[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Capture.png (388 KB, 597x459)
388 KB
388 KB PNG
Why don't you trace, /ic/?
>>
I can never make it look good when I use dolls. I'll just stick to loosely using references.
>>
Even if you traced you wouldn't be able to make it look good
>>
>>5445703
if he actually traced it, it would look very uncanny. maybe just the background.
>>
>>5445703
here's a better question: who is behind this thread? a beg with a genuine question or a bored retard shitting up the board?
>>
>>5445703
can this meme with great artists having simple shitty doodles as their avatars end already
>>
File: 1620923982375.jpg (78 KB, 1100x1007)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>5445703
>Looks the thumbnail
>Seems like a kawaai girl on the toilet
>Releases my pp
>it's just generic loli sitting on generic thing

FML
>>
>>5445729
>loli
Do you even know what lolicon is you fucking idiot
>>
>>5445703
all this reference and still fucked up their sense of scale
>>
>>5445703
Drawing isn't the hard part to making something like this. Painting is.
>>
>background and lighting reference
Nope. This is 100% for tracing the background.There isn't a single challenge in painting the human figure here and just giving it a slight rimlight on the left.

As for your question, I don't trace because if I wanted to not create things I'd be a photographer.
I'd rather just draw the girl on top of a pre-rendered picture with some filters than pretend to draw it.
>>
>>5445735
Lol do you? lolicon refers to the people obsessed with lolis
>>
>>5445703
They went to the trouble of making that 3D render with the uncanny blowup doll sitting there, and then didn't even actually trace the damn thing
I don't even know why this strange and lumpy abomination is there in the first place, but it's really fucking funny
>>
File: 1615884274380.png (80 KB, 371x288)
80 KB
80 KB PNG
>>5445751
lolis are underage children, dipshit
>>
>>5445703
I try but I rarely find the right refs.
>>
>>5445744
I've read this several times....and I don't get what your saying. Can you please elaborate?
>>
They do trace, but can't make it look good since they're only tracing contour lines. Most of these fucks don't understand form, so they can't cross contour and add things since they still can't draw, they don't understand lighting so they can't ascribe value to anything, they don't understand anatomy so they can suggest it in their figures, and lastly they have no design sense or appealing shape language to make appealing art. Tracing will solve none of those issues, it's just a slight time saving tool for pros on insane deadlines to get basic lineart in fast.
>>
File: 234234212131212421312.png (643 KB, 738x824)
643 KB
643 KB PNG
>>5445709
>>5445753
Definitely traced but adjusted to fit their art style.
>>
>>5445854
Why whenever I see that thumbnail, I see her on a toilet and get a fucking erection?
>>
>>5445709
Looks like the 3d render was mainly used for the background and the 3d mannequin was solely used for lighting reference.
>>
>>5445703
Let's be honest, nobody here has the skill to go from the left and end with the right result.
the artist makes his own 3d render as base for his composition, no rules.
>>
>>5445703
>>5445854
he literally uses it as reference, not traced you coping faggot

he is known for being redundant with his 3d posing etc, he literally could have just used the photo he eventually used from the get-go

also tracing is not art

>>5445939
>hurr durr how to make your own 3d render
you're probably just beg
>>
>>5445939
Nobody here has the skill -- quiet yet.
>>
>>5445948
take a chill pill. Who invited you?
>>
>>5445948
At what point does tracing become referencing? Anyone could trace a model and adjust it to hell and back to fit their style
>>
>>5445703
you still need to know fundies
>>
>>5445974
yep
>>
It's no easy task even if you trace.
>>
>>5445817
Not if you don't tell me what you didn't understand. The original picture says "background and lighting reference", I'm assuming for the figure.
>>
>>5445703
You barely learn anything by tracing.
And my goal is to be able to draw not constantly trace over other peoples achievements.
>>
>>5445854
yeah this is clearly not traced
>>
>>5445703
No rules, only tools
>>
>>5445755
what child isn't underaged?
>>
>making your own references
>tracing
The figure doesn't look traced at all, and he probably photo-bashed the background (what most anime artists do) so doesn't count either.
Even if he traced the ref, he has the skills and knowledge to make it look good, stuff you don't get from just tracing.
>>
>>5446088
>you barely learn anything by tracing
Wrong. The strokes and shapes become embedded in your memory and eventually you can draw the things you traced without reference.
>not constantly trace over other peoples achievements
if you build the rig you trace over yourself, it's your own "achievement", there's no shame in using a posable puppet to help you with perspective and angles.
>>
>>5445703
>trace
>every single body part looks different
yeah no
>>
>>5445962
If you waste that much time adjusting it why even bother tracing? Drawing from reference is braindead easy already idk why you'd waste your time tracing something that you you don't even want to copy 1:1
>>
>all artists trace!
doesn't make it ok if everyone does something

