[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1616129585631.jpg (55 KB, 272x244)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
Post your stupid questions that don’t deserve their own thread here
>>
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 601x629)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
How can I learn to draw simple manga characters like this one?
>>
>>5311035
These sorts of drawings are just a collection of symbols, simple abstractions combined to reflect a clear emotion. Once you have the basic construction of the head down, it's all just a matter of learning the symbols and placing them correctly so that they seem appealing. It's deceptively easy, but because there's so little detail everything has to be placed juuuuust right or else it comes out looking wonky. Begin with construction, then the symbols, and then grind out as many as you can until you get a 'feel' for how to connect them all together.
>>
>>5311029
Whats the best lineart brush on photoshop?
>>
How do I force myself to draw when I don't enjoy drawing?
>>
>>5311218
How do you do taxes when you hate doing taxes?
>>
>>5311232
I'm a NEET on welfare I don't pay taxes
>>
what's the best resource for studying values?
>>
File: 61672877_p0.jpg (349 KB, 640x800)
349 KB
349 KB JPG
My favorite art program that I like so much and can't replace hasn't layer clipping and masking. Is it a critical? How can I adjust my style (I'm want to color like a pic related) to color pictures without using masks? I need a very thick line and coloring with hard round brush, airbrush and bucket only I guess?
>>
>https://www.izneo.com/en/manga/seinen/blue-period-35954/blue-period-1-82334/read/1

I've been trying to extract the full pages from this reader with no success, have no software experience either, anyone know how I'd be able to? I bought the books btw, this is not for sharing as well, personal art reference use only, but you can only view them online and that pisses me off. Tried searching through "developer tools" but only image files I find are not the pages themselves. It also prevents scrolling screenshots as well, gives me a headache.
>>
>>5312432
Use your phone
>>
>>5312438
No luck there either, I've already asked a few people but nobody seems to know, that's some good player security i guess. why are good digital copies so fucking hard to find damnit.
>>
>>5312432
https://github.com/izneo-get/izneo-get
>>
Got a starter set for oil painting for my birthday yesterday. Where do I even begin? My goal is to be able to eventually paint portraits. I have a good grasp of color theory and some techniques but can’t really draw to give myself a starting outline.

Guess I’m looking for suggestions for beginner friendly things to paint, free online class videos. Just general oil painting advice really.

I’m very thankful for such a generous gift and want to not waste it or ragequit if I just dive in.
>>
>>5312449
holy shit you're a god anon... but can someone with literally 0 coding experience use that method?
>>
>>5312454
hb. there's a billion basics tutorials for oils out there and they all teach the same things, start with simple still life paintings preferably with basic geometric shapes as subjects (cylinder, box, sphere etc.) I'm not going to tell you to learn to draw first but picking up the basics will save you time in the long run especially if your goal is to achieve likeness with portraits
>>
>>5312466
Thanks, I’m definitely over thinking this and your right, start with basic shapes
>>
>>5312462
just tried it with the one comic i own on izneo:
download the zip thing at the very end of the readme (izneo-get-0.08.02) and unpack
rename izneo-get.cfg.sample to izneo-get.cfg
log into your izneo account then look at the cookies and use the values stored in "cfduid" and "c03aab1711dbd2a02ea11200dde3e3d1"
cookies and stick them in the cfg file where it tells you to
i also uncommented the line at the end to add a 1 second delay between page downloads
then run the command line
izneo_get.exe https://www.izneo.com/en/manga/seinen/blue-period-35954/blue-period-1-82334
and it should create a "DOWNLOAD" folder with every page saved as a jpg
>>
I know this gonna sound dumb, but I'm an absolute idiot when it comes to manage my palette with trad media. I always end up wasting paint or making too little of the color I need and fugging everything up with uneven colors. I'd appreciate your best down to basics advices here.
>>
>>5312495
If this really works you might have solved a few hours of trying for me and I can't thank you enough anon.

For the command line, you mean running it in the windows command prompt? I tried but it tells me that izneo_get.exe is not recognised as an executable even though I do have it in the izneo get folder.
>>
>>5312532
well you need to navigate to that folder in the command line first or it wont find it
>>
>>5312454
Check out James Gurney. His books, YouTube, website. In the beginning it's probably best to just experiment and have fun. If you really want to get advanced, check out Alla Prima by Richard Schmidt. But like >>5312466 said, focussing on the basics is really important. Borodante recently made a really good video about learning to paint in general as opposed to learning to paint that ONE THING.
>>
>>5312538
it.. it worked! dude.. I'm deeply grateful, thank you for your explanation and your time anon. I have a huge first comic book deal coming and sort of panic bought the masters' works in hope of studying and learn from them but couldn't do it properly in that player, and hardcovers are just as bad (and a lot more expensive)

thanks again man, you're a life saver.
>>
>>5311029
I'm really struggling with drawing portraits using construction. I spent a while grinding fundies, practicing basic shapes and perspective before starting Huston's head drawing course. Using simple shapes is handy for getting the overall shape of the head down, and the course is useful for proportions and angles, but once I start on features I hit a brick wall. Sometimes I wing it using simple shapes, but features end up looking like they're just stuck to the face (like with lips). Other times I don't even know where to begin using simple shapes to construct a feature (like with ears). I feel like I'm missing something really simple here.
>>
File: download.jpg (322 KB, 1280x1280)
322 KB
322 KB JPG
>>5312746
Have you tried studying the Asaro head? It's a plane-oriented simplification, which is divided in two halfs: an "easy" low-polygon half and a detailed one. Really useful.
>>
>>5312780
Looks good, might be just what I need. Cheers
>>
>try to draw head slightly tilted up with reference
>it keeps coming out at eye-level, not titled upward

I can draw most other angles just fine. What gives, pls advise
>>
>>5312864
your brain will trick you like this until you're able to draw what you actually see. but it will take a bit of work at first, measuring proportions and angles until you can do it by eye.
>>
>>5312391
cute
>>
What is this balloon design thing called?
and from what piece of clothing is it derived from? Is it usually filled in for it to have volume like that or is it like a "sleeve plumper" drapery effect
>>
>>5312998
they are called bloomers
>>
>>5313019
wow thanks you're right... im dumb
>>
>>5312959
It's not my pic (it's 白告姬@呜呜我不会上色), it's my ref I want to be looks like but without using mask layer or clipping.
>>
Please rec me cool youtube channels list as many as you can
>>
>>5312530
maybe use small containers that are air tight?
you can use them as your palette and when you're done you can just close it and use the rest of the paint later.
You can draw a smaller painting with the limited colors you have left?
Also, maybe write down how much of what color you use while mixing? Picking a color and try to recreate it is probably a good way to learn how to mix too i guess
>>
File: whatdis.png (685 KB, 789x636)
685 KB
685 KB PNG
does anyone know what genre/style/era this is?
if not, do you have any more images that feel the same way? doesn't have to be anime.

the instrument images from here also give off the same aesthetic:
https://labs.spitfireaudio.com/#category=&search=&new=true
>>
>>5313113
Phils design corner. I always post this but no one ever responds to me about how awesome this channel is.
>>
>>5312555
Thanks for all the references anon. I decided to just jump right in, attempt to sketch an outline and slap some paint around. No harm in a kinesthetic approach to something new for the first time.

