[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1526332028043.jpg (173 KB, 1280x720)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
http://www.gsmarena.com
http://www.phonearena.com
http://www.kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
http://willmyphonework.net
http://frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
http://www.gizchina.com
http://www.gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones
https://pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX (embed) (embed)

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>Recent news
https://www.phonearena.com/news
>>
Kiwis suck big dicks
>>
>>65954275
>sony
The og xbox was their only worthy product
>>
>>65951839
I bought the Note 4 64GB 4GB Ram one.

>>65951874
I mean SIM unlock.
>>
>>65954275
My biggest regret is buying the compact. It's garbage, slow, and more expensive. Size is the only positive.
>>
>>65954275
Is iPhone SE still the only decent compact amartphone?
>>
>>65954412
Yeah. Don’t fall for retards telling you the se2 will drop next week. Nobody knows and they probably watched some retarded appleshit youtuber with fake news.

Anyway the se is 2 years old now but still runs the latest so decently. I’d recommend you to wait or just go to android if you want something newer
>>
>>65954428
Recommend me an Android phone that is the same size of an SE (or similar) that doesn't suck.
>>
>Want phone with SD card slot and headphone jack in America
>Samsung phones have stupid shit like touchwiz and bixby
>No faith that LG has gotten it together with their bootlooping nonsense
>HTC and Motorola offer absolutely no support
>Nokia doesn't even sell phones in this hemisphere
>Chinkshit companies are DoA or full of chinese spyware, or both

Why is buying a phone such a fucking chore nowadays? Anything upcoming to look forward to or am i just too picky a consumer? I just want something like the HTC 10 that isn't going to shit on me like my old one. Is the Sony Xperia XZ1 any good? I don't care about the X2 because it doesn't have a headphone jack
>>
>>65954439
Google it dude.

You expect us to go and tell you all the phones you can get?
>>
>>65954453
I have but it's good to get a real persons opinion and not some pajeet or a paid shill youtuber.
>>
>>65954478
/g/ is all pajeets
>>
S8 LITE S8 LITE S8 LITE S8 LITE S8 LITE S8 LITE
FINALLY US POORFAGS WILL HAVE AN AESTHETIC PHONE
>>
do you people unironically use chink shit tier phones with the stock images?
>>
>>65954329
Elaborate.
>>
>>65954635
yes
>>
>>65954275
is there a good non pajeet site to buy a replacement battery for my xperia x compact. use to have god like battery now its taking a shit
>>
how's the camera on the redmi note 5? trying to decide between that and huawei mate se
>>
bemp for answers
>>65941392
>>65941415
>>65941666
>>
optus is having a sale and its far past time to replace my ancient phone
j2 pro or j5 pro? will the 28nm vs 14nm prolong the battery all that much or is lithography a meme?
>>
Should I buy an iPhone 7plus 128gb for $400? Will it last me a long time or should I wait? I'm using a galaxy s4 and don't use my phone for games or anything, just GPS and video calls and Web browsing/banking and payments
>>
No 3.5mm
No buy
>>
So are you going to buy the nintendo phone?
>>
>>65955653
???
>>
Xz1 or xz2 compact?
>>
File: icecat.png (177 KB, 650x650)
177 KB
177 KB PNG
Is Icecat for Android worth using over Waterfox or Fennec F-Droid?
>>
pixel 3 when
>>
I want to get either the Nokia 6.1 (4 GB Ram/64 GB Storage) or the Moto G6 Plus. PhoneArena is telling me they came out in April but I can't find a place to buy either of them. How long does it usually take for this stuff to hit the market? My phone's home button is chipped and it's irreparable.

Follow-up question: Where do you guys go to recycle phones like this?
>>
Going to the Xiaomi store today lads
>>
Anyone in the US mind sharing how bad the LTE issues with xiaomi phones actually are? I'm tempted to pick up a rednote or mi a1, but i may end up going with a moto 5g plus instead if LTE is going to be a huge issue.
>>
>>65956310
You just don't get LTE at all. You're stuck on 3G and some carriers are already phasing that out.
>>
>>65954441
LG g5 is bootloop-free
>>
Best phone that can stream youtube for 8 hours a day and not need a recharge?
>>
>>65956157
October
>>
>>65956345
Some chinkphone with a low power chipset and a fuck hueg battery
>>
>>65956069
All of them suck, you should be using Lightning as your daily with Klar as a companion
>>
>>65956345
Probably mi max 2 or redmi note 4
>>
>>65956318
>some carriers are already phasing that out.
In like 2 years. 2g will be gone before 3g.
>>
Xiaomi.eu ROM vs miui.com ROM
>>
>>65954441
>Samsung phones have stupid shit like touchwiz and bixby
Their devices are also developer friendly, even if without faults (notch, edge gimmicks, mediocre battery life, price, etc.).
>Chinkshit companies are DoA or full of chinese spyware, or both
Are you serious?
https://www.androidcentral.com/xiaomi-beating-samsung-its-own-game?amp
https://www.forbes.com/sites/pamelaambler/2018/01/01/2018-will-be-xiaomis-coming-of-age-year-with-the-tech-worlds-biggest-ever-ipo/amp/
http://m.scmp.com/business/companies/article/2142130/rise-xiaomi-inside-humble-chinese-start-poised-become-years?amp=1
Some of their devices and other Chinese manufacturers are infamous for their custom ROM support.
>>
>>65956334
>LG g5 is bootloop-free
Except it was one of the devices included in the class action lawsuit against LG, which was compelled into arbitration.
https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2018/02/lg-extends-warranty-to-30-months-for-those-affected-by-bootloop-issue/
https://www.girardgibbs.com/lg-g4-bootloop-class-action-lawsuit/
https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g5/help/bootloop-lg-g5-t3621493
>>
>>65954744
https://youtu.be/E9t0N9PAlsw
>>
>>65956345
moto e4 plus, asus zenfone 4 max
>>
Is xz premium a meme? Is there a huge difference in performance with xz1? Thinking of getting either of those. Worse comes to worst, I'll get the oneplus 5t even if it has the amoled burn in meme.
>>
>>65954412
Sony Compact XZ1 is the only other good phone.
>>
>>65954516
>A chance to improve on the S8 design and make it affordable
>Still puts fingerprint reader in a stupid place

