[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 40 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Ex-an/o/n here.
I might have said cyclists are gay in the past, but I kneel now.
I hate EVs, and will as such purchase a bicycle to get around.

I live out of the city though, and would appreciate advice on how to be safe cycling on rural roads.
Still won't ride public transport though.
>>
>>1963110
As a former /o/tist myself, I'm curious, what's your hate on EVs?
>>
>>1963110
>I live out of the city though (I specifically consider the parasitic sattelite suburbs as *not* the city)
>>
>>1963110
I've been told to keep a light. I have a flashing light on the back of my helmet. A multi speed bike is usually good, but I gave a 2 speed so it doesnt really matter. Also be wary of your speed. Your probably gonna be a bit slow at first so give urself about an extra 30 minutes for your commute. Typically rural roads are pretty good about cyclists, just stay safe!
>>
Wear bright clothes, wear a helmet (preferably white or neon), use lights, use your arms as indicators. Ride predictably, stick to sidewalks if the speed difference between you and the cars is significant.
Learn bunnyhopping and other useful moves to avoid potholes, drains and other obstacles.
>>
>>1963110
>cyclists were gay
I'm ten years carless 15 miles from the city. So I'm ahead of you and would still say cyclists are gay (thee most affluent yuppies fetishizing, market polluting poor people necessities). In fact everyone is. Motorolists are just murderously gay.
Are you commuting daily?

>>1963112
They will destroy the world AGAIN. peak greenwashing. Ain't seen Planet of the Humans?
>>
>>1963130
>They will destroy the world AGAIN. peak greenwashing.
Truth and Toyota 1:6:90 pilled. Also EVs, land yacht SUVs, and pickuck trucks have higher curb weights which mean more tire and brake dust airborne particulates, which leads to retardation
>>
>>1963112
OP here.
I hate them because they're globohomo bullshit.
Also, they are fucking annoying to drive, and at that point, I'd rather never drive again.
>>
>>1963120
Thank you for the good advice, fren. I will make sure to buy a light :)
Can you tell me, is it feasible to cycle 15km, then grocery-shop for a few hours, and then cycle 15km back (with a little bike trailer?)

This is once a week.
>>
File: IMG_0938.jpg (662 KB, 1280x960)
662 KB
662 KB JPG
>>1963154
Yeah man
>>
welcome! anybody on a bike is a friend of mine. riding in rural areas can potentially be kind of dicey. do you ever see cyclists on the roads. your safety as a cyclist is directly related to the number of cyclists on the road and how used to cyclists motorists become as a result. not sure where you're living. in some rural areas here in burgerland it can still be legitimately dangerous to be a cyclist. i've been yelled at, had things thrown at me, and aggressively cut off numerous times while cycling in rural texas. as other people have said, make sure you get blinky lights and have other reflective stuff to allow you to be easily seen. definitely get yourself a set of full fenders for your bicycle. they are absolutely life-changing unless you live somewhere where it never rains. try and find/make a friend who knows about bikes who can help you shop for one and maybe find a decent used one. i hope it goes well! commuting by bicycle is one of life's great joys.
>>
>>1963112
stealth cagies are a menace
>>
Sounds like you live in the real world and don't have your head up your ass, so I would recommend you pick up a copy of this and internalize it. The variety of brainrot you will encounter on "urbanism" internet bubbles will get you killed. Whenever you read advice on cycling for transportation you need to understand that 90% of it is aspirational fashion politics crafted to "win" a social media argument, and has nothing to do with cycling as it exists in the meatspace.
>>
>>1963239
Thank you very much for the comprehensive advice, anon, and the resource.
I know what you mean very well - been on here for over a decade, and seen my fair share of rodeos.
"Cutting off a Ford F-450 to own the truggolds" is an amazing way to get oneself killed.

I plan to utilize the very large trail riding network in our part of the country, as you can get to 3 major cities with just that network.
Hope it will keep me well-separated from road traffic.

>>1963167
I appreciate the welcome, fren. :)
I used to cycle quite a bit, when I was younger - was an avid mountain biking enthusiast.
I still have it laying around, actually, somewhere, probably.

As for your question regarding the number of cyclists, I'm afraid the answer is precisely 0.
Well, on the trail networks, about a milliom, but zero on the roads.