I’m honor of all the warhammer orks and goblins I painted that opened the door to being more creative and trying all sorts of mediums I’m gonna paint “da bad moon”
>>
File: repost.png (3.38 MB, 1500x1500)
3.38 MB
3.38 MB PNG
Why are some artists so concerned about reposts?

Isn't the watermark enough? Putting that note as well would just make someone more likely to remove both the watermark and "do not repost" in the corner imo.
>>
>>5313746
I think it comes from the fear that reposts siphon potential eyeballs from the source. I personally see it the same way as fan-created content, as long as you dont scrub out the authour's name like scum, its fine
>>
>>5313754
This. As long as people can find your blog to see more of your shit, what's wrong with free advertising?
>>
how do i emulate this style?
https://youtu.be/nROvY9uiYYk
>>
>>5313746
Because not all artists want be famous and get a random subscribers. "No reposts" (it there really no reposts!) guarantees than no random peoples know about you (through watermark or saucenao), so you will safe from haters. Only people chosen by you can be your subscribers and watchers.
Of course this is useless if you upload art on sites which have a "recommended" function, such as Pixiv, DA etc. because it will feed your arts to random peoples.
>>
>>5313746
Because they hate seeing their art get maybe 1k likes tops while it gets reposted on someone else's page and gets tens of thousands of likes. They want that sweet sweet dopamine hit all to themselves.
>>
File: 1617338996203.jpg (670 KB, 3400x2189)
670 KB
670 KB JPG
does anyone know what book this is from? i remember reading it a long time ago but i can't remember the title, i saw this screencap posted here a bit ago
>>
>>5314249
Wayne Gilbert - Simplified Drawing for Planning Animation
>>
how do you choose consistent colors even when the illustration have different feeling and mood? do own pallete specific color and use it everytime u draw?
>>
>>5314222
ive seen an artist on twitter ask that some random user stop using a painting of theirs as their avatar. i thought that was really weird, why would you give a shit
>>
File: snoopy thinking.png (4 KB, 221x170)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
do you need to be a good writer to make a good comic? how much is visual storytelling tied to text based narratives?
>>
Oil painting beginner anon back with a question.

So I'm aware you wanna start with a more solvent medium when you first start on the blocking and try to keep the fatty slower drying paint on the top most layer using different mediums. My question is, are you always mixing different mediums into oil paint? Or is it more of a desired effect thing most of the time? Like do I ever just paint straight out the tube?
>>
>>5314399
That sounds like more of a usage rights thing, and honestly the artist has every right to make people stop using their art as an avatar icon. It just comes off as kind of stupid or bitchy.
>>
>>5314586

Writing not necessarily but storytelling yes. There's plenty of compelling visual comics that have zero formal writing. Look at Shaun tan "the arrival" or Fabien Vehlmann, "Beautiful Darkness". So you still have to know how to tell a story.
>>
>>5314382
Can you rephrase this?
>>
>>5314660
"what are lighting effects"
>>
>>5312432
Just wait until mangadex is back up again.
>>
>>5312998
Where is this from?
>>
>>5314711
diebuster
>>
>>5314605

You can opt to paint with paint straight from the tube, but it will not flow as well as when you do use a medium. Ipersonally dislike it. I tend to do block-ins with paint with only gamsol, after that I use my medium that's liquin, stand oil and gamsol as per my teacher's instructions. Works fine.
>>
>>5312208
In my opinion, try to understand color in pictures of artists you love, play around in your favorite painting medium, try using shades you'd not normally use.

The thing always works best for me and people I've heard tho is just going outside and seeing how light affects different materials under different lights, how color bounces off and such
>>
How do I get face expression and exact proportions right? I found that starting from the eyes helps a lot, but still doesn't work everytime.
>>
>>5314718
I have no fucking idea what I’m doing, luckily I know a pretty experienced oil painter who’s willing to come over and give me some tips hopefully tomorrow.
>>
do i also do longer poses with pen?
>>
>>5314846
try to imagine the skull and the muscles pushing underneath
if you don't know much about that check out Scott Eaton and/or Anatomy of Facial Expressions
>>
I wanted to start researching and practicing composition, so I watched a youtube video to have an introduction to it but then I'm reminded like, is this even something a beginner should worry about? I feel like I just wont be able go draw things well enough to fit into the composition since I still have trouble with perspective and anatomy

