[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/int/ - International

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: finnish_bus_stop.png (151 KB, 555x333)
151 KB
151 KB PNG
What was the biggest culture shock you had while visiting another country or state/region?
>>
>>90875798
Every guy on the Beach in New Jersey and is from the state is fucking gay
>>
>>90875798
>pic
what is that?
why are they doing it?
>>
File: 1509651412001.png (685 KB, 853x445)
685 KB
685 KB PNG
>>90875798
white people stare at me
i dont know why
even niggers here dont have that kind of attention
do i look exotic or what?
here is my face
>>
Paris is full of black people.
>>
Lack of pedestrian streets in the US
>>
When I was in Vienna and people were drinking in public. It was my first time in Western Europe so I didn't realize it was common
>>
>>90875853
Waiting for the bus ofcourse?
>>
>>90875798
south brazil is really nice. i used to believe that only rio/sao paulo could be nice.
>>
People in the United States don’t say thank you a lot - I held open the door to a restaurant for a family of like 6 or 7 yanks and not one of them said thanks
>>
Went to study in Rome, first time I had the chance to interact with southern Italians, I was pretty shocked to see that they don't recycle anything at the canteen. They just throw everything in the trash
>>
>>90875980
probably because you look like a creep
>>
>>90875980
I don't hold the door for people, especially not if they're like 500m behind me like many Canadians like to do
>>
homeless young adults in the US
>>
>>90875980
I would have said thank you :(
>>
>>90875873
Your just ugly that’s all
>>
>>90876023
Not at all, just a lack of commo courtesy it seems
>>
>>90875798
montevideo(uruguay) actually looks more poor than buenos aires.
>>
File: 1512174713899.png (507 KB, 1070x601)
507 KB
507 KB PNG
>>90875798
a functioning society and actual humans
>>
LA near skidrow 5am (greyhound station)

gib me drugs plox multiplied by 19
mentally sick too
>>
my trip to greece
>shitbins in bathrooms
>stray animals in cities
>trash everywhere
>brown people everywhere
>people not giving a shit about speed limits in cities
>roaches inside buildings
yeah, i much prefer northern europe
>>
>>90875798
>get pulled over by cops
>step out to see what's going on
>get shot
>>
Being from the left side Northern Upper Rhine, Alsace really confused me when I visited a couple years ago.
Straßburg is extremely full of (sand)niggers, my nearby city of Mainz will probably only be this bad in 2030, not even Frankfurt-Westend is that extremely infested yet.
The countryside looks eerily similar to here with all the vineyards and general architectural style, but as if it was stuck in the 1970s (poorer quality of roads, unfurbished houses, still overhead power cables)
Seems France as a whole is really centralised as fuck in their culture, with cities being dominant (here people work in cities/industrial urban areas but live in the surrounding countryside mostly)
>>
>>90875934
>>90875798
Why do finns feel the need to stand 10 feet apart
In America we stand next to strangers and still don't socialize
>>
>>90875980
Literally a lie. People say thank you so much here it gets almost annoying.

t. Actually have a job
>>
Living in Southern Virginia it's a fair culture shock when I travel to anywhere outside of SoVA.

In SoVA, for the most part, everyone is extremely nice, and it's not uncommon to have conversations start with complete strangers. But outside of it everyone is always seemingly in a rush for something, and never give other people the time of day.

Probably sounds pretty small the way i'm putting it. But it's mainly because i'm bad at explaining.
>>
File: fpv0whf.jpg (708 KB, 2592x1456)
708 KB
708 KB JPG
>>90876476
Personal space
>>
>>90875996
I'm visiting Rome in November
is there anything worth noting besides recycling?
>>
File: IMG_5261.jpg (254 KB, 980x552)
254 KB
254 KB JPG
>>90876293
this is albanian roach in finland

greeks are pure
>>
>>90876793
Well it's Rome
It's still one of the most beautiful European cities
>>
>>90876085
No homeless young adults in Germany?
>>
>>90876944
Krauts refuse to report on it lmao.

