[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

New stuff from the FREEDOM music video, which is basically a trailer #6.

Lightning Buster.
>>
>>22450227
Duel Blitz with METEOR Unit 7
>>
Earth Alliance fleet taking off.
Spoilers say this is supposed to be Endymion Base, which would explain the big crater.
>>
File: GE7nrurbMAAs5NO.jpg (166 KB, 1920x1080)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
>>22450244
They just replicated this shot from Destiny, and the outcome is identical: blasted with Requiem, with whatever survivors joining in formation with the Kusanagi.
>>
Archangel landing on the area where the Blue Cosmos attack from the prologue happened.
(scene was described in the novelization)
>>
Godfuckingdamnit, Hilda. I bust my ass to defend your honor, and find you doing this moeshit anime nonsense.
>>
Foundation GINNs (piloted model) and Connected Armored Vehicles advancing on a village. In all likelihood, the one that gets nuked.
>>
File: EboMGBnX0AAyZf8.jpg (582 KB, 1920x1080)
582 KB
582 KB JPG
>>22450227
>Lightning Buster.
Correction. This is Lightning Buster.

OP depicts Akatsuki equipped with Destiny's Zeus Silhouette.
>>
Destroy Repair (tentative name).
>>
>>22450272
Missing an arm and one of the chest cannons. I wonder if there are Extended piloting those things, or just jury-rigged an MA cockpit for standard Natural operation.
>>
Archangel landing on Foundation lake.
>>
File: docu0291.jpg (201 KB, 1143x859)
201 KB
201 KB JPG
>>22450276
You may think the birds are an homage to the famous flamingo scene from 0079, but it's really a reference to Yamane's design notes for the Archangel.
>>
Archangel and Millennium landing on Foundation.
>>
Archangel firing. I wouldn't be surprised if they took references from the EX Model kit for the 3DCG rendering.
>>
Rising Freedom attacks Eurasian border troops after Kira is brainwashed with YAMI NI OCHIRU-no jutsu.
>>
>>22450289
Immortal Justice joining in the attack against Eurasian forces.
We know Shinn is a little ragetard, but what is he doing there too? Just supporting the commander like the simpleton he is? Is he brainwashed too?
>>
Kira and Lacus in a bike across Aprilius One.
>>
>>22450230
The same one Strike Freedom used in Destiny.
>>
Requiem beam hitting... something on Earth.
I'll take it this is supposed to be the destruction of Moscow.
>>
ZAFT fleet. The Laurasia-class seems to have been upgraded.
>>
Millennium liftoff, using the positronic interference trick.
>>
Gulveig, Foundation's flagship. Clearest image I've been able to find.
Seems the comparisons with LoGH weren't in vain. Fucking thing looks like an opera hall.
>>
Millennium takes a positron shot to the face. The shimmering seems to be that ablative gel thing that the Archangel used in reentry.
>>
Cagalli in pilot suit, next to Miriallia and an irrelevant character I had to censor for personal reasons: I don't want to attract that meme-spewing imbecile.
>>
Proud Defender in Millennium's hangar.
>>
>>22450345
Another shot of the Proud Defender.
>>
Wall of photos in Kira's desk.
>>
Orphee's golden ring and Lacus' silver ring, supposedly given by her mother (Aura?).
>>
Yzak in cockpit, next to Dearka and its METEOR.
>>
>>22450356
Dearka in cockpit, next to Yzak and its METEOR.
>>
File: 1707511611731554.jpg (569 KB, 1440x1080)
569 KB
569 KB JPG
>>22450349
The bike Lacus is sitting on, on the right picture, is real: it's a Honda Hawk 11. Apparently, the model was also featured in a Kamen Rider show.
Product placement, as admitted by Fukuda.
>>
>>22450349
>Sai and Tolle
:(
>>
>>22450291
After Kira makes his move the rest of Compass reluctantly jump in to back him up since the fight was on for better or worse.
>>
>>22450291
That's Blue Cosmos
>>
>>22450354
Lacus mother is a different character

>>22450338
Gel is a new thing made by Lelouch and it doesn't just tank one positron shot it takes all 12 from >>22450331
>>
>>22451360
From what I understand, those are Eurasian troops Kira started to shoot at, delusionally thinking they are Blue Cosmos.
>>
>>22451368
Shin doesn't follow him
>>
>>22451363
Archangel had ablative gel dispensers on the first series to help it withstand the heat of atmospheric entry.
They may be selling it as something entirely new in the movie, but it's the same basic concept on a larger scale: gel coats the ship to protect it from damage caused by extreme heat.
>>
>>22451363
>Lacus mother is a different character
If that's the case, then why did she get rid of the ring?
By the looks of it, Lacus had three parents: Aura, Siegel and his mysterious wife.
>>
>>22451384
stop arguing about a movie you haven't watched, autist
>>
>>22451390
It's an obvious figure of speech, you dolt. Nobody is arguing that Aura is literally Lacus' biological mother or anything of that sort (although that would've made things a lot easier, rather than relying on an unseen character).
The spoilers are clear that there's a whole plot that involves Aura creating Orphee and Lacus so they would rule the world together as husband and wife. Said plot was also the "wish" of Lacus' mother.
>>
>>22450268
Lightning buster is from Thor because his name sounds similar to Tolle which he mocked when he was PoW, saying "yer useless Earthling partner is dead, right?" And almost killed.
>>
File: aura.png (411 KB, 530x530)
411 KB
411 KB PNG
>>22451399
>>22451384
They only shown a photo of someone who look like Lacus but older wearing scientist gown working with Aura(in older body) so
That's why people who watched it said Aura's claims are just a bunch of bs
>>
>>22451384
The ring has a negative meaning in the movie.
She chose to follow her heart (Kira) instead of her destiny (Orphee)
>>
File: Todokalives.jpg (65 KB, 1024x591)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
I guess getting an Anti Ship Sword to the face was just a minor inconvenience
>>
>>22452181
you think a Captain would be demoted down to simple grunt? That's obviously a different character my dude.
>>
File: Todoka14.jpg (48 KB, 1001x549)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>22452576
That's the same outfit he wore in his first appearance on the patrol boat where he lets AA get away in episode 14. And the guy standing next to him is the same guy too.
>>
>>22452181
He's not a ship.
>>
>>22452181
They're really just casually reversing anything of note that happened in Destiny, huh?
>>
>>22452601
>some people still hate Shinn for killing Todaka, so haha Todaka is alive
>how
yes
>>
Have the BD rips of the remastered SEED/Destiny movies come out yet? Is anyone working on them?
>>
>>22452595
>>22452608

Yeah I got nothing on this one. At least Mu we never saw actually die, while Todoka is clearly sliced/blown up when you watch in slow motion.
>>
>>22450244
where the FUCK does the Earth Alliance keep pulling manpower and material from to build and man these fleets?

After Seed and Destiny they shouldn't have ANY manpower left for a decade more at least.
>>
>>22450249
>>22450276

Damn the staff and foundation for blowing this beauty up
>>
>>22452696
There are several potential answers for that.
– an issue of Great Mechanics puts the Earth Alliance's forces at the start of SEED at about 38.5 million men, with over a thousand Drake-class destroyers.
– that fleet is substantially smaller than the one from Destiny. I count 11 ships, whereas >>22450247 has about 40.
– a thread of 2ch (sourced from a magazine??) claims that the EA had ten fleets during the second war, and they only lost three in the various offensives:
>1st Fleet: blasted by Requiem alongside POTAF Copland
>4th Fleet: nuke fleet eliminated with Neutron Stampeder
>8th Mobile Fleet: stationed in Daedalus, Blue Cosmos-affiliated ships destroyed in the ZAFT assault on Requiem. Survivors join up with the Orb forces.
>2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th, 9th and 10th Fleets reported as "unscathed".

