[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/gd/ - Graphic Design

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • There are 96 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: CRIT-01.png (37 KB, 1600x1600)
37 KB
37 KB PNG
previous thread reached bump limit

old: >>338330
>>
File: otm.gif (29 KB, 800x500)
29 KB
29 KB GIF
for a motorsports podcast
>>
>>343726
I like it. Style-wise no complaints. My little gripe with it is the extended font that makes the logo look too long
>>
File: buttercup.gif (2.09 MB, 600x495)
2.09 MB
2.09 MB GIF
>>
>>343726
I really like the 90s vibes in this logo. Keep it up!
>>
What do you think guys?
>>
>>343747
not much to speak of. the green stripe looks out of place IMO
>>
>>343747
You might want to look at this first anon
https://material.io/
>>
>>343726
Very nice!
>>
File: Insta3.png (1.49 MB, 9000x9000)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB PNG
Those are just free time projects
>>
File: Insta2.png (2.97 MB, 9000x9000)
2.97 MB
2.97 MB PNG
>>343760
>>
File: IMG_20180529_143927_369.jpg (419 KB, 1080x1350)
419 KB
419 KB JPG
>>343760
>>
Which one is better?

>>343723
>>338330
>>
>>343747
Looks good, I like it. Lose the border on the button, and make the border on the input field lighter.

>>343748
>the green stripe looks out of place IMO

That green stripe clearly represents that the Sign In tab is currently active. The absolute state of /gd/....
>>
>>343786

I improved it. What do you think?
>>
File: 1528580567744.png (2.94 MB, 10000x10000)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB PNG
Our logo for the /vg/ divegrass competition
>>
>>343763
Hi Kanye West.
>>
File: 1.png (214 KB, 3387x1512)
214 KB
214 KB PNG
Reposting from the personal logo thread, rate this unkempt look
>>
>>344060
It's a bold logo so I can only hope it fits what you do. I'd expect something classical, personal and hand-made from this
>>
>>343799
Looks better! Although I think the entire thing is too large. Also, the social icons are too small compared to the rest.
>>
>>344060
I'm guessing it's a image-traced form a handwriting, right? try smoothin the edges using warp-tool. It's quite hard to read imo
>>
File: 1522560506225.jpg (161 KB, 839x1708)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
>>344062
>personal and hand-made
Ohh you fuckin know it, mate

>>344064
By smoothing the edges, are you talking about the wonky edges of the text? I've been thinking of getting rid of it entirely, so thanks, man.
>hard to read
I think it has something to do with the letters themselves, too.
>>
>>344064
>>344068
Just fucking realized how stupid my first question was, ignore that.
>>
File: image:11222.jpg (838 KB, 2277x2404)
838 KB
838 KB JPG
>>344060
really like this. Wish my sig could be done like that.

Thus is for a family biz. Just sketches it today and am not done; so any kind of crit at thus stage would be helpful to me thank you.
>>
File: cards.png (548 KB, 1332x785)
548 KB
548 KB PNG
I'm more of an illustrator than a designer, but I have to finish this project I started:
How can I improve this font?
Also I have no experieince with Illustrator and I'm having a hard time moving the "artboards", since they bring the titles from adjacent cards with them. How can I get around this?
>>
File: soul-readings.jpg (1.31 MB, 1654x939)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB JPG
>>344106
you can lock everything in the artboard then use the artboard tool and drag as many copies as you want and it shouldn't move anything.

for the font maybe increase the vertical size only (height) and leave more white space in the sides even if it means reducing the size -pic related
>>
File: 1b.png (90 KB, 3387x1515)
90 KB
90 KB PNG
>>344062
>>344064
>>344099
Updated version, how does it look now?
>>
>>344106
say hi to Brooks for me
>>
>>344099
If that's the whole logo, that's way too complex. The acorn is too tiny, the details are too fine. You have to adjust the scale of elements so that you don't have to peer to see everything.
This is more like an illustration than a logo. If you look at it like an ad on a full page, it makes sense. But when I look at it from thumbnail, I see huge hands, then a small plant, and only if I zoom in I can notice that there's a tiny acorn there, and the plant is in fact a small tree.
Just read this https://www.davidairey.com/what-makes-a-good-logo/ . Check every point made in the article.
>>
>>344107
I've been duplicating artboards, and I'm afraid some titles are on the wrong artboards... is that even possible?
>>
File: resume-comparison.jpg (476 KB, 1999x1214)
476 KB
476 KB JPG
Can you guys critique my resume? I'm trying to go for a layout and appearance that stands to the recruiters. Which design would you prefer?

I'm also having trouble formatting the "experience" section.
>>
>>344144
sorry but why on earth make it black? yeah it "stands out" but in a bad way. just inverting the colors looks way better to me.
also, to be honest I didn't immediately get the drawing on the left is the same plane as on the right. maybe put them on the right page together, to show sequence and communicate what you do? the right page is virtually empty anyway.
also, your contacts are shoved at the very bottom like an unimportant information. IMO they should be made bigger and easier to find.
and "to make a good layout that stands out" is p. much what designers do. I guess you either ask a designer to do it, or go with something tried and safe. I can give failsafe tips, but for anything more you need actual skills
>>
>>344144
also, regarding the whole format. right now, and all the sections seem randomly placed. this is quite tiresome to navigate and you could even miss some information. I suggest aligning them to something more traditional, this way it will be much easier to navigate. I also think sticking with a constant format would make things easier to read and less messy. right now, you place the text in bottom/left/right position to the section title, and it's disorienting and needlessly informal.
>>
File: HaroldCrick-01.png (3.97 MB, 2700x2700)
3.97 MB
3.97 MB PNG
Some fake album art, is it shit? It is suppose to be a beat-tape inspired by the scene from Stranger than Fiction where Harold Crick thinks the manila envelopes sound like the ocean. Idk if that is too much of a stretch, but let me know what you think please.
>>
File: 1529018197796.jpg (403 KB, 2550x2550)
403 KB
403 KB JPG
>>344150
here's what I'd do (excuse the poor crop, green lines for reference). put the thumb right at the center, basically. ideally, I'd make everything align to something, and leave a margin at the right where the stripes meet the edge.
otherwise, with such a small composition, you have to think harder at every detail. first off, what is depicted here even? the meaning feels vague, other than "I pick tropical vibes". why the hand is blue? does it express anything? hardly so. second, these stripes feel more decorative than anything, so they weaken focus and thus the impact of the cover. third, the realistic pattern is clashing with the "flat" and geometric feel of the cover.
>>
>>344146
>just inverting the colors looks way better to me

I'll keep that in mind.

