[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 3398457434_a4d9ee4d4c_b.jpg (161 KB, 1024x768)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
This is a thread to discuss all kinds of digital drawing hardware: non-display graphics tablets, pen display tablets, portable tablets and more.

>What should I buy?
State your:
>Budget
>Location
>Type (display? non-display? portable?)
>Size (in inches)
>Other information
>Previous equipment

If you have any additional questions, ask them.

>Recommended tablets:

Intuos 3 - Best budget tablet. Screenless.
Intuos Pro M - The best screenless tablet.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite - Budget portable display tablet. Very solid drawing experience with Wacom EMR tech.
Used iPad Pro 2nd Gen 12.9" - Best option for a display tablet.
Galaxy Tab S7+ - Good premium alternative to an iPad Pro
Used Cintiq Pro 24 - Big tablet for big budgets

>Avoid:

XP-Pen, Huion, Gaomon and every other Chinese brand - Poor build quality, lackluster pens, broken tilt, struggles to register light pressure, horrible customer support and the displays are not calibrated. All Chinese brands are basically the same because they're all centralized. Also watch, Chinese companies shill HARD on /ic/; they do a lot of samefagging. Check out the webm to understand how bad they are.
Microsoft Surface Pro - The N-Trig digitizer means you will always get wobbly lines.
Lenovo - Bad drawing performance.

Previous: >>5500315
>>
Friendly reminder that you'll never make it as an artist unless you have and exclusively use Procreate with an Apple Pen on the 4th generation iPad Pro 12.9"
>>
>>5513593
Lol
>>
File: kjg2.png (1.38 MB, 1096x1023)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB PNG
>even world famous artist Kim Jung Gi uses Procreate with an Apple Pencil on an iPad Pro
WHOA
>>
>tfw too stupid to install paperlike screen protector on my ipad pro 12.9
>every time I draw it feels like drawing on the smoothest surface created by humankind
>it is now used exclusively for masking, thumbnails and inking when I can't use my xp pen
I know I'm jinxing it but how the fuck has my xp pen lasted me this long. I've never met anyone have theirs last more than 3 months yet here mine is on its second year still working fine
>>
Is the pixel density difference between the Cintiq 16 and the Wacom One noticeable?
>>
>>5513600
woah
>>
Any good apps to extend my windows desktop to my iPad pro? Will be using it as a portable cintiq when I have to travel for work.

Also, general compatability tips between the ipad and windows? I'm an Adobe slave (designer) so that should make it relatively seamless right?
>>
I like how the last thread isn’t even archived yet as op tries to be the first to open one just to keep shitting on chinese tablets.
>>
File: Deadcommies.gif (219 KB, 220x123)
219 KB
219 KB GIF
>>5513910
Chinese tablets suck you fucking chi com faggot
>>
Give me 5 reasons to not just buy a 22" - 24" display tablet.
>>
I don't know what to get i'm completely new to this, and reading through the last few threads I don't believe i'd get an honest answer if I asked.
>>
>>5514439
I'm in the same position. Part of me wants the iPad, but I'm a homebody and I've got a strong computer so I feel like I might as well get a display tablet. None of the options really look all that great to me though. I want a 2K one that's big and has a laminated screen. The Artist Pro 24 looks perfect for me, if only it had a laminated screen.
>>
>>5514410
I only need one, you can't draw. How many artists have ever said, 'oh yeah this screen tablet made me the artist i am today'? That's right, none.
>>
>>5513600
Whoa
>>
>>5514844
>>5514439

>The Artist Pro 24 looks perfect for me, if only it had a laminated screen

all the reviwers on yt says its very nice. i got a cintiq 16. its pretty good too.

the drawing experience with ipads are the saame across the board. screen size and how many layers you can use are the only real differences. i have an ipad mini i bought to pair with my dji drone to see the video feed. I bought the apple pencil after drawing with my finger in procreate. it works really well even with the small screen. So any new ipad, ipad air or pro if you actually want to spend that much are a really good drawing experience. all have touch screens so you can zoom, pan and rotate. virtually no pen/cursor lag.

For all the stuff i own the ipad is the best drawing experience because of the touch screen and lagless cursor. I am considering taking back the cintiq and getting and air or trading in the mini and taking back the cintiq to get the pro since i do drone stuff too.

i do use rebelle and have used krita and the cintiq works really fucking well so im not complaining about it. if you prefer pc apps and like working in 1 spot than a screen like cintiq or xp-pen would probably be a better choice.

anyone saying you need an ipad pro is lying.
even the regular ipad is perfectly fine.
>>
>>5513581
does anyone ever use a screen protector for their ipad and android tablets? I seen so many great art getting done on procreate and i'm baffled as to how folks can poop out such clean artwork...
>>
>>5514979
i have a standard screen protector.
its smooth. decent results come from muscle memory and control.
>>
>>5514844
I have it and it's not bad at all, just too big so I ended up sizing down to the 15.6 for now.
The screen wasn't a bother to me but it's similar to the paperlike protector I use on my iPad so to each their own on that one.
>>
File: soymilk.png (89 KB, 805x851)
89 KB
89 KB PNG
>>5513600
woah
>>
Just picked up my Intuos 3 12x9 off Craigslist for $16. I'm a cool kid like Soejima now.
>>
File: 1518192166084.jpg (92 KB, 645x773)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>had my wacom one returned to amazon
>still haven't gotten my refund
Welp. There goes my money.
>>
>>5515196
Lol you deserve it for sucking wacom's balls
>>
>>5515214
Cry more chink. Never buying Huion.
>>
>>5515214
You drink huion's caca juice diarhhea beans pulps
>>
>>5515214
It's more of amazon and the seller's fault. It's been a week since I've returned it and haven't gotten shit back.
>>
File: Manson1968.jpg (80 KB, 768x960)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>5514019
why is there a chinese tablet on your list of devices then
>>
Anyone find that there's some sort of invisible dust or gunk on the screen that has a rough scratchy feeling? The pen will glide smooth and then occasionally catch on something for a moment. If I wipe down the screen with a damp cloth and let it air dry the whole thing feels like that, I have to thoroughly rub in only one direction to make it go away. It's weird.
>>
Finally got my refund. What do I go with? Intuos? I don't wanna get display tablet yet.
>>
>>5515367
A refurbed Intuos Pro M from Wacom's eBay store.
>>
>>5515299
> WACUM MADE IN CHINA SO ITS CHINESE SEETHE COOOPE INCEL HUEHUE IM SO CLAWAH
>>
>>5515585
its an old model. why dont you upgrade though
>>
So what was the final consensus on the new 12.9" ipad pro? Is the bloom really so bad that it will make your balls shrivel up and fall off?
>>
>>5515740

