[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 21 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1453254898240.png (138 KB, 375x288)
138 KB
138 KB PNG
Does this get to anyone else? It drives me crazy when a studio never responds, or they will tell you they are going to contact you tomorrow, or email you then ghost.

And not just individual people found on twitter or insta, but professionals and studios in illustration and animation. Why do they always ghost instead of send a decline, or make a
>Sorry but we are going to go in another direction?

It's always empty promises of communication in the future and then they vanish. Why is this the normal behavior from working people?
>>
>>5524182
You aren't good enough for them to care about you.
>>
>>5524182
Theyre busy faggot, youre probably the 30th beg thats hit them up this week.

Its more unprofessional for you to whine about it than it is for them to ignore you ya fucking faggot.
>>
File: 1601891010652.jpg (127 KB, 1280x720)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
The answer, as always, is women.

The metagame of HR has evolved to be purely feminine, and as such avoiding any sort of attrition and being roundabout/indirect is the best strategy, since just a minority will try to contact back.

Not only that, but there are also women on the receiving end too, and if they don't get it their way, they might become very upset. So, in order to avoid drama from an angered candidate, the system has evolved into this aloof treatment to avoid conflict.

Negative words makes everyone sad! :(
We can't say "denied", "no", "rejected".
And nowadays you can't even give people negative thoughts! "Sorry, but...", "maybe next time", "we appreciate your time".
The meta-game has evolved, words don't mean what they mean.
You yourself are proof of this type of language, on your example of a rejection, you didn't write a single negative word:
>Sorry but we are going to go in another direction
This is an IMPLIED negative, YOU ARE A WOMAN! I AM A WOMAN! It's the end of times, sweetie.
>>
Maybe it's just like any other job. They say they'll call you, but that's just some kike manipulation to see if you'll actually wait. Most bosses want you to call back and they just tell you they'll call, not actually planning to, as some kind of gay ass test of "how serious you are". Try to contact them, anon. Hopefully you get the job. I'm rooting for you! (and if you're british, I mean rooting in the american sense, not your perverted way)
>>
File: amogus.gif (1.16 MB, 766x676)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB GIF
>>5524753
>NO! I'M NOT DOING A SHIT JOB! I'M NOT A /BEG/! I'T MUST BE THOSE DANG DIRTY FEMOIDS
>>
>>5524777
Can't it be both anon?
>>
>>5524777
>evolved
unronically yes studios now have gender quotas and they check your social media, if you have some edgy NIGGER walltext coment is OVER, they also move via contacts rarher than talent, thats how Steven Universe was made, (((Reebeca Sugar))) just did some phonecalls and the steven universe was filled with trannies, feminists and "men", thats the blackpill about studios, thats why Ethan becker became a nigger lover
>>
no one here knows
>>
>>5524545
No it's unprofessional when someone on the phone tells you they will send you an animation test and then never email shit and do not respond to anything ever again.
>>
File: 10457.jpg (27 KB, 620x344)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>5524800
This is the reason it's mostly women in animation. Only women are getting any attention since they have programs to mentor female students and get them known among studios while still in school
>>
>>5525026
No, youre worse
>>
>>5524545
There is a big fucking difference between applying and never hearing back at all. and applying, talking to someone, they give you a start date, or tell you that they want you to work o something and then never hearing back after that point.

Even then, any job that require a resume should necessitate a decline if they are not going to hire you. It's not like a McDonalds where they have a stack of badly filled out applications in a box in the manager's office.
>>
File: 1452484210970.jpg (41 KB, 760x571)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>5525026
Wow

What.A.Whining.Little.Piece.Of.Shit.Fucking.Pathetic.Bitch.

Seriously you need to consider fucking killing yourself because holy shit you are a fucking child and a failure at every part of life. No one is going to hire you, I goddamn well would never hire you. You're a faggot. Fucking kill yourself now.
>>
File: waaaah.jpg (24 KB, 640x359)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>5525026
D'AAAWWWWWWWWWW

Your still a whining crying bitch. So shit any employer doesn't want to talk to you.
>>
>>5525068
Based. If even a tenth of OP's attitude in this thread comes across in an interview not even McDonald's would hire him.
>>
>>5524182
lol
>>
>>5524753
then become a woman
>>
>>5524800
>if you have some edgy NIGGER walltext coment is OVER,

I have bad news for you, this is any workplace, not just studios. If don't know enough to keep your edgy NIGGER walltext private, you're too autistic to work with other people.
>>
>>5525456
This is what many ""people"" are trying to do already, and they don't even realize why.
It's the way society found to counterbalance the fact that there aren't enough men dying in wars to make the gene pool small enough that women can focus on disputing the top-tier males only.

