[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/gd/ - Graphic Design

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • There are 186 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

4chan Virtual YouTuber Contest Final Round - 4chan Pass users can now vote on one of the top 20 entries!

File: qtddtot.png (8 KB, 284x177)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>Got a simple question that's not worth killing another thread over?
>Do you constantly see things like "Let's just shit up the board!" when you post your inquiries?
Then this thread is for you!

My brother is the owner of a small business and wants to have a logo drawn up for his business (landscaping). What's the going rate for a business logo and would anyone here be interested in doing it?
>>
>>339474
nice gimp poster you got there. 9/11
I'd recommend going to >>>/r/ or >>>/wsr/ for request. But if your business considerably a serious one with quite amount of budget, go to 99designs.com and set up a logo brand contest.
>>
>>339476
ye that sounds about right if he has a budget steer him away from here, fucking moron, just because you want all the money to go back to the slums in India where you are from

>>339474
if you have a budget leave an email and i'm sure someone will contact you, i know at least 2 people on here do very good logo's pretty cheap, i had one of their emails and a sample of what they do but it's at work sorry
>>
>>339474
>What's the going rate for a business logo
The rate for a logo design is a mess, nowadays the cheapest logo you can get is a $5 from fiverr but it's not really worth it since they probably rip it off from someone else.

There's also wannabe designers who would charge between $30-100 for a 'decent' logo a lot of people go for it since the risk isn't that much and most times it fits the client needs wi

More experienced designers/freelancers would charge around $200-500 and they usually take the client through out the process, show him/her different options and work on further revisions if there's something the client wants different.

There's also logo contest websites where you can put a price between $30-300 and lots of people will submit a lots of different logos and work on any revisions although unless the price is above $100 they tend to be very generic-looking.

Also I'm interested in the logo job offer, I usually charge around $50 via paypal (payment after the client approves the design), people have said to me that I should charge more but I just feel its a fair price since it would usually take 2-3 hours, my email: axtaresdesign@gmail.com
>>
>>339482

Not OP but in a similar situation, do you have a portfolio?
>>
>>339483
sure just send me an email.
>>
>>339474
Why are most magazine logos just a typeface and nothing else?
>>
>>339482
>50$ for a logo
>2-3 hours of your time
You might as well work as a waitress
>>
>>339474
I really hate the pen tool and think it's absolute ass. Is there any way to draw paths with a tablet as if I were just drawing lines? Sorry if this seems like a really stupid question, I'm completely new to vectors and illustrator.
>>
>>339547
You can use the brush tool but it's going to look like ass

You will learn to love the pen tool if you just keep at it
>>
Starting a small business, I want to make the brand something interesting and different, but it's so easy to just have the website be a white/black page with a modern looking font as the logo and that's it.

Basically do what every other startup seems to be doing.

Should I be trying harder to "go against the flow"?
>>
>>339474
$190 on 99designs, less on designcrowd, even less on fiverr. No one'll do it for free, and cheap ones are gonna be shit. And don't ever do business through 4chan.
>>339512
Because they have to work on various-colored surfaces. Covers change, you know. Same reason why they're usually a contrasting, rarely used color, like black or CMYK red.
>>339547
Both AI and (oh my fuck) CD can turn your handdrawn lines to smooth vectors. Might have to play around the settings to have appropriate smoothing. In AI it's the pencil, in CD a brush, i think. Brush in AI creates objects, not lines, so don't use it unless for illustration.
>>339551
Yes and no. There are many tricks you can use to use this template and still create a unique, recognizable site. Play around with the layout, and be sure to add some personal touch to the graphics (brand color filter on photos, some tiny details in animation, whatever). Anything that sets you apart works, even small, as long as it makes you memorable.
>>
i have to make a poster thats about 5m high. How do i set up my document in indesign? do i just make a 5000x2000 mm file, or is there another, better way to do it?

im still a student and dont know these tipes of things, thanks for help
>>
>>339633
Poster in inDesign? Do you mean illustrator?

Illustrator can handle 5000x2000mm just fine.
>>
>>339645
To clear things up when setting up for new document change the presets to print, unit to mm, width and height to anything you desire, and colour mode to cmyk.
>>
How do I create really convincing looking top down water as a vector? I'm using Inkscape if that makes a difference.
>>
File: 234098363.png (70 KB, 1496x780)
70 KB
70 KB PNG
Outline stroke in illustrator cc is broken for me today. Any idea what's fucked up and how to fix it?
>>
>>339723
what's outline stroke? are you trying to make an object out of the stroke? maybe just use expand?
>>
How do I break into the design industry?

I'm on the cusp of graduating with a bachelor's and my school apparently didn't prepare me for the professional scene.

Every job wants professional experience, front end and back end coding, autoCAD experience, marketing experience, long hours, relocation and pays $30,000 a year for it all.

And if I wanted to freelance, no one offers more than $100 for 3-7 days worth of work.

What kind of fucking world is this?
>>
>>339774
the wageslave world my friend
>>
Not sure if this is the right board to ask but I'll ask here anyways, I'm trying to export a gif and wondering if I should do dithering or not and what quality to use (bicubic,biliniar, nearest neighboor)
I'm using photoshop.
this is one of the images I will be exporting as a gif (NSFW). https://a.pomf.cat/faonuf.png

also is 4chans filesize requrement still 4MB? the gif without optimization is 4.4MB
>>
How do I "delete" his facial features (Like, only having the skin, slenderman-like)
>>
>>339474
so question, by what order should you use these?
After Effects, Premeire Pro
>>
File: 1526127972548.jpg (126 KB, 500x500)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
>>339474
how would I recreate this image?
wanna add my own face and interest. newbie to any kind of design. i do have photoshop!
>>
File: IMG_1268.png (435 KB, 1024x934)
435 KB
435 KB PNG
Any tips how to makes a tourism site?
What are the maggior errors?
>>
>>340435
Use AE first; After Effects should be used to make segments of the video, and Premier to put those segments together
>>
>>340435
please don't listen to this retard >>341758 who thinks that editing in Ae and compositing in Pr isn't the stupidest thing ever thought. and he even advises you to do so...

