[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/g/ - Technology



Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.




File: 01001101001.jpg (150 KB, 1200x1082)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
/g/ i have a question to ask about the NPC meme, is it true that tech companies are extremely offended by it and want to get it banned from all platforms and is that why people are being banned across 4chan for using it?

If you are unaware of the meme the basic idea is a large majority of people do not have an inner monologue and those people are NPCs which for some reason triggers people to no fucking end.
>>
File: 1539264078659.png (48 KB, 1123x483)
48 KB
48 KB PNG
>>68021861
Example of what i am talking about
>>
>>68021861
It's just another braindead coping mechanism by exiled schizos and spergs.
Being called an NPC doesn't trigger me, but the idea some lowlife somewhere is so full of himself as to use it.
>>
Meh who cares. You should pay attention though as it's a good example of something innocuous as a testbed to see how good tech companies are at avoiding the streissand effect.
>>
>>68021882
So what you are saying is you don't have an inner monologue and having that pointed out triggers you?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNQyubd9ARc
Because it is a real thing and most people don't have it or rarely use it.
>>
>>68021899
checked
>>
>>68021904
I do have an inner monologue whenever I induce it.
>>
>>68021921
So can you explain how reading without it works?
we have been scratching our heads on that one over at /pol/ for a while now.
>>
>>68021861
This image says a lot more about you than it does about us
>>
>>68021861
Shill your shitty forced memes on pol
>>
>>68021940
>>68021956
Come on just tell us how the reading thing works, how do you read without reading the words in your head?
If i told you to close your eyes and picture every window in your house, could you do it?
>>
>>68021861
in church they taught me that only true christians have free will and thought. By being a christian, you are part of the governing force in gods army that controls the demon possessed majority. No human being has ever become the leader of any great company, without first consulting the great christ mechanism that controls our government and church.

I tried not to believe any of it.
>>
>>68021930
Okay let's say I'm reading a calculus book. I can scan the images, look at the formulas, then read the keywords. At this point, everything clicks. I have the page cached in my brain. I think about it with pictures and associations and hopefully, next morning it's all in my head.
If I'm reading algebra, I actually sit down and make a mental puzzle of all the theorems I read and basically form my own automaton based on it. If I see a maths problem, I associate the keywords and symbols on the list with whatever is in my brain until it clicks.
It works great. In high school I used to literally talk to myself like
"What's an integral.... inte-gral..... rieman.... hmmm... rieman sum? sum pussy nigga LOL! ughh riemann"
>>
>>68021930
>implying normies read

dude in middleschool and even highschool there were kids who would speak complete gibberish when told to read out loud and the teachers just let them do it. Eventually we just stopped having read out loud sessions because teachers realized all these people had just memorized the shapes of the words.
>>
>>68021861
>/pol/ meme
That's why people are mad. Twitter doesn't care if you did shit that would spook that cunts that glow in the dark. They just want nice quarterly reports and their users to stay silent.
>>
Imagine going to a job interview and they start talking about memes and how offensive memes are not allowed there.

This NPC meme is only a thing because of threads like this. It's not an important issue. Focus on real things like earning money and starting a family.
>>
>>68021861
More about the picture, it's not necc. about the people who do all those things, it's about the people who repeated those actions after seeing them on the internet.
>>
>>68021968
>in church they taught me that only true christians have free will and thought. By being a christian, you are part of the governing force in gods army that controls the demon possessed majority. No human being has ever become the leader of any great company, without first consulting the great christ mechanism that controls our government and church.
>I tried not to believe any of it.