I don't trust this phone.
>>
>>65956644
thanks lad
>>
So the Oreo update for the A5 2017 came out but I'm not receiving it. My A5 has no carrier so how would I go about getting it?
>>
File: download.jpg (5 KB, 194x259)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
I got a OnePlus 5 64gb for £125 but the rear camera isn't working. Should I send it to the repair centre or repair it myself? How much could I resell it for after?
>>
Anons, I want a new phone. Under $500, stable (at least 2-years), good camera and a fucking audio jack.

Is Samsung S7 my best option?
>>
Old phone appreciation post

My father still uses a Nokia 925, which is close to 5 years old at this point. The power button works only a quarter of the time but you can unlock the screen just by double tapping so still perfectly usable.

What are some old phones people still use? A friend of mine still uses an iPhone 4S.

Post your reliable phone brands /g/
>>
>>65957563
If you're lucky maybe a Oneplus 5t
>>
>>65957578
Galaxy S2 here, still using the original battery
gets 4 hours of web browsing but the passive drain is atrocious lasts all day in my pocket with the screen off ends up at 30%ish
they should release remasters of old good phones just with newer batteries and chips but the same body, seriously fuck these 5"+ behemoth phablets
>>
>>65958175
I still have my s2 aswell, not using it though, are there any good custom roms for this device? I would like to play around with it.
>>
>>65957578
my lg optimus l3 still works, can't browse internet on it though, good enough for emergency calls
>>
>>65957016
Bump
>>
My XZ1 Compact from Amazon just came in and there is no seal on the box, just a piece of clear tape. To anyone who also buys Sony, did you box have a seal? Do I return this as it is, or do I open the box and keep checking for signs of use?
>>
Nexus 5x started bootlooping. Just ordered an iPhone 6s Plus. Never really used iOS though. I feel like I goofed.
>>
>>65959550
>I feel like I goofed
You are not wrong. Enjoy your "new" throttled device. The 11.3 update supposedly lets users disable it.
https://www.zdnet.com/google-amp/article/iphone-throttling-new-class-action-takes-total-to-60-but-how-many-will-apple-face/
>>
>>65959550
Goofed by getting a plus model.
iPhones are reliable and will last you a long time but you can't really do any modifications or anything. There's no Lineage iOS equivalent.
>>
>>65959601
I'm enjoying the stability. My old phone no longer randomly shuts off. What do you do on your phone that you need peak performance all the time, render video? It's a cell phone.
>>
>>65959607
Yeah I was a major tinkerer with my 5x. When It bootlooped I was running Lineage with the ElementalX kernel and was using Nova Launcher, Substratum themes, etc...

I got tired of it, and it drove me to want an iPhone. I want something that actively discourages tinkering. Need less headaches in my life.

Also, what's wrong with the plus model? It has better specs and I wanted a bigger screen.
>>
Got an otterbox defender case for my phone today, didn't realize quite how bulky it was.

My previous case was a good 30-40% thinner, but it cracked after dropping it twice, so I figured I should probably replace it since the rigid plastic outer portion had a very noticeable crack.

Is there anything that comes close to otterbox performance without being as large?

Looking for a Note8 case.
>>
>>65957016
Bump 2
>>
Can you recommend anything better than Redmi 4x in the same price range with 5" display?

I just need decent battery and camera.

Also need it as soon as possible so ordering some unknown smartphone from China is out of the question.
>>
>>65960058
Used Xperia X or X Compact
>>
>>65960058
used oneplus 5t
>>
>>65960193
>>65960222
I will check them right now, thanks, but is there anything not used?
>>
What's the cheapest treble phone(non-chink)?

Just need something to install Lineage on day1.
>>
>>65960259
Moto G6 / 6+.
>>
>>65955377
How are you getting it for only $400?
>>
>>65959624
Peak performance? You can't be serious with these mental gymnastics. You've overpaid for something which clearly doesn't have peak performance and could easily be throttled.
>>65958124
>>
>>65955350
It actually makes a big difference in terms of efficiency, I wouldn't buy anything 28nm in 2018.

>>65955773
XZ2C if you care about the camera, XZ1C if you don't, and rather save a few hundred bucks (or if you want a headphone jack)

>>65956174
What country?

>>65956318
>you don't get LTE at all
That's wrong, certain Xiaomi models do get LTE in the US. The Global versions of Redmi phones and Mi A1 have 1 or 2 4G bands for AT&T and T-Mobile so you can get LTE coverage *depending* on where you live. Then you have Mi Mix 2/2S that have almost every band there is and will have no problem with coverage.

>>65957563
You should easily be able to get OG Google Pixel XL for $500

>>65959607
The regular 6S gets shit tier battery life. Me and my gf were playing Pokémon Go on our phones (I know, >pokemon go in 2018) and by the time her 6S was at 30%, my XZ1C was still at 85%. The Plus version gets way better battery life. Same story with 7/8 vs 7+/8+.
>>
>>65960301
That's almost twice the price of 4x.
>>
>>65960444
You wanted better than the 4x and new, that's your options pretty much, unless you want more chink garbage.
>>
>>65960451
I also mentioned similar price. But thanks anyway.
>>
what do you guys think about the p20
>>
>>65960487
Yeah, it doesn't exist, which is why they recommended stuff more expensive.

You likely wont find a OP5t in your price range either, even used.
>>
>>65960499
I guess I will take Redmi 4x in that case.

