[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/h/ - Hentai

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: E_J5zLIUUAAcASR.jpg (170 KB, 1228x868)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
Previous thread: >>6335888
This thread is for discussions about commissioning artists through platforms such as Fantia, Skeb, Pixiv, and other similar sites.
The majority of artists who use these services are Japanese, so if you want Western ones, it would be better to look elsewhere.
Feel free to ask questions and recommendations for specific kinks/fetishes.

Fantia Commissions
https://fantia.jp/commissions/
These commissions are reserved for supporters but artists may allow those in the free plan to request too.

Skeb
https://skeb.jp

PixivRequest
https://www.pixiv.net/request
>Help! I can’t request R18/R18G because of my payment method!
Change your UI language to Japanese, and you should be able to.
>>
File: 1631706900628.jpg (64 KB, 600x848)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>6382181
it would be against their rules. you can try 1.5x their standard amount.
>>
anyway to be able to use the suggested price for a request after canceling an order from the artist without having to wait or get a request accepted with the increased price?
>>
>>6382596
make a new account
>>
>>6382596
>>6382601
New account won't work if you're using the same credit card or something that connects it to the original. I'm assuming they use IP tracking too. I tried making multiple accounts for one artists and it wouldn't work, so it's something they're connecting. The sad part is the artist had no idea there was a penalty (I PM'd him about it) and would have lifted it if he could. A lot of these rules should be optional for artists, and not mandate they all have to deal with them. Many artists don't know that them declining a picture for one reason or another can potentially penalize the requester with a price increase on future requests. This is what makes pixiv better, on top of the lower base prices. It's too bad it just doesn't work for us westerners.
>>
>>6382879
that penalty is a setting that artists can turn off.

> It's too bad it just doesn't work for us westerners.
what's the problem, can't request R18?
just change your ui language to japanese
>>
>>6382887
They can turn it off but it's not as obvious as it should be. I talked to an artist about it in twitter DM's and he ended up making a public tweet announcing he had no idea it did that to some people he declined and apologized, since he only usually declined stuff because he didn't understand them,
>>
>>6382889
oh yeah, I don't disagree with you abut the UI of the site, it needs improvements. That's probably why they said the next big update is an overhaul of the whole site layout.
>>
>>6382892
Some users who live in the same country and city have some differences in UI too. Some of my friends have a text box called "references" to separately link references in, so the damn URL's aren't taking up half of their limited characters. Me? I don't, just cuz. I only have the normal description box and I have to link it all in their.
>>
>>6382919
It pops up depending on what you write. If it's not there just type URL or reference.
>>
File: AG_FINAL.png (725 KB, 956x676)
725 KB
725 KB PNG
>My Two Month deadline commission lapses.
>Artist apologizes on twitter for ~reasons~ and anonymously begs me to resend the request
>He accept my new requests
>Its been two weeks now

Don't tell me this Homie is going to make me wait another two months again, you should be apologizingly fast laning my request

Pic unrelated from a Mexican Artist
>>
I have two questions about pixiv. What are the accepted payment methods I can Use for R18 if I live outside Japan? Can I open a fanbox if I don't live there?
>>
Is there a Skeb app?
>>
>>6383253
>What are the accepted payment methods I can Use for R18 if I live outside Japan?
credit/debit cards

Can I open a fanbox if I don't live there?
I think so
>>
>>6383256
you mean for the phone?
no
>>
>>6383265
Is paypal available too? I remember it had some kind of rule for r18 things
>>
>>6383345
It's available too. I don't remember if you can use it for R18. you can try I guess.
>>
>>6383256
let them fix their website before an app.

And afaik per someone in the previous thread, its better for skeb not to have an app so that the puritan bloodhounds wont attempt to oegally shut it down
>>
Not seeing an artists request queue on skeb can be pain, I wish I was a more patient person ha.
>>
>>6383902
The lack of information always sucks for commissions anywhere. You never know if you're week or two pending requests is due to the artist busy with others or because they're currently not actively taking requests. Patient or not, it's a terrible feeling having to dedicate an amount of money to something and not know if you're going to get it. What if another artist you like opens up? Do you cancel this one for them or continue waiting? More feedback would help.
>>
>>6384205
I have this one artist whos completing time is 120 days and claims to be always busy but never seems to close his commission request window
>>
File: dogslap.gif (1020 KB, 400x229)
1020 KB
1020 KB GIF
I commissioned another artist out of rage when the first one politely rejected my request
>>
>>6382570
Is OP’s pic an commissionable artist?
>>
File: 90753096_p0.png (1 MB, 1228x868)
1 MB
1 MB PNG
>>6384544
yeah, his skeb is closed at the moment
https://skeb.jp/@yazirou

but if you want a lesser quality picture, he's accepting on pixiv
https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/11416/request
>>
I post in this thread but I never commissioned a nsfw art, only sfw stuff
>>
What's the etiquette for an artist shilling their own stuff in the thread?
>>
>>6384944
Just don't be a douche that posts thumbnails with "SAMPLE" all over.
>>
>>6384918
got a commission finished recently
>artist draws only rape or Sadist-esque pictures
>ask for a SFW commission
>turns out really cute and I love it
>>
Any suggestions for quality artists who can do something like this https://m.imgur.com/a/ntyTXWl? One's that won't break the bank.
>>
File: csp-samples.png (1.07 MB, 1728x768)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB PNG
>>6385001
>>6384944
Well, they're kind of scaled down, but no obscuring watermarks.

I'm on Pixiv at https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/29057434
>>
>>6385749
not for me but keep improving
>>
Would it be ok if I just posted some of the stuff I had commissioned here? There's no Kingdom Hearts thread on here or aco and I just wanted to share
>>
File: 1630588191018.jpg (522 KB, 1116x1579)
522 KB
522 KB JPG
>>6385906
if you're comfortable with sharing, then go for it
>>
File: thumbnail.jpg (116 KB, 1080x1527)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>6385918
Its just one image of my waifu and I had the artist just do a version of a pic he already did with another character because I liked it so much. The shit taste is on my end
>>
>>6385946
never played kingdom hearts so I don't have an opinion. but keep doing you
>>
Why the in the fucking fuck do artist get a whole fucking month to decide to accept your request or not. This is especially triggering when the average days is around 2 or 3 and they still seem to ignore it. I really wanna message them on pixiv/twitter and tell to hurry the fuck up, so I can find their replacements.
>>
>>6385983
Depends on the artist but I only message lesser known ones and some never even answer

If they take a month to even decide then they need to fuck off
>>
>>6386019
Some do that to have a lower average delivery date (on skeb at least) An artist "accepted" my request at the last day to accept and delivered right on the same day.
>>
>>6386046
That's retarded. What would he have done if you cancelled it before the "accepting" deadline and he was in the middle of finishing your stuff?
>>
>>6385810
Understandable. Thanks for looking.
>>
Subscribed to Fantia for the first time. Never thought it would be so jew-y.
>pay to subscribe to the artist; all works for the current month are viewable
>but not the past months though. you have to pay for EACH MONTH to access them
Good for the artists for getting that money though
>>
>>6385983
If an artist doesnt accept my request within 1 and 1/2 to 2 weeks then i will usually dip.

