[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1632010529723.jpg (164 KB, 900x870)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
ic isn't too bad and all but I want to post my art on other places, but I wanna avoid social media in general. Do you know of other sites for art posting that have a nice community?
>>
>I want to post my art on social media
>But I don't want to post on social media
>>
>>5681464
He said he wants a different community
>>
>>5681457
>Do you know of other sites for art posting that have a nice community?
i know some places for art posting, mostly outdated and dead, but one a "nice community"?no.
>>
>>5681457
there's always /loomis/ but i might be pretty dead these days
what ever happened with the massive black forums?
>>
>>5681482
/loomis/?
>>
>>5681483
The art board on (1-cos2(π/4))ln((e4)4)chan
>>
Remember conceptart.org?
>>
>>5681487
>disconnected life support to check her selfies
wtf is wrong with these kids
>>
>>5681457
sorry buddy the zuckmachine killed forums and twitter killed small communities by way of shifting the focus from building rapport with artists to gaining and monetizing followers
your best bet for an art community is traveling back in time to 2002 or going into the real world and joining a local art group, both of which are equally impossible.
>>
>>5681484
:( I don't know what this means
>>
>>5681457
There's always wetcanvas, but well, how to phrase it.

See for instance the second watercolor "finished painting" post: https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/topic/presque-isle-pathway/.

To be honest, I avoided the first one because it said "pop-art", but it's actually technically interesting. https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/topic/poppies-8/.
>>
>>5681520
thanks but it feels very boomeresque
>>
>>5681500
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/girl-disconnect-life-support-plug-in-charger/
at least look something up before getting outraged at literally nothing
>>
>>5681533
>snopes
so I see it's true
>>
File: boomers.png (98 KB, 248x1710)
98 KB
98 KB PNG
>>5681520
these are the type of users you are gonna chat with in that place
>>
>>5681520
imagine sharing your /beg/ anime girl sketches to a bunch of boomers and asking for their crits
>>
>>5681457
go back to where you came from faggot i hope u get beheaded
>>
>>5681457
This is unironically the last internet art community outside of discord servers.
So be kind to people and help make this a nice place to be, ok?
>>
>>5681513
>local art group
Would be 100% boomers painting mediocre portraits and landscapes in watercolor.
I think part of why art communities aren’t really much of a thing (online and off) is that art is a pretty solitary activity by nature. Once you get out of the dark early /beg/ stages you kind of just go off on your own and you don’t need much help or feedback from people.
If you’re working on something like games or animation you would need a team of people, but in that case there are different venues for organizing those sorts of things. You wouldn’t just look for a generic “art group”.
>>
I'm too old, do we have any zoomzoomies here who used AminoApps?
Do you need a phone? Is there any potential in it? Or was there ever?
>>
>>5681762
You could try it. Kids always think adults are a different species or something. Presumably you're an adult, because you're on this site. So just act like one, stop larping as a 12 year old who's afraid of what mommy and daddy are going to say. Maybe it's useless, maybe they actually have decent feedback. But you'd rather sit here and go "oh no they're a few decades older than me." Fucking idiot.
>>
I usually hang out in insulated Discords with other artists if you mean non-public places like Twitter.

Even though I've since left, I appreciated that Violet Clovers Discord that floats around here sometimes. Nowadays I'm just posting in Discords I never pay attention to, or my own secret Discord which I've gravitated enough mutual artists and followers into.
>>
File: 1622818992967.gif (1.1 MB, 500x281)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB GIF
>>5681457
Please don't post that image again, it makes me very sad.
>>
>>5681569
Kiwikate seems like a nice lady if you ask
>>
>>5681862
be me
> to young to hang around boomers
> to old to get along with discord zoomers
>>
>>5681866
I didn't even register what it was about, that adult woman's eye was so askew that I only focused on that and moved on to read the thread.
Thanks for drawing my attention to it, cute sad pic.
>>
>>5681529
>>5681569
>>5681762
My point exactly.

>>5681810
Well, that's worth a try; being a bit satirical, the average post is just so caricatural: "Oh that's just lovely" "Wonderful colors", "Isn't that SO cute".

But you're right, doesn't mean they can't actually offer valuable advice when asked, even if from a distance is doesn't seem to be part of their culture.
>>
File: 1634011804661.png (425 KB, 803x590)
425 KB
425 KB PNG
>>5681457
we have this 4chan based community for artists on telegram with +70(all of them active since we filter who enters)where we post everything we like, share our art and have some chat on the channels, I can send you the link if you want but you must post your work and an account to see if we should let you in
>>
>>5681952
Discord is proprietary Zoomer garbage.
>>
>>5682117
No Anon, you must find a single older artist that used to do it professionally or for fun, and ask for critiques in month increments from them. Even if its a brief look-over, it'll be worth it.
>>
>>5682128
nice try fbi
>>
File: 1634188043346.gif (1.6 MB, 343x495)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB GIF
>>5682147
>"Do you know of other sites for art posting that have a nice community?"
>gets recommended a community
>"nice try fbi"
stay in this shithole then ngmi retard
>>
>>5682128
>we have this 4chan based community for artists on telegram with +70(all of them active since we filter who enters)where we post everything we like, share our art and have some chat on the channels, I can send you the link if you want but you must post your work and an account to see if we should let you in
send link
>>
>>5682128
telegram is worse than twitter in privacy
>>
>>5682147
Kys lolishitter
>>
>>5682128
use signal lol
>>
>>5682142
Well, if I had the opportunity, I may have. But I'm not only quite independent, but also able to self criticize objectively/rationally, which do wonders.

Also, there's just so much indirect input one can find on the Internet, just have to keep an open mind.

Nevertheless, good advise for those who have a more dependent nature and someone like that hanging "around".

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.