My biggest concern is the existence of the "Earth Alliance" itself. The split between Eurasia and the Atlantic Federation over COMPASS and the Blue Cosmos issue should be enough to have splintered it back to each individual superpower, not to mention everything that happened in Destiny.
>>
>>22452755
I think seeing your pic, the more important question is where Orb can have MULTIPLE space fleets and fight ZAFT on equal terms considering their blue water navy has gotten sunk TWO times in the space of 3 years.
>>
>>22452791
They built a fleet of Kusanagi class ships between Seed and Destiny and they were totally untouched before Destiny's finale battle since they didn't participate in any of Orb's battles until that point. Even the Kusanagi itself survived SEED's finale and was repaired and left on the moon until then.
>>
>>22452791
>>22452802
>Orb can have MULTIPLE space fleets
They don't. Their space forces are limited to the Archangel and Eternal plus the three Izumo-class we see in Destiny: Kusanagi, Tsukyomi and Susanoo. The bulk of the fighting is made by their super-duper Gundam force and whatever flak the ZAFT/EA defectors can catch.
>>
I wonder if they're gonna refit one of the Izumo ships for Atomspheric operations and give that to Compass to replace AA. Assuming they keep up their job post Freedom (which is likely because Kira and Lacus admit they'll still have to keep putting out fires in the end)
>>
>>22450349
Natarle...
>>
File: Ckqhct.webm (3.07 MB, 720x580)
3.07 MB
3.07 MB WEBM
>>22452916
Can you believe they repeated her death sequence AGAIN in a flashback in this movie?
>>
>>22452940
One of the things that pisses me off about these flashbacks is that they never show Siegel's death. Uzumi's (utterly pointless) sacrifice was repeated over and over in Destiny, yet the loss of Siegel was even more fundamental for PLANT. Not only his loss meant that a lunatic such as Durandal could become Chairman, but there was also another radical ZAFT leader that made a pact with Foundation to impose the Destiny Plan in the movie.
>>
>>22452947
Might have to do with how brutal and untheatrical his death was. Getting bloodily gunned down isn't quite as noble and dramatic a death as getting devoured by flames or explosions.
>>
>>22452989
Tolle's beheading was also brutal and bloody, but that didn't stop them from adding it to the list.
>>
>>22452947
Might have to do with how Siegel was mostly a plot device for Lacus to be as important as she was (at least till the accord thing) and barely showed up while Uzumi actually met with the protagonists several times. Kira did actually meet with Siegel once but they don't really converse and he mostly just tells Kira he can't get him back to Earth at the moment, and then is mostly just there to take a call from his people about Spitbreak so Kira can overhear it and realize his buddies are probably gonna get killed unless he goes back to help them. So more plot device stuff.
>>
>>22453006
That is because you are focusing on the happenings of the "main cast". Don't. The most interesting parts of the series are where the JV teams and their cheerleaders are completely absent.
>>
>>22453039
That's about 5 minutes of each show. SEED isn't like Wing where a significant amount of time is dedicated to the machinations of Treize while the pretty boys are absent. The adults barely exist in CE.
>>
File: Wing's plot.png (64 KB, 1863x787)
64 KB
64 KB PNG
>>22453047
>SEED isn't like Wing where a significant amount of time is dedicated to the machinations of Treize while the pretty boys are absent
Let me just post this again.
>>
>>22453058
While I don't disagree, doesn't Trieze only die in the second to last episode of the show? At which point everything is mostly resolved except for Heero to have his final duel with Zechs and then save the Earth anyway?
>>
>>22452989
Yeah. Vaporizing by Beam saber is the most humane and fast way to kill in Gundam. "Keep the suit, but pilot should die".
>>
File: IMG_0659.jpg (68 KB, 274x400)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>22450230
Stunning and Brave. Blitz Duel supports trans right.
>>
>>22452591
2 anti ship blades were not enough.
>>
>>22452626
Carbon Todaka? Seed has technology to make Ghola.
>>
I always wondered how EA , ZAFT and ORB are not bankrupt or under massive economic downturn due to all the wars they went through
>>
>>22453124
I think Eurasia is in the middle of one during the movie. Orb has its high-tech autarky and ZAFT has like 50% of the Earth sphere's GDP.
>>
File: IMG_0579.jpg (456 KB, 1200x1200)
456 KB
456 KB JPG
>>22450357
Dearka gets whitewashed in doll.
>>
>>22452181
>>22452591
That's not Todoka because the bangs aren't the same. And the guy on the side isn't the same guy either. It's just same face Hirai acting up where you can only tell difference because of hairstyle or hair color
>>
>>22450272
>>22450275
Hope they include these repair parts as bonus parts for the HGCE by next month. Usually, we get even more stuff when a model kit is about to release within the month.
>>
>>22453066
the duel between Zechs and Heero is pointless, by that point the war is over.
It would've been way better if the final duel was Treize vs Zechs, with both of them sacrificing themselves to destroy the falling Libra.
>>
>>22452181
>>22452591
Anti-Ship Sword not Anti-Personnel Sword
>>
>>22454194
Is Todoka in Movie carbon human?
>>
File: IMG_0695.jpg (26 KB, 739x415)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>22452989
Yeah. In gundam world, Killing with mere gunshot is not honorary way to die, such as Orga's death scene becoming laughstock. And Meer's death scene was mocked as dancing scene.
>>
File: 1220551896626.jpg (92 KB, 400x500)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>22452181
>>22454194
Finally, a reason to post this.
>>
>>22450278
Dumbass that bird is a reference to the ship. The movie is a reference to OG. Another Easter egg.
>>
File: orga party hard.gif (1.47 MB, 387x388)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB GIF
>>22454199
>>
>>22452989
Vaporizing by beam saber is the most humane way to kill in Gundam world(without mobile suit explosion).
>>
>>22452940
At least Stellar has left a cute onahole on death.
>>
>>22450227
Since we're talking about mechanical notes here, what are the loadout differences between the four Rud.ro-A units to warrant potential P-Bandai releases for the other three?
>>
>>22454754
None that I ever saw. They're all basically identical except for some color differences.
>>
>>22450356
>>22450357
>buster and duel
Can't they use better MS?
>>
>>22455701
Sure, but for the sake of sales and wanting to be lazy, they just upgraded them to be better than new grunt MS.
>>
>>22455701
The name of the game seems to be updating MS they already have now instead of building a ton of new ones. I guess they want to limit total production output in universe or something.
>>
>>22455787
What about the new Gelgoog and Gyan? Aren't those already replacing the lineup from Destiny?
>>
Mighty Strike Freedom's lightning. Is it lethal or non lethal?
>>
>>22455787
>>22455812
ZAFT seems to be the only faction pumping out new units like crazy. Orb is still using Murasames, and the EA are still using Daggers.
>>
>>22455984
Orphee's dragoons were only shorted out rather than exploded but they were unmanned
>>
>>22456121
>>22455812
>>22455787
To be fair the last war already showed the flaw of the ZAKU(no flight pack) and the Gouf while being able to fly had a hard to use in built weapon like the GUAIZ.
The GELOOG is a very good weapon and has no nonsense inbuilt weapons. The GYAN looks like nonsense but it's actually good at close combat.
>>
>>22456139
GYAN's shield is a dragoon boomerang too and it has the heat whip too
>>
>>22455984
>Mighty Strike Freedom's lightning. Is it lethal or non lethal?

Orphee's main suit was able to dodge the lightning. But his Dragoons were hit and shorted out like they were hit with an EMP. So probably not lethal. Just disables if it hits.
>>
>>22456158
It seems that G woke has affected seed freedom in some way too. Especially shield funnel.
>>
>>22457018
go back to malding over Bandai not making a PG Sinanju and obsessing over DSP, It'sAGundam
>>
File: IMG_0420.png (652 KB, 657x1280)
652 KB
652 KB PNG
>>22457029
Bandai must make pregnant Shinn Asuka figurise for way more needed and inclusive makeover. Just like Mattel's Pregnant Ken doll.
>>
>>22457088
(Not Avaliable in Korea,China,Russia and Saudi) pregnant cannot actually man.
>>
I really don't understand why people are celebrating Team Kira winning. It's such a ridiculous HOLLOW victory. Why are you people happy?

Let's look at the facts:
1. All Black Knight suits run on batteries. (does not break treaties)

2. They invent a cool new way to deal with beams. Their suits absorb beams and it recharges their batteries.

3. They invented a pseudo-Wings of Light tech with their energy capes. These capes help them keep up with true WoL suits like Strike Freedom and Destiny.

4. They created a practical weapon to defeat Phase shift armor in seconds.

5. Created new strong armor that isn't phase shift related

6. Created new Enhanced Drone technology (similar to Impulse's Drone flyers) that allow remote weapons, MS, and ships to be used in combat.

7. Sure they have mind powers that bring out their enemies fears and anxieties. But it's basically like ECM. It not much different than cheats like Seed mode and Newtype sense that allow you to see the future.

8. Rebuilt and focused the economy of an entire country. Provided prosperity to their citizens AND invented new tech.

9. Fought off repeated invasions from a much larger EA invasion fleet looking to subjugate their country. Not even Orb did this.

Meanwhile let's look at Team Kira:

1. Rebuilds Strike Freedom and enhances it (Breaks Treaty)

2. Gives Strike Freedom Double Nuclear Reactors (Breaks Treaty)

3. Secretly Rebuilds and gives Duel AND Buster their own Nuclear Reactors (Breaks Treaty)

4. Rebuilds Destiny and gives it an upgraded and even more powerful Nuclear Reactor (Breaks Treaty)

5. Enhances Infinite Justice and hides the suit (Breaks Treaty)

6. Develops new weapons that use nuclear reactors to power them (Breaks treaty)

Did they invent new tech that works within the Treaty? No. They just make new Nuclear Weapons of Mass Destruction. How can anyone cheer for Team Kira? Whenever they get challenged, they just bust out Treaty Breaking weapons to force a win. Lame af
>>
>>22457341
Did you really need to post this in 2 threads
>>
>>22457569
ofc, he had to write all that so the effort isn't wasted
>>
>>22457341
>4. They created a practical weapon to defeat Phase shift armor in seconds
I'm surprised phase shift is so weak when backed by a nuclear reactor. We saw that phase shift can even negate beams when it has enough power. I'm surprised a nuclear reactor isn't enough to negate some physical rounds.
>>
>>22457595
It's not. Rising runs on battery and was already at basically no power when Shura hit it with the spike gun to finish it off. Strike Freedom just gets pummeled from all ends for a while before it overheats and Shura only tries it again when the PS had already failed. This guy is just way overhyping the Foundation MS for some reason.
>>
>>22457610
Shinn in Impulse Gundam stabbed through Freedom's shield and phase shifted body with an Anti-ship physical sword. A sword that was only powered by a battery. So it has much weaker output than Destiny
>>
>>22457620
It reminded me of TLOU2's scene where Abby golfs Joel. Shinn's impulse Golfs Kira's freedom with large blade.
>>
>>22457620
The sword can generate a beam tip specifically so that scene would work.
>>
>>22457029
>Channel is called It'sAGundam
>Barely any Gundam videos, just culture-war bullshit
>>
>>22458102
He has another channel dedicated to gunpla
>>
>>22454907
All the more reason to just add the color-changed parts as identical runners in their image colors. Otherwise there will be unrest.
>>
Has it ever been confirmed that the Destroys are nuclear powered?
>>
>>22458275
Nope. It would make the most sense and it's not like the EA didn't have the industry to mass produce NJCs, but they didn't care enough to bother with that type of detail, I guess.
>>
File: 1000[1].jpg (244 KB, 1000x1353)
244 KB
244 KB JPG
>>22458507
>>22458275
N Dagger N is powered by a nuclear reactor with a neutron jammer canceller, so Destroy Gundam might get retconned to have one too.
>>
Is Lacus virgin?
>>
File: g8VmEfC.jpg (109 KB, 622x720)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>22450227
Reminder
>>
>>22458530
It wouldn't really be a retcon if it's never been confirmed what powers it one way or the other. Honestly it's the only thing that makes sense given how fucking massive and laden with energy weapons it is.

Side note but fuck I love the N Dagger N so much. All blitz gundam variants really.
>>
So rising freedom is just a weaker strike freedom with no funnel but the ability to transform?
>>
>>22459838
Think of it as a weaker Freedom (battery powered). Otherwise it’s just as well armed and mobile as Freedom was.
>>
>>22459838
>So rising freedom is just a weaker strike freedom with no funnel but the ability to transform?

Rising Freedom is a weaker Original Freedom Gundam. Its not nuclear and runs on battery. The small databook info that's been released so far says Rising Freedom is based on the Murasame frame with some upgrades.

So it's basically an upgraded Murasame with a Freedom helmet.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (79 KB, 600x342)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>22459818
This OSGK is 114514 times cuter than Suletta.
>>
>>22459819
a Blitz Impulse would work as an homage to the Victory or V2
>>
>>22460933
There's already a V2 homage in CE.
>>
>>22460992
I can't tell if this was drawn by Okawara or Akutsu
>>
>>22460992
why cannot gundam have physical longsword like this? Similar thing to mazinger blade.
>>
>>22460992
Any other gundam with Western longsword like physical sword as melee weapon? (Must be double edged) It will break Gerbera straight in ease.
>>
>>22458275
>Has it ever been confirmed that the Destroys are nuclear powered?
It's battery powered. Multiple batteries.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (135 KB, 1920x1080)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
>>22450340
>>22452181
Is this a spacesuit effect or has Cagalli actually grown breasts?
>>
File: 1707587504923.png (432 KB, 1384x910)
432 KB
432 KB PNG
>>22457341
>does not break treaties
>Breaks Treaty
>Breaks Treaty
>Breaks Treaty
>Breaks Treaty
>Breaks Treaty
>Did they invent new tech that works within the Treaty? No
You are being annoying. The Treaty of Junius stopped being a relevant thing after the second war broke out, and there wasn't a new one negotiated after that ended. It's like worrying about the Washington Naval Treaty in the context of WWII.

>8. Rebuilt and focused the economy of an entire country. Provided prosperity to their citizens AND invented new tech.
Only if you are a Coordinator. Naturals are no better than serfs in Foundation. Also, they sacrificed this country as soon as they put their plan into action.

