[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Wacom CTH 661.jpg (100 KB, 1500x997)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
This is a thread to discuss all kinds of digital drawing hardware: non-display graphics tablets, pen display tablets, portable tablets and more.

If you have any additional questions, ask them.

>Recommended tablets:

Intuos 3 - Best screenless tablet. Look for one on Craigslist or Ebay.
Intuos 4, 5 & Pro - Also good options. Will burn through your nibs.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite - Budget portable display tablet. Very solid drawing experience with Wacom EMR tech, but a small 10.4" display area.
Used iPad Pro 2nd Gen 12.9" - Best option for a display tablet.
Galaxy Tab S7+ - Good premium alternative to an iPad Pro

>Avoid:

XP-Pen, Huion, Gaomon and every other Chinese brand - Poor build quality, lackluster pens, broken tilt, struggles to register light pressure, horrible customer support and the displays are not calibrated. All Chinese brands are basically the same because they're all centralized. Check out the webm to understand how bad they are. Also watch out, Chinese companies shill HARD on /ic/; they do a lot of samefagging and frequently hurl personal insults.
Microsoft Surface Pro - The N-Trig digitizer means you will always get wobbly lines.
Lenovo - Bad drawing performance because they're not designed with art in mind.
Cintiqs & other desktop display tablets - Overpriced, prone to problems and will lead to back posture issues.
iPads (brand new)
iMacs and Macbooks - Never buy this garbage under any circumstance. It's a locked ecosystem with rubbish hardware you can't upgrade.

Previous: >>5799590
>>
File: chinesetabs_1.webm (2.96 MB, 1280x720)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB WEBM
>>5828124
Remember to discard any retards trying to shill XP-Pen or Huion. They are complete garbage.
>>
File: cpro16cad.jpg (176 KB, 1553x692)
176 KB
176 KB JPG
>>
Wacom’s really been trying to push the wacom one hard lately
>>
>>5828126
Sunken cost cope.
>>
>>5828210
The reviews make no sense, did amazon merge reviews from the 1080p model?

Multiple reviewers say claim the pixel density is lower than their 4K devices, but the Cintiq is also a 4K screen so that is impossible.
>>
>>5828406
why
>>
>>5828406
how
>>
>>5828124
I've had a Gaomon pen display for over 2 years now. OP is a MIGA shill and should be forced to take the vax.
>>
>>5828555
nice trips but XP > chinesium
>>
>>5828428
i'm only looking at the canadian site, it seems like in the US one they mixed old model with new model
shit like this is kind of a big deal here because we don't get big discounts for wacom products and replacing them is also tougher, so they get the reviews they deserve
>>
>>5828126
Filtered.
>>
>>5828124
Can someone please rec me a decent drawing tablet and what software you're using?
>>
>>5828124
This is actually still the tablet I'm using today.
10 years later and still going strong
>>
>>5829299
coomers should be killed on sight
>>
>>5829299
why is the tablet tilted though, if it's not a screen tablet?

>>5828124
what makes the Intuos 3 so good?
>>
>>5828578
He was talking about Gaomon, you schizo
>>
>>5829365
Gaomon = chinesium
>>
>>5829335
rarely draw coom nowadays
>>5829361
why is she sitting on that ball
comfort
>>
>>5829370
but how is it more comfortable to have the tablet tilted? you are not slouching over the tablet, when you use a simple tablet like that, but you sit in an upright position and look at the screen.
>>
>>5829487
Why is it comfortable to draw on an easel, anon? Its ergonomics bro. Try elevating your tablet, your wrist will thank you
>>
I ordered a wacom intuos pro medium. I've never really drawn in my life. How do I get up to speed of drawing without a display on the tablet?
Also I'm curious, do some or many of you prefer it? Logically, I just imagine not blocking what you're drawing with your hand being a benefit, if you can master the hand-eye coordination of not drawing directly on a screen
>>
>>5829488
because, when I draw at an easel, I am drawing directly on paper, I have to sit differently when I draw on paper, as opposed to when I draw on a screenless tablet.
>>
>>5829493
Just comes down to practice really. Will feel really awkward at first but you just keep at it same as anything else and it will be fine. Like using a mouse, it's so ingrained by this point that it feels perfectly natural, but if you can even remember the first time you used one it was probably pretty fucking weird and awkward.
>>
>>5829493
recently got a one by wacom and it took me an hour or so max
>>
File: 1616477973012.jpg (64 KB, 388x372)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
I've had a Wacom Intuos for about 10 years and seldom use it (didn't want to scale the hand-eye-coordination curve). Now I'm looking at a display tablet and it seems like the prevailing argument is it's shit for posture. Is that the only issue? And is it because you aren't using a stand/easel? Any other reasons for screenless tablet superiority?
>>
>>5829553
I would assume you could just use one of those tablet stands that are at every Walmart
>>
>>5829553
There are no reasons, only poorfag cope. It's industry standard for a reason
>>
Looking for something for plein air painting
Are the Galaxies really the only reasonable option?
>>
>>5829650
it's the retarded and lazy standard
>>
File: quaint keyboard.gif (1.66 MB, 498x213)
1.66 MB
1.66 MB GIF
>>5829523
>Like using a mouse, it's so ingrained by this point that it feels perfectly natural, but if you can even remember the first time you used one it was probably pretty fucking weird and awkward.
>>
>>5829667
So why would the screenless tablet be superior? Or at least non-retarded and industrious?
>>
>>5829553
If you absolutely think you need tablet with a screen, make sure it's big enough that your possibly fat hand doesn't block your view.
>>
>>5828124
>Lenovo - Bad drawing performance because they're not designed with art in mind
What does that even mean? If it has a gigantic screen and a strong processor, what else is there?
>>
File: homer-homer-simpson.gif (46 KB, 220x143)
46 KB
46 KB GIF
https://youtu.be/nvgO9xl7QKE

new huion is there
>>
>>5829685
>possibly fat hand
Sadly/fortunately (as my kids are fond of pointing out), I have baby hands.
Coming from a traditional background, drawing directly on the art seems like it would be less of a curve than trying to relearn coordination on top of everything else that comes along with digital.
>>
>>5829670
it's not superior, but to some people it feels more natural to paint with. it's also easier to store away, when you're not painting. And it's way cheaper.
>>
>>5829688
I would like to know this as well
>>
>>5829553

