[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Did he believe in moral objectivity or moral law at all?
>>
>>4993745
individualism makes the weak nervous, its a useful tool and identifier to such
>>
>>4993745
Yes
Half the book is about governing magnanimously and the other half is about how to act decisively and harshly when you can't be magnanimous without turning into a fuck.
>>
>>4993745

I would say so, he denounced Louis XII for being a piece of shit and leaving his wife to marry someone else just for the sake of being in line for one of the crowns
>>
>>4993758
Everything seems to run together. The point seems to give a guise of virtuousness while being ruthless as fuck and maintaining absolute power no matter what.
>>
>>4993759
It could be possible he only did this to earn brownie points with the Medici family.. The whole point of the book was to gain favor with the Medici in hopes of advancement or rewards if they took power.

Even the act of writing the book was Machiavellian
>>
Somebody post that letter he wrote to his friend about fucking an ugly lady
>>
File: machevilli.png (261 KB, 686x605)
261 KB
261 KB PNG
>>4993773
Couldn't find the letter. Here's an article about it though.

kek.
>>
>>4993787
I don't know if this is a chad or a virgin move
>>
>>4993787
just
>>
>>4993763
>>4993758
>>4993750
Be magnanimous to the powerless. Be merciless to the powerful.
>>
>>4993787
Holy shit
>>
>>4993787
Fucking hell, this is like something out of an early 2000’s grossout comedy.
>>
“It’s just a prank, bro,” the book.
>>
>>4994014
>hasn’t read the book and has no idea what it’s about
>>
>>4993811
Gamma, desu.
>>
>>4994016
Some suggest The Prince is political satire. I don’t agree but that’s where the reference came from.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.