[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1655665688020.jpg (424 KB, 1440x900)
424 KB
424 KB JPG
Anybody use Krita? It's better than even the commercial options.
>>
>>6118221
>trannime
Opinion discarded
>>
>>6118221
>lacks vector editing tools for lineart
As a screenless tablet user, no thanks
>>
>>6118234
They're working on it for this year I believe.
>>
>>6118221
yes it's surprisingly excellent
>>
Yes. I have an ocasional bug every once in a while but nothing restarting the software didn't solve. Pretty solid stuff
>>
>>6118221
Krita is shit. Stop using this place to market your software.

CSP works very well and can be obtained for not too much money. Even pirating CSP is more preferable to using Krita.

Prerequisite to using CSP is being able to download a program.
Prerequisites to using krita is being able to code in python.
>>
>>6118296
I use GNU+Linux, though, can't run CSP there :^)
>>
>>6118359
You can if you try hard enough
>>
>>6118359
Not my problem
>>
>>6118361
Maybe, but I prefer a native experience wherever possible, and Krita has given me no issues as of yet.
>>
>>6118365
Have they fixed their gmic plugins?
>>
>>6118296
I've been using Krita from time to time and I don't get it - why do you need to be able to code in python? So far I really haven't experienced anything that required me to have any technical knowledge outside of art software itself.
>>
https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=__open__&content=krita&limit=0&no_redirect=1&order=priority%2Cbug_severity&product=krita&query_format=specific

I'm good
>>
>>6118221
very good, the only shitty opinions could be from people that have a really, really old computer, like me, in wich case big brushes can be laggy, but, you just need to adjust some things in the configuration, and feels smooth to draw.
Honestly i would draw on it but i need a way to make the blend tools similar to Sai.
The brushes are really comfy also especially the traditional ones like pencils, ink brushes are good too.
And you can animate short things better than photoshop and more easy than clp (that shit is confusing as fuck, krita interface is just like the common adobe flash timeline, easy and comfy to use)
also you dont need external programs like adobe to preview the works in your folders.
>>
>>6118221
Is there a new release, is even worth it shilling it when no one here will ever donate anything to any project
>>
>>6118372
All software has bugs, CSP et al. just aren't as forthcoming about theirs because they're proprietary.
>>
>>6118386
i mean better than csp, in krita the animation interface is simple and quick, you can easily make short animations like nothing.
I never tried but the brush engine is big as fuck so you should be able to make any brush you want there.
>>
>>6118221
Not using your foss software permabeg.
>>
>>6118391
Haven't had a CSP crash in 4-5 years, Krita on the other hand would crash once a month or two, I'm not going back so count me out
>>
>>6118368
krita is very easy to do animations, but some things bother me
why is so hard to change the pencil size ?
why pressure doesn't work in half of pens ?
why is every useful thing behind an command and not in any menu?
why is hard to flip and rotate the canvas?
why that user interface sucks so much ?
even Gimp is easy to use and learn
>>
File: 9rz.png (468 KB, 1000x1000)
468 KB
468 KB PNG
I like it but I mostly only use hard round and very basic layer options
might try CSP next sale but don't really think I need any more advanced tools for my current skill level yet
>>
>>6118221
I only recently started dabbling in it.
I use Linux primarily, so I have more experience with MyPaint and GIMP. Krita has GPU acceleration, so I figured it would be useful for doing larger, more elaborate images.
I've also stumbled on to AzPainter, but that seems to be an even more lightweight option than even MyPaint.
>>
>>6118229
based
>>
>>6118221
It has way too much deviant and unusual design choices. Like, I feel like it deliberately goes out of its way over and over to reinvent the wheel
>>
>>6118221
Piotr Jablonski is using it, so there must be something good about it.
>>
yeh it's very nice on my potato
>>
>>6118221
I'm using it. It pretty much has everything I'll ever need
>>
>Craig Mullins uses it
>now everyone does
>>
>>6118221
krita is amazing for starting off
used it a lot before switching to csp
>>
>>6118688
except csp has shitty brush engine while krita has a amazing one plus all and any feature you could ever need to make art, only thing i can think of that csp has that krita doesnt is the 3D model thing which krita devs already said they are working on implementing in the future
saying krita is good to start then move to csp is dumb, they are both top tier software but with different strengths just cuz something is free does not mean it is bad, same for something paid not meaning good

