[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Who exactly is Chappell Roan, and how did she become famous? I’ve been hearing her name pop up a lot lately, but I have no idea what she’s known for or what her rise to fame was like. Is she a singer, an actress, or something else entirely? I’m curious how she broke through and what makes her stand out.

Also, what’s her style like? I’m trying to get a sense of why she’s catching so much attention and what kind of audience she appeals to. Is she known for something specific, like a unique sound or persona, or is it more about her overall vibe and presence?
>>
She's known for being le female lesbian drag queen. Apparently got famous because she opened for Olivia Rodrigo. I will say Hot to Go is a pretty good song though
>>
she appeals to twitter lesbians and trannies
>>
File: 12492.jpg (340 KB, 1440x1800)
340 KB
340 KB JPG
>>123692831
>Also, what’s her style like?

Stream her music, watch her videos, look up pictures of her, interviews with her/etc.

Someone can explain these things to you but direct experience is always best IMO
>>
>>123692831
she has a nice gyatt
>>
>>123692831
dykes and basic white girls like her
singer who had some internet buzz and the label machine picked up on it and blew her up more

her style is like that usual 2010s-20s 80s nostalgia pop type sound. her lyrics are pretty on the nose, but she does at least try to create an interesting visual aesthetic
>>
>>123692956
what songs would you recommend?
>>
>>123692983
Honestly just the big songs/singles like Good Luck, Babe! or Red Wine Supernova.

She has a great voice though as shown by this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imHkz5nD6gs
>>
>>123692831
She worked with a hot la songwriter who wrote for Conan Gray, Caroline Polachek, and Olivia Rodrigo so she's probably some rich kid on a LARP trying music out. She's also being insufferable about fame and the attention it brings. The funny thing is why would you work with a in demand songwriter if you weren't seeking fame?
>>
>>123692912
>female drag queen
isn't that just called being a female
>>
>>123694041
That's what I find so funny about it. She paints her face and does her makeup in the same way drag queens do and people are it all up. It's sort of a full circle moment where "women can be drag queens too." Even more hilarious when you realize it's just another way of saying "women can pretend to be women too"
>>
>>123694200
*ate it all up
>>
>>123692831
the soundbergs in charge of dictating the direction of culture decided to put a few million into marketing this talentless hag as the zoomer kate bush

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.