[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 54 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 20210720_010702.jpg (177 KB, 1071x1200)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
How are young artists so good now? Pic related was drawn by a 15 year old. Are they faking their age?
>>
File: 1619580594664.jpg (53 KB, 640x640)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>5522823
you think i give a shit about that? fuck off and go draw you miserable bitch!
>>
>>5522823
the painting is good, but the anatomy is lumpy.
it's a lot easier to draw cartoon anatomy and then just learn how to decently paint.
>>
Were does he says he is 15?
>>
>>5522827
https://twitter.com/francheur/status/1406315582148972552?s=19
>>
>>5522823
How many threads will you make this week you loser fuck? Just go draw already
>>
File: rabbit thing.png (51 KB, 1066x1716)
51 KB
51 KB PNG
All that is is render maxxing
>>
>>5522842
i have made just this post on /ic/ in the past year
>>
>>5522844
this, it's all in the rendering, it's not anything uniquely good.
they just put a lot of time learning rendering and less time learning anatomy, posing, composition,etc.
>>
>>5522847
>>5522826
beg cope. I bet you don't even have a single finished piece.
>>
>>5522850
anon they are just doing a skimichan.
it's all in the rendering.
how new are you.
>>
>>5522823
They're the kids of aloof late gen Xers, not helicopter parenting neurotic boomers.
They dodged "no child left behind".
They're pc and internet literate since childhood.
If they are mentally ill they're at least properly medicated.

So yeah, no shit they're doing better than millenials. We're the shittiest generation and it'll only get worse as we age. We can't even concede that we're not the youth/zeitgeist anymore.
>>
>>5522857
yeah but zoomers have no morality.
that's why everything they are into is demonic they are literally a generation raised by the devil, they lack empathy in a lot of ways and attachment to the real world and truth.
even op image is pretty demonic.
>>
>>5522823
>cilinder torso, legs and arms
>stylized anemay head
>overrendered there's no a focal point in the piece
>muh local light feels so deep so profound
nothing against the kid i really like his colors and some paintings but he's not doing anything spectacular i do think he has talent you're only seeing a fifteen-year-old of I don't know 1,000,000 ones that are as shitt as you at drawing lmao. also he is having too much exposure at too early an age, the most likely thing that can happen to him is that people will remember him as "the talented 15 year old" he will stagnate in his art, his fame will go to his head and in the worst case scenario he will commit suicide because of the over-approval of his work and you can see it right now in his publications, now stop bitching and looking at others and start drawing fag
>>
>>5522866
Morality is just code for "sacrifice yourself for me".
It's good they're assholes. That way they won't let us ruin their life the way we let the boomers ruin ours. The future is now and it's theirs, the old need to shut up and die, the not yet old but not quite young get to enjoy a couple years of the transition to a new paradigm or cling to undue authority and be crushed.
>>
>>5522850
maybe painting is hard for you and maybe perspective or construction or another fundamental is easier for you, but in general painting is ez peasy anon specially that cell-shading/painterly anime style
>>
Because they spend their time drawing instead of bitching about other people being better than them
>>
>>5522887
>That way they won't let us ruin their life the way we let the boomers ruin ours.
they are already ruining their own lives, most of them think gender is a spectrum and are taking drugs and modifying their bodies to larp as the opposite sex. and this because of privileged millennial's insisting to push their morally depraved life styles onto kids.
>>
Ye that’s good shit.
Just go learn form.
>>
>>5522887
>That way they won't let us ruin their life the way we let the boomers ruin ours
we are talking about the generation that needs "trigger warnings" because they have "anxiety attacks" if they see something they dislike, call them by the "wrong" gender pronoun and they'll have a mental breakdown, literally the generation of crystal lmao, if there is a war they'll be worst than cannon fodder
>>
>>5522895
>>5522903
You're both talking about millenials.
Zoomers are the little cunts telling you to cope and dilate while shitposting underage.
Every generation antagonizes the one that preceded it.
>>
>>5522918
i think it's both, the idea of "generations" is already outdated and rather stupid, just like astrology, i know of millenials who are like you describe zoomers and vice versa but we went off on a tangent, no matter the generation, to become a skilled artist you need the same mentality as 4 generations ago or what people will need in 8 generations in the future and high iq of course
>>
>>5522823
The only thing I like is how the bell thing closes to us is textured. The rest looks wonky.
>>
File: DvnBr2sV4AEmus_.jpg (542 KB, 1200x862)
542 KB
542 KB JPG
>>5522938
>to become a skilled artist you need the same mentality as 4 generations ago or what people will need in 8 generations in the future and high iq of course.