The one on the right is a remake of the one on the left. I wanted the feedback before I put all the text on it.

>more traditional alignment
>constant format, more ordered
>clear spatial relationship between the header and the text

I appreciate your critique. It was actually way more helpful than the responses I got in the engineering thread.
>>
File: HaroldCrick-01-01.png (767 KB, 2700x2700)
767 KB
767 KB PNG
>>344153
Thank you for feedback, I played around with it and came up with two different ideas. I know the colors are still a little wonkie, but it goes with the idea of oceans and manila folders. (I think) let me know what you think
>>
File: HaroldCrick-01-02.png (762 KB, 2700x2701)
762 KB
762 KB PNG
>>344159
version 2 without the hand
>>
File: 51pajG-b1TL._SL1000_.jpg (47 KB, 1000x1000)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>344159
>>344160
OK so the layout looks better. But overall it still needs work IMO.
I was meaning to ask before, why is the folder so huge compared to the hand? I didn't even get what it was supposed to be from the first cover, I mean. It's not a manila 'envelope' but a folder. These 45º degree tabs look GIGANTIC, and why are they stacked? And putting the folder on a side is even more confusing. They're commonly depicted with tab facing top. All this makes the meaning easily go over someone's head.
The second one however works pretty well because there's no tiny hand (which served vague purpose anyway). It's a simple and powerful juxtaposition. However, again, I'd make the folder more recognizable. And stylistically, make things consistent. I mean, if you reduce the folder to just 1 geometric shape, do the same with the ocean. If you go with something realistic, do the same with folders.
>>
File: ocean manilla 3.jpg (63 KB, 519x519)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>344159
>>344160
this is what I'd do with the same objective
>>
File: ocean manilla 5.jpg (35 KB, 519x519)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>344159
>>344160
another example, playing on idea of "sound waves = ocean waves" to tie the concept together
>>
File: logo.jpg (44 KB, 595x605)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
Made this logo years ago for a app that works sort of like a shop. Is bad, but my boss like it. What arguments can i use to convince him to change it?
>>
>>344205
>>344196
>>344189
Thank you for your feedback, it means a lot. I get what you are saying now about the stylization being consistent throughout the cover. I was wondering about that when I put the waves in the background. I like your idea of having the envelope on the bottom opening up to the ocean. I might have to do a spin on that. So thank you anon.
>>
>>344209
no problem. your work looks interesting. I suggest you read some books from the sticky.
in short, try to integrate everything as much as possible, and make the meaning of every single element clear. this way the design will feel like a whole and become much more powerful.
>>
File: rpc logo.pdf (39 KB, PDF)
39 KB
39 KB PDF
Ignore me
Just using this thread so I can cross link to >>>/x/20956272
>>
File: Untitled.png (650 KB, 1865x1801)
650 KB
650 KB PNG
Am I stupid or something, or blind? I like these but all of these were rejected. It's for an instagram post, I did the bottom two after they said the top two weren't professional enough. After showing the bottom two they ended up just telling me to just change the text on an older design I did weeks ago. Are they really that bad? The blue dot is where the logo is supposed to be.

Context: I am doing an unpaid unofficial internship for a university language club (because it's better than doing nothing all day while trying to jobsearch). I haven't done graphic design for a year, just illustration. Graphic Design is not my passion (despite the bachelor) but finding illustration work is difficult.
>>
>>344535
Forgot to mention, I didn't actually show them the bottom right design because I didn't like it and didn't know how to get it to look right
>>
>>344535
No, they aren't bad, I really like the first one.
>>
>>344535
Both top left and bottom left look good enough to me
>>
>>343761
>>343760
type is garbage
both look like you installed photoshop a day ago and looked up edgy glitch tutorials idk how you can post such shit on instagram
>>
>>344535
It's ok, but I think it's not enough for Instagram. It looks like a flyer: no photos, over-decorated and with a cookie-cutter feel. Everything feels like something from 2008. I'd expect current year-style photograph with a personal feel + minimum of text.
But it depends on what EXACTLY they want. If you didn't ask them then this is the problem.
>>
>>344546
>>344541
>>344537
I'm glad to know i'm not crazy and there's no massive dissonance between what I see and what the audience sees, that's good to know. And thanks for the feedback. I didn't ask them what they wanted in terms of style so you're right. Maybe I'll do that first next time.
>>
>>344564
it's not just style though, it's important to learn everything they want from you beforehand because no one is a mindreader. ask questions—what exactly they want to achieve, what's the auditory, do they want the work to be serious or less formal, and so on. you can also ask them to show something similar that they have in mind—what they count as good design, something they want to look like, or what they had before. so, narrow it down as much as possible.
then if you present them your work and they don't like something, you can return to the initial conversation and explain how you did exactly what they asked for. this way you also prevent the situation in which they will ask for a million changes and try to design your work for you.
>>
>>344567
Thanks a lot, that 'million changes' thing has happened a few times. They ask for a piece about once a week, usually designed to be a facebook post or cover photo, should I ask these questions before each project?
Btw thanks, I was coming back here to ask what specific things to ask but you answered that for me
>>
File: BHaul.pdf (451 KB, PDF)
451 KB
451 KB PDF
This is my third logo, but the first payed one. My uncle has a moving company and he needed a rebrand. I'm gonna submit these 4 variants but I need advice from my fellows gd/ists.
Be tough but be just.
>>
>>344573
obviously you should ask at least once. after that it depends, but given your previous history I'd ask every time just in case.
first, make clear who in particular will approve your work and have the final say on it. try to reach out to them directly. ask about the target auditory—who are they, what matters to them, what's their relation with the uni/club. also, learn about the club itself and what image they want to project, like what words do they want people to associate with it (like 'modern', 'traditional', 'friendly' etc). wouldn't harm to ask if you have to follow any identity guidelines (if they have those). and I'd revisit the issues they had with your previous work—try to understand the underlying reasons exactly they wanted something changed.
if they don't define the particular message for some post, then you'll need more answers. try to understand the underlying goal of the post—not just literal message but who it will be directed towards and so on.
>>
>>344575
first 3 are shit because way too complex. last one is tacky but at least it's simple. why it looks like an egg and sun I have no idea
read Logo Design Love if you haven't yet
>>
>>344206
it's not recognizable, the symmetry is off, and it looks like the pepsi logo emoting. Not memorable at all. good luck anon.
>>
>>344575
pretty much this >>344578

Start from scratch, there is nothing to save here.