>9. Fought off repeated invasions from a much larger EA invasion fleet looking to subjugate their country. Not even Orb did this.
Because, unlike Orb, they had ZAFT helping them.
>>
>>22462365
The fatal flaw of your argument is that if the Treaty is not in effect, then every mobile suit and mobile armor can be equipped with N-Jammers and use nuclear power. Blue Cosmos would be flinging nukes at anyone who opposes them. Kira and Team Lacus wouldn't be able to do anything about it. Especially with multiple nuclear conflicts happening across the globe.
>>
>>22462365
If Fukuda says Seed Astray isn't canon, then this novel isn't canon either.
>>
>>22450244
What was their role in the movie anyway?
>>
>>22462493
To be Requiem'd...again. The EA's been an afterthought in the Seed universe since the second half of Destiny.
>>
>>22462414
>Blue Cosmos would be flinging nukes at anyone who opposes them.
This is exactly what happened in Destiny, with the treaty still in force. The difference is that, by the time of the movie's events, Blue Cosmos is a spent force, capable of small-scale attacks with whatever mobile suits they can scrounge and the support of their Eurasian patrons. Their Destroys aren't even fully functional: do you think they can have the capability to be lobbing nukes? They're basically ISIS at that stage.
Also, a treaty doesn't count for much unless there's some mechanism to enforce it.

>then every mobile suit and mobile armor can be equipped with N-Jammers and use nuclear power.
The Earth Alliance was capable of fielding a significant number of Destroys, and you can't tell me those behemoths weren't nuclear-powered. I think the issue was that manufacturing an NJC and reactor for each mobile suit was diminishing returns against conventional batteries. If a Windam or ZAKU can perform just "fine" as it is, what's the benefit of adding a nuclear reactor to it?
Especially for the Earth Alliance: their MAs require three pilots, Destroys can only be used by an Extended and the Aile Calamity was deemed too complex for Natural pilots. Even if the EA could mass-produce a Freedom-equivalent, the pool of pilots is tiny to non-existent.
>>
>>22462421
The novel was written by the movie's co-writer. Pretty much all of it is a direct adaptation of the events and dialogue from the film, which are backed up by the leaked spoilers.
>>
>>22462365
Wait where is the novel at?
>>
>>22462625
>This is exactly what happened in Destiny, with the treaty still in force.
ZAFT barely survived the nuke attack because of

1. the neutron stampeder. A single use defensive weapon. Zaft didn't have another. They even said that if the EA attacked again they wouldn't be able to stop it.

2. EA decided to launch nukes from one direction only for some reason.

>do you think they can have the capability to be lobbing nukes?

Yes. Nukes can be made in the tens of thousands units. It's probably the easier to make than a whole mobile suit. EA has a massive stockpile of them collecting dust.
>>
>>22462661
https://www.zeonic-republic.net/translation/freedom_ch02.pdf
>>
>>22462669
Thanks anon
>>
>>22462665
>Zaft didn't have another. They even said that if the EA attacked again they wouldn't be able to stop it.
What? No. The dialogue says that it's a single-use system and that they can't count with the element of surprise again, not that they don't have another system.

>EA decided to launch nukes from one direction only for some reason.
They did that because the main fleet was busy distracting ZAFT's forces.

>It's probably the easier to make than a whole mobile suit.
I don't think so. Other materials point out that the EA could build thousands of Windams in a matter of weeks.

>Yes. Nukes can be made in the tens of thousands units.
>EA has a massive stockpile of them collecting dust.
How do you know that? If they had such a stockpile, why Djibril only tried to send the nuclear fleet just once?

Your argument is that the only thing that's stopping Blue Cosmos from using nukes is that there's a treaty that prohibits its use. How does that work?
>>
>>22462414
>Blue Cosmos would be flinging nukes at anyone who opposes them.

Blue Cosmos would be doing that anyway if they could, they're an active terrorist organization now that aren't secretly part of EA anymore, they're out in the open. A treaty wouldn't stop them, they're carrying out random terrorist attacks now. They're already breaking laws.
>>
>>22462646
Tomino wrote a bunch of Gundam novels too, but none of them are canon. Bandai has made it clear repeatedly that only animated shows count as canon.
>>
>>22462625
>Destroys, and you can't tell me those behemoths weren't nuclear-powered.

Different anon here but I say considering they dont explode in a massive nuclear fireball when they are destroyed (hehe) I would say they arent nuclear powered. Plus Shinn and Kira did not care one bit about hitting any possible nuclear reactor on Destroy. So it probably doesnt have one
>>
>>22462765
You stubborn motherfucker. The thing about Athrun discovering that Foundation was a Destiny Plan tyranny, with Naturals being second-class, is in the fucking movie too. That is the only thing that matters.
The argument about canonicity is insubstantial here. The novel is as close as we are going to get before we get a home video release.
>>
>>22462922
Bandai says novels are not canon. The one who is being stubborn here is you. What you're doing is the equivalent of bringing up Tomino's Char's Counterattack novels where Amuro loses to Char and is much weaker than him. And trying to use that novel in an argument about the movie. You know I'm right.
>>
>>22462957
> is the equivalent of bringing up Tomino's Char's Counterattack novels where Amuro loses to Char and is much weaker than him
No, because that contradicts the movie's events. The example I'm bringing up doesn't.

>And trying to use that novel in an argument about the movie.
Because these events from the novel also happen in the movie 1:1.

In any case, none of that fucking matters. What is relevant here is that the MOVIE shows that Foundation is a shithole under the iron rule of the Destiny Plan. Spoilers on Twitter prove it:
https://twitter.com/fukuda320/status/1757420079221030920
https://twitter.com/Rojime_FT/status/1758083414325129710
>>
>>22463707
You don't get to pick and choose which novels are canon and which aren't. Just like how Director Fukuda pissed off some fans by saying Seed Astray manga and any novels isn't canon. Novels and Mangaare all non-canon regardless of what you say. Only anime counts. That's the golden rule.

>Because these events from the novel also happen in the movie 1:1.
Explain how would you know this if you haven't seen the movie?
>>
>>22463778
>Explain how would you know this if you haven't seen the movie?
He hasn't seen the movie. He's using the novels as a substitute in discussions.
>>
>>22463778
Listen, you annoying twat. Nobody is arguing that the novel is "canon" except you. What's the point of this, anyway? I am not interested in this discussion.
The only thing that matters is what I have explained already: Athrun, working for Terminal, figures out that Foundation's "prosperity" is a complete sham. And then Aura and the Black Knights destroy the whole place anyway.

>Explain how would you know this if you haven't seen the movie?
Again, the spoilers on Twitter prove it to be the case. Or you are going to dispute that? Here, have another one:
https://twitter.com/anitama_sisters/status/1753183638752289051
>>
>>22462803
That honestly makes sense, it's something I never realized before. But if the Destroys aren't nuclear powered, then the EA have really really efficient power batteries. They were never shown once to be close to running out of power despite all the energy weapons, phase shift, and energy defenses. When you see what the Destroys are capable of (ignoring plot armor from protagonists), what reason does anyone need a nuclear powered mobile suit? Just use ab energy battery or two.
>>
>>22463852
They're probably running off whatever completely not-thought-through thing is powering the ships.
>>
>>22458275
>>22458530
>>22461537
>>22462625
>The Earth Alliance was capable of fielding a significant number of Destroys, and you can't tell me those behemoths weren't nuclear-powered.

I'm not trying to insult the Seed Fandom in these threads but...are you people blind or willfully ignorant? How is this even a question??

I only casually watched Seed and Seed Destiny recently. It was made ABUNDANTLY clear that the Destroys aren't nuclear powered.

We know from the dialogue of the anime that ships like the Archangel aren't nuclear powered. They burn actual fuel for their reactors/generators in order to provide power to their engines, weapon systems, life support, etc. The Archangel had actual fuel tanks, and they had to periodically refuel their fuel tanks. And even get more ammunition.

Mobile Armors like Destroy and such use the same system as ships. Huge reactors that burn actual fuel to power their systems. That's why Destroy, Zamza-zah, etc are so MASSIVE. They have to be in order to carry those huge ass fuel tanks and battle ship grade reactors/generators. It also doesn't violate the Treaty either since it's not nuclear powered.

>>22462803
>Different anon here but I say considering they dont explode in a massive nuclear fireball when they are destroyed (hehe) I would say they arent nuclear powered. Plus Shinn and Kira did not care one bit about hitting any possible nuclear reactor on Destroy. So it probably doesnt have one

Exactly. Freedom Gundam went into a semi-nuclear explosion when Shinn stabbed the reactor in his suicide charge. Kira stopped the explosion by hitting the N-Jammers cut off switch. This made the nuclear explosion fizzle out. Impulse was still heavily damaged but Shinn survived. Freedom goes nuclear when the reactor is hit but every other mobile armor just explodes normally and crashes. If they had nuclear reactors then Shinn would have hit the reactor when he was slicing them up with his sword.
>>
>>22463886
>>22463919
Nope. I don't buy it. Destroy casually blocks Freedom Gundams blasts like it's nothing. Freedom is nuclear power. Destroy blocks bombardments from the entire ZAFT army. Zero effort. And direct hits from the Archangel main cannons. No way a normal ship reactor can provide that kind of defense power. Must be nuclear powered.
>>
File: 1693238152930.jpg (217 KB, 1920x1080)
217 KB
217 KB JPG
>>22463919
>They burn actual fuel for their reactors/generators in order to provide power to their engines, weapon systems, life support, etc.
>Huge reactors that burn actual fuel to power their systems.
What is "actual fuel", according to you? Bunker oil?

Snarkiness aside, the closest there's to an answer comes from the old SEED website by setting writer Morita:
>だけど、SEED世界の未来史では、「核融合発電は実用化に失敗」していてね。Nジャマーの影響下では、宇宙船の推進用レーザー核融合パルス推進だけが唯一、可能なわけ。
>However, in the future history of the SEED world, "Nuclear fusion power generation has failed to be put into practical use." Under the influence of the N-Jammer, only laser fusion pulse propulsion for spacecraft is possible.
This is the same basic principle that the National Ignition Facility uses for its research: fire lasers at a deuterium/tritium pellet, triggering fusion and use it to push the spacecraft around in an open rocket nozzle. The problem here is that this only gives you THRUST (that's the "pulse" part of it), not electricity. Otherwise, you have a workable fusion reactor that can be used anywhere, which are already established to not exist.

>It also doesn't violate the Treaty either since it's not nuclear powered.
Again with the treaty nonsense. It stopped being relevant after the second war broke out, dumbass. If Blue Cosmos didn't give a rat's ass about the treaty when they tried to nuke the PLANTs for the second time, why would they bother to follow it for the Destroy's powerplant? Also, the Archangel was developed way before it.
>>
File: 1681110158990.jpg (267 KB, 1636x1080)
267 KB
267 KB JPG
>>22463960
>What is "actual fuel", according to you? Bunker oil?
Your clearly don't remember Season 1 of Seed. Go back and rewatch it properly. We see they use fuel tanks on screen to power their systems.

