[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/gd/ - Graphic Design

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • There are 5 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

4chan Virtual YouTuber Contest Final Round - 4chan Pass users can now vote on one of the top 20 entries!

File: 1538726584294.jpg (50 KB, 332x328)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
When did you realize that graphic design is all about tricking other people into thinking you're putting effort into your work while in reality without all the bullshit the actual work takes like 15 mins most of the time?
>>
A few weeks into my hobby work

It's a win-win situation though, often times I'd try to "be fair" and actually put time and effort into a few quality propositions, and then throw in a few last minute concepts I put literal seconds into, only for the client to love the no-effort ideas and BTFO all my hard work
>>
File: 1476760149965.png (454 KB, 523x692)
454 KB
454 KB PNG
>>352082
>and then throw in a few last minute concepts I put literal seconds into, only for the client to love the no-effort ideas and BTFO all my hard work

summarizes the majority of logo work I've done
>>
File: 2c4.png (310 KB, 427x576)
310 KB
310 KB PNG
>>352077
About the time when I realized in salaried full-time in-house positions, there is no reward for working harder. The harder you work, the more workload will be placed upon your department by naive higher-ups. You're not being paid any more, nor will you earn any significant raise.

You have to work smarter.
>>
>>352138
So much this.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.