But there are stretches of 1-2km roads I will need to go on to get from one trail to the other.
So that kind of sucks.
I have blinky lights and a handlebar mirror from a moped I used to own, so I will use those.
>>
>>1963268
that's good. maybe this is really obvious advice as well but try in general to be very mindful of what's around you and particularly behind you. don't ride with earbuds and use your mirror. it's a good habit to get good at peaking over your shoulder without swerving on your bike. when i ride in the city i am constantly listening and looking over my shoulder without thinking about it anymore. i never want there to be a car behind me that i'm not aware of
>>
>>1963239
Is this some new muttoid cope?
>>
>>1963154
Absolutely no problem anon. I average around 18km/h with my 20kg dog in a 10kg dog trailer using a Mtb with 2.7 offroad tires.
Do you need to do any elevation? Steep hills really suck with any extra load.
>>
>>1963134
I tried to post the Toyota line as thread and it was jannied. Guess the fucking morons want Toyota to buy an ad.....
>>
>>1963268
>the answer is precisely 0.
this sucks because in my opinion it really depends on the country and the surroundings. in my part of the world countless old pensioners on road bikes in the rural roadshave managed to instill in the car driver a deadly scare of their impredicability.
anyway rural people not accustomed to cyclists are the worst case scenario. they'll take over without a proper distance on your left or even run over you while checking over instagram because they don't expect a cyclist on the road.
i read a terrible news of a uk tractor driver mauling a woman on a straight road. He was on snapchat. he wasn't watching the road at all.
point is you'll always get the drunk or sleepy dude behind you but it's better if he has already seen a cyclist on the road and is pea brain is somewhat prepared at that idea.
so my only safety advice would be get the fuck visible i'm talking orange fluo vest and yellow helmet better be known as the weirdo cyclist than as the flattened one.
>>
>>1963268
>>1963637
handlebar mirror is useless unfortunately, put it if it helps you cope with this scary new thing, but you'll learn to just use your hearing. around here old folks will sometimes honk at you while taking over, they don't know we cyclist hear em from the distance. i can tell even the kind of
vehicle without looking at it.
also just think as a driver. would you say a slender road cyclist in a dark lycra suit with a blinking light is visible in a cloudy day?
>>
File: IMG-7853.jpg (573 KB, 2016x1512)
573 KB
573 KB JPG
>>1963110
How I cycle the back countries:

>Helmet
>Front and rear lights
>High-vis vest at morning and evening. Or just get a neon yellow windbraker or shirt.

And just ride.

The other part of it is route selection so you stay on quieter roads and being extra cautious on tight bends and turns (especially left turns).
>>
>>1963110
Bright colors and lights help a lot, assume that you are not seen until proven otherwise. One thing on roads at least near me in the burbs is avoid the urge to ride in the parking shoulder. I will use it to allow people to pass but I have found it's better to just be in the lane where I'm not dipping in and out of sight. I also avoid riding close to parked cars as I don't want to get killed by someone swinging the door open without looking. It feels a little dorky but for busy areas a bell honestly helps a lot to signal your presence around pedestrians (especially on trails where people put headphones on), blind corners, and if it's piercing enough sometimes cars. It may be just me but I also make an effort to wave and acknowledge people who aren't dicks in their cars to try to encourage the good behavior. It's kind of inevitable that you share the space with vehicles so be predictable and polite and at the very least you know who the asshole in a given situation is.

