[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 40 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

26 years old IT technician, no neuroplasticity left and only 3 hours of free time everyday. Realistically speaking, If I start learning fundies today, how long will it take me to become skilled enough produce something like pic related? I want to make it big on twitter

Please no bait answers
>>
>>5748498
*to produce

Fuck
>>
Just do it. Stop seeking validation from anonymous strangers online.
Don't forget to also have fun
>>
get a job in STE- oh wait
>>
>>5748498
if your perception is good and eyes good at observation + know how to help yourself with some logic from time to time if you hit a trap or are not afraid to ask for help when you need it and don't have a fragile ego that lashes when gets advice. Then GMI.
>>
>>5748498
2 years.
>>
>>5748498
I see Makimafag latched onto a new cope.
>>
History is full of people who started art late in their life and did fine. Anyone who fails at learning art are bad at studying and should get a mentor.
>>
>>5748498
You don't need anyones approval. Just do what must be done.
Study fundies but also do things you want to get good at, like those ink drawings in your pic.
I started somewhere at 24 and it's amazing what you can achieve if you practice every day. Don't skip a day, even if you can only find 10 minutes to practice.

If you only practice fundies, you will only get good at fundies, keep that in mind. Fundies don't naturally produce a finished product.
>>
>>5748516
That’s Kobeni you uncultured swine
>>
I don't know anon, why don't you try it and find out
>>
>>5748498
>no neuroplasticity left and only 3 hours of free time everyday
You're already making excuses for failure lmao.
>>
>>5748552
Sorry but once you post Makima, you're always a Makimafag, even if you try switching it up with Kobeni or Power or Reze or the others.

>>5748498
Please no bait threads
>>
>>5748498
6 years.
>>
>>5748498
10 years or 10.000 hours, don't try it unless you love drawing and hate instant gratification lmao
>>
>>5748498
I was also an IT guy when I started art, was a bit older tho 28

Today I have not done IT in almost 4 years and live off art (patreon + commissions + gumroad)

It can be done, it takes a lot patience, effort and discipline tho
>>
>>5748498
You're asking the wrong questions. But to humor you - anywhere between a few months and several years. I don't get people who get into art trying to speedrun it. Just enjoy the process. What's so great about being internet famous? Especially if you have nothing of value to share with the world. Seems like an empty and half-assed approach to anything.

The truth is no one can tell you how long it will take for you to develop a skillset in anything - it's up to you. Starting a hobby with vapid goals like this is usually a good way to make yourself miserable though. Or never getting beyond the basics. The equivalent of playing Wonderwall on your guitar.
>>
File: Z99Kl.jpg (1.12 MB, 2361x3441)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB JPG
As long as you don't start, you could be drawing instead of thinking when to start

You may get frustrated in the process but if you keep drawing properly with some basics you can get to it in maybe 3-5 years if you just keep copying the same artist, an example: trace the head and face and just try to replicate in all of your drawings but thats pretty lazy

If you want to actually learn to draw more than just heads while having the same style 5-10 years if you are actually learning and not just doodling

Btw the crying face looks weird
>>
>>5748498
You could get decent at observational drawing in a couple of months. Learn how to draw using plumb lines and angle and start with acrylics. you should be able to copy shapes decently pretty quick. Once you have that under the belt you could decide if you want to move on to construction
>>
>>5749766
can you post a sample of your work? This is a dream. How do you find an audience? Twitter?
>>
>>5749814
not him but personally I got way more attention than I expected by posting consistently on Pixiv/Twitter with a consistent-ish theme.

You don't need to be good as long as you're making something no-one else is (making provocative, ecchi art also helps expedite this process but if that's not your goal, don't sell out). Which I guess is why in some ways it's important to make "only art you can make" because you're gonna be passionate about certain things and certain methods in ways and manners no-one else will be, making you inherently unique.

Take Snale for example, 110k followers for so-so art that's utilised to strong effect aesthetically and framed well. It's all about making something that people can only get by following >>(you)

Something i didn't realise but appreciate now is that part of getting big(ger) is momentum, ideally you blow up but in reality, the best way to get to a comfortable following is to create a feedback loop where you're always bringing in a few more clicks and likes each time. I've had some real big posts despite all the likes, you get like, two new followers vs a dozen for something that pleases a consistent base that you can keep expanding out.

idk, I guess all I'm saying is put art out there even if it sucks, it'll have an audience and just keep putting it out there and with time it'll snowball.