Should composition just take a backseat til I'm better at drawing?
>>
>>5314951

I think you will benefit from using a medium. Also try mixing colours. Oils are to be used, don’t be afraid of it. You can only get better at them if you use them.
>>
>>5315975
Oh yeah I definetly wanna get good with mediums, the texture that some of them give is the main appeal of oil painting to me. I think I’m just intimidated by “real” art since painting models is essentially a coloring book in a way. Haven’t given up! Just gotta practice
>>
>>5315920
Never put off composition. Learn it while you can, it takes a while to master. No harm in practicing it while you do all your other studies.
>>
Is it normal for me to be unable to trace as a low tier /beg/? I've been trying to trace circles for a few days now and I can barely follow the lines, fast or slow. My freehand circles are pretty decent and a lot better than when I try to trace.
>>
File: 1564102661193.jpg (21 KB, 640x450)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>5316152
Alrighty
>>
File: file.png (160 KB, 513x729)
160 KB
160 KB PNG
If there's a mirror in the scene, does it have it's own horizon line diferent from the "real" one?
>>
File: aaaaaaa.png (1.94 MB, 1454x1079)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB PNG
how do I find my tablet pen, I fucking lost it in my dirty ass pen
>>
I don't care much about art or stuff like that, I just wanna be able to draw my waifu. Do I still need to grind 200 boxes and all that stuff they're always talking about in /beg/?
So far I've been copying from reference to loosen my hand.
>>
File: azuma uuagj.png (401 KB, 373x557)
401 KB
401 KB PNG
>>5317133
room*
i mean
>>
>>5315920
composition is a part of "soul" even if your technical skills arent good you can still get something somewhat interesting if you have good composition, so dont neglect it and become someone that only does studies and never actual drawings
>>
>>5317169
Any learning material recommendation for it? I just dow loaded a part of a class for thumbnailing and it was just him drawing studies of simple shapes in real life which was a little boring.
Can it also just come better naturally the more I build my visual library?
>>
Will using a non display tablet (Intuous Pro M) keep me a /beg/ forever?
>>
Any alternative to Google Form for commission sheet that shows total up of every single extras in real time?
I'm too broke to commission some code monkey tranny to create an interactive website.
>>
>>5317184
Framed Ink: Drawing and Composition for Visual Storytellers
FRAMED INK FRAME FORMAT ENERGY & COMPOSITITION: Frame Format, Energy, and Composition for Visual Storytellers
creative illustration by andrew loomis
>>
I can't remember the title but the book is about Disney Animation tricks that I used to stumble upon on /ic/ years ago. The cover features a part of 101 Dalmatians and sketches if I'm not mistaken. Can anyone help me what I'm talking about as I need to find that book.
>>
File: C5b6kibUsAEwPiJ.jpg (64 KB, 690x634)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>5317146
>So far I've been copying from reference to loosen my hand
pyw
you don't need to learn hyperrealistic face to draw anime, as long as it's decent is enough
Just learn the planes of the face and skull
This is from Sasamori Tomoe
https://twitter.com/sasamomi/status/835130352712609792
https://twitter.com/punopupupu/status/1253857220933988354
Most JP learn realistic face first then anime.
Your main focus should be perspective and accuracy
https://drawabox.com/
https://www.dorian-iten.com/accuracy/
>>
>>5317435
Thanks
>>
File: 1615721387006.png (43 KB, 184x221)
43 KB
43 KB PNG
How do people even break away from drawing everything in a basic perspective? I keep wanting to try something more interesting but know it'll probably fall apart so I end up just drawing yet another basic pose in full view
Then when I want to crop a drawing I feel like someone would say "haha you could out the legs, top of head, arms etc" if I try to improve the composition
I dunno... I practice boxes in perspective with horizon line and VPs and all but there's so much more to art than that
>>
File: EnKH2NhVkAAN3bV.jpg (154 KB, 1489x1420)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
How do I start drawing stuff without lineart and just colors like in pic rel? What's this style even called?
>>
File: 9354.jpg (259 KB, 1200x829)
259 KB
259 KB JPG
I can only fine line art but I can't do any rendering for shit .

Just tell me show I can learn and practice rendering the form
>>
>>5317595
painting. it's not a style. you just kinda paint it while already done dozens of studies of your subject prior.
>>
how the fuck do i get the color wheel and other stuff back onto the other side on krita
i had to redownload and idk how the fuck to put it back and im literally unable to draw if its not exactly how i like
>>
>>5317288
No, you’ll just learn to use it better.
>>
File: 4b8a772656c59b34.jpg (557 KB, 1078x1452)
557 KB
557 KB JPG
How come there isn't a host website for artists/comic-/manga-authors that employs a similar method to youtube to pay them?
>>
>>5318000
Just drag the dockers? Save it to a workspace on the topright too
>>
File: 5HXkqzx.png (345 KB, 564x563)
345 KB
345 KB PNG
Does someone know how these lines come about? are they just streched skin between flexed abs and inflated ribcage?
>>
How do i paint good
>>
I know how to draw lineart, why the fuck is painting so difficult? where are the tutorials on this?
>>
File: EyQqmXWU8AYgow7.jpg (1.76 MB, 2860x2004)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB JPG
How does people not get lost in the construction lines when the work flow is this dense?
>>
>>5318836
bro this is some hyper autist shit right here
just feel the form nigga
>>
>>5318862
That didn't answer the question.
>>
>>5318873
>just feel the form nigga
yes it did
>>
File: 673000288_640.jpg (38 KB, 640x360)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
Did Croquis Cafe change the password of their model photo database away from ENTER?

Anyone know what it is now?
>>
>>5318961
>>5318972
Croquis Cafe is sub based now. Youtube started reporting all their videos and they gave up and mvoed to vimeo, and then vimeo started charging for people to use the platform and they had to change to a sub based model.
Sucks.
>>
Is there a good character generator?
>>
why is it so hard for me to slow down
>>
>>5318442
>are they just streched skin between flexed abs and inflated ribcage?
I think that's it
>>
how do i start to eternalize proportions? they're always off
>>
>>5319067
Yeah, in your heart
>>
>>5319190
like i just can't do studies for to long
i'm retarded
>>
How much does it cost to outsource inbetweening to India?
>>
>>5319297
What do I do when I have none?
>>
>>5319350
Isn't it more like $0.02 per minute?
>>
>>5319292
Gesture
>>
>>5317451
The Animator's Survival Kit?
>>
>>5311029
How does one study someone elses artwork?
I was thinking of drawing the image, then tracing it to see what I did wrong
>>
File: EshG8lAXcAEsmGG.png (77 KB, 500x404)
77 KB
77 KB PNG
How do I stop drawing heavy handed
>>
>>5319705
Use an easel
>>
>>5319029
what a shame. Any other resource that has their model on a turntable?
>>
If you unsubsribe to someone's Fanbox for the month, and subscribe back, do you end up paying double for that one month?
>>
I'm planning to take the Steve Huston route for figure drawing. How do I go on about studying if I have access to his NMA videos and pdf?
>>
File: 1523033913853.gif (983 KB, 500x364)
983 KB
983 KB GIF
So, you niggas know the whole "look, hold, draw" thing? How long should I be looking at my subject during this? Take for instance a jaw line, should I try to hold the entire jawline in my mind or should I be breaking it up with this process?
Also, should I ever draw without taking my eyes off the subject? Where I am making marks but I'm not looking at them?
>>
File: Ev9h6P6WQAYHFIh.png (354 KB, 1200x981)
354 KB
354 KB PNG
How long do i need to grind boxes to be able to draw something like this?
>>
>>5319350
>>5319518
Can you try giving a real answer next time?
>>
File: dumb shit.png (78 KB, 300x219)
78 KB
78 KB PNG
I know that to draw realistic people from imagination you need to draw from life but do I need to make polished figure drawings to do this? can I get away with just doing a lot quick sketches of models?
>>
>>5320132
a week
>>
>>5320132
if you spend 5 hours a day studying the artists you like alongside doing studies of mechanical stuff that interests you, maybe a year or so. just make sure to take breaks and enjoy life or you'll have an existential crisis
>>
>>5320132
if you only grind boxes, you will never be able to draw something like that
>>
File: 1617549477175.png (201 KB, 900x1200)
201 KB
201 KB PNG
Tips on how to render like pic related?
>>
Can i bugabaga with soft brush to pshpshplashaka in procreate?
>>
when i draw im retarded
when i dont im also
but thats not the point
i keep going greyscale when im coloring to see....
what the fuck am i looking for? right now im just checking whether something blends into background or does not
how to use greyscale view? help
thanks
>>
there's so many things i want to draw and feels like there's so little time
how do you narrow it down for yourself?
>>
File: bash.jpg (390 KB, 1200x1232)
390 KB
390 KB JPG
>>5311029
Are photobashers literally faking sketches now? If you look at godzilla in the b/w "sketch" you can see the same scales as in the finished piece with just some paint blobs over it. It's as if they went out of their way to make the process seem like it involves more painting than it actually does
>>
>>5321335
is it even a photobash when you're not even drawing over a photo? you're just making a digital illustration look even worse
>>
File: artists are shooketh.jpg (100 KB, 1280x719)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>5311029
for those who draw with a screenless tablet, do you rotate the canvas or not?