It woukd be more polite to me if they outright quickly rejected the request. Some people shouldnt open their request windowsz
>>
>>6386103
yeah fuck fantia, also if you unsubscribe for a month when money is tight, you lose ALL your previous months and have to pay for them again, fanbox is much more reasonable
>>
File: Bird Crying.gif (447 KB, 480x480)
447 KB
447 KB GIF
I can PM an artist to remove the price penalty from being cancelled, right?
>>
>>6386282
You can, but it won't help
>>
File: Rilakkuma Sweating.jpg (50 KB, 600x600)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>Artist announces he is going to open his commissions sometime this month
>Will announce it before hand
>Its already September 20th
>>
>>6383256
No, get fucked phoneposter. I've had enough of sites dumbing down/redesigning their layouts to cater to mobile users.
>>
>>6384944
You can't have a skeb account unless you're Jap or have a Jap bank account. Why would Japs post here instead of 2chan?
>>
>>6386103
I think that's a setting they can do
>>
>>6386343
anon is looking for commissions in general, not necessarily through skeb
>>
wait.. so you can't use the same card to get comms on skeb on another account? I wanted to have a sfw request account, and a nsfw request account..
>>
>>6386460
have you tried it? if anything, you could delete the card on one account and add it to the second one
>>
>>6386467
I didn't (yet) but saw it mentioned in the last thread
>>
>>6386460
I've had no issues the same card for 2 different accounts, I think you should be fine doing that.
>>
File: 1278634002602.gif (177 KB, 360x240)
177 KB
177 KB GIF
>>6386291
I DMed the artist and had no response for the entire day. I guess ill never be able to commission him again.
>>
>>6386615
penalty goes away after some time anyway
>>
File: Guts Doll.jpg (35 KB, 500x500)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
One of my requests' deadline is coming close in 2 days. God i hope it doesn't lapse and make me resend again.
>>
File: deeblygoncerned.png (58 KB, 1594x409)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
I submitted a request on Skeb and I get a message from my credit card company declining the charge. I told them to accept the charge and it was showing as pending on my cards statement. I got a message later stating the artist accepted the request, but now no charge is showing on my card statement. The payment page however is in status 'payment confirmation'. So is it saying it was confirmed, or is it waiting for confirmation? Shouldn't the charge amount authorized be the amount I paid?

Is something fucked up? Supposedly your card is charged when the artist accepts the request. I don't want to lose my commission since it was accepted, and I don't want to screw things up for the artist either.
>>
File: 1631707133926.jpg (77 KB, 800x600)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>6386956
payment was confirmed.
you won't lose your commission.
it's probably on your CC company's end, and will eventually show up on statements
rest easy
>>
File: file.png (18 KB, 315x311)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>>6386105
Sometimes it bothers me a lot when an artist clearly has time to read your request but doesn't accept or reject it? I usually check their twitter activity to see if they've been online and can see they've been actively tweeting or liking stuff in the past few hours, which is about a day or two after I've already accepted a request. It doesn't bother me that much when an artist has an estimated acceptance date, but when they don't have anything (pic related), it gets upsetting. There's no way to tell if they're going to wait two weeks or a month to read and accept/reject it. It's even worse when you have the choice between waiting on this artist or immediately choosing a slightly inferior western artist who is open for coms and taking them RIGHT NOW.

Talking about this artist: https://skeb.jp/@TOROPIG_THUNDER
>>
File: file.png (3 KB, 190x42)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
>>6387203
I know it's only been a day, but they've been actively browsing twitter since I uploaded. They even liked a bunch of stuff in the past hour and even 30 minutes ago. Maybe it's because I've dealt with other artists who remained open but don't actively take commissions, so they have people just wasting their time. There are plenty of artists who will leave their requests open and only accept stuff when they feel like doing them, which could take weeks or months. The system needs to be better than this, especially when we have some artists doing loophole shit by waiting until they finish a work to accept it, so they can have the 1-3 day clearance rate. Skeb had to make an announcement over artists doing this a year back. They asked users to not be so quick to cancel requests because an artist may be working on it before accepting (lol?), and also asked artists to stop doing that as well. They should have just called artists out and threatened it with a temporary ban.
>>
I see there's a draft option inside the requests tab, is there anyway to use it? It sounds convenient but I don't see anywhere to create them for a request later.
>>
Worst when an artist makes you wait until the very last few days of the deadline till they even remember to start on your commission.
>>
File: file.png (6 KB, 416x76)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>6387274
This was my first ever skeb. In case you were wondering, the deadline was 9/28/2020... I had given up by then.
>>
File: skeb.png (4 KB, 441x39)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
>>6387287
I'm about to give up on mine
>>
>>6387297
Mine >>6387287 got complete the day before the deadline. Which artist is yours?

But yeah, a marker that let's us know they've at least started working on our commission would be nice. It's so annoying not knowing anything. It makes skeb commissioning artists who don't have that 1-2 day acceptance rate and 1 week completion rate less appealing. It's gotten to a point where I'd rather commission inferior quality western artists just for the security and less anxiety. Skeb feels more like a hassle at times... and we're paying customers. I get the site creators wanting to give artists freedom and protection, but this is at the cost of their customers feeling like shit.
>>
>>6387303
The weeks to months long wait and the lack of communication makes me less and less excited for the end result
>>
This one artist i commissioned thinks im stealing peoples OCs because the art style between two characters look different

Fact is, i commissioned two different artists to make them. Shit man , do i need to copyright my stuff
>>
>>6387359
How do you know that's what he thinks? Did he contact you or you them?
>>
>>6387371
This is a non-skeb artist btw. I didn't have final definite names for my OC, it didn't matter.... i just wanted to see two of them bump uglies.
Said artist stayed gaslighting me on why i didn't give the names of my OCs at the beginning of the commission. Like bitch you didn't even ask in the first place.
>>
>>6387405
But this is a skeb thread, for skeb discussion. Your issues with random western artist has nothing to do with the thread.
>>
>>6387418
>Commissions
>Support General
>>
>>6387427
Isn't that only for skeb or jap artists? That's why it lists skeb and pixiv. It's to talk about those Japanese artist based sites and talk about the pros, cons, and issues people have with them. I'm pretty sure you blogposting about some western autist upsetting you because he asked for your characters' names isn't what this thread is for.
>>
>>6387359
>>6387405
didn't you mention this in previous threads?
Wasn't it already resolved?
Anyway, you should label your character sheets or whatever.
Kinda like this I guess:
"Belongs to: (You)"
"Designed by: (Artist)"
>>
I'm surprised skeb has no penalty for artists who have abysmal complete rates. Or maybe there is, and ordinary users just can't see it. I once had an artist hold me up for two months and then he didn't deliver, turned out his completion rate was was 30%
>>
File: rate.png (10 KB, 562x78)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>6387549
they don't get penalized. I guess they COULD get fucked over if they resent the requests and the clients went "lol no, fuck you". Essentially wasted their efforts/time for no pay.
>>
>>6387549
>>6387560
You get refunded in case an artist misses their deadline anyway, so there's built-in protection for users.
>>
File: E7R4H3mVEAYPi24.jpg (163 KB, 880x1200)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
>>6386970
Thanks for the assurance. Coincidentally my request is 2hu related. I like the artist a lot so I'm really looking forward to it.
>>
>>6387579
Of course you do. I think there should still be penalty though.
Maybe like if you miss deadlines three times in a row. Skeb takes a bigger revenue cut on your next completed request.
>>
>>6387549
their penalty is that their completion % is there for everyone to see
>>
>>6387684
which you can choose to not display
>>
Any official mangaka artists on here?

