[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 81FEENxoVzL._SX355_.jpg (46 KB, 355x353)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>Americans don't like this album

Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with that country?
>>
>>83329198
yes we do
>>
but i do like it, their second album is half good half shit
>>
oi, u got a license to be this dumb m8?

We love this record.
>>
>>83329198
>*deletes Don't Stop*
ahh.... perfect
>>
It's kind of niche but I wouldn't say we don't like it. I Am the Resurection actually plaued over the PA at a show I went to before the band came on about a month ago.

As for why it wasn't as popular here as in England in 1989 I couldn't tell you.
>>
>>83329244
They played that song live when I saw them in 2012, the absolute madmen.
>>
>>83329278
>As for why it wasn't as popular here as in England in 1989 I couldn't tell you.

Look at how England consumes pop-culture. Things are huge, spread fast, and then are gone in an instant. America is slower to latch on to things, but their impact tends to be more lasting.
>>
>>83329215
Generally I agree with this. I do feel Second Coming gets more hate than it deserves, and the standout songs on that album are some of the best they ever wrote.

A bit like Be Here Now by Oasis.
>>
>>83329298
America is the homeland of musical fads though. Post Grunge, Nu Metal, Skate Punk, Dirty South, etc.

Five years from now Mumble Rap will be forgotten about.
>>
>>83329332
Yeah, completely agree, but you're talking over a span of years. I'm talking months for England. Things both blow up and disappear much faster over there. Look at shoegaze, twee, madchester, jangle pop, punk, etc. You're looking at like a year and a half from when they materialize, reach their peak, and fall apart.
>>
>>83329244
das a good song tho
>>
>>83329207
You complained because they headlined Coachella fuck off yank
>>
File: loveislandstarterpack.jpg (168 KB, 960x704)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
>>83329198

Alright Deano lad? Didn't know you browsed /mu/ aha, still smashing that Essex bird? Sound mate!
>>
>>83329198
they have no culture to recognise this masterpiece
>>
Americans want grungy people, stabbing themselves in the head on stage. They get a bright bunch like the stone roses, with deodorant on, they don't get it.
>>
>>83329198
we do though
>>
>>83329198
Americans have garbage taste in rock music they only like safe, mediocre bands like Coldplay and Imagine Dragons
>>
>>83329198
There are probably some who do
>>
>>83329198
Not just top tunes but top musicians. What can't Reni and Mani do eh, proper playing.
https://youtu.be/dgK21zCLdf8

>>83330182
Fucking hell thats grim.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.