It's the best tablet on the market right now.
>>
File: 20210716_103337.png (1.35 MB, 1440x1091)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB PNG
>>5515740
I shared plenty of pictures back when I didnt use a screen protector to show that I have no bloom issue.
>>
>>5515775
By the way, can you post some art you made on the Ipad? Instead of your wallpaper?
>>
File: 2021-07-16 10.49.36.jpg (1.33 MB, 1517x1270)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB JPG
>>5515790
Have fun
>>
>>5515775
>>5515811
>he's a disgusting footfag freak
>>
>>5515811
oh nice
>>
You guys post shitty Wacoms, when you could just use an iPad Pro 10 inch+
>>
>>5515811
> "oh yeah pyw"
> actually posts work
> chang seething in corner

nice. what size do you normally work in?
>>
>>5515849
lol you have nothing
>>
File: 2021-07-16 14.55.38.png (2.23 MB, 2224x1628)
2.23 MB
2.23 MB PNG
>>5516117
I don't have a reason why I'd hide my work, I know I'm a beginner
Anyway on my ipad air 3 I work in a 4kx4k canvas size, for my ipad pro I take it up to 4.5kx4.5k, I could probably take it up to 5k or 6k if I want to but i don't need to. Oh right I crop whatever I don't need when the drawings line art is done
>>
Is there any disadvantages to NOT using an iPad screen protector? I honestly prefer the smooth glass feel but I’m worried about scratches over time or something
>>
>>5514972
>i do use rebelle
Can you have bigger brushes than 100px now? I'll absolutely go for Rebelle as soon as that limitation is fixed.
>>
>>5516250
>I honestly prefer the smooth glass feel
Have you tried using one? You might want to consider putting one on. And yeah, you want a high resale value when it's time to upgrade.
>>
>>5516259
yea i used some bootleg paperlike off amazon for about a year on my old air. the texture was alright but i wasn’t a fan of it eating my nib to the point you can see the metal inside and adding grain to the screen. from what I heard the apple pencil isn’t capable of scratching an ipad so i should be fine? especially since i baby this thing with a zugu case anyway
>>
>>5516254
stuck at 100. whys that matter?
>>
Honestly does it matter, I bet they're all the same, i'm just gonna order whatever so I can start drawing,
>>
>>5516300
The Pencil wont scratch the screen, its the dirt and dust particles that get attached to either pencil or pen that make that over time, since theyre harder than plastic by nature.
Unless you clean everything extensively after every use its bound to happen sooner or later.
>>
File: 1616451281791.png (525 KB, 600x557)
525 KB
525 KB PNG
All these gaypads freaks shilling Ifag products with disgusting fetish to attract begs into buying their overpriced garbage.
>>
>>5516740
>type like a 12 year old
>nintendo image
>boogeymanshit
Checks out
>>
>>5516740
boing boing boing u get the buzzword award u fucking faggot
>>
File: palxe3mifqd61.png (715 KB, 1200x1200)
715 KB
715 KB PNG
>>5516819
How much does Apple pay you to defend their sorry asses, street shitter?
In fact, i think you are doing it for free and gargling their semen while constantly wishing for the next crApple product.

Because all you do is consoom and obey, submitted and opening your anus for the sake of technology.

Dilate and suffer.
>>
>>5516327
Because a 100px brush is such a minuscule size on a large painting. If I have a 3000x5000px painting and I want to draw a cloud or mountain sweeping across the picture, do I really want to do it in hundreds of tiny brush marks?
>>
File: 1625330639943.png (759 KB, 1092x721)
759 KB
759 KB PNG
>>5513581
Hello /ic/ I have to buy a drawing tablet to give as a present to my friend, what should I buy?
>Budget
230 €
>Location
Italy
Don't mind
>Size (in inches)
Don't mind
>Previous equipment
She had a tablet but it's very very old
>>
Is there any way to stop the iPad from refreshing CSP?
Every time I switch to something else, even for a second (like to look at a reference), it closes CSP and I have to go to reopen my canvas.
It's pissing me off.
>>
>>5515775
Hi, have you tried EasyCanvas with the M1 iPad? Is the display blurry when connected to a pc??
>>
>>5516993
If you ever do get an Ipad you'll see why /dtg/ endorses it. It's simply the best tool an artist can buy.
>>
>Budget
100€
>Location
Slovakia
>Type
Non-display, no portability required
>Size
As big as possible without sacrificing anything in the other areas
>Other information
I'm looking to start drawing so I don't want to spend much before I see if I stick to it.
>Previous equipment
Pencil and paper
>>
File: EUfAPLR.jpg (25 KB, 390x376)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>tfw poorfag so my tablet is called a mousepad
>>
>>5517668
look around for intuos3 6x8 or 6x11

1) inexpensive for what you're getting
2) build quality is better than newer tablets in the same price range from any manufacturer
3) software drivers are stable and full-featured, unlike cheap tablet offerings
>>
How safe are Wacom refurbished tablets? Looking at the Cintiq 16
>>
>>5517733
if its direct from wacom or at least a big outfit then it should be fine.
>>
File: brush size 100.jpg (180 KB, 1459x895)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
>>5517068
on a 2k canvas it took 7 strokes horizontally with the brush set to 100.

pic is 5000px w x 3000px h with brush size 100
>>
>>5517729
No luck with that, the equivalent of craigslist has only one and that is 110€ for the 6x8in model. Still thanks for the suggestion.
>>
>>5516250
Unless the screen is made of pure metal there is no chance in hell that it'll come out unscathed after spending a year or two drawing on it. If you enjoy the glass feel, then I recommend you apply a tempered glass screen protector.

But you should always use a screen protector on any portable device. Especially one that costs $1000 or more. Even if you're not an idiot and take good care of your device, there's no telling when life itself will be an idiot and damage your screen for you.
>>
>>5517891
I've owned 3 ipads since 2010, never had any issues. You can get it for texture or visual security, but don't kid yourself into believing that an overpriced plastic sticker is more durable than gorilla glass.
>>
>>5517918
If your iPad was dropping face first onto a rock would you rather have it hit the gorrila glass or the screen protector on top of it?
>>
>>5517922
Do you really think you thin plastic film is going to do anything in that situation?
>>
>>5517940
I think having something is better than nothing, yes
>>
It's like a seat belt. It's reassuring and might help you out in small to medium accidents, not really going to help in a mangled wreckage situation.
>>
I decided i'm going to get a cheap one without a screen to start off with. Any you know to recommend? Left handed btw.
>>
File: 1499060549949.jpg (38 KB, 510x498)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
In the US, budget of ~250, flexible.
I'm looking for a screened tablet as someone who's not good at art at all but wants the ability to doodle and have an interface for stuff like Photoshop.
I own a small screenless Intuos I lost the pen to and wondering if I should upgrade to a screened display rather than just buy a second pen.
I was looking at Huion and the reviews seemed pretty good, but judging by this general it seems Huion among others is a total no-go. I can't justify the Cintiq's price tag, but are there any good options for someone like me? No interest in Apple shit.
>>
>>5518274
> ~250
> screen tablet
> not an artist

Save your money, knucklehead. You're like a kid asking what kind of car you can get for $700. You're better off replacing the stylus for the tablet you already have and save up for a cintiq 16 or samsung s7.
>>
>>5518360
I appreciate your candor
>>
Are there any good free courses on digital art online? Like on youtube or something?
>>
File: FUCK.gif (107 KB, 220x220)
107 KB
107 KB GIF
>going to visit my mom for a few months in a different country
>want to draw still and I hate paper
>remember my tablet can connect to phones
>look at all the phones available
>dont have any of the phones listed
>think to myself "Well maybe they're not THAT expensive and I can just buy myself a new one for my birthday"
>all expensive as fuck
god I hate being POOR
>>
>>5518827
>hate paper
Poor is a mindset
>>
>>5518828
just dont really like paper because it stays and if I draw something I'd rather not show to my family I cannot easily erase it from existence
>>
Just got my drawing tablet yesterday, how long does it take to generally get use to it. So far, I feel like I can not draw as precisely as I could with a pencil. Is this something that improves with time or is it more related to settings of the tablets and pen?
>>
What's the best windows laptop for drawing?
>>
>>5518597
I would like to know this as well.
>>
>>5513581
when is wacom gonna release a 16 inch tablet with pro level features? I get that they reached their peak, but 24 is too much for how i tend to draw.
>>
>>5518597
Ctrl+pain is pretty good, it'll give you a whistle-stop tour through digital mechanics. It's not going to teach you art though.
>>
>>5519206
You'll get used to it pretty quickly, unless its chinese, then you'll be getting used to it a whole lot longer with its offset cursor
>>
>>5519206
depends on how much you draw. Most artists take a couple of weeks. Begs with no hand-eye coordination and minor muscle control, depending on how much time they waste posting on the internet instead of drawing, closer to 1 month to never.
>>
File: PXL_20210719_015235691.MP.jpg (720 KB, 1332x1000)
720 KB
720 KB JPG
Just bought a used Intuos 3 large off Craigslist in excellent condition for $15.

