[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: download (1).jpg (12 KB, 229x220)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
How do you guys do your master studies? I really wanted to study some artists that i like, but don't know how
>>
>>6488636
Stare at the image until it soaks in. Then when you feel like you know every facet of the drawing, go draw some uwu anime tiddies
>>
>>6488636
I find an illustration by an artist I like or one of the great masters, spend a couple minutes studying its proportions and taking measurements, then try drawing it as accurate as possible from those observations + glancing at the image often, correcting as needed.
>>
>>6488636
u know u could always trace?
>>
>>6488639
I know that you can trace, but i heard that theres more than just tracing it.
>>
>>6488637
Hmm that should work,, probably. Thank you kind stranger
>>6488638
Observing the proportions seems like a bit slow, but i will try that too. I never got into proportions anyway so that'll force me to learn it.
>>
>>6488647
You don't need to go too crazy measuring, but it helps to find some landmarks, like the midpoint, or things that align, like maybe there's some elbow that's vertically aligned with a knee or something. It's nice to remember things like that so your result comes out more accurate.
>>
>>6488650
Ah i see, alright got it
>>
>>6488636
just try to copy it, do it enough, observe and copy their work enough and you'll pick things up

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.