[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 20240611_101504.jpg (3.87 MB, 4032x3024)
3.87 MB
3.87 MB JPG
>Hand to eye coordination is shit
>Never been good at hand writing
>Autism, ADHD, learning disability,
>Stimulants make me shake too much to do any fine motor skills
What do I do?
>>
Give up
>>
>>7196720
So, should I give up on literally any hobby ever? Then am I not interested in anything at all? Because this is what it's like for everything that I've ever tried doing even for non creative hobbies or just anything in general.
I have literally tried doing several artistic hobbies and gave up each of them immediately when I was a teenager.
>Gave up on Source Filmmaker
>Gave up on GameMaker
>Gave up on FireAlpaca
>Gave up on Photoshop
>Gave up on writing
I didn't know how any of them worked or what to do. I don't even know basic trig. Even when I look art guides, I literally cannot comprehend them or figure them out. I don't want to be stuck with no creativity or being unable to express myself. This is what it's like for literally everything I try doing. I'm not able to try and keep up with any hobby. Even writing, I do it sporadically and very rarely. Stop giving me this reductionist bullshit. There's only one logical conclusion with what you're presenting here, and I know even you don't believe that. So give me actual fucking advice.
>>
>>7196721
>So, should I give up on literally any hobby ever?
Your only hobby is making this thread.
Why is it no one here was able to give you good avice?
>>
Sneed
>>
stinky howie thread
anybody who replies after me is a cocksucking NIGGERFAGGOT
>>
>>7196723
Because none of the advice works when I physically can't draw well.
>>
>>7196728
If none of the advice works then why do you keep asking for advice if it will not work?
>>
>>7196729
stop replying to him and don't forget to sage
>>
>>7196729
Because I'm looking advice that does work?
>>
>>7196721
consider giving up on life too if all you care about is crying and making excuses about why you are a failure
the amount of time you spend making and posting in these threads you could be working towards your goals and trying to understand your faults, but you never do that because you give up whenever you don't understand something immediately
you don't understand what working is because your subhuman parents gave everything in a plater to your autistic ass
just die
>>
>>7196733
None of the advice has worked so far. What is the reason no one was able to give you working advice?
>>
>>7196735
I literally just said it here
>>
>>7196718
this board has like a list of threads on loop lmao
>>
>>7196737
So does the advice not work because of you or because of us?
>>
goddamn you stupid faggot, you need to fuck off and stop shitting up the board with this shit
>>
>>7196740
Because of you not giving me advice that helps me work around these issues.
>>
>>7196743
Why have we not been able to give you working advice in over a year? Is it because we lack the knowledge or because of malicious intent?
>>
>>7196744
Intentionally shitting up my threads looking for advice is pretty malicious, yes.
>>
>>7196746
Alright, you got it. We're all shitting up your threads and always have been. There never has been any advice for you and there never will be any advice for you from us. Asking for advice here will yield the same result as it has always yielded: No advice from us.
>>
>>7196747
Are you going to give advice or keep having a sperg fit?
>>
>>7196750
sorry I suffer from autism and adhd
>>
>>7196752
Are you going to give advice or keep having a sperg fit?
>>
>>7196750
No one here has given advice in over a year. It will not happen now. No matter how often you post your thread, you will not get advice from us. Asking again and again is simply denial of the fact you have not been given working advice in over a year.
>>
>>7196757
Tell me what the fuck to do then. A lower dosage of focalin, anti anxiety medication. My mind and my body locks up and prevents me from actually doing anything. Usually either out of anxiety or my mind and my body simply just locking up and telling me "What the fucks the point"? And just making me look back at my phone again or just stimming and staring at a wall.

Legitimately NOTHING has worked. I felt better for a week and then nothing. This has gone back all the way since I was a teenager too. I had thyroid problems that got fixed, but this never got any better.