if you only draw one way will that hinder your progress in the future?

draw a box guy says to rotate your paper

many pros don't rotate their canvas or paper

what do?
>>
>>5321351
Looks like a 3d render, but it's the same basic concept
>>
>>5321372
Syd Mead rotated his paper, that's good enough for me.
>>
>>5321384
i love you.
>>
Oh fuck I think I’m starting to get it
>>
File: 1617736133044.png (2.91 MB, 2560x1440)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB PNG
how do I make strokes like this?
https://youtu.be/FKkIsYifylc?t=2069

from what Ive seen its generally an asian thing. are there any videos/texts talking about this?
>>
How do I get myself to turn inward amd find inspiration from within? I want to explore what makes my art "me" and find ideas from my own mind; I want to stop being bombarded with millions of other artwork that incite a sense of inferiority and constant indecisiveness on how I want my stuff to look.
If I recall correctly I think it was Van Gogh who managed to fuck off to some house and avoided being overly influenced by other painters of the time. Unfortunately I am not independent and stuck with college and shitty assignments, so I'm not sure how I will be able to achieve this.
>>
>>5322354
nigga just draw lmao
>>
Is Keys to drawing as good as people say it is?
>>
>>5322354
I think true uniqueness is impossible today. Every single thing I've thought of has been done before. Embrace coom.
>>
>>5322354
there isnt a single artist who was free from influences, "finding your style" is just sifting through your influences picking the bits you find appealing. van gogh was a fraud and his art is shit
>>
>>5322354
Pretentious /begs/ are the worst
>>
>>5322354
what makes your art "you" is that you made it. No one forced you, yet you chose to draw that loli, what she is wearing, the pose, the lineart, etc and that's the expression of the (soul). The colors you use, even when taken from someone else still are yours because you chose them, you chose specifically that artstyle or way of mixing colors. Anything you make will have the "you" stamped on it even when it's not original.
Your interests = your individuality.
It has nothing to do with exposure to artworks or some bullshit finding yourself type of things. So just draw.
>>
File: sybasjq9txl11.jpg (166 KB, 1080x1440)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
>>5311029
How do I move from traditional drawing to digital? I feel like I just lost years of practice whenever I attempt it.
>>
>>5322453
don't worry, you won't need the same years of practice to relearn
>>
>>5322453
Make sure your tablet is properly calibrated so its not distorting the shit you draw.
It takes a few months and learning your software.
>>
Do people normal start drawing characters starting from the head or body? I always feel like I misplace the head, keys to drawing says to always focus on large shapes first
>>
>>5321288
help
>>
>>5322916
I start with the head, then do the gesture. Then I lay in big forms, to small forms.
>>
File: 4L_0A4bbA8f.jpg (37 KB, 567x567)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>5311029
How long does it take to read an artbook? I ask this because i'd rather be drawing than reading theory however i do understand the importance of artbooks.
>>
>>5311029
Where do you buy commissions? Specifically NSFW, price is no object unless it looks like shit and costs $400
>>
Ive been grinding art fundamentals so all i do is 99% studies and sketches and as a result i fucking suck massive chode at coloring.
just downright dogshit at it, I understand value but i still have no idea how to choose "good" colors. I use digital. so for anything i finish i have to color pick from other artists cause otherwise the colors i choose just looks ass. How do I improve this?
I know james gurney's color and light is often recommended but i am terrible at keeping focused through heavily worded books, so i could never get through it. Should I force myself through it? + is there any tips or resources anyone could give me for getting better at color?
>>
>>5323061
from me
>>
what if i wany to draw realism AND anime?
>>
>>5322916
I start from crotch, then legs and body and the last is head. It's easier to maintain the character's height.
>>
File: Render 2.png (931 KB, 3507x2480)
931 KB
931 KB PNG
I heard about Discord servers where they post and buy commissions, are they good?
I don't use discord
>>
I want to start a patreon but not sure with setting the best membership pricing options.
I'm not too shabby but still far off from the quality and quantity that a artist like cutesexyrobutts level delivers.

I'm thinking per month at
1euro - Low resolutions like the ones I post on twitter and without watermark
3euro - Orignal resolutions

