[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: they_know.png (597 KB, 765x748)
597 KB
597 KB PNG
the CCP be knowin' some shit about intel. jew'd, sure. but AMD, too? what do they know /g/?
>>
Schizo thread
>>
>>99797873
Intel ME/AMD PSP
Separate on-board processors without which your main processor cannot boot.
>>
>>99797873
There is exploitable rce in the fucking silicon. it's error is probably by design, every corpo wants everything, a corporation is just a bigger person, and like any other living entity it's only purpose is to consume all that it can and can't.

Trust nobody. The only good thing any living organism with conscience can do is, and im saying this with big grief, is kill itself. I too would do it if I wasn't such a pussy. Sorry dad for me not being brave enough to do it, you were supposed to raise a good son not another fucking capitalistic bitch,.
>>
CCP is using alternatives. Their chips are also 3 years behind Intel and AMD, which is very impressive. I think there using ARM silicon.
>>
they know they need to strengthen their self-sufficiency before they can start shit with taiwan
>>
File: 1711781984191191.jpg (103 KB, 690x666)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>99797948
>capitalistic bitch
>>
>>99797873
they probably got the backdoors working and realized what the US could access on their systems. since they can't be blocked, it's obvious the alternative.
>>
>>99797976
>3 years behind Intel and AMD
>impressive
>>
>>99798057
>3 years behind Intel and AMD
>impressive
and catching up, you fucking faggot
>>
>>99798024
>they probably got the back doors working
R and D is in Israel, considering their double dealing with the BRICS they most likely sold the back doors to the Chinese.
If Bibi or MOSSAD didn't an employee would. they can't help themselves.
>>
>>99798057
3 years CPU diff in this year means like 10% less power per wattage, means nothing
>>
>>99797873
Tit for tat. What goes around comes around. Hope the glorious leader showers Yellen with Huawei P70 on her upcoming trip.
>>
>>99797873
riscv, apparently
>>
>>99798674
this'll be a game changer but the development is taking too long for my liking.
>>
>>99797948
>capitalism is when the government forces a company to make its products worse
>>
>>99799636
that's an undocumented level of retardation, anon. still, pay it 0 attention.
>>
>>99797976
They're actually using RISC-V since ARM needs licencing
>>
>>99797873
they know they can't get anymore intel and amd chips
>>
>>99797873
anti-competitive commie measures, once CCP falls and China has to follow the rules based order and actually pay their rent things will start to heal
>>
CCP is going to enhance and advance RISC V and dominate the CPU market, soon. I have no problem with competition.
>>
>>99800853
China will be sanctioned if they get to cocky, no place that matter's going to risk their relations with America
>>
>>99797873
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMD_Platform_Security_Processor#Reported_vulnerabilities
>an Israeli IT security company reported a handful of allegedly serious flaws related to the PSP

>its da jooooooooooz

back to /pol/! tard!
>>
<eee
>>
>>99798057
yes you fucking mongoloid
>>
China bought up millions of HiFIVE boards and silicon recently, didn't they?
>>
10Cent Risc V cpu

https://redirect.invidious.io/watch?v=L9Wrv7nW-S8
>>
>>99797899
bright like a diamond
>>99797873
Random device is likely comped, so is (((TPM))).
I like how we've had half a dozen clear-cut cases of manufacturer backdoors in the past 10 years or so across all levels of tech stack - bare metal, drivers, reference implementations, libraries, OS etc (in addition to dozens upon dozens of examples revealed by Snowden), and retards still say "no, this time - that's it. It's all been patched". The "Chyna bugz in our chips" story from 5 years ago was a histrionic overreaction to the suspicion that they might have caught up with something the US has already been doing for years. But this kind of capability won't be used to catch random crypto extortionists, botnet owners and pedos. It's the SHTF day stuff.
>>99800853
They have a huge internal market + Russia and other "rogue regimes" (off the top of my head - Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iran, Syria, Egypt, Libya, bigger part of Sub-Saharan Africa, Venezuela, Cuba, NK - it's enough to pay off domestic chip R&D and production).
>>
>>99800942
red herrings
>>
They are preparing for a hot conflict in a few years.
>>
>>99797930
this, its public knowledge and OP is retarded
/thread
>>
>>99801904
the wef schitzos want a global lockdown by 2030 where we are all neo-serfs living in the pod, eating the bug, trapped in 15 minute cities, the chinese schitzos want CYBER-HAN SUPREMACY by 2050, the zionist schitzos want WW3 NOAW!11