Also
>We take care of your loads
Are
You
Fucking
Serious
?
>>
>>344575
I like the truck design. I think the font needs work. the lower-right is crap.
>>
File: dosboxhero2.jpg (3.77 MB, 2000x2000)
3.77 MB
3.77 MB JPG
Got an idea for a vaporwave style album cover. This is the first in-depth project I've done, would love to get some feedback.
>>
>>344694
the idea of juxtaposing grid with greek statue in space is ok but very shittily executed. the grid overlay is visibly crappy and barely follows the shape of the face, obstructing and clashing with it. the scale of detail in general is completely fucked, the grid is way too thin and fine for a pattern going through the whole cover. the text is too tiny and the font is shit. the sides look empty. neon text and outline look like GIMP. there's an awkward feel of dissonance to it—the back is a photo, the head is a photo but the grid is solid color line. all in all it has a "going nowhere in particular" feel
>>
>>344575
>we take care of your loads
please fucking go with this
>>
>>344694
"in-depth project"

Well, disregarding the complete lack of originality.

>Too dark
>Too grainy
>Text too small
>>
>>344694
>>344849
To elaborate on this, it needs more contrast. Just look at the thumbnail on here, you can barely even see any of the details of the album cover.
>>
File: pagoda.png (218 KB, 3878x1598)
218 KB
218 KB PNG
center sun
offcenter sun
or no sun
>>
>>344905
the one with the sun but make the torii shrine darker and place the calligraphy characters in the middle of the triangular shape and make them white also there's no need for the three rectangles below or the dark red arc thing.
>>
>>344575
This looks very good to me, the empty truck suggests that you are prepared to take my load. I'm clueless about GD, but I don't think it's that complex and I like the first one. I guess the printing on the truck pushes it too far.
>>
File: preview.jpg (2.93 MB, 1600x1600)
2.93 MB
2.93 MB JPG
Which layout looks better? first 3 vs last 1.

Also of the first 3 which is the best color grading?
>>
>>344985
forgot to link the album:

https://imgur.com/a/iV6zyi0
>>
>>344985
depends on what you want. last one is more dynamic.
however as a whole, I wonder about the design decisions. the cover looks more like a poorly cropped photo than album art, because many elements are cropped or near the edge, and their placement looks pretty thoughtless. the tiny butterflies are barely visible. the handwritten font looks out of place here—is that supposed to be a nod to futuresynth? it's not working with a serene, soothing picture and butterflies. that tiny text on the car looks like amateur design. also if you zoom in, the butterflies look fake as all fuck because the lighting on them is completely unrealistic.
>>
File: 79.png (59 KB, 1000x604)
59 KB
59 KB PNG
here's a poster i made for a thread asking our favorite font.
>>
>>344991
do you even flush left ragged right bro
>>
>>344992
say what.
>>
File: 20180627_122635.png (417 KB, 478x430)
417 KB
417 KB PNG
It's for a clothes distributing brand, i have no idea what im doing.
>>
>>344991
Looks like trash. Abdicate yourself of opinions on fonts.
>>
i am a total beginner in the art world! really total newbie! please tell me what you think of the website i made for displaying my art. (i scratched out the letter that identifies my name but I still want you guys to see what I'm going for, so if you guys do identify me please dont like ruin my life im new to 4chan)
>>
File: loli catgirl neo.png (1.08 MB, 858x734)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
How do I improve my fash/vaporwave?
I kind of like the look of it, but it doesn't really feel that vaporwave to me. Why not?
>>
>>345011
honestly its because there is too much black and the color scheme lacks cold pastels.. anyways why the FUCK do you want to do that vaporwave?? its tired and stupid, this is already so fun without the seapuke nonsense!
>>
>>345014
>honestly its because there is too much black and the color scheme lacks cold pastels
Yeah I see where you're coming from.
>anyways why the FUCK do you want to do that vaporwave?
I want to make this a sticker because I'm tired of seeing every lamppost plastered with antifa shit, so I need something very visible even against a backdrop of already eye catching stickers and it made sense sine this artstyle is already connected to the message.
>>
>>343747
I think the shadow is proportionally too small
It feels as if the login window is so high off the backdrop that I could turn and rotate it. It makes me want to look underneath it. Could be really satisfying if it was animated such that it turned over revealing the next window underneath.
>>
>>345020
>Could be really satisfying if it was animated
Fucking stop. Who pushed this retarded trend of putting as many arbitrary animations on a webpage as possible? Granted this is from the perspective of a consumer peon, but I feel that It's inefficient and downright insulting. I'm not going on a website to sit mouth agape and watch keys be jingled in my face.
>>
File: opera opera.jpg (1.21 MB, 1447x2048)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB JPG
>>
>>345009
Ur site looks like a 6 year old girl got a squarespace promo code.
>>
>>345026
I love this one, so much! Better to me that all the other nonsense I see here.
>>
>>345022
i agree. slows down the page too, loading wise
>>
>>345028
really? thank you
>>
>>344989

https://imgur.com/a/bWgl1DP

Ok new set I updated the lighting on the butterfly's and moved the text.

