[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: IMG_20180913_054113.jpg (2.59 MB, 2272x4033)
2.59 MB
2.59 MB JPG
Cyberpunk thread for non-hacker plebs and hacker gods if they wish to grace us

Hope this is /g/ enough
>>
Thread music: https://youtu.be/fB8FtIpxfek
Thread gif: person standing outside in rain smoking lit by purple neon and buttons from panels
>>
File: IMG_20180904_220543.jpg (167 KB, 1280x720)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
*no posts* I am fail
i-is the stock market saiberpfunk?
>>
FAQ now at
ftp://50.31.112.231/pub/Alt_Cyberpunk_FAQ_V5_preview20.htm
>>
>>67600104
>*no posts* I am fail
These thread have fallen off quickly under the onslaught of multiple Terry Davis postings and half naked OP pics. It also doesn't help that the normal FTP site is down.

Anyone got a spare site with sub directory write permissions?

>i-is the stock market saiberpfunk?
Sure. Subterfuge, manipulations, espionage and highly dressed low life. What more can you ask for?

If you want the report from the trenches you should read the Macro Man blog, a real eye opener. The original writer is now writing full time for Bloomberg but the blog is still good.
>>
>>67600018
>That image
Is it a SIRDS?
>>
>>67600018
Don't worry OP, I will keep your thread alive!
If you are looking for a place to discuss cyberpunk and security, I have a server dedicated for that:

https://discord.gg/cun8BBs
>>
>>67600018
Cyberpunk isn't just about hacking, that's only a feature of it. Cyberpunk ultimately is about politics, rebelling against the Capitalist system.

None of you are cyberpunk unless you're some variant of radical leftist, hacker or otherwise. This is coming from a 'hacker god' for the record.
>>
File: MK.jpg (204 KB, 1920x1080)
204 KB
204 KB JPG
>>67601022
I'll start uploading many of the files form the old /cyb/ FTP site.
>>
>>67602410
>None of you are cyberpunk unless you're some variant of radical leftist
No, I like cyberpunk. I'd just side with the corps or work as a mercenary. I'd be getting paid to stick my kevlar non-slip boot up the asses of dirty hippies trying to steal copper wiring from the city's electrical infrastructure. Then I would go home every day to my tiny apartment and hang out with my hologram waifu.

Now get on the floor and don't move, lower level scum. You're under arrest.
>>
>>67603848
Upload is mostly complete. It is also a mess give that we cannot make sub directories there.
>>
File: cover.png (1.8 MB, 1400x1400)
1.8 MB
1.8 MB PNG
Just play pic related to completion.

It's more /g/ than /v/.
>>
>>67602410
>not being an anarchonihilist
Poser.
>>
>>67602410
Current day leftists fight FOR the system, they're the perfect useful idiots. Just take a look at Google
>>
File: indigo2-r4600sc-1903.jpg (1.21 MB, 2500x1660)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB JPG
Post more music, fags.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfrecIKuZrc
>>
>>67604236
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrVGAt1ptzw
>>
>>67604236
>more music
Here:
ftp://50.31.112.231/pub/Cyberpunk_Playlist_Preview4.htm
>>
What the fuck happened to the cyberpunk general
>>
>>67604330
Not sure but the last 2 or 3 generals were lost in the traffic generated by numerous Terry Davis threads and a couple of iPhone threads.

A few were started late at night, European time, which is typically when we have the least traffic. And that is also when the thread ends up past page 10.

Finally the OP Pic has perhaps been too low profile with the recent wave of bikini babe pictures.
>>
>>67604164
>google
>radical anti-capitalist leftists
yep, this checks out.
>>
>>67604090
>I'm a bootlicker
so cyberpunk!
>>
>>67604732
Ow, the edge!
>>
>>67604750
from the guy who literally just posted
>Now get on the floor and don't move, lower level scum. You're under arrest.
>>
>>67604720
Not him, but the intellectual left desires money but does not admit it. The billions just keep rolling in, somehow.
>>
>>67604761
Academia isn't exactly famous for it's salary anon. Unless by intellectual left you literally mean corporations.
>>
>>67604732
>i lick commie boots instead
>>
>>67604732
>>67604755
>cyberpunk is muh lefty safe space!
>I'm totally against the system, man!
>y-you're a boot licker!
I think r*ddit might be more your speed, cunt.
>>
why do leftists have to ruin everything? everytime theres a new shit that looks cool leftists have to get in and say its about fighting capital and ruin it

fuck your leftism you insectoid fascist
>>
>>67604810
what part specifically of expressing desire to be part of a futuristic dystopian police force isn't bootlicking and pro-establishment?

>>67604826
>he thinks cyberpunk having anti-capitalist roots is up for debate
You're the ones trying to change what it is, faggot.
>>
>>67604844
>he thinks cyberpunk having anti-capitalist roots is up for debate
>there isn't soviet cyberpunk

delete your computer retard
>>
>>67604860
>all anti-capitalism is soviet
W E W
>>
>>67604844
>what part specifically of expressing desire to be part of a futuristic dystopian police force isn't bootlicking and pro-establishment?