PS, CSP, Krita the top 3 rn overall
>>
>>6118715
>krita devs working on 3D without first fixings the 700 reported bugs
and that is why krita is shit.
Totally braindead developers.
>>
>>6118221
this dudes videos convinced me to try Krita, and honestly i dont think id ever pay for any drawing software unless something really revolutionary appears, Krita feels great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU-oihg9y4g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7XBBnzCHcc
>>
>>6118723
assuming csp and photoshop dont also has annoying issues and they are companies as opposed to opensource crowdfunded krita baka, the absolute state of you no drawing crablets
>>
>>6118725
when will you guys fix the eraser?
>>
I've been using it for 6 months since i switched to linux, and i only have complains. So, if you are on windows stick to photshop.
>>
>>6118221
It was shit and it didn't support my geriatric intuos 1. When other software did finely, even fucking gimp
>>
>>6118221
krita works well, uses more ram than sai, but whatever
brushes are extremely customisable, good amount of tools
>>
>>6118229
based
>>
>>6118221
Disabling vsync in krita options when?
>>
>>6118221
Linuxfag here, suggest me an alternative to Krita then.
>>
>>6119525
Linuxbeggars cannot be choosers
>>
>>6118296
>market
it's free

>>6118435
>why is hard to flip and rotate the canvas?
H and shift+space is "hard"? give up art, you can't even operate a computer
>>
File: s.jpg (39 KB, 581x615)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>6119526
true lol
>>
>>6119525
My paint, and Gimp
>>
>>6119534
mypaint doesn't have undo and gimp can't into circles + it has terrible banding
>>
>>6118451
CSP is on sale right now for more 20 hour or so.
>>
>>6118221
I like how little it's input lag comparing to CSP (maybe even less than in SAI) and dislike it's looong consoled launch in the worst opensource traditions. But now I'm use AzPainter because I no need any than hard round until I get more skilled ans AD is launching in half of second. COmparing to CSP (I have license) Krita is more pleasant to draw and CSP is good as PS supplement for meme pictures editing (due to high input lad and awful tool panel organization). But if I prompted to choose only one program for drawing I choose SAI (I used it's demo and it's tool panel is best).
>>6118359
Are you tried AzPainter? Looks like it's Lin version is awesome and SAI clone (but Win version is an abandonware without even mask layers).
>>
>>6118221
Was using it when i was starting but then switched to ps/csp/sai and use whatever i want to use today
>>
>>6118296
Only reason to hate Python is that they didn't give a new name to Python-3 and all those manuals than you can google can't say what version they use before you read it and find that it's not for your version.
>>
>>6119574
you shouldn't need to code to use an art program.
>>
>>6119569
What input lag, are you using stabilization?
>>
>>6119525
VM with win10/macOS
>>
File: 9k=(17).jpg (44 KB, 718x470)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>6118435
>why is so
>why pressure doesn't
>behind an command
>why is hard
>why that user interface
Why should I trust your ability to learn such a simple program if you can't even learn English
>>
>>6118221
I do.
It works good enough, it's free without torrenting and friendlier than gimp.
Idk about tools because I'm using maybe 5 in total.
Brush, selection tool, transform, color sampler and mirror.
>>
>>6119540
>myPaint doesn't have undo
You don't need to press 'Ctrl-Z', just 'Z'.
MyPaint is surprisingly keyboard centric, so a lot of the hotkey and commands use one button.
>>
>>6119638
no, there is a very noticeable lag when drawing in CSP, it's like drawing in treacle, as if there's a permanent global stabilizer even when stabilizer is turned off. sometimes it feels good like when using a flow hrb, but when doing sketchy stuff with pencil brushes it's absolutely insufferable.
>>
>>6118234
Lrean to draw vectoriod
>>
I tried it for like a month, couldn’t get over the awful user interface even when I customized it to be similar to my old program. The textured brushes are nice, but it’s just not good if you also care about speed.
>>
>>6118221
Its good i genuinely find it less retarded then photoshop. i don't tend to use high end tools so some stuff missing doesn't bother me. Photoshop is an stb anyway the people who code and make it should be hanged.
>>
>>6120288
>he doesn't know
>>
>>6119758
>>6119534
MyPaint doesn't have selection and transform tools.
Even Windows Paint has those.
>>
>>6118221
Krita has so much potential but the ui holds it back. CSP's ui is better in almost every way