Truly bleak.
>>
>>5524753
Based post. The matriarchy is real and everyone with a soul and a will of their own will suffer for it.
>>
I did an art test for a company, they art director advanced the test and told me so per email at noon, so i already only had half a day compared to my peers and no time to prepare. he then cuts me off at 5 to show me some of the very mediocre work of my competitors that he thought mine should have been like. wonky perspective, bad values, basically no 3d at all
>>
>>5526871
he then proceeds to tell me they will let me know results in 3 weeks or so, i already know i won't get this job nor do i want to.
I never ever hear back from them again despite having put up with their bullshit and worked for them for a day for free basically.
>>
>>5526873
I google the art director, i find no work of any substantial value, in fact i only found one shitty 3d model with unclear origin. this was for concept art for theme parks. oh and in the end he had the audacity to tell me they had 32 other art test to do
>>
>>5526875
i guess takeaway is ask beforehand how many competitors there are before investing time and try to talk to the art director a bit and try to see if you can work with him
>>
>>5524800
hahaha you're absolutely retarded
>>
>>5526920
They hated him because he spoke the truth
>>
File: 66768886544.gif (986 KB, 400x225)
986 KB
986 KB GIF
>>5524182
no one cares
>>
>>5524800
>if you have some edgy NIGGER walltext coment is OVER
gee, how unreasonable, you fucking moron.
Shit, when I was in school, we were sternly warned against publishing photos with so much as a beer bottle present if we wanna be taken seriously (not even in our hands, just anywhere. In the background, sticking out of the recycling bin, in someone else's hand).
No workplace is gonna hire a slur spewing edgelord.
>>
>>5524545
This is the sort of attitude that allows Japanese studios to hire in-between animators and pay them minimum wage or worse for challenging work.
>>
>>5524182

No joke, my application at Target was treated more professionally than my application at any other job. Responses are completely random.
HR departments tend to be lazy, if not outright incompetent and its better to get a job through someone who already works at the place you want to join, than to apply on your own.
>>
>>5525618
>>5529607
No but ten years ago all you dumb fucking zoomers we’re saying that shit. I even had some kid in a group chat try to coach me, an older millennial raised to think you can’t say nigger, into saying nigger and the rest of my friends in chat thought it was the funniest shit. It wasn’t just /b/ and losers in private Skype calls saying nigger either it was all of you. Why do you think Filthy Frank and iDubzzz were popular. Edgy boy humor like saying nigger. There’s an entire generation who was raised online and thought saying nigger was the peak of comedy. It was so normal to say nigger that many zoomers and young millennials probably don’t even remember their nigger shitposting on main. It’s just when some bitter fuck or an employer deliberately goes on twitter and searches your profile and offensive words like nigger to find dirt that anyone would even remember that you used to say nigger as if it were only a word and only a faggot or a woman would be hurt by it.
>>
>>5529685
It is just a word you fascist.
>>
>>5529685
I never used it. It was pretty fucking obvious that people like Filthy Frank and iDubzzz got away with it because they never planned to get a regular job, and their job was to be a form of escapism for everyone who has to behave in polite society. Sorry you were raised badly with no sense of shame or caution.
Also before them, there was shit like Jackass and the Dudesons, people who ran around being morons imitating them while expecting to still be allowed to function in society were still just morons.
>>
>>5529688
It is just a word. You’re right. I’m glad you understand that.
>>5529705
Great you didn’t. Millions of other people did. Lots of them when they dumb ass little kids who thought the internet was just a place you go to say bad stuff for fun. But it’s fine I guess. The current generation is doing worse, irreversible things to their psyche and bodies than the people calling George Floyd a nigger.
>>
>>5529607
you mean an animation workplace? the current animation industry is a totally mental community where good drawing is not only not sought for, it's discouraged with stupid ideas like overanimation. the easiest way to get into the industry is never to disagree with Twitter and make connections with Twitter people, any self-respecting person wouldn't do it though

watch out if you're getting advice about animation online, there's a lot of cartoon weirdos who only get brave behind the keyboard and will try to drag you down just to fight for those crappy jobs
>>
File: Eq1gZvMXYAMoWgT.jpg (76 KB, 574x681)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>5524195
>>5524545
the Norm in animation is a rock bottom level of skill, it can be different with smaller studios though ironically. for example I've seen mobile game studios do better animation than what CN or Netflix does
if you can't work in animation it's not because you aren't good enough at drawing, there are a lot of microscopic talents in animation. the most disqualifying things are having conservative politics, being a faithful Christian, having strong standards for the level of art skill you want to achieve, I've even seen controversy over having an interest in horror. I take note of such disqualifications since they all seem to include me
>>
>>5529685
You can keep bitching and moaning about how unfair it is that you can’t say nigger in public with no consequences, or you can learn to be a fucking adult and keep your autism confined to your home life. Good luck getting any kind of decent job if you don’t.
>>
>>5525026
Xame back to this thread like a week later now just to reply and tell you again that you are a fucking faggot who is a natural repulser of pussy
>>
>>5525026
Have you ever even applied for a real job before you unbelievable queer faggot?
>>
>>5529948
>>
>>5529611
No youre just a faggot with shit on your dick from when your fucked your boyfriend
>>
>>5529948
>>
>>5529973
Nobodys talking about cartoons from 70s you faggot.

90s were when they were good and you know it

Eat shit and shit dung
>>
>>5529980
lmao i just posted a meme and you are seething
>>
>>5529983
Im not seething im calling you a faggot for sucking dick

If you dont like it you should stop suckinf dick

We live in a society
>>
>>5529867
>Great you didn’t. Millions of other people did.
Darwinism.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.