[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 22 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: cartoonist.jpg (385 KB, 1920x8640)
385 KB
385 KB JPG
Are cartoonists illegitimate artists?
>>
>>5526289
No.
>>
B-u
>>
>>5526289
they are artists, but there are tiers to artists.
this is just a rough example

>fine artists
>modern artists
>post-modern artists
>animators
>anime artists
>illustrators
>comic book artists
>cartoonists
>political cartoonists
>>
>>5526311
And at the very bottom,
>fan artists
>>
>>5526311
How the fuck do comic/ manga niggers rank so low? You can argue about subject matter, but they have some of the highest overall skill levels amongst artists
>>
>>5526346
it's not a ranking based on quality of art and skills alone it's also based on value in terms of money and in society.
manga and anime art is my favourite art but it ain't seen at the same level or valued in society as fine art.
you can spend your whole life in an anime sweat shop studio churning out drawing after drawing of quality for minimum wage then some fine artist can come out and just shit out one good paining and make millions if not billions of it and sit pretty forever.
>>
>>5526289
How many upvotes did this have to get for you to read it from your normie website?
>>
>>5526311
>post modern artists that high up
Shit taste.
>>
>>5526353
>based on value in terms of money
then why are animators higher than illustrators?
>>
>>5526442
you would be surprised how much money people pay for post modern art.
trust me i lough post modern art, but it sells in the billions for some reason i will never understand???
>>
>>5526463
if you are an animation director, you make bank if you are a grunt animator you make wage slavery minimum wage.
same also applies to video games and film.
>>
>>5526468
then next time put animation not animators retard
>>
>>5526464
dude when they sell that banana peel or that glass of water for a Nigrillion dollars they get a certificate, this is used to buy children sex slaves.
>>
File: i9jyg1z4uym61.jpg (211 KB, 1920x1080)
211 KB
211 KB JPG
>>5526520
>dude when they sell that banana peel or that glass of water for a Nigrillion dollars they get a certificate, this is used to buy children sex slaves.
yeah i'm aware it annoys me how you can grind all your life, and some post modern artist can tape a banana to a wall and become a billionaire.
i hate this satanic system.
>>
>>5526311
Manga artists should probably be a tier above animators. Also animators should be way lower, they're treated like total dirt. Here's my list:

>fine artists
>modern artists
>post-modern artists
>illustrators
>manga artists
>anime artists
>comic book artists
>animators
>cartoonists
>political cartoonists
>>
>>5526675
your list is good as well, it also works.
honestly it's probably a better order than my original but i just roughly outlined what i perceived it to be.
>>
>>5526464
>but it sells in the billions for some reason i will never understand
tax rights off and money laundering
>>
>>5526520
well anime artist can be included in the illustrator category imo same thing

here is my rank on how I perceive skill:
>animators
>manga/comic book artists
>illustrators
>fine artists
>anime artists
>cartoonists
>political cartoonists
>post-modern artists
>modern artists
>>
>>5526289
Are d/ic/ks illegitimate artist?
>>
>>5526289
Nah they can still draw
Problem is that they tend to only draw trash since good art takes exponentially more time to animate and thus takes exponentially more money
>>
Skills:
>illustrators
>comic book artists
>animators
>modern artists
>"contemporary" artists
>cartoonists

Socio:
>comic book artists
>modern artists
>illustrators
>"contemporary" artists
>animators (animation is popular, but the name of artists is rare)
>cartoonists

Money:
>modern artists
>illustrators/comic book artists/animators
>"contemporary" artists
>cartoonists

Anyway, for the money ranking: 0+0=0...
>>
>>5526798
Where do engineers/architects fit on this since they've gotta draw photo realistic for patents and what not
>>
File: Eq1gZvMXYAMoWgT.jpg (76 KB, 574x681)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>5526289
cartoonists were once very accomplished artists at the very top. like Chuck Jones. today however it's the norm for cartoonists to have very little skill, at least in the cartoon industry. they treat it like circles of friends rather than jobs and don't care much if they produce things people want to look at
>>
I have correcter the ranking:
>me
>every other artist
>people on /beg/
>(you)
>>
>>5526800
>Is a plan + mongoloïd photoshop and/or an architect sketch for presentation is inferior or superior to a cartoonist?

A plan is the degree zero.
Most of architects skills are eqal to contemporary/cartoonist or even inferior.
In terms of socio and money: a drawer have average salary (but not that hard to find a job) and socio, really? people don't even know that job exists.
>>
>>5526800
They're not artists...
>>
>>5526353
imagine being this cucked
>>
>>5526289
Say want you want about them but atleast they dont tape bananas to walls and call it art as far as i am aware of , to be fair thats a low bar to cross , so low even a 5 yr old child with some crayons could pass it.
>>
File: Burnbot_papercraft.png (2.74 MB, 5000x3864)
2.74 MB
2.74 MB PNG
>>5526289

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.