[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (1022 KB, 1280x720)
1022 KB
1022 KB PNG
>Normally very good at learning things quickly
>Years of drawing and it's still painful to look at
Why is it like this?
>>
>>5681594
maybe you're going too fast because you expect to learn things quickly
>>
Art request a different sort of talent.
>>
>>5681594
You can't learn to draw.
You can only practice it.
>>
>>5681594
i unno ive always mastered new things within a week and drawing it was bout the same amoUnt of time LOL
>>
>>5681594
I dunno man, I’m in the same boat. I still suck after years. Nothing I’ve ever tried in my life has been as hard as drawing. Nothing else I’ve ever done has taken so much effort for so little return. It’s kind of fascinating to think about, when it’s not just depressing.
I’ve been pretty good at everything else I’ve ever tried. Not genius level or anything, but good enough to satisfy me. I mainly do STEM stuff but even other artsy skills came easier to me than drawing. I played violin throughout high school and I was effortlessly one of the best in the class without ever really practicing.
Drawing is really just different somehow. If your brain isn’t uniquely built for it then you will struggle and suffer like nothing else.
I’m not trying to be a doomer or anything. I’m not telling you to give up if you don’t have talent. I have no talent but I will still never give up, because my desire to be able to draw is so strong. I’m just being realistic about how hard it is.
>>
>>5681594

Because it's way too complicated to learn fast. It takes decades to get mega good.
>>
>>5681594

Mileage. All you Need. Get Drawing like 99% of begs. Permabegs don't even have to try. They just go straight into the garbage.
>>
File: 1154511.jpg (29 KB, 294x397)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>5681699
>If your brain isn’t uniquely built for it then you will struggle and suffer like nothing else

Well yes and no. There's a funny thing that happens with drawing where one day you just "get it." The only other thing I can compare it too is, surprisingly, math, and those of you who suck at math know what I'm talking about, at least in regards to math. The real trick in art is learning how to bounce back and forth between tunnel vision, where you're focusing on the detail of whatever it is that you're drawing, and then being able to zoom out and be able to look at your piece almost as if though you're not the one that's doing it and instead you're looking at someone else's work.

The better you get at being able to jump between those two places in your mind will be the difference between being okay and being better than okay, or even "great." This is probably why there are some autisic artists that are astoundingly amazing at drawing, because for some reason their special minds can do the gymnastics that ours can't.

Hope that made some kind of sense.
>>
>>5681699
you guys are so pathetic. being able to draw well was considered an essential life skill before photography, such that every kid in school was trained in it. go look at some of their drawings. draw more faggot. draw 20 things a day, you WILL get better lol
>>
>>5681594
>years of drawing

How long have you been studying art?
What classes have you gone through?
Did you simply watch or did you actually do the work?
On average, how many hours do you practice per week?
How many breaks did you take and how often did you take breaks?

If you want a real answer ask some real questions. This is just a meme as it is.
>>
>>5683044
I can make direct copies of references well enough. Not master level or anything but decent enough to impress a normie. I assume that’s what you’re talking about when you talk about kids being trained to draw. I agree that any monkey can learn how to do that, it just takes practice.
When I talk about “being able to draw” I mean going above and beyond being a xerox and creating your own original works. And that’s probably what most people here mean too.
>>
>>5681594
The art learning curve is INSANE compared to almost everything else. There are SO many skills involved, color perception, spatial thinking, visual memory, muscle memory, but also critical thinking skills to judge a piece, find it's faults and improve them. Learning to draw a hand from imagination is completely different from painting a pond in front of you, and you should treat them as different.
When you look at how much you've drawn, it can feel insane to say that you've not drawn enough, but really, that's almost always what it is.
>>
>>5681626
Damn. That's actually a really good way to look at that.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.