What the hell kind of church were you going to? That doesn't sound anything like what they taught me in my Catholic catechism classes.
>>
>>68021993
That sounds like the usual evangelical shit
>>
>>68021861
If you truly believe nobody else thinks for themselves except you and your self-proclaimed based and redpilled community, you are more un-self-aware than anyone you are satirizing.
The meme upsets people because it strips humanity from people.
>>
>>68021976
what in the ever loving fuck that is insane
>>
File: MEOW.jpg (60 KB, 480x640)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>68021960
This is considered funny on /pol/
>>
>>68022000
It's the most secure and mathematically formal way to secure information.
Read up on Mind Palace and some automata theory.
>>
>>68021999
this. you also look like a fucking nerd if you can everything you don't like terms from your video games.
>>
>>68022009
I will thanks.
You blokes are always so enlightened, you're alright.
>>
>>68021861
more likely they're being banned because it's an unfunny forced meme and garbage belongs on /b/
>>
>>68021861
wow amazing another shitty wojak edit now made by /pol/
fuck off reddit
>>
>>68021999
I am pretty sure calling people an NPC is a little less dehumanizing than what the left does to us.
>>
>>68021882
Basically NPC is the new term for sheeple and bandwagoners. They believe something is good or bad because ((they)) tell them it is. We were always at war with Eurasia.
>>
>>68022036
/r9k/ made it.
We both know /pol/ just feeds on chaos and this meme brings it.
>>
>>68021921
>whenever I induce it.
How do you control it? I literally can't turn mine off. When I was younger(around age10-12) I would get frightened because I thought I had no control over my own thoughts and couldn't stop from thinking things.
>>
>>68022041
You are truly the victims
>>
>>68021861
>a large majority of people do not have an inner monologue
Regardless of the meme, is this not true?
>>
>>68022043
Exactly, only calling someone a sheep does not have the same effect as calling them an NPC.
SJW? they don't care.
Sheeple? they don't care.
White knight? they don't care.
But NPC? all the unbridled rage.
>>68022063
Apparently it is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNQyubd9ARc&t=3s
or some peoples inner voice is in pictures or yada yada, weird stuff.
>>
>>68022004
Fuck off kike
>>
>>68022102
you have to go back
>>
>>68022069
Perhaps this is the source of the discomfort? Being told: "You are dumb, and here is proof that you and only you can verify" must be very difficult for some people to accept.
>>
>>68021930
Reading without pronouncing the words in your head is the first thing you learn when trying to become a faster reader. /pol/ being retarded again
>>
File: npc origin.png (39 KB, 1294x152)
39 KB
39 KB PNG
>>
File: Masuda_0.jpg (29 KB, 615x492)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>68021861
The "study" that this NPC meme originated from has a trash methodology and sample size, and no real conclusion.
I miss when brainlet wojaks and basedjaks were the hip thing, at least they were more honest in saying "u dumb lol" and had some occasional fun variations.
>>
>>68022113
Yeah i have come to the conclusion that it triggers people because they are as lost as i am when it comes to understanding how to think without that little voice.
I remember being at school and being asked "why are you talking to yourself" and still to this day get asked that question all the time.
It is because they legitimately never do it even in their head.
>>
>>68021871
The reason is right there in the image faggot off topic
>>
File: 1524355568144.png (92 KB, 485x443)
92 KB
92 KB PNG
>>68022142
Slowjaks were a piece of work
>>
>>68022041
>The left does it worse
Unless your posting in China or Cuba that's probably
>>
>>68022142
Personally i have asked about 60 people that i know and 43 of them had no idea what i was talking about, some even asked if i had schizophrenia.
>>
>>68022153
Riiiight mods are going to ban someone for going off the topic in a thread on /pol/, you have been on /pol/ right?
they can't hold a coherent conversation on a single topic for 10 minutes.
>>
>>68022179
It say right there in the image jesus christ are you blind?
>>
>>68022188
So what you are saying is 90% of posts on /pol/ get banned for off topic?
Because i can pretty much assure you that if you make a thread there within 10 minutes the topic will be niggers or jews.
>>
>>68022198
I'm saying the stated reason for the ban is off topic holy shit you are retarded
>>
>>68022210
But it was on topic, dude was posting in a thread about normie book
>>
>>68022217
And yet that is still the stated reason if you disagree with the reason take it up with the mods why are you harassing me?
>>
>>68022232
help! help! I'm being persecuted!
>>
>>68022232
You haven't made a point lol and you can't contest a 3 day ban
>>
MODS POL IS SHITTING UP THE BOARD AGAIN!
>>
>>68022240
All I want to know why why you are here on /g/ bitching about a /pol/ issue go whine to the mods
>>68022253
My point is shut up no one here cares the mods gave a reason
>>
>>68021861
>tech companies are extremely offended by it and want to get it banned from all platforms
If true big.
>>
>>68022170
That doesn't mean necessarily that they don't have this "inner monologue", just that they don't really think about having it. Personally I only notice it when I'm just sitting there doing nothing and thinking about stuff and not performing any task, even a not serious one like playing a videogame.
>>68021976
Like this guy said, having your brain spell words all the time does legitimately make your thinking slower, so doing it all the time, especially for tasks that don't require speaking or writing sentences, is actually bad.
>>
>>68022145
I talk to myself both inside and outside of my head constantly. I basically debate myself, weigh pros and cons, and evaluate every little thing about my current situation. I always thought it was a thing everyone did but I realized probably right around middle school that most people are completely incapable of planning ahead in anyway and we're unable to improve themselves or figure things out on their own without using someone else to throw their ideas at.