This is exactly what you guys on a budget should be looking for. Forget about chinese crap.
>>
>>5513600
Woah
>>
>>5517331
A refurbished Intuos Pro.
>>
>>5515775
>normie tail
Yikes
>>
File: h610 Pro v2.jpg (10 KB, 450x450)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>avoid huion
but they're so comfty
>>
is the Intuos Pro M really that much better then my cth-680
>>
>>5517759
Thank you. I love the rebelle brush engine, but I really want to be able to paint things expressively in big juicy strokes (well, big picture elements, that is). I hope they will eventually get the limit lifted, but so far their system doesn't seem to be designed for that. A shame.
>>
>>5519996
>whistle-stop tour
Also it's a go-to, and a box-ticking, and a game-changer
>>
File: GMiAtj.gif (1.19 MB, 320x240)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB GIF
>>5513581
>What should I buy?
State your:
>Budget
$1000
>Location
Burgerland
Display/ I don't really care about it being portable
>Size (in inches)
Any size would do just not huge
>Other information
If the cables/pen and customer support were good that would be a bonus. Something that would last long, this Huion had really shitty cables. Going to use a new tablet for college and personal projects.
>Previous equipment
Huion WH1409 with Clip Studio Paint

>If you have any additional questions, ask them.
What is a good Ergotron arm brand? Is Clip Studio Paint compatible on your suggested tablet, if not what is a better alternative to CSP?
>>
>>5520639
Ditch the PC and go mobile.

I'm using a samsung s7+ and it's godly. Bought 6gigs of ram by mistake and it still handles any documents I'm throwing at at. But the best part is the responsiveness, everything is crisp and snappy.

Samsung leaked plans for a 15" tablet this year and I know I'm getting it regardless of the cost.

>inb4 Applel
I HATE THE ANTICHRIST
>>
File: 1610477778079.jpg (36 KB, 329x240)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>5520314
Lucky and based. You just got yourself a pro level tablet for peanuts.
>>
File: 20210719_040954.png (733 KB, 1440x1774)
733 KB
733 KB PNG
Uh bros why is this professional mangaka drawing on an iPad
>>
>>5520813
I HATE THE ANTICHRIST
>>
>>5520618
Their recent update improved that area drastically.
>>
>>5520639
> dont care about it being portable
> going to college

lol … save your money and wait until you get to college when you have a better idea of what you need and the environment you’re in. college isnt like high school. many freshmen make the same mistake every year, they buy tech in prep for college and realize its wrong for their needs and go back shopping two weeks in college anyways. plus between access to loans and campus jobs, your budget will be very different.

> what good Ergotron brand
Ergotron -is- a brand. fuck dude, i hope you’re really good at art.
>>
I'm hard debating between the huion 22 and an I pad.
If I got an iPad could I still use it just as effectively on my win pc?
In the future I want to start a comic so I feel like pc apps will be better for editing
>>
>>5520906
I can't vouch for the Huion, but you're better off sticking with a screen tablet if you want to go with desktop software. You need to rely on third party apps for PC tablet support and the better ones need expensive sub models and aren't even good.
>>
>>5520906
I have a kamvas 22 and I bought it over the ipad for the sheer screen size
After a week of drawing with it from the shoulders, I find that I no longer have any wrist or arm pains despite drawing for nearly 12 hours on and off a day
>>
Is there a less ghetto way of streaming on the Ipad? The program that lets you stream through a browser then screencapture through OBS works, but what if I want to stream on the go without the aid of my PC?
>>
Yesterday while reading manga I noticed that my Air 3 iPad finally got the white spot issue because its only noticable on white backgrounds, so I decided that I'll be selling it along with my apple pencil to get a good chunk of money back and I ordered the Samsung Tab 7+ in excellent condition for 650 USD since I want to see how good the AMOLED screen is, I am concerned about the size though. The white spot isnt a huge issue but i am autistic about these kinds of things, the air 3 gave me a great run and is technically still in near perfect condition but it is a shame apple never fixed the white spot issue that appears in air 3 and 11" 2017 ipad pros.
So instead of having my Air 3 I'll have the S7+ along with my M1 12.9 IPad pro, I hope the S7+ is as good as you guys say it is.
>>
Is this the right way to go?:
>>5520314
>>
Is there a big difference between the Huion H610 and HS611?
>>
>>5521707
its what i use. i have the medium.
its very nice. bought it in 2008.

now have a cintiq 16. can also rccommend it.
>>
>>5520618

depends on which brush category.
that was oil brush.
a lot of pencils wont go that big.

you can create your own though.
its well worth the $90.
corel is $429. only thing it has that i think rebelle needs would be a proper paint mixer
>>
>>5521746

based on this vid max size is 700 px

https://www.youtube.com/watch?https://youtu.be/XYj63lRITZI
>>
Will I want to kill myself if I get the smaller ipad pro?
>>
>>5521805
maybe
>>
>>5517347
What the hell, wasn't the iPad supposed to be so superior to everything else?
>>
>>5521805
no.
i use a mini. coming from 18x24 paper.
have to zoom a lot. you dont need the pro.
go for the air. even the base ipad will work. same guts as the mini which works fine for me.

only your amount of layers differ based on canvas size. 2k canvas on the mini is 83 layers
>>
>>5521832
Im pretty sure that anon is retarded because ive owned two ipads and never had the issue hes having along with many other artists. I didn't bother trying to help him because captcha sucks and helping one brainlet isnt worth it anymore
>>
>>5521801
Nice, thanks!
>>
>>5521843
Apps refresh in the background all the time, it's just what smartphone OS do to manage memory.
Except on Android I could stop it completely, and I can't find the option for it on the iPad
>>5521832
I'm using a Gen 1 iPad Pro, so maybe the newer versions don't have this issue
>>
>>5521714
Yes.
H610 is an ancient model with problems hs611 is a new model with improvements
>>
>>5521025
Nice. I ordered the 22 plus and hopefully I don't have to suffer from wrist pain like I do now due to this shit ass 6x4" intuos tablet. If you're new, and thinking of buying display/pen tablets consider getting a big sized one. Don't fall for the "beginner tablet" bait
>>
Is the huion h950p good tablet for a beginner?
>>
>>5516172
i see you katsunei
>>
Is it true the s7+ runs like shit? Someone told me that
>>
>>5520639
I have the same budget as this anon but I don't go to college. What is a good tablet to buy?
>>5520892
>>
>>5522256
2021 Apple iPad Pro 12.9.
>>
There is just no winning with a surface pro I guess.
I'll just buy a normal laptop and a tablet.
>>
>>5522279
Should I buy a screen protector for the iPad or would that fuck with the pen?
>>
>>5522285
This is why you should've bought the Apple iPad Pro 12.9 instead.
>>
>>5522309
I need windows for my classes but also wanted to be able to do digital art while on campus.
>>
>>5522279
>>5522309
Post your ipad pro with a timestamp.
>>
I don't think I will ever see an invention as magnificent as the iPad Pro 12.9 4th Generation again in my entire life. It is the first truly flawless thing to be created on this planet. It won't be long now until having one is a basic requirement listed on every art related job posting and every art school. No one is going to take art produced by anything else at all seriously. It is just that much of a game changer. Just by drawing on it you're a significantly better artist.
>>
>>5522309
>>5522324
At this point it seems like you are just trolling with this obvious shill for iPad. Makes me not want to buy it now.
>>
>>5522328
Not him but ever since I got my Ipad 12.9 4th Gen I haven't looked back at my Cintiq. Procreate is just an amazing drawing app once you fully understand it.
>>
File: 20210719_203333.png (1.41 MB, 1942x1440)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB PNG
>>5522328
He's probably falseflagging instead of trying to give genuine advice
>>5522161
I'll be posting in /beg/ tomorrow since its been a month and you can finally stop checking this thread to say hi to me
>>5522299
Not that anon but
Tempered glass screen protectors really mess with then pen sensor, but matte screen protectors dont, only rarely will it get wonky but it'd just be a split second kind of thing. I've been drawing on my Air 3 with no screen protector today and it seems like it'll be fine, I switched nibs just incase a worn down pointy one might scratch the screen. I have a friend who said they've been drawing on their IPP with no screen protector for years and they have no scratches, so just be careful of dirt particles from say a dirty screen wiper cloth or something.