I don't know how to get the motivation to do anything. Even when I do happen to try my hardest in doing something, it's always half as good or even just 2% as good as anybody else doing the same thing, because me being purely retarded and unable to learn or focus. Even when I try, nothing good happens. My entire body feels sore and I rest for the whole day. I've been working out for 2 years and lost 20 pounds as well.
>>
>>7196759
>Tell me what the fuck to do then.
We have not told you what to do and we never will. Asking again and again is denial of us having been shitting up your threads for over a year. We will continue to do so. You will never get advice here.
>>
>>7196761
Then why is the board for giving advice to artists and sharing artwork if you're not going to give me said advice?
>>
>>7196778
It's a conspiracy against you. Every thread you make will only lead to us shitting it up just as always.
>>
>>7196737
Improve your handwriting to build up confidence. It only takes a few months, and you'll have removed one reason not to try from your list. It's pretty easy to improve your handwriting, just get one of those workbooks and go through it.
>>
>>7196781
I literally just said it here
>>
>>7196782
>lol I will now pretend to be you and shit up your thread now that there's genuine advice being posted
>>
>>7196781
I've been doing hand writing for years and have never gotten better at it. But I'll try again, if you think it'll work. But for now, what's the first thing I should do when I try to draw?
>>
>>7196783
Does the posted advice work?
>>
>>7196721
Welp you can always game
>Gayming are now woke indoctrination garbage
Welp..You can actually kill yourself unironically
>>
>>7196796
*GAYMING IS NOW
Fuck you phone keyboard autocorrect.
ESl but not that obvious, mea culpa.
Fuck you Bill Gates
>>
If you really want something you will work for it.
>"No, YOU need to help me!"
No, we don't. It's your own fault / you being a genetic cul-de-sac.
>>
You have not improved and you have no motivation. And it is unlikely this will change. You are a bad investment. This is why you're not getting genuine advice.
>>
>>7196754
sorry I suffer from autism and adhd
>>
>>7196739
Nah people used to give him advice but it's been too much. He wasted too much time and goodwill of people that genuinely wanted to help him. Now all he gets is spite for being a lazy, spammer bastard
>>
>>7196718
Pick up another hobby. Reading, games, whatever. You wont make it in art
>>
>>7196838
So, should I give up on literally any hobby ever? Then am I not interested in anything at all? Because this is what it's like for everything that I've ever tried doing even for non creative hobbies or just anything in general.
I have literally tried doing several artistic hobbies and gave up each of them immediately when I was a teenager.
>Gave up on GameMaker
>Gave up on FireAlpaca
>Gave up on Photoshop
>Gave up on writing
I didn't know how any of them worked or what to do. I don't even know basic trig. Even when I look art guides, I literally cannot comprehend them or figure them out. I don't want to be stuck with no creativity or being unable to express myself. This is what it's like for literally everything I try doing. I'm not able to try and keep up with any hobby. Even writing, I do it sporadically and very rarely. Stop giving me this reductionist bullshit. There's only one logical conclusion with what you're presenting here, and I know even you don't believe that. So give me actual fucking advice.
>>
>>7196838
Yeah I've heard this a million times for every single hobby I've ever tried. I like the idea of doing anything besides sitting in my room, laying in bed, jerking off and going to sleep or looking at my phone and staring at a wall while barely being able to get out of bed. Am I seriously raising the bar too high? Is that what you're telling me?
That's not how ADHD works. If the dopamine isn't there, or there's no immediate consequence to not doing it, then I won't do it. And as for the reading, I don't understand it when it's not shown in a visual format, I can't visualize when it's in writing.
I have never been able to do a hobby that didn't give me instant dopamine or gratification, yes. I've been able to hyperfixate on writing for hours; but now I can't anymore. My ADHD always makes me finish things as quickly as possible, including writing. I can't be patient for anything. This is what it's like for everything that I've ever tried doing. Most of the time I can't even focus on anything, just pacing around and looking at my phone or staring at a wall, not even playing video games.
So what the fuck do I do?
>>
>>7196862
>So what the fuck do I do?
Make this thread for the rest of your life without ever drawing.
>>
>>7196863
Are you going to give actual advice?
>>
>>7196865
Never have, never will. You have a track record of not doing anything. You are a bad investment.
>>
>>7196718
https://monikazagrobelna.com/how-to-draw/
And make sure to post each and every one of your attempts here on /ic/ even if they are shit
Make /ic/ your personnal blog
Good luck ;)
>>
>>7196873
Here's the advice I've been given and why it won't work.
>Just draw
Can't because I don't have enough motivation or energy
>Set alarms
Can't because I don't have enough motivation or energy and I won't follow through
>Drawabox
Can't because I don't have enough motivation or energy. I can't get through reading two paragraphs, and not actually doing any of it. All of it looks incomprehensible to me and I can't figure it out.
>Lock your phone or delete certain apps.
Block YouTube?
Then I'll scroll on Twitter
Block Twitter?
Then I'll go on discord
Block discord?
Then I'll just sit and stare at a wall doing nothing.
There's nothing that will make me more motivated to actually draw and be productive.
>Do line exercises
This won't help when I have no idea what to draw.
>Grind Fundamentals
This won't help when I have no idea what to draw.
>Find a character you really like
Don't have one and haven't had a hyperfixation in years.
>Study the IC document
Incomprehensible to me and I stopped at the first drawing exercise
>Get a therapist
They're not doing anything.
>Switch meds
Switched to Vyvanse and focalin and I feel worse.
>Go somewhere else
I have nowhere to go