As far as gear, imo for a commute or grocery getter go with the rack, pack, or basket. Maybe it's just me but any substantial weight in a backpack sucks to ride with due to more pressure on the saddle and it gets sweaty without airflow. I personally also like to carry the tools to get the bike home, what comfort level that is for you is your choice but I think an easy and cheap one is a spare tube, patch kit (for tube or tubeless), and CO2 or pump (ideally both for higher volume or higher pressure tires just to save time). Personally I like tubes for commutes, save the troubleshoot for home and just swap the inner if you have an issue.
>>
>>1963112
An EV traffic jam is the same as a ICE traffic jam minus the smoke
They require the same parking space
They require new and expensive infrastructure in order to be practical
Charging takes hours and have less range
Blow up if you look at them funny
>>
>>1963110
im in the uk cycling rurally its pretty brutal
roads are narrow blind steep and rough
everyone drives like a rally driver
my advice is to learn to ride offroad first to develop your skills before going on the road
start on quiet easy roads before you go to the dangerous ones
biggest piece of advice is to learn positioning mainly where not to be in corners so that when a car comes flying round the other way you are where they can see you and where they are least likely to hit you
never EVER hug the inside of the corner closely as even if it would put them on the wrong side drivers will often cut the corner
they also cant see you on the inside
im talking about singletrack roads btw if theres a line down the middle always stay on your side but apply the same logic to it
left and right hand turns are both to be treated differently and how fast youre going (whether you are going up or down hill) also changes where you want to be
positioning is literally life or death on the road especially blind corners
buy some lights, a red and a white
a proper headlight if you want to ride in pitch black darkness
always carry a spare tube and everything youl need to change it
a screwdriver with all the righ ends for the screws on your bike can be a life saver too
get a frame bag to carry all your junk
put your phone in a holder or a top bag so you can have gps on it
thats all i can think of good luck op!
also a mirror on your handlebar can be really helpful too because electric cars will sneak up on you they do it to me all the time and scare the shit out of me
find a riding buddy or two, someone who knows the roads and how to ride them theyl teach you more than this thread or any other online content will
>>
>>1964682
oh wait heres some good advice for learning
go riding when its getting dark (not when its pitch black) so you can see cars headlights
youl be able to see a car coming by their headlights before they even get to the corner
id say that time of day is when i feel safest as its like i have xray vision
during bright daylight cars will take me by surprise and i have no time to prepare so i have to already be where i think is safest on the road
>>
>>1964683
My Schwinn has a "never ride as night" sticker. Meanwhile it's the safest form why you said. Although I'd caveat it with darker and off hours as possible. A light does 1000 times what a hi-vis. vest does.
>>
>>1964683
nowadays cars have blinding headlight pointing straight ahead is a faggot competition at who can blind the most. i prefer to use my ears.
Also
>i have no time to prepare
what tf does this mean? you're gonna stop on the road shoulder and make some tea for every car passing by? Just ride steady and in the proper road position if you can't find a more quiet road. there's nothing you can do if you catch the dude coming back from work at dusk dozing off behind you
>>
>>1963112
the only problem they solve is local air pollution, but not completely because of the rubber tyres
they make road wear worse, and the logistics of recharging is a total catastrophe
unlike petrol stations where cars are in and out in no more than 5 minutes, EVs have to be stationary in the parking spot for 45 minutes to an hour
this is a huge limitation on how many cars can recharge per day, and if you want to charge at home, you have to have a driveway, which not everybody can afford to have, especially close to the city centre which is where you want people to own EVs
>>
>>1965197
weird argument. most city streets are being redone to have charging docks. I don't think they should be, but they are. I don't even like electric cars but your reasons they are bad are weird reasons. between less carbon monoxide/ozone/nitrous oxide/pm 2.5/pm10, and more of that, I'll take less. also the drivers are AI so they're less likely to road rage and murder you for existing.
>>
>>1965201
reduced air pollution is clearly a good thing, but we should move towards that goal by reducing cars on the road through improving alternative modes of transport
logistically, EVs don't work on a large scale
this isn't surprising because regular cars don't either, but it's even worse for EVs
>>
>>1965202
what, exactly, do you mean by "a large scale"? they're not 1:1 replacements for gas cars? I don't think anyone is saying they were? are you the same person who says shit like "we can't have trains because they're not cars", "we can't have alternative energy because it's not nuclear", "we can't have bikes because there aren't bike lanes", etc?
>>
>>1965202
>>1965203
also, if they're such a shitty replacement for gas cars, wouldn't that be an argument in favor since it would discourage frivolous use of cars for use cases where another form of transport would work better, such as intercity?
>>
>>1965203
the dysfunction of EVs at scale is far worse than normal cars
if EVs were the primary mode of transport, it would create worse land use than we currently have to accommodate the charging network, it would be dramatically more expensive to build and maintain the EV infrastructure than the current car infrastructure
they are simply not viable as a main mode of transport, and are only viable as a small-scale novel alternative to regular cars
>>1965204
the solution to the failure of cars is not to build more car infrastructure
>>
>>1965209
nonsensical, emotion-based arguments. go ahead and call me a cagetroll now, I can tell this is going nowhere
>>
>>1965213
I have no idea how you can interpret concerns about logistics as emotion-based reasoning
building proper transport infrastructure is cheaper and more effective than accommodating EVs
>>
>>1965216
I don't like electric cars. I don't like cars. I don't have a car. I don't want a car. I hate riding in cars. I hate being around car. I want all cars gone. that includes electric cars. I believe I've said that to you in several different ways already. and yet you're still hung up on arguing against a "cagetroll" who wants to do a bunch of things that aren't in this thread and I never proposed, and I many cases I said were bad, or dumb, or impossible.