>the greats traced!
so? Did I say their art was good?

>tracing is just faster
sure, but why the deception? Why keep it like a magic trick? Every piece of art should come with the references they "borrowed" from so people know the truth about art.

Pretending something came from imagination when you traced it is the whole problem with tracing. Most artists lie by ommission by not revealing how much they "reference"
>>
>>5445854
>Definitely traced
>image shows how it's not traced
fuck off /beg/tarded fuck moron. fuck you beg shits need to be gassed
>>
>>5446160
nigger
>>
>>5446160
>doesn't make it ok if everyone does something
The general consensus dictates whether something is acceptable or not. Humans are herd animals and go with the flow of the rest and this makes it more difficult for those who do not want to partake in the groupthink.
Your job as an individual is to not get taken in by that flow nor waver in your conviction.
>>
>>5445703
I prefer to draw from imagination; tracing or even drawing from a reference bores me and kills my drive
I know it's probably bad for my art gains but I place more value in enjoying what I do than doing it as effectively as possible
>>
>>5446181
The art literally lines up idiot. Pyw
>>
>>5446191
>literally lines up
>one is a anime girl the others a fucking blow up doll
niggercattle
>>
>>5446191
Dude you can't even tell the difference between referencing and tracing
It's really not that hard
>>
>>5445703
I decided to trace complex backgrounds mangaka do it why cant I?
>>
>>5446217
because youre not a mangaka on a tight deadline
>>
the funny thing is that there's no tracing going on
the background is not traced, just copy pasted off the render
and the character is not traced either, and not even referenced, since the volumes and proportions are completely different
>>
>>5445703
>>5445854
Meh bait.
>>
I thought referencing means having the reference by your side and looking at it constantly to understand the form. Not literally tracing over it in another layer.
>>
>>5445703
I don't need to.
>>
>>5446297
yeah, half the time i see these 'render to drawing' things it seems like the artist completely ignored the figure in the render and just did what they felt like, makes me wonder why they even bothered
i guess it helps them visualize the figure in a 3d space and in this case they 'copied' the background (which they created so who gives a shit)
>>
I want to be able to freely create what my mind conceives without having to hunt for photos and doing shit in blender.
>>
>>5445703
I only trace weapons and hands.
>>
You know, these threads are perfect to advertise a discord server, somethink like.
>If you feel insulted by OP, join our server! lole discord.gg/BAsEDseRvER984563
>>
the figure isn't traced. this artist has videos showing this process https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVgBXtTpgwA
>>
>>5447146
referencing is the same as tracing, it's 2021, this rule has been created with the dawn of tumblr and is now executed by twitter
>>
>>5447163
You know non-artist are the majority of users, right? No actual artist thinks that.
>>
>>5447169
no actual artists commissions me and if they do they are probably begs
>>
>>5447163
The only people I see saying this are here and is mostly saying that twitter says this because yes. Being fair I don't use, lurk or have any interest in twitter because I'm not fucking retard. I just don't understand why you would even give a fuck, do you care about what the cockroach that live in the dumpster close to your house think? Their opinions about what art is or what ins't? Why would you care about what the average twitter user thinks also? Makes no sense to me, the words are in front of me, I can read then, I know the meaning of each of then, the phrase is well connected enough to sound plausible, but in the end still doesn't make sense.
>>
>>5447190
Twitter retards pay me, what they think affects how much work I get, if they lose interest in my art for whatever reason is enough for me to care
>>
>>5447212
I will pray for you, anon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Pk-dp_wwo
>>
>>5447215
Thank you kind person

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.