Any other advice?
>>
>>7196876
No. We've given you all the advice. Time to ask ChatGPT for other advice.
>>
>>7196878
I'm looking for art advice on an art board. Is this not the correct place I should be?
>>
>>7196882
We've given you all the advice there is. There is no other advice.
>>
>>7196876
>no motivation, nothing to draw, no interest in anything, would rather stare at the wall than draw
Bro you just hate drawing, gtfo and find something elseb
>>
>>7196876
>it won't work
>I don't have enough motivation or energy
>I won't follow through
Makes no sense to give you any advice.
>>
>>7196888
>>7196887
Already answered this response in these two posts.
>>7196862
>>7196841
Do I just not like anything then? This is what it's like for every single hobby I've ever tried. Is just anything too difficult? Give me actual advice instead of assuming you know more about me than I know myself.
>>
>>7196892
It's your job to draw, not ours. It's your life, not ours.
>>
>>7196894
So then give me advice on how to draw.
>>
>>7196895
No, because you are a bad investment. It's not on us to make you work.
>>
>>7196897
I'm looking for art advice on a board about art. Am I not in the correct place?
>>
>>7196905
It's the correct place for everyone except you because advice does not work for you. It's not our job to fix you.
>>
>>7196718
>practice
>slow is smooth, smooth is fast
>munch on crayons
>drink water
see you tomorrow baka
>>
>>7196876
>motivation comes after action, eat more meat if you lack energy baka
>skip to the homework then
>turn off your wifi and stare at a wall indefinitely then
>copy anime girls then
>then grind fundamentals until you figure out what you want to draw
>use the old hyper fixation then
>ok then do bargue
>punch a plushie
>switch back then
>then draw
>>
File: 1717982622894830.png (38 KB, 165x505)
38 KB
38 KB PNG
Why are you still posting in these threads /ic/? Don't you have something to draw?
Isn't here more to live than bumping these threads?
>>
>>7196939
It's just me and him posting here today. I have nothing else to do today. :)
>>
File: 1702433364296492.png (660 KB, 1216x3800)
660 KB
660 KB PNG
>>7196718
>>
>>7196939
Howie is my stress relief punching bag while I'm in the toilet at work

I already tried to help him and he wasted my advice and time, so all he gets from me is shitposting from now on
>>
What’s the point if you end up drawing like this anyway...
>>
>>
>>7196718
get your stimulant medication fine-tuned
i have to take adderall and i can avoid the shakes if i can get enough food in me in the mornings, i've even found my handwriting improving thru the day if i acclimate to the medicine properly
>>
Fucking retards this is his 5th or 6th thread asking here same shit
Even if he is genuine let him go, he won't and doesn't wanna learn.
Yeah faggot keep telling us how you gave up on these same fucking programs that you didn't touch for more than 5 mins
>>
>>7197129
>this is his 5th or 6th thread asking here same shit
50th or 60th actually
>>
>>7197129
>his 5th or 6th thread asking here same shit
You mean 50th or 60th*
>>
>>7196721
>>7196841
>should I give up on literally any hobby ever?
yes
>>
Just give up lol. Who told you that you had to be an artist?
>B-but muh ideas
So what, everyone has an idea. Ideas are worth like 0.25$. It doesn't matter and it probably sucks
>>
>>7197196
You are not being genuine. Give actual advice.
>>
>>7197356
>actual advice
off yourself, as by your own description of yourself you're effectively retarded and nothing will EVER work for you. but it will for me :)
>>
>>7197358
What do you get out of trolling?
>>
>>7197367
I am not trolling: kill. your. self. now.
>>
>>7196718
Como hinchas las bolas OPutito
>>
>>7197196
where are my $0.25 then faggot?
>>
>>7196785
Mindful practice will produce results while writing normally won't. If you don't actively practice then you can't be surprised when you don't improve for years and just maintain your current level of handwriting.
>>
Do like >>7195535 , drop art for computer science and read a Java tutorial or something.
>>
>>7197196
I want to make stories in a visual medium. All of the stories that I want to make would require a visual medium more than a literary one. It's impossible for me to actually write about any of the ideas I want to write about since they'd all fit something visual. I also want to draw things that I happen to be hyper fixating on. Robots, aliens, mecha, just anything. I've never been able to finish a full story, and even the idea of writing a full length story feels so daunting and exhausting. I'm not even looking for a realistic artstyle, more of a cartoony/comic book art style.
>>
>>7197109
>get your stimulant medication fine-tuned
I've already lowered the dosage twice to the point where I felt better, but I still get shakes no matter what. I don't know what else to do.
>>
>>7197129
I also went to a neurologist and tried 3 different medications for essential tremors, none of them worked, all of them made me feel shitty, and then on top of that, it ended off with them saying that I probably don't even have essential tremors because it doesn't look like it.
>>
>>7197994
Sounds like killing yourself is the only way.
>>
>>7197994
>tried 3 different medications
then you haven't exhausted your options, dipshit. you have to try all drugs at all possible doses before you can say "medications don't work for me"
>>
Bump
>>
>>7199189
you could be halfway decent at drawing if you spent all your effort practicing instead of typing on /ic/