>"Eraser tool" that shares the same stabilizer settings as the brush tool. So doing lineart sucks
>No way to switch between multiple erasers or brushes with the same shortcut without fucking around with plugins
>Can't save and load multiple tool settings or presents. Can't save and load different fill tool or magic wand settings
>Can't set a shortcut to toggle open and close Dockers.
>Text tool is so bad you might as well use windows paint to edit text

It's like Krita is more than capable of producing professional art but it's ui makes everything take longer to do. Perhaps in a few more years all these issues with Krita will be solved

>>6119525
Paintstorm studio has native Linux support and it's only $19. Drawpile might work too
>>
>Can't save and load different fill tool or magic wand settings
This, I've used Krita for many years but the fill tool sucks major ass.
>>
>>6120323
I actually like that, but I'm not going to go and bash you for wanting that in a painting program. MyPaint's lack of certain features is more an appeal to a niche sort of user than anything else, and I just happened to fall in to that niche.
>>
>>6120423
Try the fill tool in the latest nightly. They improved it's ui a lot. Its just missing line art gap detection.
>>
>>6118386
kritta handes large brushes better than anything I have besides maybe artrage but I have no idea how big a 500% brush is.
>>
>>6118735
whats to fix?
>>
>>6118724
csp is better for line art
artrage is good at apinting and loads fucking instantly
realistic art studio has hands down the best pencil
rebelle does water color simulation and id fucking great for oil
affinity is photoshop but 1 time payment

there are tons of reasons to use other things, but kritta has hit a point where it's worth using, it use to be linux only because even powerful pc's couldn't get that shit to run laglessly. that time period is where alot of hate for it comes from.
>>
File: IMG_20220619_193342_094.jpg (243 KB, 1235x1056)
243 KB
243 KB JPG
I just want to remove blue and fill in black for shadow and such.
Is this program free and can it do that without me taking ten hours (or more) to learn how to do that?
I've only been drawing for like 7 months, just learning along the way.
>>
>>6121011
Color to alpha filter in Krita. It makes any color you select like white transparent.
>>
>>6121005
see >>6120410
Eraser has been a problem for over 5 years now, never going to be fixed
>>
>>6121281
what I mean is I have no idea what the issue with the eraser is. I see 3 eracers, I just made some lines and shit, and I just erased... I do not understand the problem with it at all.
>>
>>6119638
No stab. Input lag is a brush algorithm issue as a drawing soft developers said, AzPainter, SAI and Krita has minimal (maybe Krita is the fastest), that's why I like them to draw and CSP for shopping only. But Krita has annoyingly looooong launch longer than CSP so I can't force myself to use Krita instead of AzPainter. Also freshly installed Krita hasn't nice SAI-like side panel for all brush settings but I believe it's an interface settings issue, not retarded devs' decision like in Alpaca.
>>
>>6118229
Explain?
>>
>>6118221
I'm not using Opensores
>>
>>6119758
Non-standard hotkeys for standard actions sucks, it's practiced by proprietary soft to make migrating from it harder but why this shit in opensource?
>>6118435
>why
Sometimes opensource works as "code what you like to code, not what makes your soft better". Krita is very nice although.
>>
>>6118229
based
>>
This software has a lot of problems but if they just fix the way the clipping mask work, and integrate the three brushes script to the software so people can have a normal eraser. I think more people would give it a chance. Is really not that bad.