Ae and Pr are totally different things.
Pr is your standard non-linear video editing software and is obviously meant to edit your footage.
Ae is used for compositing and post-production in general.
A normal workflow would be
>Edit (and maybe even color-correct) in Pr
>Import .prproj to Ae to fix footage (tracking, wire-removal, whatever), add some flashy graphics/special-effects and final coloring.
>>
Where can I find a free image hosting site that is like imgur but isn't absolute fucking trash?
>>
>>341763
imgbb
>>
>>341765
thanks anon
>>
i have a couple of text frames and images on my page in indesign. what is the correct way to make a fixed spacing between them (for example i want all frames to be 3cm apart).?
>>
>>341837
it's called "gutters". search youtube for "indesign grid tutorial", they explain it
>>
Question for those working in a printing / bookmaking company:

what kind of paper is used in regular, paperback books?

I'm downloading and printing books (when I can't find them used for cheap), but the regular copy paper feels too stiff, it doesn't feel "booky".
>>
>>341898
pulp paper
>>
>>342007
can you be more specific? any brands? stores?
>>
In CSS, is there any way to specify caption/display variety of a font? Apart from specifying it with 'font-family'.
>>
I want to learn how to make infographics. Is Photoshop a suitable tool for that, or should I use something more specific?
>>
Can someone point me to logo design resources that deal more with the technical side (grids, type selection) than with the goal of it? Sticky only has books on that
>>
>>342140
>Photoshop a suitable tool for that
You CAN use Ps but you SHOULD use Ai (or Ae if it moves)

>>342146
>Sticky only has books on that
Then learn to read, is a useful skill in life
>>
>>342146
dealing with logos from the technical side is awful, all you need to read is David's Airey Logo Design Love.
>>
>>342184
>Then learn to read, is a useful skill in life
What?
>>342197
>all you need to read is David's Airey Logo Design Love
I did, along with Logo Design Workbook, that's why I'd like to get more into the technicalities than the "who, what, why"
>>
>>342240
>What?
>I did
Oh, I thought you were complaining about having to read instead of watching youtube videos or something
>>
File: 7kUIX71v8u8cgo1_1280.jpg (116 KB, 726x726)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
f-first time here. I want to learn how to make logos professionally (or at "competent level" at least). Looking in the wikia and catalog I find this >>>342537
ok, summarize:
design 101 - lynda.com (I can't find it, help)
Logo Design Love - David Airey (LibGen, I got it)
typography - https://vimeo.com/15175486 (ok)
watch every video on this channel - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR7tMnKghDs (theres too many, help here too)
ok /gd/, anything else to add or modify?
I promise be a good student
>>
>>342776
I was the one who posted that, just type "lynda introduction to graphic design"
>anything else to add or modify?
have you learned Adobe Illustrator yet?
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (217 KB, 969x864)
217 KB
217 KB JPG
>>342776
You actually read the sticky and followed it.
Congratulations, you are already doing better than most newfriends.
>design 101 - lynda.com (I can't find it, help)
proper name is one-on-one
registration for cgpeers accounts is open next friday (picrelated)
>every video on this channel
this channel gets thrown in here a lot but I wouldn't prioritize that. get some tuts on the basics of Ai, read Logo Design Love for theory and inspo and try doing shit on your own.
the Adobe suite is one of those things that is better learned by experimenting inside (with some tutorials to show you the way).
>>
1st time poster here

anyone knows where can I find basic icons in vector format (like the male and woman icons for toilets) able to be use and modified? copyleft or something like that, ya know

thanks lads
>>
>>342788
freepik
>>
File: 192f2oraip6i4jpg.jpg (43 KB, 800x450)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
Anon, looking all the banners that I created, in the past.. It's just painfull, cringe. In that moment didn't even know things like color theory. Please god kill me

>>342785
>have you learned Adobe Illustrator yet?
I used GIMP to edit photos, make (shitty) banners for my twitch and youtube channel... you know, "normie" things. It's really necessary use Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator? Can I use GIMP and Inkscape instead? I don't have problem installing it, It's just an open source software preference (old laptop).

>>342787
all these Illustrator courses, I got it I got it, Illustrator > Inkscape. searching that for debian

thanks
>>
Does anyone know what version of Corel I need to go back to to avoid this apparently very effective DRM?
>>
>>342866
>got it, Illustrator > Inkscape. searching that for debian
no adobe for debian, you are stuck with inkscape. it's not that it's bad, it's just not as good, there's still lots of documentation on those but less quality tutorials.

>>342875
>Corel
why would you do this to yourself anon?
>>
>>342897
You know how there's some people who get off on getting their balls stomped? Well I like Corel.
>>
>>342912
be quiet you worm
>>
Currently designing a folder for a small company, im working office hours there but they dont have a good printer.

To save printing time and ink I want to recreate that comic style dpi. Any thoughts on how I can do it?

Thanks in advance
>>
>>343249
dpi? halftone? you can change fill colour into halftone in photohsop/illustrator in effects/filter section
>>
>>343250
Ahh yes, totally forgot about that.
Thanks
>>
File: 1526067907197.jpg (66 KB, 715x620)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
Is there a name for this sort of aesthetic?
why was it so popular in the 90s?
>>
File: vertigo.jpg (200 KB, 640x646)
200 KB
200 KB JPG
>>343547
It can be called "Memphis", "Pacific Wave", '80s postmodern. Today most lump it under vaporwave and '90s, but this is kinda vague and misleading.
Basically, this style can be seen as a reaction against the dull, flat, sterile and rigid '70s design (google International Typographic Style). The 2 key influences in this style were Memphis Milano group and San Francisco school (most notably April Greiman, picrelated). It was popular because it was "the next big thing".
Technically, in the '90s this style was gradually succeeded by grunge. But it still lingered for a while, perhaps because the "edgy" grunge style popular at the time was too rebellious and cutting edge, and hardly fit corporate/family setting.
>>
WHY ISN'T ILLUSTRATOR SNAPPING EVEYTHING TO THE SAME FUCKING PIXEL. WHY IS THIS PIECE OF SHIT SOFTWARE SO GOD DAMN FRUSTRATING TO USE. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
>>
>>343949
>"pixel"
try zooming in or holding ctrl/cmd when dragging a point
the rest depends on specific scenario
>>
File: 109723_17.jpg (281 KB, 1400x1027)
281 KB
281 KB JPG
Is it worth upgrading to windows 10 for Adobe dimension?