I honestly respect your grind. You just direct it to the wrong places
>>
>>7196721
Sit down and draw some silly shit. Stuff that makes you laugh or smile. It doesn't have to be good. You don't need to show it to anyone. Just have fun.

If you can't enjoy the act of drawing at it's most basic level then yes, you should give up right now. I am being dead serious.
>>
>>7199223
>>7199223
Every single hobby ever feels like work for me. Stop trying to pull this gotcha of me supposedly not liking drawing when every fucking hobby is like this for me. If I don't know fundamentals, then I don't see the point when it will look like shit.
>>
>>7199341
you're hopeless
>>
>>7199341
There's more than three medications in the world. Try more. Clearly your brain chemistry is not in order.
>>
>>7199397
I also tried changing up my diet a little today and I found I can focus a bit better.
>>
>>7199430
Nice!
>>
>>7199341
>Every single hobby ever feels like work
>every fucking hobby is like this for me
Have you ever considered that being creative just isn't your thing because thats what all signs are pointing to

>If I don't know fundamentals, then I don't see the point when it will look like shit
Yeah man I don't think drawing is for you
>>
File: file.png (294 KB, 400x400)
294 KB
294 KB PNG
>>7199341
So do you enjoy drawing or not??? Have you ever drawn for yourself before? Drawing is work. Being creative is work. I'm asking do you ENJOY doing that work? Who cares if it ends up like shit? Who are you trying to impress? Are you trying to get a job at Riot or something? Everyone's shit at first. Every single one. You think the guy who drew this cares about what others think? You think Sami Ways knows anything about fundies? This man enjoys drawing. He feels joy from the simple process of putting pencil to paper. You need to stop comparing yourself to some made up standard that you think all artists "begin" at. So once again, do you enjoy drawing?
>>
>>7199524
>>7199497
Again, should I give up on literally any hobby ever? Then am I not interested in anything at all? Because this is what it's like for everything that I've ever tried doing even for non creative hobbies or just anything in general. I have also been writing obsessively for the past 12 years and gave up on that too.
>Gave up on GameMaker
>Gave up on FireAlpaca
>Gave up on Photoshop
>Gave up on writing
>>
>>7199576
>should I give up on literally any hobby ever?
yeah
>>
>>7199524
>>7199497
>>7199576
I'm not here to try and impress anyone. I'm not here to try and compare myself to other people. I'm here because I want to be able to do literally any hobby at all, which I've never been able to commit myself to.
>>
>>7199582
>which I've never been able to commit myself to
and you never will. you've tried your best, but you're a lost cause. best to just move on.
>>
>>7199583
>Move on
To do literally nothing?
>>
>>7199584
yeah
>>
>>7196718
>ctrl+f 3d
>no results
Do 3d you fucking idiot ingrate monkey
>>
>>7199584
not nothing. you obviously have no problem browsing 4chan, so you can continue to do so. you can live vicariously through the anons here, who can actually put pen to paper and make improvements. it's not ideal, but that's the best you can manage.
>>
File: Rubber-Duck-diagram.png (111 KB, 1100x891)
111 KB
111 KB PNG
Hey OP, do tutorial in this style work for you? Could you try following it and posting results?
>>
>>7196718
You just lack commitment. Just push through, keep learning and stop making the same fucking thread. Just dont give up, its literally that easy. Autism and ADHD are no excuse, 50% of artists are mentally ill. Also fucking relax man, its just art.
>>
>>7196718
I wish Howie would put as little effort into posting as he did with his 'drawing'
>>
>>7199582
But do you enjoy the process of drawing? It's a very simple yes or no question.
>>
>>7199576
>There's only one logical conclusion with what you're presenting here, and I know even you don't believe that.