emotional arguments, because all you're interested in here is extending your reddit circlejerk from /r/fuckcars/ to 4chins, instead of having an interesting discussion, which you're unable to do
>>
>>1965219
you have an IQ lower than the number of posts in this thread
I think the logistics behind refuelling engine cars versus recharging EVs is very interesting and very relevant
if you want to refuel your car, you stop at the petrol station for 5 minutes
the petrol station can accommodate a dozen vehicles refuelling at one time
at perfect efficiency using these fictional values, you can refuel 144 vehicles in an hour
not all the land can be dedicated to refuelling, because the cars need to enter and exit the station, and there has to be the shop selling tat and minor refreshments
in the best case scenario, an EV can recharge in 30 minutes, which means you would need 72 dedicated parking spots to meet the same capacity as the petrol station, which is larger than the footprint of the entire petrol station complex
>>
>>1965242
not reading all that
which oil company do you work for?
>>
>>1965202
Without a redesign of the car concept itself (making them smaller, lighter, and more efficient) the EV brings more problems than it solves. Recent studies have shown tailpipe emissions to account for only about 7% of airborne particulates while tire and brake dust particulates account for 20% of fine particulate matter pollution. As cars get heavier, this will only trend worse. Tailpipe emissions were largely solved with the enforcement of the catalytic convertor and tightening of emissions standards, however, the loosening of emissions standards in many states and counties for pre-OBDII required vehicles means there is a regression in clean air policies backed by a complete lack of tire and brake dust particulate awareness. The truth is, the car as we envision it is unsustainable. We need to move to more sensible policies that prioritize energy and space efficiencies, not the bottom line.
>>
I was an /o/tist then the more I learned about cars the more I learned it's stupid to build your entire transportation system around them.
>>
>>1965262
the tyre issue still exists with some forms of transit like buses, but trams are a better alternative since they use tracks and they're powered by electricity
>>
>>1963134
What is 1:6:90
>>
>>1963110
If you live in rural America, stay strapped.
>>
>>1965633
Toyota analysts did the math and figured out building 1 long range EV takes as much labor and material cost as 6 partially EV plug-in hybrids or 90 conventional hybrids. Their conclusion was a complete switch to EVs would be unsustainable with today's technological and supply chain standards.
>>
>>1963239
>The variety of brainrot you will encounter on "urbanism" internet bubbles will get you killed.
absolutely correct.
Way the hell back in the summer of 1995 when i took a driver's ed class, the instructor offered similar advice.
"Be right, but don't be dead right"
He thought it was hilarious wordplay.
Anyway the message being that it doesn't matter if the other guy broke the rules if you're the one who wound up with your skull caved in.

It's definitely important to know the rules, know how to be assertive and take the lane when the situation calls for it. But you also need to be able to recognize a dangerous scenario and use whatever options are at your disposal to be safe, including just getting the fuck off your bike and walking like a pedestrian through the dangerous area.

>>1963268
The closest call I ever had when driving was when I was pulling out of a spot when it was dark and rainy, I did not see a cycler because their small bike headlight just looked like a refracted light from a street lamp through a drip of water on the mirror, and all the other reflected light made the rest of the cyclist totally invisible in the glare and contrast. They were going too fast and either not paying attention to parked cars or just assumed they were visible and would be yielded right of way.

Those were city conditions in a bike-heavy area where I was specifically aware of bikes and looking for them (I rode this street almost every day in good weather), but missed one because it was essentially invisible to me. Luckily the bike was barely able to stop before colliding with me.
>>
>>1965843
>>1965633
>>1963134
>1:6:90
That number is actually just directly comparing energy capacities of the respective batteries.
So, with the materials of one EV battery you could make 6 plug-in-hybrid batteries or 90 conventional hybrid batteries. (ignoring different chemistries and all that)
The thing is, the hybrid still consumes gas 95% of the time, it's battery pretty much just serves as a buffer.
I have to give it one to plug-ins, unless you set it to always charge the battery with gas, with its capacity you could do all your city and errand mileage on electric power, which is the majority of mileage for most people, AND you don't have to worry about range.