A better question would be is dimension a good program?
>>
>>343951
never tried it, rather use c4d
>>
>>343949
The more I use Illustrator, the more I'm starting to hate it. I have a perfect circle split into two halves, then rotated by 45 degrees, and then split into half again, so I'm left with half a circle at 40x20 pixels. But now the circle object group shows it's 39.996x20 pixels. WHY.
>>
>>344057
I don't know why it does this, but in your case you'd need 10k resolution to see 1px of difference. IMO it's fine and likely won't matter much, Illustrator is not AutoCAD and since the circle is just 40px, the difference is negligible.
Also note: perfect circle is impossible to do with beziers. It's only an approximation, usually with 4 points, and "The radial error in this approximation will be about 0.0273% of the circle's radius". Meaning, the error can be as big as 0.01px in this case, not 0.004px.
>>
>>344057
It's a tool for artists, not perfectionists. If you have weapons grade autism use proper CAD software for drawing.
>>
>>340405
The Clone Stamp tool is what you're looking for.
>>
>>344057
>>344059
>Ai pixels
wow
you are just dumb as fuck
>>344065
>use proper CAD software for drawing
and a new challenger approaches
>>
>>344076
I found that aligning everything to pixels made SVGs display betters in browsers. Not like you would know my pains, you fabulous faggot.
>>
File: yfmth.png (5.48 MB, 1651x1630)
5.48 MB
5.48 MB PNG
>>339474
is there like a collection of fonts used by scanlation groups available somewhere?
>>
>>344451
Yes. I don't have it.
Wait around for a scanlation thread on /a/
>>
File: Capture.jpg (13 KB, 368x165)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
Not a normal around these parts, but you folks seem like the kind that would be able to identify the font being used on this gunsight on an M60A2 tank. American in origin. Dated from the mid-1970s.
>>
>>344521
Futura Bold
>>
Is there a recommended bitmap editor for android? What about vector?

The play store just has a bunch of silly "collage / filter / lolrandom" editors. Even the photoshop express calls itself "collage maker"
>>
>>344618
I see a similar question sometimes but no real answers. And vector… I wouldn't bet that something like this even exists
Alas, phones are shit for work, and most app makers are too cheap and lazy to do something like this
>>
the photoshop type tool just started selecting/editing type layers located beneath regular layers (like a reverse auto-select). it didn't use to be like this, how do i switch if off?
>>
File: third wurldz.png (7 KB, 320x75)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
FONT ID ?
>>
>>344651
Rolling Stone one should work
>>
what sort of processing did they use on 90s dance music covers
how do i acheive this faded color corrected style?
>>
>>344675
>>
File: R-5071-001.jpg.jpg (9 KB, 300x297)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>344676
>>
File: 1529116679376.jpg (109 KB, 598x601)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>344675
I don't know for sure but Hard Light mode does p. much this. Apply on B/W photo layer put over solid color BG
Alternatively, could use color mode and reverse layer order
>>
Is there a way to make photoshop paste a selection exactly where it was copied from? It always seems to paste at the centre for me, instead of where I want it.
>>
im trying to design an album cover for a personal project, how do i go about making a lay out for it?
thanks
>>
>>344687
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_thirds
>>
>>344686
try ctrl+f or ctrl+v
>>
>>344689
It's ctrl+shift+v but thanks for at least trying to answer.
>>
File: ecsta-02.png (147 KB, 1500x1501)
147 KB
147 KB PNG
I'm working on this shape, and I need all the radiating lines cut or resized so they look like pic related. Right now they're covered by a white solid, but I need it to work with transparent bg. Pathfinder is useless here, btw. tia
>>
>>344784
on illustrator make one circle of the size you want and one of the spikes on top, then select the spike and atl+click the rotation tool a menu will appear set the rotation to a number divisor of 360 (2,4,6 etc) then click copy, after that just type ctrl+d to repeat the proces and use the pathfinder to merge the shapes.
>>
File: CardDesign.png (73 KB, 940x609)
73 KB
73 KB PNG
Is this the correct thread to ask for feedback on Business Card design?
>>
>>346072
why do your text edges look so shit? did you resize the image or something?
in any case this is passable but quite average. you got the basic look and layout down, more or less. I would get rid of shadows around your name/occupation and make the text white to make better contrast. the font you chose is obviously some lame free one, honestly I'd go with something better looking (at least choose Lato or Open Sans). and last, there's a total lack of flair to your card, especially with grey. it's ok if you're fine with it, but if you wanted to catch attention then you didn't.
>>
>>346072
It's like so many I've seen before but worse, a lot worse

Shadow on the text, not even gonna start to go into that rabbit hole
>>
>>346072
>>346088
Also how the hell do you get a curved line so wrong, even MS paint would do a better job than your attempt
>>
>>346076
>>346088
I tried with different ways to get an eyecatching headline and accidentally discovered a cool way to make powermetal logos
>>
>>346090
don't forget you're gonna print that on a business card. read this just in case https://www.creativebloq.com/graphic-design/how-design-business-card-10-top-tips-9134291
>>
>>346090
also, forgot to say. grey is the most drab color you can with. I'd choose some pleasing color that reflects your business.
>>
>>346092
Don't think too much into it.
It was an economical decision.
Eventually I'd get one with colour. most likely a darkish sky blue
>>346091
thanks for the link.
>>
using photoshop cs6, how can I use an .atn script, when I try and use one it only seems to want .jsx, .js or .jsxbin
>inb4 this is the wrong board for this
>>
>>346288
ATN is an action, not a script. Open the Actions panel and select "Load Action" from the dropdown menu
>>
Does /gd/ Linux? Any software /gd/ related you recommend?
>>
>>346314
>Does /gd/ Linux?
not really, you are stuck with gimp and inkscape
>>
>>346330
he can use linux wine + adobe cc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P41yQB1qU8o
>>
>>346331
>Ps CC2018 works fine on wine
Finally, the only Ps that used to run correctly on wine was CS2
You are still stuck with Id CS6 though
And trying to run Ai, Pr or Ae is just a waste of time
>>
I'm trying to paint gray over black with not much opacity to make a smooth trasition. Problem is, my brush can't paint over it if it has less than 16%opacity and if it has, let's say, 17%, it paints as if it was at 100% opacity. If i pick a lighter or darker gray the percentages change but the problem is still there. I tried reseting the brush and PS preferences. Tried other brushes too of course. Tried reinstalling and even using another version of photoshop. So I think it might have something to do with the file settings but I don't know what
>>
>>346334
sounds like you are painting with low opacity black instead of gray (or that you messed the blending mode)
>assuming Ps
create a new layer, pick a nice gray and go for it
>>
>>346335
I painted the dress as black wit 100%, then gray on the breasts with 100% and was trying to smooth out to give the round shape there.
But I'm almost sure there is some techinical problem here.
New layer doesn't work and if just paint over it with full opacity it leaves random patches of unpainted areas. If I release the mouse and paint over again then it does paint the missed patches.
The strokes are also heavily pixelated (and I made sure to uncheck all brush options, select brush and normal mode)
>>
>>346337
>>346335
>>346334
You know what? I just remade it. My round brush is still bugged out but I will manage without it
>>
Is 100% Adobe RGB or sRGB more important?
How important is having 16GB of RAM?
>>
File: id spacing.png (48 KB, 971x565)
48 KB
48 KB PNG
>>341837
use Align, Distribute Spacing

>>341844
if you're using columns and don't care about vertical spacing
>>
>>346359
>How important is having 16GB of RAM?
4gb is enough for Ai, Id and Ps (unless we are talking raster gigantographies here)
8gb is enough for Pr
16gb is enough for Ae and /3/ shit
>>
How can I set the rounded "live corners" on an object like this to all take the full range?