true, i agree op artist has a good start but there is still a lot they still have to learn, to get to this level.
they have natural talent but talent only gives you a starting head start it needs to be refined and constantly worked on otherwise someone without talent who is willing to put the work in will eventually surpass your natural talent and head start.
>>
>>5522894
I'm not bitching I'm just curious what makes modern kids so good compared to kids from like 2010 era
>>
>>5522953
they are raised in a generation that rewards narcissism, the online art community feeds off narcissism. e.g all the cases of you stole my style reeeeeeeeeee. more incentive to get good faster so they can gain a following along side other narcissists of their generation on tik tok,youtube and twitter.
>>
>>5522953
I mean i'm sure kids like him existed as well back then. It's just easier to discover them now since social media is widely used
>>
>>5522953
more courses, youtube videos, the piracy today is much more than 10 years ago, many better courses, talented teachers who have been able to write books or make videos that 10 years ago did not exist, etc, etc. kids learn better than elderly and digital painting it's easier to learn than traditional and this kid has talent, but the point is that today we all have the same tools to improve in a skill no matter what it is, languages, drawing, programming, is up to you to give up or to keep learning now go to draw fag
>>
>>5522966
this,
it's all at your fingertips you can't really make an excuse why you can't learn something if you have the internet.
it's just down to you being lazy.
>>
>>5522938
It's true generations aren't monolithic entities but there's still a common zeitgeist through the majority and they do seem to mimic the gen twice removed. At their peak the lost gen, boomers and millennials were hypocritical hedonists trying to force their shit down everyone's throat. While the GG, gen X and zoomers are "just leave me the fuck alone" generations.
>>
>>5522953
the artwork for the box art of echo the dolphin was done by a teenager if i remember correctly.
there are always a few raw talent people in every generation.
>>
>>5522974
I understand your point of view and to some extent I think you are right but I can't categorize a whole generation as "this generation is like that" I can't refute you because I don't know much about the topic, so i'll say just draw because we are in a drawing board
>>
>>5522857
if you spent even a single second looking at zoomie drawings and comparing it to anything from a decent 90's artist it's obvious you're full of shit and probably coping

if anything art hasn't regressed this much in the last 15 years, except a couple upcoming asians who are alright
>>
File: 13567867587.jpg (192 KB, 850x1200)
192 KB
192 KB JPG
>>5522953
>WHY ARE ZoOMERS sooOO goOD???

okay anon the thread was funny in the first few minutes
zoomers are bottom of the barrel, as cal arts, tumblr, twitter, even DA, demonstrates
>>
>>5522992
those sites were dominated by 20-30 somethings posting cringe as well back in the day though, so what are you even trying to say
>>
>>5522823
We got too cocky Loomis bros
>>
>>5522866
>that's why everything they are into is demonic they are literally a generation raised by the devil, they lack empathy in a lot of ways and attachment to the real world and truth.
Says the guy on 4chan lmaoooooooo
>>5522903
Go outside you haven’t talked to a zoomer in your life you internet addict
>>5522974
>While the GG, gen X and zoomers are "just leave me the fuck alone" generations
Have you gone outside before
T.19
>>
File: awow.jpg (47 KB, 981x976)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>5522824
fpbp
>>
File: Checked.gif (1.78 MB, 300x242)
1.78 MB
1.78 MB GIF
>>5522966
Dubs don't lie. The internet and it's development of open information to all people and it's exposure to other artists and instant critiques.
>>
>>5522992
>okay anon the thread was funny in the first few minutes
>zoooers are bottom of the barrel, as cal arts, tumblr, twitter, even DA, demonstrates
An 18 year old mogs you
Cope
https://youtu.be/jsCzcYPcxdU
>>
>>5523604
>2016
>bust shot
>2021
>bush shot
Great improvement bro
>>
>>5523604
>Side steps the entire corrupt educational system and learns on their own
Based
>>
>>5522823
>>5522953
That's just the power of digital, on top of that we don't know how much time they spent on that single drawing. If you spent a week on it you could do the same (but you won't).
>>
>>5522823

>Be a 15 yo in the 90/2000's

>you may not know about how to draw books outside of shitty animu books

>you didn't had a youtube video that explains some concepts like perspective or rendering in a simple way to you.