Is this fair to start about?
I never used patreon before but can I adjust the prices later too?
>>
is there a way to learn to want to draw ? the lifestyle of being an artist and the idea of Making Art appeal greatly to me but due to a lack of creativity and motivation i am seldom particularly compelled to Create. has anyone overcome these struggles?
>>
>>5323680
>uppercaser
ok
>>
>>5323680
Why are low IQ losers from the Anglosphere always so proud of the fact that they know one language? Like we get it, there's nothing in life that you know other than your native fucking language. Nice, your mediocre English is surely something to write home about.
I know Finnish, German and English all at level C1 because I wasn't born in a shithole like the USA where stupidity is basically worshiped. Unironically proud of being an ESL because I get to flex on monolingual burgers like you.
>>
>>5323718
I am English and can speak Welsh and German. It is painfully obvious when a poster is an ESL. I find it funny that you immediately assumed I'm an American, considering I assumed the poster I was calling an ESL was American. It's clear as day when some retarded Indian, spic or other mystery meat is posting. I mean, seriously. Spaces between question marks? Random capitalisation? They are everywhere on the internet these days. Don't forget that every three seconds an Indian accesses the internet for the first time.
>>
File: 00.jpg (138 KB, 1024x576)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>>5323718
>>
>>5323725
bro.. the thing is champ... im not even esl x.x . it's called Style ...
>>
where's the best place to keep a public archive of your old artwork? I've been thinking about cleaning up my gallery so it's more in line with my current style, but I'd feel bad for the people who liked the old artwork suddenly couldn't find it anymore
>>
>>5311029
There was a website along time ago, I think it was Japanese, and it was basically a 3d gallery with a bunch of random poses with male and female mannequins, except the mannequins did not have skin so you could see straight to the muscle. I THINK you could also rotate the figures in your browser. Pretty sure it had "pose" in the name .
I quit drawing years ago (stupid mistake) but I used to go to the website all the time for study. I've started to draw again and wanted to find the site again. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
>>
>>5323737
posemaniacs but it looks 2 b down nowabouts
>>
>>5323017
how long it takes kinda depends on which ones. but drawing is completely pointless if you don't understand what you're doing while you do it. find time in the day to get through, read a page or two while you're shitting, eating lunch, sitting on a bus, just grind through it when you wouldn't be drawing anyway
unless you draw while you're shitting in which case you're definitely gmi
>>
>>5323124
bump, probably wrote too long so TLDR
how 2 get good at coloring?
>>
File: Mirror.png (84 KB, 646x896)
84 KB
84 KB PNG
>>5317110
It depends of the position and angle of both the viewer and the mirror.
Try it with a mirror/front camera
>>
>>5324290
The secret is learn values
>>
grab a object like a toy car, and look at it really close until you say "hey, this view looks good for a movie scene".
try this Irl with random objects around you (people. buildings), you will be able to imagine these views when drawing
>>
When using a really small pocket sketchbook, are you supposed to hold it in one hand and draw with the other? Or do you set it down on a table or something?
>>
>>5324364
no it's not, i know about values and lighting but i cant choose color for shit
>>
File: image0-88.jpg (33 KB, 500x375)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
Holy moly
Is the secret to gesture drawing from imagination trying to tell a story with the figure? I've been blank minded when trying to draw them without reference, then with reference I just get upset and bored all of the refs are those really artsy poses
>>
File: img_2694_2_copy.jpg (806 KB, 1902x1427)
806 KB
806 KB JPG
what filter or whatever do people use to get this texture/paper?lighting??|
I know this is very unspecific so Ill try to post at least one more example but you know the kind i mean. the tumblr-y nostalgia-y watercolor with a weird warm lantern light type feel?????????
I know this is somethign so obvious but I can't think of how to word it into a google machine
>>
>>5324569
uh. imagine the thing you're drawing? I guess? What GESTURE is the gesture ya dig? What's the hand doing? What's the person turning /jumping for? stuff like that might help you picture it better i guess.

Yeah i dont know why arty poses are the thing I guess fat bitches wanna post their nudes or something. The point is more so about how they're oddly extended etc so as to make you think about different angles and shapes and such forth
>>
>>5324589
forgot my picture cause im a dumb fucking idiot bich anyways im p sure this one is like an instagram filter or something so i guess that explains it but I want like idk retro pop or something? How do i word it so i can research it pls
>>
File: 1568386790386.png (706 KB, 1250x1000)
706 KB
706 KB PNG
How can your cure depression because I slept like 20 hours today and then I try to work on a few paintings and cried like a little bitch. Its been like a month since I last posted something. I don't care about followers (that's its whole rant by itself.) but I would like to draw faster. I'm too self conscious to post sketches because then it'll only be sketches. I just cant draw when my soul feels a crushing pain, its crushing my heart. Only time I feel functioning is when I am high. I take edibles, I like to nibble on the gummies like a rat to keep a buzz without getting too lazy. I hate smoking, the smell, the whole act with the arm. My medication didn't work this well.
Don't tell me to go on a walk and love myself. those don't work. I also take my vitamins.
Does electroshock therapy and how does that work? How does one go about asking for it?
>>
>>5324593
here's one more but I guess this one is more so just a texture or something some noise? im done wasting post counts now thanks if anyone can help
>>
>>5324591
Artsy poses are a thing because they try to teach how to exaggerate expression, so it's easier to take one step back and tell stories with casual poses
Or something
>>
ive been drawing for nearly 4 years now and ive done nothing but avoid learning in depth anatomy properly
so basically real imagination drawing im incapable of doing but i can produce fantastic stuff with all the tools at my disposal
youd only be able to know about my secret if you put me in front of a blank canvas and handed me a pencil and told me to draw a figure without a model in front of me
>>
File: uwuuuu.png (1.99 MB, 1344x1920)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB PNG
>>5324594
Whatever I say might seem canned but just keep in mind I'm fresh out of lifelong depression and I can only try to relate in a way that you can understand. If not then just ignore it and skip to part 2 or w/e

part 1. probably most likely you just need to stop being a little bitch. I mean wah sounds rude whatever you get what I mean. It's more than that though honestly it's more so like you have certain behaviours run through your brain like a river. That river leaves a hollow space and it's easier for the "water" to flow that way next time, you know.. how rivers work. So basically you're gonna have to work your ass off and catch yourself being a lil bitch nigga and man up in those moments. I'm not really wanting to type a bunch so I'm going to ignore the probable protestations of muhh its not dat easy muhhh im not a bitch. The fact of the matter is you need to correct a behavior.
This might not help you stop your depression but what I personally found, myself, in my multiple decades of dealing with crushing depression literal crushing heavy don't even want to move but in a literal way not a lzy way depression, is that it stops the constant cycle of depressing into a depressing depression because you're depressed type ordeal. That for me was the thing that was worse than it all.

Part 2 is harder or easier i dunno if you like people or don't. I can't stand em probably you same cause you're here right now. Anyways I think a very large part for me personally was shedding the rotten fruit of the people around me who were no good for me. Here's the thing. You don't wanna be an asshole and not help your annoying aunt move her fucking fish tank or whatever but it's totally just ruined your whole shit.
Fucking don't. Fuck em. It's time to get selfish you need to watch out for yourself. Obviously this will burn some bridges but think seriously if they've ever been a benefit to you for any reason other than a situation where it was demanded/necessary. pic rel8
>>
>>5324597
I think people well versed in anatomy will be able to tell. Did you know that you can tell someone's a tranny by their hips and arms? Obviously this is an extreme example and not always the case but yeah.
Also I always loved anatomy but I think you're in a good spot to learn it now since you know how to make it work without it learning how to use it will only make you better so that's pretty neat at least. hell yeah bros I am in the same boat as you but with color and shading!!!!!!! shhhhh
>>
I saw a picture of an old looking (I think) white guy drawing asses and plump bodies posted on /v/, who is he? I assume he might be a well known art teacher. it was a pencil drawing if I remember correctly.
>>
>>5324610
Vilppu
>>
>>5324602
This nigga went super saiyan and gave you a character limit worth of life advice and a pastel watercolor of friendship. Damn, now IM not depressed anymore either.
>>
>>5324595
>>5324593
>>5324589
If you're using photoshop, the option is called Filters> Add noise. Theres only a handful of settings in the filter options so you can change it up to your liking, I prefer monochromatic because it gaves it that paperlike feel. and Gaussian setting seems to work best because its spread evenly.
Keep in mind this is all done at the very very end of the process, not during or in the beginning since it is a destructive process. Also, you need to flatten the entire image so that the add noise filter affects the entire image evenly.
>>5324593
On this image, they duplicated the lineart layer and changed its hue to a pink color while keeping the original black layer on top. They took the pink lineart layer and applied a gaussian blur (also in filters). Try it and you will see.
Let me know if you still dont get it.
>>
File: 1567971629653m.jpg (273 KB, 815x1024)
273 KB
273 KB JPG
What are the best resources for learning to draw architecture/buildings? I've tried copying from reference but I feel like I'm not approaching it in the right way. Should I just read books for actual architects or is there a specific, simplified approach that artists can take?
>>
i'd like to make a DIY drawing board, any recommendations?
>>
>>5324610
its vilppu and it was just a photoshop