I ordered the Tab s7+ planning to sell this Air 3 but now I'm worried the s7+ actually might be a piece of shit compared to iPad. Youtube people dont seem genuinely happy with it, always state the keyboard isnt great but they bought it anyway and that the apps on the tab s7+ are not optimized for it. It seems like no one who actually owns the thing is lurking this thread. If it goes bad I'll just return it to Best Buy
>>
>>5522337
>I'll be posting in /beg/ tomorrow since its been a month and you can finally stop checking this thread to say hi to me
don't, it is better without you there
>>
>>5522337
As a casual lurker in the market for a portable screen tablet, I'm looking forward to your insight regarding the ipad (both pro and air) and the S7+. You tend to give well thought out honest posts.
>>
>>5522337
Thanks anon for actually giving advice about tablets. Don't listen to the that one retard, your posts are good.
>>
>>5522390
Oh I already love the Air 3 and M1 iPad. It’s just that the Air 3 has the white spot issue, it’s very subtle and only visible on pure white screens but still it would’ve been nice to replace with the s7 but if the s7 is worse then I won’t. I just tend to give my opinion on both iPads if someone asks
The reason why I use two tablets at once is because I don’t own a pc and having two good tablets is surprisingly comfortable
>>5522395
Np, and it’s ok that guy has been trying to bother me for like a year now
>>
>>5522337
>>5522390
I've had experience with the S6 lite. The pen tech is very good, I guess that's a given since it's wacom. I prefer it over the Ipads because it has hover cursor and jitter free lines (I get moderate jitter on ipad with a screen protector), but it depends on your drawing style, because I draw lines at a medium-fast speed. And I touch my lines up often with the eraser tool which hover cursor is a savior for.

My misgivings with the S6 lite are the slow response time (screen gets very powdery aftertrails when scrolling) and input delay (around 30ms). Given OLED has fast response times and the delay matches Ipad pros on the S7 I suppose this shouldn't be a problem. These are meant to compete with their Pro line, not the Airs of course, and the 2 big things Ipad Pros have over them are the screen space and natural tilt (up to around 90 degrees, vs 60 on wacoms and tech implemented devices). They also have better selection on one time purchase apps (procreate and artstudio), but I still prefer CSP or Medibang over them coming from desktop software myself.
>>
File: 20210719_214054.png (1.2 MB, 1440x1109)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB PNG
>>5522441
I did see earlier today that the samsung pen leaves coke trails on the screen, I don't think I've seen this mentioned beforr here and it seems like a moderate nuisance considering people will be drawing on these tablets for several hours at a time. The cursor hover is cool and all but the tip quality is concerning. Hell maybe I'd return it and get the Air 4 if I really want to be rid of the 3
>>
File: file.png (351 KB, 527x703)
351 KB
351 KB PNG
Guys, i´m about to buy the tab s6 lite, but I´m really worried about it not coming with tip replacements that seem to be impossible to source because samsung is ran by a bunch of retards. Should I just buy an ipad? I'll miss on superdisplay, but at least you can get pen and nib replacements.
The only other pen I can buy in my country seems to be the wacom one, but will it be as sensitive and accurate as the spen? I heard the wacom one is shit.
>>
>>5522478
They don't sell replacement nibs and they degrade instantly? How horrifying
>>
>>5522410
See that's the thing, you've already got a basis of comparison with your years of ipad drawing. I don't know, I get the sense that people lobby for the one they've purchased because that's what they have. I'm ever sceptical of reviewers, because you never know their background with the tablets. I know that you draw and will be able to pick up on things regarding the S7+.
>>
>>5522470
>I did see earlier today that the samsung pen leaves coke trails on the screen
Could you link me up? Yeah I've never heard of that issue either. Samsung really isn't up to Apple levels of QC.

As for the S-pen tips, I do feel like they'd degrade over time with regular usage, especially if you're going back and forth with your lines with digital painting. Might want to buy a fatter pen with solid tips like the Wacom One or HP Zbook x2 (apparently the best IAF but severely understocked and overpriced).

>>5522478
Honestly haven't heard much bad about the Ones, they have a smidge higher IAF but lower than the S-pen. That's about it.
>>
>>5522478
all s-pens use wacom emr
you know, the same thing that all wacom emr pens use...which means you have a whole decade's worth of pens and tips to use for
hell, I use the default tab s3 pen for lineart and swap to a thinkpad x220t pen for airbrushing because the higher activation pressure is useful for making large swathes of paint
>>
>>5522504
2:55 https://youtu.be/OnlpVCPDriU
Didnt check the usual chink reviewer or the tard Brad for their reviews
>>
>>5522504
>IAF
What's that?
>>5522510
I heard the wacom one pen is the only one that works with the tab s6 lite. And If i'll have to end up using a wacom one pen that drops low pressure lines, i'd rather buy a chink xp pen tablet.

Also, tried ipad today for a couple of minutes and drawing on the bare glass looks totally unusable, so i'd have to put like 50 extra bucks on top of the 120 the apple pencil costs here, and on top you have the tips being like 6 times those of a wacom pen lmao. I want to kms. Also, nothing usable like superdisplay for using that with my desktop.
>>
>>5522528
Also, the matte protector regardless of brand also ruins the screen quality kek
>>
>>5522478
The nibs are meant to become flayed like that. They still function perfectly and won't have any drawing issues. Also a Samsung stores will replace your nib for free if it's actually damaged.
>>
>>5522478
Easycanvas is a $12 superdisplay alternative.
>>
>>5522523
Do you have the timestamp? Video is 14 minutes long, no timestamps in descriptions either.

>>5522528
Initial activation force. How much force is needed to register marks with your pen. It's lower than the included S-pen according to someone who tested them out http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/threads/2021-wacom-emr-pen-selection-ranking.75884/
Apparently the Lamys Alstars have even lower so that's an option too.
>>
>>5522544
>Easycanvas is a $12 superdisplay alternative.
And it's complete garbage. An iToddler like you wouldn't know how good superDisplay is because you'll never try it.
>>
>>5522536
Yeah, but all pen displays with matte screens have that problem, doens't bother me as much. I might end up buying an iPad because I don't want to downgrade from spen to a wacom one pen in like 4 months. Can't even get the overpriced and shitty staedtler pen for the tab s6 here. They don't sell them.

