[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKAv7eOK2dg
SUICIDAL DOORS, CALL IT KURT COBAIN
SUWU LEATHER SEATS, LIKE A BLOODY STAIN
>>
>>81432776

Not hyped up Denzel doesn't sit well with me. Wouldn't be too surprised if this was a tribute to X, given their history.
>>
File: icmilenko.jpg (49 KB, 480x400)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
So now it's trendy for nu rappers to copy shit bands were doing in the 80s and 90s to be edgy huh? Interesting
>>
>>81432776
man this guy stays corny. first he was referencing anime now fucking played out kurt cobain
>>
File: 1510776308201.jpg (95 KB, 1072x759)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>81432776
Who is this supposed to represent?
>>
>>81433708
Elton John
>>
File: 1461902340946.jpg (40 KB, 640x628)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
Denzel is ultimate pseudo-patrician filter
this dude's always ranting online how he birthed the new wave and gets no cred, no wonder when his music is so below average
like he's delayed his upcoming album til eternity and this is the excuse that his fans will swallow
hook about suicidal thoughts, autotune and a basic trap beat. sorry denz, but you're nothing special
>>
>>81433708
Obviously crooked producers who sell kids the 'dream'.
>>
i really like denzel but track is meh
>>
Why this dude remains so unpopular?
I understand that some of this songs don't have ultimate mainstream appeal, but it didn't stopped artists like Kendrick Lamar (even before Damn) etc from gaining a popularity and Sumo literally sounds like 69 song
>>
>>81434156
Mainstream appeal is a meme. Kendric goes for classics, not hits. It's why his music IS popular and holds up. Denzel wanted hits, because he lacked the skill for classics. It's why most of his music is dated.
>>
It's not his usual style because he's trying to prove a point.
>>
>>81434194
>Kendric
>holds up
what did he/she mean by this?
>>
File: 1529468256795.jpg (20 KB, 469x273)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>81434475
>>
>>81434194
this
>>81434475
you dont need to be a kendrick fan to admit hes loved by a lot of people
>>
>>81434475
Not an argument. Come back when you have one.
>>
>>81434501
>you dont need to be a kendrick fan to admit hes loved by a lot of people
What does that have to do with the claim that his music holds up (not true, by the way).
>>
>>81434531
>I no like rap, it doesn't hold up ever hurrr
>>
>>81434547
>>I no like rap, it doesn't hold up ever hurrr
Why would the fact that Kendrick's music doesn't hold up mean that I don't like rap or that no rap holds up?
>>
>>81432776
>suicidal doors
suicidal u doofus
that said not super hot on this song but it'll probably better in actual tracklist. Reminds me of a less interesting This Life
>>
>>81432776

cool video, catchy song
>>
>>81432776
This dude is so corny
>>
>>81432776
Embarassingly bad. What the fuck was he thinking? This is 2000s Rock levels of edge.
>>
>>81432776
i think this might be ironic
>>81434020
hook was ok, beat was great man, wtf you talkin about? also, give a listen or two to his projects before you listen to 3 songs and claim he's below average
>>
File: juggalettes-19.jpg (271 KB, 752x501)
271 KB
271 KB JPG
A Black Juggalo? Man, he's all dicked up. lol
>>
>>81432776
Denzel was good before he blew up. He really stupid
>>
>>81436876
>give a listen or two to his projects before you listen to 3 songs and claim he's below average
you absolute fucking moron, i have heard his all projects that exist and he's really mid
no abstract ideas, boring and surface level
>>
>>81432776
This song is lame as fuck i didnt think it could get any worse than imperial but you did it denzel YOU DONE FUCKED IT UP
>>
>>81434020
Listen to nostalgic64 retard
>>
>>81437412
>no abstract ideas, boring, surface level.
you're a pleb and clearly you didn't pay any attention to what you were listening to, brainlet
>>
>>81437442
i don't feel like falling asleep yet so you can stick nostalgic64 up your faggot ass for now
>>
File: 1502989401392.jpg (32 KB, 720x480)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>81432776
He went from Imperial to THIS?
>>
>>81437570
Imperial was shit too retard. Imperial was denzel trying to sound like everyone else this is denzel trying to get on the radio
>>
>>81437513
how can you fall asleep with tracks like threatz?
>>81437589
imperial was denzel doing what he always did, but better. you wouldn't know what good rap was even if people would stick it up your ass
>>
>>81432776
this shit is trash, but imperial was great
>>
>>81437682
Wrong. Denzel did the whack ass radio singing on imperial with no drop at least nostalgic64 and 32zel/planet shrooms when he sang he would follow it up with hard ass rapping and on gook he straight up sounds like fat nick. Your music taste is shit. Sad!
>>
File: Cover.jpg (68 KB, 1000x1000)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
13 > Imperial
>>
Didnt like this at first, loved the other singles though. After a few listens the hook is pretty sticky, I understand thinking referencing Cobain is corny but eh its good. Excited to hear the full album and how the three parts will sound.
>>
>>81437829
Heartless and Zeltron are great tracks, such a good little ep
>>
>>81437829
Agreed
>>
>>81437832
What other singles are there besides percs and he references cobain but he is not even saying anything in the song. He made a song about nothing
>>
>>81437782
you clearly haven't listened to the same album as I did, cause he still went hard on imperial, but i guess you're too blinded by your hate to see it, right? shit pleb with a shittier taste
>>
>>81437925
It must have been your first denzel album thats okay anon. Im glad you can at least appreciate 32zel/planet shrooms and the classic that is nostalgic64
>>
>>81437944
first was nostalgic 64 dude, and imperial is a better record, you feel like a contrarian "i hate it because more people like it that they should"
>>
>>81437916
Sumo is going on the album

