[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Which one is better?
>>
>>5445215
new looks better
>>
>>5445215
The original. The changes are trivial and arbitrary.
>>
>>5445215
they both look the same
>>
>>5445215
soul vs souless
>>
The changes hardly improved it.
>>
>>5445215
It's sure hard to notice, but yeah, I think the new one looks better.
>>
File: gf2jqkze.jpg (26 KB, 240x734)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>
>>5445215
Being this nit picky is ngmi
>>
You are kidding right? They both look bad. The artist obviously doesn't know about proportions and armony of the face
>>
>>5445236
This should have been the fixed version
>>
>>5445215
jewish proportions
>>
File: ukisxf37.jpg (209 KB, 750x734)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
your eye line to chin line is way to big...compared to eye line to top of head.
eyes should be halfway
>>
File: 1.png (578 KB, 930x1787)
578 KB
578 KB PNG
Sorry for the quality, I did this with my penis out because I was in the middle of masturbating but I had to give it a try.
>>
>>5445315
yep, she had neanderthal-tier forehead before lmao
>>
>>5445215

The changes are genuinely too minute to matter. Other than a slightly more pronounced style there is no real worthwhile change. If this person is going to make a warmer/more appealing expression they could have exadurated it further. If the point was to be subtetger one was fine, though I think the smile is more readable on the right.
>>
>>5445324
Looks like a 3d model
>>
>>5445215
Neither one
>>
>>5445315
good fix
>>
>>5445324
did u trace
>>
She has no forehead. She has the classic white bitch horse face.
>>
>>5445215
The changes are too minor. You’re NGMI if you think this kind of nitpicking will get you anywhere
>>
These are just two different characters. People can look almost like anything, so anatomy really doesn't matter as long as its still naturally possible.
>>
File: 3252352526743.jpg (1.72 MB, 2101x2063)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB JPG
>>5445215
Nothing in her "fix" changed from the original, in terms of visual presentation, it has barely changed. Profiles are extremely tricky since our brain is configured to recognise facial features
The height of the eye, nose lenght, eyelids and mouth, it all comes down to skull shape
Keeping this in mind, you can construct a character whose skull features are indicative of his age, gender and race
For example, in the OP image, It's really difficult for my brain to believe a blonde girl has that skull features
It ends up being uncanny
Now, art is a mean to communicate, that kind of artstyle is for comics, I doubt you would read a comic that features characters expressed and designed that way
Take this with a grain of salt, but comparing and having a keen eye for style and beauty will improve your production and self awareness
>>5445324
This is cute, but sadly the eyebrow and top skull still looks as weird as the OP image. Obviously this is not a critique, it's a matter of style. Again, take it with a grain of salt, but it's still very pretty compared to the original
>>5446086
you wish it was a white horse, it has negroid features and I don't mean it in a racist way (not entirely)
>>5446107
Observation will take your production pretty far
>>5446165
This is true, I generally agree. But critique is critique
>>
>>5445215
There is no practical difference. Why do artists feel the need to nitpick tiny details like this?
>>
>>5446659
It's summer all right
>>
File: aA3ZAp9_700b.jpg (95 KB, 700x1029)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>5445324
you had me until
>Detatching the lip from the profile to the side
>>
>>5446752
https://isle.hanover.edu/Ch05Object/Ch05Closure_evt.html#:~:text=The%20Law%20of%20Closure%20is,of%20a%20figure%20as%20possible.
>>
>>5446759
Has anyone ever clicked one of these to see what the spambots are trying to share?
>>
>>5446759
Even if my brain can understand the finishing mark on the lip, everyone else's fix is better at embracing the lips, while that eastern inspired one disregards an existing aspect
>>
>>5446768
I don't like giving focus on the lips, trows off the face balance between the eyes, normally you want to focus on the eyes if you are making then bigger, is were most of the expression will come from, if you add lips on top always looks worst for me, you really need to know what you are doing.

Is pure stylistic, but I have my reasons, if I want to give focus on the lips I normally use highlights to imply their existence then actual color. If you use certain stylistic choices with more defined lips the character can look like a blowup doll, some people like this look, but if you are trying to go to a more cute look diminutive lips are the way. Gesltat helps me a lot with this type of thing, in this case is focal point, your focus on the eyes and this defines the face, since your brain will just fill in the blanks of the mouth and nose it often looks more appealing giving the rules on the uncanny valley but you still can use complex lighting, texture and so on without fucking the aesthetic of the face.
>>
>>5446778
Also, if you want to give focus on the mouth you should focus on their insides then the lips, like the teeth and the tongue. You can get away with A LOT of really weird stuff you normally wound't with this type of rule. Is one of the things that make point teeth appealing. though you can make so much more then that.
>>
>>5445215
they both look equally terrible
>>
>>5445315
this is the way

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.