Having an inner monologue definitely makes you more of an independent human being who doesn't need the constant validation or opinions of his peers to make effective decisions.
>>
File: 1504825646959.jpg (5 KB, 222x227)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>68021979
>memorized the shapes of the words
you mean learned to read?
>>
>>68022264
All i did is ask a simple question, i think i have been very respectful in this thread.
>>68022217
>>68022198
>>68022179
>>68022170
>>68022069
>>68021930
>>68021914
Or am i wrong in saying you are mad for no reason?
It's not like i have come in here insulting you guys i have even stated that i have respect for the anons on /g/....
Be a cunt though i don't mind.
>>
>>68022291
Reading letter by letter and word by word is different
>>
>>68022291
How the fuck is memorizing the shape of words related to reading.
>>
>>68021861
Because it's true some peoples act like npc, they don't care and truth is offending them so that's why they are banning.
>>
>>68021999
We don't actually think it's true. Do you think we think we're 30 year old boomers? If you think we think it's true, that's a tell that you're an NPC.
>>
>>68022285
Which probably explains why most leftists lack an inner monologue. Because leftism is more about social signaling and group think.
>>
>>68022142
Nah the study was fine, it was just misreported.
>>
File: 1539219996971.png (86 KB, 800x668)
86 KB
86 KB PNG
Remember, this is the shit they are teaching kids.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1IHVP7CB1k
>>
>>68021861
>people do not have an inner monologue
Fucking Cylons are real, and now they have been found out.
What's their plan?
>>
File: stupid.jpg (310 KB, 960x663)
310 KB
310 KB JPG
>>68021861
daily reminder that the NPC meme is literally no different than 14yo girls posting shit like this online, except instead of 14yo girls it's assblasted 15-25yo men/women(men)
>>
>>68022369
Care to give a reason for that other than through insults?
>>
>>68022369
At least 14 year old girls grow out of it
>>
>>68022379
>t. NPC
>>
>>68022378
If you can't understand it by yourself you're the NPC.
>>
File: download_1.png (7 KB, 257x196)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>68022386
>>
File: kek.png (673 KB, 1557x1618)
673 KB
673 KB PNG
pic related
>>
>>68022402
>Can't say npc meme is dehumanizing or else your a robot
>>
File: 1539264141392.png (173 KB, 492x408)
173 KB
173 KB PNG
>>68022398
Interesting, you offer a comment of no substance, then you back it up by repeating the meme.
Really makes you think.
>>
Wait wait wait guys no no no no you wanna tell me that there are peoples, who actually don't have inner voice ?

Like how you are even exist ? Jesus i can't even move before i get everything done properly in my head, i talk with myself like every second of my life. How the hell i mean literally how you are able to do stuff without it ?

That's some bullshit if u don't have inner voice then you have to be Computer Controlled Character and that's why they are banning us they don't wanna let us know the truth that NPC's are real !

Now seriously how person without inner voice can even exist ? Zombie ?
>>
>>68022420
That is why this meme is gaining traction fast.
people are freaking the fuck out on both sides.
>>
>>68022378
the post was supposed to be self-explanatory, but my point is that the NPC meme exists for no other purpose than to make people who *don't* consider themselves NPCs feel special. like imagine having your head shoved so far up your ass that you feel like you're some snowflake and everybody else just "doesn't get it", are you starting to see the correlation between that and edgy 14yos on social media yet?

the NPC meme is literally the most NPC thing there is
>>
>>68022420
>how person without inner voice can even exist ?
see
>>68022368

They were planted on this planet.
>>
>>68022417
>Can't say npc meme is dehumanizing or else your a robot
The algorithms are malfunctioning. We need to look more into this
>>
>>68022419
that wasn't the guy you originally replied to dumbass
>>
>>68021861
NPC memes are usually off-topic much like this thread.
>>>/pol/
>>
>>68021871
LMAO
imagine being this new
>>
Yes. Tech companies want to keep people stupid and autonomous npcs so that they will mindlessly do as they say. Pointing out that angers them as it wakes people up.
It only is offensive to npcs, or really intelligent normies
>>
>>68021861
SHUT IT DOWN
>>
>>68022430
Imagine having your head shoved so far up your ass that you feel like you're some snowflake and everybody who doesn't agree with you 100% is just some edgelord trying to troll you.

It's just a funny meme that triggers people.
Read into shit a bit less hey mate?
>>
it's a tacit criticism of class treason like the meme beans were. you think it's just a portmanteau for "retard" or "faggot" but what you're really doing is calling out yuppies and making fun of their vapid little consumer lifestyles. that's why certain people have such a negative reaction to it. hope that makes sense
>>
File: 4d9.jpg (30 KB, 400x300)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>68022477
Interesting that this kind of response never came from calling people sheep or white knights.
Thanks for the input.
>>
>>68022465
>everybody who doesn't agree with you 100% is just some edgelord trying to troll you.
i never implied that but aight

>It's just a funny meme that triggers people. Read into shit a bit less hey mate?
hey man if you just consider it to be any other meme or whatever that's all good, my post was more targeting the /r9k/ types who actually do take it pretty seriously/see the world this way. it's basically a repeat of the normie thing but x10
>>
File: australian homer.jpg (63 KB, 464x540)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>68022503
Im legit just sitting on the sidelines watching the world burn, the reaction from both sides is amazing.
>>
>>68021861
since when is "y'all" an npc thing? fuckin yanks
>>
>>68022419
It's literally the same thing, look at the tumblr drawing here >>68022369. It's the same concept even graphically, robotish girls with a bar code stamped on their forehead vs. a robotish wojak with simplified facial features. The message is exactly the same, "I'm smarter than everyone else", "everyone is sheeple" and basically just stuff for 16 yo edgelords.
>>
>>68021930
I have an inner monologue that's mostly reserved for coping and rationalizations/finding explanations/creating arguments before speaking them as well as visual, I can read a fiction book but sometimes set it up like a stage play or movie in my head if I get really involved with it.

Technical books I can generally draw the concept in my head though as I read and digest.
>>
>>68022429
I mean yeah but how ? I'm asking how they are able to operate lol because it seems to be impossible.