I think the new single is alluding to fame and selling out to acquire a large audience, the laughing hypebeast audience, the record exec telling denzel to dance and perform. I would agree if you said the message isnt clear without the video.
>>
is denzel intelligent enough to make this hook a commentary about the current state of hip hop? since emo rap seems to be rising and all

if then, the kurt cobain line is excused

"i just wanna feel myself, you want me to kill myself" as in, you want me to write about depressed shit to sell records
>>
>>81438099

the video also seems to reflect this, as he is just a circus act

everyone laughs when he pulls up the gun for instance
>>
>>81438040
It was a step back in everyway dude. But its okay, you like shit
>>
>>81438085
It isnt clear without the video. And its going on an album. If it needs the video then its shit. Same with this is america that retard acts like hes being all deep but talks about nothing in that song
>>
I'm looking forward for Ta13oo, especially the track with JPEG
>>81438186
What do you mean it isn't clear? I think it's pretty obvious with the title alone what the song's about
>>
>>81438162
bars and flows were better, beats were better, songs were more structured and well placed. as I said previously, we might not be talking about the same imperial, it's the original one, with narcotics
>>
WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY - THE ALBUM
>>
Denzels best tracks are by far and away the best songs of this wave of rap
>>
>>81438232
Just because he references kurt cobain doesnt mean anything, nothing he says after has anything to do with anything he is just coming up with lines to ra- i mean SING ffs why does every rapper start singing no one gives a fuck. You are a rapper not a singer
>>
File: image.jpg (351 KB, 1280x1280)
351 KB
351 KB JPG
denzel had the best verse on Kristi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eFrRK-zRZI
Trench coat mob is a Go-Go Gadget
You don't wanna see a pretty scene get drastic
Fuckin' with the Lords, no Frodo Baggins
Niggas bring your clothes to the screen like a fat bitch
Even though my name is Denzel, no actin'
Pap-pap, puttin' everything inside a casket
Track that, everything is gonna be a classic
Wrap that, put that bitch inside a prophylactic
When I'm rappin', got no hard-on, double tappin'
From a city built on coke and pistol-packin'
See you flaggin' and they packin' what you lackin'
Take you out and then they act like nothin' happen
Amnesia got rid of the heater
Back in the hood where they blowin' on reefer
I follow the light while you follow the leader
Now a nigga overseas where they checkin' my Visa, look
>>
File: 50m4is.jpg (160 KB, 800x800)
160 KB
160 KB JPG
>>81438358
also on Alakazam
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEFO5RfzjTU
>>
>>81438099
>>81438129
it's cute he's trying to point that out, but his attempt falls flat and is self-contradictory
despite the "underlying themes" of the current state of rap, he is still drawing attention to himself using the trends of current rap, which is unfortunately a cry for help for his career
look at someone like death grips, stay in their own lane without shitty trends, but denzel is the weaker man and has to play with the trends. it just means he's just as bad as any emo rapper tbfh
>>
>>81433676
He called it a clout circus but I do see the similarities between icp and denzel curry
>>
I found this video cringey but its warming up to me, I like the song well enough.

>>81434020
Except he had a hand in birthing the new wave, stop being dense, go listen to his projects with SGP/raider klan.
>>
>>81438417
>it's not death grips so it's shit
t. boomer
contradictions do not take away from music but that wasn't his point I think it was more personal he's pointing out at all the clout chasers who only appreciate an act when it's gone
>>
Was mostly looking forward to the new album for a Lil Ugly Mane feature. Instead I got JPEG "fuck white people" mafia. Disappointing

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.