Unfortunately, i don't think this is ever going to happen.
>>
>>6121639
is actually call *threeslots
>>
>>6118221
I used it back in like 2017 but it ran like shit on my gaymen PC so I went back to Photoshop CS2
>>
Isn't AzPainter only for creating "soulful" low-res oekaki type art, or is it good for general purpose too?
>>
>>6118221
Ever since they made the mascot into a furry I stopped using it, yeah it was a long time ago when GIMP was considered better than Krita to some
>>
>>6118296
>Stop using this place to market your software
Ironic because you're a clear CSP shill, pyw
>>
>>6121783
CSP is used by 99.999% of jp Illustrators and krita is used by nobody even though its free.
The reason is because krita devs have brain damage.
>>
Krita is the best free option, hands down
I obtained CSP a couple of days ago
I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to use it practically, the input customization is a little jank, but there are definitely some aspects of it that I really like
Still, the search for a "better tool" is almost always a meme so we'll see how it goes
>>
>>6121790
>krita is used by nobody
https://krita-artists.org/c/artwork/5/l/top
Better than everything youll ever make
your next cope?
>>
>>6121795
Anon, I'm not him, and I use Krita as my main tool, but please don't pretend that Krita is this super popular tool everybody uses, because everybody knows it isn't
It's the free option, but it's not the most popular option
Everybody knows you can make decent artwork in it because you can make decent artwork in fucking anything, but the criticism that it's relatively unused by professionals is a valid one
>>
>>6121795
The more skilled artists are the ones getting less views, ouch
>>
>>6121794
It seems like a good idea to use just for the community. Does anyone still use Sai?
>>
>>6121798
>don't pretend that Krita is this super popular tool everybody uses
Strawman, im arguing against him saying that "NOBODY uses Krita", not that everyone uses krita you dumb fuck. Not reading the rest of your dishonest post
>>
>>6121795
they would have gotten 10k likes if they made it in CSP instead.

oh BTW
Can you tell your lead developer to actually listen to suggestions instead of fellating himself on how many useless half-baked features he can shoehorn in.
Also fixing shit that many people are complaining about for years now will get you far more users using your software than trying to promote it on a dying board.
>>
>>6118296
>Prerequisites to using krita is being able to code in python.
Imagine not being able to deal with the abcs of programming
>>
>>6121834
pyw, every second wasted coooding is more potential skill lost
>>
>>6121809
>Interprets the phrase "Krita is used by nobody" in the most literal way possible
>Accuses others of intellectual dishonesty
Okay
>>
>>6118435
if i remember well, you can put hotkeys for the brush size just like any other program, so that's is not a real problem.
pressure is a option in the configuration engine.
the point of their menus is that you can put them in any part of the screen just like photoshop, and make a custom interface the way you like most, you can even save them and switch from one to another.
flip and rotate i really dont know, in the navitagor works like most of programs, and you have the quick menu with right clic, dont know if you cah make a shortcut for that.
>>
>>6121746
Windows abandoned version is for 1 if you not a super-pro, because there only 3.5 working brushes (and there is no "real pen" brush or any cute brush for linework) and no normal masking layer (only throughass). But it's ok if you want only simple tools and no need in real pen imitation for line. Linux version should be good 'cause author works on it.
>>
>>6118229
based
>>
>>6118221
For me, it's drawing with a pencil on paper.
>>
>>6121829
>make drawing in csp
>post it in krita-artists.org
>get more views
?
>>
>>6118435
>why is so hard to change the pencil size ?
It's not, learn to set up your work space and keyboard/stylus commands like a non-retard
>why pressure doesn't work in half of pens ?
Literally every brush preset can be customized and have pressure turned on for whatever features you want it to handle if it isn't by default. Not every brush is designed to be used with pressure or to use it in the same way
>why is every useful thing behind an command and not in any menu?
Name one. It sounds like you're just too dumb to find anything.
See my first point. With my set-up it's even easier to do than with pen and paper.
>why that user interface sucks so much ?
If the user is a fucking retard, don't blame the interface.
>>
>>6122244
>this is the official dev response to users finding krita shit to use
kek no wonder everyone just uses csp instead of dealing with autistic lowiq devs
>>
>>6122104
Oh neat. I got it for purpose one, but if it's good for general use even better
>>
>>6118229
based
>>
>>6121987
>i-i-i was just joking
holy cope
>99.99% of jp artists use CSP and nobody uses krita!
>thats not true
>uuhhh I WAS JOKING!!!!
>>
>>6122277
>everyone who disagrees with me is a dev
Lol ok retard. Cope as much as you want. I use Krita regularly and haven't had any issues in years.
I'm not saying it's perfect, but it's annoying when dumbasses blame the program for user-related issues. If you have any valid complaints, bring them up. The post I replied to had none, and it sounded like the ESL CSP shill making sure to let everyone know that CSP is on SALE NOW!