A lot of talented people graft in the doldrums for a while because a lot of getting started is also just about having the tenacity to keep putting yourself out there.
>>
>i dont care about art, i just want to be popular
don't waste your time
>>
>>5748498
Don't fall for the neuroplasticity meme, just draw faggot. You'll see gains over the time only if you draw and stop doubting and making shitty excuses. Good luck on your journey
>>
>>5749814
Not anon but I could bet money it’s Firez. Even if it’s not the case it sounds very similar to Firez story
>>
>>5749766
>>5749814
>>5750573
>>5750606
Fucking coomers think they're being motivational by sharing how "you too can become successful :)" but leave out the part where they are e-prostitutes, not creators.
>>
As a new artist you should seek to fail. Hit that paper hard and try your best to fail. Keep drawing and noticing things, keep trying to tackle new subjects on the body (take portions of the body one step at a time. ie look at a drawing of a person that you like, and notice one thing in particular about it, and try to replicate it). Never ever think you're better than failure. Being an artist means you have spiritually accepted that you're willing to fail for a lifetime to gain the power of creating what gave you your early childhood dopamine hits. If you're trying new subjects and difficult perspectives, you should be proud to fail. Be a failure OP.
>>
The neuroplasticity thing is a complete lie fyi. You can get good at anything if you work hard at it. All any skill is is discipline x time invested. I'm breathing proof of that (improved to the point that I have a not-insignificant following on Twitter in my 30's)

Just draw motherfucker.
>>
>>5749768
He probably wants to quit IT really bad.
>>
File: 1526174072101.jpg (7 KB, 134x151)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>neuroplasticity meme
Gee OP, guess you can't learn anything anymore. Why even come here, then? Your brain can't retain the information you're processing by reading this right now.

Stupid motherfuckers. There are people who started art older than you'll ever make it to, and got better than you'll ever be. Jesus fuck, grow up you stupid internet manchildren, stop validating your own laziness and lack of discipline with retarded studies.

If you want an answer, here: Your reasoning (twitter fame) is shit and the fact that you're looking up retarded shit like neuroplasticity means deep down you already know you're not going to make it and you're trying to find someone who'll prove the opposite to you. You don't have what it takes, so my advice, give up.
>>
>>5751767
explain why prostitution is bad without succumbing to puritanical arguments based on misogyny and atrophied views on sexuality
you could argue that in a capitalist society where the threat of homelessness if you can't produce a paycheck means that truly consensual prostitution cannot exist by means of coercion, but i somehow doubt you're capable of any deeper thought than "sex bad" or "women bad"
>>
>>5751875
>People want to become artists
>Prostitutes come into thread saying life is easy
>Tell people to become prostitutes instead
>Get salty when told that people want to be artists instead
>"explain why prostitution is bad"
>>
>>5751875
>can you change my mind without changing my mind?
Top retard. Anything I say that doesn't allow with your world views will get labelled as "puritanical arguments based on misogyny and atrophied views on sexuality", your conditions are too ambiguous and give you all the decision power on what is true and what isn't.
As expected of a worthless whore.
>>
>>5751875
>explain why prostitution is bad
Not him but, STIs? Psychological long-term impact? Pimping & related abuses for genuine prostitution? Psychological impact of children?

Not to say that's is pure evil, there are good sides to it too, but there are many downsides.
>>
>>5750573
Thanks, this is inspiring.

>>5751767
Cope and seethe.
>>
>>5748498
>no neuroplasticity left
Well clearly if you're spouting such bullshit.
>>
>>5748498
>No neuroplasticity at 26
Bullshit
T. 25 yr old scholar
>>
>>5748498
>muh neuroplasticity
Low IQ, so 0%.
>>
>all this neuroplasticity cope
>>
you los the vast majority of your neuroplasticity when you're 2 years old, for the record
>>
don't think about the neuroplasticity thing, it's not holding you back.

kids and teens have way too much free time to learn shit, that's all it is. if you do not have the time to practice fundies, that will be the only thing holding you back. stop making excuses for your future self.
>>
We all are ngmi
>>
do you want to be 36 years old with 10 years of drawing experience and be a god at art at such a relatively young age?

no? why pretend its too late? you are an infant in terms of how much potential drawing time and experience you could have in your lifetime.
>>
>>5755321
The real red pill
>>
>>5748498
that's not good enough to make it big anywhere
>>
>>5751875
Sexually transmitted diseases, unwanted pregnancy, and mental and physical damage by customers or prostitutes who are less than the best.
>>
>>5748498
With the amount of resources out there today? Less than a year if you spend 3 hours a day.
The thing is, you won't. You'd be lucky to get in 1 hour a day on average. So you are looking at 2-3 years.
>>
>>5755718
all of those happen without prostitution, the latter happens when you ban it instead of regulating it
>>
>>5748498
male brain cut off is suspected to be 30ish, 25 for females

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.