>The problem here is that this only gives you THRUST
Bless your heart. Anon...using fuel to power your engines and ship systems isn't a new idea.

This dates back to World War 2 and even earlier. Consume fuel for your engines and electrical turbine generators, and now you have power for the ship. Same idea for the Archangel but using whatever consumable "future fuel" they have available.
>>
>>22463953
>>22464004
We know Strike Freedom Gundam has both nuclear reactors and supplementary electrical generators scattered throughout its body. That's why it was able to outlast Destiny Gundam in an extended duel. Maybe Destroy Gundam has multiple power sources too? It has the space for it.
>>
File: Reactor2_ns.jpg (123 KB, 900x402)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>22463960
>>22464004
NTA but as long as the reaction produces heat, you can harness it and convert it into different form of energy. Complaining that the laser pulse engines can only produce thrust is like complaining that nuclear reactors only produce warmth and radiation. Both a nuclear reactor and a laser pulse system could produce electricity by using the reaction to heat fluid and run it through a turbine to generate electricity.
>>
>>22464442
>NTA but as long as the reaction produces heat, you can harness it and convert it into different form of energy.
>heat fluid and run it through a turbine
That doesn't work in space. Thermodynamics 101 says that heat by itself can't be converted into anything. You can use the temperature difference to run a turbine, but the heat has to go somewhere.

Think of it like running a mill from a waterfall. The water is the mechanism with which you can harness a difference in potential energy from the top to the bottom (derived from gravity) and spin the wheel. You can't "turn water into energy" any more that you can't turn "heat into electricity". Both have the same quantity at the end of the cycle.
>>
>>22464750
In the diagram there's a cooling tower since that's for a civilian nuclear power plant on Earth, but in space they'll have to use coolant systems and run it to some sort of heatsink like radiator fins.
>>
I always wondered why some of the most advanced warship in CE were never equip with Phase Shift Armor could you imagine the Archangel , Dominion , Eternal , Kusanagi and the Minerva were equipped with PSA
>>
>>22464829
That's probably way too much of a power drain to cover a whole ship in it unless they've got a serious power plant on board.
>>
>>22463953
Destroy has defensive shielding, it's not doing that through pure PS alone.
>>
File: laminated armor 1.webm (3.59 MB, 1600x900)
3.59 MB
3.59 MB WEBM
>>22464829
Archangel has laminated armor which is effective against beams, but not the Eternal, Kusanagi, or Minerva though. It was used along with the anti-beam chaff to let them survive enemy attacks with beam weapons a bunch of times.
>>
File: laminated armor 2.webm (3.56 MB, 960x540)
3.56 MB
3.56 MB WEBM
>>22464883
>>22464829
A mobile suit sized beam rifle couldn't get through the Archangel's laminated armor with repeated hits, although laminated armor was apparently in danger of exploding if it absorbed too much energy and the temperature got too high.

>>22464851
The energy shielding is also a power drain, isn't it?
>>
File: discovery2a.jpg (60 KB, 510x890)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>22464806
>but in space they'll have to use coolant systems and run it to some sort of heatsink like radiator fins.
Correct, and you know how big those radiators have to be in a fusion rocket?
And yes, I am aware that 99% of science fiction ignores thermodynamics completely.
>>
File: GGajgNvXEAAIJo4.jpg (486 KB, 2560x1440)
486 KB
486 KB JPG
Duel Blitz with its right shoulder cannon equipped.
>>
I like this movie, but having Akatsuki be able to deflect a full power Requiem blast was too much for me. Deflecting Lohengrin was already pushing it for me for believability. And there were no negative effects on Akatsuki deflecting Requiem either. No scorched armor, no battery drain, nothing.

At minimum, I could MAYBE believe it if Akatsuki had some sort of extra equipment to do deflect requiem. Like if Akatsuki had a mobile armor attachment like Meteor with Yata Reflection Coating on it.

But a naked Akatsuki deflecting Requiem? Nooo....too much.
>>
>>22465041
...that shoulder gimmick is really anticlimatic, to say the least.
>>
>>22465041
Why did Yzak even have the Duel include parts of the Blitz? He didn't even seem that close to Nicol.
>>
>>22465041
It's also firing missiles from the left shoulder
>>
>>22463778
Anon, there's a difference between a novel that's tells a separate side story, and a novel that basically has the whole screenplay of a movie. It's for the purpose of " if you can't watch the movie, you can read this novel and experience the same story". You clearly don't seem to get that.
>>
>>22465233
>novel that basically has the whole screenplay of a movie.
How would you know that if you haven't seen the movie? Admit. It. You haven't seen the movie. So stop this nonsense.
>>
>>22465041
>>22465212
So they're refined versions of the original Assault Shroud equipment, the former having the railgun and the latter the missile pod, albeit done with a symmetrical form. The additional Blitz weapons in the arms are more for sentimental value more than anything (the left arm having a unique designed Gleipnir and the right arm having a Lancer Dart launcher, since the backpack should still have the beam sabers and maybe still wield the original beam rifle, which is omitted due to getting the memo that the Foundation's MS use Femtek Armor).

By the way...
https://twitter.com/ramunetubu/status/1758326638985785441?t=8wdFjjJUD0EKrWJpa-gSsg&s=19
>>
>>22465233
>Even though Bandai says it's not canon, my specific novel is canon because I *need* it to be in order to win this specific internet argument
You're just as bad as Hathawayfags who insist their novel is canon to the movie. Despite the differences between the book and movie. Like changing the ethnicity of HALF the cast members for the movie. Kenneth's ethnicity being changed from White British guy to a brown Mexican/Latino dude. And changing the middle eastern character into a young oriental Asian man...even though he still keeps his middle eastern name.

No respect at all for Tomino's original work but whatever I guess. I don't care much about Hathaway. But this is *why* Bandai says Novels and Manga are NOT canon. The only true canon is whatever is animated on TV and movies. So just let your novel argument go and move on.
>>
Just forget it. Clearly this fuckstick is just going to keep going "Novels aren't cannon and I won't believe anyone's actually seen the movie" until the movie is actually viewable at which point they'll probably just come up with another reason why they're still right. And if this is the same guy insisting Foundation are actually the good guys even though their head is an actual attempted rapist that nukes his own people I'm pretty sure he's just a troll anyway.
>>
Opinion: Since Heinlein is said to be the designer of the Freedom, Justice, and their successor machines, do you think the Strike Freedom and Infinite Justice's designs were not stolen at all, just Lacus basically poaching him from ZAFT to join Terminal and continue from there?
>>
>>22465522
Dude the other poster is ultimately right. Take the L and stop being cringe
>>
Is there any info on Orphee's MS?
>>
>>22465536
I'm saving this thread. I expect an apology from everyone when the blu ray drops and the movie is exactly like the novel just like the anons who saw the film said it was.
>>
>>22465551
What is wrong with you? No Gundam anime is ever 100% faithful to manga or novel. There are always differences. You sound unhinged
>>
>>22465522

Who are you even arguing against anymore?

Studio Sunrise themselves have said supplementary books aren't official. Just fun things for the fans to enjoy.

There's nothing else to be said.
>>
>>22465550
Just from what we got from the website and mini booklet (the latter explaining its DRAGOONs).
>>
>>22465522
People like you are the reason why we have almost 5 different versions of how Strike Freedom was created.
>>
>>22465416
Amuro dies
just like in the novel
so it's canon
>>
As long as you guys can agree that Astray isn't canon anymore and wasn't very interesting in the first place then it's fine.
>>
>>22465536
>>22465564
>>22465557
What's this argument about? We have footage of Foundation nuking themselves. Who fucking cares about "prosperity" when this shit happens?
>>
Where the hell can I watch it? Googles turning up nothing
>>
>>22466467
>Where the hell can I watch it?
At a movie theatre in Japan.
>>
>>22466450
One anon is obsessed with the non-canon novel because he hasn't seen the movie.
>>
>>22466497
One anon keeps trying to refute shit just because it's from the novel eventhough it obviously also happened in the movie
>>
>>22466450
>>22466505
Samefagging obsessed anon woke up from his nap.

Why can't you just enjoy your novel yourself...without shoving it down the rest of our throats?

We don't care if you think the novel should be canon and Bandai is wrong.

Go make a YouTube video about it.
>>
>>22466519
>We don't care if you think the novel should be canon and Bandai is wrong.
NOBODY HAS FUCKING SAID THIS. Stop lying. The only thing that matters is the events of the movie, or you are going to argue that as well?
>>
>>22466519
Nobody is shoving anything down your throat.

If you don't want to have this argument, leave. Otherwise, your continued shitposting in this thread is just inane trolling for the sake of it.
>>
>>22466529
Go away Wackymodder84. Your autism has no power here.
>>
>>22466543
>Wackymodder84
THAT is what is going on? You are obsessed with some YouTard e-celeb?
How fucking delusional are you?
>>
>>22466529
Novels = fanfiction

So stop bringing it up like it matters.

Enjoy it for yourself.

The rest of us are waiting for the real Seed movie to be released
>>
>>22466497
>One anon is obsessed with the non-canon novel because he hasn't seen the movie.
He's desperately reading the novel and trying to correct us in threads by posting novel pages.
>>
>>22466586
>correct us
Correct what, exactly? It's precisely what happens in the movie. The Twitter spoilers confirm it. That is what we are arguing here.
If you want to dispute that, be my guest, but stop it with your "no, don't post the novel" chimpout.
>>
>>22466529
>>22466533
samefagging is obvious.
>>
>>22466600
>It's precisely what happens in the movie.
How would you know if you haven't seen the movie?

Answer.
>>
>>22466720
Are you genuinely suggesting all the nips are engaged in a massive conspiracy to lie online about what happens in the movie?
>>
File: B0RxjdqCAAAyCrC.jpg (38 KB, 500x348)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>22466877
Anon, don't bother. That guy is a committed agnostic troll: "if it can't be known for certain, then it is not true and ought to be rejected". His MO is to "just ask questions" and be an all around pest.
>>
>>22466877
Answer the question
>>
>>22466877
Obviously a summary doesn't replace actually seeing the movie for yourself.
>>
File: Fake Doctor Peppers.jpg (1.02 MB, 2048x1357)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB JPG
>>22466909
See what I mean. >>22466877? His arrogant petulance is almost charming.
>>
>>22466600
>muh twitter!
>muh novel!
We don't care. Just wait for the BD to come out or more video leaks.
>>
>>22466877
>>22466904
>>22466920
Really pathetic samefagging
>>
>>22466953
>We
Stop it with the endless lies. Just say (You).

>muh
And stop using retarded buzzwords.

