[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1616256462950.jpg (117 KB, 720x960)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
1.If your goal with art is creating a story, give up now, making it with a story nowadays requires you to draw like KJG in each panel+be a godlike writer that has the cure of cancer in its story.
The standards nowadays have risen thanks to the fucking npcs demanding for more elaborate things. If your story doesn't have monumental characters, a revolutionary story that explains the string theory and mixes it with philosophy and deciphers God's genome so that braindead normies can understand it, your story won't make it.
2. They expect an artist to do 4k hyperreal waifus or else you are /beg/ to them and don't deserve their attention because they are haughty entitled assholes.
And they expect you to cater to them and do the work of a pencilist, inker and colorist(Marvel has one person doing each one) and work for 28 hrs a day only to recieve a praise as a payment method because these are too stingy to buy artwork/ or only buy them off from popular artists who have more than 1M+ followers.

And bare with me you are expected as an artist to juggle with many concepts (gesture,anatomy,perspective,composition,color theory,design,appeal,soul and many more I have forgotten) and be inured to these things.
Also they want you to accept that it's ok to be exploited and abused as an artist,fucking normies think drawing is easier thanks to digital art and their standards shouldn't be lower because the tablets draws for us.

TLDR If you don't draw like KJG, you are a permabeg CWC ripoff in the eyes of normies/crabs.
>>
File: SHUT UP, CRAB!.png (277 KB, 680x250)
277 KB
277 KB PNG
>>
>>5680084
no one asked
>>
>>5680084
Sounds like the average uncle who says that you must be a 1,90 millionaire Chad to get a girl and therefore feels better to not even try to approach girls and go on with his pathetic life
>>
File: c44.png (718 KB, 1293x1407)
718 KB
718 KB PNG
Based gatekeeping jew-crab. Let's prevent these new artists from turning into competition.
>>
>>5680105
*incel
>>
what are you talking about, npc standards are lower than ever before
>>
>>5680084
>/pol/ lingo
sage and hide
>>
>>5680084
Chainsaw man is praised like a modern masterpiece by anime fag

Average Netflix show gather millions of view even though they are a low budget shitshow

Disney doesn’t even try anymore and remake the same stories over and over

But sure standards are very high
>>
>>5680084
Crabbing has come to a pont where isn't funny anymore. They don't even try anymore
>>
>>5680084
you sound like you don't even draw, go back to your contaiment board jewy
>>
>>5680084
your schizo delusions are not blackpills
come back when you actually know what you're talking about
>>
>>5680105
Kek, uncle
>>
>>5680084
>The standards nowadays have risen thanks to the fucking npcs demanding for more elaborate things
Where do you live?
The stereotype of normie is that of people that even if presented with better media prefer to consume the easier and more mainstream content (tv vs internet in the old days, shounen trash vs good anime trash today). Think about how many people prefer the first part of AoT instead of when it actually gets interesting.
I think you're just crabbing for the sake of crabbing
>>
Everyone here is coping ffs.
You are too delusional, that's why you are all ngmi.
You need to grow up.
>>
>>5680084
*blows you the fuck out*
>>
Hey OP just wanted to let you know I didn’t bother reading your mentally ill ramblings hehe
>>
>>5680875
cosmic basedness beyond human comprehension
>>
>>5680875
That's an early 2010s webtoon.
Retardo.
>>
>>5680084
low energy post; didn't finish
>>
>>5680880
cope
>>
Built for BMC
>>
>>5680886
retardo
>>
>>5680084
dw I'll prove ya wrong by sprinkling coombait into my art
>>
>>5680084
Literally untrue.
>>
>>5680084
Demoralizing faggot
>>
File: 1625535410620.jpg (100 KB, 960x960)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
Anyone who has paid attention to what normies clamor towards know that this isn't true at all. Its about how well you can pander to your specific demographic, trying your damnest to rub elbows with people who have your audience and posting relative to the timezone of the biggest audiences. Even chicken scratch and 2D dimensional characters will appeal if written right once you do the prior three. Pop Team Epic, Henry Stickman and other simple styles could never exist in OP's reality, yet they do.
>>
Haha too funny, now go kill yourself
>>
>He hasn't read FIST
>>
>>5680084
I was an editor
My job is harass beloved sensei 24/7
I called them at 3 a.m just to tell them to fix the goddam nipple
I exploited interns, appointed them as some sensei's assistant and they would happily do it for FREE,
>>
File: 1632737828277.png (105 KB, 867x557)
105 KB
105 KB PNG
>>5680140
>>5680148
>>5680178
Don't do that, I have autism.
>>
I'm not reading all that. Sorry you think that or congrats
>>
>>5680084
You know that meme picture with the wiggly lines representing drawing skill and observation skill, showing that if you feel like your art is getting worse, it just means you're getting better at noticing mistakes? I'm not sure if it's accurate, but it is true in the sense that people who don't draw tend to be bad at judging drawings. Most normies genuinely can't tell if your drawings are shit or not, and will treat you like some kind of wizard if you draw anything at all.
>>
>>5680084
I'm sorry you're having a bad day, maybe a bad life. Acting like a complete sperg on 4chins won't change that, though. Please kill yourself or just never come back, don't care either way.
>>
>>5680084
NPC's can shut the fuck up, i will write and draw my story regardless and if they are so picky then my stories won't be for everyone and i'll be glad for the little crowd that really enjoys what i share.
1 that understands the vision is always better than 100 that don't and themselves don't know what they check.
Telling a story can be done in any ways regardless the art. the art only will be the marking of your vision that will either make you stand out or blend in generic pot
>>
>>5680084
>gesture,anatomy,perspective,composition,color theory,design,appeal,soul and many more I have forgotten
Good stuff but is up to the artist to see and decide if they need them or not.very helpful tools.
>TLDR If you don't draw like KJG, you are a permabeg CWC ripoff in the eyes of normies/crabs.
>normie crabs
A crowd that doesn't interest me in the slightest.
Still writing my stuff even if will be declared obscure or whatever.It's nice to have many flavors of artwork.
>>
>>5681012
BIG MEATY CRAB
>>
>>5680880
>Being so astronomically buthurt because of the CHAD "it's all natural >>5680875 and i don't even try"
Stay mad
>>
didnt read past the first point lol
>>
>>5682238
Basade
>>
>>5680084
Instead of posting this shit you should post your work instead

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.