>You likely wont find a OP5t in your price range either, even used.
That's correct.
>>
>>65959657
>I got tired of it, and it drove me to want an iPhone. I want something that actively discourages tinkering. Need less headaches in my life.
At least you've acknowledged that you'll be indulging in consumerism, congratulations.
>>
>>65959657
Are you me? I upgraded from a Note 4 to an iPhone 8 Plus. I basically killed my Note 4 after years of custom roms, Xposed, and custom kernels. The motherboard eventually died, a hardware fault exasperated by my heavy use. I eventually couldn't even boot.

iOS is a little boring but stable and just works. One less complexity in my life.
>>
>>65954275
Here's some advice. Don't buy crApple shit, you will regret it.
>>
>Get iPhone X
>Can literally permanently pirate any app I want thanks to Chinese mans
>People still complain about no jailbreak
>They still fall for the tutu meme and pay for pirate shops

I remember when jailbreak was really useful and not just aesthetic tweaks
>>
hey dudes, what you know about silicon screen protectors? cos someone told me about how they protect your screen better than glass protectors because they sort of "deflect" the hits from falling and stuff?

Is there some merit to them or was the guy a total shill?
>>
How bad is the burn in on op5t?
>>
>>65961191
>I basically killed my Note 4 after years of custom roms, Xposed, and custom kernels. The motherboard eventually died, a hardware fault exasperated by my heavy use. I eventually couldn't even boot.
https://www.pocketables.com/2011/11/how-to-recover-your-bricked-rooted-htc-evo-4g-or-3d.html/amp
These aren't the days of HTC Evo, where some motherboards have been known to bootloop even when the procedures of flashing anything were correct. You clearly don't know what you're talking about and I can only hope you people are getting paid for this.
>>
>>65961378
I know flashing itself didn't kill it. I'm referring to the eMMC issue on Note 4. Some models have a defective one which would gradually slow and eventually stop working entirely.

It would have died eventually, but there are tons of anecdotal reports that OS updates or flashing new ROMs stress it and cause earlier demise.
>>
>>65961266
How do you pirate apps?
>>
Best official 8.1 ROM for Osprey?
>>
OnePlus 6 Reveal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpFcf7uBacI
>>
>>65961763
Chinese windows program; no revokes or anything
>>
So I'm watching reviews of stock photos vs gcam photos on the Mi A1 and the difference is fucking abysmal. What the actual fuck, how can the chinks be this incompetent? Also, can I put the Gcam on a Redmi Note 5 pro without root? Just like Mi A1.

Anyone around here has used the Gcam on their Mi A1? Any opinion?
>>
Speaking of Mi A1s, has anyone in the states bought one off Amazon or eBay that claim they have most of the T-Mo/AT&T LTE bands?
>>
File: _0.png (111 KB, 1057x499)
111 KB
111 KB PNG
Will you buy it?
>>
Is the One Plus 3T worth it over the 3?

Seems like it but I can't be too sure.

Why aren't Snapdragon 821 phones near $200 already?
>>
>>65962371
site is broke at the moment
>>
I have used my Samsung S7 since early August, 2016.

Are these readings OK or should I replace my battery soon?
>>
>>65954275
best phone for 200 usd?
no old shit pls
>>
DO NOT BUY THE ONEPLUS 6. IT HAS FAILED TO LIVE UP TO THE ONEPLUS NAME AND VALUES. VOTE WITH YOUR WALLETS.
>>
>>65957578
My mom still uses my old Blackberry Z10, also almost 5 years old. I have her email hooked up and she loves it. Dad uses a Q10 which is of similar vintage. I have a friend who still uses the iPhone 5 he bought new in 2012.

>>65958175
I feel like a Galaxy S2 would be more useful than either the Blackberry or the Nokia for the typical normie, given that there are probably a lot more apps that will run on Jellybean than there are for WP or BB10.

>>65960412
>The regular 6S gets shit tier battery life
Any small iPhone gets shit battery life, except maybe the SE. I bought an iPhone 8 to replace my Nexus 5X (RIP bootloop). While I appreciate the smoothness and the stability, and while the standby battery life is extremely impressive, I can't actually USE the damn thing without watching the battery charge indicator drop like a rock in a pond. My friend, who has the 8 Plus, doesn't have this problem, but I find that phone offensively large. I wish Apple made these things a little thicker. Would have allowed for a larger battery and no camera bump, win-win.
>>
>>65962720
Honor 7X / Huawei Mate SE
>>
Hey /spg/ can you recommend a phone I can use for VR and Daydream? The cheaper the better.
>>
>>65962874
Axon 7
>>
>>65962882
thanks ano
>>
OnePlus 6 aviable when?
>>
>>65962630
Should be replaced soon
>>
whats are some good used phones i can get for t-mobile that are around a hundred bucks or so
>>
>>65954343

I was thinking of maybe getting the XZ1 compact or XZ2 compact.
Are you saying they're both garbage? ;_;
>>
File: 3f4.jpg (38 KB, 680x634)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>65957016
Another Bump
>>
>>65956069
I use firefox nightly on android and it's pretty nice. It's got a built-in updater, and I just grabbed it once from the mozilla site.
>>
>>65957578
I was using a OnePlus One a year or two ago, but then it fell in the toilet and I switched to an old OnePlus 2 (and later OnePlus 3) my friend gave me after he upgraded to a newer OnePlus device.
>>
I need screen replacement with frame for my Redmi Note 4 Global. Anybody knows a reliable source?
>>
>>65963481
Some chink store on AliExpress
>>
>>65963507
A lot of them sell subpar shit though. I hoped somebody who already had to replace their screen would vouch for some shop or something like that.
>>
redmi note 4 owners, would you consider it a good replacement for the redmi note 3 pro?
>>
What are peoples thoughts on the new Nokia X6? It seems to have better specs than the 6.1 and even on par or better than the 7 plus, 95% screen, 19:9 and somehow costs less than 6.1 @ 200$ for base model. How is this real?
>>
>>65963642
Because it won't take off out of chinks mainland.
>>
>>65954275
OP6 or key2?
>>
>>65964009
op6
>>
>>65963978
Probably true. Why don't european folk like cheap shit.