world is ran by lunatics.
>>
>>99797873
So, there are some problems I think China will have with this.
Western Intelligence Agencies (WIAs) are probably creaming their pants because this move would make China a clean target.
Basically, if China moved to their CPUs, the West would not have no qualms in attacking.
I don't really expect many Westerners to jump ship, other than just funzies. Hell, the policy seems to be targeting only CCP/CPC (what is the right terminology??) computers, so the CPUs would be on machines the West are targeting.
Many countries that would benefit from a China CPU are probably already targeted by WIAs (e.g. Iran, North Korea, Russia). So, the target list is the usual suspects. I doubt any Westerner is going to feel bad that China CPUs are exploited by WIAs...
The PRC would probably use these new CPUs for their sensitive elements, like military and government policy.
While Intel/AMD probably has some backdoors for WIAs, I'm sure the WIAs understand that one's the jig is up, they would have to patch it, lest the non-WIAs gain access.
That...or those backdoors are already patched in sensitive areas and the WIAs are leaving Westerners to suffer attacks.
Unless the PRC decides to take an 180 in security and follow sane and robust cybersecurity practices, any backdoor they implement WILL be found and exploited by WIAs. It's not a matter of if, but when.
That being said, from a purely technological perspective, I want to see China succeed just to see what the come up with. While it's easy to blow them off and say "Hurr-durr, they'll just rebrand Intel/AMD or steal x86 ISA IP", I want to see what comes out.
Hell, if China starts contributing to RISC-V (like actually contributing, not just pulling the IP down), I may be tempted to even buy a China-RISC-V machine. I heard that Alibaba did something with RISC-V, so I would love to see the effects on a national scale.
>>
>>99797873
Could it be an attempt to dogfood domestic CPU?
>>
File: 1701260414450.jpg (335 KB, 960x720)
335 KB
335 KB JPG
>>99806618
>Hell, if China starts contributing to RISC-V (like actually contributing, not just pulling the IP down), I may be tempted to even buy a China-RISC-V machine. I heard that Alibaba did something with RISC-V, so I would love to see the effects on a national scale.
they are the greatest contributor of MIPS-RISC-V, they already showcased running minecraft baremetal.
the hardware maker is Loongson
same maker of lemote yeeloong, one of only few laptops that had an open BIOS which Stallman himself used for a long time (until the a better thinkpad got librebooted), so it's basically libre to the bottom up,
China is going full opensource, and I guess that Jia xz incident is an obvious glowie attempt to backdoor Chinese mainframe.
>>
>Company with a fledgling industry bans competitors from countries they have a trade war with so that said industry might flourish
Honestly, the west could learn a thing or two.
>>
>>99797930
this

If the ring −3 malware doesn't get em, the bug ridden, exploit ridden, backdoored UEFI firmware will.
>>
>>99797948
Capitalism is an economic system that emerged during the industrial revolution, gradually replacing the mercantilism of the previous era. Under capitalism, labor is reduced to a negotiable commodity, leading to the exploitation of cheap and desperate workers. Economic power shifts from merchants to capitalist investors who both produce and sell goods, giving rise to corporations that are legally required to maximize shareholder profits above all other considerations.
This system allows for the exploitation of resources on a massive scale and promotes consumerism by fabricating desires beyond natural needs. Capitalism's essence lies in securing material advantages through the destruction of its own material basis, driven by a nihilistic logic of transforming concrete resources into abstract market value. Without countervailing forces to keep it in check, capitalism will likely continue to exhaust the world's resources in pursuit of this goal.
>>
>>99808126
More then just an attempt. If the CCP demands something, people must do it or risk disappearing for a few years.
>>
Intel has pretty much openly admitted that it has CPU level backdoors in anything after core2duo.

See
>>99797930
>>
>>99797976
They're 5-8 years behind EUV lithography.
>>
>>99797976
>>99806618
Their alternatives are all over the place. They heavily invested in RISC-V, but there is also Huawei doing arm with their kirin, and when we thought loooongson is already dead, a new one just released. I suppose it's intended to diversify their risk and prevent others from easily stopping their track by hitting specific development. Still, this divide in effort certainly limit their speed of progress and considering the difficulty jump as you go further, I believe a 2/3 years gap is the best they can achieve before their speed of progress slows to a parity with the rest of the world.
>>99809645
They did before and it failed because no one trust their quality. They managed to go this far this time only because unlike before, it's now a fight for survival for all of their chip and electronic related companies
>>
>>99797873
Intel ME / AMDs version of it is just an NSA backdoor.
>>
>>99800942
do we really need to point out the obvious every single time?
it's always right
>>
>>99797873
That's bullshit.
All governments have given up on banning specific hardware, cybersecurity wise.
Cybersecurity is achieved by layering firewalls from different constructors these days. The spyware send tons of shit through the network. But nothing gets past the filtering.

Whatever reason they have to ban foreign hardware is purely economical.
>>
File: 1699148526136768.png (53 KB, 403x448)
53 KB
53 KB PNG
>>99809604
>>
sg2380 pronto

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.