[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

why is there only 1 chinese program that can play these fucking things
>>
because the only people buying bluray discs are;
- people who apparently don't have a computer
- people who are ripping them to put on the internet
>>
Other programs can't play them?. What about Powerdvd, Windvd? Zoom player?.

I don't have a blu-ray drive but really did think multiple programs could play them back. There are many programs that actually advertise blu-ray disc playback.

>inb4 they MEANT unencrypted bluray playback
>>
>>66706511
>06511Other programs can't play them?. What ab

nevermind Zoom player, just checked it out and they say they only play unencrypted folders.

What about http://www.leawo.org/blu-ray-player/ though.
>>
>>66706511
they meant unencrypted bluray playback
>>
File: bluray.png (298 KB, 1479x740)
298 KB
298 KB PNG
>>66706518

the Leawo player http://www.leawo.org/blu-ray-player/ says it can play back discs
>>
>>66706517
>>66706530

yeah that's the one I was referencing in the OP, it's literally the only one that worked for all the disks I tested. It's also 10x slower than my ps4 (which is understandable, since bluray playback is a big feature).
Generally the impression I got from leawo is that it would be really nice if there was something else that actually worked and was less clunky.
>>
>>66706533

What about Powerdvd and Windvd?
>>
>>66706543
I tried the setup described here: https://vlc-bluray.whoknowsmy.name/ plus makemkv, and leawo
makemkv ripped all but 2 of the disks
leawo played them all back (with horrible clunkyness)
>>
>>66706567

No I'm saying though, why not install Powerdvd or Windvd and use it to playback bluray movies?.
>>
>>66706533
Is it botnet?
>>
>>66706582
>>66706578
from the specs on aacs I've read, they all 'phone home' in order to communicate their 'device keys'. So they're all a botnet, also why you probably won't want to use a cracked version of proprietary players. And i'm not going to buy one for 50 or 80 dollars.
>>
>>66706533
PS4 can't play BD's though.
>>
>>66706606

ok so seems like you really do know what's going on so you came here for LITERALLY the answer to the question you posted which was...

>why is there only 1 chinese program that can play these fucking things

I don't know how to answer this and just warning you dumb fucks on /g/ probably don't have the real answer to that question either. You probably want to email Sony CEO or something and it most likely has something to do with licensing issues.
>>
File: 1446049142649[1].jpg (46 KB, 630x405)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>66706644
>Hello sir is this ceo sony?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.