Right now it's limited to whatever the smallest rounding is.
>>
File: corners.png (40 KB, 917x938)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
>>346433
Do the corners individually or in pairs, by using the direct selection tool, and moving the live corner indicator
>>
File: aics_script_roundany.gif (6 KB, 460x325)
6 KB
6 KB GIF
>>346433
fyi the built-in Illustrator "Round Corners" effect sucks (only works on entire paths, and will fuck up your shapes). For better corners that can be applied to individual points, use s.h's "Round Any Corner" script:
http://shspage.com/aijs/en/
lots of other useful scripts here too
>>
What are some fonts that have a good balance of appearing approachable and technical?
>>
File: xZOyeg4.png (207 KB, 596x499)
207 KB
207 KB PNG
how to get this nice painted look?
>>
>>346597
don't know what you mean by “technical”. I guess something like grotesque but approachable? you could try humanist fonts like Frutiger or Myriad; less square grotesques like Lucida Grande; or something geometric like Avenir.
>>
>>346598
watercolor/aquarelle texture + clipping mask
>>
>>346608
thank you
>>
File: image.jpg (1.63 MB, 2439x2735)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB JPG
how the FUCK do I color in inkscape without getting white borders? someone told me the entire point of vector programs is that this never happens?
>>
>>346607
Myriad is played out but I'm stuck with it, fml
>>
hi, I've got a png logo on illustrator, but it's still an image. I can trace it but it deforms too much. Is there a way I can just turn the whole "non transparant" part of the png into an object of some sort?

should be doable right? or cut it into another object?
>>
>>346636
You could go on MyFonts and see their bestsellers for humanist sans. I don't know much but here are some other fonts that come to mind: Proxima Nova, FF Clan, FF Dax, FF Meta (and other fonts by Spiekermann), Anteb.
>>
>>339474
Any screenprinters here? or anyone know how to separate colours from a bitmap for spot process printing? without buying a corel plugin?
>>
>>343558

Thanks anon, I love your explanation.

Got any books or websites you could point me to that helped you learn this history?
>>
>>346718
thank you. I learned most of it from Meggs' History of Graphic Design (it's pretty easy to find online). it's a big book but it has a section on '80s postmodern design and it's not very long.
also, here's a decent (but not great) short vid about Memphis style: https://youtu.be/TCI8lPvr6SM . it should be ok for a quick intro, but it reduces the '80s to just Memphis, while omitting other big influences. also it's pretty shallow and doesn't really explain much about the style.
>>
>>346633
Anyone? I'm still trying to figure this out. All I can think of is to make a fucking layer under it and color it that way, and it defeats the entire point of vector graphics.
>>
File: idk.png (6 KB, 375x138)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
In FontForge, what do the "Continue" and "Start" sections actually do?
>>
File: blendgimp.png (49 KB, 300x269)
49 KB
49 KB PNG
Whats a good free photoshop tutorial series if I'm already an expert gimp user?
>>
>>346793
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBInP0ogzUs
>>
File: 4chan-only.png (164 KB, 254x255)
164 KB
164 KB PNG
not sure if this is the right board to ask but what do you call this style of drawing? trying to find some tutorial but nothing useful comes up on google.
>>
>>346837
>UV Mapping. UV Mapping is the process by which a two-dimensional image is wrapped onto a three-dimensional object.

Is used mostly for games or for cg characters, if you want to paint your 3d model you can also search for zbrush polypaint or mari 3d

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm2qq33nBp4
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQht6S7aWDg
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scPSP_U858k
also
>foundry mari tutorials
>>
>>346844
i know it’s uv. what i meant to ask i guess was that how do so you think the texture itself was created: painted, or real life photo stretched over the uv?
also no zbrush. only blender and gimp.
>>
>>346837
>>346893
>>>/3/ has all the answers you seel on the ancient ways of wrapping/unwrapping textures
>>
>>346894
my fucking question is not about how to uv unwrap
>>
>>346895
it is since that's how that image you posted is generated, usually they polypaint again using mari3d or zbrush and when they unwrap the texture it gets deformed like that, from there a lot of times they retouch it on photoshop but only after its generated and they will never use an existing photo unless its for reference.
>>
Is there any way to change hair color in a real video?
I have blender. I know how to import the file. That's all I can do so far.
>>
>>346939
not sure about blender but usually video editor have a "replace color" tool
>>
>>346939
Get after effects
>>
>>346939
As >>346958 said, you will need Ae
How time consuming it will be will entirely depend on the footage but you will have to create an adjustment layer that changes the color (HLS for example), mask it so that it affects just the hair and animate said mask through your footage.
Again, it depends on your footage but you might be able to create a gradient map (by fucking with threshold, levels and maybe even keylight) instead of going roto-tool or manually animating that mask.
>>
How do I design my portfolio site, especially when I don't know jackahit about design?
>>
>>346733
Cheers mate

I am looking to buy the physical copy now, it looks like a great reference.

Got any idea on whether or not it is worth it to shell out extra cash for the newest edition? I sourced a nice, cheap copy from 2006, but it is 2 editions outdated. Got any opinions on that?