Also any good ecchi skebbers that you would recommend?
>>
>>6388289
I recommend following all your favourite artists on twitter. Once they open their skeb, you will get a notification. If they already using skeb, they will have it linked in their bio. Though from experience they tend to ask for a fuck ton of money. Though nowadays I prefer to browse the new artworks category on skeb. You can browse and pick what you like and the prices are reasonable. This way I found some gems that provided insane art for dirt cheap prices.
>>
>>6388341
I already am. But almost everyone I like is so mega successful that they don’t and will never have skebs. I have been doing the new artworks category as well but I like this idea of having somewhat official art by a mangaka
>>
I'm a retard.. I never noticed the "appeal" from the drop down menu. There are 12 of them
>>
>>6388423
Appeal? Please explain
>>
File: Cap.png (16 KB, 398x162)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
>>6388424
On skeb, artists can appeal to you to request art from them.
>>
>>6388437
>>6388423
What the hell? Since when was this a feature?
>>
File: file.png (46 KB, 2215x352)
46 KB
46 KB PNG
My only appeal is way out of my price range. 15,000 for a single piece was already pretty high, and something I only reserved for artists I've been a huge fan of for years. Now this dude's price is 30,000.
>>
>>6388443
Maybe you don't have "accepting appeals" checked on?

>>6388446
Dam, thats the laziest one I've seen. The ones that appealed to me at least complimented my OCs and promised they will draw them the best they can
>>
>>6388417
The Most successful ones working in the mainstream market will probably never have time to do skebs
>>
File: thenow.jpg (134 KB, 1280x480)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>6387458
>Anyway, you should label your character sheets or whatever.
>Kinda like this I guess:
>"Belongs to: (You)"
>"Designed by: (Artist)"

Will do.
>>
File: gauron.jpg (34 KB, 479x479)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
One of the accepted requests i made is due tomorrow. I then check the artist's twitter and see that they are making something unrelated to my request.

Its not gonna come, huh? That 20 day window from acceptance to deadline felt too good to be true
>>
Ill probably take a break from skeb since the Holidays are creeping so i will make one last big dollar commission.
>>
Kind of an unrelated question, but what is the best method/program for watermark removal?
>>
>>6388513
Photoshop and a combination of redrawing (if needed) and the "Content aware fill" option. Though DMing the artist for a clean version is way easier. Frankly I never needed to do that as the artists always provided a PSD file where I could remove text and watermarks.
>>
File: 89936120_p0.jpg (1.62 MB, 1167x1651)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB JPG
>>6388289
>>6388417
Here are a couple:

Akira Ishida
https://skeb.jp/@Akira_Ishida

Ryouma Kitada
https://skeb.jp/@R_Kitada

>>6388482
Mostly true. Tomohiro Kai had a skeb opened for the longest time but he didn't accept any requests. Closed it recently citing that he's way too busy with Destiny lovers
>>
File: Capture.png (28 KB, 519x183)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
>>6388446
>>6388448
seems like that's how he get most of his commissions
>>
>>6388693
post your OC, I'm curious now.
>>
File: E1l9G-WVoAEaWpi.jpg (471 KB, 1448x2048)
471 KB
471 KB JPG
>>6388700
it's not mine. I was just looking at his most recent commissions.
>>
>>6388701
Oh. I'm surprised nobody has posted their OC's or shared coms they've gotten. There's barely any posts about them here.
>>
>>6388704
My comms are sfw and I kinda don't want to post em here
>>
>>6388704
OCs are more personal so I can see why people don't want to post them. People are more inclined to post commissions of established characters.

On a side note, I stumbled upon this guy's website who posts his commissions
https://commission.tenka.dev/
>>
>>6388423
they added the list of appeals yesterday
>>
>>6388922
Are you sure about that? Mine is >>6388446, and it was sent in 2020. I missed it (not that it was in my price range), and only found out it existed from this thread.
>>
File: Capture.png (31 KB, 582x256)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
>>6388930
I'm not talking the appeals themselves. I'm talking about the list.
>>
File: picture.jpg (19 KB, 542x284)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>6388704
>Oh. I'm surprised nobody has posted their OC's
I don't want you to make fun of them

jk

I posted some of my original characters in /ic/
>>
>>6389125
Lmao they said this to you?

Why the hell did they want you to request them then?
>>
>>6389125
this is how I feel every time I see that western ponytail purple hair oc on skeb
>>
>>6389129
Nah this was from a viral story/rant i saw a few weeks ago on twitter about some client ranting about this artist made fun of their OC and acted choosy.

Said OC was a nonbinary, purple haired tranny or whatever
>>
File: picture.png (195 KB, 538x511)
195 KB
195 KB PNG
>>6389140
Forgot the context pic
>>
File: file.png (23 KB, 184x64)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
>>6389141
>>6389125
Context does matter. Some artists just don't like trying males or femboys, unless they can pass as mostly girl-like. You mention they're leaning fem without much context, so we don't know if it's some weird as faggy look char or someone actually ugly, and the artist doesn't want to do that kind of stuff. "Kosmos"

Post whole team so we can see the full replies.
>>
>>6388486
He delivered it Literally 30 minutes before the Due time. My day is better now
>>
pretty dumb that artists need to open requests in order to deliver on skeb.
they need to change that
>>
>>6390049
That's a thing? How do you know?
>>
>>6390049
That is not a thing. I got a couple of art delivered from an artist while the artist's requests are closed
>>
>>6390053
>>6390061
alright, let me correct myself. it seems like it happens often that artists accidentally open skeb when they wanted to just deliver. But my point is how is that even a thing that happens anyway.
>>
>>6390073
So you're assuming all this?
>>
File: Capture.png (33 KB, 585x248)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
>>6390077
Nope. I see artists mentioning on their twitter pretty often
>>
>>6390092
And which part of this says it was mandatory? He said HE accidentally opened it, not that the system does it, moron.
>>
>>6390099
you seem to ignore my following post.
>alright, let my correct myself
this was referring to my original statement that was wrong. the system doesn't do that.
>artists accidentally open skeb
This part was referring to the ARTISTS not the system.
>>
I got charged for a Request that hasnt been accepted. Is that normal?
>>
>>6390472
are you using debit?
>>
>>6390472
Yes, they always charge you the moment you send out a request. They will release the charge if you cancel or the artist rejects the request. It's one of the annoying parts of this site. It's why people don't like how hard it is to know when an artist is not taking requests but still left their request forms open. It's not about the wait, but the fact that our money is held up while we wait on it.
>>
>>6390473
debit
>>
>>6390481
that's probably why. they HIGHLY recommend using credit cards so you get a pending charge until after they accept.
>>
>>6390495
Meh, ill just wait it out whenever the request expires or gets accepted
>>
>>6382570
It's impossible for artists without nip bank accounts to receive skeb commission right?
>>
>>6390776
Yes , impossiburu
>>
>>6390776
God i would hate western artists to have skeb, mostly because it would compound some of their horrible attitudes and work ethics
>>
it upsets me when the art that gets drawn for me got an artstyle slightly off from the artists "regular" art, it feels rushed even when I pay the recommended amount..
>>
>>6391058
that just means that's the quality for the price and their regular art is more than that
>>
>>6391181
if regular art doesn't match their recommended price they are nigger jews that should be lynched.
>>
>>6391181
so I have to "guess" their price? its dumb..and its against skeb's rules to ask artists
>>
>>6391181
That's such a bullshit practice. I'm all for giving power to artists but in this case, we requesters pretty much get screwed over.
>>
>>6391229
Congratulations, you now understand that Skeb is gambling. Some artists do their normal style in the recommended amount, while some will be a bit lazy, but those are rare.
>>
>>6391219
so you wouldn't mind if the recommended price is very expensive but you get their "regular" art?

