[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 123133423423.png (50 KB, 610x381)
50 KB
50 KB PNG
Well /ic/?
>>
>>3637644
Who is that guy? Is he supposed to be important? I don't use social media.
>>
>>3637644
let us know when your tweet get's 10k retweets
>>
>>3637644
Maybe I'm in an analytical study group, in which case, pointing out incorrect parts of a work is quite crucial.
Also >>3637650
>>
LeSean Thomas is a blackity black black niggery-diggery-doo guy who happens to be one of the most successful commercial artists of our generation. Nigga.
>>
>>3637650
Nig nog in arts, that tells you everything
>>
>>3637657
heh, cool to see someone with my same edgy sense of humor here, nigga, you like the latest jontron video? I watched it as soon as i got home from school
>>
How come white people can't be good at drawing?
>>
>>3637644
So I need to be able to cook before being allowed to say how a meal tastes like?
>>
>>3637658
Art is theft so you wonder why you don’t see much more brothas in the industry
>>
Wow, never heard of this guy before, thanks for turning me on to this excellent young director who makes anime.
>>
but that would imply that you could one day produce good work instead of just crabbing into oblivion. and we can't have that kind of attitude on /ic/
>>
>>3637644
>>3637674
friendly reminder to hide shill threads
>>
he's right tho
>>
>>3637678
How is this a shill thread?
>>
>>3637672
art is white collar theft
>>
>>3637657
hilarious how a black guy has more anime street cred than a white guy
>>
>>3637644
doesnt an art teacher pointing out the bad in others work? Does that mean he's bad? Stupid ass comment from a guy that cant take critique.
>>
>>3637791
its not really aimed at art teachers though,its aimed at losers who sit around on ic posting 'draw 17 hours a day or kys' and 'loomis' between league of legends sessions
>>
>>3637671
This depends entirely on whether you feel the cook is obligated to give a shit about your opinion.
>>
>>3637791
Well, the art teacher can presumably show why something is bad in an objective way. Most online art pundits do not fall into this category.
>>
>>3637824
if they dont give a shit about critique thats just their loss
>>
>>3637826
If you're one unsatisfied customer out of a million, then it's not a loss. In fact it would be a mistake to listen to a random nobody.
>>
File: www.png (889 KB, 1080x1398)
889 KB
889 KB PNG
>>3637644

ok !
>>
>>3637826
>critique

What can you even possibly suggest if you have zero knowledge on the subject? How retarded are you?
>>
>>3637644
I mean comparing work is good, but since everyone works a bit differently/draws a slightly different style, I think straight criticism is probably more valuable. I can appreciate swapping art/comparing art but at the same time I also think that polite and well reasoned criticism will help people more, especially if they're still learning a lot of the basics.
>>
>>3637644
Sometimes I take an image and type out the mistakes in ms paint. I never send them to the artists though, it’s just a way to recognize the mistakes that I should avoid
>>
File: alleyway final.jpg (2.07 MB, 2361x1475)
2.07 MB
2.07 MB JPG
Well, it's certainly good advice for /ic/.

The amount of effort people here put into finding fault with professional artists' work would be much better spent improving their own art.

This is especially relevant to Ilya threads.
>>
>>3637872
I do this without the autism of mspaint lol but yeah being able to analyze work is crucial to developing as an artist.
>>
>>3637665
>most of the greatest art in history
>not good at drawing
Try harder not to be retarded.

>>3637791
Constructive criticism from a teacher who can show you themselves what you're doing wrong (I mean, presuming they can do that) is not the same thing as "crusading" to point out what's wrong with other artist's work. So...not at all what he's talking about.
>>
>spend less time masturbating over other people's shitty art and use that time to make your own art even better
what's the problem here?
>>
>>3637644
Good thing I'm not young anymore and can go on all the crusades I want :^)

Still being a 20-something must suck
>>
File: krist3.png (313 KB, 621x877)
313 KB
313 KB PNG
>>3637644
>>
File: I cum turtles.jpg (2.14 MB, 2121x2000)
2.14 MB
2.14 MB JPG
>>3637906
I remember you! I really like your work. Still think you use too much pure black in your pieces but I can really see the love you put into everything you do <3.

I like painting monsters but I can do other shit too. Trying to get away from all of this now. It's getting boring as fuck so only 2 monster dudes on the horizon for the rest of the year. Just gonna mostly do pretty people doing action stuff. I also need to purge my fucking portfolio. I hate everything I've done during the last 4 years...
>>
>>3637644

>LeSean

Am I racist for assuming his work sucks? Betcha I'm right tho
>>
>>3638196
He’s the boondocks creator. He does suck but he’s got a lot more success than most of us will see in art.
>>
>>3637644
Well said!
>>
>>3637650
LeSean Thomas is an animator/director who works in Japan, SKorea, and the US, often working as a liaison for US shows done in those countries. I think he's also directing an upcoming Japanese show.

He would be /ic/'s platonic ideal of a westerner working in anime.
>>
>>3637664
*sips* yup, Jontron sure was a real edgy guy
>>
>>3637644
>It's bad to get critiques from people who slightly above your level and understand your current thought process better than someone who has been past the stage for decades
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>3637644
Are his shows good?
>>
>>3637906
blog?
>>
>>3637644
uses too much grammar sounds like a grammar faggot

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.