https://online-courses.club/?s=vilppu
>>
>>5324636
>Keep in mind this is all done at the very very end of the process, not during or in the beginning since it is a destructive process. Also, you need to flatten the entire image so that the add noise filter affects the entire image evenly.
Thanks I figured this but I wasn't sure. I use CC2018 primarily. Thanks for the info. a TON. I just really like the feel of it so I want to try out printing a poster with that effect.
>>
>>5324594
Sounds like you’re a lazy drugged up neet who probably likes video games too
>>
are the procreate brush threads banned/done for? what happened?
>>
Is
>Human shoulders are 2 heads on their side
>Chest is 50% of a head wider than head on each side
Right or no? Its strangely hard to find info on how WIDE people are, everywhere just goes over height. This is all I can find anywhere and it seems to match up with actually looking at people but less so on men.
>>
File: 1604056077515.jpg (41 KB, 500x332)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
are there any art discords with good artists who give good critiques if so may i join one pls
>>
How do you know what to draw? When I sit in front of a blank page I'm faced with the sheer potential of it, it could be anything, so why is my mind as blank as the page?
>>
>copy shit from art you like
how though? theres a load of pieces i can look at and pick out things i'd like to impliment into my own work (how they stylize a part of the body, how they pick colors, etc) but i've no idea how im ment to figure out how to replicate it.
>>
File: Exza-HZVEAYSA1T.jpg (661 KB, 1793x2999)
661 KB
661 KB JPG
https://twitter.com/dong_hole/status/1377217049462591489/photo/1
if I wanted to get this specific work printed
what would be the best place for a canvas/big 11x17 poster? and would pulling it from twitter be high enough res to come out nice or would I need to request original from the artist
I find the piece very beautiful but artist comes and goes a lot
>>
>>5326031
I stumble upon the idea of what I want to draw and then pull out the piece of paper/open the drawing program
your mind is as blank as the page because you have nothing to pull from for ideas
you are staring at nothing and trying to force it
Like i'll see a friends OC and have an idea or want to see them doing a certain action then I start to draw
I dont stare at clip studio and hope I think about my friends oc randomly then start to draw
>>
>>5326293
>your mind is as blank as the page because you have nothing to pull from for ideas
>you are staring at nothing and trying to force it
I hadn't considered these before, thank you anon. I think I can figure out a path forwards thanks to you.
>>
Why is male anatomy so much harder to draw than female anatomy?
>>
I've been drawing for almost two years already.
How many years until I can draw like my favorite coom artist?
>>
>>5326031
>White: a blank page or canvas. His favorite. So many possibilities...
>>
>>5311029
How do you guys manage your horniness when drawing coom? I often find it gets really distracting while I'm drawing.
>>
>>5326381
take testosterone blockers and inject some estrogen. Works wonders
>>
>>5326381
draw gay porn

>>5326371
depends

>>5326356
its not

>>5326036
make forgeries, if you dont know where to start

>>5325818
just feel your proportions

>>5325739
procreate kinda sucks

>>5325654
Two chairs and a giant clipboard. Or buy an easel/horse

>>5325637
look up architecture movements/architecture from different cultures. Categorize and focus your studies

>>5324385
either way

>>5323734
your own website?

>>5323676
Loomis/Vilppu. Draw from reference then draw from imagination

>>5323187
look up korean/chinese webcomic style drawings

>>5322363
meh. dont bother. go study vilppu

>>5321327
start with figures + linear perspective. Then branch out

>>5320785
Loomis

>>5319940
timed poses. Do both short and long poses, every day. also study anatomy

>>5313773
>>5319695
copy

>>5317921
>>5318713
Vilppu's modelling tone

>>5317575
gymnastics/dancing videos. pause and draw

>>5316181
forget circles/dexterity exercises. just have fun drawing ;)

>>5314955
you can :/
>>
>>5326381
try not being a virgin. I personally wouldn't coom to my own drawings but i think they're hot i guess
>>
>>5326470
can you do one for my half-water color. I left the lineart on max so it was more visible but it's not intended to be i just was half hoping someone would bitch at me when i posted it
>>5324602
>>5324602
>>
>>5311029
Do most clients for print actually prefer to do their own CMYK conversion? i.e. should you typically deliver a rgb file instead of say a tiff with a CMYK profile?
>>
>>5326470
ok then, a general brush sharing thread? they were so popular and stopped all of a sudden and i just find that weird. i'd pop one up myself but i dont have the link to the mega to get it started.
>>
>>5323017
Personally I treat art books like a textbook rather than a novel you read cover to cover. If I'm confused about a particular thing (for instance, how the leg connects to the body) then I can just look up that particular section in Hampton or whatever and do the relevant studies and exercises instead of waiting until I've read everything that came before it.

This is especially important for books like How to Draw where the chapters past the 5th one or so stop building on one another.
>>
>>5326752
I guess I'm confused by your question.
I make prints/vinyl stickers etc but the file would just be nice to have in CMYK i dont see why it would be an issue one way or the other unless the printer gets annoyed at converting them all the time. I send mine as CMYK if I send it to another printer/design place, if that helps.
(I would like to understand your question)
>>
>>5315920
What channel is that?
>>
H-hi, everyone... Can you help me to estimate the weirdness of my picture concept and how much I can be blamed for it if it appears in my gallery? In the search of refs I saw a many cute half-transparent slime girl pictures and decided to draw a lava lamp and teapot in the form of anime girls because it can be cute (I have a teapot which profile similar to a girl's and can draw from nature) but I'm afraid that others can find it too weird and strike me. Can this type of monster girl be acceptable or I should stop this and start to draw something more usual and "officially approved" (such as slime girls, mermaids, chimeras, furry, futas etc. despite I don't like them)?
>>
redpill me on shape language
i think i know the basics but seems more complex the way some people explain it
>>
Where do you post your art? People used to use tumblr, but they don't allow anything nsfw anymore right? Instagram? DeviantArt? Artstation? I want to start building an online presence
>>
How comfortable Paintstorm Studio comparing to Clip Studio Paint? I tried the demo and think that access to brush settings is a little confused.
>>
what are some good tags and hashtahs to use when posting your OCs on Twitter, Tumblr, Pixiv, and Newgrounds? something tells me I should use more than "OC, Original Character". and is deviantart even a good place for posting art? when I think of deviantart I think of 12 year olds posting MS paint tier artwork
>>
how do you draw boxes in perspective that dont have lines that go off to the vanishing point? i'm talking about "tumbling" boxes.
>>
>>5326764
im guessing most artists just have a few brushes that they use over and over again. It's not like video courses or art books where they're constantly looking for more. idk
>>
>>5326918
im going to steal your idea