Leave this thread if the only thing you are going to do is to be annoying for no reason.
>>
>>22466529
>1. You cant read or speak Japanese. You use Google translate.
>2. You havent seen the Seed movie
>3. Banrise says novels are not canon
Cope and seethe
>>
Okay from reading through all these garbage posts basically everyone are debating technology and one anon wants to use the novel as proof and other people do not accept the novel because it is questionable csnon? So that one tjkng started all this shit posting? Okay Does anyone else have proof outside of the novel then? Post specs from the databooks if it's such a problem.
>>
>>22466993
what databook
>>
>>22466993
There are no databooks for Freedom yet. Just a handful of movie pamphlets.

>everyone are debating technology
No, the substance of the debate is about >>22457341 claiming that Foundation provided "prosperity to its people", when in reality it's a techno-autocracy where Coordinators reap success and Naturals are a lower caste. And, to top it all off, they fire a nuke at their own city.
Then this other guy comes and makes a huge stink about it because the best source we have yet (other than Twitter chatter) is the novel.
>>
>>22466993
It's just one guy trying to insist that Foundation is actually great and the good guys and that all evidence to the contrary doesn't count because the novel isn't canon and that's the main source of info. Anyone from Japan that's actually seen and film and confirming the novel is basically 1 to 1 accurate to the film and the negative stuff about Foundation is also in the film proper anyway is being shot down as not having actually seen the film. So either this guy is a troll or just another idiot that will refuse to accept anything that conflicts with his head canon.

Another guy possibly the same insists the plot point about SF being hijacked is also not canon because it's mentioned in the novel even though that's also confirmed in the film and Fukuda even tweeted he wants to do an OVA about that bit.
>>
>>22466720
Because I've seen the movie and these guys are right?
>>
>>22466565
Given the ridiculous stuff you've been constantly spouting even when the movie is out you are probably going to insist it somehow still isn't canon.
>>
>>22467367
You have no argument.

There's not even anything to argue about.

Bandai says novels aren't canon.

What is your counter to that?
>>
>>22467356
>It's just one guy trying to insist that Foundation is actually great and the good guys and that all evidence to the contrary doesn't count
I wonder if this is the same retard that was spewing this nonsense a few threads ago:
>>22457723
>>22457762
>>22457790
>>22457848
The treaty was broken the second the Earth Alliance decided to send their fleet of new Windams to nuke the PLANTs. They drew first blood. The Junius Treaty is not a factor whatsoever in the movie or its technology by any party.

>>22457716
>It a laser that's only dangerous because of the beam bending technology that the EA invented.
Military use of Mirage Colloid in any way was also restricted by the Junius Treaty, and it is also broken several times by all parties, starting with the Girty Lue.
Look, pal, I detest Kira, Lacus and their coop of lobotomized hens as much as you do, but that does not give you the right to lie about things.
>>
File: srbx0byg0gv01.jpg (197 KB, 1176x891)
197 KB
197 KB JPG
>>22467394
>What is your counter to that?
Our counter is this >>22467359
Now shut the fuck up and get the fuck out of this thread, you worthless shitposting vermin. Go be an agnostic pest somewhere else.
>>
>>22467356
>Fukuda even tweeted he
F*ck Fukuda. He said Seed Astray isn't canon. Astray is awesome. I dun give af what he says. He can eat a d*ck.
>>
>>22467409
>F*ck
>d*ck
Leave this place.
>>
>>22467394
>Bandai says novels aren't canon.
While I Iove a lot of Gundam manga and novels, I have to respect what Bandai says here. I like Beltorchika's children a lot more than the Char's Counterattack film, but I accept that BC isn't canon. If you are going to make a rule, then it needs to fairly applied to everything including this Seed movie. So yeah, even if the Seed novel lines up 100% with the Seed film (no one has provided any evidence it does) with zero errors, then it still doesnt matter. Bandai says it not canon. They own the copyright and therefore they set the rules.
>>
>>22467359
>Because I've seen the movie and these guys are right?
Let's see a picture of your ticket and novel then.

>>22467356
>>22467367
>>22467398
>>22467403
>>22467410
samefag
>>
File: FSKmQBaVUAAik7c.png (879 KB, 750x647)
879 KB
879 KB PNG
>>22467425
>So yeah, even if the Seed novel lines up 100% with the Seed film with zero errors, then it still doesn't matter
If it were identical to the movie, then how would it not be relevant? Are you aware how utterly stupid you sound right now? Your nonsense is like arguing like a character out of a Borges story.
I really would rather talk about how ridiculously evil Foundation is, rather than this endless circling around of "canon" this and "canon" that.

>no one has provided any evidence it does
Again with this agnostic crap...
>>
File: ms03.png (1.09 MB, 1380x1190)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB PNG
>>22467409
>He said Seed Astray isn't canon.
Since they don't have their own anime, then YES, they are not canon. And thank God, because they overwhelmed the SEED universe, which was not the most developed anyway, with a huge amount of plot and lore garbage.

If they restarted the G-SEED anime based on the manga "SEED Re:", it would have corrected the universal nonsense quite well, but not Astray
>>
>>22466519
>>22466620
>>22466960
>>22467434
Your obsession with calling people "samefag" proves you have no argument. How is it relevant the number of people that are telling you to fuck off? If it counts for anything, >>22467356, >>22467367, >>22466877, >>22466505 are not mine.
>>
>>22467440
>If they restarted the G-SEED anime based on the manga "SEED Re:", it would have corrected the universal nonsense quite well
How come? SEED Re: is just a retelling of the anime with minimum changes, apart from some garish mecha upgrades. It has pretty much all the issues with the setting that have been debated to hell and back.
>>
>>22467452
>apart from some garish mecha upgrades.
At least this. Because such an obvious lag of ZAFT in technology - compare GINN vs 5 Gundams - against the backdrop of the setting looks downright delusional.
>>
>>22467403
>>22467356
>it's mentioned in the novel even though that's also confirmed in the film and Fukuda even tweeted he wants to do an OVA about that bit.

You are not answering a direct question.

You are side stepping it.

Bandai says ALL novels and manga are non-canon.

Bandai's authority supercedes whatever Fukuda posts on Twitter.

Just like how Bandai supercedes Tomino's words whenever he goes on a rant in an interview.
>>
>>22467494
>EVEN THOUGH THAT'S ALSO CONFIRMED IN THE FILM
Do you even read the shit you quote?
At this stage, you are just arguing with people for the sake of it. I'd rather have Duel or the bikini schizo instead of you.
>>
>>22467494
>supercedes
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/supercede
>>
Question for the Millennium, where's the ship keep it's Tannhausers? They under the catapults, or elsewhere?
>>
File: file.png (1.69 MB, 720x1586)
1.69 MB
1.69 MB PNG
>>22467539
Upper bow. It's a single muzzle that can fire four independent beams.
>>
>>22467546
Oh... holy shit, TY for that bit of clarification
>>
>>22457088
>>22459818
>>22460072
Can somebody explain Shinn's sissification?
>>
Hey fuckstick. Will you just admit the Foundation are the bad guys already? This entire thread is complete cancer now thanks to you.
>>
>>22467568
Shinn does not exist. He's not canon because he's mentioned in the novel and everything in the novel isn't real and can't happen.
>>
>>22467571
No, you don't understand! Foundation rebuilt and focused the economy of their entire country and gave prosperity to its citizens (as long as they are Coordinators!).
Also, they never broke the treaty that was forgotten, discarded and were never a part of. Unlike the corrupt and "lame af" Team Lacus, that just burst out Treaty Breaking Weapons of Mass Destruction to force a win.
>>
File: ZiLA25g.gif (15 KB, 646x484)
15 KB
15 KB GIF
>>22467595
>Foundation rebuilt and focused the economy of their entire country and gave prosperity to its citizens (as long as they are Coordinators!).
They really went pic related
>>
>>22467595
Uh huh... then explain why the Foundation people purpose-built weapons to take out Compass first, and even went out of their way to try and destroy the original Strike Freedom. They even went and secretly restored the Requiem fortress.
>>
>>22467500

It does not matter whether it matches or not.

You aren't getting it.

Bandai says it's not canon.

Therefore the novel is its own thing regardless of matching
>>
I was curious why this thread kept getting bumped. I thought some new tech info came out, but instead everyone is arguing about canon. I'm not reading through 200 posts. AFAIK all Gundam manga, novels, games, etc aren't canon. It's been that way forever. Has anything been announced about the Seed novel giving it special status?
>>
>>22467623
So far, just a troll saying that Foundation's the heroes of SEED Freedom, aside from a minor bit of a question about the Millennium
>>
>>22467623
>Has anything been announced about the Seed novel giving it special status?

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Anon wants us to accept a non-canon novel because he's mad he can't use it as evidence to win an internet argument. So he's gone on a samefag angry rant for the last 50 posts.
>>
>>22467623
It's some guy spamming that if something happened in the movie also happened in the book, then none of it's canon. Also that none of the clips seen so far can be trusted. He doesn't want anyone discussing the movie. Probably a G-Witch spiteknight trying to kill the hype.
>>
>>22467623
>Has anything been announced about the Seed novel giving it special status?
The only thing about it is that Zeonic released a translation of the early chapters, and the plot and dialogue overall matches up with the spoilers and leaked clips from the movie.
Our agnostic friend goes into a chimpout about canon whenever someone brings it up. In all likelihood, it is the same person that thinks Foundation are the heroes because he really, *REALLY* hates the "Lacus Team" and can only resort to lie about things and bring up a discarded treaty to get a win.
>>
>>22467608
>Uh huh... then explain why the Foundation people purpose-built weapons to take out Compass first, and even went out of their way to try and destroy the original Strike Freedom. They even went and secretly restored the Requiem fortress.
In case you didn't get it, I was being sarcastic about the arguments by this numbnuts here: >>22457341/>>22456605
>>
>>22467631
>Short answer: No.
Thanks. All I needed to hear.