The nerve of accusing people of being devs and shills for fucking free program, but not caring when they do it for paid ones. kill yourself.
>>
Is there any actual pro who uses krita? I've been drawing for a long time and i have never seen a course that uses it, to tell you the truth i've seen procreate on more courses than csp too but, probably 90% of them are using photoshop.
>>
>>6122295
>>6122308
damage control

remember: CSP is on sale and just werks
>>
>>6122295
Inability to grasp hyperbole is a sign of autism, anon
>>
>>6122358
>i-it was a hyperbole
>>
Having console wars over drawing software doesn't make sense to me.
I use FOSS tools like Krita, Gimp and Synfig and enjoy them, I don't think it needs to be lorded over people who use proprietary tools. Likewise, I really don't care about people bragging about using Photoshop or CSP. At the end of the day, a tool is just a tool, and if it works for you that's great.
>>
>>6122277
CSP's default hotkeys are weird too.
>>
>>6122536
hotkeys being weird are the least of the problems with krita...
>>
>>6118221
I switched from Krita to CSP because Krita got worse for a period, have the issues been ironed out?
>>
>>6118221
I use it and I like it
>>
>>6121385
based on what?
>>
>>6121861
Programming is a part of basic computer literacy nowadays on the same level as being able to use word or excel.
>>
>>6123909
Yeah true, but imagine if you had to write an essay before being able to draw
>>
>>6121790
>CSP is used by 99.999% of jp Illustrators and krita is used by nobody even though its free.
Ignorant fools. It's absolutely worth it to engage in severe masochism for the rest of your life to save a one time payment of $25. Besides, those developers don't deserve to be paid!
>>
>>6121809
>Strawman, im arguing against him saying that "NOBODY uses Krita"
It should read that only nobodies like you use Krita.
>>
>>6122244
>If the user is a fucking retard, don't blame the interface.
Typical FOSS attitude. "No you're an idiot and our program can't be criticised"
>>
>>6122369
>I use FOSS tools like Krita, Gimp and Synfig and enjoy them
Yeah, because you don't have any real art skill
>>
>>6124088
>>6124091
>>6124068
>>6124068
kys faggot csp shill
>>
>>6118296
>Stop using this place to market your software
Autistic
>>
>>6118296
I use krita to render my artwork, the blending tools are better than in csp imo
>>
>>6124198
The advantage Krita has over CSP's blending tools is that you can do non destructive blending on multiple layers like PS. CSP needs to add that in a future update
>>
>>6118665
Rapoza has been recently mentioning it as well
https://twitter.com/DaveRapoza/status/1537184098417922048
>>
>blend tool
>use selection tool on spot I want to work on
>still grabs white color from outside of selection
Why
>>
File: smear.webm (745 KB, 1262x644)
745 KB
745 KB WEBM
>>6124702
Does disabling Smear Alpha give you what you want?
>>
>>6118296
I'm sure it's great but I've started to take advantage of an HDR workflow that most other image manipulation programs cannot handle.
>>
>>6124693
Yeah I noticed Craig mention it first then a few days later Dave was talking about it.
>>
>>6124716
The problem the other anon has is that the smudge brush samples from every color in the crosshairs, even if those colors fall outside of a selection. It may only APPLY the smudge to the area in the selection, but it still samples from outside.
There have been situations where I have used this to my advantage, but there are also times where I would want the sampling to be confined to just the area in question.
>>
>>6124786
not even photoshop?
>>
File: test.webm (2.38 MB, 1280x720)
2.38 MB
2.38 MB WEBM
>>6124962
I'm not sure how, or if, it works in Photoshop, since I don't have it. I imagine that Photoshop can deal with high bitdepth images, but I don't know if it can handle or save floating point images.
I find it difficult to come up with an adequate way of explaining how it all works in Krita, but essentially, you can use a floating point colorspace, in conjunction with the Exposure slider in the LUT management panel, to paint your picture in an HDR colorspace.
Now you COULD (maybe) do something like this in Photoshop, by adding a Levels/Curves filter layer and setting it so it stretches a small input range. I actually did something like that in Krita itself before I discovered the LUT management panel. But the power of this panel is that your color wheel stays the same relative to the exposure level. So let's say you want to paint a REALLY BRIGHT billboard. You drop down the exposure slider, paint as you normally would, then step back up, and you'll have a billboard that's much brighter than the rest of the image.
Combine that with realtime LUT transform rendering and I would wager it's a far more robust system than any editor, even if they can operate in high bit-depths.