feelssadman.jpg
>>
>>65964024
>notch
>rounded corners
ugh. why did sony not put a 3.5mm jack in the xz2.
>>
People are STILL crying about the OP6 notch? Do you still not get that you can deactivate it if you don't like it?
>>
>>65962371
>buying a notch
>>
whats the best way browse this subreddit from android devices?
>>
>>65954412
iPhone SE that is fucking bait. Please tell me your fucking baiting
>>
>>65963642
>notch

dropped
>>
>>65963642
>3060mAh
Average. You also have to pay for your device's bootloader to be unlocked.
>>
>>65963123
Depends on your needs and expectations. I have a xz1c and shit is the bees knees. Been using smartphones since 2010 so by this point I know what I want outta a phone and this nailed it. Size,battery life,SD card, and performance as well as a 3.5 jack. Funny how that is no longer a given anymore. Camera is meh and I don't mind, not biggest priority for me.
>>
>>65964165
Kill yourself pajeet
>>
File: 654654651.png (345 KB, 766x793)
345 KB
345 KB PNG
Lenovo Z5
Finally a true all screen smartphone
No chin, no notch
2tb of internal storage

Will be presented in China June 15
Is your body ready?
>>
>>65962630
>Battery Health
what exactly is that a measurement of?
>>
How many apps do you have installed?
>>
redmi 5 plus looks great, but the aspect ratio worries me
i dislike black bars around my content :(
>>
>>65964387
Excited as fuck to replace my Zuk Z2.
>>
>>65964419
Either the ratio of current full charge capacity to original full charge capacity, or some bullshit characteristic Samsung cooked up.
>>
Damn /g/
Inb4 it's newer but head to head, apart from the SoC, a 450€ S7 seems to be a better option than the OP6, which doesn't even have IP certification
Altough here in Yurop it's the Exynos version, I'm pretty torn up
Any help?
>>
File: 1478427003193.jpg (65 KB, 680x499)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>65963642
>notch
>oneplus 6 has notch too
for what fucking purpose?
>>
File: phone options.png (901 KB, 1786x1434)
901 KB
901 KB PNG
Hi /spg/

I'm a britbong in need of a new phone, my Nexus 6p has pooped itself into a bricky bootloop that huawei are being slow/reluctant to fix and i'm keen for a change anyway.
I have small palms with long fingers, and the 6p felt slightly unweildy at times.

Options are in pic.
I really like the design of the Nokia XZ1 compact, but i'm not sure if the 720p res display will either bother me or I won't even mind it at all given the small size.

Camera isn't a huge deciding factor for me, so I'm assuming i'd prefer last year's Nokia 8 rather than the new 7 plus.

Internally I'd narrowed it down to XZ1c vs Nokia 8, but am being stupid and missing out on an excellent option from the others in the pic, like the XZ premium or a different brand?

thanks kind anons
>>
>>65964472 here
I meant S8
>>
Xiaomi Mi A1, Honor X7, Moto G6
which one is the best?
>>
I'm a phonelet, is it worth to install LineageOS on a smartphone not officially compatible?
>>
>>65964493
>>65964174

Why all the notch hate? It's not the most aesthetically pleasing, sure. But it utilizes that screen space for all the status bar shit, seems good to me. An option to black it out and an option to have videos to not play beyond the notch. So what's the problem?
>>
File: jail1.png (523 KB, 1163x900)
523 KB
523 KB PNG
>>65964514
oi m8, you got license for those sharp edges?
you gotta go to jai
>>
>>65964514
XZ premium has a glass back, so you're fucked with bad drop.
XZ1c has 720p display, it depends. But content nowadays produced on 1080p.
Nokia 8 have "no" notable features. So can't comment on it other its a solid aluminium phones.
>>
Xiaomi Mi A1 Gold or Black? Which color it's the patrician choice?
>>
>>65963642
This should have been the the Nokia 6
>Notch
Fuck off, I like it
>>
how do i get the old symbol keyboard back? i'm using the google keyboard
>>
>redmi note 4 sale ending in 11h and my current phone's power button barely works anymore but 122 eurobucks is still quite a lot of money
fuck me
>>
>>65962753
explain ?
>>
>>65964603
Gf and niggers likes golden phones.
>>
File: 1452251620690.png (1.05 MB, 1200x1000)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB PNG
>>65964554
Apple curves the screen to not have a chin and have the notch there. Android oem's just copies another of apples shitty ideas without going the full distance so you still got a chin. It's same thing as headphone jack.

I can understand putting a notch/removing headphone jack on some low/midrange device targeted towards 3rd world. People want apple but with lower cost. But why on earth would people wan't a bad iphone copy if they still gonna be paying flagship prices.
>>
>>65964554
This could apply for the iphone x, but all the android phone with notch already have a big bottom bezel where they can put the sensors and fron camera like the mi mix, there is no fucking need of a notch in this case, the only ´need´ is to look like the iphone x.
>>
>>65964537
MI a1
>>65964514
If you don't mind skins s8 is a good option too or else the nokia 8
>>65964545
Depends on the rom and phone, you know they list the things that aren't working
>>
>>65964751
I'm going to try the LineageOS on a Galaxy Gran Prime. I've saw there's a way to install on it, but I don't know the problems that I could have on installing it on a unofficial port.
>>
I want a new phone, been looking at the Moto G lineup.

Which one is the best?
G6 Play, G6, or G6 Plus?