>However, there are limits to the studies on the topic; reportedly, there are no statistics of homeless youth in Germany, and estimates range from 1,500 to 50,000.
>>
>>90876860
at least their food was delicious
>>
>>90876610
Obviously it’s just one instance, this was also in Southwestern Florida of all places so i’m not surprised
>>
>>90876757
Quite autistic
>>
>>90876925
I know, I'm really excited
I'm worried about not speaking any Italian though will that be a big issue?
>>
>>90876944
I don't know about Germany but here it's basically impossible to be homeless. It's their own choice. There's plenty of empty apartments in smaller towns and the government will pay the rent
>>
>>90875798
When I got out of Penn Station I just felt nauseous because of the architectural heights
>>
>>90875980
>People in the United States don’t say thank you a lot - I held open the door to a restaurant for a family of like 6 or 7 yanks and not one of them said thanks
This sounds like utter bullshit. We say thank you or thanks without even thinking about it.
>>
>>90877101
You're joking?
>>
>>90877031
>this was also in Southwestern Florida
Do people even live there? Isn't it just the Everglades?
>>
>>90877101
I'm surprised you didn't get nauseous inside Penn Station. It's the ugliest building in New York.
>>
>>90875980
impossible, we are a veryvery polite people as are your countrymen, we together are the most polite people in the world unquestionably
>>
UK: two taps
Netherlands: Toilets that catch your shit so you can look at before it goes down
Thailand: Extreme rich and extreme poor live side by side
Russia: Looks like Finland but everything is broken and uncared for
USA: Tipping is forced
Spain: Siensta is real
>>
>>90877054
It's better to at least know some of the most basic phrases
But in the main touristic areas (museums, restaurants and so on) people will speak English. Just don't expect random people on the street to speak in a perfect English
On the other side, people in general appreciate immensely foreigners trying to speak in their language, even in broken Italian
>>
>>90877235
I'm more surprised he didn't get nauseous from all the fucking Chinese tourists taking pictures in Penn Station
>>
File: shelter_2013.jpg (277 KB, 610x563)
277 KB
277 KB JPG
>>90875934
Is it all about personal space?
>>
>>90877210
Yeah, Cape Coral / Fort Myers area. Mostly a retirement community if anything
>>
>>90877387
Floridians aren't human
>>
>>90875798
1. Thailand. National anthem in park at 18.00, and how everybody stopped when it sounded.
2. Turkey. Azan - for me it sounded like signal of air-attack.
>>
>>90875798
>What was the biggest culture shock you had while visiting another country or state/region?

I'm going through it right now. By browsing neo-neo-4chan as an earlier user with a >99 IQ. It's culture shock day in and day out. Jealousy has produced a user base more antithetical to itself than that which will be found anywhere else. We have entire boards such as /int/ where some invisible hand has magically gathered the most un-4chan people on the Internet, and it's been like this for years now. It's jaw-dropping, to be honest.
>>
File: bussipysäkki.jpg (81 KB, 978x551)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>90877045
>He doesn't want room to breathe so he can think
>>
kids in France (taught english summer camp) all like and listen to arab rap

it's fucking disgusting
>>
>>90877000
>>90876944
Literally anyone here is entitled to a free apartment and a minimum neetbux of around €400. Those that are homeless choose to be so, either out of pride or because they can rake in more that way
>>
>>90877526
>t. /pol/ak
Back you go
>>
>>90876719
Do people in South Virginia get spied on more because they're very close to the Satanagon and the Brimstone House?
>>
>>90877633
would i get violently attacked if i were to stand closer? like not in contact but some cms
>>
>>90877633
Damn, I guess we are Southrons in comparison, when I rode the bus back in school, it was always a huge compressed semicircle forming around the door pushing in (and no it wasn't immigrant shitskins, when I went to Gymnasium we were >98% natives with the occasional Polak or terrone)
>>
Americans do not give a single fuck about the homeless people everywhere. There are streets and blocks in the middle of the city composed entirely of homeless tents

Pic related, from my trip to California.
>>
>>90875798
Greece suprised me with water outflow of shower in the middle of the bathroom, and no paddling or cabin, just a fucking handshower above a toilet.
>>
>>90877526
Time's up gramps! The kids are gonna take the lead and make this place as fun and creative as never before
>>
See >>90877778 what I mean? This just looks like gibberish to me. II mean just the layer upon layer of it. First you've got the cringeworthy jargon that will never be funny no matter how much you repeat it (whereas our memes got funnier every time) and then you have the substance of what he's saying and it makes zero, zero sense. It's as if I was in North Koasea and they're playing mind games on me right away.
>>
>>90878262
Glad that you aren't parachuted this time
>>
Spain.
It's fucking dirty.
Litter everywhere. First time I experienced bins for toilet paper smeared in shit.
I was always told that Western Europeans are better/more cultured/richer than us. It was a fucking lie.
Spain is literally a stinking gypsy shithole and spanish chicks all sport a unibrow and a 5'oclock shadow under their noses.
>>
File: NJvOWVd.jpg (253 KB, 1280x1100)
253 KB
253 KB JPG
>>90877045
They don't have enough Pakis/Indians to teach them how to queue
>>
>>90878351
Thanks, that was a close one.
>>
File: Lum.gif (513 KB, 500x375)
513 KB
513 KB GIF
>>90877849
probably not
it goes three ways
1. they move further away from you and look at you like you are some weird alien
2. they ask you if you need help or something
3. they give you an odd look before continuing to look out of their bus

also depends on where in Finland you'd do it
in the ""bigger"" cities you'd probably get away with it but in smaller towns you'd look like village idiot
>>
I only ever been to Canada and Australia. For me biggest shock was DRIVING ON THE OTHER SIDE (Australia). I had a heart attack every time because it look like cars are going the wrong way!!!

Another thing that surprise me was a big HUNTSMAN SPIDER. Harmless but it was my first night and it crawled out from the air conditioner WTF!