>Long answer:
Not reading and don't care.
>>
>>22467608
>even went out of their way to try and destroy the original Strike Freedom.
Technically, the novel never confirms if it's Strike Freedom. It only says Freedom. We can assume it is, but the story works the same way if it's Rising Freedom.
>>
I read the novel and saw the movie. I already found 2 plot holes and issues between the novel and Seed movie which doesn't make sense if both are supposed to be aligned. I'm curious if anyone else has spotted other issues.
>>
>>22468353
The people who saw the movie confirmed in the flashback it's Strike Freedom, though whether its the original from Destiny or the MK2 here was impossible to tell without being to able to freeze and compare to lineart due to how similar they look.
>>
>>22468464
>>22468353
It is the original spec. Type II is its designation after being recovered and repaired in the wake of the theft incident.
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/フリーダムガンダム#ストライクフリーダムガンダム弐式
>>
>>22467623
No it's just that this one guy keeps trying to push that his headcanon is correct because the only things against it is word of mouth from people that have seen the movie (which he refuses to believe) or the novel which he insists is wrong because "novels aren't canon" even though it's basically 1 to 1 of the film and anons have confirmed the stuff in the novel that goes against his headcanon is also in the film. I assume he's just trying to bury this all with nonsense so that by the time the majority of the thread can actually watch the film and see irrefutable proof that he's wrong, everyone will have forgotten or be too annoyed to want to bring it back up.
>>
>>22468464
>The people who saw the movie confirmed in the flashback it's Strike Freedom
I'm not interested in hearsay. I've heard conflicting movie reports that go against what you just said. So I want direct evidence.
>>
>>22468460
That's not important. The important part is if the movie shows that Foundation are the bad guys and if the Freedom hijack thing is mentioned and show in the film. That is literally all everyone arguing against this guy cares about.
>>
>>22468488
You're not going to get that until a full camrip is out or the blu ray is.
>>
>>22468464
>confirmed in the flashback it's Strike Freedom
Calling it a "flashback" is a massive stretch. Kira acting surprised at Strike Freedom being there can be interpreted a lot of ways.
>>
>>22468480
I think you are placing too much emphasis on the novel. It's nice that you like it but remember the director doesn't have to follow exactly what the writer of the novel did. Just like how Hathaway director didn't follow the novel exactly either.
>>
>>22468488
>>22468464
>>22468496
"Strike Freedom" (original), "Strike Freedom Type II" and "Mighty Strike Freedom" are the same one machine chassis, with different designations as it has been upgraded and repaired. In fact, "Mighty" is just a fancy name for the Type II when it has the Proud Defender attached.
An identical situation happens with Exia and Exia Repair I to IV: they are not "distinct" individual machines, but iterations built on one frame.
>>
>>22468515
Not really, because the SF and SFII have visual differences, with the SFII storing its beam Sabers above the Railgun assembly as opposed to its side. and the shoulder parts are different. Legs are more like the Freedom's
>>
File: Untitled-66.jpg (373 KB, 1008x778)
373 KB
373 KB JPG
>>22468528
But it's still the same one chassis that has been upgraded, not a newly built second unit.
This is not a new thing for the franchise: that gimmick is the whole logic behind the Gundams in IBO. Gusion is the same basic machine as Gusion Rebake behind the frogposter armor.
>>
Honestly after reading through See threads I hope Director Fukuda ditches the whole "Freedom hijack" story if he makes a sequel or Prequel. For many reasons.

1. We've had enough Gundam hijacking in the anime already. Seed was particularly bad about it with hijacking suits every season. Seed had 11 times suits getting hijacked. WTF. Destiny had 8 times. Enough already. Who is writing this nonsense?

2. It really makes no sense. There's no way physical security around Strike Freedom is that lax. No way Kira would allow others to pilot Strike Freedom with its NJC tech.

3. Also there's no way Kira wouldn't password protect Strike Freedom or put security measures in place so no one can pilot it except him.

A more logical story is Kira putting Strike Freedom in secret storage in Orb, and then Orb upgraded it. No need for all this drama.
>>
>>22468540
>But it's still the same one chassis that has been upgraded, not a newly built second unit.
Knowing Orb...they probably copied Strike Freedom when they fixed it. It would not surprise me if we see a Strike Freedom Rouge in the future.
>>
File: h243m_0001.jpg (149 KB, 1062x275)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>>22468552
>Knowing Orb...they probably copied Strike Freedom when they fixed it.
They did. It's called Rising, which was developed by Orb using the Strike Freedom and Murasame's data, but manufactured in PLANT.
>>
>>22468558
>Orb makes a Strike Freedom and it's trash
>Lacus goes to Mars off screen to talk to Lowe and gets a backpack and katana and it makes Strike Freedom the strongest
You can't convince me that Lowe wasn't involved in the Mighty backpack.
>>
>>22468558
>based on Murasame
Ew. It's basically a Murasame with Freedom's face. A wannabe
>>
>>22468558
So they've already disproven the thing that said Rising Freedom's cannons are reskinned Agni cannons from the EA? (where did that claim even come from, anyway?)
>>
File: 1696795689546.jpg (181 KB, 1000x1000)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
>>22468589
>where did that claim even come from, anyway?
Early promotional material. Model kit and others call those cannons "Strumsvaha" and they seem to be directly adapted from the Baleenas.
>>
>>22468577
>>22468567
I wouldn't be surprised if Rising was built in a rush with cobbled weapons and systems to give the leader of the Yamato Squadron some sort of Freedom to pilot while the SF was out of commission for repairs. Immortal Justice was just a bonus built using the common frame for Kira's wingman, since Athrun took IJ to cosplay it as a kelpie.
>>
>>22468558
>Run on sentences
>Too many commas
>"manufactures"
Who wrote this? An ESL? This whole thing is trash and disqualified.
>>
File: 1700033924188.jpg (197 KB, 1000x1000)
197 KB
197 KB JPG
>>22468552
>Knowing Orb...they probably copied Strike Freedom when they fixed it. It would not surprise me if we see a Strike Freedom Rouge in the future.
Already happened.
>>
File: 1698758776723.jpg (173 KB, 1000x1000)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
>>22468639
>>
>>22468639
>>22468643
Build Divers, not a CE units.
>>
>>22468639
Anon??? This is a build series variant of another build series variant.
>>
File: 1682518096701.jpg (188 KB, 1000x1000)
188 KB
188 KB JPG
>>22468643
>>
>>22468567
No, it's the Lelouch guy and Kira.
>>
File: 1683166317009.jpg (155 KB, 1000x1000)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
>>22468648
>>
I'm sick of Strike variants
>>
File: file.jpg (374 KB, 1375x1920)
374 KB
374 KB JPG
>>22468545
> Seed had 11 times suits getting hijacked. WTF. Destiny had 8 times.
Eleven? Eight? Where are you getting those numbers? There's four GAT-X, plus Freedom, getting stolen in SEED. Destiny had the three Extended units early on and that's it.

>There's no way physical security around Strike Freedom is that lax. No way Kira would allow others to pilot Strike Freedom with its NJC tech.
>Also there's no way Kira wouldn't password protect Strike Freedom or put security measures in place so no one can pilot it except him.
Hacking is a plot point in the movie. And, if the Black Knights can steal nukes from an Earth Alliance base, they surely can get their hands on Strike Freedom.
The point of a hijacking prequel is not (mainly) to justify the Rising, but rather to establish that Foundation were dangerous foes.

I will trigger the Agnostic twat with a theory I read on a blog:
https://note.com/sin_fgo_zero/n/nd92d661edd50
The Agnes novella provides a candidate as to might've been piloting the Freedom during the kidnapping incident: Leonard Valway, a ZAFT pilot that lost his family on the Requiem strike on Januarius Two and offered himself with his girlfriend, Agnes, to transport the "new models of Freedom and Justice" to COMPASS. He makes a point about "wanting to pilot Freedom at least once" and that he has a lot of grief in his heart.
Another Anon (>>22434455) commented earlier that these "new models" are the upgraded Spec IIs. What might've happened is that Leonard goes rogue with Strike Freedom, starts attacking EA facilities and gets shot down by the Black Knights. It's also possible that Leonard was always in cahoots with Foundation one way or the other to attack the EA, and got double-crossed by the Black Knights during the incident, just like COMPASS was in the joint op against Blue Cosmos.
>>
>>22468875
>Hacking is a plot point in the movie.
Citation needed
>>
>>22468965
>Citation needed
Sure:
>>22447343
>>22413491
>>
>>22469105
Ok nice joke. But where's the real citation?
>>
>>22469381
People who actually watched the movie said that Meyrin is there to hack shit. What else do you fucking want?!
>>
>>22469416
>a random anonymous poster on 4chan claims they saw the movie
You can do better than that anon. Hook me up with some China vid leaks.
>>
>>22450268
We did it Dearka brothers
>>
>>22460072
Stop samefagging
>>
File: file.png (302 KB, 703x678)
302 KB
302 KB PNG
Proud Defender's wing tips can disconnect.
I wonder if there's a reason for that
>>
https://www.tiktok.com/@abduljacool.com/video/7337632718357859589
strike freedom's dragoon can create barriers now
>>
>>22477588
Anon. Make a backup of this before it gets taken down.
>>
>>22477588
the amount of shit they threw at kira is ridiculous
>whole fleets of battleships
>drone dinns with lasered missiles
>two of the best pilots and unique ace suits of the black knights with afterimages, better dragoons, and wings of light
Even then, the assbeating looked good. High-speed action was everywhere.
>>
>>22474783
Are they also Dragoons, or probably batteries for that big lighting attack?
>>
>>22477720
The clip doesn't have the entire fight.
>>
>>22478456
>The clip doesn't have the entire fight.
There's more of kira getting thrashed around That's nice.
>>
>>22474783
I wonder if remote shock attacks are possible? I can't see them doing anything close to what MSF did if they're not docked, since they'll have limited energy supply. The range was already huge enough.
>>
>>22477588
>half the Japanese comments are still just them seething that people recorded it.

lol
>>
>>22477720
>>22478528

Kira often struggled if lots of things were sent his way and he didn't have the benefit of a big battle and/or a 3 way fight to draw heat off himself. He was struggling in Berlin too thanks to having to fight Chaos and Neo's Windam at the same time while also having Stella's Destroy blast at him from a distance because initially he was the only guy opposing them.
>>
>>22478695
>Kira often struggled if lots of things were sent his way and he didn't have the benefit of a big battle and/or a 3 way fight to draw heat off himself.
That's his own fault. Kira was named an Orb/COMPASS general so he can wipe the battlefield without anyone's interference. If things get too hot for him, he should learn to delegate beyond "secure the perimeter while I handle the big guys".
>>
File: 116237993_p1.png (3.27 MB, 2500x3333)
3.27 MB
3.27 MB PNG
>>22467574
Yeah, and Agnes is a sweet little girl who can do no wrong.
>>
>>22477588
>stuck defending the whole time and only retaliates with full burst against missiles and sending out dragoons against carla's superior ones
lol. kekra didn't even bring out beam sabers when carla and shiva kept getting close and personal, and only resorted to defending with rifles in hand. what a chump. Using the railguns to shoot the ground is smart. I'll give him that.
>>
>>22478713
This was before he became a high ranked Orb guy and had official Orb backing. His only potential help then was Cagalli who was not much use in a fight and too important to risk getting shot down, and Amagi and his crew, of which only 3 Murasame's worked at the time and that Kira didn't have any authority to ask them to get involved in a random shoot out with EA. Amagi makes the call to get involved anyway and the 3 guys are able to support Cagalli to keep her safe as well but going in Kira had no way to prepare for or ask for that.
>>
>>22477720
>>22478528
>>22478738
cope kira is the best
>>
>ITT: People who only saw Destiny now see an actual Kira fight.

You all are idiots.
>>
>>22478738
At least Kira is consistently bad at switching to melee. He's good at melee when he actually uses it, but even back in Seed and Destiny he wasted a lot of time firing ineffective beam shots instead of closing in.
>>
>>22479559
Ok, Kaihedgie.
>>
File: 1684773940602789.jpg (291 KB, 2208x1242)
291 KB
291 KB JPG
So do you guys think they'll retcon this as having a version of voiture lumiere/nanoparticle mix later down the line in the manuals? Or did they just make the nanoparticles resemble via 4 way light emission in this one scene only because it looks nice?

