[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 4XTFNGL.png (10 KB, 370x320)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
If given the choice would you rather become a biological woman or cease being dysphoric?

https://www.strawpoll.me/16599790
>>
>>10821894
Even if I got rid of my dysphoria, I think I'd still want to look and dress girly, I would still not be satisfied.
>>
>>10821894
Wanting to cease being dysphoric over being a cis girl, sounds more like trans OCD than gender dysphoria.
>>
Cease being dysphoric deffo. I actually can recognise that I’m not a bad looking man and intellectually I actually prefer the role of the quirky male. My body won’t stop fucking screaming at me though.
>>
>>10821936
but if you have dysphoria and you become a biogirl wouldn't dysphoria stop?
>>
>>10821894
Dysphoria is not really the only thing that makes me trans. I would still want to be cute and girly and look like a girl, just... not feel dysphoric. I would still feel shitty in a non dysphoric but rather depresive way for not looking fem.
>>
>>10821894
easily the first
also we're not really sure what causes dysphoria but I feel like removing it would probably change who I was as a person which I don't really want. still wouldn't pick that option if it didn't, though.
>>
>>10821894

That kind of implies that even if I were made into a cis woman, I would continue to have dysphoria...
>>
>>10821987
I doubt removibg dysphoria would change you as a person but I believe you would still wanna look like a girl and be girly (unless you're agp/cluster b/whatever)
>>
>>10822022
basically. cueing dysphoria is just a dumb fucking meme that wouldn't change anything.
>>
>>10821894
Cease being dysphoric. I'd take being a cis man over being a dysphoric tranny any of the week, especially considering that my dysphoria is driving me to suicide.
>>
>>10822022

>I doubt removibg dysphoria would change you as a person but I believe you would still wanna look like a girl and be girly
>unless you're agp

You just admitted to thinking AGP is caused by dysphoria and not the other way around.
>>
>>10822022
isn't wanting to look like a girl etc. part of dysphoria though? the most basic part even
>>
>>10821894
bio female, no more dysphoria would feel like a lobotomy
>>
>>10822022
I guess it depends on how you remove the dysphoria. If you just magic those feelings away then yeah, but if you wanted to change my brain structure into whatever would be required for me to be cis then I'm not sure there'd just be a "switch" for dysphoria on/off and nothing else
>>
>>10822071
Yeah but there's still more to it. I could wanna look like a girl and not feel a dysphoric feeling but rather a depressed feeling (don't feel the same at all, dysphoria is depression with an add on)

>>10822059
hsts and agps have dysphoria. it just isn't that severe in agps.
>>
>>10822149
I guess I don't have dysphoria then. Also blanchardianism is wrong
>>
>>10822157
it's the closest we have to grouping people together. Calling people agp unironically feels wrong desu.
>>
>>10821894
does becoming a woman involves not having dysphoria
>>
>>10821894
>90% for become a biological woman

so much for that MUH HSTS = GAY ERASURE faggot.
>>
>>10822175
there is no reason to group people into categories that don't even reflect most people's experience. also calling a transgirl hsts is as insulting as calling her agp
>>
>>10822149

>hsts and agps have dysphoria. it just isn't that severe in agps.

Being cured of dysphoria, what makes HSTS continue to desire to appear feminine that AGP lack?
>>
>>10822238
general personality.
Hsts have femininity deeply ingrained into them. they would still seek to look like women

Agps just have a fetish, they would still have that fetish but they would only live it in bed.

there are probably many undiscovered kinds of trans people out there but this is it so far. I don't think I'd be able to live as a male even without dysphoria, dysphoria only started kicking in after puberty while I always wanted to be a girl.
>>
>>10822267
>tranner astrology
>>
>>10822274
whatever. Only thing I know is that if I were able to "cure" my dysphoria I still would crossdress and try to live as a girl full time. Unless my whole personality gets ripped apart I don't think I'll ever be able to live as a male.
>>
>>10822295
that is dysphoria though
>>
>>10822267

>dysphoria only started kicking in after puberty while I always wanted to be a girl.