I usually can turn off my inner voice for like minute if i need to be really really focused and react fast on something but there is no way literally no way that somebody can be without inner voice it's just not real.
>>
>>68022562
based
>>
>>68021993
>What the hell kind of church were you going to?
I went to a catholic private prep school and got a similar teaching. Likely you were just the sheeple most of us just ended up governing over.

No joke a kid I graduated with was an intern in the Obama white house looking to do it again under shillary. Was hilarious af when he lost his job.
>>
>>68022526
based an redpilled
>>
>>68022567
That's because it doesn't actually happen, an already dubious study got grossly misinterpreted by some retards on /r9k/.
>>
>>68021861
Tech industry is full of people who love marvel and funko pops. The type of person whose hobbies are consuming. I have no doubt that they see this as a threat.
>>
>>68022179
Stop being a dumbfuck posting off topic shit

>everyone is doing it!!
Literal NPC behaviour. How about providing quality discussion instead of shitposting?
>>
>>68022591
/r9k/ are fully registered psychologists, really, healthy people that have never had pent up anger explode and hurt themselves or others in violent acts
>>
File: 1535202846563.png (46 KB, 376x401)
46 KB
46 KB PNG
>>
>>68022610
/thread
>>
File: a.gif (69 KB, 480x455)
69 KB
69 KB GIF
>>68022610
>xkcd was right
>>
>>68022402
It is literally dehumanizing. But anon tends to not care because anon is a borderline nihilist anyway who doesn't believe people have any inherent value.
>>
>>68022610
How come there was no outrage at this comic? Was he not saying the exact same this as the "NPC meme"?
>>
>>68022630
class traitors in the united states deserve that kind of treatment
>>
>>68022633
Observation vs Dehumanization as >>68022630 and many others are noting
The wrong thing of course is to complain and cry about it on twitter, the right thing is to fling even better shit back than just [incoherent screaming], but the left is incapable of such things
>>
>>68022610
onions: the webcomic
>>
>>68022633
>tripfagging
NPC detected
>>
>>68022633
Amount of people saying it. Npc caught on quicker than sheeple.
>>
>>68022633
based and redpilled
>>
>>68022650
sheeple is a pretty widely accepted and well known put down, the problem is the people saying it is conspiracy theorists.
it works because NPC is just a meme and has no much potential for variation.
>>
>>68022643
You people are pretty much lined up for the slaughterhouse anyway. Media has such a monopoly and efficient disruption on discourse to turn any talk of class politics into identity reductionism really the only group to get behind is the white supremacists and nationalists
>>
>>68022633
Because the comic, while saying largely the same thing as the NPC meme, was demonstrating that everyone thinks that way (ergo, nobody is ACTUALLY an NPC in the comic).
>>
File: 1538679510290.jpg (79 KB, 640x640)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>68022630
but most people are just low entropy anomalies. you know it's true, someone who spends their life doing some unnecessary job, shopping at wallmart, watching TV and browsing facebook throughout their entire life don't add anything to the world
>>
>>68022610
>>68022419
>>68022402
>>68022366
So is this meme basically The Last Man as Fukuyama predicted?
Pretty sure we're destined for the globalist neoliberal hell world from The Expanse that earth becomes
>>
>>68022633
Why would there be outrage? It's pointing out that everyone has the tendency towards disbelief that other people are as complicated as they are.
>>
>/v/pol autismos VS braindead teenage girls on Twitter

This is funny.
>>
>>68021999
the way Internet works strips humanity from people, whoever uses it should be used to it by now
>>
>>68022674
Why would they need to? People today basically eat and live better than any emperor or king has in the history of the world, even if we were to descend back into reactionary politics or neo-monarchies it'd be tough to recreate the conditions of struggle that even your grandparents or great grandparents had.
I'm not saying the End of History is a particularly good thing, nor bad, just accept it like an adult maybe?
>>
>>68022526
Keep telling yourself that, delusional cuck.
>>
>>68022714
Maybe there's a reason why tech CEOs and management limit their children's interactions with the internet then
>>
>>68022690
with ecological collapse on the horizon and material conditions worsening neoliberalism is on a course to devolve into something adjacent to hardline fascism. race mixing and "the gays on my teevee" will be the least of your worries
>>
>>68022138
the npc wojak happened way before that post
>>
>>68022420
>Jesus i can't even move before i get everything done properly in my head, i talk with myself like every second of my life.
LMFAO so you seriouly have to verbally formulate everything neatly in your mind before you can do anything and you think OTHER people are the NPCs??
>>
>>68022715
but I did. I just like mocking them with NPC meme. because it fits. it encompasses what they are in a single image macro.
>>
>>68022715
t. NPC
>>
>>68022714
> ted was right
There is something distinctly disgusting about what the internet has done to society, which is some top rate irony, considering it was so often talked about as like some technological messiah that would bring the world together.
>>
>>68022163
That’s a grug not a slowjak
>>
>>68022778
You ever think that, perhaps, the real npc is the one who parrots predictable jokes?
>>
>>68021861
>is it true that tech companies are extremely offended by it and want to get it banned from all platforms and is that why people are being banned across 4chan for using it?