like tablets more because i am used and my hand is not in the way. i have huge hands.. my wife says they are showing the size of my huge dick.. anyway.. you should try the shit out first before you decide. go to the shop and lurk there for half hour or so..
>>
>>5829712
Understandable but I think you are making learning to use screenless tablet a lot bigger boogeyman than it actually is, But it's up to you. I totally get why someone would like to have screen tablet.
>>
File: 1614706898449.png (397 KB, 994x561)
397 KB
397 KB PNG
>>5829721
>>5829728
>>5829732
Thanks frens. I think I'll give the Intuos another chance and if it just isn't working for me, I'll look at the display tablets.
>>
>>5829707
>The first 13” and 16" pen displays with 2.5K resolution in the industry
about time
>>
>>5829841
Try learning to juggle, it improves that hand eye coordination connection in your brain. Or do something else that requires hand eye coordination, whatever. You also might want to make sure your tablet's drawing area is set to screen proportion under mapping, and not full tablet area. It takes away a little bit of drawing area but it helps if youre having the issue where youre drawing circles and they come out stretched or squished into ovals every time.
>>
>>5829688
Enjoy your wobbly lines.
>If it has a gigantic screen
retard
>>
>>5829854
cintiq 16 is 4k
>>
>>5830194
so?
>>
>>5830194
it’s also a $1500
a mid range between 1080p and 4k is a nice option
>>
https://www.amazon.com/Wacom-Creative-Display-Pressure-DTH167K0A/dp/B09KF2442R/
why did it lose all of its reviews
>>
>>5830525
previous reviews were from the older 16 pro
>>
File: 1591217637652.jpg (3.16 MB, 4586x2120)
3.16 MB
3.16 MB JPG
>>5829653
Still hoping for an answer to this
Does anything exist worth using in the 300 dollars or less range that has a decent screen size, good battery life, good pen, and can run a basic painting app or are the Galaxy tabs really the only option
>>
>>5829040

But it's true, you wouldn't want to go back to chink once you have a cintiq pro 24 but you'll probably never have one in your lifetime.
>>
>>5829553
ergonomics is the main thing for me
but they're also more reliable, and you can get very nice monitors instead of being bound to what wacom offers
>>
File: 1682531_sa.jpg (44 KB, 500x323)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
My tablet is pic related. It stopped turning on when I connect it unless I press hard on the usb part that goes into the tablet. Am I fucked? Don't have the wireless thing either I lost it
>>
>>5830697
either replace the USB port or you might just need a new cord
>>
>>5830133
I'm new, but like all other interest boards /ic/ losers want to gatekeep even basic knowledge soo
>>
>>5830770
He is just a parrot, he doesn't even know why X is bad.../ic/ told him X was bad so now in his mind X is bad. Anyone that questions why X is bad is a fag
>>
>>5829707
welp, no more excuses to not buy a 16" screen for me at this point, I was trying to avoid it because I refused to ever buy a 1080p screen again and "maybe new intuos pro this year?" but for the price this is fucking cool, looking forward to a canadian release
>>
>buy Surface Pro 8
>drawing on it works fine
>add screen protector
>wobble out the ass
Wherefore
>>
>>5831081
Samefagging to say I switched to a downloaded pen (CSP) and added a lot more stabilization and that mostly seems to have done the trick. Still annoying that it had to be fixed though, my Galaxy Tab S7 never had an issue even with the screen protector.
>>
>>5831081
Some screen protectors block the EMR a little and can cause line wobble. I suggest you get a different screen protector.
>>
>>5831081
redpill me on the surface pro
Worth it?
I'd use it for more than just drawing
>>
>>5830770
The guy you're responding to is our OP. He's a /g/tard that got booted off their board for being a schizo. There's nothing wrong with Lenovos for drawing as long as they have Wacom EMR.
>>
>>5831363
Thanks anon, mind if I ask what you use?
>>
>>5831376
I have an ancient Fujitsu ST5112, Wacom Intuos Pro M, and Xp Pen Artist pro 24. I have other tablets but these are the ones I use the most.
>>
>>5829688
>>5829724
im not the op schizo just fyi and I have an IdeaPad flex 5 that you can draw on the screen with. I bought an actual pen display though.

It's okay and it gets the job done but it just isn't the best. The touch can be really fussy with fucked up calibration, the color is also off, my lines were genuinely really wobbly on it, etc. It's ok for sketching and light use but I wouldn't really recommend it.
>>
>>5829688
>what else is there?

A working pen and high res digitizer.
The wobble and pressure spikes are so bad you can see it in the youtube videos.
>>
>>5830697
Take it to an electronics repair shop and ask to fix the USB port.

Unfortunately the micro USB are just terrible and any device with micro usb is doomed. Usb-C doesn't have this problem/
>>
>>5830675
For 300$ you can get a 16" stationary tablet like Artist Pro 16

If you want a mobile device then S6Lite is the only offering in your price range.
>>
>>5831402
>>5831607
>>5831610
What would you recommend then? I have a badass laptop so graphic tablet and photoshop? ive only ever done trad so im not even sure what software to use
>>
>>5831638
Artist pro 16 Is what i would buy right now if i didn't have a Samsung S7+ already.
>>
>>5831638
I have an xp pen innovator 16 and I like it, it's a lot more accurate and less wobbly than the Lenovo. A standard tablet will also do just fine
>>
Which is better krita or csp?
>>
>>5831738
foss all the way bro
>>
>>5831738
photoshop
>>
>>5831738
Depends.

CSP runs so poorly on my PC specifically so I just chose Krita for the performance.

I also love the Krita workflow and ergonomics. Basically everything is very convenient and requires the least number of actions to accomplish.

But CSP on my S7+ runs so well and fast I literally don't use my PC for art anymore, the 4k monitor is now the movie device and the old tablet is a dedicated dust collector.
>>
>>5831731
>>5831734
Hey, I'm not knocking you guys you know more about this than I do. But 300 bucks for a tablet is really cheap, especially considering it runs windows 7/10 and not Android. What's the catch here?
>>
>>5831772
I don't know about the artist pro 16, I'm not that first anon, but with it keep in mind it's like an iPad and not a tablet that can plug into your computer so it probably won't run Photoshop that well. I'd look into it more but personally I'd probably get either an iPad(not pro) or Samsung over that if you want a tablet tablet at a lower price.
>>
>>5831772
Waiti got confused
Are you looking for a tablet like an iPad or one that plugs in? The artist pro 16 plugs into your computer and is like a second monitor you can draw on. It's not a portable tablet or standalone device
>>
>>5831792
Ah I see! I was like
>how the fuck did they fit windows into a sub 500$ tablet
That makes alot more sense kek
I'm not really sure, the laptop I'm using is nice but optimally I'd like a large touchscreen and have it be a completely separate deal to this laptop (it's currently enlisted as a music production workstation)
but at the same time, I don't wanna spend bukoos for a new computer/tablet.
So the artist pro 16 mirrors your computer screen? Do you think that would reduce your drawing field enough to notice, considering the entire UI is on the screen whereas with a graphic tablet the entire drawing surface is the paper?
>>5831789
Thank you!
>>
>>5831803
It works like a second monitor, so you can have it mirror it or use it as a second screen to display your art programs. I put the entire art program on the screen and find it pretty simple to use. Graphics tablets are nice too. It just depends on what you want. Also from my quick research the artist pro 16 does have a version with touch that seems nice. If you want to work mobile id recommend the Samsung tab tablets or you can get an iPad 7th Gen + apple pencil
>>
I just bought a tablet. What book should I grind so I can get a clue about how to use it?
>>
>>5831809
That's fucking perfect, exactly what I've been looking for. thank you so much anon
>>
>>5829707
White male asian female relationship. Typical Asian brand. The new paper feel pen tip looks good.
>>
>>5831813
I hope that helps! Brad Colbow usually reviews these things and seems pretty unbiased usually as well. Ignore the threads op and the schizo who hates anything other than Wacom