>>5522549
Oh, is it? I'd still have to get a paperlike for the samsung with that though. Well, that's a relief at least. I quite liked the rubber tip in the s6 I tested at the store, though. Still a bummer. If samsung werent completely incompetent and let you buy those that would be sweet, but they haven't in all this time, so yeah.
>>
>>5522544
Have you actually used it and can post a video of you using it? Because from the videos I've seen it's completely unusable garbage.
>>
Has anyone tried the Astropad Beta for Windows yet?

https://astropad.com/projectblue/
>>
>>5522528
Drawing on the glass takes some adjusting, today was the first day I'm drawing on the glass and I think i already like it because no screen protector is making the screen quality worse
>>5522549
Anon 2:55 is the timestamp for that video, just skip there
>>
>>5522544
Also, isn't easycanvas fucking subscription or something?
>>
>>5522550
Seethe and dilate poor /g/fag. I was only offering the anon a suggestion. Can't stop shilling your shit without belittling competitors can you?
>>
>>5522561
You've been shilling Apple garbage mindlessly like an idiot for weeks now. You're just getting the treatment you deserve you worthless moron.
>>
>>5522554
You can buy felt tips for the wacom one if you're looking for a bit of grip. But yeah, not sure how much they'd offer on bare glass vs rubber. The One is an upgrade from the S-pen in terms of sensitivity and comfort, so it's not really a downgrade other than less grip.
>>5522558
Tried it, couldn't get wired mode to work. But wireless is alright, I guess, but not good. Lag is minimal, but lines come out with quite a bit of jitteryness, worse than using native apps. There's also no way to extend your screen so you're left with a crappy scaled display and black bars. You can get extended if you pay for the sub model, but it's super overpriced. Just buy a dedicated desktop tablet.
>>
>>5522550
>>5522566
Hey man can you recommend me whatever tablet you use and show me a picture of your set up
>>
>>5522571
>There's also no way to extend your screen so you're left with a crappy scaled display and black bars
Damn, that's my main problem with EasyCanvas too.

I have an Intuos 3, a Galaxy Tab S6 Lite and an iPad Pro 2nd gen so I'm basically all set, but if I ever want to use one of my portable display tablets as a desktop tablet, the S6 Lite is still clearly the better option because superDisplay just works.
>>
>>5522561
Why would you shill software that everyone says is utter shit unless you were being paid to do so?
>>
>>5522555
Yes I have. What part of it is garbage? The only gripe I have with it is the app restarts every 1-1 and a half hours. If you don't trust anyone then just take your laptop to the apple store and test the app for yourself.
>>
>>5522559
Oh kek, I'm a retard and didn't see you already mentioned it. That's weird, I never got that with the S6's black nibs. Maybe because I was just testing it out or they cut back with cheaper materials.
>>
>>5522571
Sadly, they don't sell the felt tips here.
>>
>>5522571
did you try astropad on an ipad or a samsung tab?
>>
>>5522586
This guy at least has tried both options >>5522581
>>
>>5522560
The wired one is a one time purchase.

>>5522566
Schizo. This is my first post here in 3 weeks. What the fuck is wrong with your obsession with apple to let it live rent free in your head?

>>5522581
>>5522571
If you set Intel Graphics to a 4:3 custom resolution you can get rid of the black bars. I use 1440x1080 but if you have a 4k display you can count the pixels yourself? As for jittery lines, I understand if you dont like it, but I can live with it.
>>
>>5522581
Ipad pro 12.9.
>>5522581
Honestly, my man. I have all these fancy display tablets, but I found myself going back to my trusty intuos 3 on my desk. Once you develop the hand eye coordination, the benefits between display and screenless is almost unnoticeable.
>>
>>5522559
Arent you worried about your screen getting damaged? Also, idk, i feel it's like with displayless tablets. People say you can do good work with them, and I agree, but if you're learning, it feels like you're slowing your progress. I think it would be fine if you were at a point where you don't have to grind your fundies anymore, but that's not my case. I'll probably move to a screenless tablet at that point, because of ergonomics. My back is super fucked.
>>
>>5522605
Meant to quote
>>5522593
I used an Ipad pro 12.9
>>
>>5522605
>Once you develop the hand eye coordination, the benefits between display and screenless is almost unnoticeable.
I think you're hampering your progress unless you're already at a great level on screenless tablets. Wouldn't you agree?
Not trying to be ironic or anything, currently curious as to wether you have felt that way yourself.
>>
>>5522607
I keep my iPads in heavy cases with screen covers so I think they won't get damaged, and if you mean by the pen tip alone, I'm gonna be consciously trying to draw lighter since I also worry about that but I'll take a few friends words that they havent scratched their ipads drawing on theirs with no screen protector. I do use a screen protector on my M1 just because it's do new, the screen quality takes a hit and the texture of the "paper feel" protector wears down my apple pencil over time
>>
>>5522615
I won't say I'm a great level, but at least above /beg/. Well...one would hope so having drawn with a screenless tablet for 15 years.
I never felt like I was hampering myself when I first got it, but mind you, Cintiqs were never an option, they were purely richfag devices at the time.

If you're legitimately starting out with fundies, I'd suggest pencil and paper. Digital creates too many bad habits and can make you incapable of drawing without it. I've seen people improve way faster via pencil and paper route as well.
>>
>>5522504
DO you know how the IAF of a cintiq pro would compare to an apple pencil or an spen?
>>
>>5522632
According to http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/threads/2021-wacom-emr-pen-selection-ranking.75884/
>Wacom propen2(0.1% IAF)
>Apple pencil2 (0.1% IAF)
>Galaxy Tab S7 / S7 + original pen (18% IAF)

The only emr pen known to have 0.1% IAF is the Hp Zbook x2. And for that reason alone they've been bought out by E-inkers and raised to exorbitant prices.
>>
>>5522644
>18%
Samsungbros I'm not feeling so hot
>>
>>5522581
Do you or anyone here have a video where they showcase the latency and the squiggly lines issue on easydisplay?
>>
>>5522581
How is the lag and quality of lines when comparing easycanvas to superdisplay for you?
>>
>>5522709
I only tried EasyCanvas on a free trial back when I originally bought by iPad in June last year. I got significant line wobble, the forced 16:9 aspect ratio with black bars was very off-putting and the desktop software was glitchy and didn't always connect. Lag doesn't bother me as much, because it doesn't actually affect my drawing.

The reason superDisplay is better is that it just functions smoothly. You plug in your tablet, Windows detects it as a new monitor with the exact tablet resolution, pen pressure works fine and the app has some cool options, like being able to rotate the canvas at OS level using finger gestures.
>>
If I already have 11” iPad Pro will moving to the 12.9” affect me much? I tend to draw lying down while I’m high so I fear the larger one will prove too heavy. Or I could learn to draw properly instead.
>>
File: 1625701031222.jpg (36 KB, 388x485)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
Do colleges seriously tell you to buy iPad pros before you take classes or is this some huge meme I am falling for? I get that its portable but would it be able to do 3D modelling and animation as well? I keep hearing that the battery life isn't that great and to replace a pen is expensive.
>>
>>5523010
Basically, for an independent artist or a beginner to digital art, an iPad Pro is one of the best options.

Is it a good option for 3D sculpting? Absolutely not.
Is it good for very heavy documents with 80+ layers? No.

If you don't care about those two things, you will be hard-pressed to find a better option. The iPad is the only device to master the finger gesture based workflow, and it works so well because palm rejection is so good, especially in Procreate. Drawing is fast, but also very intuitive and fun; even trad artists can pick it up quickly without reading about how the software works.

The other good reasons is having a huge market for used and refurbished models, and with that, plenty of after market support. Sure, having a battery sucks, but it's very easy to replace. If you got a Cintiq 24 Pro and it fucked up in some way, you better pray you're still covered by the warranty, and that Wacom don't somehow fuck up the postage. It's even worse with chinese tablets.