And the last thing was that beer was very expensive, oof. Lot of thing were expensive, avocados and soda too.
>>
>>90878583
i see
this is just for strangers, or also for people you know? what about those that you know but maybe exchanged a few words with and that was it?
>>
>>90875798
America: They never walk anywhere, they drink coffee very often, they give you a paper cup when you go to the movies so you can drink water, at college they had this water fountains everywhere (which was neat), they aren't afraid when they go outside, they can go outside in the middle of the night, there's a lot of 24-hours stores, when they greet each other they shake hands or sometimes they don't do anything.
>>
>>90878583
How do FInns reproduce themselves?
>>
>>90878746
Alcohol
>>
>>90875980
Where were you at? That's very common in the Pacific Northwest. They are really cold and aloof there. It's why they call it Seattle Freeze
>>
>>90878658
only for strangers and people you have know but not really talked to.
friends are people that you trust and are willing to let your "guard down" for
it's not to say that friends are all over each other but it's much more flexible but the personal space is much smaller with them
>>
File: chi.jpg (221 KB, 2000x1126)
221 KB
221 KB JPG
SHOCKING how short Mexicans are in the Yucatan. I am 6'1(185 cm) and my son is 6'4(195 cm), The locals were like children to us, Mexicans here in the states are no THAT short
>>
>>90879647
Something in American food
>>
>>90879265
How do fins reproduce lol?
>>
>>90879760
They really are small though, average male height was barely over 152cm, Females a few cm less
>>
>>90879265
I might be a finn
>>
>>90877982
>Americans do not give a single fuck about the homeless people everywhere. There are streets and blocks in the middle of the city composed entirely of homeless tents
>Pic related, from my trip to California.
Skid Row? Tent cities aren'tnt common in most of the u.s.
>>
>>90878746
Get drunk and overpower the nearest female
>>
>>90877159
No, I felt uncomfortable because of the sheer vertical Density, but later got used to it
>>
>>90877982
it's not all of america. cali has so many homeless it's not even funny.
>>
>>90875980
Actually, LITERALLY a lie. Americans will say thank you as you're raping them. It's just a part of our culture.
>>
>>90877982
Please portray this more honestly, skid row is not indicative of the country as a whole. While we certainly have some issue with homelessness and poverty, it is still quite uncommon to find this outside of a few major metropolitan areas. Also take into account the massive food bank donations that everyday Americans provide for our less fortunate citizens
>>
>>90880272
Why are north american fast food places always full of weird scary people like drug addicts and the mentally ill?
>>
>>90880513
Disagree. Maybe some are, but most of the times they aren't.
>>
>>90880513
They are most certainly not, the VAST majority of fast food patrons are in and out for a quick meal. Are we pretty fat = yes. Are we weird, scary, mentally ill and drug addled = No.
>>
>>90876293
>shitbins
yea true it sucks
>stray animals
what you gonna do fucking kill them all off wtf cold hearted iceman
>trash everywhere
yea true it sucks
>brown people everywhere
you probably came here in summer so its natural.. we get perfect tans and now how to use sunscreen
>roaches inside buildings
yea true it sucks, no one likes them but the climate makes it a heaven for the filthy bastards +the garbage everywhere
i would also prefer living in northern europe if not all people there where so socially incapable and had a bit of cheer in them
>>
>>90880553
Maybe i went to the wrong ones, but i visited NY, , LA, Calgary, Vancouver and a bunch of other towns in Canada and they were full of weird people. Literally every single one.