Regardless, thanks for pointing me towards this book
>>
>>346994
Don't know for sure, I have 5th edition from 2011 from libgen.io. You can DL it if you're uncertain about spending on that paper copy.
I made a quick research and from what I see the differences between editions aren't big. The newer editions have added very short new chapters about design for mobile and newer developments in design since 2006. Also they add more chapters about regional design, such as Spain, China, Middle Eastern typography, etc., but to be honest I never was interested in those, and they don't feel essential. All in all the newer material is either short or not very important.
However, I've seen people on Goodreads complaining that the 4th edition was set in sans-serif font, but that's pretty subjective, and I myself don't really care. In case you wonder, the 5th edition is set in serif, and the 6th one is in sans-serif again.
Otherwise, the editions seem mostly the same, some design changes here and there and some different images.
>>
>>346988
You don't.
>>
>>347019
What if you want to learn and then do it?
I am a programmer who want to learn design , I looked at the resources and I am looking at elements of typographic systems and the grid book.
But I still don't have a lot of idea what/how I could do it.
>>
Wasn't sure where to ask this so hopefully this is a good place.
I work for my county's parks and rec department and they asked me to design a logo for the department.
They want to use the design for a sign in front t of the building and possibly t-shirts.
If it's going to be used on a large sign, does it need to be in a very high resolution so it's not upscaled?
I've never done graphic design stuff before so any information would be appreciated.
>>
>>347060
>does it need to be in a very high resolution so it's not upscaled
only if you are working with raster graphics.
you want to do a logo, you want to do it in a vectorial format (use Ai/inkscape).
Vectors can be upscaled and downscaled with no quality loss because they don't hold info of every pixel but of the path from different points. Fonts work this way.
>>
So i just bought MSI GS63
I7 8TH GEN
16GB RAM 2666MHZ
ADOBE ON SSD
NVIDIA 1060 6GB

i moved a large background from Illustrator to photoshop then photoshop died for like 5 minutes. Is it this normal? or my computed is not good enough or phoshotop/illu is just shit

thanks
>>
File: fc5.jpg (89 KB, 1182x966)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>347088
Adobe dynamic link can get buggy sometimes, you shouldn't have many problems if you import the Ai files to Ps instead of just drag n dropping them.
Unless we are talking about truly giant files
>picrelated
The other I can think of is that you might be experiencing overheating issues. That's too much power for such a small machine, you are bound to have overheating problems. Be sure to run speedfan or something to monitor those temps/speeds
>>
>>347097
thanks anon
>>
>>339474
in the font share threads what do the "gett" links mean?
>>
If I am designing a website do I have to include fonts or do fonts come installed in browsers by default?
>>
>>347113
ge.tt
its a file sharing website
>>
>>347134
only a few fonts are included on every machine (called websafe fonts, google it). if you're fine with your website displayed in Arial or Verdana then you need not include them. otherwise, you'll need @font-face
>>
>>339474
How do I turn blank space opaque in Krita? I've literally never used an graphics program before and I'm totally lost
>>
File: 0_68ars4w1lBWjGAcB.jpg (149 KB, 736x1041)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
How do I get into hand lettering?
>>
File: furry trash.jpg (505 KB, 1250x1250)
505 KB
505 KB JPG
>>347216
also need advice on how to copy this guy style, mainly what brushes and textures should i be using?
https://twitter.com/sploggles/status/1020035971730018305
>>
Does anyone have the template etsy uses for prints? Pic related.
>>
>>347254
maybe this one
http://prefiles.com/c9cca155cjql/psd-poster-picture-mockups-5080214.zip
>>
File: Golgott9.png (374 KB, 1326x994)
374 KB
374 KB PNG
I haven't touched 3D for many years (3DS4, 3DSMax 1.0) and would like to put a step back in with Blender.
Does someone got a handbook to recommend ?
>>
>>347302
have you checked the sticky on >>>/3/ ?
>>
>>347018
Thanks for your help, looks like I’ll just snag an older copy!
>>
>>347310
ok thx I read the sticky from /gd/. gonna swip to /3/...
>>
Where do I find someone to make me a logo?
>>
>>347633
you can find them on pretty much every freelancing site, and most of them are affordable.
i used 99designs a couple of times in the past and they are quite great desu. they can be a bit more expensive than other sites, depending on what you're looking for, but the whole process is far more simple than on other websites.
you can also look here, there is usually someone who will give a nice design for a relatively cheap price.
>>
>>347633
what >>347810 said + don't use fiverr unironically
>>
What is better for designing a logo/avatar, Photoshop or illustrator
>>
>>348332
Always Ai for logos
>>
File: [burning intensifies].png (559 KB, 632x767)
559 KB
559 KB PNG
>>339474
Beginner at Photoshop here (and I use the term very generously). How do people get the "shine" effect going on in the attached picture/
>>
I recently graduated college and am searching for jobs. Do you have any advice for someone who's trying to make their resume look more appealing? I was told it looked too boring by some people around me.
>>
>>348340
Thanks so much for that response, I was wondering too.
>>
>>348354
>"shine"
That's called a flare.
In Ps: effect>render>lens flare
but the good looking ones which you can really customize are made in Ae with a plugin calles Optical Flares.

>>348369
>I was told it looked too boring by some people
No one is hiring fun people
>>346857 is the consensus around here of how a good cv looks
Also, lurk moar
>>
File: 20180428_WOC532_0.png (138 KB, 640x462)
138 KB
138 KB PNG
What's the font on the charts from The Economist?
>>
>>348402
It's Officina Sans, but read the sticky next time
>>
Could someone link me to well designed portfolio sites?
I am more of a programmer but have become interested in creating a portfolio site for myself , along with blog. My first attempt at it has been disastrous so I've been reading up on visual design.
>>
Do I have to create a logo for my personal website?
>>
When increasing font size, should I decrease the leading, keep it the same, or increase it? When is 120% auto leading not good?
>>
>>348618
I'd just keep it the same. Just in case I'd check it by eye.
120% is usually good enough. But, judge by eye, if it looks crammed then add more space. Sometimes a font with tall x-height might benefit from a bit more leading, and vice versa.
>>
>>348522
No you do not
>>
>>348480
Thanks
>>
>>348702
Why do people create favicons then?
>>
I downloaded NexusFonts and uninstalled all fonts. When uninstalling, I chose the option "keep file in folder". But now I can't find my old fonts anywhere.

