[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mlp/ - Pony

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Flutterschixo.jpg (171 KB, 1960x1125)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
How do you write a believable episode with this creature without rehashing the same:
>overcoming shyness or cowardice
>acting like a schizo to overcome being a pushover
Bonus points for if you can make the character development stick.
>>
Fluttershy discovers the joys of anal sex
>>
>>41224562
You write her as motherly and nurturing and quietly confident in such. Sometimes her confidence failing because it is fledgling in nature and easily brought down, but slowly less and less flighty. Confidence just a typical reinforcement pattern.
>>
>>41224562
Fluttershy builds house from dirt.
>>
>>41224565
Are you retarded? That's not a believable episode.
>>
>>41224562
I day in the life. Have her settling silly conflicts between the animals. EZ.
>>
>>41224595
I also day in the life.
>>
File: 1712996889483014.png (1.42 MB, 1882x1080)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB PNG
>>41224598
Hi hungry, I'm dad.
>>
>>41224593
I would beleeb it
>>
File: IMG_9853.png (451 KB, 1025x956)
451 KB
451 KB PNG
>>41224562
It’s fall migration and birds from far away lands arrive and need to figure things out but Fluttershy can’t communicate with them well because they’re foreign. So she practices non verbal communication, teaching the lesson on how to get along with people who do not speak your language very well/are verbally impaired. Reinforcing confidence in cross cultural communication
>>
>>41224562
Fluttershy gets gas.
>>
>>41224562
>Fluttershy started to talk more, as her friends accepted and encouraged her to do
>She changed and starts having conversations with everypony
>She talks a little too much to some pony, and they get annoyed
>Fluttershy learns the lesson that she needs to read the room, when to talk more and when to talk less
>>
>>41224562
Easy, just don't write an episode based on her shyness or her trying to overcome it. There's more to her than that, right? RIGHT?
>>
>>41224565
>BACK AS A FILLY
>>
>>41224562
I have an idea, hear me out guys. What if fluttershy went to some kind of seminar, like where some roidmonkey tells you to be an asshole. So then, get this, fluttershy starts acting really mean to everyone in an attempt to be more confident. At the end, she learns not to be an asshole. I think it could be a really good episode
>>
>>41224794
>"Oh? What did you say? Sorry, but I CAN'T UNDERSTAND YOUR CLICKING VOCALS NIGGER GIBBERISH! LEARN ENGLISH, ESL! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! "
>>
>>41224562
Is she the element of kindness just because she likes animals? Why name her FlutterSHY then turn around to make her keep trying to defy it. What if Rainbow Dash hated dashing and wanted to go slow instead. Fluttershit is unironically worse than Applejack.
>>
File: LETSROCK.png (204 KB, 900x1048)
204 KB
204 KB PNG
>>41224828
I THOUGHT IT WAS SILLY
>>
>>41224801
She can just blame it on the animals.
>>
>>41224868
They're dead from the smell.
>>
>>41224820
Your average brony is autistic and doesn’t want any natural deviation or expansion from what a character is or the predictability of their conflicts and a child doesn't care. 99% of writers (yes this included the peons here) cannot write to save their lives so this just leads down a path of mediocre, familiarity or heavily OOC garbage. This is how you get plots like Pinkie Pie being angry that Dash doesnt like her pies or Twilight having mental breakdowns over game shows or Rarity having some showdown with Sweetie Belle because she doesnt understand her or neglects her or Applejack lying again etc etc etc.
>>
File: hug.png (296 KB, 1030x811)
296 KB
296 KB PNG
>>41224562
Fluttershy is shown to know a lot about sewing in Suited for Success, so there’s quite a bit of her personal story that isn’t ever discussed and could easily be expanded upon. Maybe she travels to different regions to establish and/or volunteer at other animal shelters? The episode could even tackle homelessness in some capacity.
>Scootaloo stows away to see where Fluttershy goes on her trips
>She gets caught
>Fluttershy insists on walking her home because it’s dark
>Scoots bullshits about where she lives until they end up at the clubhouse
>Feels ensue
>They end up going on the trip together
The character development/lesson learned would found in Fluttershy becoming more understanding of ponies’ plights in the same way she understands those of animals, while Scootaloo gains a greater admiration for Fluttershy as well as the work that goes into helping those in need. From then on traveling together could be a regular bonding activity for the two of them, potentially involving the rest of the CMC later down the line.
>>
>>41224562
I like the one where she bodyswaps with Angel.
>>
>>41224914
>Fluttershy is shown to know a lot about sewing in Suited for Success
That was just the writers writing themselves into a corner and going "oh wait, we need an explanation for how rarity's retarded ungrateful friends can make a dress as good as her"
>>
>>41224562
How about writing an episode where she has to fight for her life because of all the ticks that those things bring in.