I don't see how MSF can keep up with Carla when it's shown to be extremely fast with its WoL in that tiktok clip without it.
>>
>>22450227
>cgi mecha
kikery afoot i see.
>>
File: img0021.jpg (355 KB, 1280x1821)
355 KB
355 KB JPG
Foundation should have won.
>>
File: img0022.jpg (311 KB, 1280x1816)
311 KB
311 KB JPG
>>
File: img0023.jpg (310 KB, 1280x1816)
310 KB
310 KB JPG
>>
>>22480259
>>22480262
>>22480264
Did the movie state the powerplant of these things? They have to be nuclear to even attempt to fight kira & co, right?
>>
>>22480245
Why are you obsessed with it having Voiture Lumiere? There are other forms of propulsion out there besides that. Remember this suit is called STRIKE Freedom. Emphasis on Strike. That means the ability to swap packs. This pack has a different role than the WoL pack. This Defender pack is pure defense and firepower. It's like Launcher pack and Sword pack combined.
>>
>>22480269
They are Battery powered with FT armor. When they are hit by beams, the beam is absorbed and recharges the battery.
>>
>>22480471
>There are other forms of propulsion out there besides that.
Such as?

>Remember this suit is called STRIKE Freedom. Emphasis on Strike. That means the ability to swap packs.
You moron. It's only called "Strike Freedom" because its original name, "Super Freedom", was associated with a college rape club. Bandai changed the name at the eleventh hour. The design was never supposed to have anything to do with Strike.
>>
>>22480471
>obsessed
that's my first post about it. what the fuck are you on about? I saw the image and it looked similar to wings of light, that's all there is to it. Strike Freedom already had a precedent of using vl anyways, there's no reason why it can't reuse it along with proud defender. Given that it's still vulnerable in close range, a speed boost is helpful to make a gap against future BK tier suits that could pose a threat.
>STRIKE Freedom
a renaming of super freedom. it's as much of a strike gundam as infinite justice is if you think just swapping a backpack.
>there are other forms of propulsion
Like what? VL is shown as the most common one among other unique ones if any. even the enemy suit had a form of WoL visually.
>>
>>22480485
>Such as?
Such as what every other non-WoL suit in the anime use. Isn't that obvious?

The WoL isn't a necessity. It was effective when first used 2 years ago, but the WoL tech has been analyzedx aged, and enemies can keep up with it now with newer engines.

>You moron. It's only called "Strike Freedom" because its original name, "Super Freedom", was associated with a college rape club. Bandai changed the name at the eleventh hour. The design was never supposed to have anything to do with Strike.

Wow....way to miss the point this hard. The point is that it can swap packs. Like STRIKE Gundam. OG Freedom can't do that. But Strike Freedom Gundam can. Kira supervised it's design and development. So clearly Kira wanted this suit to have pack swapping ability.
>>
>>22480516
>The point is that it can swap packs. Like STRIKE Gundam. OG Freedom can't do that. But Strike Freedom Gundam can.
No, it can't. Strike Freedom never had the ability to swap packs until the frame was upgraded to the Type II.
>>
>>22480530
Citation needed.
>>
>>22480530
The WoL of Light technology is from Stargazer Gundam. And Stargazer Gundam uses swappable packs including a Voiture Lumiere pack.
>>
File: mgex02m_0050.jpg (842 KB, 1066x1512)
842 KB
842 KB JPG
>>22480541
>But Strike Freedom Gundam can
Apart from the Super DRAGOONs, which other "packs" Strike Freedom has? None, not even in MSV. buildshit variants do not fucking count Think about it: if it can swap equipment, where are the hypothetical other configurations?
Furthermore, wouldn't the databooks or kit manuals point out this ability? But it isn't anywhere. You are making stuff up from bullshit inferences: "derp its named strike" "lol kira xd"

Let me repeat, in case it wasn't clear: the frame only gained the ability to use exchangeable packs when it was upgraded to Type II, not before.
>>
>>22480530
Why wouldn't it Strike Freedom have the ability to eject the pack? Infinite Justice can do it. Regarding other packs, it's just that there was no reason to develop other packs since the Dragoon pack was so powerful.
>>
>>22480574
You are getting off topic. I'm pretty sure anon is talking about the existence of the ability to detach the WoL pack. Not whether other packs exist yet. It makes sense to me. Kira would want to future proof the suit. It's like a computer with RAM and PCI slots. I don't have new components to put into the slot, but existence to do so is there.
>>
>>22480597
>Why wouldn't it Strike Freedom have the ability to eject the pack? Infinite Justice can do it.

Exactly. If both suits have the same hard-points and connections then it's not an issue.

Not sure why fans getting amazed at the ability to eject a backpack.

That's been a basic feature since the Strike Gundam was made in Season 1.

Even grunt suits can do it by Season 2.

Its only logical Strike Freedom has the capability.
>>
>>22480600
There's no indication of that prior to spec II's showcase. It's more likely he did it during SF>Spec II's modification along with the other features as his other pack is the proud defender that is needed to use disrupter beam as per the pamphlet if I recall.
>>
>>22480597
>Why wouldn't it Strike Freedom have the ability to eject the pack?

>>22480600
>the ability to detach the WoL pack.

Because, in case it wasn't clear, it is not an ejectable pack. The DRAGOONs is the MS' weapon loadout. It would be like asking if Providence can eject the round disk.
No material anywhere has ever pointed out that the black DRAGOON/WoL module could be ejected, nor are there any kits with such an ability.

>Infinite Justice
That is how IJ is built, with a Fatum surfboard by default. Freedom has its Voiture Lumiere.

The thing about the black module in Strike Freedom being ejectable is bullshit inference that has no basis and no support other than your imagination.
Put forward some source that says it can be done. Until then, it's made up. We have more proof that Windams have VPS armor (despite it never looking the part in the series) than Strike Freedom having modular pack ability.
>>
>>22477588
You dumb motherfucker. This thread was on page 10. WHY THE FUCK DID YOU BUMP IT INSTEAD OF LETTING IT DIE?
>>
>>22480619
What do you mean? Strike Freedom has always had an inner frame and outer frame. Two completely different areas and everything is removable.

Your logic doesn't make sense.
>>
>>22480631
>Because, in case it wasn't clear, it is not an ejectable pack.
Of course it's "ejectable". The only difference is that the Dragoon pack is not autonomously controlled like Infinitr Justice. The Type 2 upgrade added beam shields to the funnels, changed the thrusters on the legs, added more areas to holster rifles, and a few other minor cosmetic changes.
>>
Everyone ignore this anon. >>22480619
This anon is clearly trolling.

Mobile Suits have been able to eject packs since late Seed. Both EA and ZAFT use backpacks for their grunts even before Strike Freedom Gundam was made.
>>
>>22480631
You do realize that backpacks are the norm in Seed right? Even Mook suits have backpacks. If Strike Freedom is different than the norm, then it's on you to prove it.
>>
File: 1708104320801.jpg (1.11 MB, 1339x1929)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB JPG
>>22480631
>It would be like asking if Providence can eject the round disk
Lmao
>>
>>22480644
>Of course it's "ejectable".
Okay, then, prove it. Show me one piece of official material that shows that Strike Freedom has the ability to ditch the DRAGOON/WoL module before the Type II upgrade.

>>22480651
>>22480654
>herp derp everyone grunts does it!! ij too!11!!
Proves nothing. Strike Freedom is a custom, one-off job built in secret as a successor to the Freedom, which didn't use packs. Special ZAFT Gundams such as Saviour or Gaia cannot attach packs either.
>>
>>22480669
/thread
>>
>>22480669
I think other anon is seriously underestimating how modular Seed mobile suits are.
>>
>>22480699
No, what you are doing is assuming that every mobile suit is modular. Freedom isn't. It doesn't even have MSV variants.
>>
>>22480683
See
>>22480669

Not responding any further until you address it. I will take your lack of response as a concession of surrender.
>>
File: file.png (2.21 MB, 1920x1080)
2.21 MB
2.21 MB PNG
>>22480699
>>22480654
Show me where does Freedom have plugs to eject the DRAGOON/WoL module. I'm waiting.
I mean, if it can use packs, where are its backpack plugs? Infinite Justice has two mounting holes for the Fatum, but the Strike Freedom's thruster module is permanently attached to the frame, with two swivel points for the Wings of Light.
>>
>>22480724
Disregard them. They think because a lot of mobile suits adopted packs, every mobile suit under the sun had to have had the ability to do so. You already listed two examples of specialized suits that didn't have the ability to do so. SF was already custom designed by Kira with no mention or display of such an ability prior to Spec II.
>>
File: 1682627184410.png (285 KB, 780x670)
285 KB
285 KB PNG
>>22480471
>>22480485
>>22480512
>>22480516
>>22480530
>>22480574
>>22480541
>>22480597
>>22480600
>>22480602
>>22480619
>>22480631
Can you people stop flooding the thread with a pointless argument? Yes Strike Freedom can eject the backpack. No its not worth spending 50 posts arguing about it. We're here to discuss the movie. Go make another thread if you want to argue about backpacks.
>>
>>22480783
That's a model kit assembly manual, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>22480795
NTA but a lot of extra info comes from gunpla manuals. Don't sleep on them. If you can't accept it then that's a (you) problem.
>>
>>22480724
>>22480744
Kek. Look at this anon too scared to reply to >>22480669 . He said providence can't detach its backpack then got directly proven wrong. Now he cant think of good response, and pusposely only responds to other comments.
>>
>>22480783
>Literal Idiot take

So what Is it , one slot, or TWO FUCKING HOLES.

Because that's what you're arguing here.
>>
File: m192_m0009.jpg (354 KB, 1068x1511)
354 KB
354 KB JPG
>>22480945
>NTA but a lot of extra info comes from gunpla manuals. Don't sleep on them.
Yes, lore information that is separate from the assembly instructions.

>If you can't accept it then that's a (you) problem.
By this logic, then mobile suits have ABS polycaps as neck joints.
>>
>>22481038
The connection point also differs in-between grades.
>>
>>22480669
>>22480704
>>22480957
>He said providence can't detach its backpack then got directly proven wrong. Now he cant think of good response, and pusposely only responds to other comments.
Ok fine. You got me. Happy? I admit I was wrong and Providence and Justice can detach their backpacks. But that doesn't mean Freedom can detach its backpack. Freedom is special and completely custom.
>>
>>
File: 1688284296198.jpg (226 KB, 895x1195)
226 KB
226 KB JPG
>>22480530
>No, it can't. Strike Freedom never had the ability to swap packs until the frame was upgraded to the Type II.
We have no direct evidence to claim *conclusively* yes or no. However circumstantial evidence suggestions that it is not outside the realm of possibility. The EA and ZAFT both adopted modular backpack designs before the start of Seed Destiny during the 2 year time skip. In addition Infinite Justice, Legend, and Destiny have had their backpacks tested in other units. Such as the Legend Zaku and Destiny Impulse. So again, Strike Freedom being able to eject its backpack is not outside the realm of possibility. But I will agree that even if SF could eject its backpack it's not certain if SF had any other pack to use during Seed Dsstiny.
>>
>>22479695
>>22478738
Doesn't Kira need the Kanata because the beam doesn't work on them?
>>
File: Гьянселот.jpg (136 KB, 1280x720)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
>>22480262
>>22480264
Still, these units are unsuccessful.