Did I accidentally fully delete them?
>>
Not at all confident in my work; should I go freelance and try to supplement with some shitty part-time retail or still try to apply to agencies?
Any suggested first-job-types I should look for?
>>
I drew something in photoshop and opened it in illustrator to try to trace it into vectors but the trace always makes all the sharp corners of the picture (it's an aircraft) rounded and smooth is there anyway to do a trace that keeps all the sharp angles?
>>
>>348816
try adjusting tracing settings if you haven't yet. IIRC there was a setting for setting more sharp corners
>>
How do you stay on top of design trends?
Is there some sort of reference or site that documents these over the years?
>>
>>348820
http://www.trendlist.org and reading various design blogs/sites
>>
>>348818
Yeah I messed with the settings for a good hour, couldn't get the desired effect so i just re did the drawing in Illustrator so it was vectorized. Whats the main focus for photoshop? Is it just more versatile for art work while illustrator is for more practical purposes?
>>
>>348822
that's unfortunate but sometimes it can be this way. you can try to simplify the shape or adjust angles by hand but otherwise I don't know much else you could do.
>Whats the main focus for photoshop?
that's a weird question. Photoshop is for editing and manipulating raster images—photos, drawings, mockups and pretty much everything else. While it does have some vector tools, it is preferable to use Illustrator for vector because it offers you more possibilities and control.
>>
>>348808
freelancing only works if your stuff is solid
get a job and work on your freelancing portfolio on the side

>>348816
use the pen tool to control those curves
alt-clicking anchor points might also help
>>
hi gd, /ic/ anon here. I was looking to expand my freelance toolkit and was considering gd but everything I read here makes it seem like you guys get paid 10 dollars an hour at most.
Is any form of GD worth it and what sections of GD are best for an illustrator-type artist?
>>
>>348866
>for an illustrator-type artist?
motion graphics seems like a good fit (and it's well paid).
download Ae, and start learning with Andrew Kramer, once you get the basics you can install DUIK and step-up your animations
>>
What's the difference between the X-Height and Capital-Height when the font is only all-uppercase?
>>
>>348903
test
>>
>>348903
Not sure really
But do you mean uppercase alone, or standard capitals + smallcaps lowercase?
also if it's a part of font family, could refer to it
>>
>>348979
All uppercase, like comic fonts tend to do, and they have an alternative glyph on the lower and upper keys. I've examined a few, and the difference is often around 20 between the two measurements.
>>
>>349038
then it's hard to say, but anyway comic fonts are not the pinnacle of typography so I wouldn't care about this. especially if it's a free font
>>
What's the best free software for video editing? I have music, 3d graphics and live footage I would like to put all together in an HD video. Also is this relevant to this board?
>>
>>349046
>is this relevant to this board?
There's no /av/ so yes

>best free software for video editing
DaVinci Resolve is free, and really good (specially for colouring) but it might not be the more beginner friendly of the bunch (nothing than 1 or 2 tutorials won't cure).
In your place I would just pirate an Adobe Premiere and drag and drop all your bits into the timeline.
Don't fall for the Sony Vegas meme, it's not easier, it's just inferior software.
>>
>>339474
how the fuck do I erase part of a drop shadow? everywhere I look, it says to separate the drop shadow from the main layer using

layer>layer style>create layer

but I'm using CC 2015 and it doesn't seem to let me do that
>>
File: apyr.gif (1.29 MB, 636x353)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB GIF
How the fuck do you make this red glowing effect in let's say, sony vegsa?
>>
>>349146
try messing with the red color balance
>>
>>349151
Holy shit I'm retarded, that was so obvious. Thanks a lot, dude!
>>
I got an interview for a prepress job in my city. The guy who interviewed me knows that I have no actual experience with prepress but that I do know how to use Ps and Ai, which is what they were looking for. Now I have a meeting set to do a sort of technical test in using the programs and stuff and I want to be prepared. I've done some research on my own but I havent got good results so id like to know if anyone here with prepress experience can give me some tips and stuff to research on like color separation in Ps and stuff like that, they also use another software called art pro but I havent seen much learning material about it.
I Just want to learn at least the basics of a prepress workflows and printing techniques and stuff so I can perform better at the interview.
>>
File: shirt.png (228 KB, 1418x1417)
228 KB
228 KB PNG
I'm working on a few T-shirt desighns, intended to be printed on multiple shirt's color.

My question is:
Will the semi-tranperent parts and shadows still be in effect? will it add on the base color of the shirt? (Like pic realted).

I'm exporting them as PNG which saves transparency values.
I'm inteding to use Redbubble, and the upload format is png, but I want to make sure so I can use it in my designs.

Thanks!!!
>>
File: stamp.png (36 KB, 703x260)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
How can I create a "Stamp-like" effect for my font, like here?
>>
>>349385
The easiest way would be to clip it the a distressed layer, or rasterize type and use a mask and a urban brush
>>
File: reply or your mother .jpg (1.16 MB, 1500x1173)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB JPG
Hi, folks. I just- I don't know where else to take this question. Ok, it deals with fonts. Can a font like pic related exist? Like, could I install it and simply begin typing and it will automatically look all gold and shiny? Or would it instead look 2D or, at worst, be just an outline, and then it's up to me to somehow dress it up like that?

Sorry in advance if my question seems incredibly stupid.
>>
>>349398
not a font per se but you can make/download a project/action that applies the effect to an editable text.
>>
>>349400
Thanks, kindly. Any idea where/what I should search for? Also, can this functionality be loaded into Adobe Photoshop?
>>
>>349402
https://www.freepik.com/free-psd/text-effects
https://design.tutsplus.com/articles/20-cool-photoshop-text-effects-actions-styles-for-2018--cms-30903
>>
>>349404
awesome and thank you very genuinely, anon
>>
How hard is it to photoshop a piece of paper onto a person? So that he/she is basically holding the paper like in a timestamp pic
>>
is there a way to achieve the imperfect/analog edges like this image?

see how the font is a little squiggly. kind of like ink bleed i guess youd call it.
>>
>>339474
Hi /gd/,
has anyone worked selling stickers online? Not looking to make this a main source of income, but curious how profitable it could be as a little side business. I'd appreciate any advice about self-printing/printshop or Redbubble or Stickermule. Thank you very much in advance.
>>
>>339476
>99designs.com

outsourcing killed design jobs in america. fuck that.
>>
>>339774
>What kind of fucking world is this?