That's AGP.
>>
>>10822462
why?
>>
>>10822400
if that's what dysphoria is to the core then that'd mean I'd have to throw away my personality. I wouldn't be the same person but a person looking like someone (s)he killed.
If that's dysphoria would it be able to really be called an illness tho?
I like to believe dysphoria is an illness but implying dysphoria is my whole personality it would mean it isn't one.

If that's meant with dysphoria, being cured would mean that I'd become a shell without a soul.
>>
>>10822462
it started kicking in because of hormone inbalance. I ALWAYS wanted to be a girl and came out before puberty even, i was rejected obviously.
Maybe I have a wrong definition of dysphoria. implying dysphoria is my whole being would mean it can't be an illness which I believe it is.
>>
>>10821894
Rather be a bio woman easily.
>>
>>10821894
Thats a pretty easy choice.
>>
>>10821894
89% trutrans
>>
Stupid recursive question, but I'll bite.

I _think_ I'd want to be a girl even without dysphoria because girls are pretty and I consider them my aesthetic ideal.
It's safe to assume that my sense of beauty isn't the same as dysphoria - they complement each other but are separate.
Thus, I'd still want to be a girl even without the mentall illness.

>inb4 AGP

Not everything is about sex you degenerates.
>>
>>10822483

It's not controversial among Blanchard and his cabal that AGPs crossdress in childhood and want to be girls. One of them even referred to a psychologists' work with prepubescent boys who crossdressed. I don't remember the name of the psychologist, but the book they published this in was green, I believe. One of the boys was specifically referenced as heterosexual, and from conversations with him, the psychologist could tell his interest in crossdressing was sexual.
>>
>>10821958
Yeh but if I’m in my current form and I have no dysphoria that’s what I’d go far. I don’t objectively think that being a girl is better. It’s not in most ways.
>>
>>10821894
Bio woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>10821943
What about those not attracted to the same sex?
>>
>>10821894
cease being dysphoric
given the choice between cis male or cis woman, i'd always choose the first because men are more attractive, have better fashion etc.
friendship between males is also a lot less shallow imo.
>>
>>10821894
Getting rid of dysphoria will fix one of my major problems, yes. But becoming a woman would do that AND fulfill my lifetime wish. So yeah, the choice is obvious.
>>
>>10821894
If my dysphoria goes away what happens to my sexuality? Same if I become a biological female?

I choose whichever leaves my sexuality the same, even though the no more dysphoria option doesn't make sense then.
>>
>>10821894
bio woman for sure, easiest answer i've ever given
>>
>>10821894
Doesn't dysphoria never go away even with transition? Pretty sure one someone would be dysphoric about their memory or upbringing. I'd take one full cure please.
>>
Cease dys
>>
>>10821894
bio woman.
>>
>>10821894
Become female as long as I'm still AGP.
>>
>>10821894
I’d become a woman in an instant.
>>
>>10821894
i would always choose to be a biological woman
>>
File: DdOlM8PX4AIUZiz.jpg (72 KB, 534x896)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>10833454
I too would like to become nico
>>
Initially my answer to this would have been being a cis woman.

But that was my dysphoria talking. In no way is being a woman better than being a man. If I could be a man without dysphoria and just be happy as one, is honestly choose that fate instead.

I wasn’t an ugly guy nor was I one with many problems. Being a boy isn’t a curse. The fact I obsess over being a woman enough to transition is entirely due to dysphoria. Without it I’d be much happier.
>>
>>10833912
You know you're probably right, but it's pretty hard to see that beyond the dysphoria.
>>
>>10833912
Maybe I am alone but I think I had a bad time as a boy so I'm not sure if removing dysphoria would be ok. Maybe if it was done years before then it would be fine.
>>
>>10833912
>But that was my dysphoria talking.
"your dysphoria" is you
>>
>>10822560

This despite non-trans trolls like this pretending to be trans like this post >>10833912

I wonder why guys are so offended that transwomen wish they were biologically female.
>>
I'd honestly rather be One of those Frank wolf tier femboys/traps.