>>5831873
I wish they showed that pen for more than a split second. I'm really curious about the felt tip
>>
>>5831638
I'm the anon with too many tablets. If you're used to trad then I'd recommend you get a display tablet you like. I don't recommend going under 13". Make sure that if you go over 16" you find something with 2k-4k resolution. The most important thing is contrast ratio of 1000:1 or higher. If its under that it isnt worth buying. Any brand is good as long as specs, build quality, and drivers are decent.

If you want something cheaper and dont mind taking a few weeks to get used to something new, I recommend the intuos pro medium. The newer Xp Pen and Huions are good if you're on a budget but make sure they are newer models and around the same size as the intuos.
>>
>>5831932
How are the cintiqs used? My budget is right around 500 bucks and the 22hd is right around that price on Ebay
>>5831930
Thanks for the recs anon! :)
>>
>>5831946
If you're looking at an older model like that, you might have issues with the screen not being as bright as it should be. But it shouldn't be an issue unless someone used it constantly for years, or if you intend to use it in a very bright room. Don't buy one at that price if it has deep scratches, severe light bleeding, something severely burnt into the screen, or if the case is coming apart at the seams. Make sure it has all the accessories (you can look up old unboxing reviews if you dont know what is supposed to come with it, dont worry about the driver CD though). Cintiqs are generally pretty sturdy and safe to buy used. You need to watch out for people who have abused their tablets, and bad sellers on ebay. Dont be afraid to ask the seller to send you video or pictures of the screen working or something before you buy it.

Oh and the 22hd that has shortcut keys on the side does not have touch controls. The 22 hd touch model without shortcut keys does. Idk if thats a factor for you but there you go. I'll warn you that at 22" the pixels are very visible when you're using it, so you will probably be zooming in and out to double check things like line work look okay. You also can't mount that model onto a VESA arm safely - the stand is really good though, so make sure it comes with the stand.
>>
Goblin anon here. With the Apple Pencil still busted I decided to break out the xp pen and give that a shot. This is all very weird feeling, not having a screen to draw on. How do I make this transition?
>>
>>5832142
it takes about 15 minutes to get used to
>>
>>5832179
So you’re saying I should give up?
>>
>>5832142
How do you operate mouse instead of swiping the screen on your phone? You get used to it. Took me less than a week. Maybe try drawing first with a mouse and after that try the tablet.
>>
>>5832187
YES
>>
>>5832197
Okay.
>>
>>5831352
It is very nice, I got the i7 chip version. My only complaints are the aforementioned screen protector wobble addition and that when charging or playing some relatively demanding games, it gets pretty hot.
>>
Any chance of cintiq 22 getting an upgrade like 16 did this year?
>>
>>5831352
My last Surface was a Pro 3, but I don't have much good to say about it. The N-trig pen/digitizer feels sluggish and jittery compared to Wacom or Apple. It also broke within the year and led to frequent ghost taps that made the device unusable. Its warranty replacement developed the exact same problem. Both devices got very hot, and the ghost taps got worse with heat. I tried relegating it to a streaming device and casting games to it, but it started chugging after about a minute. I've bought worse pieces of technology, but not many.

If you've got a $1000+ budget and want a good tablet specifically for drawing, just go with the iPad Pro, or better yet, get an old model on Ebay and use the rest to buy art books or models or something.
>>
>>5832142
>This is all very weird feeling, not having a screen to draw on. How do I make this transition?

It's like ice skating, first you hurt yourself then you get the hang of it.

Try doing the Peter Han's SICO lines with it.
>>
File: 1545071492692.jpg (42 KB, 445x639)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
HUION KAMVAS Pro 22. 386€ with some wierd 100€ coupon from amazon.

what I do?
>>
>>5832567
sounds good, but i dont know if you really are gonna use all that screen. If you used to draw in big canvas in other screen tablets, or in traditional, then should be fine, if not maybe you will find that you're not using a lot of the screen
>>
Just had my Wacom One pen nib go bad. I was super confused, I thought something had gotten on my screen somehow, or on the pen itself. Turns out it's just no good. Getting replacements soon, fortunately I don't think I scratched the screen. Worried me for a bit.
>>
>>5832595
>Wacom One pen nib go bad

It's supposed to have spare tips somewhere. Hidden under a kickstand or somehting.
>>
>>5832615
So there are, well, fortunately I felt it was an excuse to order some other things I needed, so now I have extra. Thanks much for pointing that out my man.
>>
>>5828406
shitty pen shitty low res screen
>>
>>5832252
Maybe. Who knows. It's due for a re-release like the 16 but that doesn't mean they'll do it right now.
>>
>>5829707
shit isn't available in my country yet and i need a new tablet, should i wait for this one or just go with the full hd kamvas 16 pro?
>>
File: Illustration7.jpg (164 KB, 1000x857)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
I'm not digging the blending tool in CSP. And advice? Are there plugins or something that can fix that?
>>
>>5832246
>>5832306
I went with the i5 version surface pro 8, as someone that has ever done digital art before it feels like magic. being able to use photoshop was a big reason i went with it over the ipood
>>
>>5833708
As the i7 person, I found that increasing stabilizer helped a lot with the screen protector wobble, so there's that if you ever get that issue. I avoided it at first since higher stabilizer made my previous tablet chug, but SP8 handles it a lot better.
>>
I got a Wacon One as my first drawing tablet and after spending one year on it I am liking it so far.
I know you people say Wacom is overpriced so I am looking for recommendations for a screen tablet with roughly the same price range, give or take a 100 USD.

what I am looking for
>has a screen
>preferably not second hand
>not chink shit, korean is fine

thanks in advance.
>>
Is screenless better than screened screenless seems like it’s just the option for poor people does it have any real advantages
>>
File: 1545033644430.jpg (32 KB, 583x594)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>5834041
>Wacon
>>
File: ARGGGHGH.jpg (71 KB, 800x800)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
HURRY UP AND RELEASE THE TAB S8! WHAT'S THE HOLD UP SAMSUNG?