its the wonderful world of globalization. outsourcing keeps wages low. the same $40/hr project states side will only cost $7 in india and elsewhere. best to change careers.
>>
>>340375
you only need dithering if your image has gradation. if its all solid colors then turn it off. bicubic is the most accurate but takes longer to save.
>>
For PS you have Gimp. For IL you have Inkscape What are the free alternatives for AE and PR and are they decent enough?
>>
>>349562
for PS you have PS
for IL you have IL
dont pay for stuff when they make it so easy to get it for free
>>
I need some help with Photoshop CC 2018 on Win10
Basically you know that when you select something, the dashed line that defines the selection moves
Well on my computer it moves very slowly, while on tutorials I've seen on YouTube it flows quite smoothly.
What's the issue here?
>>
>>349566
I know, but for a business it's too risky. I could get fined for over $100k and have it all shut down by the BSA.
>>
>>349567
Bump
>>
How do I GIMP a dick into someone's mouth?
>>
File: Untitled.png (261 KB, 1522x754)
261 KB
261 KB PNG
just downloaded Illustrator and I want to make a custom vector for this gengar. I've spent all day trying to match outlines, merge shapes, and use the pen tool but it never seems right. Is there an easier way? can someone recommend some tutorials for illustrator in general?
>>
>>349688
have you tried to simply select the raster image, then click Trace Image?
>>
>>349689
oh wow it was easier than I made it out to be I guess. T.Hanks
>>
File: 1.png (70 KB, 1172x632)
70 KB
70 KB PNG
>>349689
also how would I go about removing the shadows/black parts? simple trick or import it to something else and do it manually?
>>
>>349692
live trace it with several colors, then select everything but the outline and delete it
btw, VectorMagic has is better for auto/tracing than Ai
>>
>>349692
click settings icon (to the right of Preset: [Default])
choose preset with color and adjust number of colors
>>
File: 14407531.gif (1.96 MB, 600x600)
1.96 MB
1.96 MB GIF
Is there a name for this effect? How would I go about replicating it?
>>
Can you think of ideas of what to do to learn to use photoshop a bit? Examples (that I’ve done): calendars, lists

I’m a beginner obviously
>>
How do I recover Photoshop's temporary auto save files after it deleted them?
>>
File: atata.png (11 KB, 210x93)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
quickest way I can make the background of a bunch of images with text transparent?
I have like a hundred i need to do
>>
How do I make a grid like this in GIMP? I can make a grid but I don't know how to make it extend to infinity or be in this perspective like this
>>
>>350143
a) go to Filters > Map > Map to Object. In Options tab, tick "Tile source image" (be aware though that seams might occur). Go to Orientation tab and adjust Rotation values (Z first, other if desired).
b) simply make a large grid and use perspective transform
>>
File: perspective grid.png (432 KB, 640x640)
432 KB
432 KB PNG
>>350143
>>350144
forgot image
>>
>>350144
When following the steps and selecting OK, Nothing really gets added to the imagine, and no change occures. Obviously Im missing something very basic... What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>350148
OK just in case, so that we're on the same page: first you make a layer with a grid (Filters > Render > Pattern > Grid), then you select this layer and apply the filter. did you do everything in that order?
>>
>>350150
Yes, and still nothing happens, oddly
>>
>>350150
>>350150
NVM it worked...
>>
Can I make digital art using inkscape if I have never drawn anything in my life before?
If not how do I get started?
>>
>>350165
this is a vague question. define digital art. Inkscape is for vector, usually not that many use it for painting
>>
File: flamingo.png (157 KB, 1382x742)
157 KB
157 KB PNG
I outlined a feather for a custom vector and did the stem/spine second. The stem is currently just the middle piece which is unclosed. I want to merge the two but keep the white middle because I'm gonna have to copy and paste it a lot. Is it possible to do this?
>>
>>350221
I dunno, why not copy the middle then group
>>
>>350221
select both paths
window>pathfinder
not sure what is exactly that you want but one of those 8 should pull the trick
>>
>>339474
how do i make this effect or at least how its called? please
>>
>>350246
noise
>>
this is probably a retarded question but,
is it fine to use real company logos and products for practicing gd and using it on your portfolio anons?
>>
>>342058
font-weight
>>
As a new graduate from a graphic design course, what the fuck should I do to build the skills and portfolio so I can have a paying job?

Should I just keep creating fake posters,logos, borchures and Tarpulins?
>>
File: WgtbDVe.png (120 KB, 1920x1080)
120 KB
120 KB PNG
How would I make this background in photoshop?
>>
>>350724
Recreate the 4 main squares
Create a pattern
Create a background with a gradient matching this
Create another layer, fill with colour add pattern over lay, add gradient
Turn fill down to 0
>>
>>350686
Literally spend the next few days listening to videos by The Futur.

I've had two jobs as an in-house graphic designer and I owe pretty much all of my professional knowledge to that channel, as i've never been to school and am self taught.
>>
File: comp.jpg (576 KB, 4394x918)
576 KB
576 KB JPG
How can I make the Audi look like in the style of the BMW? The one on the right is as best I could get it. Should I try taking the picture with headlights on? Flash on/off?
>>
File: 5a27af16e746b.jpg (244 KB, 800x572)
244 KB
244 KB JPG
Riddle me this.
>>
How do you get work starting out as a freelancer?

I live pretty much in the middle of bumfuck nowhere and I don't have a car so it's hard to get work in-person. Online, I see some sites where people request work but the pay looks ass
>>
>>350833
Can barely read the text. Maybe add some blur to the image?
>>
>>350926
Either tell me how to do that serpent's text effect or be mute. Yes, I am this rude to you.
>>
>>350959
wew lad, such edge, such little knowledge
there's no magic "serpent effect" button
that's a custom typeface
you either find it or recreate it
and you've been spoonfed more than you deserve
>>
>>350965
Why do you even bother replying? If you don't know how to create it then stop.
>>
>>350970
ow the edge
how's school anon
>>
File: line.png (9 KB, 795x677)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
why do my lines in illustrator look all fuckd up? im using the 5pt round stroke
>>
>>351048
could be that you set variable width profile
if you did, set it back to "uniform"
>>
File: CS5.jpg (19 KB, 468x339)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
Should I upgrade my Photoshop?
I am currently using "Photoshop CS 5 Extended". Which I believe must be at least 5 years old, or even more. I have been using it for a while and I'm pretty comfortable and happy with it. My question is, do newer versions of Photoshop offer anything special that my version doesn't have, and am I missing out on any groundbreaking new tools?
>>
>>351161
Only innovation I can think of that you are missing is Content-Aware fills.
You also have less crappy effects which shouldn't matter and I don't remember how good was CS5 when working with smart objects but "better handling of smart objects" was advertised as a feature on several CC releases.