But between the two of those I'd prefer to be a Cis female. Even though there's things I'd dislike about being a Cis girl as well. I'm decently underweight though so maybe I could stay androgynous have no period and dress like an uwu softboi.

Would I still be able to take hormones just to be cuter if I had no dysphoria. Cause like then I could still be a cute trap but minus the crippling bdd from dysphoria.
>>
>>10833912
Yeah but men are pigs and even without dysphoria I'd rather separate myself from them as much as possible.
>>
>>10837529
>”men!!!! >:(“
>>
>>10821894
If you become a biological woman then you cease being dysphoric AND are a woman. How is this even a question?
>>
File: B3vSfPWIcAAyCQ-.jpg (52 KB, 639x639)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>10836437
i also voted be non-dysphoric and i'm not a troll pretending to be trans
maybe you should try to understand not everyone's exactly like you
>>
>>10837574
>i also voted be non-dysphoric
but why???
>>
I choose to be a hermaphrodite.
>>
>>10821973
So you'd be a crossdresser. In that case I can tell you from experience the feeling of shittiness is pretty much the same as the feeling of shittiness you get from realizing how out of shape and unattractive you are. I can also tell you from experience that it's a feeling that goes away if you work enough to get into shape.
>>
I'll take the cure anyday. Your memories are still male and i'm sure that'd cause dysphoria. It never ends.
>>
>>10821916
what if i picked that but yet have been taking HRT for like 2 months
>>
i voted to just be a regular guy, since if in both cases i wouldnt be a tranny anymore, being a guy would be superior due to advantages guys have over females.
>>
>>10836367
how can you be so sure though?
>>
>>10841035
>Your memories are still male and i'm sure that'd cause dysphoria.
ask anon why would they cause dysphoria?
>>10841096
what else is it?
>>
>>10841254
>what else is it?
idk just some condition youre afflicted with that makes you want to be the other sex. probably just a defect somewhere in your brain, but it isnt your consciousness, which basically all you really are is your consciousness.
>>
>>10842381
sounds far-fetched anon...
>>
>>10821894
Either one works.
>>
>>10842567
i refuse to believe that i am my dysphoria
>>
>>10840938
>goes away if you work enough to get into shape.
It didn't for me. :(
>>10821973
So I'm kind of an ignorant idiot, but why is
> but rather depresive way for not looking fem.
Not dysphoria?
>>
>>10843522
Are there any other aspects of yourself that you think aren't part of you? Which?
>>
>>10836437
I've been on HRT for 2 years and I pass and blend in very well, to call me fake trans is absurd because I recognize it's better to just be what you were born as without these pesky feelings getting in the way.

Also i'm smart enough to realize our society is geared towards men and that men have it much better in our world, why would i willingly choose life on hard mode?

none of it matters anyway, i'm a girl
>>
>>10844084
not really actually.
>>
>>10843522
If the dysphoria was merely a body defect, and your consciousness is you (it is), then that defect would not alter the way you think. It could not, in and of itself, make you feel anything except other bodily phenomena (like nausea, for instance). Your consciouness processes the signals and assigns interpretative value to them.

It is far more likely your consciousness knows what is correct, but the body not accepting that signal is the cause of dysphoria.
>>
>>10844699
well dysphoria is a brain defect, but youre not actually your brain, youre just your consciousness. the pain your brain feels is just like the pain your body feels, but on a higher level, your consciousness only experiences it, its not pain within your consciousness(though that is impossible).
>>
>>10844695
you are you anon and dysphoria is part of that, just like any unhappiness from living a life that you aren't
>>
>>10844766
>dysphoria is a brain defect,
dysphoria isn't a defect, dysphoria is the feeling you get for your body being wrong

if the shoe doesn't fit, it's not the foot that's defective
>>
>>10847715
>it's not the foot that's defective
it could be depending on how you look at it, but how you want to describe it is arbitrary and the only thing that really matters is that the shoe doesnt fit on your foot.
>>
>>10821894
Guy with GID who doesn't take hormones or crossdress here.