I'm not at all a fan of the stupid dual camera lens nonsense, which makes me a little more interested in the G6 Play since it has a single lens camera with higher resolution but I don't know too much about it.
>>
>>65956345
lenovo p2 with lineage
>>
>>65964782
You can generally revert back to the stock rom
>>65964795
G6 plus
>>
>>65957006
>So the Oreo update for the A5 2017 came out but I'm not receiving it.
Lineage now has official support for the A5, why would you run shitty firmware?
>>
Which current phones are comparable to the Wileyfox Swift?
>>
>>65964795

G6 plus has the best camera and best processor a 600 series
G6 plus has the worst screen and a series 400 processor but has a huge battery and can last a long time
>>
>>65964844
*G6 plus has
*G6 play has
>>
>Smartisan Nut R1
>1TB of internal storage
that's nuts
>>
just bought the OP6

are you cucks actually complaining about the glass back, the notch and the lack of wireless charging??? rofl get a life, and yeah so what if it's 500$+, it's not like it was so much cheaper before
>>
>>65965076
It looks like a good phone to me desu finally they released a 256gb version
>>
>>65964670
>>
>>65965076
>i'll settle for shit and smile
You're the reason phones are shit these days.
>>
>>65959721
Spigen tough armor.
>>
>>65965118
You can buy last year flag ship if you want a one plus now of the old
>>65959721
Spigen rugged armour
>>
What's that? You want a phone with 1TB internal storage?
https://www.gsmarena.com/smartisan_r1_comes_with_1tb_of_internal_storage_and_quick_charge_4_charger-news-31094.php
>>
>>65965238
If it has a good 3.5mm jack i would
>>
>>65965142
>Spigen tough armor
that what i just replaced, as i said it cracked pretty bad when i dropped it.
>>
>>65964593
Thank you for the feedback anon, it has been
helpful!
>XZ1c has 720p display, it depends. But content nowadays produced on 1080p.

Since content is produced at 1080p, that would mean the 720p display would be almost permanently consistently underwhelming?

>>65964751
Thank you anon for the advice! I've used some samsung devices in the distant past and was really put off by the touchwizz interface. I take it they must have improved it by now.

I'm getting the impression
>>
>>65965406
getting the impression that nobody is really rooting for the Sony line and I'd be a fool not to choose Nokia 8 out of the choices in pic
>>
>>65964143
https://floens.github.io/Clover/#dev
>>
>tfw no affordable android phone with mute switch
>>
>>65964387
>2tb
heh?
>>
>>65956069
It's actually faster than Firefox in some cases.

>>65965238
>1300 USD
I'd rather use external storage. I never use over 30GB on my devices anyway.
>>
What the fuck, I was about to buy the p20 pro. The pictures looked amazing but the selfies are way too fake/soft and videos are so terribly laggy. What have you smoked, Huawei?
>>
File: 1492120140710.jpg (35 KB, 600x886)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>65966179
>the selfies
>>
File: Captu1re.png (70 KB, 921x342)
70 KB
70 KB PNG
Daily reminder to buy an case and a screen protector for you're new phone.
>>
Does a phone with 2 USB-C ports exist?
>>
>>65966218
lmfao who is that in your pic
>>
What are some good 5.5''~5.8'' new phones that because of the aspect ratio have the form factor of 5'' ones that /g/ recommends?
Besides the obvious galaxies, I guess. I held an s8 once and it felt really comfy though.

Apparently phone screens are going towards the 6-inch mark nowadays which is basically a 5.6'' 16:9 form factor which I'm not a fan of
>>
>>65966228
>not just getting an impact resistant phone
>>
>>65962371
If the screen was smaller
OnePlus should make a compact model
>>
>>65963642
It looks beautiful but I'm sad it won't leave China
>>
>>65964387
I thought he actually mentioned 4TB
>>
Pixel XL or Huawei Mate SE, open to other suggestions around $200 but I really like stock android
>>
>>65960412
>What country?
Burgerstan
>>
OP6 or Mi Mix 2S?
>>
>>65961325
anyone with an opinion on this?
>>
>>65966788
mix 2s
fuck nochlets
>>
>>65966228
i'm not gay
>>
Are screen protectors a meme?
>>
>>65963636
It is actually a downgrade. Get the note 5.
>>
>>65964823

>Lineage

come on guy either help him out with his question or don't but why give him shitty advice ?
>>
>>65966439
I don't drop my phone sweetie.
>>
>>65954744

deciding between the redmi note 5 and the mate se too. Anyone got any input on which one to choose?
>>
>>65957578
still using a first gen moto g with lte, its slow tho and ram management has always been shit so im replacing it for a xiaomeme next month. its also too small and im always reading stuff and its uncomfortable, idk why everyone on this thread praises small phones, used my mate's huawei p smart the other day and it was so comfy
>>
Mi A2 when?
>>
>>65964335
Maybe hes got the z5 compact with the 810 housefire chip
>>
The Honor 10 looks great
>>
>>65967656
Yes. Just be careful and clean it properly, not with your shirt.
>>
>>65967656
No. They do crack but better a $2 protector get scratched than the screen itself.
>>
>>65956875
Is the XZ2 Compact worth the upgrade? I don't care about the headphone jack, I don't use it. And the XZ1 looks better to my eyes, at least in pictures.
>>
>>65968235
>>65964335
>Camera is meh
Hmm, that could be a source of frustration. Maybe I'll just get a Pixel 2
>>
>>65968246
the xz2 series actually have good cameras now believe it or not