>digital art was new,you may not even know that it's possible to draw in a computer using a tablet because no one talked to you about that.

>outside of photoshop which wasn't affordable for many people,there were less alternatives so you ended up using a programs like ms paint.

>Same goes for tablet,screenless were the only option and we all know that unless you're experienced,you need a lot of time to adapt,which can be demoralizing.

>You probably have no idea about the jobs you can have as an artist and what you need to do in order to get them,you just "want to draw for a living"

>Your parents may not encouraging you it this path by providing you ressources because they're just as lost as you on the topic.

>You don't have any guidance or clear,structured path to follow so you mainly rely on trial and error.
>>
>>5523604
holy fuck i had better gains then him in this exact time frame. And i thought i was bad. Maybe i gonna make it!
>>
>>5522824
fpbp
>>
>>5523604
>Weeb trash with shitty rendering.
This is supposed to be impressive?
>>
>>5523667
Pyw or this is pure beg cope
>>
>>5523606
>Great improvement bro
https://www.instagram.com/somenormalartist/?hl=en
>>
>>5523632
This.
It's just way more resources and guidance being available nowadays.
In the next decade you'll see 15 year olds surpassing every pro of today.
>>
>>5522866
That’s actually the biggest problem. Baby boomers were anti-moral, Gen X was a vacuum of morality, millennials had a corrupt morality, and now zoomers are going back to anti-morality in ways that even baby boomers didn’t sink to. It’s all a downward spiral and zoomers are actually just the new baby boomers. Until people start noticing the downward spiral, become mindful of actual morality (as opposed to the fake, corrupt, inverted morality of millennials) its just gonna be a cycle of cultural shittification until collapse.

>>5522887
>if I side with the violent ones they’ll be nice to me during th race war
Cringe millennial logic
>>
>>5522891
>general painting is ez peasy
hahaha delusional duning krueger, nothing in art is easy.
>>
>>5522824
HOLY BASED
>>
>>5523876
if nothing is easy and all fundamentals are hard for you then quit art you have no future in this lmao
>>
>>5523905
ok sure but post your work motherfucker.
>>
This is just beg cope, the thread. lol
>>
Rendering>fundies and you’re fucking stupid if you aren’t covering up your decent anatomy with great rendering. No one cares about your line art or greyscale if that’s all you do. Unmarketable
>>
Yet another "wahh young artist good" demotivational thread! How interesting!
>>
How do I focus on getting better at rendering? I'm at the point where rendering feels like the biggest thing taking away from my satisfaction in my art.
>>
>>5524251
read "how to render" by scott robertson and then watch speedpaints or art streams and then replicate it by yourself, it's that easy
>>
I a 24 yo (old man)
I wasted my youth on not grinding drawing, started seriously only in 2019.
What pains me the most is that I first entered /ic/ in 2014, posted for some time but I was doing the wrong things and I got bored of failing.
If only I knew then what to do
I'm improving now, but what could have been... maybe I would even have my dream 600$/mo income...
>>
>>5522887
>Morality is just code for "sacrifice yourself for me".
Crawling in my skiiiiinnnn...
>>
File: frb.png (77 KB, 686x691)
77 KB
77 KB PNG
>>5522823
i dont think this person should be on Twitter
>>
File: talent.png (159 KB, 731x708)
159 KB
159 KB PNG
>>5522884
>>5522992
>>5523606