Except for a wendy's in NY
>>
>>90880665
>weird people
What do you mean by this? Americans and Canadians are terrificly normal people by and large and the odds of you having multiple strange run ins at fast food establishments just doesn't add up.
>>
File: 6f10d0ec.jpg (70 KB, 894x503)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>90877633
>>
>>90875798
>be in Malta
>Thet dont let people get in the bus if it is bearly full
>pissed of af had to wait for like an eon to get the next
>the next comes bearly full again the driver dosent let us in
>pissed of af again start shearing in italian hoping someone gets my frustration
>waited 40 minutes for a bus
even in greek standards that unacceptable
>>
>st petersburg
>no one speaks english
>even the young people
Don't they teach english at school or why is it?
>>
>>90878684
lol you don't have water fountains??
>>
>be 15-16
>st petersburg
>go to shop to buy energy drink
>they don't sell it to me
>leave to Finland in cruise ship
>the clerk offers to sell me beer
>>
>>90880944
no we don't, it's not part of our culture :D
>>
>>90880760
Well, the mentally ill, the homeless and junkies
>>
>>90880896
They're dwellers of cultural capital of Russia, why should they care to speak with inferior foreigner in his inferior language?
>>
>>90875980
bait
(you)
>>
>>90877054
dude just say bappere buppe quietly and they will think you are speaking italian but they will think they just can't hear you very well.
>>
>>90880232
homeless people like to go to (and get sent to) california
>>
>>90881212
Because Russia is irrelevant and needs to have bilingual people for trading or face destruction. Now tell me why Russian shopkeeper refuse to give Finnish teens energy drink
>>
File: 1528798055716.gif (1.03 MB, 400x286)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB GIF
I visited the US one time and everyone were loud as fuck and strangers talked to me when they heard my accent. It was weird and kinda creepy.
>>
>>90877235
>>90877271
fuck you negatively thinking smug faggots.
when i first went to nyc, i was fucking impressed with everything. normal people don't pay attention to petty shit you spergs are always fixated on.
>>
>>90881282
What question he asked to buy it? We have energy drinks with alcohol. Probably shopkeeper thought he want it.
>>
>>90875873
They smell your leftist cuckoldry.
>>
>>90877982
what do you do with them in mexico? behead them?
>>
>>90881282
In St. Petersburg you must be 18 to buy energy drink.
>>
>>90881286
We are talkative yes. Your accent probably interested them. Also people talk with strangers here.
>>
>>90881282
Are you that Somali who visits St. Petersburg? What are you doing there? Visiting other Barre clans?
>>
>>90881572
It really caught me off guard, whenever you're in public here you just ignore everyone else.
>>
>>90877982
My city looks like this. We do give a shit...what do you want us to do, shoot them? Of course we would rather them not be here.
>>90878684
>they drink coffee very often
We do. My family have coffee with every meal and even into the late evenings. 9 PM, they'll have coffee. It's more of a thing on the east coast and possibly midwest than anywhere else though, I don't think southerners do that.
>>90880272
Bullshit. Even my hometown of 30k people had a homeless problem, and it's not commiefornia. It's a massive issue. Most of them are drug addicts and/or mentally ill.
>>90880513
They spend a dollar on a cheap burger, they can stay in the air conditioning and have access to water and bathrooms for hours, and a table and chair. It's the hangout. Like how shitlibs go to coffee shops to hang out with their own kind.
Last time I was in a fast food joint I got harassed by a hobo for a dollar, refused, and the cunt followed me around making threats of violence, came across the cunt a few weeks later at a nearby intersection and he recognized me and threatened me some more.
>tfw city is no-carry
Fucking point of being burgerstani and can't even have a gun?
>>
Swedes are cold as fuck.
>>
>>90877080
>>90877733
That's unheard of here. Anyone suggesting it would invoke the wrath of grouchy neoliberals.
>>
>>90882261
Maybe there's too much diversity in the US, so people step away from such, sosialist or tribal, ideas.
>>
>>90881286
Probably that's the only time in their lives they're going to meet a Scandinavian and it's kindof interesting
>>
>>90878684
>they aren't afraid when they go outside, they can go outside in the middle of the night

south america must be horrific, i thought argentina was supposed to be one of the better countries there?
>>
>>90875873
white people stare at anything with a shade of brown
>>
>>90882683
Are you a European-American AKA white? Please explain the phenomenon to me, its motives and causes. From a first person / eyewitness perspective.
>>
>>90875873
They are afraid you will bomb their buildings
>>
>>90882147
> my hometown of 30k people had a homeless problem
yes, of course there are homeless here and there and that sucks, but to let a foreign national>>90877982 define the American experience by our homeless and or alleged indifference to them is completely disingenuous
>>
>>90881310
I mean I used to work there so it's kind of obvious I would focus on smaller details don't you think?
>>
Everyone being so nice at me. It felt like I didn't deserve it.
>>
Peruvians really eat pigeons
>>
>>90883020

I will never go back to San Francisco, the town is defined by its homeless now. It was shocking.
>>
>>90883188
Completely agree, but does the San Fran experience define America? Of course not
>>
>>90875798
An old Catalan woman went to kiss me as a greeting and I almost jerked my head back wondering what the fuck she was doing, but then I remembered what it was
>>
>>90883271
That's like saying Mexico is safe except in some brutal cities. Which, I mean, would technically be correct but it's appaling that it's happening anywhere at all.
>>
>>90882147
Really? You can't imagine ANY solution for homeless people other than shooting them?

Even in our shitass border towns that get deportees by the hundreds every day we have rudimentary shelters so they don't sleep on tents.
>>
>>90875798
How much tagging there is in germany and seeing a stereotypical german angry (tall with shorts, fanny pack, socks with sandals and glasses).
>>
File: file.png (223 KB, 500x311)
223 KB
223 KB PNG
>>90875798
I wouldnt say "culture shock" since I always knew Germans had a thing for poo, but these toilets really, REALLY fucking stuck with me

it's still one of the oddest things, trying to explain to people who haven't seen/experience it
>>
File: 1468142148528.png (132 KB, 227x331)
132 KB
132 KB PNG
>>90875934
what would happen if I slowly, very slowly started to get closer until touching shoulders?
>>
File: 1519836622539.jpg (20 KB, 540x540)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>90883553
>inspection of feces
>>
>>90883493
So nations with large populations and various distinct levels of wealth and prosperity like Mexico and the US should be defined by the locations that comprise a minimal overall percentage of their population and national identity?
>>
File: 0.jpg (14 KB, 480x360)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>90877733
>Those that are homeless choose to be so
we have those here, majority of them are hippies.
>>
>>90883564
Bafflement most likely, but if you are not intimidating you would at least get a smile, maybe even a joke.
>>
>>90883828
I was thinking pretending to look at my phone and slowly get near them until its too late and it would be awkward for them to move away, show them some american personal space.
>>
Daily reminder that American professional wrestlers Ric Flair, Scott Steiner and Chris Benoit performed in front of a combined audience of 330,000 over two days in Pyongyang, North Korea in 1995 with celebrated boxer Muhammad Ali in attendance.