Phew, glad I got that off my chest.
>>
>>5828126

Remember that these aren't Huion tablets.
>>
>>5834036
I don't have a screen protector on it currently kek is it essential? The most frustrating thing I've noticed is that the magnet on the side for the stylus obscures the charger port with a stylus attached
What drawing app u using?
>>
>>5829707

Drawing experience so good they start hallucinating shit
>>
>>5834409
That isn't normal even for the older Xp-Pen tablets that it features.

Either malicious, or the user can't hold a pen for shit
>>
>>5834433
Yeah something doesn't quite sit right with me there, especially the pressure and straight line test. Easily faked
>>
>>5834518
I have both of those tablets and you can make the lines act like shit by blasting the fuck out of the pressure curve in the drivers. You could do it with any brand.
>>
>>5834572
Yeah it's gotta be sunken cost fallacy. Why are wacom so fucking expensive? Its literally a tv screen with touch screen capabilities.
Reminds me of AVID Pro Tools in the music production industry, only in the last 5 or 10 years has their stranglehold been broken and even then alot of people still see it as the industry standard/won't take you seriously without it
>>
>>5834410
I use CSP. The magnet is more for the charger itself I think, fact you can put a pen on it is optional. The protector isn't 100% necessary except for my own personal peace of mind but I will say, having drawn both with and without it on, I prefer the way drawing with it on feels.
>>
>>5834073
It's better in the sense that you can look straight ahead rather than down the whole time, so if you're worried about posture and don't need the portability, go screenless.
>>
>>5834572
>>5834581
I'm surprised he hasn't replied yet but there's mostly just one schizo who makes these threads and posts talking about how shitty they are. It's mainly just the one guy. A huion or XP pen will do 99% of what a Wacom can at a small portion of the cost.
>>
>>5834676
What even is the appeal of a wacom? Besides the name? could never justify spending the 3 grand for their top model, especially considering theres no CPU or GPU
Like, if their devices were standalone and ran windows it'd be a different story. But they're literally just HDMI display monitors with a touchscreen
>>
>>5828124
Funny to see that tablet, it's the exact model I have. Still works.
>>
>>5834145
curious to see if s8 ultra will catch on with popular artists.
15” screen size is crazy for a tablet
>>
>>5834917
>t. Liu Bei Zhao
>>
>>5834676
>A huion or XP pen will do 99% of what a Wacom can at a small portion of the cost.
The thing I miss is barrel rotation from Wacoms Art Pen. But its such a minor thing missing. You know the funny thing is that huions even have a faster report rate than wacom now, like what the fuck. I guess that happens when mosr of your tablet line is from 2018.

>>5834917
So, Wacoms feel very good to draw on. It used to be that drawing on a wacom felt almost like exactly the same as trad, and other tablet brands were these 512 pressure squeaky-ass laggy shitty things with a heavy battery powered stylus, sketchy drivers, and dollar store build quality. Wacom also used to have great customer service, and when you paid $300 for a graphics tablet it was sturdy and you were guaranteed top quality and good QA. They have let a lot slip but still charge the premium price.

>5835023
Like pottery.
>>
>>5828124
I found a tablet after falling into a snow-covered ditch. Maybe it was fate telling me to learn to draw. Says Bamboo Wacom on it and despite being scratched to shit and having a few dead-spots it does take over the mouse pointer so I guess it works enough.

What kind of drawing programs are recommended? Not sure if I want to buy any and would rather use a free trial or freeware alternative since I'm not sure if I'll actually stick with this.
>>
>>5835145
Photoshop
>>
>>5835115
Ah, thats a shame. Kinda surprised the market hasnt caught up with them
if samsung, apple or microsoft made a dedicated drawing tablet i bet theyd sell like gangbusters
>>
>>5834982
Imo 15 should've been the standard for a while now
>>
>>5835145
Krita is decent for a free program.
>>
I have a working gaomon pd1560 and xppen deco 01
i found the gaomon screen to have horrible colors and calibration didnt help in the slightest
assuming i manage to sell the gayman and xppen what kind of high end drawing tablet could i be looking at buying with rough $300 usd? a screen tablet would be nice but im expecting any low range screen table to have horrible colors, though if there is one please do recommend. a recomendation for a high end nondisplay tablet?

also btw never listening to sponsored youtubers again.
>>
>>5836055
Wacom Intuos Pro
Why don't you like the XP pen? Gaomon is garbage
>>
>>5836061
the xppen is actually alright, i really don't have any complaints for the tablet itself. the pen is kind of weak tho and there is a USB-C port that only fits if you use the XP-pen cable for it
xppen was nice enough to replace my deco after it broke free of charge and it arrived within 2 days for what its worth as well
>>
Bros is it true that using a screen tablet can lead to back and shoulder problems?
>>
>>5834433
I had a slightly similar problem.
It happened because my pc was half broken (videocard was semi alive and no drivers worked. Basically no directx or any 3D things, but youtube and browser perfectly worked, so...).
Tablet started to work fine after I installed new tablet drivers.

Both my tablet and drivers was like 4 years old.
>>
I’ve been using a xp pen deco 02. Should I KMS?
>>
>>5836055
Huion kamvas or wacom one are what id recommend for your budget.
>>
>>5835233
If you look at their reports for investors, they barely make any of their money from selling tablets anymore. It's literally 70-80% from selling wacom digitizers to samsung, apple, and e-ink devices.

If the S8 ultra is good, or if apple comes out with a similarly sized tablet, I imagine we'll see artists snapping them up like hotcakes. 15" is impractical for most people.
>>
>>5836183
Yes I heard it will also give you cancer and rape your sister, I'm glad I don't have money for it
>>
>>5836183
If you are only using it by holding it with both hands, then maybe? One of the benefits of a regular tablet is you can have it to the side out of your view as you look straight ahead at the monitor so you can have a more spread out or relaxed position, but you lose the portability.
>>
>>5836183
They make cases with a grip/handle on the back for this very reason
>>
I'm thinking of getting a display tablet, is the screen size of a 16 inch manageable with the UI (e.g. Photoshop) or is it too cluttered? Will the resolution of the canvas need to be scaled down so its not too big for the screen?
>>
>>5836942
I'm a beg so take it with a grain of salt, but I have no issues with photoshop on my tablet. There's a full-screen mode that hides the UI until you scroll to it
>>
>>5836942
I'm using a Samsung S7+ full time with CSP even at home even in front of my pc and while it is smaller than I would like it's manageable.