Not sure what you meant about things being poorly cropped, I guess the car maybe, it's in it's original position?

the handwritten text is a nod to the video.
>>
>>345022
thank CSS3 and material style with its "every element morphs into another"
>>
>>345026
text looks separated from the background
text looks to squashed with no real style
text to close to the edge
you are missing a s off presents and a the at the beginning
>>
>>345026
not sure if "bad on purpose" or just bad
work on contrast if you want it to be read
>>
>>345028
because you're probably 10 years old, or retarded, probably both to be fair
>>
File: procrastination.png (118 KB, 588x590)
118 KB
118 KB PNG
This is for a tattoo design. I know it looks bad, but I don't know why and I don't know how the fix it.
>>
>>345047
>how the fix it
How to fix it, I mean.
>>
>>345043
>text looks separated from the background
it's supposed to
>text looks to squashed with no real style
what?
>text to close to the edge
it's supposed to be
>you are missing a s off presents and a the at the beginning
when there's more than one you say present
>>
>>345049
oh you are one of those
why ask if you can't be told anything
>>
>>345050
can i help it if you were wrong on everything?
it is present
>>
>>345052
ye i can agree with that, i didn't see the &
>>
>>345053
and it's meant to be seperate that's why the background is a little blurred and there's a very small drop shadow. and re text too close to the edge, i can't believe i have to say this on this board but haven't you heared of swiss design?
>>
>>345047
a tattoo of a clock?… I don't know what to say really
I'd warn you that circular text is always awful to read
>>
>>345049
if you were going for lofi design style, it's not lofi enough and looks like simply shit
if you weren't—well see above
>>
>>345054
it's poorly executed
>>
>>345054
>i can't believe i have to say this on this board but haven't you heared of swiss design?
haha oh fuck
please show me Swiss design where type barely has contrast and is overlayed on image. shatter my worldview please
>>
>>345058
calm down all right i meant swiss design uses text right next to the border all the time
>>
File: josefmuellerbrockman2.jpg (518 KB, 1000x1411)
518 KB
518 KB JPG
>>345059
I can't tell if you're sarcastic or not. if not, examples pls.
>>
>>345060
he will have an excuse for everything just let him carry on
>>
>>345055
The text is really the most important part, I tried to build the rest of the design around it. I don't know what else to do with it besides the ring and the clock. Back to the drawing board I guess.
>>
>>345062
OK do you do it for yourself or for someone else? That's quite long line to fit anywhere and the message is kinda weird to put on a tattoo
>>
File: e_r_4.jpg (59 KB, 610x441)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>345060
>>
>>345064
but yours is still shockingly bad
you do know you have to be good to pull off a crap design
>>
>>345063
>OK do you do it for yourself or for someone else?
Myself.
>That's quite long line to fit anywhere and the message is kinda weird to put on a tattoo
Yeah, that's understandable. It's for my own benefit, but I'd like it to actually look good.
>>
>>345066
Perhaps if I have it just as a helix wrapping around my arm?
>>
File: ruder style 2.jpg (189 KB, 724x1024)
189 KB
189 KB JPG
>>345064
well, now were talking. you were replicating Ruder, ok. except, do you see the difference? first, there's just typography there, white on solid black. look at yours—not only there's an image that VERY poorly meshes with it; you also basically obstruct that lady with black text. second, what about the hierarchy and axes on Ruder's poster? even if you make it B/W (picrelated), you still lack that axis in the middle.
>>
File: emil-ruder-posters.jpg (45 KB, 450x640)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>345064
you also could work better with that descender of a 'p'. but really, it just needs axis, perhaps a central one, which you lack
>>
File: AleGre 2.jpg (594 KB, 4167x4167)
594 KB
594 KB JPG
>>343723
For a digital marketing agency
>>
File: opera1.3.jpg (393 KB, 1447x2048)
393 KB
393 KB JPG
>>345068
i wasn't replicating ruder. actually i don't like swiss style, i was just explaining my putting the text like that. and the background is a wallpaper sample i had on file so i just used it as wallpaper, viz i wasn't worried about obstructing anything.
>heirarcy
first sensible thing you've said. but listen, i don't subscribe to it all that much. peter mendelsund - know him? - said the eye saccades around the page, mostly the important thing is to dramatize.
>>
>>345066
ok I don't really know what to say. I know some people want long tattoos with 3-4 words, but I don't know about a whole big quote, especially inspirational quote about procrastination of all things.
it's really a special case of "graphics", tattoos are their own laws, so it's hard to advice because I know shit about them. maybe ask /fa/ or someone else
>>
>>345072
do you have a set direction or not? your typography is very basic and boring, it's literally just text set to left/right/whatever. despite you say otherwise, your work is literally like Swiss typographic poster except with no hierarchy and no real computation/grid put in it. so in other words: it's just text.
you put a "wallpaper" in there and think it's enough to make things more interesting, and in the meantime you badly break a few rules which I don't think you know how to observe. such as, "don't just put text on image randomly, and care about contrast/visibility". in result you just half-ass the rule.
having a white box around text work at least. this could work but if you work on the background
>peter mendelsund said
do you have knowledge of GD or not? just basing your method on one quote isn't gonna work. especially when there's nothing "dramatic" about your work, and it looks nothing like his work
>>
>>344127
use indesign
>>
>>345032
The second one is best but it's still not quite there.
>>
File: opera1.4.jpg (2.73 MB, 1447x2048)
2.73 MB
2.73 MB JPG
>>345074
>your typography is very basic and boring, it's literally just text set to left/right/whatever
that's silly, work doesn't get better with more obvious technical achievements. and there's too much talk about typography in general, i have 7 typefaces i stick to. i do use the grid though (but not muller brockmann's there are a lot of mistakes in that book).
>this could work but if you work on the background
unfortunately the client already accepted the other poster.
>do you have knowledge of GD or not?
i should hope so. i don't really have anything to fall back on, except my dad's business.
its not 'one quote' its an idea. look at paul rands work, he never focuses on heirarchy really, he has something to catch your eye, then puts the relevant information in as a sort of secondary thing.
>>
>>345083
>and there's too much talk about typography in general, i have 7 typefaces i stick to.
typography is not just "picking fonts". it's about hierarchy, legibility, composition of text, and many other things. of course you can avoid it but learning it will make your work look more professional.
>but not muller brockmann's there are a lot of mistakes in that book).
really?
I'm sorry but you sound like someone who didn't read any textbooks on design, and generally doesn't care about the theory behind it. design doesn't end with Paul Rand, and it isn't just "intuitive" stuff and "shooting from the hip", so good luck with that rockstar attitude.
of course it's up to you what you want to do, but I just wonder why get defensive and argumentative about your work if that's just "your style". or why post it at all.
>>
>>345083
read a book, put some text on a page, look mom i'm a designer now
>>
File: opera1.5.jpg (1.51 MB, 1447x2048)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB JPG
>>345085
>typography is not just "picking fonts".
well that was more of a sidenote. actually there's been no great revolution in typography in the sense of more beauty or great readability in the last lets say 75 years. you really have to introduce words as imagery otherwise it doesn't mean enough, it's too familiar.
>of course you can avoid it but learning it will make your work look more professional.
i learnt it, i wish i was ignorant of all the rules but believe it or not i'm going to school for this.
>really?
yep there are. speaking of paul rand, he says so as well in his conversations with students book.
>design doesn't end with Paul Rand
course not, though he was very probably the greatest of all designers.
>good luck with that rockstar attitude
this is just common sense.
>why get defensive and argumentative about your work if that's just "your style". or why post it at all.
well why get rude in your criticism? i posted it to see if anyone saw something i hadn't considered
>>
>>345087
look at a girl, put some ink on paper, look mum i'm matisse now
>>
>>345088
I wasn't rude to you, someone else was
in any case I see now that you were totally serious with that "I'm above the rules" attitude. I think replying to you was completely pointless after all. You talk like you know better than anyone about design. So you can forget what I said.
>>
>>343799
this looks better for mobile, the previous one looks better for desktops
>>
File: a09889457.jpg (82 KB, 790x395)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>345090
>I see now that you were totally serious with that "I'm above the rules" attitude
really everyone is.
>You talk like you know better than anyone about design
sorry if i said anything out of line
>>
File: nickland.png (64 KB, 596x842)
64 KB
64 KB PNG
>>
>>345026
I thought you were trolling at first when you posted this, but after all your replies... yeesh. I think simplistic could have worked very well here, but the composition is poor. The blurred background image makes it hard to read, and seems like a small image blown up too much. Perhaps zooming out to show multiple balconies could have worked. No matter what, the composition of the wording needs to change.

