[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 41 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

[Advertise on 4chan]

Seriously what Is with this board obsession with anime/manga? What Is the appeal of cartoons and comics that all look the same and are about fighting teenagers or underage girls? Why don't you take inspirations from better sources like Marvel, DC and Image comics, or better cartoons like Avatar and Castlevania instead?
>>
File: 1621640445244.png (158 KB, 396x382)
158 KB
158 KB PNG
>>
Why do you grown motherfuckers want to draw cartoons instead of realism or movie posters
>>
I ain't gonna spend years just to make one panel because "muh realism", besides realistic portraits are just non appealing and only boomers are impressed by them
>>
>>5623790
You'll find honest answers when you stop making dishonest questions.
>>
>>5623790
You're on a site centered for anime and manga? Next question.
>>
I remember when this board used to tell animufags to fuck off.

I miss that time.
>>
>>5623790
I like comics but look if it was easier to read I’d probably have read more than I’ve read mangas. I don’t know where to find them online to read and I don’t know where to start especially with marvel/dc stuff because there are tons of comics for one character only. It’s confusing to me. Manga is much simpler and you’ve got sites where you can search mangas via tags so you can find mangas that suit the kind of story you wanna read.
>>
>>5623799
>I have bad taste and am proud
Good for you, anon
>>
>>5623815
The Golden years.
>>
>>5623790

has anyone got a good watercolor paper texture overlay that looks like this? I can't find one that I like.
>>
>>5623790
>Why don't you take inspirations from better sources like Marvel, DC and Image comics, or better cartoons like Avatar and Castlevania instead?
LOL, those are terrible and have worse writing than isekai
>>
>>5623790
Anime used to be unpopular. Now its hitting critical illness like everything that hits peak.
It will just drop at some point and the crowd will move on something else.(like always)
>>
>>5623790
>Marvel, DC and Image comics
>>>>/co// is the other way ,they even got threads for anons that make comics.
>>
>>5623881
Not even Anime's self-barriers are working anymore. Japan needs to crank the tempo up again on the "wtf japan???" factor.
>>
>>5623790
>>Marvel
>>DC

get off this board immediately
>>
>>5623790
You obviously don’t know enough about anime or manga if you think all of it consists of teenagers fighting or underage shit. Break out of your little echo chamber before you comment on something you know very little about
>>
File: 1631715349264.png (514 KB, 696x1000)
514 KB
514 KB PNG
>>5623790
jews haven't touched anime
>>
>>5623922
They don't need to because it achieves what they want already.
>>
>>5623916
This.
Anime/manga got so many subgenres in its branches, from manga for kids to the genres for teens, from there to young adults/adults genres.
>>
>>5623790
>teenage angst/pedobear crap vs manchildren/butchwomen with the emotions of cinderblocks

technically i like western comics because of the art style and i can't get enough of batman's *beep*. i don't feel anything from those comics. mcu on the other hand is kinda getting there.
>>
>>5623795
I want to do both.
>>
>>5623790
Anime is the allegory of creatism in a structured society and the struggle of ascension and transformation. Also there are boobs.
>>
>>5623790
Being unable to deconstruct and understand the appeal of art styles you don’t like is big brain shit. You can stay beg, idgaf.
>>
>>5623790
Cute girls
>>
>>5623790
what the actual fuck
>no you can't like japanese cartoons
>it has to be by western people but still made with asian hands
go learn who actually drew avatar and castlevania it was a bunch of korean guys named lee
>>
>>5623795
because with realism there's no reason to not just use a camera
chasing perfect recreations of reality feels pointless to me because I will always be fighting a losing race with an iphone, at least drawing from imagination lets me do things that aren't done objectively better by a device that everyone over the age of 10 has access to
>>
>>5624835
way to show your NGMI /beg/ powerlevel
>>
File: 1631472181773.jpg (39 KB, 615x343)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
Because this is literally an anime website based originally off a japanese imageboard. It would be weird if there wasn't a bunch of weeabos here. It's like stepping into a tabletop store and complaining why they're selling all these weird roleplay games instead of just board games or something
>>
File: defaultera.jpg (173 KB, 1280x720)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
>Website is created by our lord an savior Mootiekins to discuss anime and Japanese culture.
>Duhh, why all anime?
I like both and what I can't actually understand is why you guys spend so much time and energy hating on each other. It doesn't help that Western comics is stagnant and infested with progressive narratives. I really cant wait to read 'I'm not Starfire', watch a new remake with the lesbian side-combs or see black Batman's origin whenever they do that because you know they will. Anime still exploits overt sex appeal, what wast the last western comic hero that was allowed to be sexy? Western comics bank so much on nostalgia in the mainstream and so do the people who like it. Everyone always talks about how it was and imitates the style of how it was, but anime is at least sill creating new fandoms with new/repackaged stories and characters right now. Not to mention they don't give a fuck about Twitter trash.
>inb4 all anime looks the same!
Yeah, all western male characters are all the the same too too, whats your point? You can look at any lineup of the Justice League and see its the same naked beef body in rainbow underwear, chiseled chin and some cut of batman's cowl for the mask. However, the things that fans do herald are actually as good as most say and I enjoy looking at them as much as any anime. I just don't understand why it has to one or the other and people should really get over the "Only the things I like are good"/"I don't like it so it shouldn't exist" mentality. There are groups who will prefer everything, but my god are anime and comic fags so fucking loud.