I feel like a 16" would be perfect when it's right in front of your face.
>>
>>5836183
my non display tablet is causing me back pain so I had to resort to an android tablet. lol
>>
>>5836568
>more chinese garbage
Lmfao, fuck off.
>>
surface pro 8 folks, what pen do i use is it the slim pen 2 that comes with the keyboard?
>>
>>5837594
Well the base model doesn't come with the keyboard, and it's like 280 bucks for the keyboard + pen so I went with the 99 dollar surface pen + a small wireless keyboard and mouse and it's just fine. Runs on a cute AAAA battery
>>
>>5834145
is the tab s7 worth it? and how does it compare against the ipad 9. both are worth $500, and either one would be used as only as art tablet and movie laptop, no games for now but open to it
>>
>>5837594
Slim is nice, I like the Renaisser more personally. There's a Uogic that's very similar but Ren is just a bit better imo.
>>5837609
Most everything I saw was like "the surface pros weren't worth it for art until the 8 came along" but I can only attest to how good the 8 is. People also say Apple's stuff is by default better for art. Always liked Windows more so I got the SP8 since I liked the screen size and shape and couldn't find any information on whether the Dell Inspiron 7000 17-inch was decent for art or not.
>>
thank you all one more before bedtime: krita vs clip studio paint pro
>>
>>5837655
I like CSP more but if you don't want to pay for anything then Krita is still a very capable program.
>>
anyone here tried drawing on android TV with a screenless usb tablet?
>>
>>5829707
fucking etched glass screen.
Can we just stop with this shit? it always fucks with the visuals on the screen.
I honestly don't know why it doesn't get brought up more.
>>
>>5837655
In my experience Krita runs faster on the PC.
>>
>>5829707
have a kamvas 13 pro and then switch to cintiq 16
does it still have the horrible calibration and parallax?
also love how every reviewver never mentions this
>>
How big does a screenless tablet have to be? Is 7.03x4.37 inch enough to start with or does art require a bit more? Looking at XP-Pen Deco ones.
>>
>>5838481
I would go bigger but that's probably not a bad size.
>>
Are there any 2in1 laptops that are actually good apart from the Samsung ones?
I know it's better to go ipad/galaxy tab but I'd much prefer a 2in1 device since work is paying for one and it has to be Windows
>>
Just got my XP-PEN Deco01 v2. It's my first drawing tablet.
A friend told me to have ''Force proportions'' on, I know that's a Wacom setting, but I have no idea how to do it on the XP-PEN driver. I saw someone here saying if you don't have FP on your circles will come off oval, and I noticed the first circles I drew were coming off very weird yesterday.
Can anyone help me?
>>
>>5840708
Is there an option to make the active tablet area the same ratio as your screen? I don't have an XP-PEN tablet but I assume it would be something like that in your settings.
>>
>>5840708
Xp pen has force proportions. Dont remember if its actually called that but just click around on the mapping page of your driver
>>
>>5838481
10*6" or bigger.
7" is considered small and it sucks ass.
>>
Kamvas 16 2.5k video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjDF-C4qLE
Is it just me or does the cursor seem constantly off by a few pixels, the thin to thick pressure cuts out in spots, and the lines when done diagonally are wobbly?
>>
Like a year ago I bought the cheapest wacom intuos tablet with a 7 inch screen and I've hardly used it, partly because it just feels too fucking small. Is there a generally accepted size for screenless tablets? Which brand is the best for screenless tablets?
>>
>>5841529
>Is there a generally accepted size for screenless tablets?
10 inches or more.

>Which brand is the best for screenless tablets?

Premium wacom (intuos 3/4/pro) > chinkshit > budget wacom (bamboo/intuos draw).
>>
>>5841529
>intuos
>with a 7 inch screen

what
>>
>>5841515
>the cursor seem constantly off by a few pixels

It's actually normal for any tablet. The actual cursor is very close to the physical tip and I count that as a win.
>the thin to thick pressure cuts out in spots

The tapering test actually looks great. Not only it's tapering on but off smoothly, the diagonal lines look like shit because he's a shitter with shaky hands.

This dude can barely hold a pen.
>>
>>5828406
I'm gonna get one, it's definitely better than the Artisul D10 I've been using for a couple years right? This shit hasn't had working pen buttons for 6 months and I'm pretty sure it doesn't get driver updates anymore.
>>
>>5841586
Wacom One is rather shitty.

It probably is same quality as an old Artisul but bigger
>>
>>5841599
well I guess I won't lose anything by making the change then
>>
>>5841584
I definitely wish he used a ruler for the line tests. I'm a noob when it comes to display tablets, so my perspective of them is uninformed.
>>
For good ergonomics when using a drawing tablet, does your draw arm's elbow need to be resting on something? I've been using a wacom tablet on a narrow desk and the force of my hand resting on the tablet has been torquing my wrist over time. I'd be interested to hear your setups regarding ergo.
>>
>>5841584
>It's actually normal for any tablet
not for any laminated ipad
>>
>>5841515
>Is it just me or does the cursor seem constantly off by a few pixels
on huion, dunno for xpen, the further you are from the centre the greater the offset is
my pro 13 is spot on in the centre and well over 5mm on the edges, even worse if you tilt the pen
>>
are huion screenless tablets shit for real?
do I need to drop $ for a wacom one?

I had thought that huion display were trash, but that the screenless ones were comparable to wacom

what's the industry standard screenless tablet?
>>
>>5841821
>what's the industry standard screenless tablet?
intuos pro
>>
>>5841815
It depends on the model. Some are better than others.

>>5841821
hs611 is the closest huion to wacom intuos right now
>>
>>5841758
If you have to ask, why not just try drawing while resting your elbow and see how it feels?
>>
>>5841919
Right now my desk is a plank of wood and it would take some work for me to setup another adjacent plank of wood to make my desk bigger and give me elbow space. Also asking to see if it's a common issue for people.
>>
>>5841946
I prefer arm support, even just putting a small pillow in my armpit helps.
>>
>>5841758
Have you ever seen those clamp-on wrist rests for desks? I have one and use it for my elbow. Works pretty well.
>>
File: 51uL99wl03L._AC_SL1200_.jpg (51 KB, 1162x1200)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>5842018
Wow, this is a good idea for a product. Never heard of it before.
>>
>>5828124

Intuos nigger here. I have the smallest tablet available and turns out I really like the extra space tradstuff supplies but want to keep improving on digital.