I do believe it, buddy. I genuinely do. Have you tried other hobbies? Building plane models? Collecting stamps? Board games? There are lots of hobbies out there, I'm sure you'll find something that clicks.
>>
>>7199664
>>7199647
>>7199664
>i do believe it, buddy. I genuinely do. Have you tried other hobbies? Building plane models? Collecting stamps? Board games?
Yeah I've heard this a million times for every single hobby I've ever tried. I like the idea of doing anything besides sitting in my room, laying in bed, jerking off and going to sleep or looking at my phone and staring at a wall while barely being able to get out of bed. Am I seriously raising the bar too high? Is that what you're telling me? Was I writing and role-playing for 12 years because I "wasn't interested in any artistic hobby"?
>>
File: 1707572887394246.jpg (251 KB, 1122x1165)
251 KB
251 KB JPG
>Yeah I've heard this a million times for every single hobby I've ever tried. I like the idea of doing anything besides sitting in my room, laying in bed, jerking off and going to sleep or looking at my phone and staring at a wall while barely being able to get out of bed. Am I seriously raising the bar too high? Is that what you're telling me? Was I writing and role-playing for 12 years because I "wasn't interested in any artistic hobby"?
>>
>>7199741
So did you enjoy writing or role-playing all those years? If so, then there you go!
But also, do you enjoy drawing?
>>
>>7199647
>>7199820
>It's a very simple yes or no question.
I'm not OP, but it's not a simple question. Many hobbies have both unenjoyable and enjoyable parts to it and your experience may vary.

On an unrelated note: are you by any chance autistic just like OP? This kind of black and white mentality could be one of the symptoms.
>>
>>7199860
I'll admit that any creative work has it's ups and downs, but I refuse to believe there are artists who continue to draw that weren't getting SOMETHING out of it.
>>
Fuck. I am way too late to notice autismfag had made a new thread.
>>
Reminder to report these threads and hide them. Do not engage.
>>
>>7200017
Why not?
>>
>>7199592
Do this, Howie.
>>
>>7200017
I reported yours instead faggot
>>
If /ic/ was smart, they would repurpose this into a vent general thread where everyone releases their frustrations in tandem with ‘Howie’.
Unfortunately, /ic/ is stupid
This is now a Yellow Diamond thread. None of you will ever improve because art as a concept is already controlled by natural algorithms and racial mechanics. Your Identity as a person will determine your worth as an artist and that is immutable. If you are ugly and lonely, that is already 90% of your art score taken away.
Art is a chaotic, zero sum game full of twists, turns, confusion, but in the end it is just fated that better looking people by merit of good genetics will have more success. It is just. Like. Sex.
>>
>>7200506
shut up, schizo
you were banned for a reason
>>
>>7196718
Draw very lightly, carving your way into the white expanse with lots of little lines,only committing to a shape after building it with many strokes with darker marks. Then lightly erase what isn't wanted.
>>
>>7200036
It's easy to spot autismofag
>ADHD
>I have autism
>In his 20's
>Makes the same thread every week.
>>
>>7200520
ok, but that wasn't the question. Why shouldn't I engage with the autist in question?
>>
>>7200710

Because he has made over 60 threads over the past 10 months with the exact same shit. Are you seriously asking this?