The optimal setup is having both a non-display tablet and a portable tablet (iPad or Galaxy). Don't fall for the large desktop display tablet meme. If you want to work with desktop software, you're far better off going with a screenless/non-display tablet.
>>
>>5523010
Does zbrush or maya or the non shit version of photoshop run on an ipad?

The answer is no.

3D has been part of art school curriculum for more than half a decade. Even every run of the mill artist knows the basics of at least one 3D program.

Wacom or xp pen or huion is a must if you don't want to get facefucked by every other artist. ipads/samsung tabs okay if you are alright with being permanently unable to improve past a certain point and if you consider art a hobby.
>>
>>5523010
> do colleges
> before you take classes

you’re a special kind of retard ain’t ya
>>
>>5513581
Is the idiot that made the OP paid by Wacom or some shit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W22ACL96U_k&ab_channel=TaylorStine
>>
File: 2021-07-20 13.06.15.jpg (951 KB, 1125x853)
951 KB
951 KB JPG
Uh oh
Let's see how this compares to the Air 3. I already remembered how much I don't miss Android and Google bloated in your face apps and offers
The pen feels worryingly cheap
>>
>>5523525
nomad sculpt for ipadz
>>
>>5523242

ipad pro isnt needed. just a regular ipad or the air.
pro is pointless.
>>
File: 1613959654833.gif (2.31 MB, 200x200)
2.31 MB
2.31 MB GIF
>>5523543
I guess I am buying an XP-Pen tablet if Wacom isn't worth it.
>>
anyone that also wants to 3d on their ipad ...
nomad sculpt
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/french-police-fatally-shoot-suspected-cannibal-after-finding-teen-boy-s-head-in-bucket/ar-AAMmxZM?ocid=msedgntp

looks pretty sweet.
$15
>>
>>5524122

wrong link
https://youtu.be/MmMtzlBSf-0
>>
>>5524122
holy shit definitely the wrong link lol. don’t delete it.
>>
>>5524174

new challenge:
draw a cannibal with a head in a bucket
>>
>>5513581
what nibs are you buying for s7+ s-pen ? (i cant find something official from samsung)
>>
File: IMG_20210511_200941.jpg (1.56 MB, 3070x2736)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB JPG
>>5518274
i've got the huion kamvas pro 12. it works. it's got a screen. i can draw whatever i want. it's built like my macbook. my wallet has enough money to blow on some hookers. life is good.
>>
Something that's been immediately noticeable with the S7+ I got this afternoon is that it's battery has been dying faster than my Air 3 which ive used every day for many hours for over a year now.
I haven't tried actually drawing on my tab s7+ yet but i did try writing on it and use the stylus to press things, the nib of it is overly soft as if its like Samsung was worried about users scratching their device and complaining so they used a very soft material for the nib that feels even less pleasant than using the apple pencil on the bare glass screen which is what ive been drawing on all day while I study. I'll try drawing on the s7+ later tonight but I decided I'll be returning it to Best Buy tomorrow because it does not feel worth 650 dollars, it feels like a device made to be given as a bonus to people who sign up for a phone plan or something, seeing that the stylus isnt made for extensive drawing, the aspect ratio fits netflix more than a canvas and the android OS eats up the battery quite fast over simple tasks. My Ipad Pro never dies this quickly
>>
>>5524122
no subscription?
>>
>>5524361
interesting feedback. too bad about the s-pen feel. i heard samsung didnt provide extra nibs. are you able to confirm if the nibs are at least replaceable?
>>
>>5524361
I uninstall, disable and kill uneeded apps that are in always run in background
>>
>>5524362
no sub. theres also forger.
i bought nomad sculpt earlier. never sculpted before. its pretty sweet. took me a few mninutes to sculpt a basic loomis head.

havent tried forger. they look about the same.
>>
>>5524417
Will it run in a base ipad 8th gen? do you know how well it does?
>>
>>5524401
I'm trying to grab it with a pincher but it's not coming out as easily as a wacom or xp pen stylus so I'm just gonna leave it alone. I could normally pull the nibs out with my nails but thats not working either so I'm not sure
>>
https://youtu.be/kS6nBJzPwlA?t=1007
wtf I love cintiq now
>>
File: 1581642073572.jpg (28 KB, 500x375)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
i bought my intuos pro medium almost two years ago at 300~320 iirc and the large version was 450 ir 500 i dont remember but i wasnt above 500, now the the fucking medium size is 400+ and the large is 600+, is it my shithole country fucked or the price went up, the wacom web doesnt have prices idk
>>
>>5524425
same specs as my ipad mini which so far has run it fine. a12 cpu/gpu and 3gb ram
>>
>>5524517
my cintiq 16 works great.
>>
>>5524683
can you try with something above 5 million poligons, anon?
>>
>>5524425
>>5524683

im contemplating trading in the mini ands old ipad air 2 for current gen ipad since it works with my apple pencil and has a bigger screen.
>>
File: 20210720_233606.jpg (635 KB, 1105x948)
635 KB
635 KB JPG
So is Ebay a decent place to sell my iPad or will Nigerians start messaging me asking if I can ship the iPad immediately to Nigeria and they'll send me a paper check in the mail?
I know buyers would try to scam people out of their iPhones there years ago
>>
File: file.png (440 KB, 1000x1000)
440 KB
440 KB PNG
Can you downgrade versions of apps in apple? I've heard they usually push updates to apps that don't work too well on older devices after a while
>>
>>5524701
They can get away with chargebacks even if they decide to use Paypal.

Sell it to someone you know or around your community, anon.
>>
>>5524690
>>5524690
once i figure out how to do that lol sure
>>
>>5524708
Well that's tiresome. It would be nice if I can only allow buyers with x amoung of 5 star rating accounts or something just ti be sure. Maybe ill check best buy trade in or maybe just keep it as back up. I'd like to trade it in for the Air 4
>>
>>5524701
You define whether or not you accept international bids, the type of payments you accept, disable bids from zero-feedback users … and ignore people who contact you about shady shipping asks. if you want extra protection, just state in your post that items are shipped after payment is cleared, not received.
>>
>>5524706
I just turn off auto updates
>>
>>5524716
created and subdivided enough objects to get to 5.5 million polygons. slowed a bit but it was still sculptable.
>>
>>5524417
Do you think its easy to control to sculpt? I'm usually a brainlet with 3D software like blender
>>
>>5524731

ram is your limit. i wouldnt go above 2.5 mil
>>
>>5524739

its retarded simple. ive tried blender. so much easier
>>
>>5524741
Nice, I'll try it on my IPP later then after watching tutorial videos
>>
>>5524745

i feel like could actually sculpt something decent.
blender felt like 3 years of training before i saw anything worth while.

i think its worth $15.
>>
>>5524439
Try needle-nose plyers
>>
File: 2ec.png (572 KB, 600x580)
572 KB
572 KB PNG
>>5524122
You will never make it as a digital sculpter if you sculpt on iPad, lmao.