>>5326968
shape language is based on reality. Circular objects may resemble soft and friendly objects, but the moment you make it orange it starts to look like lava and can be dangerous.

Just focus on associations and metaphors when designing. And theres no right or wrong answer to these things, its all subjective
>>
File: miami.png (26 KB, 800x900)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
How do I stop feeling embarrassed to draw porn? I have a few really good ideas for some porn animations but I always end up feeling severely embarrassed when drawing porn. I could be seriously making bank if I could just get over this one little hurdle.
>>
>>5326918
Who would "strike" you? Who cares what you draw. I feel if you draw what you like it will translate into something better because you will be having more enjoyable time and "care" more. This is debatable of course but you get my point probably.
>>
Can someone link me to some resources / examples of painted value studies that look somewhat 3d? Tutorial would be a bonus.
Pic semi related.
>>
File: Untitled-39.jpg (165 KB, 1600x1138)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
>>5327947
The vanishing points can and will be in different place(s) if they are not aligned with the main perspective grid.

They might be on the horizon line, or if tumbling vertically, then the points may be off the horizon line completely.

It's a good question, and is often left as an elephant in the room in most perspective tutorials. They just pretend everything fits into a 1,2 or 3 point perspective grid. In real life most objects do not align perfectly to those grids, which leads to a lot of frustration and confusion. The grids are useful for the larger objects (ie. buildings, cars etc.) But as you get more detailed, certain objects might be aligned to a different grid.

Pic related shows multiple points (3) on the horizon line.

Look for a tutorial on multi point perspective. Or find a photograph and plot out the objects to find their vanishing points.
>>
So, heres a question I have been wanting to ask for years. I have not asked this because it is heavily frowned upon.

What are your thoughts on nude child photography?

Now I know that paedophilla would be the standard argruement. But for those of us that are normal humans that do not sexualize children; what is wrong with it? They are innocent, and ignorant that there is even something wrong with having no clothes on.
And it is not (or at least should not be) sexual because of their underdeveloped bodies.
>>
File: New Canvas.png (31 KB, 176x171)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
>>5328212
I don't want some greasy ass mf taking pictures of children without their clothes on. nothing even close to that should exist anon come on! is this even an art question? why do you want pictures of naked children to be normalized?
>>
>>5328212
Oh boy, here comes the shitshow.
>>
>>5328212
Based if not my child
>>
>>5328212
Tread lightly. Very few people can do that art form correctly without bringing a whole load of shit down upon themselves.
>>
We’ve just been taught that nudity is downright sexual so having a child be naked in a picture is just gross.
>>
File: file.png (399 KB, 534x489)
399 KB
399 KB PNG
Is there a good term for with extremely flashy visuals? Best examples I can think of are these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE2hEebqqw4
https://youtu.be/l01qXRiNp_c
>>
>>5328350
*for very simple/minimalist shapes used in extremely flashy ways?
>>
>>5311232
those tax websites that do them for free are easy and walk you through them. it's pretty quick as long as you're poor but if you're not poor, pay someone to do them
>>
>>5318442
obliques
>>
How do I get a proper sleep schedule? Does Melatonin ever lose effectiveness?
>>
is there a working cracked Design Doll latest version or a working keygen for it, or are we still stuck to v4.whatever for cracked/keygen?
>inb4 tracing
I don't even draw digitally
>>
>>5328185
thanks for your help. i'll look for that.
>>
File: file.png (480 KB, 596x849)
480 KB
480 KB PNG
Where would the light hit the flowers?
>>
>>5328468
Depends on the angle if the planes. You have to make that decision for yourself
>>
Anyone have any experience using Clip Studio Paint on Linux? Krita's starting to get on my nerves but I don't want to switch to Windows just for one program.
>>
>>5328572
Never mind, tried running the trial with Wine and it crashes on startup. Fuck everything
>>
>>5328572
Try AzPainter first. It's native linux and free. Also Paintstorm has a linux version.
>>
>>5328572
Noo cuz I'm not gayyy! xD
>>
What is the best way to keep your art from feeling stiff? I'm high /beg/ or so, and I feel like the thing keeping me from being /int/ is that the final products I produce always feel very flat and stiff. I realize I should practice gesture, 3D forms etc., what are the best resources that teach those things? I feel like most figure drawing courses and such that I have seen gloss over the concepts in the beginning and then move on to constructing the human body, anatomy and so on
>>
how many books do I have to read to git gud
>>
>>5329024
about tree fiddy
>>
>>5311218
Discipline
>>
File: Software.png (440 KB, 1263x732)
440 KB
440 KB PNG
which software is this?
>>
what do I want to draw
>>
>>5329147
artrage I think
>>
in digital painting, what's the difference between "painting skin" and "rendering skin"?
i recently started drawing in digital
>>
>>5329147
It's ArtRage.
>>
>>5311029
Best resources to learn rendering with a pencil (courses, books etc)? I want to draw like pic related.
>>
>>5317147
it's under the bed
>>
>>5326918
>>5327959
I want to see it...
>>
Resources to get good at color?
>>
>>5326381
Jerk off before you draw.
>>
>>5327960
Question your embarrassment and the things that led you to it. Unlearn the shame, and your creativity will flow.
>>
Should an /int/ pick up "Fun with a Pencil"?
>>
>>5329820
But it's demoralizing... And restoring takes a long time. It's often not recommended to *** before work.
>>
>>5329961
no, it's a waste of time
>>
how the fuck do i find a reference for a really specific pose? i can't just take a photo of my self doing it since i have a totally different body type then than the tig bitty anime girls i draw.
>>
>>5330216
learn to draw from your imagination
>>
>>5330237
i still can barely fucking draw from reference, im no where near that level yet
>>
is there a place where i can find story bibles of old cartoons
>>
>>5328537
More than I can bite
>>
how long did it took for you guys to draw heads and bodies without the need for constructing them
>>
File: file.png (227 KB, 1920x1039)
227 KB
227 KB PNG
normally in CSP when i'd select something a little box would come up, where did it go? it had useful things like expanding or inverting the selection
>>
>>5330874
If you don't have anything set like tool parameters you might be able to get it back by launching csp while holding shift.
It should ask what to reset. No promises. I'm sure there's a setting under that window menu at the top probably
>>
File: 1614549810658.png (175 KB, 900x722)
175 KB
175 KB PNG
I'd like to start oil painting
What materials do I need?
>>
Where can I get commissions done at?
>>
How do I overcome procrastination and performance anxiety? I haven't drawn or painted for a long while now. It's like a mental block or something.
>>
Why are photoshop temp files stored in the root directory of the scratch drive and why is there no way to change this?
>>
I want to start a new twitter to share my art, but the thought of getting my first ~100-500 followers terrifies me. Are there any tips to get a following from zero? I feel after the first couple hundred I could let my art speak for itself but I'm afraid of getting lost in the void.
>>
>>5331197
Honestly there's no other good way around it besides drawing fanart of popular characters/IPs. Try to find things that legitimately interest you; you'll get really demotivated if you draw fanart of things you have no heart in. Also if you find an artist whose characters you really like, drawing fanart of their characters is an easy way to get your art in front of more eyes.