The opponent of Ric Flair was Antonio Inoki, a Japanese wrestler who was secretly a Shi'ite Muslim at this time.
>>
>>90881286
how was it creepy? Did they ask you personal shit?
>>
>>90877733
>Literally anyone here is entitled to a free apartment and a minimum neetbux of around €400
proof?
>>
>>90883517
of course we have shelters, how stupid are you to fall for the memes? it's been said multiple times here that both in the us and other countries lots of homeless people prefer to be homeless and don't want to live in shelters, either because they make more money begging or they are mental.
>>
>>90883887
Take a friend with you so that you can corner the poor target from two sides. That way you can minimize the risk of them running away.
>>
>>90883083
exactly. giving that patronizing attitude to impressed tourists visting NYC for the first time is not fair.
>>
>>90884009
they stood too close to him probably. like maybe as close as 10 feet.
>>
The first time I left Australia I went to Hanoi and it was shockingly bad. It's insane how different other people live. Cramped, polluted, wires everywhere but the worst was the smell. The whole city reeked so bad and people didn't seem to care
>>
>>90884317
>people didn't seem to care
If you probably spend your whole life there you cared at some point but gave up or if you where born there it is just the norm.
>>
File: 1425790651781.jpg (44 KB, 282x341)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>90884228
im surprise no one has done this over there.
>>
France and their strict working hours. Went into a shop at a few minutes before closing and the clerks all ignored me.
>>
Bump
>>
>living in honolulu for a year
Fucking wild chickens just running around
>>
>>90884009
Strangers talking to you like without having something very specific in mind here is something that is normally done by either drunks or people with some mental health issue.
>>90882518
Yeah, i guess that's true.
>>
>>90884498
Why the fuck would you do that you rude cunt. God I hate last minute shoppers
>>
File: 1526804780609.jpg (21 KB, 568x740)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>90883553
>>
>>90876757
But they're all going to be packed together in the bus?
>>
>>90876793
it worth gonig but fuck me that city is a shithole. Literally Africa tier and I've been to Africa. Every single second you're there a manlet African/Pajeet/Arab/Shitalian will try and fleece money off you. There are hardly any parks its just concrete blocks in direct sun. It's over crowed. They don't have functioning rubbish collection.
>>
>>90882261
We have the same thing here, the government will pay up to approx $750 a month for an apartment, neetbux will range from $400-$1700 depending on health, but literally everyone who's in Norway legally are entitled to get the $400 with free rent.
>>
>>90877633
So this is what happens when majority of a population is autistic
>>
>>90885498
My old high school marine bio teacher lived as a beach bum out in Hawaii for several years, said he got all his food trapping chickens and stealing pineapples from the plantations.
>>
Belgian, Brussel: Failed multiculti, ugly city and smells

UK, London: Failed multiculti, nice restaurants, badmouthing Germans because they think you can't speak or understand english and rude sometimes.

Croatia: poor country but nice people, top food, nice nature.

Poland: Based, relaxed fun people, many girls are golddigger thots though.

Turkiye: Actual many nice and friendly white turkish people, nice nature. Helpful and friendly. Not like many brown Turks here.

Japan: stereotypes are real.
>>
>>90885855
Didn't you correct the Britons and tell them you are Greek? That island has a history of philhellenism, they would've appreciated it.
>>
>>90885896
What? It's my first post here pal. I'm native German.
>>
>>90885896
>>90885922
Oh, it's a bit early so now I get your post.
Nah man, I just look like a typical German, blue eyes and all that. Wouldn't have worked desu
>>
>>90875798
I knew paris was a fucking shithole, but i didn’t believe just HOW much a shithole it is
>>
>Estonia
Some people actually speak Finnish and give service in Finnish
>Germany (Frankfurt)
Everything was gray and brown. I expected to have some more colors other than green from an Irish pub
>USA
People randonly talked to me. Also afro-americans with their bootlegged movies and mixtapes
>China
I was able to breath their air
>>
>>90876757
Why they don’t like to socialize?
>>
>>90885940
ah so you are a volgan german?
>>
>>90885955
I forgot these two
>Italy and France
People drink during work hours and seem to go to bars/restaurants during lunchtime
>>
>>90885955
I remember passing through frankfurt, pretty much one giant business city, plenty of those in the usa so nothing stood out much while there.
>>
File: h.jpg (40 KB, 1280x720)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>90885698
Physics teachers use busses as an example how protons place themselves on different layers. First only one passenger per row. Then again I don't think it's any different anywhere else.
>>
>>90884317
People get accustomed to smells
>>
How ugly americans are compared to us brazilians
>>
>>90886065
truly finland is filled with autism, if it wasn't that expensive to travel there, I would loved to experience it and maybe test it as many time as possible.
>>
One time I was drinking mate at the University and one of my classmates told me: why do you drink mate? are you argentinian or what?