>>7200239

False reports are a bannable offense nigger
>>
>>7200733
>Because he has made over 60 threads over the past 10 months with the exact same shit
Yeah, so? I don't give a fuck. If I feel like talking to him, I will and just because you personally don't like those threads isn't a reason for me not to. Most generals on this board have been posting the exact same shit for years, but you don't see me coming there and forbidding people from participating because I don't like them.
If "we've had this thread before" was a legitimate reason not participate in a thread, then all threads here would be completely dead. Think before you speak.
>>
>>7200733
>False reports are a bannable offense nigger
Have you read the rules? "Extremely low quality" is a legitimate reason for a report. Same with "racism outside of /b/", so maybe don't call others the n-word so brazenly :^)
>>
>>7196737
Excuses excuses. Use mediums that don't require accuracy, like digital art
>>
>>7199860
I enjoy doing things when I know what I'm doing. I have no idea what I'm doing when I'm drawing.
>>
>>7196721
Have you considered trying music composition, anon?
Just try fl studio, get a couple free vsts and make some stuff. study music you like, there’s a likely chance someone’s either transcribed a midi or piano arrangement on synthesis on YouTube, study how chords, bass lines and melodies are done from that. In about a year or 2 you’ll probably start producing stuff that still sounds tolerable in your ears after a week.
Fl studio is easy, and really if you want to legally buy it, it’s like 200 bucks, the only recommended plugin you should buy is the sound font player so you can use sound fonts.
Writing music is fun, and faster than illustrations, and you can be as twitchy as you like.
>>
Ask this guy here how he fixed his motor issues
It’s not actually poop in a pill, it’s like a powder in a pill
>>
>>7200902
Forgot the link lol
https://bsky.app/profile/ultimape.bsky.wovensoup.com
>>
>>7196721
Kys
>>
>>7200932
You don't really believe that.
>>
>>7200963
he might not but I certainly do
>>
>>7200965
So, should I give up on literally any hobby ever?
>>
>>7200971
No, you should copy and paste these replies for all eternities until you die of natural causes.
>>
>>7200971
this is going to be my only reply to you
You are clearly too retarded for any and every hobby out there, you're too stupid to read guides or watch tutorials on youtube, you're too dumb to comprehend basic instructions, you're only options are to either kys or stare at a wall for the rest of your life but I doubt you'd even manage to stare at a wall for longer than 30 seconds.
You are actually retarded, now stop shitting up this website you sad cunt.
I am hiding this thread now.
>>
>>7200986
I just wanted some advice on drawing.
>>
>>7201001
Wow, you truly have been mistreated by this board. All you wanted was advice.
>>
>>7201001
No, you want a magic solution to your problems that involves zero effort on your part. There's been lots of genuine advice given to you in these threads and you have intentionally ignored every single one. What advice is there to give to someone who won't listen?
>>
>>7201022
But I am listening! How can you say I'm not, that I'm ignoring it, if I'm replying to comments all the time?
>>
>>7201066
>How can you say I'm not
uhh, >>7199592
>>
>>7201069
I already replied to that tip in the previous thread
>>
>>7201078
by saying?
>>
>>7201083
Yes, by saying. How else was I supposed to communicate?
>>
>>7201093
So you expect us to read every previous thread you've been making for a year now every day?
Did you draw it or not?
>>
>>7201093
what'd you say specifically? you repeat yourself quite often, so you should have no problem doing so again.
>>
>>7201094
>>7201098
I asked him how was I supposed to follow that guide, because it makes completely no sense
>>
>>7201099
well, let's break it down. what's one specific aspect of the guide that you don't understand.
>>
>tfw can't draw complicated stuff in trad because my workflow is pretty much sculpting out the desired shape and this does work only in digital.
Been recently trying to copy a drawing in pencil and paper only to discover I can do it easily digitally.
I want to sketch outside, man.
>>
File: practice-1-5602.gif (282 KB, 600x300)
282 KB
282 KB GIF
>>7201104
>>
>>7197073
STOP REPLYING TO THIS SON OF A BITCH!
IC DESERVES TO HAVE MORE SOUL AND LESS CRABS AND FAGGOTS!
>>
File: 1668733912957445.png (713 KB, 1216x3800)
713 KB
713 KB PNG
>>7201099
>I asked him how was I supposed to follow that guide
How are you even real, man?
>>
>>7201107
Yeah, that's what I'm trying to do. It's simply more painful than digital.
>>
>>7201066
Because you have yet to do anything with it.
>>
>>7201206
Maybe in a few months or so. Until then I will continue to ask for genuine advice.
>>
>>7201207
>Until then I will continue to ask for genuine advice
oh: >>7201102
>>
>>7201104
Press lighter on the canvas + get a harder pencil and a good eraser
>>
>>7201210
It doesn't make any sense to me.
>>
>>7201219
give one specific example of the diagram and why it doesn't make sense
>>
>>7201102
>>7201223
I can't draw a good, even circle like this, I don't know how big it's supposed to be, I don't know what tools should I use for drawing this, my pencil doesn't erase clearly enough to make the end result happen and I don't know what to do about it, shape in step 3 is overly complicated complicated. It's just not a good "tutorial", it doesn't explain anything at all. I'm still looking for one that does. Moreover I don't understand how copying those shapes is gonna help me learn how to draw from imagination - I don't want to draw childrens cartoons like that.
>>
>I can't draw a good, even circle like this
Guess what: no one can. It doesn't have to be a perfect circle.
>I don't know how big it's supposed to be
That's what the dotted guidelines are for. If it helps, you can start by adding your own guidelines with a ruler.
>I don't know what tools should I use for drawing this
A pencil and eraser is all that's needed. The final step is optional, but you can use crayons or pencil crayons.
>my pencil doesn't erase clearly enough to make the end result happen
That's ok. This is just rudimentary practice. It does not have to be perfect.
>shape in step 3 is overly complicated complicated
It's ok if it's not perfect. Just try your best. Accuracy comes with practice.
>I don't want to draw childrens cartoons like that.
You have to start with the basics before you can move up to more advance subjects.
>>
File: 1716219503607954.jpg (3.09 MB, 4032x3024)
3.09 MB
3.09 MB JPG
>>7201225
>I can't draw a good, even circle like this
based on picrel, you can draw a good enough one. you start with imperfections and build upon them
>I don't know how big it's supposed to be
just start with a size, like you did in picrel, and base your other shapes off of that
>I don't know what tools should I use for drawing this
use whatever tools you used for picrel
>my pencil doesn't erase clearly enough to make the end result happen
your erasure doesn't have to be perfect, and you don't even need to erase
>shape in step 3 is overly complicated complicated
that's okay, just draw a couple of triangles as simplifications
>It's just not a good "tutorial", it doesn't explain anything at all
at your skill level, you're not in a position to declare what's good and what isn't
>I don't understand how copying those shapes is gonna help me learn how to draw from imagination
understanding comes from practice
>>
>>7196718
>>7196721
I have similar problems. Especially when it comes to consistency. My chronic back problems and my need to not work a manual labor job drives me though.