As a side thought, due to the absolute state of western comics, it feels like western comics is ripe right now for independents and with my ignorance I'm not familiar with anything not super mainstream. Does anyone have any recommendations? Ones where I don't have to see gender politics and the like, I'd appreciate it.
>>
>>5625529
this site is for boobposting now, step aside weeb
>>
>>5623795
What's stopping you to do realism and cartoons?
Not to mention that being able to do various styles offers more opportunities than going full on realism.
>>
>>5623790
>american comics is best!!
american comics exist in a format that sucks. I dont want to buy 5 different floppies for whenever they decide to do some horseshit crossover event. Also, the fact that these companies are lending the artists and writers their action figures but the writers cant actually do anything permanent absolutely ruins their capacity to tell a decent story with legitimate change in it.

at least manga has a better sense of motion to its art and when you read it you start from volume one and keep going.
>>
>>5623795
more fun. realism has photography, movie posters are pretty formulaic cause they need hollywood money. cartoons have more room for expression and motion.
>>
>>5623790
>better cartoons like Avatar and Castlevania instead
citing the only 2 cartoons that are heavily inspired by anime and are even made in that style, you haven't read any manga or are just baiting fuck off
>>
>>5626954
Explain why there aren't any anime objectively better than those 2 tho c;
>>
>>5628495
Cause you're an idiot that hasn't watched any anime. Cowboy Bebop and Monster are better than both of them.
>>
File: 5748eutpfcs61.jpg (257 KB, 826x1121)
257 KB
257 KB JPG
>>5623799
>Attack on Titan
Obligatory
>>
>>5623795
this
how are people still fascinated with cartoons past the age of 3?
>>
>>5623790
manga > capeshit and too serious4u gritty indie comics
just more varietty

but my favorite stuff is western pen and ink stuff
>>
>>5628814
Cursed panel I hate it so much
>>
>>5623790
>marvel and dc
>their combined sales are less than that of a single manga

lol
>>
>>5623790
Modern anime is shit. Anime gained its reputation among artist from pre 2000 films and OVAs. No idea how the Instagram nu-anime shit where they trace a fitness model and draw a Fate/KyoAni face on it got popular
>>
>>5630308
>No idea how the Instagram nu-anime shit where they trace a fitness model
is that a thing? I don't see those at all, just typical anime shit. Do you mind linking?
>>
File: sexual squash.jpg (494 KB, 1280x1362)
494 KB
494 KB JPG
>>5628818
>how are people still fascinated with cartoons past the age of 3?
Stop acting like you're better than everyone else because muh
>I'm so mature than you! I don't watch those childish cartoons!
It's easy to tell from a simple glance over your message that the individual that lay behind it is a boring and self-absorbed faggot.
Anyone with a brain can tell you that most people want to draw what they like. And most other mediums of entertainment are either just harder to get into than cartoons (something that most people grew up on) or just genuinely shit.
Stop being such a dumb faggot anon.
>>
>>5623795
Realism is boring. That's it.

I don't even care about weebshit, but if given a choice between looking at it and yet another portrait of some random person, farm field, or ship at sea, I'd choose the weebshit.
>>
File: 15175618766985.png (307 KB, 469x615)
307 KB
307 KB PNG
Lol you are a gigacoper if you think you can skip realism and just draw your cringe anime faces all day and magically improve.
Pic related is what Krenz Cushart draws when he isn't drawing moefaced anime girls.
>>
File: 1627923148413.png (664 KB, 573x396)
664 KB
664 KB PNG
>>5623790
>>
>>5630411
This reminded me of how bad i am with charcoal.
Now i'm gonna practice for the next 3 days and fuck you in advance for motivating me to do so, i can already feel the pain.
>>
>>5625529
>Because this is literally an anime website
Really? I thought that this was a Mongolian underwater basket weaving forum?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.