Its right wing propaganda in tech related meme format. Its excellent proof of /pol/ being great at creating internet fads from nothing. Like I remmeber the early NPC threads I wouldn't have guess it would have gotten this far. I love it.
>>
>>68022796
> no you’re the npc
Ironically, this “argument” is parrotted by NPCs every time they’re called out
>>
>>68022751
I know what you're getting at but to think any sort of left opposition can mobilize in the next decade before ecological collapse happens is pretty naive.

Even the supposed advocates from the DSA branch of the dems lack any sort of long term vision for the future apart from just "free college" and "living wage". Probably because they know that the anti-communist ghosts of the cold war are basically here to haunt us double time with both working class and structural support to boot.

>>68022778
>>68022771
Liberal republic has won, even the Trump lead nationalist government has fallen in line, neutered by the system it only generates largely the same policy as his predecessors did to little changing result. Why waste more energy than you need in our shining city on a hill?
>>
>>68022813
t. NPC
>>
the science says npcs are real, however they seem to be a minority of the population. we need a wide scale study before any conclusions can be drawn
here's a more important question: does it matter? what does the existence of npcs change? sure, it's pretty dumb, but there are a lot of dumb (double digit) people
>>
>>68022813
>>68022818
you two are just going to end up repeating all this (like any two NPCs talking to each other would)
>>
>>68022759
no, that's not how it works. if you have an inner monologue, you don't "have to" verbally formulate things in your mind; it happens spontaneously.

like you don't "have to" formulate your image of the world when you open your eyes: it's simply there before you. very similar
>>
>>68022715
lmao holy mackerel. you're right in a sense bro, liberal imperialism will in fact end history and carbon based life if we let it
>>
>>68022836
t. NPC
>>
>>68022715
Cuckuyama please go.
>>
>>68022824
It's an exercise in sophistry, "NPC" doesn't even carry the implication that someone is less functional as a member of society, same as the "sheeple" that came before it.
>>
>>68022840
Fukuyama was a dipshit for thinking he was wrong after 2016, he was probably just scared of how right he was
>>
>>68022848
I tried but you all keep falling back in line to the liberal hegemonic order

like NPCs maybe :3
>>
>>68022817
I try not to be openly defeatist but I'm mostly holding out for whoever survives. maybe they can pull something off under different circumstances. I don't know
>>
>>68022854
it seems like the only plausible way we can move beyond the current system is if automation makes the 'post-scarcity' idea more than a meme. otherwise we will continue in cycles of recessions and business elite sucking up every last crumb of wealth with stagnant wages. we don't need to imagine the dystopian future because it's here
>>
>>68022787
I wouldn't have genuine friends if it weren't for the internet: you wouldn't have NetBSD either. The internet really is a great thing: perhaps the disgusting things used the internet as a tool, rather than being caused by the internet..
>>
>>68022817
>>68022796
have it occured to you that NPC is a little more than a libtard? I'm pretty convinced that the "woke" trump supporter ranks has the same distribution of them. and I can't help but wonder if you are one. somehow actual NPCs are the loudest critics of that meme
>>
>>68022113
Honestly if you are insecure enough to be triggered when someone calls you dumb then you probably are dumb. Either emotionally or intelectually.
>>
File: 1538665106004.png (707 KB, 715x750)
707 KB
707 KB PNG
The reason "people" are being banned for it is that it's a retarded low-effort forced meme that was spammed all over /v/ and several other boards on the day that it was created, pushing countless more purposeful threads into the archive too early, and it's an easy way to allow the mentally challenged to feel like there's someone even more retarded than them.
>>
>>68022888
this, exactly. that's why it's so triggering
>>
>>68021979
>these people had just memorized the shapes of the words.
That's how it workes. It's much faster. Who the fuck reads letter for letter?
>>
>>68022837
That's not what that guy is saying though? I do have an inner monologue, or dialogue when I want to just not all the time, I don't need a constant voice to guide me through life.
>>
Wait, is this a real fucking thing? As in there are a lot of people that don't have an inner voice when they have thoughts or are problem solving? I always figured that this was normal. This disturbs me on a lot of levels if this is true.
>>
>>68022787
>>68022881
On the topic of other things named after the internet in respect of it: NetHack. Truly, the internet is capable of being that messiah.
>>
>>68022264
nigger
>>
NPCs are the people who are the easiest to control for the corporations (mainly google, facebook, twitter and any other big social media corp), they usually flock together due to their shared beliefs (those planted in them by the corps) and they surround and occupy themselves with all that bullshit. NPCs don't have any different opinions on meaningful topics. The corps don't want people to hear about this as they do not want NPCs to wake up. They spend a lot of time, money and effort to keep NPCs dumb.
>>
>>68022919
that's so painfully true. look at macfags on /g/ or cdprojektfags on /v/. it's so fucking sad to watch, because those "people" have completely and unconditionally accepted perceived infallibility of those corporations
>>
>>68022901
Interesting picture, the scrambled ordering doesn't appear to make it any harder to read nor even slow it down
>>
File: 0VXuPse[1].png (184 KB, 912x869)
184 KB
184 KB PNG
>>68021861
This npc meme is actually years old by now and was rarely posted. When somebody made a npc thread he usually had a few good arguments but was always told to fuck off with his bullshit.
But now it's only
>hurr durr someone likes something I don't like
>he must be npc.
Npc poster are the actual npcs.
>>
>>68022369
> t. NPC
>>
>>68022871
>>68022880
Trump is already ensured the ruling class will survive. I think the left constantly referencing and telling people to read old philosophers really hurts it's own support when it should be focused on what they can do to ensure the working and lower classes survive whatever ecological or economic collapse comes.
>>68022886
>have it occured to you that NPC is a little more than a libtard?
On the contrary, I think the NPC meme is expressing a very real anger irregardless of your political side. I just think you're better off saving your energy for the shitstorm that's about to come.
>>
>>68022987
>On the contrary, I think the NPC meme is expressing a very real anger irregardless of your political side. I just think you're better off saving your energy for the shitstorm that's about to come.
fair point
>>
>>68022950
> That post number
The days of yore indeed. I mean, there is certainly something to be said for people who coast through life seemingly without a critical thought in their head, but I've always precieved it to be more behavioral than an innate property of the person in question, as opposed to just plain being stupid. Someone can 'grow' as a person
>>
>>68021861
It's interesting how many people are offended by it. If you talk with somebody about how the average person is fucking dumb no one usually complains since everybody thinks of himself as better than average and they usually agree with you. But in this case it's strange that this somehow hit a nerve. Just compare it to the manlet meme.
>>
>>68022906
Society is a pyramid scheme. Come now, anons. Don't scapegoat the normals and NPCs - don't you see they are a necessary part of the whole, that which the ancients termed 'dao' (way)? You cannot have outsiders without insiders. There cannot be the possibility for freedom if there is not first slavery. When you realize you are in the box, you get up and leave, but the 'normies' will - MUST - remain. They are part of the system, like the leaves on a tree. When the wind blows through the leaves on the trees in a certain way, does it upset you? Of course not. So it is with the state of society and the NPCs. You have to accept them unconditionally for what they are if you want to be at peace.
>>
>>68021861
>the basic idea is a large majority of people do not have an inner monologue and those people are NPCs
Yeah except it's just yet another stupid wojak edit people use when they disagree with someone else. It's such a fucking lazy way to end an argument when you know you're losing. Impossible to argue when all you get in response is your post quoted with a NPC wojak or
>t. NPC

