[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 19 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: bus shortages.jpg (106 KB, 474x711)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
Previous records shattered.
https://highlandcountypress.com/news/1st-quarter-fiscal-2024-apprehensions-southwest-border-highest-us-history-greater-population
1st quarter fiscal 2024 apprehensions at southwest border highest in U.S. history; greater than population of three U.S. states

The number of apprehensions of illegal border crossers along the southwest border in the first quarter of fiscal 2024 (Q1 FY24) is the highest in U.S. history.

They totaled 785,422, greater than the individual populations of three U.S. states: Wyoming (586,485), Vermont (647,818), and Alaska (733,536) and nearly the population of North Dakota (788,940).

After U.S. Department of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas unilaterally changed law established by Congress to facilitate the greatest number of illegal crossings in U.S. history, House Republicans and retired FBI counterintelligence officials have argued the changes directly created a national security threat. Officials say they have no way of knowing who the people being let into the country are, prompting House Republicans to move to impeach Mayorkas. After the first attempt failed this week, a second is likely, they say.

In fiscal 2024, which began Oct. 1, 2023, total apprehensions of illegal border crossers at the southwest border alone have been the highest in U.S. history for each month and for the quarter overall, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection data, last updated Jan. 4.

In Q1 FY24, apprehensions at the southwest border alone totaled 240,981 in October, 242,407 in November and 302,034 in December.

By comparison, in Q1 FY23, apprehensions at the southwest border totaled 231,529 in October, 235,173 in November, and 252,315 in December.

In Q1 FY22, apprehensions at the southwest border totaled 164,837 in October, 174,845 in November, and 179,253 in December.

In Q1 FY21, apprehensions at the southwest border totaled 71,929 in October, 72,113 in November, and 73,994 in December.
>>
As was the case in previous months and years under this administration, the greatest number of illegal border crossers are single adults. In Q1 FY24, apprehensions totaled over 413,000 single adults, accounting for 52% of illegal entries – nearly the population of Wyoming.

As Texas increased its border security efforts to block illegal entry, cartel activity has been pushed west into Democratic-led states that aren’t implementing similar tactics that Texas has, Texas Border Czar Mike Banks told The Center Square.

“If you look at the number of illegal border crossings today, Texas counts for 30% of those crossings,” he said. “The remaining 70% are crossing in Arizona, California, and New Mexico. Why? Because they're not putting up the resistance that Texas is.”

Historically, Texas has borne the brunt of illegal border crossings because it shares the longest border with Mexico of 1,254 miles. Of its five CBP sectors, the Rio Grande Valley and Del Rio sectors have reported the highest numbers.

The greatest volume has shifted to Tucson. San Diego is also reporting higher numbers.

According to CBP data, apprehensions totaled 200,048 in Q1 FY24 in Tucson, up from 68,480 in Q1 FY23, a 192% increase.

Apprehensions in Q1 FY24 totaled 95,439 in the San Diego Sector, up from 53,677 in Q1 FY23, a 77% increase.

Del Rio Sector agents reported record high apprehensions of 152,252 in Q1 FY24, up from 142,664 in Q1 FY23.

While still historically high, other sectors in Texas dropped over the same time period.

Rio Grande Valley Sector reported a drop from 84,311 in Q1 FY23 to 69,092 in Q1 FY24.
>>
El Paso Sector apprehensions dropped from 142,664 in Q1 FY23 to 78,481 in Q1 FY24. Laredo’s dropped from 13,674 to 7,904; Big Bend’s from 4,017 to 1,227, according to the data.

In the first quarter of fiscal 2024, of the nine southwest CBP sectors, the greatest number of apprehensions were reported in Tucson, followed by Del Rio, San Diego, El Paso, Rio Grande Valley, Yuma, Laredo, El Centro and Big Bend.

The apprehension data excludes known and reported gotaways, which CBP doesn’t publicly report. They are estimated to now be over two million, The Center Square has previously reported.

Including Q1 FY24 data, total illegal border crossers total roughly more than 11 million since January 2021
>>
>>1266011
I"M OUTRAGED!!1 THEY OUGHT TO APOLOGIZE!!11
>>
>>1266013
>Including Q1 FY24 data, total illegal border crossers total roughly more than 11 million since January 2021
In other words if you got all the illegal border crossers from the start of biden's presidency and put them in their own state, it would be the 8th largest state in the US
>>
we really gotta start separating the kids and putting up razor wire and land mins
>>
>>1266105
Nah, I think if we just stop telling people to try again the next day and don't pretend that deporting the same person 20 times a month is the same as deporting 20 different people.
But Republicunts want to pretend the border is in crisis, so they can LARP all they want.
>>
>>1266105
>we
Who?
>>
>>1266133
Americans
>>
>>1266129
785,422 criminals in a month and a half is a crisis. we need to stem the flow of those evil pieces of shit trying to invade
>>
>>1266135
No "we" don't.
>>
>>1266304
of course you don't. you live in israel, but here in the US we have a massive problem
>>
>>1266019
that's the plan.
>>
>>1266134
yeah, not you personally of course.