I feel disapointed, my family respect the traditions of our contry and every aftermoon we share a "mate" and "sopaipillas" arrown the stove, we even have a coleccion of "porongos de plata" ( mate with silver decorations) who date from the early 1900 (family treasure)

Fucking milenials. they can't even "cebar"(make) a good "mate"
>>
The portion sizes and cheapness of the food in the U.S. Visited Michigan years ago and was astonished how far like $5 could stretch you. Gave us a massive bowl of mac and cheese that could feed three. No wonder Americans get fat so easily.
>>
>>90886065
literally autism
>>
File: 1526934250975.jpg (414 KB, 1419x2000)
414 KB
414 KB JPG
>>90875798
Went to Seattle recently and there where more homeless people than I was expecting. Like literal tent cities with people just camping on the freeway. Brother went to San Diego for a college trip and said that there where blocks of ten cities that would be there one day and gone the next.
Pretty sad, why is it that way west coast anons?
>>
>>90886231
>said that there where blocks of ten cities that would be there one day and gone the next.

You think that's a bad thing? Genghis is smiling down at it.
>>
>go to Greece
>flying from Santorini (Thera) to Athens
>go to the airport early like I should
>get told the plane took off early
>get told there were 30 people on the flight that weren't notified and I just happened to be one of them
>have to find a place to stay another night
Made me realize how third world Greece was
>>
File: 2c.jpg (307 KB, 900x888)
307 KB
307 KB JPG
>>90886231
Its pretty fucking expensive to live in california (instead of homeless people being spread out, they are being squeeze into certain areas where cops/business don't bother them), but even more I think it has to do with the drug problems the usa has.
>>
>>90875980
Regional differences, in the south/midwest usually people will say thank you when your holding the door open for them. Usually in more heavily developed areas like the North East and lower west coast it isn't really common.
>>
The autism is real
>>
lived in south korea for a while
people bump into each other on the street and in the train and no one gives a shit
lighting indoors is wayyy too fucking bright and flourescent, bright blue led light left on even deep into the night
for such a cold country everyone is extremely sensitive to the cold. Indoors in winter people will blast the heater until its 25c but no one will take off their jacket, but in summer people will run the air conditioner until its 18c but everyone's fine in shorts and linen shirts. Couldnt wrap my head around it.
>>
>>90886065
Peak autism
>>
>>90886338
>people bump into each other on the street and in the train and no one gives a shit
It's a crowded country and everyone's on a tight schedule. You don't have the time to say sorry or deal with some fuck who knocked against you too hard.
>>
>>90886405
listen to the fellow asian.
>>
>>90876070
>not using moose-calls to check if there are any people who might've recently considered entering from that particular door maybe
pfff, have you even ordered your free picture of the Queen yet?
>>
>>90875798
>>90875853
>>90875934
Cherrypicked images. You idiots believe everything youi read on the internet.
>>
>>90883553
Can any Germans comment on this? Is the poo shelf a real thing?
>>
>>90886676
It's true.
>>
>>90886686
>>90886676
Some have them, some don't. Even in some public toilets you got these. Never thought of these much until you guys brought it up
>>
>>90886774
welcome to /int/, we discuss inane things.
>>
>>90877982
normally we throw them out of the cities
>>
>>90886795
Huh? This shitty board infected the whole Internet with a meme about how a country goes to the bathroom. Years ago at this point.
>>
>>90886231 >>90877982
Insane cost of living, comfortable weather year-round, tolerant local governments, generous welfare compared to the rest of the country, and plentiful drugs to buy with said welfare.
>>
ppl werent asses, hungary is a terrible depressing shithole
>>
>>90877982
some counties literally bus them into shittier counties kek
>>
>>90883188
I’m not surprised mate, if you think melbourne/sydney’s housing market is bad have a look at SF’s. I just saw an ad for a 800m squared house with no garden or driveway for 2.5 million
>>
>>90875798
Going to Eastern Europe, and no one smiled there.
>>
>>90875798
car were not constantly trying to hit me and stopped while I was crossing a street
>>
>>90886150
i had a friend showed me a pic of what her “small” order of nachos at a football game was, it was enough to feed a family of four
>>
>>90876244

Is it really that bad in Brazil?
>>
>>90876476
>and still don't socialize

Don't lie, we all know Americans strike up conversations with just about everyone.

Personal space is virtually a human right here.
>>
>>90887818
>Americans strike up conversations with just about everyone
Okay, then answer why no one ever talked to me at all from the day I entered middleschool to the day I graduated highschool, Poindexter?
>>
>>90883183
Guinea pigs too
>>
Every foreign country I visited made me feel like they were complete dumps and poorly maintained.
Later I realised we are just extremely neat and autistic here when it comes to such things.
>>
>paris
very RUDE, 'artist's trying to draw me for money
>US
had to stop over on a flight, holes in hotel walls, made of cardboard, felt kinda dangerous
>Italy(Tuscany)
felt like UK Tbh, leaning tower of pisa is unimpressive, liked the cathedrals next to it though
>>
>>90879833

