[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Is there anything else worth listening to from this group?
>>
The self-titled and Hell Songs 100% if you like what you heard
>>
Nothing is worth listening to from daughters
>>
>>83905439
>Popular right now = bad :( I'm special
>>
>>83905439
correct
>>83905716
>you don't like Imagine Dragons but with randumb guitar noise that sounds like it was all made on a laptop? clearly you're just a contrarian who's trying to look cool!
>>
>>83905759
>Everything I don't like is Imagine Dragons
>>
>>83905759
The most pleb post of the year here folks
>>
>>83905434
This. Tbh their whole discography is amazing(except their s/t EP which is some pretty sloppy mediocre grindcore), but s/t especially is a 10/10 noise rock masterpiece.
>>
S/T is their only good album

Anyone who non ironically listens to grindcore is 100% neckbeard, there is no musical value to that genre
>>
>>83905894
I’ve listened to some of s/t . You won’t get what you want is superior so far
>>
>>83905845
Idk man it’s pretty embarrassing but this>>83905894 is giving it a run for it’s money.

How is there no musical value? Sure there’s bands like anal cunt(still music) but there are some really great artists in the genre doing ambitious things(pig destroyer, magrudergrind, Discordance axis, etc)

Careful anon, you don’t want to humiliate yourself and be like this guy

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gi3qC_zQ4Po
>>
>>83906059

Please tell me the appeal of grindcore and post a grindcore song you """"like""""" as a reference
>>
>>83906174
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DFyU6NFrfFM

Here you go. Magrudergrind- Bridge Burner

I don’t really understand how it’s THAT much less “music” than death metal or speed metal. Grindcore is just a natural evolution of thrash metal that intends to push the limits of extreme metal as far as it can. It’s defined by incredibly fast tempos, often unintelligible screamed vocals that are more meant to set a rhythm, and fleeting, short songs usually in linesr format rather than being structured. It’s appeal is essentially the same as metal: to release energy, express oneself, and just go batshit. Let me know what you think of the track
>>
>>83906356

Based post, thanks for the link and explanation. I'll listen to now
>>
>>83906174
I don’t typivalky like grind core shit but I like the message and instrumentality of daughters. And the fact that they have clear vocals. I don’t care about most music where I can understand the screaming vocalist
>>
>>83906356

And OK 1:22 in this is already much better than the Daughters grindcore album I listened to which had no discernible melody/groove going on.

This track has a clear main riff, the vocals though screamed are rhythmic and go with it. Not bad and I'm deff out of my element here because I would have never even thought this song is "grindcore"

I remember in Daughters new little documentary they said that their grindcore albums were "them doing as many ideas as possible without repeating any of them" which is what I typically hate about grindcore.

For example, this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJAiILQFO3M

This is just boring to me.
>>
>>83906481
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykq5i5Jlllc

what about this track?
>>
>>83905399
That record is their worst, their highest peak was "acceptable" on their s/t. But really their discog is so fucking short that you should just listen to it all and decide for yourself.
>>
>>83906509
Not the guy that you're replying to, but this is my favourite song on the album. So cozy.
>>
>>83905759
please make a case for daughters sounding anything like imagine dragons i'd like to hear it
>>
>>83905845
>defending a meme album
>not pleb
lmao
>>
>>83906707
i like the versatility of this band mainly. I like metal but was never into screamo/grindcore shit, but if they can make a track like this and also something like guest house and satan in wait.. Makes me appreciate the album a lot more
>>
>>83906771
Everything on this site is a meme album, what's your point
>>
>>83906481
Ya the Daughters EP was them fucking around, and they’ve said since that they were just dicking around with ideas like you said. Grindcore as an art form is much more focused most of the time.

But yeah man I’m glad I could help show you something like this because the genre really gets a bum rap. It’s important to me that people keep an open mind with music and what is musc but yeah.

If you like that you’d probably also dig Pig Destroyer, so check out their album Prowler in the Yard if you’re ever inclined
>>
>>83905759
Imagine being such an NPC that you have a knee-jerk reaction of disgust to critical acclaim.
>>
their s/t is way better than the new album. I find it weird how much attention it is getting when the s/t got hardly any
>>
>>83907520
It’s definitely a shame that s/t is so overlooked, it’s a 10/10 imo. But I’m just really happy to see them picking up steam now with this also amazing album and am hopeful that it will have people looking back at the rest of their stuff.
>>
>This album is now a meme because of fantano
I really dislike this. I'm happy for their success or whatever but I can't help but feel that people are just fucking lemmings about it, because "tastemakers" turned them on to this shit. It's doubly bad because their s/t is a crushing record. It's truly phenomenal and one of the best records of the decade. No I'm not joking. But this album is getting the spotlight because...critics are freaking out over it? Where were they when that record came out? It's much better. More varied melodically/harmonically and just more in your face and energetic. Nothing wrong with building atmosphere or slowing things down, but this album is just a clear step down from s/t. The atmosphere building isn't THAT amazing like everyone claims. Idk. As a fan of this band for years this just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. People just hyping this record up to flex their taste muscles rather than actually enjoying the music, and of course, follow the crowd.
>>
>>83907338