This is very poor. I'm shocked you might be legitimately defending this. Even though the client has accepted it, you should go back and play around with this. You could improve it!
>>
>>345088
paul rand is overrated desu.

that said, he is still a very good designer. what paul rand was in addition to being a very good designer, was an at least passable artist. that is what his work was about. he did not adhere to strict to hierarchies because he approached it as one would approach a painting. and there is a way and mindset to approach a painting that one can only get from painting alot. do you paint alot? because if not then trying to copy rands methodology wont get you anywhere but mediocrity. the grid isn't a containing rule. its a helpful guideline. da vinci used grids in his paintings as did basically all renaissance painters. there is a math to this shit that is inescapable. artistic intuition is just what happens when this methodology is ingrained inside your brain, it isnt ignoring the rules altogether
>>
>>345095
capitalist here. fuck you
>>
>>345098
also modernism is naive crap.
>>
>>345095
i like it
>>
File: glutcover.png (3.04 MB, 1275x1650)
3.04 MB
3.04 MB PNG
made this as a cover for a zine. i never actually finished the zine or the cover, it was meant to be full of images. but ill probably never go back and finish it if im being honest with myself so it stays like this
>>
>>345099
*cuckitalist
>>
>>345106
>>345103
go back to your tumblr pls
>>
File: frankwas.png (96 KB, 1240x1754)
96 KB
96 KB PNG
the text is just misspelled stream of conscioussness
>>
>>345108
im not with the tumblr liberals either. there are real radicals out here, though not many of us comparatively. the tumblr liberals and scaaary antifa trashcan tippers you think are crazy in your head, are actually much closer to you than they are to me.
>>
>>345102
I like the "dingbats", even if you can kinda tell the font (agent orange or something? idk). you should change the font and color in the left corner tho. even as 'post-whatever', red yellow and black is just an irreconcilable trinity.
>>
>>345071
might be stronger without the black outline The digital agency typeface seems out of place/basic.
>>
File: mobile copy 2.jpg (213 KB, 750x1624)
213 KB
213 KB JPG
Design for an anime steaming app. What do think
>>
>>345119
Nice layout in general but the text is much too small for one handed devices.
>>
File: template.pdf (548 KB, PDF)
548 KB
548 KB PDF
I'm working on a layout, designed for A4 with a 10mm margin. Looking for any and all feedback but especially the following areas:

Vertical spacing of header text "You're waifu a shit..." from the border frame and to the first items.
Left spacing from the margin to the left column images.
Left spacing from the gutter to the right column images.
Indents of all paragraphs, particularly the right indent of the right column.
Vertical spacing from the bottom items to the border frame.
PDF included, CC *.indd in link:
https://mega.nz/#!0YcDkCZC!TYA0EqnngQTm_BkSiIS23zHEjYw5qi5RF88vMl_XJEQ
>>
File: preview.png (226 KB, 604x852)
226 KB
226 KB PNG
>>345145
A4 10mm margins.
Gutter 2mm.
Frame to header (You're waifu...) vertical gap 2mm, to first item vertical gap 2mm.
Border frame to left image 1mm.
Right column text frame to border 1mm.
Column text indents 4mm left and right.
Bottom item to border frame 2mm.
>>
File: matisse rosary chapel.jpg (48 KB, 643x428)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>345098
he isn't overrated. i think in this century he's received something less than his due.

yeah i do paint. that's my vocation, i do a bit of graphic design for a living. BUT, i think you're wrong about that. do you suppose he told all his students at yale, oh i can't teach you anything unless you're painters? you mean he thought it was no different from painting (or sculpture or printmaking, et al). and the point of the grid is to not come out of it. there's no reason to. it gives you order & lots of variety.
>as did basically all renaissance painters
all draughtsman in general would.
>there is a math to this shit that is inescapable
michelangelo dropped that though, especially after the reformation, and relied more on imagination and inspiration.
>artistic intuition is just what happens when this methodology is ingrained inside your brain
art historians of the time thought rembrandt hadn't grasped 'our rules of art, such as anatomy and the proportions of the human body' because he wasn't interested in refinment in the italian manner.
shakespeare didn't follow the rules of drama (the aristotlean unities), if he even knew them. he cared little or nothing for rules, just as every great genius in every great art has cared little or nothing for rules. picasso said beginning with van gogh we are all, in a measure, autodidacts and no criterion can be applied to an artist a priori, since we don't believe in rigid standards any longer. not that i'm comparing myself (or paul rand) to picasso/rembrandt/michengelo/shakespeare but you see what i mean
>>
File: preview 2.png (226 KB, 602x848)
226 KB
226 KB PNG
>>345148
Sorry, I do not mean to spam, but "Error: You cannot delete posts this often."
-> Header text + Image rows distributed to selection.
-> Left margin to left column image 2mm.
-> Right margin to right column text frame 2mm.
-> Column text indents 2mm left and right.