The females leave egg piles at the bus stop and the next male who ends up in that designated standing spot fertilizes them.
>>
>>90887657
We don't smile for no reason
>>
>Brussels
ugly and full of poopskins
>Paris
ugly and full of poopskins
>Rotterdam
ugly and full and poopskins
>>
>>90887904
>had to stop over on a flight, holes in hotel walls, made of cardboard, felt kinda dangerous
Were you in a motel in the southeast? I've never been somewhere that bad
>>
Walking in Mexico City is a fucking adventure, there's no stop signs anywhere, just pedestrian preference signs, but nobody ever stops to let you pass, so you have to wait for an opportunity to run through and hope you don't get run over.
>>
>>90887965
New England
>>
>>90875798
we dont actually do this..
>>
>>90875873
You look american
>>
>>90877982
California is overloaded with illegals tho, sure they are citizens?
>>
>>90883553

the shelf has water in it, no scrubbing, no splashing

literally the best of the three you retard.
>>
>>90875798
Being at the train stations of Nuremberg, Frankfurt and Munich and experiencing the great exchange with my own eyes.
>>
>>90880624
If we were capable of emotions we would not have made it in northern europe
>>
>>90875798
Brussels full of chinks and nigs and I mean on every single street almost like every fifth person
>>
>>90888266
in some hoods 2/3 people are not white
it's a fucking dump
>>
File: 1377531197780.jpg (51 KB, 600x400)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>mfw all these photos taken by some africa-man
>>
Was not allowed to take video at airport in Doa. Everyone dressed like ghosts. I was 10 so was pretty weird.
In New York, everyone were super loud and police were walking around with automatic weapons. Police in Norway didn't carry any weapons up until recently, and still it's only a 9mm
>>
>>90875798
US store employees will constantly harass you when you just want to shop in peace
>>
>>90888305
Doha
>>
>>90886261
>Genghis is smiling down at it.
genghis is smiling up* at it
>>
>Norway
people actually respecting traffic rules and stopping at pedestrian crossing to let me pass instead of ignoring me
even had a bus stop and let me pass
insane
>>
>>90876293
Nice, don't come back, one less fin means one more swede.
>>
File: ONT.jpg (531 KB, 1917x875)
531 KB
531 KB JPG
Never been outside of the GTA really, i have been to a couple places up north of where i live but very rarely and was only there for a little bit and talked to very little people. Went as far south as Hamilton for the army recruitment centre i put an application into. But even here, people are still pretty different i find but not really in other ways. The more rural people can be seen as ignorant or dumb, but are usually mild mannered for the most part and not mean. Toronto is straight disgusting and i never recommend anyone go there really, maybe as a tourist. I have had to go there to work on some jobs and it is awful. I am jealous of people who have traveled all over the world or even Europeans that in a 2hr train or like 3hr car drive can be in a different country. I too can technically, go to the US in like a 1.5-2hr drive but i don't have my full license to drive there even though i am 22.

How i cope with being a travellet? What does being on a plane feel like, i have never left my country or even the GTA really.
>>
The heavily armed guards stationed every 20 km in a road down through Baja California
>>
>>90888383

Forgot to mention my pic is how far i have ever travelled roughly.
>>
File: 1486864945251.jpg (1.59 MB, 2448x2991)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB JPG
>>90888288
>>
>>90888360
Here in Brno, people let me pass too.
>>
>>90888383
Just take a low cost airline or a bus to the US or another part of the country, I guess that's the cheapest way to get around.
Do you have low cost airlines like Ryanair in North America?
I visited Budapest and London for ~15€ each flight via Ryanair.
Being on a plane sucks since it's cheap enough for working class people and students to afford it, but buisness class is surely still another world.
>>
>>90875798
Buenos Aires is actually very white and european
>>
>>90881282
It is illegal to sell energy drinks to anyone younger than 18 here
>>
>>90888533

I didn't know of any, but i looked up a couple. You can get some pretty cheap flights to Europe if you book really far in advance like 5-6months. Toronto to Reykjavik is only like 300 dollars. But that is where the company is based and from, so it is like a deal they do. Other countries i would be more interested in are way fucking more expensive. Like, Poland and Russia, easily over 2k just for flights. Not to mention hotels and food etc.

I don't have much desire to go to the US, i would much rather just drive around there in my comfy shitbox and maybe get some looks at my rarer plate there. I don't know, the US is not that much different than here i would suspect.
>>
>>90888414
Yeah they send heavily armed soldiers and police pretty much for everything, even when they're just doing checkpoints to make sure nobody is drunk driving they have a truck with a machine gun somewhere out of sight.
>>
>>90888341
I meant what I said.
>>
File: paska.jpg (36 KB, 400x425)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>90876476
>Helsinki
>Finland
>>
in Iceland i didn’t see a single police officer, and seeing people drink and smoke weed in public was strange. In America that is a huge no no
>>
>>90888917
>fingoloid
>human
>>
File: C84zSUHXsAAx2hf.jpg (39 KB, 1200x992)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>90883553
No wonder Germans are into scat porn.
>>
>>90888307
This is something I actually do hate about living the US but unfortunately for the workers they are forced to by their bosses
>>
File: space liberator.jpg (204 KB, 767x750)
204 KB
204 KB JPG
>>90888995
Come and liberate us and cleanse our genes.
>>
How difficult would it be to go and drive in a euro country i visit? I have only driven my manual shitbox since i started driving so that is not a problem for me. I think the biggest thing to get use to would be the pedestrian crossings that seem to be everywhere and with no lights/intersection. Then roundabouts/traffic circles, not many here where i live. When we do have them it is only single lane circles since were are brainlets, but they are pretty straight forward. Most have signage on the lanes anyways from what i have seen, when in the right lane you go straight or right and in the left you can basically take basically any exit right.
>>
>>90889079
>and cleanse our genes
Destroy Swedish I1 Germanic and fill you with N1c Siberian?
>>
>>90883553
Definitely a thing yes, but modern toilets are not like this anymore.