I don't know what advice to give you specifically because I still struggle with stuff. I think it's important to remember that any hobby is hard at first and overtime you get better after a period of grueling cringe.

Consistency is hard. Really hard for people with add like us. But even chipping away at something through 20 minute bursts through our the day is progress. I'll maybe spend 3 hours doing 3d modeling total but I'll do it in bursts through our the day. That maybe isn't optimal but it's better than nothing. Maybe try lower doses of ADD medication or I don't know if they have non stimulant medication. I can't take it either because I have graves disease. Its important to try and make the activity fun too, but also work in your fundamentals too. Balance it. You'll probably progress at a slower rate than others, but you can still make progress regardless. Shoot for at least 30 minutes at a time.

It's hard. People can't empathize with you because they don't have the same problems. I get it though. People are right you can't make excuses, if you have problems you almost have to work around yourself and your shortcomings. I try and make things as convenient as possible for myself so I can easily switch between stuff when my ADD kicks in.
>>
>>7201207
What will happen in a few months from now? What's stopping you from taking action this very moment? You're not going to make any progress until you take the first step.
>>
>>7201217
Yeah, that's the only way, yet it's still frustratingly slower. I think I might want to get stronger paper, it's easy to leave pressure marks on copy paper.
>>
Bump
>>
>>7202868
You keep wasting everyone's time and advices. No advice can help you if you are utterly unwilling to put in any effort and prefer to post on 4chan, doomscroll and masturbate to death instead. This is your 70th or something thread and have shown what I'd guess less than 30 accumulated minutes of drawing overall.
Live and die like the animal you are, consuming and enjoying easy dopamine, and stop bothering the humans that actually create
>>
>>7196718
>autism

most online/ twitter artist are extremely autistic. that's not an excuse
>>
>>7202892
So I should just give up entirely?
Why?
>>
>>7196721
you have depression. get off 4chan, get some exercise, and go see a therapist
>>
>>7203035
>So I should just give up entirely?
yeah
>Why?
you are hopeless
>>
>>7203035
You make everyone around you more miserable and you don't even try in the first place. You don't want to put in any effort, all of the burden is on the people you mooch advice and attention from, and it's quite literally easier and more rewarding to deal with animals and actual retards than you. You are even less capable than that, somehow.

