could have put less effort in getting it run stable on other platforms.
>>
>>64737693
Without 3rd party software?
>>
>>64738238
Yes. Open terminal, write a few lines and presto.
Again, Google will help anyone with a brain.
>>
>>64738243
surefire way to corrupt your files
>>
>>64738568
not
>>
>>64701729
brokenstones or just buy software like an adult
not having microsoft office/floss alternatives
not having iina, literally the greatest video player in the world, a front-end of mpv
again, not using any of the great music players for mack
people with iphones like to facetime, its essentially video calling anyone's iphone without your phone.
Memos and Notes are useful for some people to write things down, it integrates well with the mac ecosystem
See above, mac ecosystem is important. Can be configured to a reasonable extent

Mac has loads of supported software and will offer a more polished experience than installing whatever distro you choose. Enterprise typically doesn't have time to care over such issues
>>
>>64738657
>iina, literally the greatest video player in the world
mpv is better but builds on macos are kind of bad
>>
>>64701729
who uses the fucking native player in any OS, jesus fucking christ
you mean iTunes? why would you listen to Flac in iTunes? are you retarded? High Sierra also supports Flac playback in quicklook
you can get rid of those, you know?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.