Never EVER.
>>
>>5513581
what should i buy broskis im a total beginner and im sick of using my mouse to draw
>budget around 100€
>central europe
>i would like one with a display but if there's nothing good within the budget im fine without one
i mostly used a mouse and barely drew with a pen
>>
Noticed two more things about the Tab S7+ compared to the IPP
>Speakers sound feel flat and overall lower volume at the maximum volume setting
>Adaptive brightness will jump back and forth from 10 percent to 60 percent if a light shines on the S7+ rather than it trying to find the average light
>>
File: It's_All_So_Tiresome.png (643 KB, 1022x731)
643 KB
643 KB PNG
ipad pro or samsung s7? im beg.but i just want mobile drawing, also why the f ipads are so expenaive? howa procreate as an ap? ive tried drawing in photoshop, it fucking sucks as a drawing app
>>
>>5524865
Start off with a used Intuos 3 off craigslist or ebay.
>>
>>5524912
Why not just get the Air 4?
>Laminated screen
>10.9 inch screen
>4 gbs of ram
>quad speakers
>literally half the price of an iPad Pro 12.9
>>
>>5524920
are the drawing expierence on it same?
>>
>>5523837
But ATS. I definitely recommend learning zbrush though. The interface is cancer so it takes forever to learn. Also it's indust standard and almost every tutorial is on it and nothing else. One of the big problems with 3D is that it can be very hard to get into the 'how can I make X' unlike 2d where once you learn to draw you can draw basically everything. Things in 3D can have a workflow that are impossible to wrap your head around until you get more experience seeing how other people can do it in that program (and once you dive deep enough into a specific program especially the industry ones) you'll know how to achieve the same thing in other programs.

Cos I once learned a sculpting program and then I realised that I had no idea how to make things like jewels or hair in a way that looks good so if you want to pick a program make sure it has the most tutorials!
>>
File: 1610365648669.jpg (110 KB, 1024x796)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>Absolutely zero talk of new Galaxy S8 tablets in neither art circles nor tech
How can this be bros? Is it dead before it even arrived? Am I making a mistake by waiting for the 14 inch version instead of getting S7+?
>>
File: 219209694.jpg (166 KB, 1242x978)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
>krenz posted a pic of his office
wtf bros i thought all pros use cintiq displays
>>
>>5525294
As expected from any serious art professional.
An Apple iPad Pro 12.9.
>>
>>5524912
Samsung S7 PLUS is pretty good.
The regular S7 is just too small.

CSP is a great drawing app and well worth paying a subscription.
>>
>>5524401
>>5524439

1 yes the nibs are replacable
2 they provide the nibs to the service centers ans said centers sell on EBAY
3 the nibs actually last forever.

The don't provide the nibs because these nibs don't wear out while using on the glass without any matte films and they provide adequate friction too so no need for any films.

I bought my S7+ back in 2020 and i'm still using the first nib.
>>
File: 1607477362939.jpg (53 KB, 703x1024)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>5525316
how is csp compared to procreate? i feel like they shill procreate so hard, but im curious to try. or should i even bother with drawing tablets if im beg? im drawing on paper atm
>>
>>5514019
Bros, why are the godless chi-coms so dang ‘ol cringe?
>>
>>5525333
Procreate is a very basic app CSP is a full professional enviroment ported directly from PC with all the features including animation, 3d, comic pages and perspective rulers.

I strongly recommend getting a bluetooth keyboards though. Not the awkward keyboard case, just a keyboard you can keep next to it.
>>
>>5517922
With iPads being so expensive why would you drop one in a rock?
>>
>>5525072
Delayed till late 2021-2022 thanks to chip shortage.
>>
Can anyone recommend bluetooth shortcut pads/keypads to use with a Cintiq if I don’t want to pay Wacoms jewish prices for yhe remote? Or should I just bite the bullet? Usage with CSP.
>>
>>5525355
Delux has a keypad with a rotating dial marketed towards the artists.

Didn't use it personally.
>>
File: 20210721_104825.png (222 KB, 1440x1167)
222 KB
222 KB PNG
>>5525322
>lasts forever
Do they?
>>
>>5525447
read your own post
>my screen protector which is paperlike

Then read mine again
>>5525322
>these nibs don't wear out while using on the glass without any matte films

Retard.
>>
Not a shill but I found this and thought it might be interesting since it's only 400 buckarinos.

https://youtu.be/mnDG49QG9Fg?t=613

Performance looks decent.
>>
File: 20210721_112411.png (136 KB, 1440x787)
136 KB
136 KB PNG
>>5525481
Do they?
>>
>>5525493
>generic answer for any pen
Are you OP or just dumb?
>>
>>5524361
Thank you for your insight. I was on the fence, it seems I'll be going for the ipad. Did you manage to have a go drawing on it before you returned it?
>>
Is a macbook air + ipad pro 12.9 with sidecar a good portable solution?
>>
>>5525493
Mine didnt die until someone here told me to pull the nib out and it ripped
>>
>>5524361
I was someone on the fence as well. I also saw you post earlier that you had an ipad air? I was curious on how it handled in comparison to the pro?

I have the second generation pro, but aside from its age, it gets fairly hot when I use procreate for more than thirty minutes.
Not sure what the issue is, I tend to draw with it in my lap, but it gets just as hot on a table away from my body.
>>
apple is the only one that works...
>>
File: 20200810_224552.jpg (43 KB, 720x887)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
anyone have new ipad air? how is it?
>>
>>5525545
Yeah but I didn't pay for any app, I downloaded the free one called "Sketch" I believe. I couldnt help but to feel they should try to learn from procreate or clip studio paint when it comes to an intuitive UI, through an hour of drawing I didn't see the clipping mask layer anywhere near the layer menu, I could be blind though, it didnt have two finger tap for undo and three for redo, instead it has an option to put the quick button on screen to press, I checked options to make sure and still didnt see similar gesture controls to csp or procreate. The palm rejection didnt exist even though I was wearing my normal digital art glove which helps palm rejection on my iPad, so if my hand was on the screen, pressing any buttons with my other hand wouldnt work, this is probably a software problem but I'm not sure
The pen though did feel alright, the nib is really soft so I don't I prefer it over the wacom/xp pen/apple pencil nibs.
Overall I was unimpressed with the s7+ considering its price, I try not to be biased but I remember getting my first iPad which was air 3 and instantly liking it. It was also my first apple device
>>5525608
The air 3 is pretty good, it crashes and resets if you constantly tab in and out of apps because it has 3 gbs of ram, that and it getting a white spot which is a defect air 3 and gen 3 ipad pros get, are the only downsides of it. Other than those two things I do love it and the air 4 probably does not have the white spot issue, I might get that soon and sell off my air 3 along with the gen 1 pencil since I can use my gen 2 pencil on the air 4 but I'm not sure not
Anyway I think this is just a case of the s7+ not being for me, the only premium thing about it was the screen but the aspect ratio is a little silly for drawing compared to IPads boxiness, it has better file management cus android but the battery drains faster than both my m1 12.9 and air 3 so I dont want it
Also no heating issues on my iPads but I draw in a dark cool room
>>
>>5525580
>>5525648
I HATE THE ANTICHRIST
>>
>>5525058
yes.
amount of layers based on ram is the only real difference.
>>
>>5524769

its the same shit.
forger has been bought out by maxon (cinema 4d) and is ipad only.

i dont care about making it. im not looking for a career drawing or modeling others artwork.
i do all this for fun.
>>
>>5525070
workflow is similar.
any modeling/sculpting programs are basically the same.
>>
>>5525715
>its the same shit.
No lmao.

Shitty little sculpting software on iPad is a joke compared to ZBrush and even 3DCoat.
>>
>>5525735
the sculpting process and tools are basically the same. its also $15 vs $900.

if im doing it for fun why the fuck would i need zbrush?

are you retarded?
>>
File: s-l1600-5.jpg (106 KB, 1497x1500)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
Thinking of getting HS611 to use with SAI/CSP.
How is it? Do huion tablets have input lag?
>>
>>5525842
>How is it?
Decent, I learned to draw and got my first money with an older 610p which had problems.
And then I decided that the money are better spent on whores rather than Wacom and kept the tablet for years.
>Do huion tablets have input lag?
Yes, but every PC tablet have about the same input lag.
It's a combination of internal sttabilizer and Windows being shit.

