[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

managed to draw suprisingly well on paint using only a mouse.
>>
>>5681016
nice
>>
>>5681023
thank you! any critique? i feel like i didnt do enough and i feel i could improve in some spots. any suggestions?
>>
>>5681016
nice, now get an actual tablet and pen
>>
>>5681027
It's symbol'd to shit, learn fundamentals
>>
>>5681039
Don't listen to this crab. Fundies are the antithesis of appeal.
>>
>>5681039
i used to try and be very anatomically correct, still try somewhat but ive been really wanting to get into a more dynamic and appealing style. fundies are fun but definitly not my fav thing to do
>>
>>5681027
Hand could be better, the wrist being bent at a 90 degree angle looks a little stiff. The spacing of the fingers could show a little foreshortening. That's the only thing that looks wrong to my eye,
>>
>>5681078
Thank you! I struggled a bit with the hand, i was trying to do foreshortening but wasnt sure how to pose the hand
>>
>>5681016
retard
>>
File: ring.png (101 KB, 750x1085)
101 KB
101 KB PNG
>>5681016
pic related is the only thing I did in mspaint before I decided to learn a proper drawing software
mspaint stuff has a lot of soul to it but having to draw the end result straight up without sketching before is too much of a hassle for me
>>5681027
I don't think the pose is wrong, but maybe angling the shoulders would give it more dynamism perhaps? you know, raising the right shoulder a bit and tilting the left arm into a 45 degree angle like that magic girl pose
also the hand, as the other anon said
>>
>>5681179
you can sketch in mspaint you have to make it another color though. There's a feature you can use to select a specific color to erase (I think it was CTR+right click?) so it won't erase the other lineart color. Personally I just do paintings in mspaint so I'm not entirely sure if that's how you do the lineart trick
>>
soul
>>
File: rainbow.png (11 KB, 820x694)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>
File: fox4.png (96 KB, 800x868)
96 KB
96 KB PNG
>>5681197
i paint in msp a lot and people give it a lot of shit when it's actually pretty potent
in theory you can push out 3 layers (since the white bg itself is half transparent) with erase masking, which is just setting the eraser main color to white and the secondary color to whatever you need, then holding right click with the eraser
you can paint effectively like this as well by simply setting the color you want to override with the secondary color

as with sketching it would be trivial to setup your sketches in different colors, ink it with another color and simply clean up the sketch with this masking technique
>>
File: 1634194552281.png (753 KB, 1240x1748)
753 KB
753 KB PNG
>>5681039
>>5681043
Don't listen to either of these crabs.
1st anon is a dumbass who doesn't understand the distinction between symbol drawing and abstraction/stylization, and additionally is also fucking blind.
2nd anon is another breed of dumbass that thinks that learning fundamental skills somehow makes things less appealing, which is absolutely fucking bullshit because there is such an overwhelming amount of technically accomplished and appealing artists that could be pointed to that making such a claim is absolutely fucking ABSURD to begin with. Just because the Drawabox guy's art tends to be ugly and Proko fucked up drawing a kangaroo and a minion doesn't make fundies bad. Dipshit.
The both of you have a laughably poor understanding of what fundamental skills are in the first place. Get the fuck back in your bucket.
>>5681053
not being anatomically correct doesn't mean you aren't using fundamental skills. Composition, construction, gesture, even something as simple as line control, those are fundamental skills. I honestly wouldn't even call anatomy a "fundamental skill" to begin with, since it has more to do with knowledge of subject matter than the raw skills used to create things on your canvas. With a solid grasp of construction you can draw a pretty reasonable facsimile of a human figure with only basic anatomical knowledge.
As far as I can tell your fundamentals are fine. Solidly intermediate-tier. And the drawing is pretty cute, by the way. Good style. Those frilly ruffs feel nice and crinkly. And the composition is made up of bold, clear shapes.
I did a redraw with some pointers showing the issues with the hand, and some basic tips on how to sell the gesture a little more and make the pose more dynamic. Please ignore the fact thst I, being retarded, somehow thought you drew a four fingered hand, and also by drawing the hand first and then deciding to do the rest of the figure, ended up sticking her finger in her eye.
>>
>>5681469
your drawing is worse than OP's
>>
>>5681469
Good post, wish crabs could understand nuance, or how singly fixating on one or two concepts, like anatomy and perspective, and claiming anything that doesn't 100% represent it like reality is bad, is in itself bad and ignores the subtler stuff you mention like appeal, composition, and line control
>>
>>5681469
good post

>>5681476
missing the point
>>
File: imagine.png (309 KB, 1001x788)
309 KB
309 KB PNG
>>5681039
>>5681476
crabs BTFO

>>5681469
Thanks for taking your time! This board needs more people like you. There was a time when people woudn't be afraid to post their work and help each other out. We're all learning here - you don't need to be a master to throw out a redline.
>>
File: 17-06-21.png (110 KB, 1003x1290)
110 KB
110 KB PNG
drawing with the a mouse can be fun
>>
what is the best paint tool for doodling?
>>
>>5682066
the one you feel most comfortable with
>>
File: mspain.png (19 KB, 568x522)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>>5681016
good god i dont know how you've got the patience for this. spent like 5 minutes and my neck and hand hurts. it's lookin' real good don't get me wrong, but i'd love to see what you can do with proper art software and a tablet.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.