Huge shoulder pads without additional engines or beam boomerangs, non-functional spikes on the wrists and stupid decorations on the helmets. The design of the legs too... meh.

In addition, this line seems completely unsuitable for individual customization and expansion of production for different applications. I mean, look at the Black Tri-Stars or the Southern Cross Corps, whose pilots use the same model but tailor their weapons and equipment to suit individual missions within the squad. The cars of the Black Knights are distinguished only by their colors - even the ZAKU WARRIOR, mass-produced models, are more individual than these crap.

It seems that in the new SRW with the participation of SEED Freedom, BK will be mocked and made fun of by all participants.

Maybe the authors should still give the Knights models based on Gyan Strom? Close combat and knightly aesthetics are present, there is a weapon in the chest, brawling design elements “I am a villain!” there too. So?
>>
>>22481161
>Ok fine. You got me. Happy? I admit I was wrong and Providence and Justice can detach their backpacks. But that doesn't mean Freedom can detach its backpack. Freedom is special and completely custom.
Strike Freedom isn't special. It's originally a ZAFT design.
>>
>>22481438
If that's the case then IJ's head beam saber wouldn't work on shiva, nor would the beam boomerangs from Destiny on one of the skittles. CE has consistently shown that beam sabers and beams from rifles are different. Examples are when destiny's beam boomerangs sliced akatsuki despite the latter's anti-beam tech.

I think they just gave him a katana because it was cool (yamatodamashi?) and gets into the takemikazuchi elec theme as the katana's namesake was used by him.
>>
>>22480480
So FT Armor is literally The Star Build Strike's Absorb Shield, but turned into an Armor?
>>
>>22481925
Because Athrun headbeamed from the head while Shin boomerang is still sharp object with beam and can slice the places that are likely not well-protected from beam, is not beam saber generated from nothing?
>>
>>22481336
I'll just point out there's a difference between modular striker packs and just being able to purge parts of the machine. The backpack could be able to be ejected just in case it's hit and explodes and that's what they worked with for Mighty. Converting it back to SF type 2 might be a more involved process than just ejecting the Defender and popping the Dragoon system back on. It's also notable that Proud Defender seems like it was built with the intention on using with Rising Freedom as well, if not that being the primary user because Defender was stored and being worked on in Millenium at the start of the film (you can see it in the 5 minute preview) while Strike Freedom is pulled out as part of an unexpected emergency.
>>
>>22482513
>It's also notable that Proud Defender seems like it was built with the intention on using with Rising Freedom as well, if not that being the primary user because Defender was stored and being worked on in Millennium at the start of the film (you can see it in the 5 minute preview) while Strike Freedom is pulled out as part of an unexpected emergency.
The novel points out that is, indeed, the case. Kira and Albert talk about it after the mission in Africa.
>>
>>22481724
Strike Freedom uses development data from ZAFT, but it's a custom job by Terminal personally supervised by Kira.
That thing that gets parroted about "SF being a concept to become ZAFT's new mass production machine" has no basis.
>>
>>22482538
I personally don't view the Novel as a valid source of info. You might like it, but Databooks and gunpla kits are what I go for.
>>
>>22482574
How many fucking times do I have to repeat this?
THERE ARE NO DATABOOKS FOR THE MOVIE YET.
>>
>>22482576
Anon chill out and relax.
>>
>>22482574
That's scenes been cam ripped too. It's in the film.
>>
>>22482776
I'm well aware of the Proud Defender being in the hangar in the movie. I just don't care what the novel has to say, or if it matches the film or not? I only care about the movie and databooks/lore/gunpla kits based on the actual released movie. We've seen a few official pamphlets given to theater customers that have been scanned. Those are nice and what I enjoy.

I don't know why some anons are arguing over and over again about the Seed novel in recent threads. Did I miss some sort of announcement about it? Gundam novels and manga have always been a seperate continuity even if novel events are similar to the anime. It's been like that for decades for all Gundam books. Unless I'm wrong nothings changed asfaik. And no. I don't really want to argue about it for 200 posts like some other anons are willing to do. I respect that you like the book a lot, but it's not my thing and not what I'm looking for.
>>
>>22482800
Didnt Hathaway's book differ from the movie? Yeah I dont get the seed book arguement either
>>
>>22482800
First off you aren't hiding that you're the same guy, because you're saying the exact same things and the exact same tone. Nice try pretending to be some different anon because people weren't backing you.

Second off, https://files.catbox.moe/zq5942.mp4 is the exact conversation from the novel. I don't really care about anything else in the novel, in fact I don't actually care about the novel now because I have a clip from the actual film that backs my one post. Which is all I really cared about. Kira and Albert CANONICALLY BECAUSE IT'S IN THE MOVIE AND NOT ANY NOVEL are working on the Proud Defender for Rising. I was correct. Now concede.
>>
File: image.png (1012 KB, 826x1144)
1012 KB
1012 KB PNG
>>22482800
>I don't know why some anons are arguing over and over again about the Seed novel in recent threads.
Because the movie has not been released in home video or foreign markets, and Zeonic uploaded a translation of the first volume of the novel, so it's the closest thing we have to the movie in English.
Is that so difficult to understand?

https://retroanimechris.blogspot.com/2023/10/cucuruz-doans-islands-novelization.html
Doan's Island also had a novelization that extends some parts of the film, but because the movie came right away on home video due to the pandemic, with English subs, nobody cares about it.
>>
>>22482829
>First off you aren't hiding that you're the same guy, because you're saying the exact same things and the exact same tone.
You are OBSESSED. Take your MEDS
>>
>>22482846
> so it's the closest thing we have to the movie in English.
>Is that so difficult to understand?
Yes because no one argued this hard about books from other gundam movies that came out before
>>
>>22482800
>>22482859
It's only one anon who is getting laughed at for quoting the novel in debates. So he starts shitty arguments with everyone. Ignore him.
>>
>>22482859
That is because it has been TRANSLATED TO ENGLISH, so people here can read it, unlike the movie. Most novelizations have never gotten a translation. It's an unusual limbo of having to rely on secondary material.
>>
File: file.png (399 KB, 1199x904)
399 KB
399 KB PNG
>>22482829
As a matter of fact, the dialogue in both the movie and the novel in that particular sequence is identical one-to-one.
>>
>>22482872
>I don't know why some anons are arguing over and over again about the Seed novel in recent threads.

>>22482800
>It's only one anon who is getting laughed at for quoting the novel in debates

It's really fucking pathetic the way you reply to yourself.

>>22482855
>oh, no! i got caught! i have to deflect quickly! i know, i'll spew some stupid buzzwords as a distraction! that will throw him off the scent!
And this is even more pathetic.
>>
>>22482859
Every Gundam has their weird fans. Hathaway had their Gigi simps who stalked movie threads telling everyone Gigi was best girl. Gundam X has their apologists who keep saying X is some hidden gem. Seed movie just has novelfags
>>
>>22483021
>Seed movie just has novelfags
There are no "novelfags", you dumb fucking idiot. It's real simple:
>Movie has not been released in English yet
>Novel has been fan-translated to English
That's all it is.
>>
>>22483021
If the SEED movie had come out two years ago, like Doan's Island and Hathaway did, nobody in here would give a rat's ass about the novelization. In fact, I don't think anyone would even bother to scan it.
Perhaps Deacon would translate the special issue about Agnes' background, but that's it. What's the point of going through a novelization of a movie that is widely available and mostly a reiteration of the dialogue and events on screen?
>>
>>22483021
anti-fans exist too. In another thread if you mention that zeonic scans did the seed book translation then one anon goes nuts and screaming about zeonic being awful and g4y. like bruh I just want to know where to download it. calm ur tits
>>
>>22483111
>like bruh I just want to know where to download it. calm ur tits
It's on the OP post, linking directly to Zeonic's website. How much more spoonfeeding you need?

>then one anon goes nuts and screaming about zeonic being awful and g4
That's not what happened. Stop lying.
Also,
>g4y
Leave. NOW.
>>
That one anon who said novel doesn't matter are fucking retard
The writer of the novel wrote the fucking movie along with Fukuda
How the hell are you not gonna count that as official or canon holy fuck retard as expected from basement dweller of 4chan
not to mention it release along with the release of the movie even fucking Fukuda god of ce universe mention the fucking novel and writer in his twitter
now go back to your mom basement and kys
i don't even know why you still arguing with the people who already watched and can read japanese
fucking retard
>>
>>22483141
No! You do not understand!

Gundam novels and manga have always been a seperate [sic] continuity even if novel events are similar to the anime. It's been like that for decades for all Gundam books. Unless I'm wrong nothings [sic] changed asfaik [sic]
In case you don't get it, I'm mocking that guy. You can tell he's moron because he never replies whenever it is pointed out that the ONLY reason people care about the novel at all is because of ease of access, rather than any intrinsic value the novel might have
>>
>>22483151

Kek

all you need to say is say the gundam seed book is not canon and you novelfags flood the thread like clockwork
>>
>>22483186
>novelfags
I'm going to say this one final time, you stubborn motherfucker:
as soon as there is a decent rip of the movie, nobody will ever mention the fucking novel again. Why? Because the differences are minimal.
It will become utterly redundant in a flash, not worth the weight of its PDF file, not even as a training text for an LLM.
>>
>>22483141
>How the hell are you not gonna count that as official or canon
Because Sunrise said so
/thread
>>
>>22483203
Why are you so utterly fixated with "canon"? Japan doesn't work with the Disney logic of declaring a ton of material as "Star Wars Legends", with strict parameters on what is in continuity and what isn't.
In fact, they don't care much about IP or copyrights. That's how things like Comic Market and Wonder Festival can exist, an unthinkable possibility in the US, where copyright lawyers sue your ass for less.

>>22482800
>I only care about the movie and databooks/lore/gunpla kits based on the actual released movie.
By your logic, you should disregard model kit manuals as well, since those add inconsistencies and retcons, such as the ever-changing origin of the Strike Freedom. One manual says ZAFT built it, then a different one says Terminal's Factory built it.
>>
>>22483141
The Seed novel isn't special. It's the same as any other gundam novel. Tomino novels aren't part of official lore.
>>
>>22483203
>>22483248
nice try same fag retard
>>
>>22483045
>I don't care about the novel!
>I'm going to reply to every post about the novel!
K
>>
File: file.png (1.19 MB, 1200x977)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB PNG
sex
>>
File: dafuq.png (267 KB, 449x391)
267 KB
267 KB PNG
>>22483203
Not a proper explanation.
>>
>>22484728
Sunrise said only animation counts.

Anything else like games, books etc is just for personal enjoyment and fun. It's been this way since the 80s.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.