Overall it's a really good buy.
>>
>Returning the Tab S7+ to Best Buy
>No $45 restock fee like the website said there would be
>Won $35 from a scratch off on the way home
The kami have spoken
>>5525058
Almost the same, air 4 doesn’t have 120hz refresh rate like the Pro. It it’s 60 which is still smooth. If you really want a replacement then it might be a decent option without spending too much
Keep in mind the air 4 uses the Apple Pencil 2, can’t remember which one the pro gen 2 uses
>>
>>5525490
> huawei

fuck that shit
>>
>>5522478
You're right to worry lmao. When my factory nib stopped working right and I'd had enough of giving myself insane wrist/forearm pain like a retard because to get it to work I had to hold it in a stupid way, I replaced it with one I got from a generic pack on amazon because I did not want to spend $60 on a new pen every few months, then when that one stopped working I went to replace it again and the part of the nib that sticks out guillotined itself on the removal tool it came with. I didn't think there was any coming back from that so I used exactos and thumbtacks trying to get it out and shaved off some of the plastic on the pen. Anyway advice for anyone who finds themselves with my specific problem one day, a thumbtack works. Heat the metal part with a lighter until the plastic part that sticks out of the wall gets soft enough to pull off then when you're left with just the little metal rod heat up the sharp end again and stick it into the headless nib, light the end of the rod sticking out of your pen again for good measure to make the leftover nib melts and sticks to the rod then you can pull it out. This would have probably saved my pen if I didn't fuck around with a knife at first must've wrecked the sensitivity or something. I've had my tablet for almost a year and it's slowing down/randomly closing my art apps when there's too many layers on a too big canvas (4000x3000) and the screen burns in overall I don't think I can recommend it for your main drawing device, other than the decent price (I paid $345 total but you can get it for like $250+tax refurbished now) and the stylus coming included there's not much going for it that a different tablet couldn't do better.
>Tldr not a great experience I'm getting an ipad soon
>>
>Samsung tab bros need to literally cook and operate on their stylus nib to replace it
Makes you think
>>
>>5526005
It was probably the off brand replacement nibs, samsung needs to sell their own
>>
>>5526019
Sounds like they need to learn to make nibs that will last a long time with textured screen protectors
>>
>>5526034
Those are too damn expensive though. It’s weird nobody makes knock offs, let alone decent quality ones.
>>
>>5526132
Still using my first one from 2017. I doubt it even breaks unless you drop the tip head first.
>>
>>5526132

you get two with the apple pencil and i haven't needed to replace the first one from when i bought my ipad 2 years ago, I draw every fucking day!

textured screens are monkey paw you dummies
>>
Does the extra screen on the 12.9” iPad Pro really help you draw better or is it bullshit?
>>
Should I be using my ipad air or huion 1060P to draw? Legit can't tell the difference lmao.
>>
>>5525999
well, you could always get the wacom one pen and be done with it.
>>
>>5525072
>not making love to his slampig wife
low-test and ngmi
>>
Is Wacom really the gold standard here? I was going to get a Huion or an XP Pen. Never touching iPad or Samsung after reading this thread.
>>
>>5526604
Start low then go high. It was I did, start with wacom bamboo then intous 4 and wacom mobilestudio
>>
Anyone know if there is a tempered glass protector brand for ipad that wont mess with the pen sensitivity? If not its fine
I drew again today on the bare screen, other than it being a finger print magnet I'm feeling more cozy with the idea of no matte screen protector. Also if you use a screen cover with a soft inferior you should use a lint roller on it to clean it because over time dirt might get on it and then rub on the screen potentially scratching it
>>5526370
Use whatever you're comfortable with
>>
>>5525346
Life finds a way my friend
>>
>>5526318
> draw better

no screen size is going to make you 'draw better' if you're shit then you're shit. Practice more.

The extra real estate is more comfortable when drawing but it is the same resolution so you're only getting extra physical space. I traded in my 13 inch pro for the 11. There are pros and cons, i miss the size of it when actually drawing but i like the smaller form factor it is much more portable/less cumbersome to just whip it out to do a quick sketch on the couch/park bench/coffee shop etc. One isn't necessarily better than the other, it just depends on personal preference.
>>
>>5526710
I hope the rumours of a 16” is true. Or if a 18” is announced it’d be a day 1 purchase for me.
>>
>>5525348
I realize that but I expected at least some excitement. Its essentially a very big display tablet.
>>
>>5526749
Can only speculate, but I guess being aware of the chip shortage they decided to avoid official announcements other than leaks. Can only have so much genuine hype.
>>
File: IMG_20210719_065711.jpg (1.93 MB, 4096x2907)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB JPG
Is a first gen iPad Pro just bound to be slow?
I opened a 4000px 300dpi .psd in CSP (finished piece from an artist I like) and it fucking crashed and was incredibly slow...
I've drawn on MUCH bigger canvases, what's the issue here?

>>5521843
>>5521832
seriously this shit is driving me insane almost lost an hour's worth of work.
I can't seem to "lock" CSP
>>
>>5526810
Here's some posts with the same issue:

https://ask.clip-studio.com/en-us/detail?id=25366
https://www.reddit.com/r/ClipStudio/comments/ebxosw/strange_issues_on_ipad_pro_since_ui_update_can/
>>
>>5526005
isnt the spen already bundled and free unlike apple pencil which is sold separately? so why not just buy an emr pen of ones choice for samsung if one doesnt like the spen?
>>
File: 1540920188639.png (153 KB, 527x300)
153 KB
153 KB PNG
honest question. if im compelte beg should i even bother buying any tablet? i kinda like drawing on paper. does digital helps u improve faster?
>>
>>5526848
Maybe not faster, but you can improve just as fast if you can control yourself.

You are tempted to ctrl+z frequently, get distracted with everything it can do, spend a week on a solitary piece trying to make it look good. Fiddle with layer modes to get the color and look you want instead of trying to figure out what color you want in the first place.

Personally I like studying traditionally. I feel like the extra time, it takes to shade muscle groups with a colored pencil helps it really sink into my memory than a half a second fill bucket/lasso fill.

But you can't study all the time and having a tablet is fun to play with.
>>
>>5526848
> improve faster

no. improvement comes with practice that’s it. some people think tablets are a shortcut, they aren’t. their drawings look just as bad if not worse if they haven’t developed hand-eye coordination and minor muscle skills. paper and pencil is still the best way with regards to time and cost if you really want to become an artist.
>>
>>5526848
No it doesn't but it makes experimenting with colors way easier
>>
File: file.png (105 KB, 302x282)
105 KB
105 KB PNG
>>5513581
Recently purchased a Kamvas 13 screen tablet and want to use both it and my monitor at the same time, but don't have enough HDMI ports.

Would getting pic related solve this issue?
Its an adapter with an extra HMDI port, as well as usb ports....
>>
>>5525294
OOOUUUUUUOOOOOOHHH
>>
>>5526955
I remember some anon posting in these thread about how this port can't detect his display tablet (but his was a xp-pen)
>>
new

>>5526964
>>5526964
>>5526964

>>5526964
>>5526964
>>5526964
>>
>>5526962
Did he use this specific adapter?
I've seen a few youtube videos of people using ones like this and it worked.
>>
File: itoddlers.png (508 KB, 639x743)
508 KB
508 KB PNG
>>5525294
ITODDLERS BTFO
>>
>>5526955
>>5526962
>>5526985
Not like anyone cares or anything but I went to bestbuy today and got one of those adapters and it works fine.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.