What about pic rel? Kids are just learning sponges, I swear.
>>
>>5522824
BASED
>>
>>5524485
yes ALL kids in the world have talent for drawing and we old people should give up
>>
>>5524485
>I don't want to have this sort of conversation with an adult though !!
What?
>>
>>5522823
Internet
>>
>>5522884
the thing is that he draws and you COPE
>>5524504
excatly, the main diference is that in the west they say muh realism and endless realistic faces while the japs grind boxes then houses, then figures, cars etc, japs use quantity over quality in their studies so thing stick up, 250 boxes meme but with everything
>>
>>5524653
post your work so i can keep coping please i'm addicted to it
>>
>>5524658
Moving goalposts, are we? keep coping bro
>>
>>5524675
I've said several times that the kid has talent I'm not going to deny it I just don't care and it doesn't affect me, my favorite artist could come to my house and tell me I'm a talentless piece of shit and I'd still give a shit and keep drawing because I love drawing, I think the person who is coping is someone else kek
>>
>>5522824
fpbp
>>
>>5524485
She isn’t wrong but, who cares lmao
>>
File: 162432121389.jpg (159 KB, 850x1093)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
>>5522823
Anons how do i rendermax?, there is any courses or books to start studyng, i am now checking Scott Robertson how to render, but there is any better method?
>>
>>5522823
People do lie. But kids have all the time in the world and all the resources in the world. I'm 24 and I knew about some online resources back when I was 10-12, but kids today are so much more savvy at the internet. They have more than just Paint Tool SAI or MS Paint. It also feels like the popularity of art communities on Twitter really pushes kids - maybe even in a more productive direction than Deviantart did.

If you're an adult with responsibilities you're not going to progress faster than an enthusiastic kid with their whole day to burn.
>>
>>5525388
fucking this, where are all of these kids learning to render so good anyway?
>>
>>5522823
>How are young artists so good now?
Online tutorials. People can learn a ton about techniques just from Youtube and other online tutorials, and most of the people online are young people. 20 years ago you had to scour through physical books or pay to take classes to learn techniques, now its very easy to find it online.

That is why there is so much talent now, its much easier to learn, but you have to want to learn and not be lazy drawing anime girls all day and then wonder why everyone is better than you.
>>
>>5525507
from what tutorials or courses do these kids learn from?
>>
>>5526060

They don't really go through tuts. Just read through this thread https://boards.fireden.net/ic/thread/4788849
>>
>>5524504
the details in the linework is good but the anatomy is so funny to look at
>>
>>5525496
They just copy other artists until their brain can produce their own pieces. An easy strategy for quick improvement, but it can only get you so far, because you'll be able to put nice colors like in your pic, but won't actually understand why they work or how to use them in other environments.
>>
>>5522823
yea some people got high iq levels and learn stuff quickly
either draw or dont
>>
>>5522884
holy fucking shit the amount of projection
>>
>>5527738
beg cope wanna quit art?
>>
>>5524518
a BASED child doesn't want to waste their time talking about adult things with a pedophile
>>
>>5523571
are you new here
>>
>>5525388
Those kids don't use courses or books because they don't know any better, not that they need to. You don't need to either.
>>
File: 1625486368925.jpg (17 KB, 480x360)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>5522823
great, another thread doomposting about how good those gosh darn kids are at drawing
kids are getting smarter with easier access to information day by day, simple as
now quit wasting time and energy on superfluous things like ecelebs and get drawing you damn monkeys
>>
File: 1590663134859.png (499 KB, 752x768)
499 KB
499 KB PNG
>>5527977
>kids are getting smarter with easier access to information day by day
>more access to tik tok and more years in education = smarter
>more money to the government = less poverty

That's why the global IQ is rising, right Shlomo?
>>
>>5522823
>or take heavy inspiration from my works.
i was about to side with him but nevermind lmao, what fucking enormous ego
reminder that it's your civic /ic/ duty to destroy any young talentfags
>>
>>5527986
Maybe, just maybe, there's other reasons why you're a failure and why even 15 year olds are able to surpass you and trigger your tall poppy complex besides black people being stinky
>>
>>5522824
Fippy bippy
>>
File: 1586881746425.jpg (137 KB, 768x1019)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
>>5522895
As a gen z from libland, most of the generation is fucked, besides white boys. Most white boys have common sense and make fun of the trans and gay teachers (yes my school had those creatures looking after children). Everyone else got indoctrinated into being gay, cutting off their tits, or pretending to be chicks. And the niggers are still niggers.
Please homeschool your children guys its only getting worse
>>
>>5528229
You unironically believe berating someone with an ego THIS big https://twitter.com/francheur/status/1418259442894876675 will fall to some /ic/ crabs? kek
>>
>>5531554
burn and crash kek we don't have to do anything
>>
>>5531554
I bet she was the one who made this thread in the first place.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.