You'll find the 'continental shelf' in almost any elderly people's house.
>>
>>90889086
From my experience, roads tend to be far narrower than what we would see in Canada, and you tend to share it with pedestrians/cyclists much more often.
>>
>>90886676
It is not uncommon, but I doubt that there are a lot of people who actually use it to inspect their feces. I for example wipe my ass while sitting down, so once I have the chance to look into the toilet my poop is covered with toilet paper and therefore not visible anymore. And I think most people do it the same way.
>>
>>90883553
>scrubbing after each use

>Yurop
>>
>>90888224
The homeless people are old white men or black men, usually mumbling to themselves high on drugs. I guess they have no relatives to stay with.

Immigrants in the US aren't like refugees in Europe, in the States people go to work, not to bum around, and most mexicans (and FOB asians for that matter) live cramped houses with extended family to afford the rent. It would be weird to just let a relative become homeless. I myself slept in a futon on my cousin's house when I was there.
>>
>go to germany
>have to tip the toilet attendant
>>
>>90889086
You will get used to it, it is not that hard. People also get used to driving on the opposite side of the road quite fast.
>>
>>90875798
When I traveled france at age 8, a black guy made appearance out of nowhere (It was night) and sold me the effel tower figurin. It was my first time contact with blacks.
>>
>>90879647
Your wifes son you mean
>>
File: wut.jpg (70 KB, 747x667)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>90886095
>>90886174
>>90886356
Why would you sit next to a stranger if there's an empty row?
>>
>>90884228
>devilish
>>
File: 1528159925855.png (502 KB, 432x648)
502 KB
502 KB PNG
All the women in Japan are alpha and can maintain conversations. All the males are beta and view everyone else as their enemy.
>>
>>90888485
ofc some people do, but definitely not everyone
>Brno
I'm so sorry
>>
>>90875925
>drinking in public
what's so shocking about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzwdSsPeyg4
>>
>>90889400
I suspect they actually WANT to talk to strangers. And they call us autistic.
>>
>>90889881
No we don't. I remember commuting to work on a full bus that was completely silent until this English person boarded it. Suddenly he starts making small talk and everyone looks at him in silent disgust.
>>
>go to amsterdam with friends
>wallking around in the day time
>theres sex shops out in the open with hardcore graphic porn covers, posters and sex toys in the windows
>there are children walking past in broad daylight, mothers aren't even shielding their children's eyes
freaked me out a little bit desu
>>
>>90889424
>this isnt like my anime
>>
File: 1471617347096.jpg (73 KB, 550x700)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>90890158
>>
>>90890158
Well that was what I meant. People don't talk to eachother on swedish buses either, and spread out while waiting for the bus. Only people who talk are mentally ill people and drunks.
>>
>>90875798
>visiting Egypt in the demilitarized zone
>cops with AKs everywhere, yet drug dealers deal drugs openly everywhere too
>cops are obviously not doing anything at all, they just talk on the phone oblivious to their surroundings
>the drug dealers aren't even necessary, as you can buy whatever drugs you want at pharmacies, without prescription
>saw just one woman, an old hag, during my entire stay, obviously they keep the other women locked inside
>no hygiene standards on restaurants, cats fucking everywhere
>scammers everywhere

Not really tempted to visit another muslim country in the future. They were open and friendly though, I'll give them that.
>>
>>90875798
I lived in Germany for a month as a kid. Just two things struck me as weird:
>topless women at water parks
>dubbing every foreign movie/tv-show in German
>11 year old me could speak English better than most Germans. Old people and kids couldn't understand a word.

To be fair, Germans have way better English skills than most continentals though. Especially the 20-40 age group. But I found it peculiar how kids my age understood absolutely nothing.
>>
>>90875798
that Norwegians burn plastic and every kind of rubbish in their fireplaces, it absolutely shocked me
>>
>>90875798
people are autistically quiet in britain, and when they're not its usually on a weekend night and they are awful obnoxious people
>>
File: 1200px-Chav_scally.jpg (193 KB, 1200x1287)
193 KB
193 KB JPG
>>90890158
BASED
CHAV THE CHAD DESTROYS FINNOIDS
>>
>>90890550
Germans speak better English than French, but worse English than the Dutch.
>>
>>90890550
>topless women at water parks
HNNNNNNNNNG
>>
>>90890763
where in britain
>>
>>90890951
Wales
its very different from here where people are used to speaking freely everywhere, and even used to obnoxiously loud people
theres like an unwritten rule in britain that you cannot speak in public transport or anything like that
>>
>>90891201
You can speak to people you know. It's just talking to strangers when sober that is odd
>>
>>90891239
>It's just talking to strangers when sober that is odd
why is that? nothing wrong with small talk with strangers. i hope its just cityfags that think that way

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.