[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Is it actually art if the only reason it is famous is the antics of the "artist"
>>
>>3638243
i'm sure asking a board of young beginner to intermediate artists will answer your loaded, subjective question. great idea OP.
>>
He painted a thing, it was art, then shredded it to being performance art or something. Now it’s 2 art. Lady got a good deal for a million.

But seriously though, is there a point in asking if something is art or not? If it’s intended to be art then just let that person call it that, why even waste time on arguing that?
>>
Also what? Are you saying art has to be famous to be art? That’s pretty bait-y but I think there’s some fun discussion to be had on the point of defining art or not.
>>
>>3638243
There's such a thing as performance art. As long as there's an audience that wants to pretend the it has meaning, then it can be considered art.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (120 KB, 1280x720)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>3638272
>But seriously though, is there a point in asking if something is art or not
Because art isn't me raping a baby and calling it art. There has to be a limit to what can be defined as art by explaining the limit's
>drawing
art
>sculpture
art
>anything that looks like art including graffiti
art

>a toaster and broken window
Not art
>glasses on the floor
Not art
>everything nu-modern art
not art
>>
>>3638290
how are you defining art?
>>
>>3638319
shit I like
>>
File: 38d.jpg (155 KB, 400x505)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
>let's have this super cool thing that categorizes everything free and not imposed by the usual limitations of math and science.
>quick! we need to define it and establish clear definite limits!
>>
>>3638319
>>3638357
This should be on the banner.
>>
>>3638319
its been explained on the post.
>>
>>3638373
Nobody is defining art, we intuitively know that the shit you produce isn't art.
>>
>>3638373
>thinks going naked outside is art
>thinks taking a shit and putting it in a wall is art
>thinks art is anything you can come up with like taking rocks, putting it together into a pile and thinking its art

>Wha-wha- wha- what do you mean what I am doing isn't art. stop limiting me

You right now.
>>
>>3638373
piss on ye
>>
>>3638243
Something doesn't have to be famous to be art.
>>
File: art-is-.png (369 KB, 1153x769)
369 KB
369 KB PNG
>>
>>3638243
>everyone's horrified except the asian woman
>>
>>3638243
It just takes one influential person to say something has value and he can sell it to anyone with enough money to waste, thus giving a piece value.
The art market is just money laundering anyway.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.