>>6391229
I would like something of a description box or a price list but skeb doesn't want any of that shit.

>>6391494
that's why I don't like skeb's policies. they're too in favor of artists, there should be a compromise.
>>
File: Annoyed Pepe.jpg (6 KB, 229x220)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>Artist makes my two month deadline request pass
>Apologizingly Asks me to resend the request
>I send the request expecting it to be fastlaned in a couple of weeks

Its almost a month now.
>>
3 skebs delivered today.
>>
>>6391876
Leave it to a frognigger to make a dumb post.
>>6391524
>I would like something of a description box or a price list
Check the artists' Twitter. Most have a pinned message detailing everything. Also consider checking out the "Portfolio" section so you can see their past work.
>>
>>6392523
I don't know about you but the artists that I like don't have pinned messages with details. Not everyone is going to do that.
>Portfolio
Also not everyone uses the forio feature either.
It doesn't hurt to have a description box or price list.
>>
afaik price list are against skeb's rules
>>
>>6393474
I'm aware of that
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (8 KB, 320x180)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>6391876
What a nigger bro, you should have made screenshots of your requests with date and time including payments and post it on socials. This way that nip gets annihilated by Japanese shaming and kills himself ultimately.
>>
what credit cards have people been having luck with using for pixiv requests, and/or just general japan purchases?
My Debit doesn't work half the time, and nothing outside the us gives a fuck about discover
>>
>>6394338
I use a prepaid credit card and it works just fine.
>>
File: 1632575664889.jpg (245 KB, 1003x1416)
245 KB
245 KB JPG
>>6394338
visa credit card (specifically capitalone quicksilver)
>>
Did somebody every try to DM an artist for the uncensored version? I don't see the problem for asking if you keep it to yourself.
>>
>>6395602
Do it and report back to us
>>
Anyone have recs for artists that draw men as handsome as the women? Tired of faceless dudes/dudes hidden by the female/fat bastards.
>>
>>6396126
Back to cooking
>>
>>6396126
I like https://skeb.jp/@misaaaachang
Closed for requests right now though
>>
>>6396183
Like their style a lot, thanks!
>>
>artist passes deadline for the second time
>still asks me to resend it
I feel kind of bad since he might be half done but come on
>>
I request parody art of my OC
>>
>>6396333
Don't do it
>>
"Creator demands you to resend your request"
wut, they can do that?
>>
>>6396742
They should really change the wording to be nicer
>>
>>6396763
>They should really change the wording to be nicer
It must sound better in their native Japanese
>>
I boosted like have half the skebs I received, I think going forward I won't boost anymore.
>>
>>6396966
Why?
Its like leaving a tip.
If you like it boosting is fine.
>>
>>6396763
it certainly sounds more aggresive than it likely is.
I already got the same request accepted by another artist, so I sent them something different instead, hopefully that's ok with the artist.
>>
File: Capture.png (49 KB, 588x363)
49 KB
49 KB PNG
I guess they changed how the delivery time is calculated now
>>
>>6397198
I still don't get it, whats the difference?
>>
>>6397511
I believe before. the delivery time was how long you finished from when you accept the request.

For instance, you send a request on the 1st day, they accepted it on the 7th day, then finished the request on the 8th day. Their delivery time is one day. (7th day to 8th day)

Now, with the new change, their delivery time would be eight days (1st day to 8th day)
>>
>>6395233
i second this, capitalone has no foreign transaction fees and they dont give a shit about what you buy with it
>>
No service fee for skeb from october 1st to the 10th.
so artists might open up for a bit
>>
Anyone know any good ntr skeb artists that are open?
>>
>>6397521
This is a good change. I fucking hate waiting for them to accept shit.
>>
>>6397521
finally something good for the buyers side
>>
has anyone experienced where the artist rejected your request

But rerequested it for higher price and has that been successful or no?
>>
>>6399657
when an artist rejects my request I unfollow them and never request from them again.
>>
I just want to DM an artist asking if they accept non OC character but I'm scared Skeb will ban me for it their rules are so dumb
>>
>>6399972
no dm, just tweet at them
>>
>>6399982
it's against the rules to contact them in any way isn't it?
>>
>>6399983
about the specifics of your request. you're just asking a broad question
>>
>>6399657
>But rerequested it for higher price
What?

>>6399677
>when an artist rejects my request I unfollow them and never request from them again.
Isnt that too much.

I kinda stopped trying to request one of the artists i follow. I loved the first commission they delivered me so i requested another one

Which was instantly rejected

Tried again after 2 weeks and instantly rejected again.
>>
>>6400017
>what

wanted to clarify I sent a request but it got rejected but I noticed originally i requested at an old recommended price 8k but now the recommended price is like higher at 15k now.

So i was wondering if anyone did sent their request again but at a higher price from their old one. etc. I was suspecting it was because my price was too low
>>
Hey guys so if i request a cross post do they take the money from the beginning as i send the request, or is it taken when the request is accepted by the artist and delivered?
>>
>>6400916
Can someone explain to me, a dumbass, what the crossposting option does?
>>
File: 1627217403366.jpg (2.34 MB, 4535x6307)
2.34 MB
2.34 MB JPG
>>6400916
>>6400936
alright, here's how it is.

You send request#1 to Artist A for $150
Crossposting ON

Then you sent request#2 to Artist B for $100
Crossposting ON

When one of these artists accept their respective request, the other one is cancelled.
Obviously, when the artist accepts, the charge will go through.
>>
File: 1614790039307.png (789 KB, 1005x846)
789 KB
789 KB PNG
of course the day I decide to skip checking if commissions are open is the day they actually were.
>>
>Artist you have following is now seeking requests
> 30000 Yen

the fuck, how was is following this nigga in the first place. Ever felt like the 0% promo just made artists hike their fees?
>>
>>6401419
30k is like pretty standard pricing as far as "artists you've probably fapped to in the past" go
>>
horosuke's commissions are like winning the lottery I swear
>>
>>6401455
I’ve had like 9 completed skebs and The average is like 8k-13k Yen.