>live in a system where there is more than 1000 supranational structures and organizations dedicated to make the dream of a futuristic dystopian police force impossible

>the moral weakness of being part of a futuristic dystopian police force is repeated and amplified all over a global network of media

>everyone in every single step of power is against a dystopian police force

>kids are taught in the brainwashing facilities that the dystopian police force goes to hell

>but it isn't anty-system to reject all the conditioning and want to be part of one

its like you people live within state propaganda, i swear its so fucking retarded
>>
>>67604882
>soviet cyberpunk is against capital, not against politburo

stop please stop, this is the same reason why you ruined punk and hacking, you aren't mature enough to understand liberty, crime, anarchy, and why it has nothing to do with social revolution
>>
>>67604916
Soviet cyberpunk is it's own thing, original cyberpunk, what allows the former to exist in the first place, has anti-capitalist roots.
>>
File: 1535832650368.png (43 KB, 650x650)
43 KB
43 KB PNG
>>67604826
This.

>>67604844
You call it boot licking. I call it giving my support to a government that takes care of uppity retards like yourself.

>>67604882
Most anti-capitalist literature is written from a Marxist perspective, so he isn't that far off from the truth. Cyberpunk isn't simply capitalism. It's mercantilism. Privately owned companies are contracted to operate as an extension of certain parts of the state. So you get things like private armies, a million and one tech companies, etc. Every part of cyberpunk that you enjoy is created by these capitalists and their system you hate so much.

100 years from now when we finally get flying cars and shit, dolts like you will still be smashing their faces with Starbucks and McDicks while you "rebel against the system".
>>
>>67604938
cyberpunk is anarchist lad, is anti-state, not anti capitalist, in not a single cyberpunk movie or book has it ended all in social reform or revolution of the massess, it always end with the protagonist achieving economical independence from the overwhelming system
>>
>>67604977
>Most anti-capitalist literature is written from a Marxist perspective, so he isn't that far off from the truth.
It's equally retarded to think that all Marxism is soviet too. Next you'll tell me Marx was Stalin's brother or some shit.

>>67604990
Anarchism is either anti-capitalist or anarcho-capitalist. Do you honestly think cyberpunk is about the latter?
>>
>>67605010
>It's equally retarded to think that all Marxism is soviet too
The Soviet system was based on Marxism, you fucking idiot. Read the rest of my post and address the points I made if you pea brain can even process it all.
>>
>>67602410

What the fuck did you just fucking say about capitalism you fucking commie
>>
>>67605010
anarchism is another thing leftism has tried to ruin, theres no way anarchism can ever be anti-capitalist, anti-capitalism implies a strong state that avoids the concentration of the means of production under private hands, anarchism doesnt give a fuck about the control of the means of production it only cares about the existance or not of a state
>>
>>67605128
>who is bakunin
>who is kropotkin
>>
>>67605151
leftists ruining anarchism
>>
>>67605162
anarchism as a philosophy didn't even exist before them you utter utter retard
>>
>>67605168
here, read this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_anarchism

inform yourself a bit instead of just spewing crap
>>
File: oogaboogaaa.jpg (38 KB, 800x450)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>67605168
Anarchy is the natural state of things before man was able to establish a meaningful societal hierarchy through the use of tools which allow them to increase their own physical strength. You aren't an anarchist, faggot. You're just a little bitch who likes to ruin nice things. Anarchism, by its very nature, has no philosophy. It has no written or spoken language through which it can convey these higher ideas.

You want true anarchy? Go live in Africa.
>>
>>67604781
>Academia isn't exactly famous for it's salary anon.
I am painfully aware of that; I once was a post doc.

>Unless by intellectual left you literally mean corporations.
The intellectual left are typically academics but are not working in academia. Rather we are talking about artists, authors, journalists and the most hip, cool and trendy business leaders. The latter is easily found in California.
>>
File: 1525471984381.jpg (75 KB, 948x627)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
=== /cyb/ News:

We have spam, spew and fake news. Now it cold be combined:
>The world's most prolific writer is a Chinese algorithm
http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20180829-the-worlds-most-prolific-writer-is-a-chinese-algorithm
>Over the last few decades AIs have been taught to compose music, paint pictures and write (bad) poems. Now they’re writing advertising copy, 20,000 lines of it a second.
>As soon as you load a webpage, the page lets the internet's ad-brokers know who is visiting and a high-speed bidding war kicks off, typically involving around 100 advertisers, with the winners getting to show you their ads. The whole process is over in 100 milliseconds, faster than the blink of an eye.
>The three biggest ad networks – Adsense, Admob and DoubleClick – are run by Google. And there are few places on the internet that Google cannot track you. Its trackers operate on around 75% of the million most-popular websites. And if Google can’t see you, Facebook – which has trackers on 25% of those sites - probably can.
>This would effectively involve splicing together something like Alibaba’s copywriter with MediaGamma’s current user-analysis tech. Instead of using your online activity to decide which existing ad you should see, that information could soon be used to generate a bespoke ad on the fly. “We could have a banner ad specifically tailored to a person’s tastes,” says Wang.

It seems obvious to use this top pump out vast amounts of propaganda. Next up we will have automated 419 letters and CEO spearfishing,
>>
File: 1508375011918.jpg (80 KB, 398x289)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
t. Commies who think Anarchists don't hate them.
The only anarchists who tolerate such a cancer have already lost their revolution.
>>
>>67604732
>bootlicker
B-gone, commie scum. The only cyberpunk you'l experience is death squads.
>>
fuck off with these shitty threads made to promote your shitty arisuchan
>>
File: Cyberpunk2077_gape.webm (1.21 MB, 1600x900)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB WEBM
>>67606949
What did anon mean by this??
>>
File: 1536811385428.gif (2 MB, 359x372)
2 MB
2 MB GIF
>>67606949
t. Kalyx
Arisuchan is meh but the hostile takeover was cyberpunk as fuck and more was done in a day than the entirety of the old team's ownership.
>>
Jinteki is down, anyone heard what is up?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.