I like being a man for a few obvious reasons (strength, safety, better control of emotions, some others) but if I could actually be a passing biological woman I would take it in a heartbeat. Being less dysphoric would be nice but it doesn't really compare to the chance to live life as what you should've been.

Also >>10822006 this. If you were born a woman, I assume you wouldn't suffer from dysphoria anymore, no?
>>
>>10849468
If the body received the correct signal, then the brain would not have a reason to be upset. If the body receives the incorrect signal from the brain, the brain STILL has no reason to be upset as it is merely a biological unit. Only the consciousness can provide interpretation of what is a correct and incorrect signal based on how the expression of the body fits with what the consciousness knows to be true.

IE, it doesn't matter if the shoe doesn't fit because the tongue is too small, the laces are off-kilter, or the sole is sewn incorrectly - it still doesn't fit and the foot is the determiner of fit (interpreted by the pain receptor in the brain passing that signal to the consciousness).
>>
>>10851824
i'm sorry anon you lost me :( i just think what we are is something special and our bodies should match that inner light
>>
>>10851824
but the consciousness is only a camera and nothing more, i think what you were describing the consciousness as doing, the brain actually does.
>>
>>10821894
im guessing i would still be short and still be (and sound like) a faggot, just without dysphoria
being a woman seems like a better option
>>
>>10852548
The consciousness is the only thing that truly exists. Not a camera so much as the interface point of the various bodies.

The brain cannot derive meaning or interpretation - it can only respond in set patterns, or develop new patterns at the direction of the consciousness ('neuroplasticity') or, in some cases, the limbic system (such as when one part of the brain compensates for the inability to send a previously functional signal by rerouting the neural pathway). Only consciousness can provide meaning and interpret the signals that the body sends outside of the chemical reactions themselves.
>>
>>10852641
how can the subconsciousness actually do anything other than just percieve whats happening and what the brain tells it?
>>
>>10852887
Go read Operation Stargate. It's allllll in there. Far easier to read straight from the source than for me to spend 20 posts typing out the same stuff only for some person who wont take the time to read to go on about 'lol retard'.

Here, you can start with this.
https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP96-00788R001700210016-5.pdf
>>
>>10852967
hmm ok ill go read it and if i have questions ill ask you
>>
>>10853757
Hope you're ready to have your world turned upside down. Good stuff in there.
>>
>>10853769
so ive read some of it now;
on the "biofeedback" point, i read that it is possible to block pain and heal certain ailments, couldnt it be possible to get rid of gender dysphoria in this same way too?
>>
>>10853853
Not really. This is why I say that it's located in the consciousness - there doesn't seem to be a point to 'attack' in order to 'correct' it (because from the consciousness' point of view, nothing is wrong). Now, I don't know if this holds true for those who didn't know their whole lives like I did - I can only speak of my experience on it. Perhaps those who only become aware later might have a chance to, I dunno. I doubt it, because I think it's likely in their consciousness as well, but since I only have on consciousness I can't say for sure.
>>
>>10853872
>Now, I don't know if this holds true for those who didn't know their whole lives like I did
how much has it effected you both before puberty and in your teenage years?
personally ive always wanted to be a girl but before puberty i didnt really think about it much. after i had to start resorting to methods of escapism. until about 2 years ago i still was unaware of the true meaning and seriousness of it though.
though i cant know for sure whether its something with my consciousness or not.
>>
>>10853905
Its affected me my whole life. I tried to use a drill press on my genitalls when I was 9 because it wasn't supposed to be there. I told doctors, psychologists, all sorts of people and no one would ever help me (this was the 80s, btw). I learned to hide it somewhat, but never what I'd call actual repression (I had a good role model ina book I read when I was 12, Dicey from Homecoming, who was a girl forced to pretend to be a boy to get her siblings across the country safely). So I internalized everything from that lens until I got older, and thats another long story. A blend of escapism, androgyny (whcih was as close to 'boy' as I could stomach), and some long periods that I can't remember becuse of some nasty medicines I was put on (as in the entirety of 7th and 8th grade).
>>
>>10853932
i guess i dont have it very bad at all then. compared to you i'd say its highly unlikely that mine is something with my consciousness.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.