pixel 2 and xz2 are about equal terms, choose which is cheaper, your own preference
>>
So I'm totally new and retarded when it comes to smartphones, I got a Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, is it possible to customize app icons on smartphones? Would I need to root my phone to do that?
>>
>>65968289
Yes and no.
>>
>>65968301
How would I do that?
>>
>>65968304
Custom launcher and icon pack
>>
Hey guys my sony z5 i kicking the bucket because of water infiltration
I'm looking for a boxy shapped phone with a decent cam
Resilient to shocks and water (the z5 hold shocks alright but water ....)
Don't care about screen size but between 4"-5" would be perfect
Not above 1080p because i don't care
Need a jack
Bonus point if it got some metal backplate and color option (my current z5 is dark green and it looks great )
Budget is about 600 €
The xz2 would be ok but it's a bit expensive right now and no boxy enough for my taste
Any other idea ?
>>
>>65968316
xz1
>>
>>65968314
Do icon packs change them all at once or can I customize them individually?
>>
I need a new phone. Anybody have an LG G6 or V30? My choices are LG, Samshit, or Fapple. I'm using a Samsung S5 right now. I consider it to be end-of-line for the S series, but after being in the ocean, a hot tub, a bucket of bleach water, down a few flights of stairs, dropped a few hundred times, and just generally treated like shit, it has started to lag too hard to deal with.
>>
>>65965406
Yeah, especially if you're used to watching 1080p content. Tbf the only thing sony has an edge on all that option is only the size.
>>
>>65968357
Oh, and I'm stuck with T-Mobile. I hate them, but I can afford it.
>>
>>65968330
Alright this is pretty much it
I kinda feel dumb that i didn't see it earlier
Thanks
>>
>>65968340
both is possible
>>
>>65968357
LG booploops still.
>>
>>65968420
Thanks. I'm looking up launchers that allow customization, would NovaLauncher be a good one?
>>
>>65968479
its the defacto best custom launcher

yes
>>
What to avoid in snapdragon? 810 820?
Also which have at least quick charge 3.0 now
>>
>>65968429
Lame. Like a permanent loop? I can handle a loop or two if I don't have to deal with an S8 or S9. Apple can eat a dick, but those are my choices. What I really want is a phone as durable as the S5, but that doesn't exist anymore. I'm thinking the LG G6 or V30 would be an improvement with their nicer cameras and better placed buttons, even if I'll have to be way more careful with it.
>>
>>65968479
I've been using NovaLauncher for years. It's fuckin great.
>>
>>65968504
You do know samsung makes an active galaxy series?
>>
>>65968503
To avoid
>810
>All 4XX below 430
>All 2XX
QC 3.0 is in 430/35, 820/21, 650, 630, 636, 660, and 835
fucking 625 is stuck on QC 2.0 whether USB-C or not
>>
>>65968521
Yeah, they just make a phone case part of the frame. I'd rather just choose my own case. I'd also rather have the option to peel off a broken ballistic glass protector and slap a new one on. The actives have that built in, so if you add another layer, you get way less touch response. The screen on my S5 is perfect, despite breaking 3 protectors on it with accidental blunt force lol
>>
>>65968561
Thanks,guess I won't buy xiaomi a1 based on that.
>>
>>65968601
Doesn't it have a 600 series chip?
>>
>>65968601
The QC 2.0 is still good, I go from about 35% to 85% in about 35 minutes on my Blade V8 Pro, basically it's nothing to worry about
>>
>>65968613
I heard xiaomi cheaper out on license and didn't buy the loyalty to use quick charge...Unless I'm wrong
>>
Is it worth it to try and fix a broken s7 screen? It cracked because some asshole threw his bag on top of mine.
>>
>>65968719
I believe you are wrong, they cheaper out on the licenses for anerican lte bands but not on quick charge
>>
>>65968728
It's a tedious and difficult job to replace a screen yourself. You can check out vids of people doing it on youtube. Depending on the cost of the parts, it could be the same price to get it done at a phone repair shop.
>>
>>65966179
isnt there like a setting to turn down the beauty filter or something
>>
What's with all the discussion about the xz1 now? Is it just because of the OP or a different reason?
>>
File: 1517158286067.jpg (401 KB, 720x675)
401 KB
401 KB JPG
>>65954275
So why did Oreo remove the ability to lock the turning to horizontal mode? I'm using Lineage 15 with Oreo and it only lets you do auto-turn or Portrait mode.
>>
File: thefourchanfrogdude.jpg (27 KB, 600x600)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>65966413
I hope responds i would also like to know
>>
>>65964387
It has rounded edges so it's trash.
>>
>https://www.htcexodus.com/index.html
>'block chain' whatever that means
>decentralized
>security focused
>DApps

What do we think of this? HTC using your phone to mine? Will it actually be a secure and usable device?
>>
>>65966179
I love mine. I bought it for the color (twilight) and because I'm really satisfied with my previous Huawei phone (P8max going 3 years. It just won't fucking die). I don't give a shit about cameras.
>>
>>65968273
The XZ1 and XZ1 compact have good cameras, the issue is that it's not a dual-camera array so it doesn't have multiple apertures, optical zoom, or bokeh portrait feature. That's why they score an 82 on DXOMark and not a 90+. It's not like the images it produces are shit. They were also the first to do 960fps recording which is a fun gimmick.
>>
>>65969419
i thought it was sony's god awful software

xperia phones have always had top notch sensors, after all, sony is the major mobile sensor developer

Now with xz2 theyve fixed it and used some qualcomm trick and the pictures are on par with galaxy s9
>>
>>65969440
>i thought it was sony's god awful software
Nah. Don't get me wrong, the software is not perfect but before every giant smart phone went to dual camera configurations, Xperias were scoring near the top on DxOMark but now that the testing metrics have been updated to take advantage of the tricks only achievable with a dual camera setup, it's significantly lower.