Exact same shit as the brainlet wojak edit, just used when you know you have nothing to support your argument. Should stay contained to
>>>/reddit9k/
>>
>>68023023
Don’t spout NPC tier shit if you don’t want to be called an NPC
>>
>>68022930
They find reassurance in conformity, joy in complacency and never stop for a second to think for themselves. They think the majority has to be right always, even when it so obviously isn't, but who cares right? Google wouldn't spend their time trying to mess with you, right? Even when it's as simple as paying a guy $15 an hour to write little algorithms that detect what sort of controversial topics someone is interested in to bombard all their users with their agenda wherever they can.
Do a little experiment on your own to see what's going on. Google something that you Google is against, for example: Trump, spend 5 minutes just looking at the top results and try to imagine this is the first time you're ever reading anything about Trump. Now Google something you know Google likes to promote, for example: Hillary Clinton and do the same as you did with Trump.
Results? Googling Trump will show much more negative results, Hillary will show much more positive results. It might be subtle at times, but the human brain loves subtleties. You can also try googling right wing and left wing, see pic related for right wing.
>>
Why is this on /g/
>>
>>68023069
See pic related for left wing. When someone clicks one of these videos on both of these searches, they will be blasted with pro left and anti right propaganda. The related videos section on youtube will be filled with similar propaganda. Even the definitions show a bias, right wing is pestered with negativity, while left wing is filled with positivity. I can honestly spend a whole day writing and talking about this, but I'm going on for far too long for what is essentially a reply on 4chan that will be forgotten and lost in a bit.
>>
>>68023096
It's heavily related to the malicious usage of technology to keep the populace under control.
>>
File: evidence.png (208 KB, 500x1044)
208 KB
208 KB PNG
>>68022369
I'm breddy sure that the girl who drew this looks nothing like her self insert
>>
>>68023096
Because it wasn't a question for /bant/ or /qa/ because they are both useless and this is related to technology.
>>
File: 72b.gif (680 KB, 500x496)
680 KB
680 KB GIF
>>68022402
>if(offended = true)
The first thing that should tell you that you arent special is the fact that there almost 8 billion people.
>>
>>68023038
>"dont disagree with me if you don't want to be called an NPC"

Finally, we see through the bullshit. NPC "meme" is for retards who can't argue with actual words. You brag about being fucking conscious. Imagine how little you have to have going on in your life to get to that level. Bragging about being able to perform a basic human function. You might as well brag about taking a dump, and then claim that nobody else can take a dump, and that's why they always do it in private. It's a coverup! They're all in on it, and it's all to make me look like I'm not the special snowflake that I know I am! Why are the mods angry at me for bragging about my shitting habits? Must be the leftists getting BTFO’d again.