This is the exact type of data that sounds catchy and is easily misinterpreted and easy to mislead people with, so it spreads fast among midwits.
>>
>>1965851
>But you also need to be able to recognize a dangerous scenario and use whatever options are at your disposal to be safe, including just getting the fuck off your bike and walking like a pedestrian through the dangerous area.
>BRO WHY BUILD BIKE LANES BRO JUST WALK BRO
Great argument against cyclist infrastructure. Really selling it.
>>
>>1965867
I'm not making any argument for or against cyclist infrastructure that is the main goddamn point. Idiots get so wrapped up in political shilling they lose sight of reality. Arguments for or against infrastructure should never influence advice on how you should cycle on the road. It's not worth your life.
>>
>>1965871
The whole schtick of John Forester and his supporters (who don't ride) is to oppose cycling infrastructure and all the other measures that made cycling sucessful in countries that they like to pretend don't exist.
These issues aren't unrelated.
Riding on the road is fine and your right as a cyclist, being safe on one is important too.
But parroting "be right not dead right" is basically just a call to bend over and not ride because the cagies are gonna ignore the rules anyway, instead of promoting ideas that would fix the issue of cycling being dangerous in the first place.
>>
>>1965873
>who don't ride
Sorry but if we don't ride how can we also be a bunch of elitist racer freds who are trying to gatekeep cycling for their fellow toxic masculine thrill seekers?

Schroedinger's Vehicular Cyclist?
>>
>>1965875
>elitist racer freds who are trying to gatekeep cycling for their fellow toxic masculine thrill seekers
>no ride
I see no contradiction.
>>
>>1965873
I can only take your word for it, I was responding to the comment itself not the image.
>>
>>1965888
The person you're responding to is a reactionary batavophile who thinks it's unreasonable to expect drivers to be held accountable for their behavior or for roads to be designed in such a way that driving like a maniac results in consequences for the driver

Instead he wants cyclists to beg for permission in the form of a special, separate but equal bike path. No bike path? No ride for you!

These kinds of scumbags pretend to be "cycling activists" but in reality they are just working for car supremacy.
>>
>>1965901
In my experience, bike lanes can be done well and done poorly. I can say from experience that putting a bike lane in-between parking and driving lanes is a very sketchy design.

On the one hand, having a bike lane does tend to help cars stay aware of bikes, but it can most definitely lead to over-confident bikers who treat the lane as a guarantee and fail to maintain proper awareness and caution based on the actual risks present. Bike lane or not, you should never ride full speed along a row of parked cars and should always be ready for car doors to fling open and cars to move into the lane because they're getting ready to park (pic related)
>>
File: mass-ave-cambridge.jpg (419 KB, 1794x730)
419 KB
419 KB JPG
This bike lane is nice. But unfortunately at least in the US it's not always practical to eliminate the street parking (there hadn't been parking allowed here since long before the big lines and pylons were added).
>>
>>1965901
>No bike path? No ride for you!
Holy strawman
>>
>>1965901
>but in reality they are just working for car supremacy
This is some mega bait
>>
>>1963110
>cycling on rural roads.
don't do it, not worth it any more,
anyway
get some really bright bike lights, daytime running lights
get an mirror, looking over your shoulder is too slow and not advisable at high speed + bad road surfaces
learn the busy times of that road and avoid them
if you see a pick-up truck or hatchback get ready for some careless driving
>>
File: 1681776530463763.png (34 KB, 187x230)
34 KB
34 KB PNG
Convert thread?

Are there are any resources on analyzing and creating routes? I live in an overdeveloped third world shithole and want to avoid traffic, but there is not bike infrastructure and no web-resources on bike-friendly routes.

Also, is having your bike in your car for medium-distance travel a thing? I cannot get rid of my car because I do travel far or carry things, but there are manny situations where I park my car somewhere and complete my trip by walking in order to avoid traffic, might as well take my bike with me.
>>
>>1966265
>analyzing and creating routes
Komoot app. Ridewithgps on desktop. I hate to admit it but even Google maps bike has got good.
They should give you a broad route and then you edit it based on your experience of which road is best.

>having your bike in your car for medium-distance travel a thing
No
>>
>>1966267
I did some research and apparently there are bikes with quick release mechanism in their wheels (I am a no-bike-nigger, so this is new to me). That should probably be enough to fit in my car and carry around.

