[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

this is NOT a race!

Post here to discuss unraced cycling for transportation because THIS IS A TRANSPORTATION BOARD
>>
what exactly is this man transporting at the skate park
>>
File: IMG_3529.png (18 KB, 500x250)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>that feeling of being a kid again
>>
>>2015769
pharmaceuticals
>>
File: IMG_9901.jpg (412 KB, 960x1280)
412 KB
412 KB JPG
>>2015758
It’s fun :3
>>
>>2015771
You seem damaged. I pity you.
>>
If I treat my commute as a race then I am still transporting my body from one location to another.
Thus it CAN be a race.
I win everytime.... unless I come in late.
>>
>>2015769
unracers are often seen riding around with hand made artisanal bicycle storage equipment stuffed with old newspapers because if you have "bikepacking bags" you're not in a race and this is NOT a race
>>
File: Tour Divide Ultra Race.jpg (678 KB, 2500x1667)
678 KB
678 KB JPG
>>2015868
>if you have "bikepacking bags" you're not in a race

uhhhh what ?
>>
>>2015868
rent free
>>
File: baskeeeet.jpg (1.95 MB, 1080x2015)
1.95 MB
1.95 MB JPG
use baskets maybe? Best of both worlds. Unfold to carry your stuff. Fold in for racer aero gains. I'm on both sides of the fence, my grass is always green.
>>
>>2015861
If I remember correctly your bike has drop bars and gives off strong racer vibes. You are NOT welcome in this thread!
>>
>>2015861
>front and rear derailleur
they don't have that in amsterdam, lance
>>
>>2015769
Attention.
>>
>>2016317
looks neat, what kind are those? any recs?
>>
Today I saw a guy enjoying himself on a high quality efficient and lightweight bicycle while wearing comfortable clothes and it ruined my day, NOBODY SHOULD HAVE FUN, BICYCLES ARE ABOUT PAIN AND SUFFERING YOU HAVE TO WEAR JEANS WHILE STRUGGLING TO PEDAL YOUR CREAKY 50 POUND PIECE OF SHIT OR I HATE YOU

I am very non judgmental btw
>>
>>
>>2019407
rent free
>>
File: baskeetz.jpg (2.53 MB, 3454x1816)
2.53 MB
2.53 MB JPG
>>2019406
they are 'unix' brand, model 'ariano'. You'll find the same baskets sold under other names at often higher prices.
They have not yet seen the mileage of their predecessors, various bags, so no comparisson here.
Recently lost a lunchbox so maybe the open top is an issue. Also if not weighted down sufficiently the floor may creep up from its fully unfolded position. Folding the baskets may be slower than anticipated the first few times as you'll need to figure out a few moves.
They are rather flimsy, of course they are. Mine have a few subtle kinks by now but it doesnt change the function at all.
The neat thing: When folded it's really as if they weren't there at all. If the bike has some weight to begin with you wont even notice the weight.
>>
>>2019913
thank you, looks pretty decent. i had a chinesium folding basket that was springloaded which is pretty cool(looked a bit like picrel), but it started rusting really fast in the rain. does this one hold up well? or do you only take out the bike when the sun is out?
>>
>>2019920
Its my daily I use it at least twice every workday, year round and sometimes on weekends. Theres precipitation everx other day, especially winter half of the year. Cagers throw salt everywhere in winter. Holds up decently so far but like I said, look closely in the pics: It kinks easily but so far no functional issues from that.
>>
>>2019406
I have had a set of wald folding baskets for many years and I love them. no rust. the folding hinges are clunky and don't always go the direction you want but once deployed or folded back, they are solid. they will carry literally any weight you can put in them. cases of beer, gallons of milk, and bricks (yes, I've filled them with bricks.)
they are heavy, though.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.