What size tablet do you fools recommend do you guys recommend to make tablet-drawing a more enjoyable experience? Also screenless or screened?
>>
File: nervous_frog.jpg (8 KB, 241x228)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>5829707
The way she spins the tablet
>>
File: scratches.png (752 KB, 822x615)
752 KB
752 KB PNG
Anyone know how I can fix the scratches on my Cintiq?
>>
>>5842855
Certified psychopath
>>
>>5842866
Get a new cover. Those scratches are on the cover and you're not a retard, right?
>>
>>5842939
I thought there was no cover. Guess I am retarded.
>>
File: 1619652885130.jpg (126 KB, 1484x613)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
Anyone using the Huion Kamvas 24 Plus QHD? I'm on the fence about getting this or waiting for better pen displays later on.
>>
>>5837609
I have had an S7+ for about a year now. It's fucking amazing and easily portable. Highly recommend. Only issue is colors are more vibrant so when transitioning to print, I'd do some color correction on Photoshop or something on the main PC, but not a huge issue since 95% of the time the original colors transition to print just fine.
>>
File: 1626342063600.jpg (29 KB, 480x360)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
The regular Cintiq 16 still a good choice these days? Will it need a screen protector to prevent scratches over time?
>>
Am I fucked? Should I buy a new tablet? It's completely clean with no visible scratches, I even removed the plastic cover to check if it wasn't a problem with that.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (109 KB, 1379x704)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
I have one, it works well. I think any display that uses the 3.0 pen will be decent since the pen performs well. There is some parallax despite lamination.
Brightness varies with viewing angle, you can see it on the right side of my photo. The shift along the top of the display is glare from a lamp.
You won't notice either problem unless you look for it.

The screen is 140%SRGB and has no built in calibration so by default the colors are basically fucked, but you might not notice or care.
IMO 24" QHD is basically the sweet spot for size, resolution, and cost.
>>
>>5843423
Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for whenever a sale happens.
>>
Should I get the galaxy tab s6 lite or the Ipad 9th gen? Not looking to replace my drawing tablet, just looking for something that I can take around with me.
>>
>>5843109
IMO it's not a good value.
It costs too much for something with an old pen.

If you need a screen tablet right now get the artist pro 16. If you can wait - wait for the better options to drop with the new pens.
>>
>>5843119
This.

I love my S7+ too.
>>
>>5843390
This stuff isn't my field but if I saw that with no context I would assume dpi is too low. Like someone was using a mouse and the sensitivity was too high.
>>
>>5834917
up till the last 7 or so years, wacom was the best display tablets, having lost the non display tablet to asian brands. the asian brands were abject garbage you put up with because wacom was too fucking expensive, but then they started getting good, good enough that wacom had to actually make their monitors not suck all the dicks in the world, but the asian brands just kept getting better and better, to the point its an honest toss up on who is better. ill give it to wacom with touch and barrel rotation, also I think size wise they are better too if you want a big monitor, but the asian brands have more or less taken the sub 2000$ market and made it the default.

wacom tries to counter with abject garbage at that price point but really, who the fuck would buy that.

tldr, till recently wacom was the only brand, and they will hold onto that for a while still before they are not the go to anymore.
>>
File: 1623409423916.gif (332 KB, 400x300)
332 KB
332 KB GIF
the cintiq 16 pen feels like actual trash
>>
>>5843660
The 24+ uses the 3.0 pen and only came out a few months ago. When are the new pens coming? Their newly announced unreleased models are still using 3.0.
>>
>>5828124
What programs can the Samsung tablets use?
>>
Is there really nothing better than CSP for the S7+? Why does this shit need a fucking subscription.
>>
>>5844540
Natively it can support all of the main digital drawing programs such as Clip Studio, Autodesk, Adobe Illustrator. You can install Windows on it, but you don't really want to.
>>
>>5844552
>Cant afford $2 a month
Poorfags keep seething
>>
File: 1641178562623.png (2 KB, 110x153)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
would Cintiq Pro 24 a good choice? a quick online search showed multiple issues with the screen backlight, especially their later models, but the 4k 99% aRGB sounds really nice
still rocking with a pth651 btw, 7 years and still going, fuck me
>>
>>5844540
CSP and Krita are great, but the latter is clearly not fully optimized for android so use a device for shortcuts since you can't do double-tap-Undo.
>>
>>5845217

You get a cintiq 24 pro if you are richfag and want the best of the best doesn't matter if you are starting out or a pro. If you are that retarded just finance it at 0% interest through amazon.

t.beg with a cintiq 24 pro.
>>
If you have a surface pro 8 and somehow got krita to recognize pressure sensitivity, I'd love to know your secret.
>>
People with larger tablets (android/ipads), how do they handle as actual tablets? It seemed a bit difficult to hold it in the show for actually using it in landscape while standing with both hands.
Only thing that's still making e tempted to get the smaller version because I need a laptop at college for other work
>>
>>5845946
>the best of the best
this is what I wanted to know
is it really THE best? There are threads about how they have terrible backlight bleed and broken pixels
or is that what the best has to offer these days when it comes to screen tablets?
>>
File: 1587225493939.jpg (139 KB, 636x530)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
>>5843390
What program is this? If this is SAI (which I suspect it is because of how the cursor looks) then this has been an issue for years and it's a problem with the tablet API. there's an option to fix this in SAI 2 by switching the API from wintab to windows.
>>
>got a display drawing tablet
>it has a screen protector with it
>already managed to scratch it
uh bros?
how to I use these things without killing them?
>>
This could be cool in the price performance category don't really like the shortcut buttons

https://www.huion.com/pen_display/KamvasPro/kamvas-pro-16-2k.html
>>
Anyone else here using the 12 2nd gen from Xp-Pen?
>>
>>5831612
Intuos uses Mini-USB iirc
>>
File: Gaomon pd156pro.png (1.06 MB, 1396x1084)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB PNG
Are express keys a crutch? Almost all my friends say they don't use them and all the latest display tablets are phasing them out for some reason. I'd use my keyboard for binds more often but it's on a slide-out rail below and is awkward to reach when it's slid under my desk. pic related is my tablet
>>
>be me
>go to DMV to renew loicense
>see weird tablets at the front desk
>They're 24 inch wacom HD display tablets
>a $2000 dollar display tablet (when it was new)
>being used for nothing more than a fucking signature
Our tax dollars hard at work
>>
>>5828124
marco bucci has been shilling ConceptD 7 Ezel for 2 video straight now and it is weird that the dedicated tablet reviewers didn't pick it up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvwUP5yjejs
>>
>>5846760
They don't really cost you anything by being there. I have a tabmate but will still put maybe 10% of my actions through the keyboard. Lets you mix up the movements you are doing and you can access more through the keyboard.

Bind the keys and just reach for whats comfortable at any given moment.
>>
>>5844470
>When are the new pens coming?