I am done for the night and look forward to your scathing criticisms. がんばって!
*.indd: https://mega.nz/#!IJMzQArY!Av9PURhfPwHfz8rvpgbLIV2OaPZ3qEVvKojpZd2Hxto
>>
File: opera s.jpg (1.68 MB, 1447x2048)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB JPG
>>
>>345047
I have a little experience with tats. Circular, close text is very likely not going to turn out well unless it's a relatively large tattoo, too big for lower arm at least. Even if executed correctly, ink is gonna spread over a couple of years and that text is gonna look pretty washed out and even more difficult to read that it already is.
>>
>>343867
is that comic sans?
>>
>>345110
amazing
>>
File: Not as large scale1.jpg (1.12 MB, 9999x4376)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB JPG
been working on this randomly here and there for what feels like forever. What are some tips to make it more beautiful?
>>
>>344998
nope, can't see shit, use white instead of black
>>
>>345413
you need to completely change the layout, it's just so cluttered i can't tell what I'm looking at, a colour palette change would probably help too
>>
File: Not as large scale2v1.jpg (980 KB, 7673x3067)
980 KB
980 KB JPG
>>
File: Not as large scalev2.jpg (590 KB, 9999x1364)
590 KB
590 KB JPG
there i made it more selective and non-overlapping, unless i can get a good reference for revamping it ill keep the current color
>>
>>345475 >>345475
Generally I hate this style of infographics. Am I supposed to recognize every silhouette here? I don't recognize the names either, so I wonder why there are no clues as to where these buildings come from. Despite I have seen a lot of the movies mentioned here, I had no memory of Republica 500 and stuff like that.
I guess if you're a die-hard sci-fi movie fan, who remembers a ton of quotes and stuff like that, then maybe going so abstract is okay. but otherwise, not so much. I get that this is a "style" of infographics, but these buildings are not immediately recognizable, and the silhouettes look boring and vague. it's simply not entertaining. in the end it works only to compare heights of fictional buildings, which is pretty autistic if you ask me.
>>
>>343749
Whats this website for?
>>
>>343799
How are you making these anon?
>>
File: Untitled-4.jpg (6.84 MB, 9999x1364)
6.84 MB
6.84 MB JPG
>>345481
you're not the demo stop being so useless

>>345475
this is the colour scheme i'd go for & i don't know how attached you are to the typeface, i know it suits the theme but it's ugly af
>>
>>345492
holy shit anon, thanks so much. Just this edit shows me how powerful and easy it can be to transform something to me infinitely more digestible and appealing. I will edit it again and this time probably the last time since to be honest this simple image is taking up too much time. The typeface also was shit and I know because I made it. I'll switch to something much nicer to look at.

>>345481
thanks for the feedback but youre a fag
>>
>>345492
if you're not in love with the texture you can save it as a png and save a ton on file size. pngs are great when you have large areas of pixels with identical color. they work well with color indexed images as well.
>>
>>345507
yeah i used textures without thinking, i'd reccomend doing without
>>345503
no problem. and re the subheading (all described measurements...) i'd put that in small text in the top left of the 1km box
>>
>>345508
i think a repetitive texture can be compressed fairly well. as long as there's a pattern that can be detected it should be okay. randomly generated textures don't usually have enough of a pattern to compress effectively.
>>
Made this for a local toy company. I like how it turned out.
>>
>>345532
makes the rainbow colors more pastel or easter-eggy so I can read it better
>>
What do ya guys think of my photoshop work
>>
>>345632
the edges are too sharp, it's obvious that it's digital.
>>
>>345633
It's supposed to be a minimalist style design
>>
>>345635
I mean that if you emulate print, at least make the edges slightly rugged. don't just overlay semi-transparent layer on a texture, it looks amateur and obvious that it's Photoshop. ideally, create a bump map from texture for the paint layer.
>>
>>345218
I like it. Do you have any variants on it?
>>
>>343726
fpbp
>>
File: 8cece6f-1.png (1 MB, 2000x2000)
1 MB
1 MB PNG
Thoughts? Criticism?
>>
File: 1c.png (85 KB, 3591x2032)
85 KB
85 KB PNG
>>344109
Alright mates, last update, give me some critiques.
>>
File: Values_a.png (66 KB, 564x742)
66 KB
66 KB PNG
Doing some work for an ngo focusing on watershed and flood plain management. Any feedback? Cheers
>>
>>345719
Looks mid 2000's to me, not a huge fan desu
>>
File: texturetest.jpg (3.86 MB, 3576x3576)
3.86 MB
3.86 MB JPG
>>343723
Need some help doing textures that look effective/not like shit. Here's a quick example of the textures I can currently create, I'll post an example of what I want to create after.

Any feedback about how to make better textures is appreciated!
>>
File: 150706_r26722.jpg (170 KB, 727x769)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
>>345765
Now in that example I'm going for a construction paper cut-out type thing, but I'd rather be doing something closer to the subtler textures in this illustration (but in photoshop.)
>>
File: IMG_20180708_165512_305.jpg (2 MB, 2000x2000)
2 MB
2 MB JPG
I still have alot to learn about making my design look like it's distressed and old.
>>
whatya think
>>
>>345779
Very generic imo, reminds me of the java logo which makes me think it has something to do with software development. However, the design itself lacks any reference to whatever it is the logo is for.
>>
>>345779
Looks good IMO, but reminds me of Fliboard a bit too much.
>>
>>345779
s looks weird big
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (9 KB, 422x250)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>345779
>>
>>345796
Lava’s Hot

Spread the word to mankind. They need to be informed of this.
>>
File: ls.png (123 KB, 600x500)
123 KB
123 KB PNG
>>345779
Not a bad concept, I would probably change it to something like this though.

