[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 36 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Osuvu3FgN70&ab_channel=garys.projects
>>
>is it mental illness?
Shorts over leggins? Yeah. Otherwise sovl.
>>
>>1959206
Shit bike desu. Weighs probably as much as 2 proper bikes. No carbon, silly 1x drivetrain instead of a proper Di2, balloon tires, probably not even tubeless, flat pedals,.. seems like a shitty larper to me.
>>
>>1959237
dunning-kruger
>>
>>1959237

This is NOT a race
>>
>>1959240
you're ferrying cargo within an agreed timeframe multiple times per day. the more deliveries you make, the more money you get, the faster you go, the more deliveries you make. it literally is a race.
>>
>>1959249
You will be slower if you have to be careful to not get a scratch on your carbon bike.
>>
>>1959237
great bait. a bit on the nose, got me on the Di2 tho.
>>
>>1959238
>>1959240
>>1959258
You guys are falling for this?
>>
>>1959206
I like Gary but that Kat bikes guy is such an insufferable faggot.
>>
>>1959206
What is the root of this “gear check” obsession. Just subliminated consoomerism?
>>
>queer bike gang
>>
>>1959260
you think i don't know what bait is?
>>
>>1959206
Yes it is
>>
>>1959303
Just ego puffing on the internet
>>
I like putting patches on my bags too
>>
>>1959206
>acab
who's this myopic dimwit gonna call when his bike gets stolen?
>>
>>1959206
>dirtbags
>trashpanda
>acab
>gay
>vegan
>carries a knife to attack people
>carries his bike lock on his person instead of in the frame (to attack people)
Yep, I'd say he's mentally ill. If any Melbourne bros see him call it in and hopefully he'll pull the knife on the cops.
>>
>>1959206
>basket
>bungee cords everywhere
>full fenders
looks like the kind of guy who gets kicked out of every bar in town and thinks it makes him cool
>>
It's 2023.
Everything is a mental illness, including bike riding.
>>
>>1959206
What is the point of the shitty uncomfortable back pack instead of putting it on your bike? Retard doesn't even have a rear rack like wtf.

reminds me of that homeless dude who delivers pizzas on a fixie with like 50cm bars. He just holds the pizza in one hand and awkwardly rides down the road, I think the video was in memorial of him but it just seemed sad.
>>
>>1964945
>carries a knife to attack people
>carries his bike lock on his person instead of in the frame (to attack people)
Wait I thought we loved concealed carry and self defense? Churbros? Which is it?
>>
>>1964978
Please develop a personality of you own.
>>
>>1964843
you actually think cops care about stolen bikes in any country?
>>
>>1964978
>reads "attack people" as "self defense"
Like I said, mental illness.
>>
>>1964843
from polbrainrot import thinblueline

try:
whatifcrime = crime(yourshit)

except reality:
print("jk lolol acab")
>>
>>1964987
this
>>
>>1964989
Where in the video
>from 9:28 to 9:38
is "to attack people" implied?

Please kill yourself at your earliest convenience
>>
>>1965095
>meat packages
He's obviously referring to people, there's no legitimate need for a courier to have a knife to deliver meat. And he knows it, he admits that it would be a problem if a cop saw it.

Also it's really telling that the biggest spike in viewing is when he's showing off the knife, seems everyone watching knows it's a weapon not an innocuous tool, you included. You fucking know he carries it because it's a weapon, just like he carries a bike lock on his hip, bouncing off his leg as he pedals instead of neatly stowed out of the way in the frame, because it's more accessible, as a weapon, on his hip.

The whole "dirtbag acab" punk scene is well documented and extremely pathetic. Bunch of middle-class kids whose lawyer dads still pay the rent so they can dress up as a caricature of the working class as a way of coping with not being born poor. Courier larping didn't pay for his holiday in the states, or that bike, or his drug habits.