>>
she hotline miami's her way through a griffonian animal slaughterhouse and takes home one of the animals
>>
>>41224801
Fuck off glimmernigger
>>
>>41224801
Bless you glimmerfriend
>>
>>41224961
Rarity deserves suffering.
>>
>When Fluttershy helps an injured stallion collapsed on the side of the road, she unknowingly picks a side in a brutal gang war that's claimed the lives of hundreds over the decades. Can Fluttershy learn to be more assertive and stand up to both gang leaders to make them see the error of their ways? Find out on Saturday, only on The Hub!

Wait.
Fuck.
>>
>>41225011
This sounds like a plot to one of the comics
>>
>>41224562
Flutterslut is extremely horny and masturbates. The rest of the episode is her being extremely nervous thinking that somehow all of Ponyville knows, as Pinkie tells the other mares about Flutter's "secret".
Fluttertramp becomes super self-conscious and isolates from all others in shame. The mares comfort her and give a lesson about self-acceptance yada yada.
In the end it is revealed that nobody knows that Flutterbitch is a chronic masturbator and that the secret that Pinkie was gossiping about was that Flutterwhore doesn't like angel cake.
>>
>>41224914
I would watch this.
>>
>>41224883
Your average nitwit doesn't believe a character should have any recognizable traits they started with, and should only gain traits that match his headcanons.
>>
>>41224562
Something something animals.
>>
>>41224562
>Fluttershy starts to like eating meat like her animals
there done
>>
>>41224855
She has a love for all living creatures to a fault. That's why she's the only one who gave discord a chance. But she's been burned by ponies so much that she became reclusive. Preferring to give her love to animals who won't take advantage of her. Except for Angel I guess but he's a gag character. She's trusting, naive, and gullible.
>>
>>41224562
slice of life episode that's just 22 minutes of me and her cuddling.
seriously though I'd love a pinkie + fluttershy episode that further explores their friendship or some wacky journey they have to go on as they learn lessons from eachother or just hang out all day.
>>
>>41224562
This got me thinking. Have there been any “true” fanmade episodes (feature length, character development, and friendship lesson/moral) aside from maybe Double Rainboom? If not, that would be a hell of a board project.
>>
>>41226658
There's Free Hugs, which was very adorable and felt like a real early episode.
>>
>>41226667
Free Hugs was so, so autistic. I didn't like it that much because it was all economy jokes and I don't like watching the news. The writing seemed quality, like it was clever, but it felt too abstract.
>>
>>41224562
>muh development
Was the biggest mistake G4 ever made
>>
>>41227023
Why?
>>
>>41227023
I think you’re confusing character development with character assassination
>>
>>41227023
I probably would have dropped the show if it went the Simpson's route. I love anime so I'm all about muh development and continuity.
>>
>>41224562
Bats! except she learns that the bats actually suck, are terrible for the farm, and need to be kicked out.
>>
>>41226667
>felt like a real early episode.
No it didn't. It felt like something pulled from one of the infantile cartoons that Faust detested.
>>
>>41226249
Both of these would be good
The episodes where two pones just hang out and do whatever they want then get up to some random wacky hijinks were some of my favorites
>>
>>41224562
her teaching some other pony to do the same
>>
>>41224562
Her only character flaws are being too much of a doormat and being kind to people who don't deserve it. She's a pretty strong character when she isn't being a doormat.
>>
File: fluttershy nature.png (52 KB, 300x131)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
>>41224562
Fluttershy goes to an animal keeper nature convention where there are dozens of very shy introverted ponies just like her, and surprisingly Fluttershy is actually the social extrovert among them.
>>
>>41227049
Watch the show and tell me you like the new fluttershy more.
>>
File: 1702421958863088.png (509 KB, 606x735)
509 KB
509 KB PNG
>>41224858
TO STICK A FAT COCK IN MY ASS
>>
>>41229515
This is funny, would watch/10
>>
>>41229515
>>41230125
kek I do like this idea
>>
File: flutterbutter.png (560 KB, 1100x980)
560 KB
560 KB PNG
>>41224562
Fluttershy has to deal with someone who kills with kindness rather than being soft and gentle like her. If she doesn’t learn to set boundaries she risks her and her friends’ plans getting ruined.
I know it doesn’t quite break the formula but I think it could be interesting
>>
>>41224598
Same
>>
>>41224562
Make her sing. In a deep voice, preferably.
>>
File: 6729867.png (173 KB, 816x597)
173 KB
173 KB PNG
>>41229550
I like the new Fluttershy more.
Afraid-of-her-own-shadow Fluttershy is cringe, takes-no-shit-from-anyone Fluttershy is based.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.