My situation is a bit weird, I live and work in two separate walkable clusters, but I gave Komoot a try and watched some videos and it made me aware that I can just avoid main streets and use alternative routes instead, whilst they is no hope for them to have bicycle paths, I know there will be less traffic. Lax laws and enforcement also mean that I can just invade sidewalks.

Now I must decide what bike I should buy, I do not know how quick-release bikes compare to normal ones in therms of cost, but ideally I want the assembly and disassembly process to take less than a minute each, require no tools nor produce any small loose pieces I can lose.
>>
>>1966471
>there are bikes with quick release mechanism in their wheels
yes, pretty much all of them except department store shitters. mr. campagnolo invented it in like the 1950s
>>
>>1966475
Woah...
>>
>>1963110
So would you not kneel for a gay cyclist? Would you please bend over in that case?
>>
>>1963110
Larping aside, the most important thing in rural cycling is to let people pass. Move over to the side of the road, let them pass, get back on the road.

It's not that hard.
>>
>>1963110
>I might have said cyclists are gay in the past, but I kneel now.

They all will fall.

>I hate EVs

Just like for bikes, you will eventually kneel for these too.

>>1963962
Only valid complaint is needing infrastructure

>can charge at home, at your convenience
>slap a solar panel on it in the only good states (cali & texas) for free charging
>much better driving and handling
>open doors for new transport technology not boring old ice

Anyway, the only advice you really need for riding on rural roads (I ride about 10-15 miles outside a small city in Texas) is to

(1) wear brightass visibility colors and helmet
(2) be predictable, obvious and follow the same rules as cars. Stop at red lights and stop signs.
(3) take the entire fuckin lane when needed. slowing down cagies? fuck em.
>>
>>1963110
So you're a poorfag?
>>
>>1963110
>I hate EVs
In my experience, most people who say that have never driven an EV. It annoys the fuck out of me that they are marketed as "green" (which is obviously bullshit), it's just better technology and should be marketed accordingly.

Congrats on switching to bikes, tho. My advice is to get a small rearview mirror for your bike to keep them cagers in check. Lights and high-visibility clothing are a must. Puncture proof tires are also advisable for rural roads.

>Still won't ride public transport though.
You're browsing /n/ now. You will, eventually.
>>
File: 2media_GBhPD8wbwAAXLML.jpg (297 KB, 1358x1934)
297 KB
297 KB JPG
>>1968999
And petition for bicycle-only lanes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM8Xli2KTzI
>>
>>1963110
The harder you go the safer you are. All gay no brakes, always.
Sounds counterintuitive but trust me it works. This effect has been researched and the science is out: Cyclists that go hard live longer. Because it helps your awareness and you're the obly one looking out for yourself, a cager will run you over wether youre going 5 or 20 mph. You'll learn to identify situations that motorists lack the mental ability to deal with ahead of time, amongst others those include:
Roundabouts, turning left, turning right, crossing bike paths while turning, crossing bike paths while merging, merging in general ... and many more.
Stay off the bike path unless you know the route and know what you are doing, those are death traps. Cagers lack the mental ability to focus on a simple thing such as the road they are using, by no means will they ever mind the adjacent bike path. Be on the road and preferably close to another car, because the cager may not care about you but they care about their murdercage and thus won't hit you when that means crashing cars too.
>>
>>1966265
Use the heatmap on strava
>>
>>1971646
>petition to be segregated into your little bantustan where you have cageoid permission to ride between two predefined points and only between those two predefined points
do batavophiles really?
>>
>>1977042
>batavophiles
What?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ifv1gbWf3eE
>>
>>1963110
>safe cycling on rural roads.
impossabru, some times of the day there are too many cars, so its a game of chance.
anyway get a really bright tail light and a ton of reflectors, and a mirror if you can find one that does not suck.
also being on the open road shakes the bike around a lot, make sure nothing on your bike can rattle loose or get fatigue fractures.
>side note
rural roads often have deep and inhospitable drainage ditches, prepare to get wrecked
>>1963130
its all e bikes now pham, e shifters too lol
>>1963660
>tight bends and turns
visibility is messed up
the crest of hills, any corner with trees, sun strike on wet roads, adjoining roads
>>
>>1977042
rent free
>>
File: 20240000.gif (10 KB, 115x92)
10 KB
10 KB GIF
>>1963110
>>1979144
>>1979162
Cars are only fun on a race track..

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.