But as I said, it's hard to explain in text. There is ONE video that might help visualize it, but I don't think it's the best example of what you can achieve with Krita, and I don't think it showcases LUTs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7AF302wdrM
>>
>>6125025
what type of art are you creating that you need that for
>>
File: Poompa.webm (2.68 MB, 1920x1080)
2.68 MB
2.68 MB WEBM
>>6125063
Art with good lighting, of course.
>>
>>6125066
>monero
you draw loli im pretty sure
>>
File: IAD-ACES.jpg (2.3 MB, 7680x4320)
2.3 MB
2.3 MB JPG
>>6125074
Nah, it's more other forms of degeneracy like virus girls and other shitposts.
But regardless of what I draw, or how well I draw the actual forms, I generally love playing with light, and I figured I might as well take advantage of the benefits digital has to offer for that.
>>
File: nope.jpg (22 KB, 449x370)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>6124716
not really
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5vXsIU5pv0
>>
ffs my krita fucking broke
i can't draw a fucking circle anymore, both mouse and tablet
restart didn't help, got any solution before i torrent photoshop?
>>
>>6127458
buy csp
>>
Did I miss the csp sale.
>>
>>6127458
Few things I'd suggest:
>Try checking if you enabled any smoothing in the brush tool options
>Try changing tablet drivers in Settings - Configure Krita - Tablet settings (doubt this is the problem if this is happening with mouse)
>Try rebooting your computer
>Try resetting settings: https://docs.krita.org/en/KritaFAQ.html?highlight=reset#resetting-krita-configuration
>>
>>6127597
1 i didn't
2 yeah same with mouse, every other program like basic paint work perfectly
3 done that twice
4 will check thanks

it all just started in the middle of my 3rd sketch, i did paste a new layer with screencaped reference, moved around and resized it, tried to sketch and that happened.

it happened 2-3 times before, last a month ago but restarting krita was always enough.
it's still here tho
>>
>>6127597
4 worked, thank you
i can draw dicks again
>>
>>6118221
My first digital Kiki. But I made it in procreate and not in krita…

Making the background and mech parts were kinda fun.
>>
How come even an open source program has a great brush engine while the "industry standard" from Adobe has nothing of the sort?