Stop posting. Your opinions are not valuable, and you’re clearly incapable of articulating them anyway. Posting image macros as a response to arguments might be the dumbest thing you can do. You’re outwardly admitting that your opinion is pre-packaged. Did you create that image macro yourself? No? So, you saw somebody else’s opinion, and you literally saved it for later use. You’re fucking retarded, mate. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
>>
>>68023171
Pretty sure he is just trolling you.
The meme is do you have an inner monologue?
Yes or no?
Yes? you are not an NPC
No? you are an NPC

Pretty simple.
Stop getting so triggered.
>>
>>68021930
It's called not being a brainlet, I scan read through your post in a second, I didn't need to slowly read out each word in some internal voice to understand it.
The funny thing about the NPC meme is that while NPCs certainly exist, everyone who keeps posting shit like "if people don't think in words how do they think at all??!?" is just outing themselves as an NPC because you have to be clinically retarded to have never used abstract thought in your life.
You have no chance of getting anywhere in STEM if your only method of problem solving is thinking in sentences read out in your head.
>>
>>68023171
This anon is right.

>>68023186
>The meme is do you have an inner monologue?
Maybe it started out that way but it sure as hell isn't being used for that purpose.
>>
>>68023197
>>
>>68023186
The meme is that random illiterates on /g/ can somehow sense if you have an inner monolouge simply by reading your posts.
>Stop getting so triggered.
Deflecting from criticism by implying that all criticism stems from anger, and that criticism that stems from anger is inherently without merit. Can you defend these beliefs? Go ahead, try to use your words for once. Can you actually make it through one post without falling back on stale buzzwords?
>>
>>68022633
The meme came from a study showing only ~20% of people had an inner monologue. So in reality only one or two of these people would be thinking that.
>>
>>68023262
I am not the anon you have been arguing with for the last hour fyi, i am OP but sure.
What criticism did you have for me exactly...?
Pretty sure i have laid my cards on the table already.
>>68022526
>>
>>68021976
>Okay let's say I'm reading a calculus book. I can scan the images, look at the formulas, then read the keywords. At this point, everything clicks. I have the page cached in my brain. I think about it with pictures and associations and hopefully, next morning it's all in my head.
wow, it's intelligent but not self aware
>>
>>68022901
I didn't read the image letter for letter but I was still verbalizing it inside my own head as I read the entire thing. That verbalization disconnect is where the NPC meme started.
>>
>>68023298
My first post in this thread was 25 minutes ago.
>>
>>68023296
The study actually said people without inner monologue are the minority, retard.
>>
>>68022368
their plan is to try and understand human love by morphing into blond bimbos and milking our cum.
>>
assuming there exists a phenomenon you call NPC, how does one differentiate PC from NPC on the internet?
>>
>>68022273
>Like this guy said, having your brain spell words all the time does legitimately make your thinking slower
It makes you a deeper thinker because you are constantly reflecting your own thoughts in a dialog. Thats how youbjave deep and profound thoughts -in a dialog with someone or with yourself. Thats why platon wrote his book as dialogs.
>>
>>68023502
It makes you an indecisive retard that can't think fast to save their own life.
>>
>>68022618
There's always a relevant xkcd.
>>
>>68023150
why the duck do people post this shit and other "motivational" and "wise" quotes?
>>
File: inspirujące słowa.jpg (12 KB, 460x259)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>68023621
>>
File: 1448523652130.jpg (22 KB, 282x409)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>68023342
Fair enough cobber
>>
>>68022567
>I mean yeah but how ? I'm asking how they are able to operate lol because it seems to be impossible.
reactive, running a script. like a chimp or any other animal. sometimes they do things that seem intelligent but they're not really self aware. just running a script. with human NPCs that script is rather complex so the illusion of a person emerges.
it's actually a great evolutionary strategy. follow the script, pass on your genes, strength in numbers, no outliers
>>
File: 1538963132909.jpg (39 KB, 373x391)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>68021871
> posting on /pol/
>>
File: 1497290382594.jpg (64 KB, 475x518)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
how do you post here if you don't have inner monologues? how do you write?
>>
>>68022610
the idea that relativism is the top most enlightened worldview, is the most npc thing you can have in your head

>maybe Plato was in the cave himself, bet he didn't think of that huh
>>
>>68023688
you copy and paste talking points from other posts if they match your hardcoded regex, for example: (apple|creative)
>>
>>68021960
>If i told you to close your eyes and picture every window in your house, could you do it?
No? I don’t even know how many my house has
>>
>>68023888
What the fuck dude are you literally an npc?
>>
>>68022751
>ecological collapse
nice npc meme, npc
>>
>>68022340
part jew here. i wouldn't be surprised if most jews dont have an inner monologue. its a discussion thats popped up a few times in my life and people have been surprised that i dont think in language. i can't always think of the words that i'm thinking but that doesn't stop me from putting abstract concepts together, to a degree that if i have to explain what i'm thinking i have to think about how to put it in language. but i dont have to think hard.

