[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Post small but effective visual drawing tricks
>>
now draw a 3/4 shot of a relaxed hand using that trick
>>
>>5616760
>the only way the fags here will even consider learning basic anatomy is if it's packages like a "secret trick the pros dont want you to know"

you guys are actually fucking stupid.
>>
>>5616760
>pic
I'm not sure what the text is saying, but the images are demonstrably wrong. The pinky has a greater range of motion, you can see this with your own hand.
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 989x606)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>tfw too retarded for german secrets
>>
>>5616760
>>
>>5616760
>>5616815
>>5616827

For all none of you curious what the german is, here's a half-baked may or may not be correct translation.
Bottom left: the hand is not a flat board, but a framework of bones coated with muscles, with sinews, and with skin. It makes possible a lot of flexible movements.

Top right: Correct (in bold)
Not only are the fingers spread/splayed, but the whole palm/surface of the hand is wider.

Bottom: False (in bold)
Make sure that not only are the fingers spread/splayed, but that the whole surface area of the hand becomes wider

Whether this makes the tut better or worse is up to you
>>
>>5616760
>german
Now I know why OP's pic is stupid, is worse than perma beg.
Look at my pic related and see why you shouldn't trust germans.
>>
>>5616791
Second or third peak of dunning kruger in this post combined with some crabbing. There is no such thing as "basic anatomy", there is anatomy and there are artistic abstractions that are wrong but useful. People don't call those abstractions "secret tricks" even though they are because they work. I mean I don't know why would you learn that german thing instead of Bridgman but they're essentially the same thing.
>>
>>5616760
i made millions after learning about this simple trick
>>
>>5616760
is this really correct? if I look at my hand with the fingers together then spread the shape of the palm doesn't seem to change much
>>
>>5616975
>don't know why would you learn that german thing
Because he is a retarded deutscher.
Germany is top notch in anything else except in drawing,which they are complete untermensch imn that.
>>
File: gu.png (158 KB, 256x314)
158 KB
158 KB PNG
>>5616966
did you learn nothing from the last time we shat on a german artist?
>>
>>5617506
German are untermensch in drawing, in everything else they are geniuses.
>>
>>5616760
hahahaha

how did you not look at your own hand before posting this. if that's how your hand works there is something very wrong with you.
>>
>>5617835
look up the bone structure of the human hand.
>>
>>5616844
Don't know who this is but it's pretty much what Burne Hogarth and Gottfried Bammes teach. Hell even Bridgman has a drawing or two using a different yet similar structure, just obviously with less hand (heh) holding.
>>
>>5617722
Explain gottfried bammes' anatomy book then
>>
>>5616760
I hace some of these.
>>
>>5619349
depressing bland commie art, absolutely disgusting
>>
>>5619349
what's there to explain, bammes' art is really ugly
>>
>>5619125
i already know it and it's not relevant, stupid fuck.
>>
>>5619349
>bammes' anatomy
gonna check that
sauce of the book?
>>
>>5616959
the text doesn't fix anything because the picture is wildly off. the splayed fingers all radiate out from very near to the same point at the wrist near the thumb muscles, and the pad on pinky side doesn't expand out like that.
>>
>>5619364
I have his whole book.
His anatomy stuff is complete, utter, unadulters excrement. His has some good tips for hair in motion, wind (no, not farts) and fur aswell as visual effects.
>>
>>5616966
why did they put Anna-Taylor Joy on the box of the markers?
>>
>>5623573
germans
>>
Why are g*rmans so bad at drawing? Did losing the war do a number on them?
>>
>>5616760
>>
>>5624113
And they aren't retarded, they are good at everything else except drawing.
>>
>>5619339
That’s proko
>>
>>5624113
Now that you mention it I can only think of 2 good drawers/painters in the last 500 years or so.
>>
>>5617506
That guy was actually Austrian.
>>
>>5624658
He was just an ein volk kinda guy
>>
File: 1616643050332.jpg (53 KB, 655x509)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>5624187
So you are saying that talent is real, genes are real and that some people are ngmi by default?
>>
>>5624857
If perfect pitch is an audio phenomenon then visual versions probably exist, so in theory

Yes some people will GMI by default but that doesn't mean musicians that don't have perfect pitch cant be musicians

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.