I swear I'll drop this abomination the second Krita can properly handle PSBs with 300 layers (don't even ask, yes I've seen this type of autism in the wild, no it's not mine)
>>
>>6124962
Photoshop is stuck in 2010 in this regard (and many others like color handling).
>>
>>6128365
Do you mean PSDs?
>>
>>6127458
Your computer is lagging seruous shit. Format it.
>>
>>6128318
>mech parts were kinda fun.
fight old tableguy! beat this coomer imposter and show him who's the horse and who's the king
>>
>>6129105
lel why do you even write shit like that if my problem was fixed by resetting krita settings 19h ago?
>>
File: 1656192783380.jpg (69 KB, 749x747)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
Its fine for sketches on my samsung tablet but why would i use it on pc instead of csp or ps?
>>
>>6129243
better brush engine than both csp and photoshop is my reason at least, but thats cuz i like to paint
if i mostly did line based art tho id go with csp
>>
File: 1655849764383.jpg (54 KB, 960x956)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
Anyone here can tell me how I can select, duplicate and mirror a part of my drawing in the same layer in this software ? Same for resizing the selection and all. These are simple stuff but Google surprisingly gives me everything but the solution for this and I can't find it on the UI.
>>
>>6129778
>select, duplicate and mirror a part of my drawing in the same layer in this software
1. Select what you want
2. Copy
3. Edit menu -> Paste into Active Layer
4. Layer menu -> Transform -> Mirror
>resizing the selection
Method 1:
1. Select what you want
2. Select menu -> Edit Selection
3. Edit it however you want
Method 2:
1. Select what you want
2. Right-click the selection -> Edit Selection
3. Edit it however you want
Method 3:
1. Select menu -> Show Global Selection Mask
2. Select what you want
3. Click Selection Mask in the layer box
4. Edit it however you want
You can add/use shortcuts for any of these commands
>>
>>6129903
Thanks man
>>
I start use Krita instead of CSP and noticed than large brushes moves with delay or lag. Is it feature or my hardware too weak (i5-9600 and GTX 1070)? Stabilizer off, vsync off.
>>
>>6130264
I think it's a thing with Windows. FOSS software like Krita and GIMP tend to work slower on Windows than on Linux. I'm using an Athlon x4 845 and a RX 460 on Linux, and I can easily use 100px+ brushes without any sort of slow down.
>>
>>6118435
Anon, you have terminal brain damage. Jesus Christ!
>why is so hard to change the pencil size ?
Use "[" and "]", or right-click to input the exact size in pixels
why pressure doesn't work in half of pens ?
Because some pens aren't supposed to have them. You can literally see >which ones do and which ones do not by merely looking at them. You can also see if pressure is applied to size and/or opacity.
>why is every useful thing behind an command and not in any menu?
I don't know which features you are talking about, but you can customize what goes where in which window according to your needs
Press "M" to mirror. Rotate pressing 4 and 6 for counter- and clockwise rotations, both on the alphanumerical and numerical keyboards. 5 to reset rotation.
>why that user interface sucks so much ?
Just customize it to your needs. You should do that on every software you are going to spend a decent amount on.
>t. cooder

>>6118296
>Prerequisites to using krita is being able to code in python.
I hope you are not implying that python is even remotely hard.
>>
>>6130264
try using opengl and checking if your brush’s precision setting is on auto or 1
>>
>>6118435
press shift, then pen left-right (or mouse left click + move left-right) decreases or increases the brush size
>>
>>6130924
Thanks, OpenGL fixed it.
>>
File: krita.jpg (29 KB, 1235x1056)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>6121011
It's easy once you learn the tools
>>
>>6118221
Krita, the incel's benis of drawing software™
>>
>>6118229
based
>>
>>6118221
>tried krita
>open 200MB .psd
>cashes

no, i don't use krita

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.