It you want to know what an actual courier looks like, he's middle-aged, middle-eastern, on a moped, speaks shit English, smells like cigarettes, and lives with 4 other identically situated men with families back home. He's not a white FAGGOT on a surly with tattoos to hide the heroin needle marks.
>>
>>1965129
>You fucking know he carries it because it's a weapon
Yeah. That said, when did he imply the knife was to *attack* people? It's a pretty serious accusation and I have a feeling that you wouldn't have said that had the person not fit the "punk" aesthetic and/or if it was a handgun. Maybe I'm mistaken and you're a full-on no weapons policy type, not faulting you for that if true.
>just like he carries a bike lock on his hip, bouncing off his leg as he pedals instead of neatly stowed out of the way in the fram
This one is a reach. If you've riden fixies or any type of aggressive urban riding with any stuff with you you would know that you're much more manouverable if the weight is on your torso instead of your bike. The bike and whatever is on it is essentially unsprung mass and the lower it is the easier it is to control over bumps kerbs and such.
>because it's more accessible, as a weapon, on his hip.
Again, you're reaching. If you're a messenger you're probably locking and unlocking the bike every 10-15 minutes and it's worth shaving off a few seconds with the lock on the hip and the key ready in the keyhole than to fiddle with the frame attachment thingy. Not to mention whatever plastic shit that would be holding the lock to the frame would break after a few drops from a kerb, happened to me and everyone I know who carried the lock that way.

You're absoluterly right about him being a complete flaming faggot and all, but I think you're also percieving danger where there is none. You know well that the whole "white dirtbag acab punk" archetype is all bark and no bite. There is no epidemic of white punk knife and bike lock violence, they're just faggots who like to show off their fuckin' nunchucks and butterfly knives.
Great writeup and good points overall.
>>
at least he rides unlike (You)
>>
File: spray.jpg (47 KB, 478x640)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>1964974
>fenders are bad
i don't understand you masochists man
>>
>>1965260
Atleast I'm not a literal faggot thoughbeit
>>
>>1959237
this anon knows
>>
File: 1661503024232265.gif (3.97 MB, 400x224)
3.97 MB
3.97 MB GIF
>>1965129
good insight
>>
>>1964987
people who watched 1000 episodes of law and order SVU have an unusual view of law enforcement
>>
>>1959206
Imagine larping a time before the internet has been invented and large companies exploting the gig economy control the bicycle delivery business while mot allowing employees the autonomy of personal gear while outcompeting everyone else. Hint: They would give the pizza guys cars if it was more economical.
>>
>>1959206
decent bike, his clothes, and him in general is the worst thing iv ever seen though.
>>
>>1959206
I'm not someone who would say pins on converses or bags is mentall ilness but there's a line and he crossed it.

>>1965129
>ust like he carries a bike lock on his hip, bouncing off his leg as he pedals instead of neatly stowed out of the way in the frame, because it's more accessible, as a weapon, on his hip.
This is the most retarded reach I've seen in a while. Consider going outside. nobody who rides any meaningful amount stows locks on their bike

>>1965135.
All of this, but I wouldn't have been so nice. The guy is clearly a suburboid who rides around a golf course lake on the weekends and gets his understanding of the world trough tv.
>>
>>1959206
>send important item via bike courier
>it never arrives because the retard turned into a bloody pancake after trying to squeeze through two city buses so he could get some epic footage for his gay youtube videos
>you have to send said item again using a proper courier because the last one died

Yeah, sounds pretty useless to me.
>>
>>1959237
they hated him for telling the truth
>>
>>1959206
Bikefags are as retarded as audiophiles when it comes to spending outrageous amounts on money on snake oil.
>>
>>1976537
What's your hobby?
>>
>>1976559
Dragging home broken crap I found that was left out with the trash so I can plan on fixing it some day

Tripping over broken shit I have everywhere

Posting on the internet about how warren buffet didn't get rich by eating food that was better than mcDonalds
>>
>>1976572
>my hobbies are collecting garbage and mumbling incoherently about warren buffets

NY or LA?
>>
>>1976537
Why don't you get a job so you can afford real headphones like the Koss Porta-Pro
>>
File: 20240222.jpg (190 KB, 896x1344)
190 KB
190 KB JPG
>>1959206
Them THUNDER THIGHS don't just happen you know..
>>
>>1976537
Everyone who gets too deep into any hobby is like this. There is a point where hobbyists move past making reasonable purchases and decide to spend 300% more on some random component that gives them ~1% benefit over the comparable, reasonably priced component

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.