[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: basedwindowsposter.png (72 KB, 808x805)
72 KB
72 KB PNG
I'm currently on Windows 8.1 embedded and I'm thinking about "upgrading" to Windows 10 LTSB and I'm wondering if it's worth it. Seemingly Windows 8.1 and 10 have the same under the hood improvements, so is there any real difference in day to day use?
>>
No
>>
>>66339376

Just do it. I'm using LTSB, it's nice.

I don't think I can come up with a good reason right now but just do it.

It's an upgrade, at least.
>>
>>66339421
should I debloat the ISO even more with something like NTLite or is it not worth it?
>>
>>66339437

I did that shit the first time around. The whole MSMG thing too. Everything ends up breaking with every update and it becomes pretty ugly.

From my experience, I would just stick with LTSB, it's already really bare. If there is stuff to remove it's not worth the trouble at that point.
>>
>>66339476
okay. There's just some xbox related shit that comes with windows 10 ltsb, even though the actual application isn't bundled with it.
>>
>>66339533

I've never heard that of it or seen it on my build. I don't see any Xbox related processes or services. If it bothers you go for it and remove it but it doesn't seem like its running on my system at all so I don't really care.

Also, if it is tucked away on the LTSB build, chances are that it'll be added back next update if you remove it.

You sound pretty convinced but it seriously is the best windows experience I've had in a long time. I don't like the whole metro tiles in windows 8. Start menu is back on windows 10 and search is pretty good. Personally, Windows has really taken a turn for the worse recently. I helped my mom buy a laptop and holy is it cancer by defualt. Fucking candy crush installed by default on the computer. Try to uninstall it? it's back next restart. Some real cancer. LTSB is perfect, get all the next shit without any of the cancer.
>>
File: Untitled.png (145 KB, 1920x1080)
145 KB
145 KB PNG
>>66339640

I also really like my setup. I just hit the windows key and type a few letters anytime I want something. Pretty fast, I like the look a lot too.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.