[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1510865562557.jpg (6 KB, 190x190)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
This dude.
>started this week
>has put in multiple support tickets asking to have pale meme and f.lux installed on his working station
>put one in today asking for help configuring uMatrix
>sperges out hard when he saw me plugging in a vga cable while setting up his workstation
>brags about his plans for switching to gnu/linux when W7 support ends
>makes inane comments about the younger generation knowing nothing about tech, despite not being able to figure out how to run meme browsers without admin rights
>makes poorlt informed attempts at "debugging" in-house developed software
>works in the warehouse and is for removed from tech it bottles the mind the things he asked
>mumbled something about knowing some COBOL when I asked if he was interested in I.T. work

Which one of you faggots left the basement and left your neetbux behind. Memes are so tiresome in real life.
>>
File: index.jpg (5 KB, 276x183)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
The memes exsist for a reason dude, sorry you've got one of "those" people in your office.

We got one, but he was shit canned in a month. In that month though he fucked up so many support ticket despite being overqualified on paper for the job. I remember him taking much longer to work tickets then any other new guy because he brought in his meme 50% keyboard, so typing shit took way longer for him then even the girls we hired who had no fucking computer experience...
>>
>>66704808
could be me, but i dont pay enough attention to my actions to know
>>
Sounds more like /v/ if he was using flux and wangblows.
>>
File: images__3_~2.jpg (11 KB, 251x179)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>66704808
Sounds like a total bro. I'd love to make friends with this guy and talk about obscure internet browsers
>>
>>66704808
4chan related work thread?

>work in tech building that has an ewaste service
>old people bring me their junk to recycle but sometimes a decent laptop or something comes my way and I can rip HDD or Ram occasionally
>get one today and bring it home to wipe it but notice its full
>fuck it
>snoop around and its full of reaction images and folders for memes
>a single folder on the desktop titled "important stuff" with only 4 pictures of nudes of some fat girl
>/a/, /b/, /lit/, /tv/, /g/ and /hr/ folders
>4 different free antivirus programs and 2 different flavors of CCleaner

Fucking disgusting
>>
>>66704808
does he look like the lanky goggle-eyed freak in your picture
>>
>>66704808
You just can't handle that a tech savant has entered the fray. You're afraid you won't get a promotion for a while because this guy is going to get priority.
>>
>>66704843
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention he brought in a mech keyboard too.
>>66704899
He's a nice enough guy, but these are the people who create problems trying to fix problems they or other employees encounter on their own despite not having a clue what they're doing.
>>
>>66704928
should've torched it
>>
a girl I worked with today had f.lux installed
didn't realize that was the program that was causing a red tint on the screen.

thanks anon for closing that loop for me today.
>>
Sry it was me. Btw I peed in your coffee while you weren't looking
>>
>>66704937
Nah, he looks like that neckbeard from /tech/ that just got sentenced in Charlottesville.
>>66704958
You're probably right. Once he starts deploying rainmeter and deviantart wallpapers en masse, I'm screwed.
>>66705003
Check out Red Shift or Red Moom (android) if you want the same funftionality with free software.
>>
>>66704808
How do you run meme browsers without admin rights, by the way?
>>
>>66705084
You can run the executable for most browsers from local storage without actually installing them.
>>
>>66705084
running is not the same as installing
the browsers always run in userspace, in fact, each browser tab is a container inside userspace these days.
>>
>>66705155
>>66705141
Thanks. That's what I figured. But I was recently caught flat footed after taking my last job.

>be me, take new job as db admin.
>I'm admin inside terminal environment, have no actual rights on the computer itself.
>first day I start writing scripts and trying to install my favorite utility apps.
>double click the exe and nothing happens. huh, weird. I'll figure that out later.
>IT guys comes up to me.
>"What in the hell are you doing? I just got 7 notifications on <security software> that an unknown program tried to run on your machine! What's going on?"
>Oh. I'm so used to having god rights on the machine, I didn't stop think that I might not have them.
>>
>>66705050
kek
>>
>>66704843
>276x183
>goes onto a thai basket weaving imageboard
>posts thumbnails
KYS

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.