The artist i mentioned might be charging that much because of their artstyle
was mainly used for a Mobage (which shut down)
>>
>>6401419
the zero fee campaign came suddenly so I wouldn't be surprised if artists increased their prices because they already had a busy schedule
>>
>artist opens pixiv requests
>put guidelines
>apparently too many people weren't following them and he closed it without accepting anything
fucking hell, fuckers ruining it for everyone
>>
>>6401655
He should adjust to the majority, not but be an egoistical lazy prick.
>>
>>6401729
he's busy and can't do complicated situations.
>>
*yawn*
I sent a skeb request to an artist before the no fee promo started and they still haven't accepted it.
I'm gonna cancel it myself after october 10th
>>
Proper tags and dates for artwork when? I know skeb keeps track of all that stuff internally, so what's keeping them from implementing it after 2+ years?
>>
Does anyone know if there's a markup fee for if you want to resend a request? I know there's an additional price for some time if you cancel a request before the artist approves and try to send one to them again, but in my case the artist had to reject my request due to time constraints. So I was wondering if there'll be a markup fee for if I'll try sending the same request to them next time they open.
>>
>>6402253
don't think it will be there
>>
After waiting for 2 weeks only to get declined, I literally give artists only 2 days to accept, otherwise I'll replace them.

>found new artist that had decent art
>offer double of his recommended amount
>the nigger still wont accept in 2 days
>cancel it and find other artist who accepts in half a day
>cancelled artist sents me a "demand" to re-request it
>I immediately delete the email

Feels good.
>>
>>6402266
That's good to hear.

What happened was that I sent in the request yesterday, but they later tweeted that they changed their completion deadline from 60 to 90 days just this morning and encouraged to resend requests. I didn't wanna cancel mine because of the markup fee for when you request again so I just waited to see if they'll accept or decline the current request.

They apologized for having to reject requests due to the initial shorter deadline anyways, so I'm fine waiting for when they open again to just resend my request then.
>>
>>6402296
glad some of you have choices.

I could only choose between a handful of artists
>>
File: finland.gif (49 KB, 69x120)
49 KB
49 KB GIF
>Have an idea for a coommission
>Bust a nut in the middle of the day
>Suddenly lost motivation to make the request
>>
>>6402438
Like my mother always said, never go shopping on an empty stomach.
>>
>>6402296
I sent out a couple of requests with crossposting on.
one was on day 2 with a three-day response expiration and another on day 5 out of 30th.

Honestly I wasn't hoping for either of them to go through and I was following their twitter.
The former got accepted which cancelled the second one.
Then the artist for the second one posted something like "while I was thinking about how to draw the request, it got cancelled. I think another artist approved them. I hope they don't think I'm neglecting them."

Sorry bud. You not saying anything about the request on twitter made assume you didn't give a shit.
>>
is there any known workaround for buying shit off of fantia? because it rejects my card whenever i try to purchase
>>
There should be something like a request auction. You bid a request for some X amount of money to a bunch of artists, and whoever accepts it first gets it.
>>
This question is more geared towards people who have commissioned something from western artists: do you tip?
I just realized it when I was about to pay through PayPal that I can tip. Does the usual 10% tip apply?
>>
>>6404105
no
>>
>>6403010
>Artist tweets out they're accepting skebs like 3-4 times
>Send them one
>They comment that they got a request for the character I submitted
>They never accept it though
>Months have passed and they literally don't seem to have accepted a single request in that period even though given their platform there were likely dozens of people who sent them stuff
>>
>>6404105
I've been doing commissions for over a decade now and never in my life have I received a tip.
>>
>>6404153
I would had waited for that second artist if they said something like "I got a request but I don't know how to draw it..." At least that would tell me they are considering it.
>>
>>6404105
I've only tipped once and that's because I went through this entire thing where my instructions weren't clear which resulted in a bunch of wasted time because I had them redraw some shit
I tipped them around 10% of the total
>>
>>6382570
She kind of looks like Kronii.
>>
>>6404105
No. I am american , but i am a cheapskate so i’ll just pretend to be british or canadian where tips are a myth

Most artists charge too much for me
>>
>>6404153
should have waited on that second artist
>>
One of the artists im looking at posted on their twitter something in the bein of

“please keep requesting me even if it expires, i cant draw much because of time restraints”
>>
>>6404238
eh, it's okay. I mean I could still send the request again.
he changed the response expiration time from 30 days to 10 days now, and have that "To approve your request may take more than 2 weeks" message now.
>>
>>6404199
not even
>>
File: StareColor.png (3.26 MB, 2293x3140)
3.26 MB
3.26 MB PNG
Hey guys, lichtsky here
If youre interested in comissions please dm me.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nZFr3VJ5AE_21J6hyibh_yI0zMf7Vd8fvn1-wbfgXD8/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>6405078
your twitter says commissions closed
>>
I said I won't boost anymore on skeb but fuck I got one of the best pieces I commissioned on there and the artist didnt take long to deliver. Designed a tastefully lewd outfit for her and its really good, shup up and take my money
>>
>>6404105
I tip all the time and I wonder if I should.
Usually close to 20% percent.
I have a few artist I tip heavy because they seem to appreciate me and they do a lot of work for me. For them it's closer to 30 to 40%.
Also if I don't like an artist I just never use them again. I've had some slow fucks that didn't even give me a good service. I regret tipping them.
I'd say tip for the second commission after you know you like them or try to tip if they did a good job on the first.
No I don't have a ton of cash buy people treating me well and going beyond need tips in my opinion.
>>
File: Capture.png (76 KB, 525x803)
76 KB
76 KB PNG
they might do something for prepaid cards.
>>
>>6407119
>price list not planned
fuck you
>>
File: 127087778582.jpg (43 KB, 544x800)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>6407119
>Skeb saying no to NFT

ummm... based?
>>
File: Capture.png (35 KB, 591x351)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
>>6407222
he's so adamant on it, that he would rather tell people to use another service.
I don't agree with him.
I think skeb is popular because it connects to an already popular platform(Twitter) and not allowing direct contact removes any conflict/conversations. Also a middleman that guarantees funds.

>>6407281
it wouldn't work since clients don't own the copyrights to the art
>>
File: 89349045_p0.jpg (1.78 MB, 1440x2048)
1.78 MB
1.78 MB JPG
>artist has skeb at $120 and pixiv request at $700
>apparently the pixiv request is drawn at commercial level of quality while skeb is a few hours of drawing
too high of a price gap, man
>>
So if I need to change credit cards, do I need to delete my current one and register the other after?

What happens to my current pending and accepted requests if I remove my credit card information, if anything?
>>
>>6407517
I believe it will go through
>>
File: 1633026960828.jpg (41 KB, 300x300)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>6405108
Oh
>>
>tfw it's the last day before time is up for one of your request
>>
>>6407517
Just had to cancel my CC a few days ago because it got skimmed at a gas station. Had a pending request at the time and it still went through and got accepted.
>>
>>6387685
>>6387549
>artist rejects request
>price penalty for the user, if that wasn't disabled

>artist ignores 5 people's requests
>completion rate hidden, nothing happens
is that right?
>>
>>6409803
yep
>>
File: picture.jpg (16 KB, 301x307)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
Artist finally posted a WIP of i think whats my request after 3 and a half months.

