[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: hqdefault.jpg (16 KB, 480x360)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
If these two bands could put out multiple great albums why is it that every thrash metal band that came after them is only able to rip off slayer instead of making good music (this includes slayer because they have one song).
>>
>>81428289
Kill yourself
>>
jews are cool
>>
>>81428289
>Sodom
>>
>what is bathory
>>
>>81428289
God tier talent combined with the best drugs and a desire to constantly one up each other

thank god lars kicked Mustaine out
Megadeth > Metallica
>>
>>81429114
why didn't they just kick lars out
he is the mastermind that fucked metallica with load, reload, st anger, death magnetic...
yeah I get that dave is a hard nut but his riffs were amazing while lars' drumming is just horrible
>>
>>81429354
>why didn't they just kick lars out
although i would of loved to hear what 4 albums of Hetfield/Mustaine material would of sounded like we never would have got Rust in Peace etc so good move by lars
>>
>>81429354
But didn't Lars contribute with the songwriting of the first 4 albums?
>>
>>81429354
I give him credit for Justice and other early work, but yeah the more distance from Ulrich and Hammett the better.
>>
>>81428639
Not thrash you fuckwit
>>
>>81429391
>implying mustaine wouldn't push hetfield and the rest to still make rust in peace
although I can't imagine how would it sound like with hetfield as a frontman, theres just something about dave's zaney vicals
>>
>>81429524
it's clearly thrash with signs of early black metal
>>
Megadeth has always been shit and Mustang is an absolute fucking idiot.
>>
>>81428289
At what point does something stop being part of genre x and part of genre y.

>this trash sucks, let's do better. Oh shit, it's a different genre now. I guess we should rip off Slayer some more
>>
>>81429862
The answer is fashion.
If band a dresses like the scene kid fans of band b, then they are same genres
>>
>>81429524
>>81429524
The first album is definitely thrash with black metal vocals and I believe he made some more thrash later on, but I can't verify that because I haven't listened to the shittier Bathory albums.
>>
>>81428289
Get a load of this retard
>>
Because when Slayer pushed the boundaries of what could be defined as Thrash it made albums like Kill em All and Peace Sells look like marginally more aggressive NWOBHM

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.