Xp Pen Artost Pro 16 has a new pen with the x3 chip and they recently announced that their screenless deco tablets are going to get it.
>>
>>5846822
Wacom used to deal in signature pads before they got big with tablets for consumers, maybe someone fucked up and ordered the wrong tablet from them.
>>
>>5847147
It's an expensive tablet PC thats always sold out quickly so its not surprising that they arent just giving them to youtubers. Why pay for the tablet pc when you can get more views from reviewing a large cintiq?
>>
>>5846822
Richest country in the world
>>
>>5846822
Nothing is too good for niggers anon, that's why america worships them.
>>
>>5847908
I think it has something to do with embezzlement, we've had issues in my county over the years with that and I think this is it exemplified.
>>5847917
It was weird to see desu, like WHY?????
>>5848068
The only people that worship Apes are regarded by the rest of the population as being a lost cause. It's a weird situation where the media controls the narrative yet nobody, not even blacks, believe it. It's like nazi Germany in 1944 over here
>>
>>5828124
>Avoid
>Huion
Idk about other brands but been using 1060 plus or pro whatever for 3-4 years. It's doing great actually esp for 50-60$ tablet. The only downside is chargable pen but i think now they're different.
>>
Should I? Wacom One 13 Creative
My country barely has any options for irl purchasing and paypal has me blocked from using it, so only display tablets I can get are this and cintiqs.
>>
>>5848171
Does your country have the $100 sale going on?
>>
>>5848198
Yes
>>
are drawing tablets better than ipads?
ipads have really good resell value
>>
>>5848370
Not substantially better. For the vast majority of artists an iPad Pro or Samsung S7+ is sufficient.
>>
>>5848332
I would get one then if your options are slim. $300 is the max they should charge for it anyway.
>>
why is an intuos 3 like 150 bucks on amazon but like 20 on ebay?
>>
>>5849440
New vs fucked
>>
>>5849440
Any listings that low is probably missing the pen or for parts only.
>>
Never drawn before but I want to doodle stuff. Thinking of getting a intuos pro small. Should that be ok?
>>
>>5849633
Yeah, but you should look at the listed active area size and cut out a piece of paper to that size and draw on it. See if it hurts your wrist or not. If it hurts then get a medium. If its fine then cool
>>
>>5849633
Honestly if you don't draw at all yet then I'd suggest practicing on paper for weeks or months first, or at least enough for you to know whether or not it's worth going all in.
>>
>>5828124
I want to learn to draw, is it the same to practice with pencil and paper or on a drawing tablet? Thank you.
>>
>>5851895
Is play Guitar Hero the same as playing a real guitar? There's your answer.
>>
>>5851895
Drawing on a screen tablet is close to traditional. Drawing on a screenless is not.
>>
>>5851990
Silly comparison, as a guitarist. Guitar hero is a video game controller in a different shape, drawing tablet is a drawing tablet
>>
>>5852012
>Drawing on a screen tablet is close to traditional.
Kek
>>
>>5852213
>Doesn't use a cintiq
>>
File: ipad.jpg (262 KB, 1200x1342)
262 KB
262 KB JPG
>>5828124
do you guys think that an iPad Pro with light coming from the left side like this is worth 400 euros?

It's 2nd gen, 64gb and comes with apple pencil

I'm wondering if I should go for it. Is it a good deal?
>>
>>5852276
forgot to add, 12.9 inches
>>
>>5851895
Why would you draw on paper unless you want your mum to see your attempts at drawing westoid porn?
>>
>>5852283
>he keeps his drawings
Scan em and trash em anon. If you're like me and use a wood stove, you never leave behind physical evidence.
>>
>>5852276
Ew, no. That's fucking awful light bleed and it looks like it's from someone gorilla gripping it. Do what you want but I wouldn't buy it for that much.
>>
>>5852329
I see, thanks. Do you know any good places to find cheap ipads other than ebay?
>>
>>5852359
FB marketplace is where Ive found some nice tablets for cheap. Its where moms go to sell off their kids shit when they misbehave or get bad grades so they almost always underprice just from not knowing wtf these things really cost.

Swappa is a good place to do non-local buying, not so good for stuff like cintiqs but they have a shit ton of phones and tablets, surely you could find a good deal on an ipad there.
>>
>>5852575
Thank you
>>
how important is storage when it comes to making art with the ipad pro? The lowest version has 64gb and I don't know if I should rule that version out or if it is ok.

I don't know how big procreate files are bc I've never used it before, but if they are as big as PSDs tend to get, I guess I can see how having only 64gb could get annoying
>>
>>5848085
OP has a huge bias against chinese tablets based on tech from 3+ years ago. it's best to just ignore him. ESPECIALLY when he
starts talking about paid shills.
>>
>>5853413
You are a paid shill though.

Chinese tablets are, and always will be objectively worse than what professionals use.
>>
>>5852710
Some of my moderate CSP files are like 100 megs with nothing drawn on them.
>>
i just got an xp pen 22r pro and it has such a bad parallax ,pen is always offset ,calibration should not even be called calibration , most garbage thing ive ever used. I love it
>>
>>5853906
Can you return it at least?
>>
File: aDz1byy.png (167 KB, 499x505)
167 KB
167 KB PNG
Lads I want to give digital another shot but I got literally 0 idea what to do.
Programs, brushes, it makes my little ape brain dizzy. Are there any good tutorials/ QRD on the easiest/ most comprehensive setup?
>>
>>5854387
I had a good answer but then saw you posted a normalfag f*male meme. Die!
>>
>>5852276
S7+ exists
Yeah it's somthing more than 400 But you're going to get it all new and it's gorgeous. The pen is included.
>>
File: FFEzDJTUcB8PXQG.jpg (224 KB, 1137x1500)
224 KB
224 KB JPG
>>5853741
>worse than what professionals use.
Optional Typo uses Deco 01v2, prased it on twitter and he is the king of the game.
>>
>>5854483
>The pen is included.
But get a Staedtler instead because they are baller.
>>
>>5854528
I got one after i broke my pen and there's no difference.
>>
>>5854495
>prased it on twitter
I don't even know who that is, Chang, but "praised it on twitter" translates to "paid to praise it on twitter". Anyone with a functioning brain knows this, and you're embarrassingly stupid for trying to shill with that tactic.
>>
>>5854536
The S Pen's tip gets too loose after repeated use over only a couple weeks in my experience, that's why I like Staedtler better. Also the shape of both Staedtlers is nice too, more comfortable to hold imo.
>>
>>5854593
>I don't even know who that is, Chang,
Ofcourse you wouldn't.
You're a deranged fulltime basement dwelling /g/ autist who dedicated his entire life to trying to control a thread on a dead board. And you don't even get paid for it.

>>5854703
I had the exact opposite experience.
For me the s-pen that came with the tablet was stiff as a brick until it broken in with some use and became normal.

When I got a staedtler pencil brand new it felt exactly like an s-peen that was used for over a year.
>>
>>5854416
:(
>>
>get a Huion GT 191 Kamvas Pro a few years ago
>constantly have issues with it suddenly not recognizing itself and won't recognize itself as a tablet
Was literally working fine yesterday until halfway through my drawing session it decided not to.
>>
>>5854858
Nevermind, it was once again the new drivers being shit
>>
>>5854858
I would suspect the usb connector. The older micro-usb are basically on borrowed time until they self destruct. Especially the chinese.

