[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

why is Earl Sweatshirt generally considered to be a "prodigy" when it comes to rapping? also thoughts on his new track?
>>
>>83905887
>why is Earl Sweatshirt generally considered to be a "prodigy" when it comes to rapping?
I have no idea. He's like Nas without an Illmatic
>>
he was a good rapper with a good back story, but he kinda threw it away with drugs/depression. His new track is kinda just feels like he wants to appeal to newer trends in rap with the whole ayy flow, I wish he just stuck to his roots
>>
>>83905913
Yeah but Doris is better than illmatic
>>
Who calls him a prodigy? Closest I've seen to that description is him being the most talented out of OF

Which I agree with desu. New track is dope too, can't wait for the new album
>>
>>83905887

I'm not a rap expert and I haven't listened to much of his stuff, but the little I have listened to flows in kind of a surreptitious, swinging, unexpected way, which is the pleasure of it. The verse on Oldie (about 7:00 in) is pretty much what I have in mind. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubobf9M4QzU Also it's nice for him that he found a hairstyle that works for his face, apparently.
>>
>>83905887
If you really have to ask that question then you really don't know shit about hip hop.

Just listen to Earl and Doris. He's definitely one of the best rappers of recent years.
>>
>>83906394
I'll also add that his drug use and depression also stifled his momentum.
>>
>>83905961
Danny Brown said he was the best in the game

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.