I haven't specifically seen what improvements the XZ2 has over the XZ1
>>
>>65969395
It's just a way to pump and dump stocks
Blockchain and crypto is literally .com 2.0
Make your own "blockchain" and "cyptocurrency" and watch your stocks soar.
>>
>>65969517
dxomarks are generally bullshit

it doesnt help that they test phones on bipods and no one takes phone pictures with a bipod

thus the lack of ois hurts xperia pictures even

xperia photos werent generally as bad as most people made them out to be but the low light performance was hilariously bad

google pixel really started this "software" based imaging system and using one for a year really showed me how my previous z5/xz/z1's compared in photo performance. But I still got rid of it cause it was a retarded googlel phone trying to hard to be an iphone than runs android and got the xzp last year.
>>
>>65969579
How's the xzp, anon? Is the touch responsive?
>>
File: 800px-WernerGoldberg.jpg (166 KB, 800x1224)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
what's the absolute unequivocal best spartphone dac ever? like absolute best spartphone for mobile audio?
>>
>>65969641
idk its cool
touch is as repsonsive as whatever ive used before
xz2 premium was tempting but its got no jack and one of the worst xperia designs since the S so looks like im gonna be running this for a while
>>
>>65969665
https://www.mobilescout.com/android/news/n77607/5-best-smartphones-2016-music-lovers.html
Don't know why it says 2016 in the address when I'm on the page and it says May 2018
>>
>>65956483
>>
>>65969665
V series from LG. Has a built in quad dac. Current is v30s.
>>
>>65969779
G7 is gonna have the quad DAC as well
>>
File: IMG_0581.jpg (2.69 MB, 3072x2304)
2.69 MB
2.69 MB JPG
XZ1C here, got it a couple weeks ago.
It's very, very fast. 720p makes for great battery life and 3D performance, it's a solid portable emulator platform. Really loving the FRP body instead of meme glass, but I did get a case and SP for it anyway. I Installed the UK firmware to enable the fingerprint sensor as well. It has really amazing audio output. I really like the feature that analyzes what's plugged into the headphone jack and equalizes the audio to suit it.
>>
>>65969667
I'm having troubles deciding whether to go for the xzp or xz1. Not a fan of the xz2's design. I really need the touch to be responsive and no input lags since I mostly play idol games.
>>
>>65966415
Essential phone, Nokia Scirocco

>>65966756
The Nokia 6.1 is already out on Amazon, Walmart and some other sites, but only the 3gb/32gb version. The 4gb/64gb one won't come to the US. Moto G6 Plus won't be available in the US at all, only the regular Moto G6.

>>65967820
Redmi, easily

>>65969419
>>65969517
Do you have either phone, or are you just talking out of your ass?

I have a XZ1C and I can tell the you camera is clearly worse than what's on other flagships. Low light photos are especially bad but even daylight photos are *only* decent, when you zoom in you can see a lot of smear, especially stuff like trees.

And the DXO score isn't low because it's single lens, there's other phones with single camera scoring way higher.
>>
>>65970077
why redmi over the se? The battery looks really good on the redmi I suppose
>>
>>65970094
Which Redmi Note 5 are you looking at? The Indian version with a single rear camera (AKA Redmi 5 Plus), or the proper Redmi Note 5 with dual cameras and and SD636?

If the latter then I'd take it over the Mate SE for the better SoC and battery life. Can't really comment on the camera because all the comparisons comparing to Mate SE (AKA Honor 7X) are either then Indian Redmi Note 5 or Redmi Note 5 Pro, which have different cameras to the Chinese/Global Note 5. If you're in the US I'd check the band situation first, Note 5 isn't fully supported on any carrier.
>>
>>65970248
looking at the latter - band situation isn't too bad for where I live. Thanks for all the info mate, do you use a note?
>>
>>65970275
No, don't have either of the phones. Check out Techtablets on Youtube if you want good non-pajeet videos on the Redmi Note 5. He did a review and some camera comparison videos. The Chinese version he has is identical to the Global version, only difference is that the Global version has some extra 4G bands (B4 and B20 being the most important ones).
>>
>>65970331
awesome, thanks again
>>
Is there a way to fix a swollen battery?
>>
>>65970362
Yeah. It's swollen because there is pressure inside the battery, so you need to make a hole on the battery so it can let the pressure out.
>>
>>65970387
Ok, thanks
>>
>>65970387
I did what you told me, and now smells weird, is this normal? I fear that I might have prick my battery.
>>
>>65970476
pics? we can help diagnose
>>
>>65970476
Don't inhale it, it's poisonous
>>
>>65970567
So that means I fuck my battery?
>>
>>65960269

Bump. What's the cheapest non-chink treble phone right now?
>>
>>65970248
How familiar are you with the Redmi Note 5 line? I would like to know if the display on the Note 5 Pro is better.
>>
looking at buying a mid-range Xiaomi. wtf is the difference between the Mi A1, Mi Max 2, Redmi Note 4, Redmi Note 4X, and the Mi5X? they're all within my price/specs range. sorry I'm bad at this phone stuff, I'm still on an LG G3.
>>
>>65970935
I'd get a Redmi Note 5 instead
>>
>>65970577
Not for sure. Please post a picture and we might be able to see if it's salvageable.
>>
>>65962371
9 prices for 3 models? What? I wouldn’t buy it though.
>>
>>65971340
>what are currencies
>>
>>65971373
Oh shit I didn’t notice that damn. Thanks kek
>>
What should my next phone be? My requirements are:
>a nice camera
>supports SD card larger than 32GB
>cheap
That's literally it.
>>
>>65956824
xz premium is a great phone, with the one downside being a shocking camera. in good light it's great but in anything not daylight it is attrocious and Sony have no excuse because they're the ones making the damn cameras that go in all these phones. but it has a dedicated camera button, audio jack, microSD, reasonable battery and 4k screen is really fucking nice. don't buy sony for their cameras is all.
>>
File: 20180517_032404.jpg (1.67 MB, 3264x1840)
1.67 MB
1.67 MB JPG
>>65971294
>>
are there any decent iPad pro alternatives in android? I have a mi pad 2 it's hard to read PDFs comfortably and it's still stuck in android lollipop and 16 gigs
>>
>>65971516

Moto G6 Plus or Redmi Note 5 (snapdragon 636)
>>
>>65962371

When will the notch go away?
>>
>>65963642

>notch
>>
>>65971728
>Redmi Note 5 (snapdragon 636)
To avoid the confusion - the model name is Note 5 Pro.
>>
>>65962371
No. Fuck those prices and fuck them.
>>
I’ve had an iPhone se for the past 3 years and I’m getting sick of the mini screen. Don’t get me wrong, the user experience is great and there’s 0 lag.