Now that type-c exists never buy anything with a micro again.
>>
Does anyone use a game controller as a ghetto substitute for the Wacom remote?
>>
>>5854936
Dude the wacom remote is a ghetto substitute for a regular keyboard everybody has.
>>
I have an official screen protector for my XP-Pen 12 but it's one of those extremely matte "paper texture" types that's rough and just eats up the nibs which I fucking hate. I literally have a glass pane like this pic clipped over the drawing surface of the tablet since I like drawing on slippery smooth surfaces for that whiteboard feel and for barely wearing the nibs, however even the glass is getting all scratched up now.
Could I get a generic smooth tablet screen protector for drawing purposes, or would those just get easily scratched too? I've thought of getting a Cintiq screen protector and trimming it to fit my tablet, but these are all advertised as paper texture matte as well
>>
kamvas bros?
how often do you replace your screen protector? already scratched the shit out of this just after a week
I swear I don't press to hard
>>
>>5855144
>>5855380
You guys need to clean your screens every day before you use them. You are probably getting dust and shit stuck under your nibs and scratching the fuck out of your screen protector, or you are not changing the nibs when they wear down and become sharp.

Learn to take care of your tablets.
>>
File: file.png (104 KB, 1200x1200)
104 KB
104 KB PNG
Are the XP-Pen Star 03 V2 and Xp-pen Star G960s good for a begginer who wants to trace stuff to make assets for a videogame?
>>
>>5855144
I just use tempered glass, worked fine on my Tab S7. Only problem is it added massive pen jitter to SP8 but putting the stabilization up to 20 or 25 mitigates it 90% of the time.
>>
>>5855806
I don't know about the star series, they are supposed to be a refresh of the old series but literally nobody buys them.

The deco line is definitely good for anything.
>>
>>5855407
This.

Plastic itself literally can't scratch the glass, a speck of dust tho can get stuck into the nib and scratch the glass or cut deep groves into the plastic.

I'm currently using an s7+ for a year and a half. I keep and carry it in a case, make sure it and the pen are clean before use and my screen is still pristine like the day I bought it
>>
>>5855822
Yeah maybe I'll just grab some tempered glass for a random tablet. I've been doodling on Samsung tablets applied with tempered glass myself and they're exactly the kind of slippery surface that I like drawing on

>>5855407
That probably does contribute to the nib wear but I just find textured tablet surfaces unpleasant in general. From my very first Wacom in 2010 I've been taping plastic sheets over my tablets just because I hate the so-called paper feel
>>
>>5855806
Star V2 is good, the other one you mentioned is old af
>>
I got a drawing tablet (no screen) a while ago. I work great on paper and pencil, but my digital art still looks like shit after 3 months. Are screen tablets really better?
>>
>>5828124
This might be a stupid idea but I wonder if I could use a tablet as a smartphone as well, since I've wanted to get a tablet for drawing and I need a new smartphone, does anyone here do something like that? Maybe some earbuds with mic integrated would allow you to take calls without having to pull out the entire tablet?
>>
>>5857328
Yeah you can
>>
I have a budget of $40 and I want to try getting into digital drawing but just casual for now. Is there a tablet I can get?
>>
>>5855407
>You guys need to clean your screens every day before you use them. You are probably getting dust and shit stuck under your nibs and scratching the fuck out of your screen protector, or you are not changing the nibs when they wear down and become sharp.
>Learn to take care of your tablets.

yeah mine cintiq is over 5 years i think its dirty and very scratched i see rainbow on it.

Next one i buy i will clean a lot, for this one too late.
>>
>>5857328
Yes you just need to get the tablet model that works with your mobile carrier and not a wifi only version and you can use it as a phone.

>>5857673
Try wacom intuos, xp pen deco L, or huion 1060

>>5857685
Yeah man that's a shame, at least you'll be careful with the next one and it will last longer.
>>
File: EwYJxJYVoAEAeEC.jpg (394 KB, 1536x2048)
394 KB
394 KB JPG
Hello~ I'm new into the market and need some directions please >What standalone tablets are recommended?
>>
File: 1608675000035.jpg (518 KB, 2048x1671)
518 KB
518 KB JPG
I accidently cracked a huge crack in my Wacom Cintiq 22hd. Passed out at my computer because insomnia, woke up suddenly, got startled and in my confusion my head somehow collided with my wacom.

Somehow I wasn't hurt but hours later I noticed a giant circular crack in my screen. I got this thing 5 years ago and they don't even make this model anymore. I feel like shit now.
>>
>>5858023
its okay anon, accidents happen sometimes. Dont feel bad.
>>
How's a regular Intuos M for a beginner like myself? They're on heavy discount here in Canada and I'm not really interested in the Wacom One because of the bad screen tech (and size).
>>
File: Ikazuchi.png (386 KB, 767x936)
386 KB
386 KB PNG
>>5855407
>>5855844
at this point should I invest in an industrial / medical grade air purifier next to my station? You literally can't 100% clean the drawing surface, there will be specks of fine dust, no matter how you clean, under normal circumstances.
Before you ask, no, I don't live in cold climate, it's very sunny, no snow.
>>5858140
>How's a regular Intuos M for a beginner like myself?
been using the old IntuosM model for a good 7 years, it still works, if you are wondering about its reliability (at least for this old PTH-651 model) and I'm drawing things like picrel with it, you just need to get used to it at first.
Having a stand to raise the tablet at an angle also helps, ergonomy is important, it's no good if your wrist is strained after 15 minutes of drawing.
>>
>>5858226
thanks!
>Having a stand to raise the tablet at an angle also helps
i was thinking on getting one of those popular parblo stands, if im not using them i can always put a book in there as well
>>
File: 1641791511586.jpg (30 KB, 474x474)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
I've been practicing on paper for about a month. Would the inferior specs of Intuos 3 (vs newer models) be alright if for learning/practicing if I'm gonna be in that stage for quite a while? Long term plan is to upgrade but should I buy used on ebay for now?
>>
>>5858028
>its okay anon, accidents happen sometimes. Dont feel bad.

Thanks anon, I bought a new one but now was a bad time financially. Fortuantely the new version is cheaper (albiet slightly) and they have a 2 year payment plan so it's only gonna cost me 90 bucks a month for the next 24 months.

Still this borked one got me 5 good years so I guess it isn't too bad.
>>
new
>>5858344
>>5858344
>>5858344

>>5858344
>>5858344
>>5858344

>>5858344
>>5858344
>>5858344
>>
Is there any cracked version of a Clip Studio Paint apk? I found one on apkjett but any website-verifying website has one or no reviews about it so I'm hesitant to grab that version. I don't even want to pirate it, I have a subscription but the necessity for online in order to verify the license is pissing me off. Yes I could leave it on with the app open but that's an annoying bandaid solution. It's not a huge deal but any help would be appreciated.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.