Yeah feel free to call it "not real advice blah blah blah should I really give up blah blah". The truth is: You have already given up. No one here can fix that. Get professional help and stop being a complete eyesore.
>>
>>7203186
>>7203055
Are you going to give me actual advice?
>>
>>7203390
>Are you going to teach a fish how to climb a tree?
>>
>>7203390
Are you going to actually draw? Still waiting on >>7199592
>>
>>7203397
not to mention no response to >>7201227 or >>7201230
>>
>>7196718

I have a fine motor disability

me neither, teachers would make me stay inside writing the alphabet 100x during recess because they thought I wrote ugly on purpose but I had a neuro disability

>Autism, ADHD, learning disability

I have ADD anon, I get that its demoralizing sometimes

my hands are always trembling, cant tell how hard my muscles are contracting, spill stuff all the time.

this is what my drawing looks like. just draw a lot and try to have fun :) dont worry so much about drawing well
>>
>>7203390
Yes: Stop posting here. You make the world a worse place with your actions.
>>
>>7203447
That isn’t good advice Anon. I thought /ic/ was good for
Improving artists!
>>
>>7203486
>I thought /ic/ was good for
Improving artists!
assuming you're OP, you're not an artist and cannot be one no matter how hard you try. this is the best advice for an impotent.
>>
>>7203486
You stopping to post would improve a lot of other artists.
>>
>>7203429
You just fell for a troll
>>
Uhm guys? This thread is a troll/joke/bait thread. Impersonating that autistic guy is really easy and the original poster was never in this thread.
>>
>>7203429
I could jack off to that with a bit of effort and dedication
>>
>>7203429
I don't want to draw if the end result is complete shit
>>
>>7204439
There's no magical method to make good drawings without making shit drawings first.
>>
>>7204489
Give real advice. You are not even trying.
>>
>>7204537
>You are not even trying.
I give that back right to you.
>>
>try to do construction with the lines and stuff
>meh
>wing it by drawing circles and blobs and fixing on the go
>result is more pleasant
I just can't do anything by the book, do I?
>>
File: IMAG005 (1).jpg (75 KB, 800x600)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
Change mediums.

This is a screenshot of Second Life, an avatar based program that allows users to build stuff,and sell the things that are made to each other for eventual real money. I designed the characters, their costuming,but someone else made the room and furniture. But you can make sets,design characters, and make comics through doctoring screenshots.
>>
File: IMG_4185.jpg (172 KB, 1125x352)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
>>
>>7204439
You learn from trial and error, you pussy
>>
>>7204439
then don't draw, seems youre already there anyway
>>
>>7196733
The Abrahamic GOD could come down himself and give you the ULTIMATE advice, and you'd still complain, Howie.
Just make your hobby jacking off or shitposting like the rest of us. You've already got the second one down to a T.
>>
>>7196718
You might have a better time with pixel art, since it can be tile based it might not require as much fine motor movement. Some of your other replies make me wonder if you have other unrecognized issues as well. Your description of daily life has similarities with depression. Maybe OCD as well.
>>7203429
>me neither, teachers would make me stay inside writing the alphabet 100x during recess because they thought I wrote ugly on purpose but I had a neuro disability
I hate the educational system. Recess is not optional. You already force children to stay inside for 6 hours, taking away what few breaks they have is abusive.
>>
I'll be forever impressed with how insightful McQueen's character is. It's a pretty refreshing take to say that giving up on yourself is evil and should not grant you any sympathy, especially in the modern day and age. Definitely something i needed to hear.
Even if there are circumstances outside of your control affecting your life, it's still evil to refuse an earnest your responsibility of trying to live well. Depression isn't an excuse, neither is disability.

Glad Araki made this guy because he made me realize that i was being a huge faggot for years and years
>>
>people on this board still fall for this dumb nigger thread

You faggots need to lurk more and I’ve only been here a couple months
>>
File: 1658671821457505.jpg (43 KB, 480x479)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>wake up
>feels bad, man
>realize I'm not Howie
>feels good, man

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.