[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: drawabox[1].png (7 KB, 200x200)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>how to make yourself hate drawing 101
>>
>>5622948
Made by an actual programmer and not an artist.(well he draws but only robots)
Him and Proko are the worst.
Just pick ctrl paint.
>>
File: boxf.jpg (402 KB, 4960x3508)
402 KB
402 KB JPG
>>5622948
done
>>
>>5622948
I'm just a /beg/ but I think parts of it are good. His autistic insistence that you do everything in ink is stupid when it's just a proxy for trying to instill an understanding that each stroke matters and it's indicative of him being a horrible personal teacher but the exercises seem good and the attitudes he wants to teach seem worthwhile. I think if someone who was highly educated in art education remade the course it would be infinitely better
>>5623029
What's wrong with proko? Actually unironically please
>>
>>5622948
this happens when someone with 0 teaching experience makes a course about anything.

>>5623056
> What's wrong with proko? Actually unironically please
I don't think there is anything wrong. But his courses/resources aren't beg friendly, and if begs take them they might feel overwhelmed and quit.
People don't like him here because of his personality basically, they don't like Watts either. /ic/ likes wholesome uwu teachers like vilppu.
>>
>>5623056
>His autistic
yep that's basically draw a box, autism
>>
>>5622948
Is it really that bad anon?
>>
https://online-courses.club/sketching-animals-and-creatures-with-pen-and-ink-by-sorie-kim/

Here is a better drawabox course now on online-courses.club
>>
>>5622948
test
>>
>>5623495
did it work?
>>
>>5623029
No he does fantasy related stuffs most of the time.
Or I missed something
>>
As an absolute /beg/, I've started out at drawabox. Is there something better I can be doing?
>>
>>5623554
Its more important that you maintain the habit of drawing at your level. Just have fun drawing and worry about the fundamentals later.
>>
File: Drawbox.jpg (137 KB, 680x351)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
>>
>>5623813
Kek
>>
>>5623105
No, there are just plenty of other, better resources
>>
>>5622948
Drawabox is not a good course and should not be recommended to anyone. Erik Olson is where it's at.
>>
why is it on the /ic/ sticky then?
checkmate.
>>
>>5622948
Just read “how to draw comics the marveled way”.
>>
>>5622948
>getting filtered by the absolute basics

Absolutely pathetic, DAB isn't even hard or intense, it's like
>Cow says MOOO
>NOOO READING IS TOO HARD AND SOULLESS
>THIS IS ALL CRABS
>THIS CAN"T BE TRUE
>READING IS A MEME NOBODY REALLY READS

A normal 5 year old without ADHD is supposed to be comfy and have fun with DAB, if you're an adult that can't do it you have much more serious problems than drawing to worry about. Such as being a drooling aurtismal retard and having no chance of getting even a burger flipping job.
>>
>>5625463
>"see this line? draw it."
>"good job! now draw the same line 500 more times every day!"
>"wow isn't this fun!? are you having fun drawing yet!?"
>>
>>5623056
Yea I think he gets a bit autistic sometimes with the ink. He also says you're not supposed to find it fun. Motherfucker I picked this up because I found it fun.
>>
>>5625468
Yes, it is a reasonable and very practical warmup.

You will end up learning nmuch faster when you don't need to erase and fix every line youre doing.

>never practice the lines
>now draw 250 boxes
>NOOOOOOOOO

If every box took you under 10 seconds 250 boxes wouldn't sound like a lot, it's like an hour at worst.

But since you're a shitter who never practiced the lines either each box is a whole fucking multi step project for you.

See what the problem is? You want results while refusing to work for them, like coming to a gym, loading a huge barbell, failing to move it an inch and calling it a rep anyway, then doing the same thing every day.
>>
>>5622948
Worth doing for some people. There was a fag not too long ago that posted his massive gains after doing the form exercises.
>>
>>5623148
Her FND1 at brainstorm course is pretty good too

>inb4 Kim
>>
>>5625563
pyw
>>
>>5623061
proko is pretty wholesome, his livestreams and chats with marshall are great.
d/ic/ks don't like proko because most of the people here are frankly morons with zero ability to perform critical thought or reach a conclusion on their own, so they see a bunch of memers shitting on proko with his kangaroo and dislike him without ever consuming any of his work.
this lack of self-reflection also goes a long way towards explaining the general low level of artistic skill on the board. what am i even doing here. i don't even like you people.

im trans btw
>>
>>5625691
>trans
Explains so much
>>
>>5625537
One of the very first things he tells you to do (before any exercise, even) is to not spend all your time mindlessly grinding, the fuck?
>This brings us to an extremely important rule: at least half of the time you spend drawing must be devoted to drawing purely for its own sake. Not to learn, not to improve, not to develop your skills, not even to apply what you've already learned. There are no restrictions on medium, no specific techniques you must use, no subject matter you must focus on. Draw the things you'd draw if you were the most skilled artist in the world; draw the things your brain insists you're not ready to tackle just yet.
With reading comprehension as dogshit as yours I don't think any book is going to help you
>>
>>5625694
im actually not but you lead-headed chucklefucks always seem to dislocate your jaws to swallow that bait, grasping at straws for any reason to disregard uncomfortable truths. keep wallowing in your spiteful mediocrity, dingus.
>>
>>5625691
Doesn't Proko shit on Bob Ross?
>>
>>5623105
Nah. There's better stuff out there but it's not as bad as people on this board make it out to be. Honestly a lot of them get filtered by grinding the exercises when at the very beginning of the course he says not to do this.

You're supposed to combine what you learn in DAB with things you actually want to draw but surprisingly enough a lot of people don't do this and just burn themselves out.
>>
>>5622948
I did Drawabox, at least the first few chapters. I found it very helpful. I made gains, for sure. Perspective is fucking hard, and Drawabox forces you to grind it.

>it's boring and grindy!!
The guy straight up says that you shouldn't spend more than 50% of your practice time on Drawabox so you don't get burnt out. Bottom line is, if you can't draw a fucking cube in perspective from different angles you're never going to get good. It's that simple. Drawabox is good for forcing you to do boring, but fundamental, stuff like that.

>>5623029
Proko is a fucking beast at what he does. Show me you're even *close* to his level at drawing people and I might take you seriously.
>>
File: island-background_squasar.jpg (2.37 MB, 2700x1470)
2.37 MB
2.37 MB JPG
Yes. I don't know what's teachers obsession with fucking boxes. I've been drawing drawing boxes in classes since highschool.Did them in uni as well. Still suck at drawing boxes but managed to draw fine.same for vases and gay shit like that. Only thing that was useful was michael hapton exercise of converting the human body into boxes.
>>
>>5622948

I actually did these exercises, and it didn't make me hate drawing lol, you make good gains from it
>>
>>5626961
>The guy straight up says that you shouldn't spend more than 50% of your practice time on Drawabox
Literally the only "professor" that asks you to spend as little time possible on his "course" kek

>>5628240
I like your boat
in general your painting looks like a manga drawing in color

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.