Rounded out the edges
Easier to read font that looks a little more interesting
IMO better spacing of the mark

But that's just me though.
>>
>>345653
looks to crisp and sharp if youre trying for vaporwave or something
Give it more blur or glows
>>
>>345847
This is definitely way better than my attempt, thanks for the feedback, i'll remember them for future projects.
>>
File: Core Values Final.png (118 KB, 860x994)
118 KB
118 KB PNG
>>345719
Here's the finals. Hit or miss, but I like some of them anyhow.
>>
>>345859
What you need is consistency.
In one icon you use tons of gradients, the other one is fully flat, then one is slightly glossy.
Make a decision please
>>
Any thoughts on this potential logo?
>>
>>345957
How am I supposed to pronounce this gibberish word?
>>
File: Hooké-Clothing.jpg (298 KB, 1024x706)
298 KB
298 KB JPG
>>345957
the concept has potential but it looks amateurish the line artwork is not very consistent, the goats anatomy is awful, the mountain seems out of place and there's too much empty space, also the company name seems a bit disengaged from the logo, I would suggest you to sketch it on paper doing small variations also get reference images for the mountain and goats.
>>
File: logog.png (5 KB, 195x120)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
i posted here a while back. ive decided to abandon some of my later versions and goback to one of my first for this logo for a cleaning company. how'd i do?
>>
>>345964
it's ok, I'd get rid of pale green BG
>>
File: Capture.png (54 KB, 642x859)
54 KB
54 KB PNG
>>345859
>>345861
Alright, unified and minimalized them a but. Hopefully this works better.
>>
>>345964
What is that even supposed to be? looks either like an eyeball. What does that have to do with cleaning?

>>346103
Not too bad, still a bit rough imo, but if that's the style you are shooting for it's alright. Hands looks like arse though, it doesn't represent collaboration at all, rather looks like they are fighting eachother for something.

Don't really think "diversity" comes through in those leaves either, I mean, it kinda does but at the same time not, you know? Would personally rework the concept of that one, but you do you man.
>>
>>346104
>>345964

its a G and also a leaf you mong, Green Cleaning?
also logos dont need to be literal.
>>
>>346110
I can’t see a G at all. I see a leaf after you mentioned it, but it’s a bit of a stretch. You’re right that logos don’t have to always be literal, but if you’re going for nonrepresentational you need something more visually striking and memorable.
>>
>>346110
>its a G and also a leaf you mong
No it's not. Learn to draw, you shithead.

It's terrible every which way, even the fucking color and name is shit.
>>
File: logoset 4.png (9 KB, 329x329)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>346115
its simplified and uses negative space, if you google leaf vector you get similar results. not my fault youre blind as shit because of your extra chromosome
also
>implying i can choose the name

this isnt a fucking high school assignment you fucking zoomer you have to be
-----> this tall and make this much money to talk to me about shit. from the way you sound youre all the way

-average income

- below average

-really below average

-living in your moms basement

-over here so why dont you sit down, shut up, and let the grown ups talk okay?

>>346113
okay i reworked it and made the g alot more obvious. do you think its going in the right direction? i agree that its missing a punch. ill have to keep working on it. any suggestions
>>
>>345653
Doesn't register as a playstation game.do what the other anon said and add grain, then either center the title on the bottom, top, or down the middle as a scroll.
Also needs a development company logo in the bottom right corner.
>>
>>346104
>it doesn't represent collaboration at all
not him but it took me a while to figure it out.
The hands are forming a swan if you look at the negative space in the center.
>>
File: clean-and-handy.png (51 KB, 700x528)
51 KB
51 KB PNG
>>346122
>>346124
different anon here
how long have you been making that? I think for 2 weeks, right? have you read Logo Design Love ? have you done any brainstorming/mindmapping? have you searched Google for "cleaning company logo"?
all in all I see you toying around with letter shapes and that's it. it's pretty ineffective IMO. maybe try communicating the 'cleaning' part better. for example with a swoosh or something like that. if it's "eco-friendly", then add the leaves.
>>
>>346124
>this tall and make this much money to talk to me about shit.
If you are taking this fucking long to figure out a simple logo I can tell you aren't even making enough from gd to pay your rent lol. And you are right I don't do gd for a living, I'm a cobol programmer and you'd probably pass out if you knew what that meant for my paycheck.

I did work for 4 years as a webdesigner/dev/gd though, and not freelance like you are probably fucking around with. What are your credentials, aside from the shit logos you've posted so far?

Also fucking learn how to use negative space would you?
>>
>>346124
Them fucked up curves tho
>>
File: Untitled-1-01.png (23 KB, 600x900)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
>>346124
I know you are trying hard anon and keep going. I made you a logo that you can use if you want to.
>>
>>346124
>acts like the Prince of Negative Space
>didn't even use the circular space in the middle of the letterform
topkek
>>
File: giphy.gif (7.02 MB, 640x356)
7.02 MB
7.02 MB GIF
>>346124
>post in /crit/ on public anon board
>get harsh but fair crit
>get butthurt because realise he's a talentless hack
Damn, reality comes at you fast, huh?
>>
>>344106
something about this project seems off and kind of tumblr too me. Sorry but I can tell you draw a lot of influence from there. If these are your drawings the only one I like is "The lovers" the rest are shit.
>>
>>346157
Fuck this guy. I guarantee he can’t draw.
>>
File: IMG_20180712_171431_106.jpg (1.76 MB, 2000x2000)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB JPG
I'm looking at the flaws I know the UP is real shit. What do you think?
>>
>>346166
Not sure about halftone outline versus solid letter on “UP”.
At first I was confused seeing weird “dents” on shapes. Then I realized these weren't dents but white outline on white BG.
Can you show a version without any outlines/shadows on “JUST” and “UP”? I think you went a bit too far with them.
Also, you have vintage kind of lettering here, then this wild gesture kind, then again vintage but with a halftone. This is 3 different styles, and it's a pretty bad mess.
>>
>>346179
Trash bruh. I hope you’re just trolling because otherwise the shit attitude just amplifies the shit work and you’re not gonna get much better at this. If this is client work, you’re better off claiming the dick logo above as your own creation and calling it a day.
>>
File: logog6.png (14 KB, 234x269)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>346131
youre a non designer in a /gd/ crit thread asking for my credentials? lmao you're completely irrelevant and virginial dont talk to me

>>346132
i guess. i did it in like 5 min to get an idea out

>>346141
them fucked up curves tho

>>346151
>not knowing the principle of fucking with letterforms as little as possible

>>346153
no butthurt here. responded to inane non-crit.