thats not to say that i dont have the concept of an inner monologue, it's that what i'm thinking and language processing are two entirely separate threads in my mind and i'm not translating my thoughts into english most of the time. if you had some kind of psychic microphone you would hear a bunch of chaotic segementary ideas in multiple languages but that isn't the mode by which i 'think'
>>
>>68023621
>people
>>
the most ironic thing about this meme is the people who post it are the NPCs themselves
>>
>>68021861
Yeah this meme won't cut it. Runner up.
>>
>>68023934
Well memed, fellow NPC :^|
>>
>>68023934
This, so much this!
>>
>>68023888
Can't you just count them? You know, in your head while visualizing each room?
>>
>>68022402
This makes me want to scrape tweets to analyze them for most common buzzwords and display the distribution. Then you could predict their responses with a certain margin of error.
It would be quite funny to tweet them their response before they even typed it.
>>
>>68023965
i want a big npc face on the wall above my computer with 'BE UNIQUE' written underneath
>>
>>68023195
calling bullshit on that one. I used to have a photographic memory but I completly trained it away because the problem was I still had to read it after comitting it to memory- That could have been fine if it was just that but it's pure stress if you'd have to work/do something that needs focus. I almost burned out mentally once because of that.

Now the scanning of text. there are only two versions of this, a) timewarp scan reading, wich is basically normal reading speed up mentally. b)uhm-uhm text scanning, you shorten the voice in your head to an uhm or even shorter noise to keep up with the now visualized scan-reading, sound stenography if you will.

However, you cannot completly get rid of the voice (or sound bit) unless you simply never had it and just pretent you're not an NPC.
>>
>>68024008
just because you're autistic doesn't mean people can't do it
>>
>>68023952
>>68023965
thank you for proving my point
>>
>/g/ - /pol/itical psuedoscience
>>
>>68024018
nope, I don't believe it.
>>
>>68023831
redpilled
>>
>>68021861
NPCs. Sheeple. Backdrop people. They're all words for the same thing. Extroverts. Extroverts can be easily influenced. Susceptible to peer-pressure. They are essential for business and government to keep functioning as it does.
>>
why do npcs become so hostile when faced with the realisation they're not entirely human?
>>
>>68024059
it's in their programming
>>
>>68022698
>>68022671
the original is only one
>>
>>68024024
It's almost as if you have no point beyond "no u". Wow, just wow.
>>
hello fellow 4channers. apple good. linux bad.
>>
>>68024059
because human rights don't apply to them? maybe that's why they're trying to abolish them all the time, once human rights are gone there is no problem getting exposed as NPC. equal dystopia/extinction for everyone!
>>
>>68024074
yeah but why? if anything they should be unfazed by it and brush it off as a meme. denial and anger only invites discussion which is against their inherit interest of keeping a low profile
>>
I believe this impacts millennials the most, simply because their parents and everyone around them told them that they were unique and special. Living a lie and then finding out they're anything but special really hits this generation hard.
>>
>>68022043
>We were always at war with E̶u̶r̶a̶s̶i̶a̶ Judea
>>
>>68023928
Full Jew here.
You are a retard in need of Jesus.
>>
>>68024105
because they feel they are unique and should be treated as such. even though statistically none of us are in terms of respective traits and interests
>>
Testt
>>
>>68021861
>>68022063
>>68022069
What if for speaking or drawing I do have "inner voice", but complex stuff, like university papers preparing or programming stuff with new ideas, especially math or algorithm heavy stuff everything goes silent? Tbh I can admit I sometimes solve maths that I can't explain or understand but it "just werks". Also regarding papers: I can write pretty complex ones, I was writing papers that professors reated as PhD level while during my BA (undergrad) studies.
>>
>>68024024
who hurt you?
>>
>>68024024
That's a good NPC, keep following your programming :^|
>>
File: p-zombie-test.jpg (312 KB, 1000x1000)
312 KB
312 KB JPG
that's pretty much like phylosophical zombie
>>
>>68021861
I think we're on to something
>>
>>68024008
>when I read I have to say "uhm-uhm" repeatedly in my head
I was half joking about a permenant internal voice being a sign of medical retardation but now I'm completely convinced
>>
>>68024197
It is p-zombies, just dumbed down with a gaymer metaphor so the zoomers can understand it.
>>
>>68021999
You're misunderstanding. It's not to say these people do not think but rather the way they think is dramatically different. You've heard of photographic memories, auditory learners, visual learners etc. Some people do not rely on an inner monologue and verbal reasoning for most of their decisions.

https://thebrainbank.scienceblog.com/2015/10/10/whats-going-on-in-your-head-the-science-behind-our-inner-voice/
>>
>>68021871
>>68022179
>>68022198
>>68022217
>one mod is having a shitty day
>AAAAHHHHH CONSPIRACY AHH WHY DON'T YOU GUYS SEE IT

>NPC using NPC memes
>>
File: glowing.jpg (232 KB, 1349x774)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
>>68024311
Yes it is just a conspiracy, /pol/ was just purged.
All NPC threads and i mean every last one and every last person who posted NPC related comments has been purged and put in eternal 15 min purgatory.
>>
>>68024326
This all happened as this was happening btw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s94FUX35UU
>>
This thread was moved to >>>/b/782127091





Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.