Thanks Good ness
>>
>>6407363
It's really weird. I see a couple of artists charging less on their pixiv requests by a big margin. They'll charge like 10k-15k on skeb, but the base price on pixiv is about 5k-8k. It really makes me wonder how artists are calculating things, or if there's some big fee difference both websites are charging them.
>>
File: 88821151_p1.jpg (1.15 MB, 1200x1920)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB JPG
>>6410070
well, the fees for them is: skeb(6.8%) vs pixiv(10%)

I've seen some people use skeb for complete quality while they use pixiv request for lesser detailed/sketch quality pictures.

anyway, my initial picture was that artist's "commercial" quality drawing and this one is the quality of the skeb. I can see the difference between the two but I still think the price difference is too much.
>>
>>6410095
Maybe you get full distribution rights with the commercial picture? That would explain the price.
>>
>>6410242
nah, don't think. It's probably "the level of quality is on par with what I draw commercially".
I think the high price is because he makes a lot of mistakes during the drawing process, so he spends a lot of time redoing stuff.
>>
>Artist has 100% completion rate
>Commission expires in 2 hours and still no delivery
sigh
>>
>>6411413
100% over how many commissions? 2? 20? Only use that percentage with a big sample size.
>>
Only 5. Guess it's a lesson learned, but a little frustrating still.
>>
>>6411413
>>6411428
did it expire? And did they ask you to resend the request?
>>
Can anyone recommend artists to look at and check their work? I don't know where to begin.
>>
>>6411740
Go to danbooru/gelbooru and search "skeb_commission"
>>
>>6411657
they submitted it about 15 minutes before the deadline
>>
File: 56814916_p26.jpg (106 KB, 480x655)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>Want to commission some nsfw stuff of my waifu off skeb
>She's from a very calm and cozy anime with a big following in japan so I don't really want to put my fetish all over her in public and would rather keep those commission to myself only
>Hear about Skeb and though it could be a nice way to get some art of her
>Mfw "Hide it on Skeb but its creator have the right to publish it to the other place."
>"its creator have the right to publish it to the other place."
Does this happen often? I really wanted the stuff I comm only for myself...
>>
>>6413619
Its different per artist. Some pixilate or blue the whole image on their socials if you choose the hide option. Others only share it on their paid fanbox. There are some that don't share it at all. But they can always choose to share it even if you hide it on skeb. Your best bet is to check if they have some private skebs in their completed works and check if they released that on their pixiv or twitter.
>>
>>6413619
yuru camp?
anyway, the possibility is there. but some artists do hidden = private, you just look a little harder
>>
Is there some kind of incentive for artists to wait til the last minute to deliver or is it just procrastination? It feels a little too deliberate.
>>
>>6413827
Most of the time skeb is something that is accepted on the side of their usual work routine whether that is their hobby drawings or if they're serialized that shit
Rather than being incentivized to deliver it late it's more like there's no incentive to deliver it early
>>
>>6413827
there are no harsh penalties for missing a deadline. if they're busy with their real jobs and/or doing commercial illustrations, these commissions are on the lower priorities.
>>
>>6413827
Not much penalty for doing this. Remember, artists used to start commissions before even accepting it, then accepting the commission the day before they're finished, to have a quicker finish rate. The website tries it's best to make sure artists are respected, not scammed, or rushed, but also does these things at the cost of its customers. There's so many features and rules easily abused by them, and it sucks.
>>
File: Its just a drawing.jpg (39 KB, 567x453)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>Put 18000 YEN on this one artist
>Still hasn't accepted by request
>Request deadline will be in 2 weeks

I might blacklist this muthafucka
>>
File: cute.jpg (14 KB, 284x284)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
> See that one of the artists i commed is doing a draw stream
> It happens to be my request
> They are drawing a Half Body pic when i didn't state it
> Realize that one of the reference pics i included was Half-body

Nooooooooooooooooooo. I hope they draw full body
>>
>>6414616
Ambiguity is a cruel mistress.
>>
How long is the wait for the an artist's price to go back to normal after cancelling a request?
>>
>>6415085
Took me a month
>>
File: Comparison.png (1.39 MB, 1575x1657)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB PNG
>>6414616
>I hope they draw full body
They did not draw full body ....orz (Skeb is top left)
>>
Where do you even go on Pixiv to add payment methods?
>>
>>6415588
you can add it in that free pixiv trial or through booth(check out an item, add payment, but don't go through with it).
>>
>>6415694
If you have a credit card connected to fanbox shouldn't there be a way to link it?
>>
>>6415751
oh yeah, that works too.
https://payment.pixiv.net/cards
you can check if your payment is there
>>
>>6415543
What was their recommended price and how much did you pay?
>>
File: Ref comparison 2.jpg (257 KB, 1526x608)
257 KB
257 KB JPG
>>6415915
Rec Price was 15000 YEN
I paid 15000 YEN

It was my very first skeb. I regret preparing a better reference before rushing in out of excitement
>>
>>6415933
Yeah, I guess he was just being lazy then. Here's a tip, be very specific towards what you want in every situation. You want a full body picture? You make sure you tell them what you want. I'm not blaming you for this happening, just letting you know that us experienced skeb users have had to deal with some kind of commission detail hiccup and know not to give them any room to do something else anymore. Since we can't see the sketch to give corrections like with western artists, it's extremely crucial you make sure they understand exactly what you mean.
>>
>>6415952
I don't think they were lazy because most of the art they did was half body.

That was my very first skeb, but 9 other skebs were finished before that one. The artist literally sat on my request for 3 months and they did it from start to finish in a couple of days out of the blue two weeks before the deadline.

