[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: scamus.jpg (62 KB, 570x712)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>fucks hundreds of hot girls
>writes basic as shit prose with no substance
>is rich, successful and popular in his time
>LARPs as a fucking noir detective in real life
>dies young enough to not be revealed as a hack
>uhhhh the struggle itself is enough to fill a man's heart haha, keep rolling that boulder incel

I hate this fucking faggot like you wouldn't believe
>>
>>23065057
I've never understood people like OP who despise other men for scoring.
>>
>>23065057
go back to your hugbox, godcuck
>>
>>23065057
One of the most overrated "philosophers" of all time. Wrote nothing but insipid garbage, a product of the left wing media-academia mob that flourished after WW2 (like every modern french philosopher).
>>
File: fScs8jw.jpg (44 KB, 578x552)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>THIS IS FOR TELLING YOUNG MEN WITH EXISTENTIAL CRISES TO FIND MEANING IN THE MEANINGLESSNESS INSTEAD OF TRANSCENDING IT THROUGH METAPHYSICS
>*RAMS CAMUS TOWARD THE TREE*
>>
>>23065066
chud, if he wrote about how everything is le demonic and other vapid trash, we know you'd be clapping like a seal
>>
>>23065057
Ok Zeus, keep crying.
>>
File: worst philosopher.png (716 KB, 1011x879)
716 KB
716 KB PNG
>>23065057
>>
>>23065074
Demons aren't real, and yet Camus remains worthless.
>>
>>23065094
that's a demonic thing to say.
the lord sees worth in all men.
>>
>>23065057
Why don't you just do the same if you're so envious, sounds easy enough if he was as talentless as you say
>>
He's good for learning french
>>
>>23065057
>LARPs as a fucking noir detective in real life
huh?
>>
>>23065103
Yeah. WTF?
>>
>>23065103
>>23065139
>In photographs Camus often has a cigarette dangling from the corner of his mouth. It's a film noir image, which is no accident. Camus was devoted to Humphrey Bogart, especially his performance in The Big Sleep, and there were many approximations to Lauren Bacall in Camus's life. He was delighted when one of his many mistresses, Arthur Koestler's wife Mamaine, gave him a Burberry raincoat. He thought it made him even more like Bogart.
>>
>>23065145
so he is even more based than we thought
>>
>>23065145
That's not larping as a detective. That's posing for a photo, retard.
>>
>>23065057
>no substance
You’re a retard
>>
>>23065145
So the charge is that he was a man who put a bit of effort into personal style, and it actually worked on women, instead of being a slob in a sweat-stained shirt like OP
>>
try being an autist like me. his books fucking suck dick therefore I am not jealous. I do not get jealous of untalented bad artists.
>>
>>23065217
You are hardly literate.
>>
>>23065219
Amerispeak is my 5th language. I read Camus in the original French, retard.
>>
>>23065224
Just like millions of other people, retard. Do you want a trophy for being the valedictorian of your special ed class?
>>
>>23065066
Nobody ever talks about his book The Rebel which caused all the other French leftists to disown him
>>
I just finished L'étranger last night, that's my sixth French novel now
I'm going to have to re-read that last chapter but otherwise I really enjoyed it
I was engrossed the whole way through and I found it to be hilarious
Anyway, do you guys think I should read more Camus?
I downloaded a few of Houellebecq's novels and will try reading them but how do Camus' other novels compare difficulty wise? People seem to have this funny idea that L'étranger is easy because it doesn't use literary tenses but I think that's bullshit
As someone who believes in God and the afterlife I kind of struggle with his absurdist perspective
>>
>>23065094
I dunno, your existence is proof enough
>>
>>23065224
Poop language
>>
File: 12395.jpg (123 KB, 500x771)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>23065260
It was funny reading The Plague prior to Kungflu.
I would recommend pic related
>>
>>23065067
kek

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.