fuck off faggot. you aren't American if you aren't willing to defend America yourself.
>>
>>1266343
>reddit spacing
oh look, its a jewish faggot glowposting
>>
>>1266346
the whole reddit thing is very weird. i think you should change your shill protocol
>>
>>1266348
you should stop reddit spacing if you don't want to get called out for being a reddit spacing faggot
>>
>>1266105
Nah we're good. Thanks for the suggestion though, Ivan.
>>
>>1266353
I'm American, unlike you and obongo, chang
>>
>>1266354
>Anybody I don't like isn't American!
This is how we know you aren't American.
>>
>>1266355
you've just been exceedingly annoying recently. someone has to call it out
>>
>>1266355
anyone who wants more illegals isn't American and we both know obongo was born in kenya to USSR citizens
>>
>>1266357
>Anybody who disagrees with me politically isn't American!
This is how we can tell you aren't American. Your entire belief system goes against the constitutional principals of America.

>we both know obongo was born in kenya to USSR citizens
What I know is that you're deeply mentally ill and your already weak brain has been turned to wet tissue by online right-wing propaganda.
>>
>>1266358
>reddit spacing
everyone who wants more illegals wouldn't be able to vote under the original constitution
>no argument and and calling someone mentally ill
I see you can't prove that either you or obongo are American. weird how you can never call me wrong, only throw insults
>>
>>1266363
>everyone who wants more illegals wouldn't be able to vote under the original constitution
False. There has never been a version of the constitution that grants voting power based on having the correct political opinion. If you hate our constitution that much and want to live in a country that revoked citizenship for having the wrong political opinion maybe move to China or North Korea. You would be much more comfortable there.

>I see you can't prove that either you or obongo are American
I have zero interest in a schizoid birther conspiracy debate. If you're still not convinced at this point its because you're too mentally ill to engage with reality and I couldn't care less.
>>
>>1266365
>False.
no. you retard. if only white men voted the US would be republican from sea to shining sea, cope faggot
>more insults because the tranny can't prove that either it or obongo are American
many such cases
>>
>>1266367
you seem insecure
>>
>>1266367
Why u mad? Republicans want more migrants. They voted for this.
>>
>>1266367
And the true racist bigot emerges. Why do you people even pretend that your talking points and feelings are anything other than racism? We know what you mean. You know what you mean. Who are you tiptoeing around me for? Everyone knows your motivations are racial. You don’t have to pretend.
>>
>>1266389
nope. we voted for remain in mexico, separation of the kids from the rapist drug mules, a wall and razor wire. dems did vote for open borders though
>>
>>1266391
>strawman
also NYC must be super fucking racist considering they are saying illegals are a massive burden with zero benefit
>>
>>1266404
Dems put forth a bill that would have given Republicans all of that, but the completely non functional house of representatives that currently has republican majority has done nothing besides, vote for a speaker, twice.

Republicans are useless, obstructionist, and apparently dumb ass well.
>>
>>1266409
Source?
(FYI that means text of the bill, not DailyKOS).
>>
>>1266409
source? the bill I saw had a mandatory quota of allowing in 5,000 illegals per day (almost 2 million per year) no questions asked and put biden bureaucrats who weren't even judges in charge or rubber stamping "asylum" claims
>>
Where are all these seething boomers coming from?
>>
>>1266430
That’s not what the bill says at all, but that is the talking point of conservative media trying to drum up fear with misinformation. And you are assisting them by spreading this misinformation.
>>
>>1266430
Is this a bad thing? Republicans voted for more migrants no cap fr fr.
>>
>>1266431
Unironically from The Heritage Foundation. For some reason they think this board is worth shilling on. It's like a training ground for them. One Anon proved it a few months ago with archive links.
>>
>>1266432
>That’s not what the bill says at all,
surely you have a source then
>>
>>1266444
yeah the cap should be zero, all asylum claims should be auto denied and if you come into the US illegally it should be capital punishment and any illegals currently in the country should be rounded up. oh and take their kids too
>>
>>1266447
surely you have a source for this conspiracy theory
>>
>>1266455
https://archive.palanq.win/news/thread/1244066/#1244113
>>
>>1266457
where does that say the heritage foundation is paying boomers to post on /news/? I think you are confused because english isn't your first language and because you have a micropenis
>>
>>1266466
It doesn't. The tranny is on crack again.
The only org that's admittedly deployed paid shills on the Internet is the UN/WEF/WHO.
Obviously countries do this as well, like Russia, Brits, and the US via Elgin Air Force Base, as revealed by Snowden like a decade ago.
Out of all the known orgs that deploy shills, only the UN/WEF has a vested interest in pro-troons and fag shit.
>>
>>1266466
>>1266471
You are the shills.
>>
>>1266471
You would be one to know Ivan
>>
>>1266538
Sick BURN, Hillary Clinton

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.