Saw the stream of it being drawn in progress and was surprised the artist is female because women drawing Bara are unicorns
>>
>>6415958
>I don't think they were lazy because most of the art they did was half body.
Ah, then you should have expected this.
>>
Is it fine to send a reference image of a pose?
>>
>>6416176
more visuals the better
>>
>>6416181
yes i sent the two characters i want and a pose they accepted it i hope it will be fine
>>
https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/93453124
Honest question: does this really look like it's worth 32k yen?
I've been following this artist for some time (because I'm interested in commissioning something too) and I've been monitoring the requests they make. One of them was this. Some person paid 32k for that.
Because I just don't see it.
I'm just thinking that if I was the requester, I'd feel ripped off because the artist can make this type of quality: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/86374782
Not to mention, the artist waited until only a few hours left before the deadline to submit it. Seems like they phoned it in.
>>
>>6416566
Yes it is, since one is 5 pages and the other is 1 page. Most artists ask between 10k-20k yen per page, so it's actually quite cheap.
>>
>>6382570
any way to have a fantasy realized about a world where one guy can have sex with anyone he wants at any time anywhere? and i have a lot of situations in mind that i would love to realize
>>
File: 1605788768801.jpg (244 KB, 904x573)
244 KB
244 KB JPG
>>6416566
perceived value aside, this is good shit
>>
sent artist a request, they changed their pricing today so I'm pretty sure they've been on skeb, my request is still pending, they haven't posted on twitter or anything. Suspense is killing me.
>>
Looking to start making requests on Pixiv instead of Skeb, but i have a question.Will you get banned or anything if you switch your account to Japanese to make a R18 request and switch back after it's done? I really like the 7 day acceptance period on Pixiv over Skeb. I don't mind waiting 2 months for a request to be completed but waiting an indefinite amount of time to know whether your request is accepted in the 1st place is stupid.
>>
File: 1.jpg (524 KB, 1500x1024)
524 KB
524 KB JPG
>>6416566
Oh hey I commission that artist fairly regularly outside of Pixiv requests.32k for a 5 page black and white comic is about what I'd expect from him. Pic related set me back 10k. it's simple sure, but he's able to emulate the anime art style of Naruto really well so for me that price was worth it. If you're worried about quality don't make your request too complicated and keep it at the10k range for a commission that has 1 character featuring a faceless/lower half male.
>>
>>6416566
>>6417468
also he's pretty busy with his job so expect a long wait time from him.
>>
>>6417433
Nope. you're literally just changing the UI language. No reason for a ban.
>>
>>6417486
Yeah I figured as much, thanks for the answer. What about translating form English to Japanese? Is it automatic or do you have to translate your own request before you send it off?
>>
>>6417513
I translate my stuff beforehand
>>
>>6416176
Yeah just specify you want something like that pose and not the exact thing because often times they won't want to just trace someone else's shit
>>
>>6416566
Price = "How much you have to pay me to consider your idea rather than either doing my normal job or hobby pictures I want to draw"
not necessarily the actual "value" of their work.
It's why you often see people who are serialized costing much more money even if there are hobbyists who might be more technically skilled
>>
>>6416760
you want a harem picture?
>>
another no fee skeb campaign from October 21st to October 24th
>>
>>6419905
So how does it work? I got an email but it's all in japanese.
>>
>>6419957
just send a request and your artist(s) will get 100% of the revenue
>>
Hm. one question i have about the email sent out is this bit

"・Skebでは事前に料金表等で納品物の品質を保証する行為は禁止されています。
「○○円以上はカラーになります」「3日以内に必ず納品します」といった掲載はできません。過去の作品を金額と共に掲載することは問題ありません。"

Is that saying that artists can't have a price sheet for commissions? Or is it specifically forbidding certain things? I know very few japanese artists have a price sheet, but i just want to make sure. If they do ban price sheet that's kinda weird, even for a place like skeb.
>>
>>6420050
The reason price sheets aren't supposed to be allowed is that the recommended price is supposed to be your price
They don't want people to have some off-site bullshit that people can't see basically, users are already disadvantaged as it is under skeb's TOS
>>
>>6420051
I suppose that makes sense. One artist I've gotten a couple of commissions from did post a price sheet, but it was written as both pixiv request and skeb. Nothing unreasonable on their price sheet, but still, good to know I guess. The artist has the base price that gets you one good quality drawing, just if you want alts or stuff, or less detail, that's when the price changes. I guess I just won't really talk about it as to not get the artist in trouble.

Also I wonder why that is that pixiv request isn't available in english, but if you change to japanese and nothing else, they don't care. I wonder if it's an oversight or just pixiv covering their bases, but not really actually wanting to restrict it.
>>
I got like 3 appeals even when I haven't commissioned in like 2 weeks
>>
>>6420060
probably an oversight. typical japanese web design. it took them over 1.5+ years to "fix" foreign credit cards
>>
my request got done. it's slightly off from what I expected. I still like it though.
I asked for a girl to be straddling a sleeping dude and the perspective is from him. I didn't mention any fucking or penetration but they drew that in the picture
>>
>>6418297
a manga
>>
>>6420423
Sometimes you also gotta state what you dont want. Seems like your artists mainly draws sex.
>>
>>6420483
yeah, you're probably right
>mainly draws sex
you're not wrong
>>
>>6420476
Oh. well if you got the money then you can do it
>>
Are requests always public? And do they have an intermediary who will translate for you if you request in English, or is it better to ask in Japanese?
>>
>>6420849
for skeb, if artists turned the option on, you can make it hidden.

for pixiv, you would need to write in your request that you want it hidden, they may or may not do it.

both use machine translators
>>
>>6420856
What's the best way to get your intent across if you only have basic Japanese skills, but not enough to describe a commission in detail?

Pay a translator that does doujins?
>>
Use the proper OP so people can easily find the thread next time, yeah?
>>
>>6420867
Are you referring to the image? the subject has been the same
>>
>>6420862
if you want a near perfect translation, then yeah I guess a translator
>>
>>6420862
>What's the best way to get your intent across if you only have basic Japanese skills, but not enough to describe a commission in detail?
DeepL is pretty reliable, I've come to find. I use that for both Skeb and Pixiv and I haven't had any seriously mistranslated commissions aside from one time when DeepL translated string bikini as string panties. Speaking of translators, commissioning translations is pretty good. I think you can get them cheaper if you just have them do the script and you do the editing and typesetting yourself, but if you're not confident in your editing abilities, I'd just pay them to do the editing too. It'd just take longer.

>>6420856
Pretty sure there's no option to make requests hidden on Pixiv, since the request needs to be uploaded to Pixiv before it can be completed. At least, I haven't ever seen a request get deleted afterwards.
>>
>>6420867
if you're not looking via >>>/h/skeb you're doing it wrong
>>
File: Capture.png (9 KB, 704x130)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>6420907
the option to hide it on pixiv is up to the artist. that's why I said:
>you would need to write in your request that you want it hidden, they may or may not do it.
And a completed request can be deleted afterwards.
>>
File: 1633664852963.png (172 KB, 439x285)
172 KB
172 KB PNG
>Going through my Skeb Follows to see if I can think of something to commission
>Notice that this one artist that is one I've been thinking about lately increased their price from 5000 Yen to 20000 Yen in one single go
>Only has delivered three requests in total and to my knowledge has never closed up ever so they're not a particularly busy or popular artist
Stuff like this makes me realize that the end of the day Japanese artists can be just as egocentric as Western artists.
I've seen similar stuff happening where literally who artist with 200 followers on Twitter whose Skeb is an affordable 5000 Yen gets cocky after one or two deliveries an they bump their price just to never see a request again. Crazy how little self-awareness there is out there.
>>
Does my request get auto cancelled/refunded after passing the Approval deadline or the Complete Deadline?