But I’m looking for a new phone that’s not fucking expensive. Any suggestions ? I don’t mind going for chink shit if it’s good
>>
>>65971761
Wrong, you street shitter
>>
>>65971728
>>65971761
Thanks. I might go with the chinkphone, it's like 50% cheaper if my calculations are correct.
>>
>>65971516
Galaxy S7, can be usually found for ~$250-300 new, and will shit on any budget phone in terms of camera quality.
>>
>>65971801
Past 2 years*
>>
File: 1525832604913.png (815 KB, 540x833)
815 KB
815 KB PNG
>>65954275
What cheapo phone should i get for lineage os?
>>
Are there any recent smartphones without a front facing camera? I don't need that NSA bullshit on my phone, not a normie that makes selfies
>>
>>65971537
Looks fine to me
>>
>tfw weather is so hot phone won't fully charge
>>
>>65971537
hard to say if that prick punctured the battery.

you obviously should never "release pressure" by doing that, lol
>>
The Lenovo Z5 will have 4 TB memory, 98% screen-to-body ratio and the latest SD chipset.

How does it feel that a Chinese manufacturer is completely revolutionizing and demolishing Western """"""innovators""""""?
>>
>>65969779
>>65969787
And all the bootloops too I guess. I'd stay away from LG.
>>
>>65969860
Emulating console games on a touchscreen sucks tho, and using a bluetooth controller with it kinda defeats the purpose
>>
>>65971809
>Wrong, you street shitter
You didn't even link to a list which includes SoCs, how is anyone supposed to differentiate the models from your screenshot? This is your brain on /pol/.
https://gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_5_pro-8893.php
https://gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_5_(redmi_5_plus)-8959.php
>>
>>65971525
Camera doesn't matter much to me, just want a phone that would last me a few good years. Mostly use it for gayming, epub reading, browsing, etc. How long does the battery last with the 4k? Also, how long does it take to charge? Any input on the speakers?
>>
>>65972289
>How does it feel that a Chinese manufacturer is completely revolutionizing and demolishing Western """"""innovators""""""?
Fair. Their manufacturers are subsidized by the Chinese government. Even though outside of their economic growth their culture is despicable in every way, smartphone manufacturers for one are to be congratulated.
https://hbr.org/2008/06/subsidies-and-the-china-price
>>
>>65972372
whyred = SD636, vince SD625. Simple Google Earth would tell you which is which.

>Chinese Redmi Note 5:
http://www.mi.com/redminote5/specs/

>Global / RoW Redmi Note 5:
http://www.mi.com/id/redmi-note-5/specs/

>Indian Redmi Note 5 Pro:
http://www.mi.com/in/redmi-note-5-pro/specs/

Learn the difference, pajeet
>>
This image keeps popping without me clicking on clover, switching my screen orientation to boot. Anybody know what it is?
This pos phone's factory image has a bunch of malware preinstalled like sherlock and the trios shit, I'll have to flash a custom rom.
>>
>>65972484
*Google search
>>
When will I be able to get my hands on a G6 Plus?
>>
>>65972526
What country? If you're in the US you're only getting the regular Moto G6.
>>
>>65972484
>Learn the difference, pajeet
You can't stop profiling yourself as being underage, can you? I know the difference (although the others might not), it's just that your previous screenshot didn't show SoCs of each variant. It's good now.
>>
>>65972485
This is what an image opened via the normal way looks like, for comparison.
>>
File: 1459589634527.png (270 KB, 724x1104)
270 KB
270 KB PNG
What phone should I get anon? £300~400 range.
>>
>>65972538
Australia. I've been checking DWI and ebay to see when I can import from China, but I'm still not seeing anything.
>>
>>65972599
Nokia 7 Plus
>>
>>65972337
I'm pretty sure they've fixed it by now, or we'd have seen people post about it everywhere
>>
>>65972958
>I'm pretty sure they've fixed it by now
I'm afraid they haven't.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpSXRPSJY84
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gy_eGcngcI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJEmCxu0xhs
The only class action lawsuit against LG filed in the US has been compelled into arbitration, meaning only a small minority of users could ever benefit off of.
https://www.xda-developers.com/one-class-action-lawsuit-against-lgs-bootloop-issue-has-been-compelled-into-arbitration/
https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2018/02/lg-extends-warranty-to-30-months-for-those-affected-by-bootloop-issue/
Buying an LG device is nothing more than a gamble now.
>>
>>65966179
You can turn it off.
>>
>>65964419
Total average capacity and voltage regularity, compared to temperature.
>>
File: 1472936309656.jpg (251 KB, 970x651)
251 KB
251 KB JPG
>>65969860
I had a z2 since launch till I bought a xz1c. I was glad too they went away from the "premium feel" glass back. Shit was annoying to protect.

I have my xz1c in a case with tempered glass. Awesome little phone, 720p screen is not even a thought when using it and makes sense with the whole idea of the phone.

I got my xz1c when the xz2c was announced and reviewed. The no headphone jack was the dealbreaker. Maybe next iteration or two they will throw it back in. The Achilles heel to the xz1c is the camera due to software. Maybe it's fixable by updates? I don't know.
>>
Whats the most powerful phone i can get that isnt way too fucking big like the OP5 and still has a headphone jack? current phone is a 5s
>>
>>65973981
Xperia XZ1 and XZ1 Compact
>>
>>65968932
Someone is trying to sell them, obviously.
>>
I dislike 18:9 aspect ratios :(

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.