Thanks senpai
>>
>>83907606
who cares how it gets attention you sperg. People will like it or dislike it , and possibly go on to explore their earlier work. form your own opinion
>>
>>83907830
>>83907830
>agrees with me
>still tries to argue
My whole complaint was that people didn't form their own opinion on the record. They just went ape shit because muh critical acclaim. I care because it just shows that people are looking to look tasteful rather than just enjoying the work, which I explained in the original post. Try reading through a little better next time.
>>
>>83908944
i didnt read it though
>>
>>83905439
they're not even popular. The album on yt has less than 100k views
>>
hell song is my personal fave, even over the new one

LOVEISADISGUSTINGTHINGLOVEISADISGUSTINGTHINGLOVEISADISGUSTINGTHINGLOVEISADISGUSTINGTHINGLOVEISADISGUSTINGTHINGLOVEISADISGUSTINGTHINGLOVEISADISGUSTINGTHINGLOVEISADISGUSTINGTHINGLOVEISADISGUSTINGTHINGLOVEISADISGUSTINGTHINGLOVEISADISGUSTINGTHINGLOVEISADISGUSTINGTHINGLOVEISADISGUSTINGTHINGLOVEISADISGUSTINGTHINGLOVEISADISGUSTINGTHINGLOVEISADISGUSTINGTHINGLOVEISADISGUSTINGTHINGLOVEISADISGUSTINGTHINGLOVEISADISGUSTINGTHINGLOVEISADISGUSTINGTHINGLOVEISADISGUSTINGTHINGLOVEISADISGUSTINGTHINGLOVEISADISGUSTINGTHINGLOVEISADISGUSTINGTHINGLOVEISADISGUSTINGTHINGLOVEISADISGUSTINGTHINGLOVEISADISGUSTINGTHINGLOVEISADISGUSTINGTHINGLOVEISADISGUSTINGTHINGLOVEISADISGUSTINGTHINGLOVEISADISGUSTINGTHINGLOVEISADISGUSTINGTHINGLOVEISADISGUSTINGTHINGLOVEISADISGUSTINGTHING
>>
I am loving this album, but don't care for noise rock in general. I just love the atmosphere. Is there anything you guys can recommend that is as effective as this album in building atmosphere?
>>
>>83909748

Flaming Lips' The Terror and Low's new album come to mind. Might also like The Drift by Scott Walker if you're digging this album's particular vibe.
>>
>>83909938
Thanks, comrade. I will check these out in the morning.
>>
>>83905759
Holy fucking shit I can't believe this is a real take
>>
>>83907338
Based, PiTY and Terrifyer are masterpieces.
>>
>>83910491
These are facts of the underground
>>
Listening through their discography I pretty much feel that they got better the further along they went. The grindcore stuff's fine, Hell Songs is a bit better than Canada Songs and S/T I suppose. Not really blown away but it's fine.

What I'm not really getting is how S/T's better than YWG. I mean, it's a great album, lovely bit of muscular noise rock but it's...just noise rock. There's good lyrics and performances in there for sure but it's kinda sticking to the whole "wall of sound" thing. That's fine and dandy, a good progression from the grindcore stuff, but in that same light YWG strikes me as a refinement of S/T. It's not AS visceral in the production department for sure but I absolutely prefer the songwriting and it really feels like they take their sonic palate and do more interesting things with it than just a wall of sound. For example, how the guitars wail and chime on Satan In The Wait, how the dissonance on Less Sex cuts through almost like rays of light, or just how focused the hellish melodies on Guest House are. I feel like YWG takes what S/T had under the surface and works harder to shape and mold the sounds and textures to accent all of that, resulting in more diverse and interesting actual songs. If S/T was a conscious move away from the early releases, YWG comes across as a sound refinement of where S/T was going but hadn't quite gotten to just yet. It's hard for me to believe that there's an 8 year gap between these albums, really. I don't think the band missed a beat in their artistic growth.
>>
>>83905399
If you can't tell how derivative this album is, you're part of the crowd that killed /mu/.
>>
>>83905399
Canada Songs is pretty bad, the other 2 are amazing
Hell Songs is one of the biggest debut to sophomore rises in quality ever
>>
>>83911308
Tell me oh great genius basement lurker what should we be listening to instead
>>
>>83906481
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5T9txtUoSw

this is also good
>>
>>83905439
based and redpilled
>>
This album fills me with anxiety and dread and I haven't been able to get through a full listen.

I appreciate what they've done with the album but I'm too much of a pussy to handle it.

Saw a 'making of' on YouTube and they seem like such chill guys. The lead singer especially seems so meek and mild.
>>
What the fuck year am I in that daughters are being talked about at all? Next you're gonna tell me about the new blood brothers album.
>>
>>83913078

The one where they released a new album about 2 weeks ago.
>>
>>83905716
They're not popular
>>
>>83905759
>imagine dragons
i cant even imagine the mental gymnastics it takes to post something like this
>>
>>83905759
How embarrassing
>>
New album and hell songs are amazing
I prefer hell songs
>>
But what about protodaughters aka As the Sun Sets?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.