>>346130
i definitely did not work on this for 2 weeks, i put it off until yesterday. i did all of those, but i re-skimmed logo design love and took another look at other examples of cleaning logos. i didnt want to follow their examples because most of them look gaudy as fuck and overly complicated and i wanted to keep it simple and modern. heres another working concept i came up in the meantime. do you think this is a step in the right direction? anymore suggestions? im stuck on leaving the blue as it is or making it look more "watery" and also debating on if i should leave the stars or take them away or replace em with dots like in your pic. ill work on it
>>
>>346181
Garbage...

Everything you do looks amateur as fuck and it reeks of someone who doesn't sketch on paper first. Unimaginative use of shapes and colors, and you keep forcing it into a deformed "G" and leaf.

Brainstorm up a new concept, because you obviously don't know how to make this one work.
>>
>>346181
>youre a non designer in a /gd/ crit thread asking for my credentials? lmao you're completely irrelevant and virginial dont talk to me
I'm not doing gd anymore because it's shit hours for shit pay. When you move out of your parents basement you might understand that.

Hit me up when you make 130k a year doing gd, bitch. COBOL is the fucking shit.

Also, your "design" is still shit. Learn to draw, faggot.
>>
File: glxcln.png (29 KB, 1549x978)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>>346181
>do you think this is a step in the right direction?
I think yes. I like that it's more meaningful and expressive. Here's an idea I have had, kinda similar. Letter resembles a swoosh/cloth with a small sparkle on the end.
>anymore suggestions?
rest depends on what the company is about and what they wanted the logo to be.
>>
>>343799
> If it were me
I'd bring the shadow forward a bit. Makes it look like it's really high off of a surface when it clearly isn't
>>
>>346195
fuck this gay earth
>>
>>346195
that looks great. well, better than anything i came up with for this imo. can i ask you what you did to do that?just play around with the points in illustrator/indesign? also what font? i think i might do something similar but i might just do the entire name.
>>
>>346223
>pretends being a professional designer
>asks how to do the most basic shit
>>
>>346228
>gets roasted on a mongolian basket weaving message board
>time passes
>still being butthurt about getting roasted

the absolute state of you. go talk to a girl or at least go outside, man. all that anger aint good for you
>>
File: G4cu.gif (890 KB, 540x290)
890 KB
890 KB GIF
>>346229
>still butthurt about being called butthurt first so he fires back with calling someone else butthurt
At least I know how to use the pen-tool. And you keep using "virgin" and "go talk to a girl" as an insult an awful lot. It's almost as if you are projecting some of your own insecurities.
>>
>>346181
The white contrasts everything else too much, and is a constant distraction due to it.
>>
>>343726
Very nice, incorporates everything in a sleek style
really like the way it looks like a circuit.
>>
File: Screenshot (9).png (629 KB, 807x509)
629 KB
629 KB PNG
front of a business card
amidoingitrite?
>>
File: conscious4-1.jpg (3.69 MB, 1890x1890)
3.69 MB
3.69 MB JPG
first of all im utter garbage
trying to make glitch art influenced album cover. Genre is dark and experimental electronic with harsh noise so I'm trying to take some influence from that sound style into the design. Please help it not suck as much. I feel a need to get it a bit cleaner and stand out better without taking away from the distortion. Also im very not thrilled with the bottom third but really gunning for this vision of a noisy, grainy, and incomprehensible bar straight across the bottom, but looking for something a lot more interesting
>>
>>343726
I love it, very Wipeout/automotive, but I actually don't know what it is
>>
>>346481
the most right text looks awful imo - maybe try working with different colors / fonts.
>>
>>346481
awkward layout. the texture doesn't belong here. choose one style and stick with it: either hand-drawn, classic or modern—not all 3 at once. pointless to give more advice unless you settle on what you want.
>>346483
just google “glitch art tutorial”. also, that floating colored text looks absolutely awful.
>>
>>345026
you cant print tho there is no bleeds
>>
>>346481
No
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (769 KB, 680x773)
769 KB
769 KB JPG
help me, gimme ideas and feedback
>>
>>346554
have you read Logo Design Love? what's the context of the logo?
>>
>>346554
seek other employment
>>
>>344985
The main one you posted is really nice. Love the type, but you could experiment is being placed somewhere else. The butterfly colour scheme is satisfying too, glad you didn't add colours other than those on your palette. Maybe you could add 2 more darker shades to your colour palette to make the car and perhaps the guard rails in the background subtly pop a bit more (Maybe a dark brown or dark grey. Or try colour picking from the wing in the lower left corner for dark reds, if you add some of those colours to the car I think the car will become more of a subject, because at the moment only the taillights feel like they exist.). Really looks nice anon, don't stop developing it
>>
>>346554
ljubi te brat ovaj oivičen je najluđi
>>
>>346555
that's the problem tho, the context of the logo is pretty vague and bland.
>>346558
I know it's bad you edgy fuck, if I knew it was good I wouldn't post here like you talentless fuck. thanks for the reply tho fag, really nice community you're building here.
>>346565
hvala braticu moj
>>
File: Screenshot (16).png (23 KB, 815x528)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
>>346503
How about this?
>>
>>346569
>that's the problem tho, the context of the logo is pretty vague and bland.
…but how can we help with this? try to learn what the client wants, this is like step 0 of design. if it's impossible, at least give that 'vague' context
>>346570
more unified style-wise, but you need to make the text bigger and bolder. unless you want it all serious, adding some zest wouldn't hurt.
and I'm not really certain what that drawing is supposed to mean, that you're an artist or an illustrator?
>>
>>346570
i dont understand why you would put your crappy drawing skills on your buisiness card and not just use vectors

also your layout is still shit. you can reduce the images and make the text much bigger
>>
>>346573
I just made a few drawings when i was bored and thought it might look nice
>>
>>346576
wow. this is really bad then. I assumed you wanted to make it obviously about illustration. if that's not the case, then it's just pointless.
what do you want the card to communicate? you need to do it better. if that's hard to express, at least go with something neutral/generic or copy other cards. at least don't put your doodles on it.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.