I wonder if this artist will ask me to resend again, because it feels like i dont even exist.
>>
>>6420985
I think it's unfair to call him egocentric, cocky and unaware if you don't know him. I think many people forget that an artist's pricing isn't necessarily dependent on how highly they think of their own work. It could very well be that they just value their own free time that much. I as a commission artist set very high prices and barriers to entry because I like taking lots of time with many revisions in close cooperation with my clients, and I earn enough money through work and investing already so it doesn't need to turn a profit. I know that there are people out there with drawings twice as strong as mine for half the price, and that's okay. High prices also tend to weed out poorfag NPC types who always assume the worst of others and gossip behind your back, leaving only the nice, candid clients with deep pockets
>>
>>6420985
Do you think their art is good enough for 20000 yen?
>>
>>6421155
I suppose you raise some fair points form the artist side.
However, it's hard to understand or see those things from the client side. People eat with their eyes, and they will judge things first and foremost on the quality of the drawing and if the drawing appeals to their particular tastes.
>>6421175
Hell no. I can double that and get a full background with two or even three characters with even variants from other follows I've got. And who actually have faster response/complete average days at that, too.
>>
>>6420985
>Only has delivered three requests in total and to my knowledge has never closed up ever so they're not a particularly busy or popular artist
Definitely don't assume low activity means low popularity necessarily
There's a serialized mangaka that had his requests set to 20k and constantly tweets his skeb thing out so I assumed he doesn't get many requests and sent him one, turns out he must just be discerning as fuck and only accepts certain stuff

I've also seen artists raise their prices solely to decrease the amount of requests they get on the regular as a filter
>>
Ill take a break from skeb. Maybe 1 or 2 requests for the entire winter hibernation. Cant stand these long times to have something delivered
>>
>>6420985
50 dollars for potentially hours of work depending on complexity/colors is underselling yourself if anything
>>
>>6421784
So whoever takes the longest to do something should be paid the most regardless of the end result? You heard the man, everyone. Those of you who waited until 5 minutes before the deadline for your deliveries to arrive should actually be grateful since it means you got the greatest possible delivery, and should in fact give the artists a sizable boost because them taking so long to deliver means their work was super duper ultra extra valuable over that of someone who delivered quickly and timely.
Quality of the work is what should primarily define the value, or price, of one's work, not the amount of time spent of it. It is one of the many variables involved, but never should it be the primary one since it's one metric that wildly differs among people. This doesn't apply to art but practically every time of job in the world.
>>
File: He_010.jpg (979 KB, 1332x1864)
979 KB
979 KB JPG
Any help on this pose in Japanese? Pixiv's 駅弁ファック is too board and doesn't cut it. I need the being folded in two with legs pressed against the guy detail.
>>
File: He_011.jpg (1017 KB, 1332x1864)
1017 KB
1017 KB JPG
>>6422070
>>
>>6390472
>>6390479
I had this happen with one artist but not another one. Is it another thing they can set?
>>
>>6413619
>She's from a very calm and cozy anime with a big following in japan so I don't really want to put my fetish all over her in public
But that's the hottest part.
>>
>>6421791
what are you going on about? i never said anything about delivery speed, i meant that art (potentially) takes a lot of time to make, so raising your price accordingly to match how long you end up working on it makes sense (if the artist spends 10 hours to finish it at 50 dollars then he is valuing time at 5 dollars an hour, which i would say is underselling yourself if your work is good)
if your artist is a lazy shit that takes 30 days to finish a piece then don't commission him, its not like he's spending every waking moment of the day working on it
like you said, you're paying for the quality of the final product and the final product itself, not for him to finish it fast, that's a bonus- obviously everyone wants their work done quickly so that they can spill seed to it immediately but i don't know why you're bringing up delivery speed when you proceed to say quality defines price
>>
>>6421791
>Quality of the work is what should primarily define the value, or price
Cocksucker #424923 on /h/ doesn't get to dictate prices based on his own idea of "quality". Price is set by the producer (artist) and the market indicates whether it wants his products or not, based on a variety of factors, including: drawing quality, delivery speed, communication, social clout, personal preference and rarity of the subject matter. This isn't even a situation where the artist is selling something important like potatoes, but luxury goods (porn drawings). If I am an artist who is generally unwilling to do commission work and I draw a hot new fetish and a guy comes up to me and says "holy shit dude let me commission you" and I say "no" and he says "holy shit I'll pay you 10 grand for it" I'm not going to go "welp price should be based on quality so I can't accept this" and deny him
>>
File: picture.jpg (30 KB, 674x416)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>6422117
Hypebeast """Logic"""
>>
>>6422158
Sneed&cope
>>
>>6422070
Your best bet would be to just include a picture reference of that pose and ask to have whoever you want fucked fucked in that pose.
>>
>>6420985
>See artist for an affordable 8k
>Commission them a few times
>They get cocky and increase their price to 14k
>No more request
>A few months later they go back to their original price
Sometimes they do end up having a bit a self awareness in the end.
>>
File: Chair pepe.jpg (15 KB, 486x567)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>Get an email saying artist you following is now seeking request
>"I wonder who this is"
>30000 YEN

NIGGA WHO IS YOU?
>>
>If you have the purpose other than tweeting it or setting it as your profile picture, you must write it in the text of your request.
"Tweeting" as in posting a pic on your twitter for all the world to see? How do artists try to earn more by putting deliveries in fanbox and whatnot? Or does it mean something else?
>>
>>6422568
Basically if you intend to distribute outside of personal use, you have to request it.
>>
I'm after what I'm tentatively calling "corruption/NTR style." I see more Korean artists with it [ratatatat74, gungnae] but some Japanese artists draw it too [sanuki_(kyoudashya)]. There's a similarity that I can't put my finger on, I think it might be the faces.
In any case, do any of you know some artists with that kind of style/look that take requests? I tried one (https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/63543012) but he blew me off, probably because I offered him barely over his minimum to draw my OC.
>>
>>6422785
I don't know if I'm understanding it correctly but I'll throw out a suggestion I guess:
https://skeb.jp/@Yasaka_001
>>
Is it possible to deanonymize my requests on skeb? If not via the site functions myslef, then where should I write to try to ask them to do that.
>>
>>6422906
Nope, just start using your name from now on. They only reply to inquiries involving the laws and regulations.
Basically, "fuck you"
>>
>>6422910
I see. Also is there a way to check what triggers the NSFW flag and can they ban you if you try to go around it. The request is SFW, but I suspect fellatio gesture フェラ素振り makes the site think it's NSFW. Or is it nipple 乳首?
>>
>>6422949
hmm, you might need NSFW for that "フェラ素振り"
>>
File: 93407702_p0.jpg (830 KB, 889x1417)
830 KB
830 KB JPG
>>6422952
Bummer. 320 out of 1180 on pixiv are SFW.
>>
>>6422949
Okay it really was the fucking nipple. The line was "the dress barely hides her nipples" and it stopped everything. Wrote the word in hiragana and it went through. Hope it won't backfire.
>>
File: capp.png (1 KB, 109x36)
1 KB
1 KB PNG
why is it green? its a pending request, I've never seen it be green
>>
>>6423011
Check your balance.
>>
>>6423011
It's above a certain number and/or you got charged upon submitting the request, not approval.
>>
Is there a difference in fees if I pay the artist directly via paypal or submit the formal request on pixiv with the same paypal account as a payment method?
>>
The search function is a mess. What order does it even display the results in?
>>
File: 93619399_p0.jpg (2 MB, 2410x2743)
2 MB
2 MB JPG
>>6422785
https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/73387625

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.