Really getting big number on twitter comes down to knowing the right people and having the right people see your work.
>>
>>5331215
Great points, thank you anon
>>
File: Screenshot_3.png (313 KB, 478x600)
313 KB
313 KB PNG
what is this indicating? it looks cool but I can't figure out what part of the ribcage or what muscle it is
>>
>>5311029
Any good reference packs for plaster casts? like the ones they use in ateliers?
>>
>>5311035
Pic source?
>>
File: 312314131.jpg (16 KB, 480x360)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
I opened my commissions yesterday and already got 4 requests, and just realized how hard it is to keep track of them, specially because all 4 requests come from 3 different platforms.

What's a good way to keep track of comissions?
>>
>>5332260

Wtf, make an invoice or something. Do you not know how to keep notes?
>>
Help a faggot out. I can draw just fine. No problem. But I can't paint for shit, I struggle to render anything when it comes to painting.

I want a deconstructionary/messy art style like sinix but I can't grasp painting fundamentals, it just doesn't make sense
>>
>>5332260
>this retarded faggot who can't even keep track of 4 things has requests
Im ngmi
>>
>>5332309
Post work
>>
>>5318836
It's literally just some perspective lines and then the basic structure what the fuck. Just ignore the lines you aren't trying to look at????????
>>
Can I get some books/refs/tuts or w/e you got on doing metallics?
>>
How do you know if what you drew was good or not if you don't like drawing and hate art?
>>
what the fuck are "fundies" ?
>>
How do I just draw?
>>
>>5332686
fundamentals
>>
>>5332738
1. Think of fun/interesting thing to draw
1a. (recommended but not mandatory) collect anything that might help you draw it better (pose references, similar art by better artists, etc)
2. Draw it as good as your ability allows it.
3. Analyze what and how it could be done better.
4. Go to point 1
>>
File: file.png (50 KB, 1816x262)
50 KB
50 KB PNG
>>5332260
I keep track of all my comms with a spreadsheet like google sheets. Yours doesn't have to be as autistic as mine but some nice things to add are:
- Time you received the comm and the time you sent the finished one
- Commissioner's contact information and a quick note about what they want
- Current status (thumbnail, sketch, line, render)
- Time you spent on each major part of the drawing
- Payment and tips
>>
>>5311232
pay somebody else to do them for u
>>
File: ETeiEmBU4AEivGn.jpg (454 KB, 2412x3594)
454 KB
454 KB JPG
pen and pen settings to achieve this style of hatching in CSP?
>>
what should I draw more of? I mostly like character designing but they're always just in like a default standing pose and then never draw the same character again. I lack ideas or maybe imagination I guess
>>
>>5333371
well figure drawing, if your characters are in the same position draw people in different positions, which will probably also help you get better at drawing people
>>
>>5333399
>draw people in different positions
im too bad at imagining other different poses even with references, takes like 20 minutes to think of one
>>
>>5333453
that's why you draw from models, the more you do that the more they'll get engrained and you'll have a database of poses to work from. you could even copy other artists and see what they do
>>
File: 9109_Sad_Cat_Thumbs_Up.png (326 KB, 735x692)
326 KB
326 KB PNG
>>5311029
what is a good list of exercises for practising digital painter to do?
i already have
>do a value photo study of a black and white photo
what else?
>>
File: file.png (963 KB, 1000x664)
963 KB
963 KB PNG
Thinking of grabbing a pair of compression gloves for drawing, what do you guys recommend? I'm considering these but I'm not too sure on it
http://www.dokiwear.com/
>>
Is there a trick to making your digital art look more traditional? I've seen some people overlay a noise layer, or find a paper layer and use that as an overlay. What do you guys do? The colors just appear dull and flat on most digital art.
>>
steps to drawing big, soft, luscious, suckable booba? both clothed and topless. not even necessarily for coom art, but just to draw like the tawawa manga.
>>
>>5333714
isnt there a nsfw thread? they should be better at informing you there
>>
>>5333714
Try Houtengeki's guide. Also there was "How to draw oppai" guide on the /asg/ MEGA.
>>
what happened to all the ctrl+paint worksheets?
>>
will learning how to draw caricatures help me with likeness?
>>
If I only want to create work under an alias, will I still be in ownership of that work? I.E, would I be within rights to prevent the theft of my work if I never tell anyone my real name, and only sell commissions under a "company" name consisting of that alias? If I am contracted, will I need to disclose my full identity?
>>
>>5333064
Hey, that's pretty helpful thanks.
>>
is it okay to only able drawing in digital if you are illustrator? i cant finish my drawing cleanly in traditional, i always thinking of this.
>>
Do you guys have any rituals you perform before drawing? Like clothing you wear or something you drink to get in the mood?
>>
File: 1296863439350.png (4 KB, 300x300)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
>>5311029
without rendering technique or skill how can I learn to draw basic shapes to create complex forms. How do I express form without knowing how to suggest the shape through rendering?
>>
>>5335999
Wrapping lines.
>>
>>5336119
nice
>>
Does anyone have a CSP brush that mimics the look of pen and ink linework, specifically that of vintage manga? I hope pic-related helps illustrates what I mean.
>>
>>5336493
I am by no means an expert but that looks similar to a gpen with a paper texture over it? (try it see maybe)

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.