Oh, and that panel (I can't remember the name) that let's you have several instances of the same project, sounds like a good idea in theory but the only time I used it, it got kind of confusing.
>>
Does /gd/ also allows video editing discussions?
>>
>>351271
In the past people were fine with that. I think there's no other board for that, and it's relevant to the topic, so you can go ahead
>>
>>339474
Do colleges teach you how to use all the graphic design programs or do you study it yourself? I'm thinking of going to college for graphic design soon and don't know if I should start studying now or wait until I have to study whatever I'm going to learn in class.
>>
jesus christ almighty can someone anyone anywhere explain to me how to crop an image in Illustrator CC 2015
>>
>>351553
edit>artboard
>>
File: Ld0l315[1].png (606 KB, 1317x680)
606 KB
606 KB PNG
My magic wand tool has fucked up seemingly over night.
In the document I'm working in, it acts like it has anti-aliasing turned off.
In test documents, it's leaving behind some shit.
I've reset preferences, reset tools, and this issue is persisting over two different versions of photoshop. I have no idea what is going on.

If I have a image which is just a big soft black brushstroke and try to select any of the black with the magic wand, it'll select the entirety of the document, regardless of tolerance. This only happens if the rest of the layer is transparent, though.
>>
So, not strictly a drawing, but a design question
I'm trying to come up with a written system to make a type of ''idea map'' where I lay down thoughts and mark the relationships between them
It helps me map out a situation, and how to procede to attain an objective, or see how everything is relationed
I want to make it really compact and intuitive, but I realize I know jackshit about using visual cues to transmit information
There's gotta be a book that talks about that, but I honestly can't seem to find it

If anyone knows something about this subject, transmiting clear information with anything you can draw on a paper
>inb4 words
on a visual way, you'll be of so much help
>>
File: bulge-01.png (21 KB, 600x600)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
I am wondering about the best way to make an image look as though part of it were under a magnifying glass. I know I can just warp something under photoshop, but that doesn't seem to work so well. Is there a better way?
>>
>>351637
Not exactly what you want, but try Blur Gallery -> Tilt-Shift
>>
File: Capture.png (14 KB, 693x693)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
Designed a logo for my Garden Machinery company.

Why is it so bad? How do I fix it and make it good?
>>
Is knowing how to draw good neccesery in graphic design world? i just bought new graphics tablet and learning beginner stuff
>>
>>351674
You should know how to mock-up shapes and draw up very simple concepts at the very least, but no need to actually be good at it.

Knowing shading and perspective is quite important imo, so I'd focus on learning that first.
>>
Has anybody ever tried using one of these? Need something portable and can't afford a tablet
>>
>>351674
>necessary
not
but it's an invaluable skill that will make your life a lot easier and your work a lot better.
maybe Loomis and shit is a little to complex to begin with but at least take a look at the basics of character construction with Preston Blair or something cartoonier and simpler.

>>351680
no idea, maybe >>>/ic/ knows more about it.
I had a Genius tablet long ago though and it was the absolute worst.
>>
File: 1535993570197.jpg (101 KB, 1200x675)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
Web designer bros help. How do you guys go about hosting clients websites?

Should I host them all in one plan with unlimited domains? Should I charge them yearly?

Or should I just help them get their own hosting? The problem is that most of my clients are not tech-savvy at all so they may just look for another game willing to host it for them.

The problem with the first one that everyone point out is that if something were to happen to the website, people will call me. Which happened to me only once. (but it wasn't even my hosting, they were using their own) But hasn't happened to me much at all and I could charge them.

I think the best option is always ask them if they want their own domain and hosting, and if they want me to handle it. I'll just host them.
>>
>>351694
Why don't you

ask your friends

over at redit?

faggot
>>
>>351694
I thought the idea of you controlling the web domains is that if they want more work done they'll come to you, and if they go somewhere else you be arsy and don't give out user and passwords, well that's my understanding of web designers
>>
File: 1445782621589.png (127 KB, 209x363)
127 KB
127 KB PNG
I'm sure this question has been asked numerous times here, but I'll go ahead with it. With a graphic design degree and a few years experience in the field, can I use this knowledge in any other field that pays more and is more future-proof? I'm toying with getting into interactive design, but I was wondering if anyone know of any other outlets that I could use the skills learned in graphic design in.

I sometimes feel like I made a fatal flaw in pursuing this career...
>>
File: latest.png (215 KB, 640x1003)
215 KB
215 KB PNG
>>351973
>interactive design
UI design seems nice (I know nothing about it though)

Motion graphics are an easy transition from regular /gd/ and it usually pays better.
>>
File: table.png (12 KB, 1055x681)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
is it possible to resize tables in indesign cc normally, like you resize everything else ( click and drag the blue border with the select tool)?

idk what im doing wrong, surely it cant be this difficult
>>
Any not poor fags have a copy of the After Effects extension Motion 2?
No way in hell im paying $20 for a damn extension
>>
>>352177
>calling plugins extensions
You can find it on cgpeers but I would stick with the graph editor in your place, more control of interpolation and less "let's move this slider and affect something I won't be able to control in the future"
>>
File: a3226599443_10.jpg (337 KB, 1200x1200)
337 KB
337 KB JPG
How to produce this bleed effect?
>>
Any MacFag can post a zip with all the fonts included in the system with the latest update? Or at least the San Francisco font, please.
Thanks in advance.
>>
>>352181
that, my friend, is pixel sorting.
You can find a processing script there:
http://kimasendorf.tumblr.com/post/32936480093/processing-source-code

You can also try the wind effect on photoshop. its shitty but it can get somewhat close
>>
>>351674
graphics tablet aren't that important if you ask me, just git gud with photoshop/illustrator for a start
>>
>>339474
Im studying GD because its easy but somehow I fucked up and failed all my courses except the easiest one

thats it basically, how do I not do that

I am dumb and I have ADD and I know Im not the only one here, how did you do it?
>>
>>352188
>http://kimasendorf.tumblr.com/post/32936480093/processing-source-code

absolute legend, thanks.
bleed effect wasn't the right name to google with so I wasn't getting anything.
nice dubs btw
>>
File: girl with rose_final.jpg (5.79 MB, 4860x3241)
5.79 MB
5.79 MB JPG
Any critiques? What should and shouldn't I do?
>>
>>339547
Doesn't the pen tool in Photoshop have a freeform path option? Or is that not what you're looking for?
>>
>>352232
>5.79 MB
how about compressing it
>>
I have a really weird and degenerate question, also I'm sorta new here so sorry if 1. This is the wrong place and 2. if I'm too much of a weird autistic fuck
anyway, how would I make a picture of an anime-like character phatter in photoshop?
>>
>>352300
thanks for being polite even if you are just trying to create pics to fap to
if you mean fatter, use the liquify tool (google dat shit)

>>352232
>>>/gd/crit
>>
>>352186
Please?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.